Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

There are quite a few articles saying that Tinsley Mortimer is joining the cast. I've thought for years that she should join the cast. I'm curious who she'll align with.

I've also thought horrible Lizzie Grubman should join too, but it turns out she reps Carole.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

There are quite a few articles saying that Tinsley Mortimer is joining the cast. I've thought for years that she should join the cast. I'm curious who she'll align with.

I've also thought horrible Lizzie Grubman should join too, but it turns out she reps Carole.

Why doesn't it surprise me that Carole associates in any capacity with someone who thinks it's ok to deliberately run into a crowd of people and then call them white trash. I didn't think I could think worse of Carole but then you have this. Carole is trashy no matter how high and mighty she acts. Can't wait for her downfall.

From Wiki:

2001 incident with an SUV[edit]

On July 7, 2001, after being asked by security guards to remove her Mercedes from a fire lane, Grubman drove her father´s Mercedes Benz SUV[12] into a crowd of people outside of the Conscience Point Inn at 1976 North Sea Road in the Hamptons, injuring 16 people. Grubman was later charged in a 26-count indictment with felony crimes including second-degree assault, driving while intoxicated, and reckless endangerment.[13]

The subsequent trial garnered widespread media coverage,[13][14][15] not only because of the particular circumstances of the crash, but because of what Richard Johnson, editor of the New York Post's Page Six, referred to as "the overreaching drama of class warfare."[16] Grubman was alleged to have made an inflammatory statement before striking her victims with her vehicle: "F*** you, white trash."[17] Later, allegations arose that she received "special treatment"[18] at the hands of police, who did not perform a Breathalyzer test[18] despite allegations, and later, criminal charges, that she was intoxicated at the time of the incident.[13][19]

Grubman has said that the SUV incident was an accident.[20]

In the criminal trial, Grubman faced up to eight years in prison, but served thirty-eight days in jail and received five years' probation after reaching a plea bargain for leaving the scene of a car accident.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

But then we'd have to think the same of all the other celebrities who she represented too...

I would be but with her current client list and Carole being one of her higher profile clients, I don't actually think about any of them. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2

Different sources claim different losses...she somehow kept Puff Daddy, and even Britney Spears hires her now and then for consulting.

Regardless, would the show work better if they got someone like Grubman or Mortimer, women who have very public pasts, or would it be better to have someone with a less public past join the show?

• Love 1

Alert the media!

Bethy, call your lawyers! 

Kelly Dodd is drinking and shilling a beverage called "Skinny"!

'Sipping on my @teamiblendsSkinny tea as usual. I'm bikini body ready if I do say so myself ? you can try it, and get some for a friend! Use DODD50 for 50% off $94 and free two-day shipping all week! #thankyouteami"'

• Love 1
On 12/20/2016 at 2:37 PM, AndySmith said:

Any list that has Kelly Dodd as #1 is already invalid.

For real. There is no existing math that would result in Kelly Dodd being #1, unless it's most awful housewives ranked. There are arguments to be made for all manner of terrible housewives being in the top spot, but Kelly hasn't been here long enough and she was unequivocally monstrous the entire time. They could have put Jill, Ramona, Bethenny, Aviva, Bensimon, Vicki, NeNe in the top spot and I would have been fine with it. You can make an argument for any of them, but Kelly Dodd. NOPE!!!!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

For real. There is no existing math that would result in Kelly Dodd being #1, unless it's most awful housewives ranked. There are arguments to be made for all manner of terrible housewives being in the top spot, but Kelly hasn't been here long enough and she was unequivocally monstrous the entire time. They could have put Jill, Ramona, Bethenny, Aviva, Bensimon, Vicki, NeNe in the top spot and I would have been fine with it. You can make an argument for any of them, but Kelly Dodd. NOPE!!!!!

Well, the only HW that let anyone "know" about this poll was Kelly on her twitter page and according to her, less than 1,400 people voted in total....so, I am thinking that the only ones that participated for the most part were those few fans Kelly has! LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3

Per Adam's IG: he will be on Chopped tonight.

How come Carole isn't promoting it on her SM accounts? I think the bloom is off the rose on that showmance and that he hangs with her for publicity and she hangs desperately onto his handlebars to look hip. 

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Per Adam's IG: he will be on Chopped tonight.

How come Carole isn't promoting it on her SM accounts? I think the bloom is off the rose on that showmance and that he hangs with her for publicity and she hangs desperately onto his handlebars to look hip. 

Anything is possible but Carole is so focused on this past Presidential Election/Trump that she isn't tweeting anything else, nothing else at all! LOL

4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Anything is possible but Carole is so focused on this past Presidential Election/Trump that she isn't tweeting anything else, nothing else at all! LOL

She posted pics of enough pics herself  in between her rantings. She even promoted some nude pics of herself after hypocritically disparaging Melania Trump for posing nude. 

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

She posted abput it on IG, it's  going to be a "healthy" theme.

Yes, but she only posted it late in the the day of, his announcement had been up for a few days.

On 9/15/2016 at 6:56 AM, mwell345 said:

Funny how that happens. 

Meanwhile, here's two besties at NY Fashion Week.  Did Carole pick out Bethenny's dress?

wenn29529335.jpg

That's the same dress Juliet Angus wore on Ladies of London!

And it was hideous then too

IMG_2785.jpg

Edited by AnitaKnight
  • Love 3

Haven't watched it yet.  It is Radar.  It is Shuter.  I'm assuming it is Bethenny.  Don't know.

http://radaronline.com/videos/rhony-cast-emergency-meeting-boring-bravo/

ETA:  Everyone is boring.  Bethenny has to come up with another storyline.  No more Skinnygirl stuff and missed the rest.  No biggie really.  The link also gave me a bit of a problem so people that hate links might want to pass.....  Personally... I probably should have passed on posting it.   

Edited by Ellee
  • Love 1

She was never a Kennedy nor did she marry one so no tea to spill. And none of them have anything to do with her now that there is no reason to. She spilled all her tea in her ghostwritten memoir anyway. I think it was horribly shameless and tacky for her to go on not one but two ghost shows trying to connect with them on theother side and saying Carolyn Bessette came through when she hated the press and probably would have thought of aCarole as a pathetic fame whore for doing the RHONY

• Love 5

She was never a Kennedy nor did she marry one so no tea to spill

She could still have tea to spill via her other connections...but hey, whatever the reason, whether it's because she doesn't have any info or doesn't want to share what she has, I'm kind of glad she isn't sharing.

• Love 3
On 1/7/2017 at 0:06 AM, stewedsquash said:

For some strange reason I like the dress but it does look terrible on Bethenny. I wonder what body type it would look good on? I can see the dress looking good in my mind, I just can't see the body. It just looks like it has so many craftsman seamstress details and it fascinates me. I even love the fabric print, it looks like water colors, the dotty details, the pleats, the smocking. I want to see this dress on someone who will make it look good!

Wow, that is one hideous dress.  Oh man, it figures LoL Julie wore it.  Her fashion sense is the absolute worst.  She ALWAYS looks like leftover dog poop.  And so does Bethenny in that thing.  Would anyone look good in that dated horrible dress?  Maybe Marcia Brady, going to a dance with the football player who wouldn't who go out with her till her nose healed & she got hot again.  But that was back in 1974, which is where that dress should remain.  Or Bethenny could give it to Carole.  She did wear that Prairie dress before.  Maybe she has some weird fetish for this kinda shit.

Btw, I averted my eyes from that fugly dress & noticed how terrible it makes her legs look.  And Bethenny, maybe you might wanna get the right sized shoes cuz your toes look over-crowded in those.  Yuck.  Fail on this look (ALL of it) for Bethenny, but Carole looks surprisingly pretty good -- for her anyway.

4 minutes ago, Jamie Satyr said:

Bethenny was a guest on Food Network's, "Beat Bobby Flay!" She was as obnoxious and attention whoring as anytime; she just can't herself! ;-)

Maybe that is who she is now?!?

• Love 2
16 hours ago, WireWrap said:

LOL Thanks but No Thanks. She drives me batty anymore! LOL

The only time I approve of her boorish behavior is when she's reading the "Countless" to filth! The woman is a serial liar and Bethenny brings her back to reality when others let it slide! ;-)

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Jamie Satyr said:

The only time I approve of her boorish behavior is when she's reading the "Countless" to filth! The woman is a serial liar and Bethenny brings her back to reality when others let it slide! ;-)

Except that Bethenny isn't a bastion of truth either! LOL

• Love 5

Carole has an interview up in Vulture

http://www.vulture.com/2017/04/carole-radziwill-on-being-rhonys-resident-politico.html

Y'all, Y'all! When I say I damn near flatlined reading this part?

Do you think any of the women on the show voted for him?
Probably! Sonja very openly says that she knows Trump personally; I didn’t want to delve into that conversation any deeper than that. One time she said she was an adviser to the Trump campaign.

I literally laughed out loud. Considering the romper room bullshit that is D.C. at the moment, I would not be surprised if Sonja says that she's heading down to Mar-a-lago for the weekend to have an audience with #45. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Carole has an interview up in Vulture

http://www.vulture.com/2017/04/carole-radziwill-on-being-rhonys-resident-politico.html

Y'all, Y'all! When I say I damn near flatlined reading this part?

I literally laughed out loud. Considering the romper room bullshit that is D.C. at the moment, I would not be surprised if Sonja says that she's heading down to Mar-a-lago for the weekend to have an audience with #45. 

Sonja will shortly announce that she introduced former Mrs. Trump, Ivana, to smokey eye, updo, Gstaad....

ivana-trump-80s-hair-blonde-updo-galore-

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, teapot said:

https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/divorcing-reality-tv-what-happens-after-you-leave-the-real-housewives

interview w/ex-HW's Gretchen Rossi, Alexis Bellino, Sheree Whitfield (even though she's back, right?) and lots of Jill Zarin.  really long but interesting, there's subtle shade which I always appreciate.

Fantastic article, thanks for posting it! You know -- I kept staring at that image of Jill Zarin in the bright pink dress with the award wondering who she looked like (because she sure as hell doesn't look like Jill Zarin) and finally realized: With blonder hair, she and Alexis would be eerily similar.

Edited by steelcitysister
Changed a word just 'cause I could
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, teapot said:

https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/divorcing-reality-tv-what-happens-after-you-leave-the-real-housewives

interview w/ex-HW's Gretchen Rossi, Alexis Bellino, Sheree Whitfield (even though she's back, right?) and lots of Jill Zarin.  really long but interesting, there's subtle shade which I always appreciate.

That was fantastic. Though the extent of Jill's delusions is troubling. Does she not recall her one on one interview with Andy about how she intentionally caused her rift with Bethenny for a storyline? Additionally, she seems to be ignoring the fact that by secretly recording said interview she guaranteed that Bravo would never bring her back as a full timer because she'd be breaking tge fourth wall all the time.

It's hilarious that Jill doesn't see that she's the villian in her own story.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Some pics of the ladies from the premiere party.  Sonja and Lu look good.  Ramona looks awkward as hell.  

Carole looks meh. Not feeling Dorinda's outfit but gotta admit her figure is on point!

http://www.realitytea.com/2017/04/05/hot-photos-real-housewives-new-york-city-premiere-party-nyc/#/slide/13

Moaner, Lu and Carole all look pulled too tight. Lu has the Joker grimace. Moaner better be careful -- she gets those eyes yanked back anymore and ...

Joan-Rivers.jpg

• Love 1
4 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I am troubled that Kristen thinks POC stands for piece of sh*t.  

I thought Kristen clarified a paragraph later that she was referring to "piece of crap."

I'm still tickled that Sheree invited the writer to lunch, but asked the writer to pay for parking. How magnanimous.

• Love 5