Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

I don’t even know where this belongs but while the FBI is searching the Regency re Michael Cohen just imagine what they could dig up on TOM from forensics on cameras  and check in data haha. Every time I see the Regency in the media this week I laugh that damn place really is a hot spot! Shit goes down there. 

• Love 8
On 3/13/2018 at 11:03 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Bethenny & Carol's friendship is "over".

A couple of weeks before the premier.  

Alrighty.

rhony-stars-bethenny-frankel-carole-radziwill

I was wondering about this, when I saw this post.  If it weren't so daunting of a task, I'd go searching for my old post from back when I posted that just wait until Carol gets a big old dose of Bethenny and we'll see what she has to say then.  Bethenny goes though people, I think.  I think that she just consumes them with her energy and they end up so exhausted, they have to break free for their own survival. And, I don't think Bethenny would disagree with that statement.  lol 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, SCS said:

Lu and Dorinda spent some time on the local  KTLA morning news. Lu does not stop babbling -- she really loves the sound of her voice. I think the interviewer peeks off camera a few times as if wondering "how do I get a question in?"

Dorinda? Was Dorinda.

Nene was on, too. I'll post her stuff over in ATL.

I really like sober Dorinda. But that schmata she’s wearing- - the fabric print is lovely, but it had a real And Then There’s Maude feel to it. 

If I were Dorinda and watched the show, I would seriously consider drinking less alcohol during filming.

• Love 3

https://thefix.nine.com.au/2018/04/10/09/47/what-happened-between-bethenny-frankel-and-carole-radziwill-rhony-interview

What BFF breakup?

The Season 10 premiere of The Real Housewives of New York City shocked fans by hinting that Bethenny Frankel and Carol Radziwill's once-tight friendship had completely dissolved. Now, Frankel is telling her side of the story.

"There's no fallout between Carole and myself," she told TheFIX in an exclusive interview in Sydney on April 9. "I really love Carole."

While it may seem like they've drifted apart, the 47-year-old Skinnygirl founder says her bond with Radziwill was just never that deep.

"Most of my friends, my best friends, I've had for 30 years. So, I have my really tight-knit group and meeting any new people is always – I don't want to say risky – but it's not the same depth and dimension as friends that you've had your whole life," she said.

"And creating friendships under these circumstances on a reality show with so many people around… If you have any sort of slight shift, everybody's like, well, what happened?... There are too many cooks spoiling the broth.

"But I love Carole, and I love being on the show with her, and it's been a great experience."

She said, she said. They certainly have got a lot of mileage out of this alleged rift. All for show and a story line, is my current theory.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I don’t even know where this belongs but while the FBI is searching the Regency re Michael Cohen just imagine what they could dig up on TOM from forensics on cameras  and check in data haha. Every time I see the Regency in the media this week I laugh that damn place really is a hot spot! Shit goes down there. 

I put it over on the Bethenny thread because hours before the raid Dennis was bragging about getting a warning from Michael Cohen about the fire in the Trump building.  Literally, as I am reading the story, MSNBC has a breaking news moment and the headline is FBI at the Regency Hotel searching Michael Cohen's room.  I realized I am familiar with these NY businesses for all the wrong reasons. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

https://thefix.nine.com.au/2018/04/10/09/47/what-happened-between-bethenny-frankel-and-carole-radziwill-rhony-interview

She said, she said. They certainly have got a lot of mileage out of this alleged rift. All for show and a story line, is my current theory.

Actually I kind of agree with Bethenny.  One of my favorite franchises BH, has pretty much jumped the shark with all the silly nonsense of friend seniority.  These women for the most part have little to do with each other when the cameras are down.  They may text and talk but it always seems to me they save their "candid" moments for the camera.  This professing their love for each other and then having to break down how they feel about people from their childhood or pre-RH era all make for some pretty flexible friends.  Even Dorinda seemed to bitch a lot about having to be a part of Luann's wedding party.

Carole and Adam enjoyed trips on Bethenny and Dennis' dime and to me it always looked like Bethenny was trying to make a foursome happen.  Bethenny goes in big with people, she couldn't leave the room without telling Jason she loved him.  Then her interest seem to diminish.  Carole also made a point saying she had discussed an issue with Bethenny, discussed another issue with Bethenny and again and again.  I get Carole a three year friendship should not have that many discussions about issues between  the two of you.

I had to laugh at Bethenny saying she loved Carole.  I noticed Bethenny also tweeted she loved Luann.  RH love is always baffling.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny goes in big with people, she couldn't leave the room without telling Jason she loved him.  Then her interest seem to diminish. 

You, me, and Bernadette agree. She said this bitchy/truthy thing a long time ago when Beth got engaged to Jason. That Beth would lose interest or not need him anymore so she'd dump him. 

Below, Bethenny says she would leave RHONY before she would leave Carole. That Carole is her "real" friend.

I think she treats her friends, family, (including husbands) and employees like accessories. They are only there to make her look good and 'put together'. Once the accessory has gone out of style or lost its usefulness, to the back of the closet it goes.

http://www.realitytea.com/2016/12/15/bethenny-frankel-loves-carole-radziwill-much-leave-rhony-leaves-carole/

• Love 7

I think it is because Carole is running here, there and everywhere making sure that people know about it. I get it--this show is her main source of income outside of selling her nightgowns on the internet--and she is drumming up interest. Bethenny kinda squashed it just now.

• Love 8

I'm really liking these makeup free photos of celebs.  Maybe, I'm just over all that dark, heavy stuff, but, lately, most everyone I see looks better withOUT the heavy makeup.  You know, I recall when I always seemed to get hit on more by young guys, when I had little or no makeup on.  Usually, I had just left the gym and was running errands in sweats, hair in ponytail, sweaty, etc.....go figure.  lol 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, ryebread said:

None of them are truly makeup -free in those photos. Sonja is probably the closest, but it looks like her brows were very, very lightly pencilled in. I think she's just gorgeous. 

8 minutes ago, ryebread said:

It looks like she's got foundation on which is too pink toned for her yellow toned complexion. Another tell is, that it looks so darned flat

Agreed - the others maybe have a little bit of cheating going on on top of the fake eyelashes (Lu maybe some liner on bottom lids?) but they are clearly not wearing foundation or any heavy powder.  Ramona obviously has foundation on - look at the skin on her chest, you can see some sun spots.  I'm sure her skin is more like that without anything on it.  

Not that there's anything wrong with that!!  Just don't lie and say you're not wearing makeup.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TexasGal said:

http://people.com/style/real-housewives-of-new-york-makeup-free-photos/

Ok, even giving Ramona the benefit of the doubt that those are eyelash extensions, she does not look make up free.  Carole has beautiful skin.

Maybe Ramona thinks make-up free is no lipstick.  Not that there is a lot of credibility to Ramona but years ago Gretchen Rossi got into trouble for claiming her lip stick with lip plumper was all she used.  Turns out she was having filler put in her lips.  Ramona is doing the make up free BS because she has a new skin care product coming out.  She is pretending her skin just looks good due to years of taking care of it.  Ramona should learn from Gretchen.   Whenever Ramona is on WWHL it looks like her make-up has been put on with a palette knife.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Carole has beautiful skin.

Carole's skin has improved a lot. She used to have deep pock marks. Either that photo has been retouched or she's found her holy grail. She's into microneedling. I'd be curious to know which system she uses. Anybody use one?

51 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

(Lu maybe some liner on bottom lids?)

Lulu is either wearing eyeliner or she's had her lids tattooed. It's so heavy, and stops too abruptly on the bottom lid. I've had to get light handed with the eyeliner on my bottom lids. Can't remember the last time I wore black. Makes me look old as dirt.

I'd like to see Tinsley without makeup. And Erica from BH.  Her skin looks flawless.

• Love 2

Erika's skin really does look flawless, and she's not young so there has to be some intervention there because of stupid gravity. But so often with the fillers and botox, these ladies seem to end up with some strange lumps and bumps on their faces, but not Erika. I do not what she's doing or has done, but many kudos to her doctors and estheticians.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I'd like to see Tinsley without makeup.

Besides her mug shot. LOL.

Here's one.  Pretty!

ETA:  I think she's wearing make-up, here, but its so goood. 

Jel, I think Erika's good skin is partly due to genetics but also bags and bags of money.

488ed6dd3bcfb71388eec3b487f099a0--no-mak

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

None of them are truly makeup -free in those photos. Sonja is probably the closest, but it looks like her brows were very, very lightly pencilled in. I think she's just gorgeous. 

I think Sonja is the only one without mascara  (And yes, she's gorgeous. I remember how taken I was with her looks - and personality - during her first season. The kindest/sanest voice at Scary Island -- and now, Grey Gardens).

p.s. this product is amazing

https://theordinary.com/product/rdn-hyaluronic-acid-2pct-b5-30ml

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, but, I don't have any faith in anything Bethenny says, so.....lol.  

Doesn't matter if what Bethenny says is true or not. She's deftly squashing what Carole is putting out there.

15 hours ago, ryebread said:

Carole's skin has improved a lot. She used to have deep pock marks. Either that photo has been retouched or she's found her holy grail. She's into microneedling. I'd be curious to know which system she uses. Anybody use one?

I've never done it but fell down a google hole about it last night.  Both dermatologist and other sites remarkably say 100% of users for acne scars see improvement.  

So then of course I tried to find out whether it would help my main skin issue and also of course some people say yes!  others say NO!  Sigh. 

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

I've never done it but fell down a google hole about it last night.  Both dermatologist and other sites remarkably say 100% of users for acne scars see improvement.  

So then of course I tried to find out whether it would help my main skin issue and also of course some people say yes!  others say NO!  Sigh. 

Someone I know got the roller from Rodan & Fields. And no lie, it totally erased the marionette lines she was starting to get. But like you, I've seen mixed reviews, whether you get it done at a dermatologist or you try the home version.

15 hours ago, film noire said:

I wonder how this differs from BHA. I've been using the 2% BHA from Paula's Choice for about a year, and the results are very good.

• Love 1

Wouldn't want Perry Mason to question me on this..

however...

Based on how I look with zero makeup on

Based on what I know about each and every piece of makeup that I use and what they accomplish..

The housewives that were photographed appear to be wearing a precise level of makeup.

Why on earth do I care?

Edited by artisto
18 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Are you talking about the one by Dr Awada?

Actually I have: Holistic Microneedling by Anthony Kingston MSc

Bought it on Amazon...

In Nov 2017=$59.38

Just use the Amazon search engine..type in...Holistic Microneedling

I'm gonna assume that the HW of NY go to a spa or a dermatologist.

Me=DIY

Edited by artisto
took out the loathsome..non-working link
33 minutes ago, artisto said:

I'm gonna assume that the HW of NY go to a spa or a dermatologist.

Me=DIY

Carole has had hers done at a spa, but I seem to remember an interview where she was sitting at her dressing table and holding up her derma roller and swearing by it. But back then I wasn't interested so I didn't pay attention if she mentioned a brand. Now? Now that I'm starting to notice lines at the side of my mouth? Now I'm interested. LOL. Thanks I'll check out the book.

• Love 1

This photo from the season premiere, April 4th.

Ramona -  Oh Ramona

Luann - Clearly thinner & toned 

Andy -  ?

Carole - Sequinned lingerie dress with a sleeved, collared blouse.  Mkay

Dorinda - Too much self tanner, but she looks great!

Tinsley - Much, much better hair!

andy with rhony.jpg

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 8

Tried to do some research on RHO salaries, in an effort to confirm Tinsley's ability to afford her own damn rent, just based on her RHO money.  Though unsuccessful in my quest, I ran across this story from January of this year, which I found a little interesting.  The photo of the original RHONY cast is a gem.  Luann about the only one who isn't pretty much completely transformed.  Well, Alex could be, but only Oz knows for sure.

how-much-bethenny-frankel-made-on-real-housewives-of-new-york-city

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
The link dummy. Add the link.
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Tried to do some research on RHO salaries, in an effort to confirm Tinsley's ability to afford her own damn rent, just based on her RHO money.  Though unsuccessful in my quest, I ran across this story from January of this year, which I found a little interesting.  The photo of the original RHONY cast is a gem.  Luann about the only one who isn't pretty much completely transformed.  Well, Alex could be, but only Oz knows for sure.

Lawsuits are the easiest way to figure out housewives' salaries. We know what Tamra made because of her divorce and child support agreements. I'm sure Teresa and Jacqueline had to list their salaries for their bankruptcies. I think Shannon listed hers. Maybe Jules had to list her one and done salary.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Lawsuits are the easiest way to figure out housewives' salaries. We know what Tamra made because of her divorce and child support agreements. I'm sure Teresa and Jacqueline had to list their salaries for their bankruptcies. I think Shannon listed hers. Maybe Jules had to list her one and done salary.

Believe me when I tell you that I'm not that invested in the quest, lol.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

According to that article, Beth made a hundred million from the Beam deal.  No way Beth was paid that amount.  Beam's financials show that.  Maybe the deal had that potential but Skinnygirl sales were down the year after Beam purchased it.  Beam's financials showed no payout of that amount the year they purchased it.  Is Beth going to clarify?  Nope.  Hey.  I'm not saying she didn't make a great deal...her and her partner but there's never been any proof or acknowledgement from Beam that it was anywhere near published reports.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, breezy424 said:

According to that article, Beth made a hundred million from the Beam deal.  No way Beth was paid that amount.  Beam's financials show that.  Maybe the deal had that potential but Skinnygirl sales were down the year after Beam purchased it.  Beam's financials showed no payout of that amount the year they purchased it.  Is Beth going to clarify?  Nope.  Hey.  I'm not saying she didn't make a great deal...her and her partner but there's never been any proof or acknowledgement from Beam that it was anywhere near published reports.

Yeah, that discussion was had in another Small Talk thread a while back.  Someone thought that the deal was more like $25 mil, with the potential for $100, but that it didn't reach that level.  I do think by now though, since she's diversified with so many other products, that we shall not be needing any benefit pig roasts in Miss Bs honor any time soon.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yeah, that discussion was had in another Small Talk thread a while back.  Someone thought that the deal was more like $25 mil, with the potential for $100, but that it didn't reach that level.  I do think by now though, since she's diversified with so many other products, that we shall not be needing any benefit pig roasts in Miss Bs honor any time soon.

When the Skinnygirl sale was first announced people were estimated $35 milllion.   Ramona said, "oh Bethenny exaggerates more like $8 million," Bethenny wasn't amused and mentioned she paid more than that in taxes. Always important to remember Bethenny had a 50/50 partner so $100 million becomes $50 million.  After the first year there was a $22 million dollar payout for exceeding certain benchmarks-which I assume is part of the $100 million.  Then Skinnygirl sales went down.  

Do her products stay in commerce?  Make up, shapewear died.  Luggage never made it on the market.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

When the Skinnygirl sale was first announced people were estimated $35 milllion.   Ramona said, "oh Bethenny exaggerates more like $8 million," Bethenny wasn't amused and mentioned she paid more than that in taxes. Always important to remember Bethenny had a 50/50 partner so $100 million becomes $50 million.  After the first year there was a $22 million dollar payout for exceeding certain benchmarks-which I assume is part of the $100 million.  Then Skinnygirl sales went down.  

Do her products stay in commerce?  Make up, shapewear died.  Luggage never made it on the market.

Okay, presuming all ^this is true, no pig roast for her.

• Love 1
On 4/11/2018 at 5:13 PM, ryebread said:

I believe someone posted an article in Sonja’s thread where she says she gets microblading (am I using the right term?) on her eyebrows. Maybe the microblading/tattooing is the culprit?

• Love 1
21 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I never paid much attention to her products then fell in love with the face scrub. I still haven't found anything like it. A poster on another forum was in a focus group and said the very name of her brand put off a lot of consumers. I thought maybe she was juggling too many products at once. 

• Love 1