Type keyword(s) to search

RHoBH in the Media

• Start Topic

There's an article in Life & Style that the wedding was indeed filmed for Tutera's show.

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-taylor-armstrong-marries-john-bluher-in-bel-air-ceremony-see-the-pics-36861

Another version of how Taylor met her new husband:

“We were friends and we had met through a mutual friend, so we would see each other at dinner parties and socialized,” Taylor previously told Life & Style about how she met John.

“We just looked across the table at each other [at a business party] and all of the sudden I looked at her and she looked at me and I was like, ‘Okay, something’s happening here,’” John added.

First it was that he was a lawyer helping her with Russell's affairs.  Then it was he was helping her with her book tour.  Now, it's that they had mutual friend (Russell?  Snowflake?). None of her versions include the fact that he was married with children when they met and started 'dating'.

I really hope that Kennedy gets to live life off the camera.  She so didn't want to be filmed.

• Love 2

Reality Tea (sorry, don't know how to link)  is reporting that producers are begging Lisa to come back but she's on the fence for reasons other than money while Yo, Brandi, Kyle and Kim are holding out for raises. They also reported that Carlton and Joyce will not be asked back.

An excerpt from the above-linked article:

Meanwhile, rumours also abound that former original housewife Camille Grammer is vying to return - for the right price, of course - after being downgraded to a recurring castmember during season three prior to bowing out of the show altogether.

I've read that "rumor" several times over the past few days.  I'm hoping it's true if for no other reason than to drool over Camille's fashion choices.  

I've had enough of Lisa's pink frocks and Kyle's caftans to last a lifetime.  

• Love 2
Her long blonde tresses were worn in an unfortunate lank style with greasy roots, though her make-up was perfectly applied, with kohl-rimmed eyes and glossy bronze lips to match her defined cheekbones.

I was just going to say Brandi looked like crap but the usually treacle Mail-Online slammed her too, well at least her hair. Her extensions were unforgivably bad. She's to thin too and I'll bet its helping to ruin her hair. Lack of proper solid nutrition no doubt.

• Love 1

Pics of Brandi filming with new housewife Christine Chiu. She is the first Asian housewife. Glad they are keeping it diverse in the wake of Joyce's firing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2650915/New-RHOBH-castmember-Christine-Chiu-films-scenes-Brandi-Glanville-following-season-five-cast-shake-up.html

Those lace-up stilettos make her legs look really short and a little dumpy. Meow. 

Pics of Brandi filming with new housewife Christine Chiu. She is the first Asian housewife. Glad they are keeping it diverse in the wake of Joyce's firing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2650915/New-RHOBH-castmember-Christine-Chiu-films-scenes-Brandi-Glanville-following-season-five-cast-shake-up.html

I would like to see Camille return. 

• Love 1

Christine would be the first "fully" Asian housewife for BH but there was LIsa Wu (half Chinese) from the first two seasons of Real Housewives of Atlanta. Interesting that it seems like BH swapped out one woman of color for another. Yep, I shaid what I shaid.[/NeNe] I hope she can hold her own with the likes of Yo and Trashbox, whose hair looks a hot mess. I may be in the minority* but B's body and legs are not all that.

I liked Camille, her fashion and her homes but if she's going to be on her Season 2 Camille-bot status I'd be content with her remaining just a "friend."

(*feels so good to say that without being reprimanded)

• Love 1

Did anyone see the preview of Eddie and Leann up on VH1's site?

Yeah, looks like Brandi isn't the only one who won't STFU about the divorce and her ex.  Brandi was mentioned no less than 3 times in the span of a 2 1/2 minute preview.  These people....

I am sorry but I am not into her and her new age pill for staying young.  Just face it and age gracefully Suzanne.  There is something plumping up her face, and I don't think it is natural.

• Love 1

Isn't Suzanne a little long in the tooth for this show? I don't think they want to do "Golden Girls of Beverly Hills". I thought women in their 50's, assuming they are pretty well preserved like Lisa, was about as old as they would go. It does seem like she is at least mid level crazy tough, so she may be a good fit on that criteria.

I have never liked her though, even way back in her Three's company days, but as of right now I am pretty sure I cannot take another season of the Skank anyway, so really, who cares? 

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't care for Suzanne and think she would be terribly miscast on this show.  She was on "Three's Company" in a role that required little more than T & A.  As far as show business is concerned, she's been out of the spotlight since back in the Dark Ages.  Furthermore, she's given a gazillion TV and print interviews about her home in Palm Springs, so placing her in the Hills of Beverly would be quite a stretch.  It seems unkind to call her old and dumpy these days, but that was my impression from her spot on one episode.  I just can't see her fitting in with the glam girls.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 1

It looks like filming for season five has begun, per Kyle's tweet: "Back in the saddle .... #RHOBH."

The Suzanne Somers bit is interesting because they did have her on the show a couple seasons ago, if I'm recalling correctly. It was a one-off scene where Lisa and Kyle sat down with her and she hawked some such thing or another without trying to look like she was hawking the thing (though she totally was hawking the thing).

She and Yolanda would probably hit it off, talking about cleanses and shit like that. She'd give Brandi a hard time for all the drinking and debauchery. LOL

According to Yo, she and Suzanne are very good friends.  Yo was the one who invited her over to share some of her anti-aging techniques when Kyle and Lisa came to lunch. 

Anyone know how to verify whether there is truth to this rumor that Adrienne and Camille will be back in some kind of capacity? The article claims they shot scenes at Kyle's White Party - but isn't that usually later in the year? Sounds like the kind of thing that could be completely bogus, but also could be interesting if true.

The White Party was traditionally part of Mauricio's birthday celebration according to Kyle.  And Mauricio's bday was last week, so who knows.  I am sure Kyle made a point of inviting Adrienne just to prove that they don't dump friends once they have sold their homes!  I bet Camille is back on as a friend of.  She has been in a bunch of instagram photos with various HWs in the past few weeks.

I think it'd be the perfect time for Adrienne to come back, as long as she does something. 

It'd be harder for the show to fall into two camps with her around, since at least last time she was on she didn't seem to be friendly with Lisa or Brandi, who are probably the central feud at this point.  Maybe she'd come in and create this third leg in a hate triangle, which would be kinda fresh...in a way.

I wonder when we will get reports about what is going on with Lisa and Brandi. Even though I don't like either of them, I am kind of interested to see whether their friendship will be repaired. They are that rare Housewives duo that seemed to be legitimately friends off the cameras, so I will be curious whether old feelings of fondness melt away some of the damage done last year.

Lisa and Brandi?  I think they're pretty much done.  Lisa holds grudges and Brandi will forever pay the brunt of it.

Carlton and Joyce 2 of the worse casting choices in Housewives.

I would love to see Adrienne and Camille back.  There's an obvious history there that worked.

• Love 2

Gah, I was beyond sick of both Adrienne and Camille when they left, they could not go fast enough for me. I guess I would be okay with Camille but I don't need anymore of Adrienne uber-tackiness. She's as gross as Brandi to me.

(edited)

Gah, I was beyond sick of both Adrienne and Camille when they left, they could not go fast enough for me. I guess I would be okay with Camille but I don't need anymore of Adrienne uber-tackiness. She's as gross as Brandi to me.

Eh, a little uber-tackiness doesn't bother me on any of the ho-wives franchises. I just want to see uber amounts of wealth. Especially on Beverly Hills.

Edited by KicksandGiggles
  • Love 1
(edited)

Adrienne and Camille were my Season 1 favorites so I'm happy.  Still amazed Adrienne was painted as the villain in the Brandi feud, even after the truth came out.

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Love 2

I would rather see two new replacements than watch Camille or Adrienne.  I believe this show needs some new blood badly.  Having those two back would make BRAVO seem desperate, IMO.  Adrienne did one thing after another to  prove that she is little more than trash with money.  As for Camille, she really has very little to offer in regards to a story.  Now that her Greek boyfriend is history, I think she just wants some camera time so that people won't forget her.  Both of them would bore me.  Ideally, I would like to see them hire someone who could take Brandi down a few pegs.  A couple of new people would keep me watching.  Camille, Adrienne and Taylor are yesterday's news to me.  Boring!

• Love 3

From the link above

Brandi accused Adrienne of attempting to use her to get famous, and get back on the show,” according to the insider

According to the insider aka Brandi. Um, Adrienne was already famous and on the show before you.

I wouldn't mind seeing Adrienne back just because it would make Brandi angry. Adrienne has a new life, with a new man and her delusions of a Maloof Hoof empire for her storyline.

She got a raw deal during the surrogacy/lawsuit lie. Bravo tricked me when they kept airing the "that's a lawsuit" clip and I completely believed that she was suing Brandi behind the scenes. Adrienne knew Brandi was a loose cannon looking to stir drama without any respect for boundaries and bounced. She never defended herself until it was too late and that allowed Brandi to set the narrative.

• Love 1

The source is Radar Online which normally makes me raise an eyebrow but...Well, I've certainly never seen Lisa Rinna at a previous White Party so...

Lisa Rinna hasn’t even signed a deal to join The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, but RadarOnline.com has learned she’s already stirring up tensions within the cast: Bad girl Brandi Glanville’s claws are already out, according to an insider, because she is “jealous” of her potential new castmate!  The ladies first crossed paths at Kyle Richard‘s White Party last weekend, as Radar has reported, where Harry Hamlin’s wife Rinna made her first trial run in front of the Bravo cameras.  “Lisa had a very good time at and thinks being a part of the show could be really fun,” an insider told Radar.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.  

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/07/brandi-glanville-jealous-lisa-rinna-rhobh-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/

(edited)

Please, please, please make it happen! Lisa could take down Brandi with one raised eyebrow.

Well, and I'm one of those odd ducks that just loves Lisa Rinna for some reason.  I never even watched her soap opera but everything I have seen her on and interviews I've read, she just seems like a really down-to-earth person (as does Harry) and I love her self-deprecating sense of humor and the way she can totally snark on herself.  Not to mention she pissed off Star Jones enough after Celebrity Apprentice to where Star allegedly had a "cyst and decease" (TY, Tamra Barney for that jewel) served on her.

I even watched the reality show Harry Loves Lisa and still couldn't bring myself to love to hate them.  I was somewhat disappointed in myself, because I found that I just liked them.  They seemed "normal," for lack of a better word.  

I'd love to see Lisa join the show and see more of her and her life with Harry and her clothing line.  I think the Hamlins are a perfectly lovely family.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 3

Lisa would be a great addition to the show, I think. She seems really nice and I think she would be fun to watch. I think she has her own store and she always seems busy in some TV show.

• Love 2

Lisa Rinna would be awesome. Add my name to the small list of folks who would love to see Adrienne come back. For me, Lisa V lost her luster during the whole fake lawsuit deal. I can never look at her the same because of it. There is simply no way anyone will ever convince me that she didn't know Brandi was lying about the lawsuit when she was backing her up. She knows she fucked up there big time, IMO. Adrienne coming back could be a great story for Lisa. They have both been betrayed by Brandi and understand what she is capable of. They could be a powerful force against Brandi, and it could be a redemptive moment for Lisa if she apologized at all for taking Brandi's side. Heck, I might even start to like Lisa again.

The Daily Mail/Fail had pics of Adrienne and Brandi hugging after having lunch. So there goes that dream. I forgot that Brandi will blame all of her actions towards Adrienne on Lisa.

I bet this is going to be the "redemption" season for Brandi. Bravo can miss me with that bs.

Lisa Rinna would be awesome. Add my name to the small list of folks who would love to see Adrienne come back. For me, Lisa V lost her luster during the whole fake lawsuit deal. I can never look at her the same because of it. There is simply no way anyone will ever convince me that she didn't know Brandi was lying about the lawsuit when she was backing her up. She knows she fucked up there big time, IMO. Adrienne coming back could be a great story for Lisa. They have both been betrayed by Brandi and understand what she is capable of. They could be a powerful force against Brandi, and it could be a redemptive moment for Lisa if she apologized at all for taking Brandi's side. Heck, I might even start to like Lisa again.

I don't think it's a small list.  I think whoever makes firing/hiring decisions is learning that the Real Housewives franchises aren't going to automatically be successful regardless of who is on them.  Some of the original cast members and certain combinations of cast members can make or break the ratings.

I still like Lisa V. and she is the reason I am still watching. I would love to see Lisa R added to the cast as well as having Adrienne coming back. I would also like to see Lisa apologize for taking Brandi's side, but I also want Adrienne to apologize for saying Lisa V. sells stories. I think she knew it was a lie when she said it. I don't think either issue is a deal breaker for a friendship between Lisa V. and Adrienne.

I would love to see Brandi and Yolanda out on their own this season.

• Love 1

I still like Lisa V. and she is the reason I am still watching. I would love to see Lisa R added to the cast as well as having Adrienne coming back. I would also like to see Lisa apologize for taking Brandi's side, but I also want Adrienne to apologize for saying Lisa V. sells stories. I think she knew it was a lie when she said it. I don't think either issue is a deal breaker for a friendship between Lisa V. and Adrienne.

I would love to see Brandi and Yolanda out on their own this season.

I never thought that Adrienne did believe it was a lie about Lisa selling the stories. I have always believed that she thought it was just a well-known fact (I completely believe it and have no idea why it is such a big deal).  Both Taylor and Camille had made similar accusations.  Isn't one of her closest friends the editor of one of the rags? I just think that everyone believed that Lisa was paid for information, while not exactly with cash, but maybe by nice mentions of her restaurant, and perhaps by not doing trash stories about her or lurking around outside of her restaurants for juicy gossip on the patrons. She could be compensated in some manner without any cash at all changing hands. She probably had more of an "arrangement" with the rags. I think they all believe that Lisa was doing this, and I think that Kyle for sure KNEW that Lisa was doing it. Adrienne never said it like it was a huge nasty allegation; she just stated it in a sentence like it was no big thing.  I think that the fact that Lisa became so offended and urgent in her denial hit Adrienne hard and I don't think she expected it. I think she was embarrassed and realized that perhaps she had it all slightly wrong and that she looked like a fool. She apologized immediately, which you rarely ever see any of the HW's do on these shows.  

• Love 1

I've always liked Lisa but she has finally lost her luster for me this past season. She now sadly just seems old and tired. I'm only reluctantly interested to see the return of BH wives and I while on one hand I wish the franchise did it more often I was disappointed with the return of OC Laurie. That was just painfully dumb and transparently production driven so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Adrienne, Camille and Taylor can bring something fresh and real this season. If its only updates of their lives that's just fine with me and as long as its not fake drama I'm in. I'd actually like real proof that Lisa sold (or traded) stories and got good press because of it because it would make her more interesting and at least it wouldn't be a fake threesome during a business trip like OC Laurie tried to pitch. It really bears repeating, boy was that dumb. Stop, just stop Bravo with such nonsense because its painful to watch and insulting to your viewers.

• Love 1

I never thought that Adrienne did believe it was a lie about Lisa selling the stories. I have always believed that she thought it was just a well-known fact (I completely believe it and have no idea why it is such a big deal).  Both Taylor and Camille had made similar accusations.  Isn't one of her closest friends the editor of one of the rags? I just think that everyone believed that Lisa was paid for information, while not exactly with cash, but maybe by nice mentions of her restaurant, and perhaps by not doing trash stories about her or lurking around outside of her restaurants for juicy gossip on the patrons. She could be compensated in some manner without any cash at all changing hands. She probably had more of an "arrangement" with the rags. I think they all believe that Lisa was doing this, and I think that Kyle for sure KNEW that Lisa was doing it. Adrienne never said it like it was a huge nasty allegation; she just stated it in a sentence like it was no big thing.  I think that the fact that Lisa became so offended and urgent in her denial hit Adrienne hard and I don't think she expected it. I think she was embarrassed and realized that perhaps she had it all slightly wrong and that she looked like a fool. She apologized immediately, which you rarely ever see any of the HW's do on these shows.  

I disagree. Adrienne apologized when the word Slander was mentioned, not before. I also noticed that a lot of the stories that were leaked where leaked by Adrienne's Chef, Bernie. Makes you wonder who was really behind the story, him or his boss.

• Love 4

Apparently it's official now...

http://okmagazine.com/get-scoop/guess-which-actress-is-joining-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills hit a bit of a casting snag with newbies Carlton Gebbia and Joyce Giraud last season. Neither lady brought the drama the series loves, and word is that both have been dumped. But who will take their place? For one, Lisa Rinna!

OK! News: Solange gives her first interview since the famous elevator fight!

Radar Online reports that actress Lisa Rinna has signed on the fifth season of RHOBH. You may know the actress from Melrose Place and her own previous reality show, Harry Loves Lisa, about her relationship with husband Harry Hamlin. She was apparently deciding between a role on RHOBH and The View, and has leaned toward Bravo.

There are other reports out there I saw that also indicate she has indeed signed, so maybe ROL made the correct call on this one.

Okay, while I admit I was meh about the upcoming season, I'm now a little bit excited about Lisa Rinna joining up and looking forward to it.  Woot!  

• Love 2