Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, bagger said:

Clutching my pearls!

that is New York and pumkin (no I did not miss a P there) competing for the affections of flavor flav. My first real experience with “reality” tv. It was a thing of beauty.

Every once in awhile, my friends and I enter a room and scream Flava Flav!!!!

giphy.gif

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

giphy.gif

Do you wear an oversized clock too? 

I watched that show and laughed at how crazy these girls acted while competing for his favor. It’s a classic. 

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

giphy.gif

Ha!!!!! All these years later and my best friend and I do the same thing after a few martinis!

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, bagger said:

Ha!!!!! All these years later and my best friend and I do the same thing after a few martinis!

How about a little.....Yeaahhh Boy! We do that too..LOL!

A few months back, a friend of mine moved. She had a round white wall clock to hang in her new apt - I ran around the room holding the clock against me screaming Flava Flav!!

• Love 6
(edited)
47 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Producers looking for younger housewife to replace Carole. Since I am not feeling the new housewives with young children on the OC don’t look forward to this move. Though maybe someone Tinsleys age because she is going to need someone if she stays. 

I said years ago, right when it looked like Daisy from Blood, Sweat, and Heels was not getting better, that they needed to start having the RHoNY women mix more with BS&H girls. NYC is diverse as fuq, but the RHoNY cast is white as all get out. The only people to invite a friend of color (who wasn't someone they also paid a service like trainer or aesthetician) to an event were Luann and Heather. Jules is the only Housewife of color.

Demetria is like the younger Black version of Bethenny--bossy and thinks she knows everything. Arzo and Mica were both in their late 30s or so and worked in fashion. Chantelle owned a talent agency and briefly dated Mario during one of his break ups with Kasey. Geneva was a poseur. Melyssa had a career as a professional half-nekkid video writher that she was trying to put in her rearview mirror. I really thought a couple of the BS&H girls could have been introduced as FoH, especially Arzo, Demetria, and Chantelle.

The real problem is that anyone who is a big enough name, would never do the show and anyone who would do the show, isn't a big enough name and isn't really crushing it.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

It was EPIC!

The first episode, when the contestants were going to be cut to the top 20...one of the ladies took a crap on the floor.

running-away-gif-3.gif

2 hours ago, bagger said:

that is New York and pumkin (no I did not miss a P there) competing for the affections of flavor flav. My first real experience with “reality” tv. It was a thing of beauty.

2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Do you wear an oversized clock too? 

since Pumkin needs no "P" are we sure clock needs an "l"

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I said years ago, right when it looked like Daisy from Blood, Sweat, and Heels was not getting better, that they needed to start having the RHoNY women mix more with BS&H girls. NYC is diverse as fuq, but the RHoNY cast is white as all get out. The only people to invite a friend of color (who wasn't someone they also paid a service like trainer or aesthetician) to an event were Luann and Heather. Jules is the only Housewife of color.

I do not understand why we get season after season of Don't Be Tardy and the oddball 1-season wonders like Your Husband is in a RelationShep with Cyrus vs Cyrus, yet BSH and Ladies of London are both gone. 

Also, I'm fairly certain Bravo is frightened of anything Ramona or Luann might say to anyone of color if they drank with them on a regular basis. 

RIP Daisy.

• Love 12
59 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

Also, I'm fairly certain Bravo is frightened of anything Ramona or Luann might say to anyone of color if they drank with them on a regular basis

The chatter this would generate would finally and forever bring PTV to its knees!

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

Luann might say to anyone of color if they drank with them on a regular

Lu is one of the few who has had a person of color as a friend on this show. She was on an episode or two about whether or not Sonja hit on her fiancé or husband.

• Love 2
(edited)
10 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

I do not understand why we get season after season of Don't Be Tardy and the oddball 1-season wonders like Your Husband is in a RelationShep with Cyrus vs Cyrus, yet BSH and Ladies of London are both gone. 

Also, I'm fairly certain Bravo is frightened of anything Ramona or Luann might say to anyone of color if they drank with them on a regular basis. 

RIP Daisy.

It appears that Bravo is averse to be diverse.  None of their franchises appear to be what you could say are representative of their cities.  They play to the racial majority perhaps, but no integration to speak of.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

RIP Daisy.

They wanted to do more BS&H. They were delaying until Geneva's legal issues (hitting Melyssa with the champagne bottle and getting arrested over that $15 cab ride) could be wrapped up and they could restart filming and then Daisy died. It's a shame. I loved that show. Ladies of London too.

Ramona is one who would say something dumb. Also Dorinda is the one who just handed her coat to a Black man assuming he worked at the restaurant. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Play at your own risk

Howling with laughter!! ("My floooor!!!") OMG how would anyone ever live something like this down? 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Lu is one of the few who has had a person of color as a friend on this show. She was on an episode or two about whether or not Sonja hit on her fiancé or husband.

Just now, HunterHunted said:

Ramona is one who would say something dumb. Also Dorinda is the one who just handed her coat to a Black man assuming he worked at the restaurant. 

I guess I was thinking specifically of Luann remarking how the Count would be shocked! to find out she was dating a Jew; her casual manner freaked me a little. Her blackface and cultural appropriation freak me out a bit more. 

With Ramona I was just taking into account everything that's ever come out of her mouth.

• Love 5
(edited)

If any of the names mentioned on this page make it onto the NY show, someone will have to supply me with the Cliff notes.  I have no idea who you're all talking about.  The only name I ever heard before is Flava Flav but that doesn't mean I have the slightest idea who or what that is. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

They wanted to do more BS&H. They were delaying until Geneva's legal issues (hitting Melyssa with the champagne bottle and getting arrested over that $15 cab ride) could be wrapped up and they could restart filming and then Daisy died. It's a shame. I loved that show. Ladies of London too.

So someone hit someone else with a champagne bottle? Was she arrested for that as well as the cab drive? I guess the shove from upthread isn't all that much vs slugging someone with a bottle. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SCS said:

So someone hit someone else with a champagne bottle? Was she arrested for that as well as the cab drive? I guess the shove from upthread isn't all that much vs slugging someone with a bottle. 

Geneva hit Melyssa in the head with a champagne bottle. And yes she was arrested.

https://www.vibe.com/2015/04/geneva-thomas-ordered-community-service-for-assaulting-melyssa-ford/

She was arrested for the cab ride too. The driver said it was $15. She said that cab ride normally costs $10. She paid $10 and walked into the salon to get her manicure and then the police dragged her out. They told her to pay the $5 and make a complaint to the taxi & limo commission. She said no and got arrested.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, SCS said:

Melyssa Ford moved on from BS&H to being on a podcast radio show called Hollywood Unlocked.

She was in a car accident at the beginning of July - still recovering at home

https://people.com/tv/melyssa-ford-survived-crash-18-wheeler-truck/

• Love 2
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

How about a little.....Yeaahhh Boy! We do that too..LOL!

A few months back, a friend of mine moved. She had a round white wall clock to hang in her new apt - I ran around the room holding the clock against me screaming Flava Flav!!

Lol and here I thought we were the only fools still quoting that shit show.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SCS said:

Howling with laughter!! ("My floooor!!!") OMG how would anyone ever live something like this down? 

There was no shame in her game! She had to go!

• Love 2
On 7/30/2018 at 10:16 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Whether or not Carole was fired matters most to her detractors.  Otherwise, it's rather inconsequential, save for maybe Carole.

Yeah, getting let go by Bravo is not necessarily a bad thing.  Bravo seems to have a penchant for the most deplorable and slimy things imaginable. I'd consider it a compliment. 

I'm searching for content on Luann's legal battle with her adult children.  I couldn't find it.  I'll take it to her thread. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4

The cynical side of me wonders if Carole saw the Bethenny fight as a way to leave, remembered as her own woman and not anyone else’s sidekick.  She can leave after having “found her voice again” even if that voice isn’t the most noble.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, bagger said:

SOmeone really hates these women. They took every unflattering picture of theirs for this one. Check Tinsley out

The Luann, Sonja, Tinsley photos - are their mugshots

The Dorinda photo looks like the one where Bethenny wiped her lipstick off her face

The Ramona picture looks like one from when she got blackout drunk in the Berkeshires and was saying are you fucking kidding me, Bethenny?

The Bethenny one - she cries a lot - maybe her return season? LOL

The Carole one - meh - who cares

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ancslove said:

Bethenny’s sobbing, Luann and Tinsley’s mugshots!  That might also be Sonja’s mugshot, but I’m not sure. They didn’t use Ramona’s runway Crazy Eyes, though.

Oh that would have been amazing if they used ramona’s Runway walk

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, bagger said:

Oh that would have been amazing if they used ramona’s Runway walk

ramona-singer-walks-the-runway-a-differe

My absolute favorite game on WWHL, is when Andy has one of the guests don Ramona Eyes (Blindfold or Glasses) and has them stand in front of a green screen

• Love 17
15 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

My absolute favorite game on WWHL, is when Andy has one of the guests don Ramona Eyes (Blindfold or Glasses) and has them stand in front of a green screen

I don’t know how long ago we first saw this but it still cracks me up. I mean laugh out loud full on belly laugh.

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I love this.  Thank you!

6 minutes ago, bagger said:

I don’t know how long ago we first saw this but it still cracks me up. I mean laugh out loud full on belly laugh.

Me too!

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, bagger said:

I have always loved Ramona..here's a shot from a different angle - it's like she is having a slow motion Pinot Grigio hiccup

giphy.gif

My all time favorite scene of hers when she was exercising with barbells in a squat position between her legs. I thought she was going to injure herself in the crotch area - you can't see it but she's wearing clear sandals that she stole from Carole.

ramonaworkingout.gif?itok=yVCGbmni&key=1

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 14
39 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I love this.  Thank you!

Me too!

Ramona makes me cringe and other than vicki there is no other housewife I have less patience for but she has provided some of the funniest scenes in any housewife franchise.

ramona dancing with Simon 

walking in heels and a bikini

that cat walk

soooo many moments!

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, bagger said:

Ramona makes me cringe and other than vicki there is no other housewife I have less patience for but she has provided some of the funniest scenes in any housewife franchise.

ramona dancing with Simon 

walking in heels and a bikini

that cat walk

soooo many moments!

Yes and on that same trip she cracked me when she struggled to open the sliding patio door after being in the pool with 463 floaties.  LOL

• Love 7