Type keyword(s) to search

RHoBH in the Media

• Start Topic

On 9/6/2020 at 7:29 PM, Jextella said:

If you watch MDLLA, the Brits are very polished, professional, and fun to watch as they navigate through LA real estate, while also being devoted husbands, fathers, and truly lifelong best friends.  

They are certainly the favorites at my house and if it was just the Altmans and Tracy, I probably would drop this show as well.  

• Love 4
On 9/7/2020 at 10:16 AM, Kiki777 said:

IMO she showed her true, trashy self way back in Season 1 in the limo when she called out Kim for her alcoholism.  I don’t even like Kim and my heart broke for her, that her sibling would spitefully spew that out on camera to get her ‘moment’ on reality TV.

We can always agree to disagree, but if you have a spiteful alcoholic sibling it's just going to happen anyway.  Trust me - if Kim didn't actually want to be there, embarrassing herself and her family, she wouldn't have been.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
36 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

Denise Richards Leaving 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' (EXCLUSIVE)

Not at all surprising, but good for her. 

F*ck 'em! 

F 'em all. I'm done with this franchise unless the get rid of the three b*tches, so I hope they bring back Brandi, and like the viper she is, she stings them all, but especially Kyle who insists Brandi is so truthful.

Just now, ShawnaLanne said:

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 13

I wasn’t planning on watching next season anyway, so, this really doesn’t impact me, but, I do see it as another nail in the coffin for this show.  Andy and  Bravo burned down their own house. Such twits. 

I was considering watching The Housewives of Salt Lake City.  I wonder if they are Mormon and therefore don’t drink alcohol.  That sounds amusing. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 11

I don't blame Denise for leaving.  I would have left months ago.

Today on Andy's radio show, he was talking about adding Kris Jenner and Kathy Hilton to the show.  He seemed excited about the idea.  Every caller to the show (ok, there was only 5) said it was a horrible idea.

Count me in the "horrible idea" camp.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, Lady Lucy said:

Today on Andy's radio show, he was talking about adding Kris Jenner and Kathy Hilton to the show.  He seemed excited about the idea.  Every caller to the show (ok, there was only 5) said it was a horrible idea.

Count me in too!

• Love 6
On 9/7/2020 at 9:16 AM, Kiki777 said:

IMO she showed her true, trashy self way back in Season 1 in the limo when she called out Kim for her alcoholism.  I don’t even like Kim and my heart broke for her, that her sibling would spitefully spew that out on camera to get her ‘moment’ on reality TV.

I think Kim and Kyle are oil and water and they will never see things eye-to-eye.  They are just too different. 

I don't think Kyle meant to put it all out there the way she did in that scene. I think she and Kim weren't in a good place, and she was so frustrated that she lost control. 

Having said that, I do not like how Kyle speaks to Kim which to a large degree contributes to Kim's continued issues.  The ball is in Kim's court, but sometimes it's hard for a person to see that much less make changes.

On 9/8/2020 at 10:50 PM, princelina said:

We can always agree to disagree, but if you have a spiteful alcoholic sibling it's just going to happen anyway.  Trust me - if Kim didn't actually want to be there, embarrassing herself and her family, she wouldn't have been.

Agree to disagree is right.

I will NEVER understand shading people with addictions, the expectation that getting better is as easy as snapping ones fingers, and assuming that that they want to be an addict.  I put Kyle in this camp.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I think Kim and Kyle are oil and water and they will never see things eye-to-eye.  They are just too different. 

I don't think Kyle meant to put it all out there the way she did in that scene. I think she and Kim weren't in a good place and she was so frustrated that she lost control. 

Having said that, I do not like how Kyle speaks to Kim and to a large degree contributes to Kim's continued issues.  The ball is in Kim's court but sometimes it's hard to see that much less make changes.

Agree to disagree is right.

I will NEVER understand shading people with addictions, the expectation that getting better is as easy as snapping ones fingers, and assuming that that they want to be an addict.  I put Kyle in this camp.

I agree with the bolded part above.  And it's not about shading people with addictions, or expecting them to get better in a flash.  It's more frustration that they just continue to ruin things over and over, never seem to learn anything, don't apologize, and then the people for whom they ruin things often won't say anything so if you as the sibling try to have a private talk with them they just act like you're the asshole.  I just had to warn the bride for an upcoming family wedding (the groom is actually our relative) that my sibling has done something to upset people at the last 3 family weddings so she might as well expect it and if nothing happens that will be an extra treat for them.  I also said something to my sibling about what happened at the last family wedding, and was treated to lofty and condescending tones and bad attitude.  Like I said, it's just frustrating.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I won't miss Denise but I also think it is the right choice for her to leave. She obviously isn't really cut out for this kind of a reality television show and it was clearly not an enjoyable experience for her. I wish her well. 

The thing is, Denise was just fine in her first season, As was Aaron for the most part. Even Garcelle said in last week's reunion episode that she thought Denise was trying to change her image this season. They were both very odd this year, with their insistence that they were being followed due to Aaron's business, the tension between the two of them (Aaron threatening to crush Denise's hand), and Denise saying in Rome as kind of an aside remark that she was under a lot of pressure. Since she is in ongoing (still) disputes with Charlie over money, I don't necessarily think that Denise is leaving because she wants to. I think she needs the money, but that she burned her bridges with Andy and production. In any case though I won't miss Denise 2.0. I did miss Denise 1.0 this season.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
57 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

The only way this pattern will become amusing is if Bravo stops adding new cast members, so they can only turn on each other.  

If any of these women had half a brain, they would realize that Rinna is the most obvious target to take out. And Rinna's insane so it would be wild to watch her try to combat that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, princelina said:

I agree with the bolded part above.  And it's not about shading people with addictions, or expecting them to get better in a flash.  It's more frustration that they just continue to ruin things over and over, never seem to learn anything, don't apologize, and then the people for whom they ruin things often won't say anything so if you as the sibling try to have a private talk with them they just act like you're the asshole.  I just had to warn the bride for an upcoming family wedding (the groom is actually our relative) that my sibling has done something to upset people at the last 3 family weddings so she might as well expect it and if nothing happens that will be an extra treat for them.  I also said something to my sibling about what happened at the last family wedding, and was treated to lofty and condescending tones and bad attitude.  Like I said, it's just frustrating.

I agree with a lot of this, but, just wanted to add that for Kyle to have been surrounded by so many with addictions, why hasn't she obtained substance abuse education? When my brother went into rehab, the family was invited to attend classes so we could learn how it works and stop enabling.  She seems clueless about addiction, enabling, denial and has defended and enabled Kim for years.  How the hey can you be that ignorant about addiction when it's a part of your life?  Certainly, she has the means to get it.  And, when Kim's dog attacked and injured multiple people, Kyle defended it!  Kyle is just as pathological as Kim, imo.  Ok.  Vent over.  lol  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, Lady Lucy said:

I saw an article yesterday speculating about Kris Jenner.  Ugh.  No thank you.  Listen to us Bravo gods.  No Jenners/Kardashians please.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I agree with a lot of this, but, just wanted to add that for Kyle to have been surrounded by so many with addictions, why hasn't she obtained substance abuse education? When my brother went into rehab, the family was invited to attend classes so we could learn how it works and stop enabling.  She seems clueless about addiction, enabling, denial and has defended and enabled Kim for years.  How the hey can you be that ignorant about addiction when it's a part of your life?  Certainly, she has the means to get it.  And, when Kim's dog attacked and injured multiple people, Kyle defended it!  Kyle is just as pathological as Kim, imo.  Ok.  Vent over.  lol  

Because for Kyle to do the work to help understand Kim's addiction she would have to face up to the fact that Big Kathy was a shitty mom.  Kyle would rather live in denial and believe that Kim's issues are Kim's issues that have nothing to do with how they were raised.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

8 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Because for Kyle to do the work to help understand Kim's addiction she would have to face up to the fact that Big Kathy was a shitty mom.  Kyle would rather live in denial and believe that Kim's issues are Kim's issues that have nothing to do with how they were raised.  

Yes!

I've always wondered about this. If Kyle cares so much about Kim, why in the world does she not read a book or visit therapist to better understand Kim? 

I get that loved ones doing "work" is a burden they didn't ask for, but if they truly wanted to help, they would take the time to understand where the addict is coming from and what they, as loved ones, can do to help.  Even if that means disassociating with the addict.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Kyle has ever acknowledged that she has taken any steps to do this.

I agree that this is in part because she would have to face up to the idea that Kim may not think as highly as their mom as she does.  I also think its because Kyle is very controlling. Things have to be her way or not at all where Kim is concerned.  She invalidates/dismisses Kim constantly.

I dont' necessarily mind Kyle in other ways, but this aspect of her personality makes her kind of unappealing as a person  - and I think it is very harmful to Kim.

On the flip side, I've always wondered if Kim has ever discussed her relationship with Kyle with a therapist.  I think it would be helpful for Kim to learn more about Kyle's skewed way of thinking and how best to deal with it (even if that means dissociating with her). 

These two are polar opposites in how they view the world but they both have similar issues.

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Now that Denise is gone, the Bitches of Encino are going to have to find someone else to pick on. I guess it’s too much to hope that they get rid of all of them.

If this season is an indication, it will be Dorit, since she was the least offensive (IMO) of the old crew. Garcelle will be gone. Not sure about sutton. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It's a great question and a discussion you should have with my mom - she thinks she's so educated about addiction (and don't try to tell her anything or you will get your head ripped off!) and she's also the queen of enabling everyone she can find with an addiction.  They don't have to be related to us, they just have to talk to her big-eyed about how they are trying.  Because she's sure that she will fix them.  After 2 decades of trying to get her to see sense, I just now refuse to discuss the addicts in our family with her and hear about her nonsense from my sister 😄   I suspect that part of the reason Kyle has enabled Kim for years was that someone had to make sure the kids were all right. Then it became a habit.  She probably got used to the one being in control and solving the problems (my mom's own addiction!). Then making changes about how you deal with someone is hard and it's easier to fall into old patterns.  I'm not saying either of them are healthy, just that I understand where Kyle was coming from in the limo.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Kyle needs Alanon.

According to this, rumor is Brandi is trying to get Heather Locklear on next season as a friend. The LAST thing Heather needs is to go on this show. No one with substance abuse issues should be on these HW shows. 

TexasGal, I agree. Please tell me the Kris Jenner rumor isn't true! Another reason not to watch next season. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

https://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/teddi-mellencamp-arroyave-kyle-richards-daughters-go-to-aspen

“The friends took a girls’ trip to Kyle’s home in Aspen, Colorado with their daughters, Slate and Portia, and it looks like all four are having an absolute blast between homework sessions.”

kyle-richards-teddie-mellencamp-vacation

imo this friendship is one of the most normal things happening with the rhobh cast - the others seem worried about getting enough attention.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, nexxie said:

The friends took a girls’ trip to Kyle’s home in Aspen, Colorado with their daughters, Slate and Portia

The moms are home schooling their kids?  I'm just going to let this sink in a little bit.  Hmm.  Poor kids.

• LOL 12
5 minutes ago, albarino said:

The moms are home schooling their kids?  I'm just going to let this sink in a little bit.  Hmm.  Poor kids.

The kids are remote learning, but the moms aren’t the teachers. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

If this season is an indication, it will be Dorit, since she was the least offensive (IMO) of the old crew. Garcelle will be gone. Not sure about sutton. 

Sadly, I could see this happening too. The most nice, least offensive person is always seen as the easiest target. And Kyle jumps at every opportunity to have a go at her. 

4 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Kyle needs Alanon.

According to this, rumor is Brandi is trying to get Heather Locklear on next season as a friend. The LAST thing Heather needs is to go on this show. No one with substance abuse issues should be on these HW shows. 

TexasGal, I agree. Please tell me the Kris Jenner rumor isn't true! Another reason not to watch next season. 

I agree, Heather needs to stay far away from this show. The women would probably be nice to her for a season, maybe use her to kick Denise even more while she's down, and then they'd be done with Heather, especially if she draws more attention due to her fame or whatever. They'd say anything painful or traumatic in her life is fair game because she has to speak "her truth" and share about what's going on in her life. 

• Love 9
On 9/9/2020 at 7:29 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Well the girls succeeded in running off ANOTHER cast mate.... if Rinna comes back next season I’m done with the show 

The funny thing is, I don't really like Denise much this season. Before the Beverly Hills Bitches started in on her she was burying herself. She was closed off, rude to castmates and serving people. If they'd let it develop organically, instead of trying to script a story, Denise would not have looked good this year.

But noooooooo they just had to be creepy screechy bullies who like to slut shame children and try to start a homophobic backlash.

I think the only one of the cast who might be gotten rid of is Teddi. Bravo clearly has their heads up their as**s about the cast.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 5

Something is definitely up with the PK and Dorit house situation. Why are they moving again? 

Here is one take on it. She starts explaining at around 3:10.

As someone posted, this is what Camille was alluding to at last year’s reunion. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Sadly, I could see this happening too. The most nice, least offensive person is always seen as the easiest target. And Kyle jumps at every opportunity to have a go at her. 

I agree, Heather needs to stay far away from this show. The women would probably be nice to her for a season, maybe use her to kick Denise even more while she's down, and then they'd be done with Heather, especially if she draws more attention due to her fame or whatever. They'd say anything painful or traumatic in her life is fair game because she has to speak "her truth" and share about what's going on in her life. 

Let's bring in Nicolette Sheridan. Rinna would love it!

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Where does Rinna live? Because sadly, the bitch will be back. 

Rinna does live in a dated house in Beverly Hills and I’m sure she will be back slinging it probably at Dorit next season 🙁

• Love 3

Teddi's response to Denise leaving the show (from an online US Magazine article I just found this evening):

The accountability coach wrote on her Instagram Stories on Thursday, September 10, that she was “not surprised” about Denise’s departure. “I don’t know when and why the decision was made but anytime one person wants to be the ‘star’ of a show and control how they are portrayed when it’s about showing the truth as an ensemble it doesn’t end well,” she wrote.

Fuck off, Teddi.

She doesn't even know how fucking stupid she sounds. 

Looks like they're all quite jealous - not that we didn't know that already.

Edited by Bridget
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20
9 hours ago, Bridget said:

Teddi's response to Denise leaving the show (from an online US Magazine article I just found this evening):

The accountability coach wrote on her Instagram Stories on Thursday, September 10, that she was “not surprised” about Denise’s departure. “I don’t know when and why the decision was made but anytime one person wants to be the ‘star’ of a show and control how they are portrayed when it’s about showing the truth as an ensemble it doesn’t end well,” she wrote.

Fuck off, Teddi.

She doesn't even know how fucking stupid she sounds. 

Looks like they're all quite jealous - not that we didn't know that already.

Not okay for Denise, but perfectly fine for Kyle?

It actually did end well for Denise, stupid Teddi. The audience saw through the entire plot, and the truth is that not too many people sided with Teddi, Kyle or Rinna. You all ended up looking like assholes.

Denise got her happy ending.

• Love 21
On 9/10/2020 at 5:18 AM, BloggerAloud said:

If any of these women had half a brain, they would realize that Rinna is the most obvious target to take out. And Rinna's insane so it would be wild to watch her try to combat that.

This needs to just become a game show, like, the Hunger Games type of show. Who can stay in the pit of snakes without leaving? Who will 'win'?😄

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7