Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

I'm not a fashionista but I sincerely doubt that mom jeans are the in thing.  I can't even guess how many women would sacrifice their last cookie/chip/bowl of ice cream/piece of chocolate to look like that in jeans.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, bagger said:

I think petty begets petty. Carol should have left the frenemies line out and really, “what morals” was production forcing her to betray? 

Yeah, I'm unsure how much more petty you can get than to call someone out as a frenemie in an announcement that you are leaving a job. That's Carole though, professional and "classy." It must be her Kennedy connections.

9 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I'm not a fashionista but I sincerely doubt that mom jeans are the in thing.  I can't even guess how many women would sacrifice their last cookie/chip/bowl of ice cream/piece of chocolate to look like that in jeans.

I'm gonna agree with you on that. I'd love to look that good in jeans. I also like that she is size inclusive.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Yeah, I'm unsure how much more petty you can get than to call someone out as a frenemie in an announcement that you are leaving a job. That's Carole though, professional and "classy." It must be her Kennedy connections.

I'm gonna agree with you on that. I'd love to look that good in jeans. I also like that she is size inclusive.

This is part of what irks me about her, she wants to say she’s above it all and that she’s over her friendship/frenemiship with Bethenny but then she fires a parting shot. Guess what? Someone is going to answer!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

Believe it or not mom jeans are the in thing. I know, I know. 

That said, I think her bod looks amazing in the jeans.

• Love 4

This version is modernized a bit so it's not quite as obnoxious such as in the hideous acid wash. I am secretly delighted because I have a high waist and short torso, to that style works well for me. (But it always wear long shirts, tops and sweaters that cover the top of the jeans.)

• Love 1

I am pretty tall but all of my height is in my legs. LOL!  I'd kill to have Luann's figure. 

I don't think plus size girls would wear SK jeans because I don't think Bethenny would produce them as that would go against the premise of her brand.  The samples she's shown on the show look cheap, like others have said Pajamajeans. 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

I don't think plus size girls would wear SK jeans because I don't think Bethenny would produce them as that would go against the premise of her brand.  The samples she's shown on the show look cheap, like others have said Pajamajeans. 

The line has more than just this style.  This is fall and winter.  There are some boot cuts, skirts, jackets, t-shirts.  So one picture an one style in the line.  Although I thought this style actually was one of the better looking on the plus size models.  I was intrigued.

• Love 2

Now it’s the mystery event in the summer.

Can you ask your inside source about it? I'm guessing the summer is when Carole told Beth about her decision to leave the show. It would explain why Beth was so pissy towards Carole from the get-go, as well as Beth's sudden willingness to befriend Sonja and Luann.

Everytime I see that ad picture I think the jeans make her look out of proportion. The crotch is ill fitting, she is skinny as heck yet they look so clingy, like Pajama Jeans.

The jeans were ill-fitting on the models at the runway show, too. I can see them ending up in the bargain bin alongside her SG luggage and jockstraps.

• Love 4

I'll be in skinny jeans until I die. I will never purchase, let alone wear, any sort of mom jeans style regardless of how hard the 20somethings are trying to make them happen. They aren't flattering on anyone.

Bethenny's SK jeans are right up my alley. I'll probably get a pair at some point, like when the temperature actually falls below 90 and I feel like wearing pants again.

• Love 4

I'm starting my Monday morning by zooming in on Bethenny Frankel's crotch.  Certain kind of special, indeed.

17 hours ago, AnnA said:

Bethany looks awesome on her website.

image.png

The wrinkles, whiskers or whatever they are, look odd. The way her fingers are positioned, almost look like she's raked them hard, from her crotch to her hip to create those lines.

So where are those plus sized models she was talking about?

• Love 6

I can't imagine that anyone who is plus sized would want to wear something that says "Skinny Girl" pasted on their bottom.  I really hate that brand name and all it represents.  To me, it is degrading.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Normades said:

I can't imagine that anyone who is plus sized would want to wear something that says "Skinny Girl" pasted on their bottom.  I really hate that brand name and all it represents.  To me, it is degrading.

I feel exactly the same about this. The brand name on other products is bad enough. But on jeans worn by size 0 to 38?  It’s degrading and offensive. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ryebread said:

And the more politically correct the country becomes, the 'Girl' part is probably going to have to go, too.

Can they please take "I'm a girl who..." with them? 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

If it wasn't for this Beth/Carole feud, what would anyone watching RHNY be talking about? 

I guess Luann and all of her goings on. Or Dorinda and her drunk scenes.

Sonja, Ramona, Tinsley, Nothing.

LuAnn and Dorinda should be the topics of conversation.  Their foibles are much juicier but apparently the misadventures of Queen B still rule RHONY.   

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, AnnA said:

the misadventures of Queen B still rule RHONY.   

It's hard to look away from a trainwreck! ; )

Andy weighs in on the dynamic at the reunion (using language that should earn him a huge slap on the face, the asshole):  "I watched part one on the plane today and it's great...What's interesting is the women are gunning for Bethenny. It's like a gang bang on Bethenny. Yeah, oh yeah. Big time. They came ready to go with her."

https://www.etonline.com/andy-cohen-says-the-women-are-gunning-for-bethenny-frankel-in-rhony-reunion-exclusive-107255

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, film noire said:

It's hard to look away from a trainwreck! 

Andy weighs in on the dynamic at the reunion (using language that should earn him a huge slap on the face, the asshole):"I watched part one on the plane today and it's great...What's interesting is the women are gunning for Bethenny. It's like a gang bang on Bethenny. Yeah, oh yeah. Big time. They came ready to go with her."

https://www.etonline.com/andy-cohen-says-the-women-are-gunning-for-bethenny-frankel-in-rhony-reunion-exclusive-107255

Can't wait. So much for easy breezy.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, film noire said:

It's hard to look away from a trainwreck! 

Andy weighs in on the dynamic at the reunion (using language that should earn him a huge slap on the face, the asshole):"I watched part one on the plane today and it's great...What's interesting is the women are gunning for Bethenny. It's like a gang bang on Bethenny. Yeah, oh yeah. Big time. They came ready to go with her."

He actually used the phrase "gang bang?"    What an asshole!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, film noire said:

It's hard to look away from a trainwreck! ; )

Andy weighs in on the dynamic at the reunion (using language that should earn him a huge slap on the face, the asshole):  "I watched part one on the plane today and it's great...What's interesting is the women are gunning for Bethenny. It's like a gang bang on Bethenny. Yeah, oh yeah. Big time. They came ready to go with her."

Interesting in the above linked blurb, Andy shared the following... is it a hint at who will be the next HW?
"Radziwill, meanwhile, will not be returning for season 11 -- but Cohen isn't worried about finding a new Housewife. 

"The great thing about New York is the history, so we love people who have history with the group," he shared. "Dorinda had history with the group, but you had never really seen her before." "

Hmmm... thoughts?

And yes - "gang bang" was a horrible turn of phrase to use - but would we expect any less from Andy Cohen - doesn't excuse it of course - he's horrible.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, AnnA said:

LuAnn and Dorinda should be the topics of conversation.  Their foibles are much juicier but apparently the misadventures of Queen B still rule RHONY.   

I have brought up Sonja's grossness with the shorts and trying to figure out what to do about camel toe (with toilet paper in the labia being a suggestion,) twice. 

Lu and her comment about wishing she were on the island with a man, Tinsley and her Kentucky Derby slash funeral flowers and how tacky Scott is, how gorgeous the pool was, the origin of the food poisening, Ramona being the voice of reason, all without touching on anything dark. Those conversations seem to die though.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

He actually used the phrase "gang bang?" What an asshole!

1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

Yeah, gang bang is unfortunate word choice. 

28 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

And yes - "gang bang" was a horrible turn of phrase to use - but would we expect any less from Andy Cohen - doesn't excuse it of course - he's horrible.

I think "gang bang" was used incorrectly at another reunion (either Vicki during or after Brooks, LVP, against Rinna during the bunny reunion, towards Phaedra on her last reunion, or Wig during this last reunion). I don't think Andy ever forgot because he thought it was hilarious.

• Love 4

And the more politically correct the country becomes, the 'Girl' part is probably going to have to go, too.

Can they please take "I'm a girl who..." with them? 

Lawd, not another GirlGate, please. 

Andy weighs in on the dynamic at the reunion (using language that should earn him a huge slap on the face, the asshole): 

Ugh. You just know it was all stroke material for him. He probably had to excuse himself to go snort a pile and get blown by whatever twink was bartending on WWHL the night before.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Giselle said:

I'll stick to my boot cuts and my 501s. I look best in them so why change.

When you find a pair of jeans that work, it's like the clouds part and the angels sing. Then when the company decides to discontinue them, it's a betrayal.

1 hour ago, BodhiGurl said:

Interesting in the above linked blurb, Andy shared the following... is it a hint at who will be the next HW?
"Radziwill, meanwhile, will not be returning for season 11 -- but Cohen isn't worried about finding a new Housewife. 

"The great thing about New York is the history, so we love people who have history with the group," he shared. "Dorinda had history with the group, but you had never really seen her before." "

Hmmm... thoughts?

Before Tinsley was cast, I remember hoping for LuAnn's model friend to be cast. Maybe she doesn't want to be a permanent fixture or maybe she's never ever been considered, but I've been interested in knowing her story since she was on the show a couple seasons back.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

I think "gang bang" was used incorrectly at another reunion (either Vicki during or after Brooks, LVP, against Rinna during the bunny reunion, towards Phaedra on her last reunion, or Wig during this last reunion). I don't think Andy ever forgot because he thought it was hilarious.

I'm thinking Vicki said it at a reunion in reference to the other women ganging up on her.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Jel said:

I'd really love to see a little diversity in that group. 

Honestly? I find them all so questionable when it comes to issues relating to race that I wouldn't want a new cast member to have to deal with a season of weird comments and microaggressions. 

• Love 3
On 8/6/2018 at 8:06 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

I have brought up Sonja's grossness with the shorts and trying to figure out what to do about camel toe (with toilet paper in the labia being a suggestion,) twice. 

Lu and her comment about wishing she were on the island with a man, Tinsley and her Kentucky Derby slash funeral flowers and how tacky Scott is, how gorgeous the pool was, the origin of the food poisening, Ramona being the voice of reason, all without touching on anything dark. Those conversations seem to die though.

Maybe she should have stuffed it with one of the earrings Carole gave her. It looked about the right length to cover the camel toe.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Maybe she should have stuffed it with one of the earrings Carole gave her. It looked about the right length to cover the camel toe.

Oh God! Don't give her ideas about having her labia pierced. 

• Love 1
Just now, ShawnaLanne said:

Oh God! Don't give her ideas about having her labia pierced. 

Ha - I'm sure she'd announce it if she ever does it.

Sonja's issue is an easy fix. All you need is a thin piece of something like that extra piece of fabric you have in bikini bottoms.

Now I realize - Sonja probably doesn't sew - so an easy fix would have been to raid the first aid kit for a larger sized rectangular band-aid. She lasered downstairs so she wouldn't have to worry about the sticky part of the band aid - and the adhesive would have kept it in place.

Sonja bringing up the camel toe was one of the lesser cringe worthy things she's done. I would rather have her bring up the subject of her crotch area than to show us her uncovered crotch which she's subjected us to on multiple occasions. I feel sorry for the camera crew and the editors that have to pixel it out

• Love 1
On 8/6/2018 at 6:33 PM, Mozelle said:

When you find a pair of jeans that work, it's like the clouds part and the angels sing. Then when the company decides to discontinue them, it's a betrayal.

Before Tinsley was cast, I remember hoping for LuAnn's model friend to be cast. Maybe she doesn't want to be a permanent fixture or maybe she's never ever been considered, but I've been interested in knowing her story since she was on the show a couple seasons back.

Yes it is. 

I'm one of those that buys and stashes multiples of classic clothes staples.  I also figure that gives me a grace period to find the next new thing if something goes away or changes.

I have a nice stash of my favorite vintage Rayban style that should see me thru decades. B&L lenses without that glaring white logo. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, archer1267 said:

Holy shit!! 

Just saw on the NY Post that Dennis OD'ed. I did not peg him as a user. Bethenny threw around the coke accusation frequently towards others but was maybe oblivious to what was going on with him.

Story

Wow!

• Love 3