Type keyword(s) to search

Lisa Rinna: These are the Lips of her Life

• Start Topic

On 11/3/2021 at 10:44 AM, babykin said:

I have a lot of sympathy for Delilah. But she is also saying things that just aren’t correct and also sort of blaming it on getting vaccinated. She said she got the 2nd shot and now she has anxiety, OCD, Cibo (?), brain swelling, Lyme, PANDAS flare up, Epstein Barr…..am I missing anything? 

She is screaming for help and I totally agree Rinna and Harry should take time off and help their daughters. 

I do know someone who had an underlying *autoimmune disease she wasn't aware of get triggered by the vaccine.  I cannot remember the name but it involves really painful lesions on the body.  I don't think that is Delilah's issue.  Hers are mommy based.  Maybe Lisa should hang up her shit stirring hat and own it.  Own she has been a terrible mother and fucked up her girls.

*Pemphigus Foliacaus is the autoimmune disease

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I forget: that scene during which they are barbecuing and trying to persuade Amelia to eat more, did Harry say to Rinna, “This is your fault”?

I remember this scene too. He wasn't saying it to be funny either.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
16 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I cannot remember the name but it involves really painful lesions on the body

Stevens-Johnson syndrome??

Vaccines are also known to trigger Guillain-Barré syndrome in some individuals.

But these reactions are very, very, very, very, very, veryvery rare.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 11/6/2021 at 9:51 AM, Maximona said:

My grandson suffered from that after his first MMR vaccine. Now he has much smaller doses with more time in between them not to trigger it again. He spent 10 days in the hospital paralyzed. He’s fine now, but getting this vaccine isn’t a priority for his Mother. She’s scared of this happening again. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 4
On 11/2/2021 at 6:26 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Rinna should quit RHoBH and take care of her daughter.

Are you kidding? This is Rinna's storyline next season and her redemption arc! She's probably busy storyboarding it as we speak.

All kidding aside if Rinna was my mother, I would want her to NOT take care of me. Delilah's issues are probably mostly to blame for how she was raised and conditioned by her crazy mother. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
23 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I do know someone who had an underlying autoimmune disease she wasn't aware of get triggered by the vaccine.  I cannot remember the name but it involves really painful lesions on the body.  I don't think that is Delilah's issue.  Hers are mommy based.  Maybe Lisa should hang up her shit stirring hat and own it.  Own she has been a terrible mother and fucked up her girls.

Shingles?  I have a friend who had them in January of 2020, then got them again right after her vaccine - can't remember if it was her first or second dose.  I never found Lisa's daughters to be really likable, but I do feel sorry for them.

• Love 10
On 11/5/2021 at 5:39 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I forget: that scene during which they are barbecuing and trying to persuade Amelia to eat more, did Harry say to Rinna, “This is your fault”?

Harry was not joking. And didn’t Amelia flip Harry off behind his back? Delilah looked shocked, which was a bigger reaction than Rinna’s. Amelia has always struck me as a spoiled, mouthy brat.

Speaking of Harry…I came across a documentary on TCM Saturday night about homosexuality in the movies, and I had totally forgotten that Harry was in an early ‘80s flick called “Making Love,” which was very explicit and very controversial for its time. The documentary was made in 1996 and he was interviewed. Still quite L.A. Law handsome then. 

• Love 12
On 11/4/2021 at 5:47 PM, princelina said:

I remember talking about this at the time - I think the apartment would be more stressful.  When you're 18 part of the fun of college is living with the group, making new friends, ordering pizza late night, stumbling home drunk together, whatever.  Going to classes and then off to your luxury high rise alone?  Except when you have a "modeling" gig?  Sounds lonely and frightening to me.  Lots of time to navel gaze and focus on your anxieties until they're way out of proportion.

I 100% agree with you.  College was a blast for me and my friends but that was back in the late 80's so no social media to screw with our heads.  I just don't know how kids do it these days.  I have two 20 something year old nieces and they are constantly on their phones.  It's sad.  Rinna's daughters are in need of serious help.

• Love 12
14 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

That hag is just pleased as punch over more publicity, no doubt. They need to divorce her as a parent and write a tell all. She totally damaged those girls while Harry just sat there stirring his sauce….

I truly think Rinna sees herself in competition with those girls — she’s not necessarily reliving her youth through them, or wants them to succeed at something they truly love doing. She hates the fact that time is marching on, and maybe she has some “woulda, coulda, shouldas” about her 20s and 30s. Regardless…you don’t treat your children that way. 

She makes spectacles of herself in public, posts Instas that make most of us blush…if the kids already have issues, that is not the way to help them. 

Self-centered, egotistical Rinna needs to grow up before she screws up those girls permanently, if she hasn’t already.

And Harry…it’s so clear he’s checked out, which makes this even more sad.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Unpopular opinion, but I don't think Rinna is in competition with the girls. I've known moms like that, and they typically don't want their daughters to do anything that results in attention (being on TV, modeling, revealing clothes). Rinna seems to egg that all on. 

Much as I'm not a Rinna fan, she also did accomplish a lot in her 20s and 30s. She made it on her own accord in Hollywood. She's not like a Big Kathy who feels like she missed out and wanted to live vicariously through her kids. 

Now one thing I do think regarding her age and her behavior, which is something Kathryn Edwards said that rings true to me, Rinna is probably aware this gig could be the last thing she'll have where she's on a hit show and makes good money. So she's enjoying the attention and the money for as long as she can have it, even if it means not being the nice person she is said to be off camera and destroying friendships. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 11/6/2021 at 6:51 AM, Maximona said:

Stevens-Johnson syndrome??

But these reactions are very, very, very, very, very, veryvery rare.

I don't remember the name but I will ask her.  SUPER rare.  Everyone else I know that has had the vaccine has been fine.

On 11/6/2021 at 1:54 PM, princelina said:

Shingles?  I have a friend who had them in January of 2020, then got them again right after her vaccine - can't remember if it was her first or second dose.  I never found Lisa's daughters to be really likable, but I do feel sorry for them.

Nope.  Just found the text.  Pemphigus Foliaceus.  Mainly her torso is affected.  Her lesions seem to come back when she is going through stress.  

• Useful 4

Extremely late with this, but I just remembered that propranolol is also used in the treatment of migraines! My doc wanted to use Botox, and the insurance said they need to try propranolol first. (Just saw my doc today and it spurred the memory. I hate that ins co's have such a say in what my doctors prescribe.)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Extremely late with this, but I just remembered that propranolol is also used in the treatment of migraines! My doc wanted to use Botox, and the insurance said they need to try propranolol first. (Just saw my doc today and it spurred the memory. I hate that ins co's have such a say in what my doctors prescribe.)

I never knew that prophonol was used to treat migraines and anxiety. I work in a davanced heart failure clinic so that is one of the medicine we do prescribe our patients. Just so you  Baptist health system here in my city if you work for them the insurance will not cover birth control at all.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Read that Lois had a stroke, and according to Rinna is "transitioning." I always liked her. 

I saw that last night, very sad. I hope it's a peaceful journey for Lois and the people who love her find comfort in her incredible memories. She is a delight.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Read that Lois had a stroke, and according to Rinna is "transitioning." I always liked her. 

Here’s a story. https://people.com/tv/lisa-rinna-says-her-mom-lois-has-had-a-stroke-and-is-transitioning/

I am so, so sorry to hear this. No time is ever a good time to lose someone, but this time of year it’s especially cruel.

I wish Lois a safe, gentle passage, and comfort to Lisa, Harry, and the girls.

🕯️🙏

• Love 2

Having lost both my parents I understand grief.

However my shriveled dark heart is not really feeling anything for Rinna or her spawn.

As I recall when Rinna took the trip to see her mother several seasons ago with the two girls who insulted the "chubbies" they were seeing, Rinna had not seen her mother for several years.

When this occurred people were a bit stunned because Rinna has the financial means to easily afford plane fare even for a weekend. Many people can't visit their family often because they can't afford the expense.

And my shriveled dark heart says that grieving people should stay off social media - I suspect a story line for this season. 

• Love 22
14 hours ago, amarante said:

And my shriveled dark heart says that grieving people should stay off social media - I suspect a story line for this season. 

I always liked Lois. I agree, stay off SM, someone passing is a private thing, Rinna is exploiting this for a storyline next season. Not surprised since she’s always so thirsty. 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I always liked Lois. I agree, stay off SM, someone passing is a private thing, Rinna is exploiting this for a storyline next season. Not surprised since she’s always so thirsty. 

Totally agree. That thirst is so intense, she's also using this situation to gain sympathy from those who once tolerated her, and now can't even stand to look at her.

• Love 10
22 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Oh definitely this is not anything against Lois who always seemed to be a lovely woman - not dysfunctional or manipulative or wanting to be the spotlight like some other mothers of housewives.

Of course she did raise Rinna although I suspect that Rinna was always the bad seed. As I recall Rinna was the proverbial handful and fled small town life and - at least on the surface - her childhood was very normal - intact family - seemingly normal loving parents - middle class economic so no economic issues in the family etc. 

• Love 11

My brother and I have followed entertainment together for many years. We're amazed at how many celebrities are soulless assholes. Their innate, overactive egos drive them toward the limelight. Then money and power remove all of society's barriers to bad behavior. They just do whatever the hell they want, feeling smug and superior. (Rinna's "fatties.") The clever ones put on an act for the public.

The Rinnas of the world, while not top tier celebrities, become completely self-absorbed and selfish. There is no interior life, everything is superficial. I look at how they parade their children and parents in front of the cameras as just another PR exercise and money-making scheme.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 14
24 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

My brother and I have followed entertainment together for many years. We're amazed at how many celebrities are soulless assholes. Their innate, overactive egos drive them toward the limelight. Then money and power remove all of society's barriers to bad behavior. They just do whatever the hell they want, feeling smug and superior. (Rinna's "fatties.") The clever ones put on an act for the public.

The Rinnas of the world, while not top tier celebrities, become completely self-absorbed and selfish. There is no interior life, everything is superficial. I look at how they parade their children and parents in front of the cameras as just another PR exercise and money-making scheme.

I work in the "business" and there are a LOT of dysfunctional human beings - partly because even in the most well adjusted person has a hard time staying normal when their life is so abnormal and they are treated in a certain manner. There are "famous" people who work very hard to retain some element of normality and more importantly raise their children to be  healthy adults just as there are some very rich people who try to raise children who will lead meaningful lives as adults versus being trust fund wastrels.

However I differentiate between actors who have a passion and talent for acting like someone like Meryl Streep or Kate Winslet who studied and did not pursue acting with celebrity as being the end goal. These people attempt to live as normal a life as possible and at least in terms of someone like Streep have raised responsible children. 

Then there are people like Rinna who I lump as being the prettiest person in their town who pursued acting/modeling/whatever as a means to achieve celebrity and fame. Some of them are lucky like Rinna who won the "lottery" since there are thousands of equally attractive and "talented" people who never got the gold ring. 

• Love 24

I remember Drew Pinsky saying he studied narcissism in celebrities. (Ironic, given the turn his career has taken.)

In our discussions my brother and I thought of Streep as striving for normalcy and decency. We also thought of Jeff Bridges, Chris Cooper  (ADORE), Danny Glover, and some of the aging actresses (Sigourney, Holly H., Dame Helen, etc.). In current times, Viola, Kathryn Hahn, Laura Dern.

On a related note, we wondered if only Jodi Foster escaped damage from Hollywood's predation on children.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

I remember Drew Pinsky saying he studied narcissism in celebrities. (Ironic, given the turn his career has taken.)

In our discussions my brother and I thought of Streep as striving for normalcy and decency. We also thought of Jeff Bridges, Chris Cooper  (ADORE), Danny Glover, and some of the aging actresses (Sigourney, Holly H., Dame Helen, etc.). In current times, Viola, Lathryn Hahn, Laura Dern.

On a related note, we wondered if only Jodi Foster escaped damage from Hollywood's predation on children.

Jodi didn’t. My friend worked for her when she had a more active development company. Jodi was very scarred from the essentially exploitative relatinship she had with her mother and the pressures of being a child actress.

She has led a very productive life and  doesn’t have the same kind of obvious damage as other celebrities. She is also incredibly smart and talented which is quite a bit different from Judy Garland or the child sitcom stars who crash and burn spectacularly or someone like Britney Spears. I assume she has had a lot of good therapy and she certainly doesn’t crave any kind of celebrity and seems to have raised her children very well. 

ETA Judy Garland and Britney are both hugely talented but suffered from being child performers who were eXploited by family. Most child sitcom stars aren’t particularly talented and have a hard time when  become adults and are no longer cute so have no place in the business for the most part. 

Edited by amarante
  • Like 1
  • Useful 6
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, amarante said:

Jodi didn’t. My friend worked for her when she had a more active development company. Jodi was very scarred from the essentially exploitative relatinship she had with her mother and the pressures of being a child actress.

She has led a very productive life and  doesn’t have the same kind of obvious damage as other celebrities. She is also incredibly smart and talented which is quite a bit different from Judy Garland or the child sitcom stars who crash and burn spectacularly or someone like Britney Spears. I assume she has had a lot of good therapy and she certainly doesn’t crave any kind of celebrity and seems to have raised her children very well. 

ETA Judy Garland and Britney are both hugely talented but suffered from being child performers who were eXploited by family. Most child sitcom stars aren’t particularly talented and have a hard time when  become adults and are no longer cute so have no place in the business for the most part. 

This is a good point. Just because someone looks put together on the outside doesn't mean there isn't a ton of damage. I'Il leave it there to keep it on topic. :)

• Love 4
On 11/12/2021 at 8:10 PM, amarante said:

And my shriveled dark heart says that grieving people should stay off social media

They're damned if they do.  They're damned if they don't.  They're criticized if they say something or don't display elegance; they're criticized if they don't say something on social media.  I just think about how many times someone dies and we see "has so and so weighed in yet?"

I liked Lois.  I'm sad to hear that she had a stroke.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Door County Cherry said:

They're damned if they do.  They're damned if they don't.  They're criticized if they say something or don't display elegancy; they're criticized if they don't say something on social media.  I just think about how many times someone dies and we see "has so and so weighed in yet?"

I liked Lois.  I'm sad to hear that she had a stroke.  

Agree. That's why as much crap as I give Rinna, I don't want to judge her for how she handles this. I just find it all so sad. I liked Lois too. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Agree. That's why as much crap as I give Rinna, I don't want to judge her for how she handles this. I just find it all so sad. I liked Lois too. 

I may be misremembering, but I thought in an episode-I can't recall which season-Lisa said that her mom was a completely different person after the first stroke years ago; that Lois became nice. That made me wonder how she was when Lisa was young, if she was overly critical or something?
 To me, that made sense as to why Lisa seemed almost formal or like Lois was a friend, or a more distant relative, and may be why she hightailed away as soon as she could. (Oh my word, I can't believe I'm slightly defending Rinna) 

The last few clips and bits when we've seen them all together, they really seemed to enjoy each other, and I'm glad they'll have those memories. Lois seemed like a kick in the pants the last few years! Grief is so individual. I can't pick on anyone processing it they way they do.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
On 11/12/2021 at 9:10 PM, amarante said:

Having lost both my parents I understand grief.

However my shriveled dark heart is not really feeling anything for Rinna or her spawn.

As I recall when Rinna took the trip to see her mother several seasons ago with the two girls who insulted the "chubbies" they were seeing, Rinna had not seen her mother for several years.

When this occurred people were a bit stunned because Rinna has the financial means to easily afford plane fare even for a weekend. Many people can't visit their family often because they can't afford the expense.

If true, I hope it’s not along the lines of Vicki Gunvalson’s stages of grief.

I’m not going to try to fathom Rinna’s family dynamics anymore.

• Love 4

I guess I’m an awful person. I didn’t like or dislike Lois. She was just Rinna’s mom. 

I definitely feel bad that she lost her mom - it’s devastating. But why is this so big? “Lois” is trending on Twitter?! 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

So agree with this. No matter how I feel about someone, I won’t minimize a personal loss. 

If this does become part of her storyline next season, I hope it’s done respectfully and tactfully.

• Love 7

So sad about Lois but at least it seems like she didn't suffer long. 

5 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I turn on the first episode of the show "The Shrink Next Door" starring Will Ferrell and Paul Rudd on Apple TV and who do I see in the first five minutes?  Lisa freaking Rinna 

As Lisa Rinna or as a character? 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

It sounds like there was genuine affection between Lois and the girls, and Lisa’s interactions with her seemed real as well. 

I don't disagree with that.  I just am not expecting Rinna to publicly handle this with any class or tact. 

• Love 7

I don't doubt the Hamlins are grieving. Lisa seems to have been prepared for this for some time (as much as someone can be). I am concerned about the girls though. Both seemed on the edge right before this, and I'm not convinced they have the coping mechanisms to deal with the loss.

Sadly I can see Lisa trying to make a storyline of her girls' reaction more than her own. Hopefully, Harry Hamlin is there for them and puts the kibosh on any attempt to exploit their grief.

Best case scenario is that next season Lisa will just continue to play the same role she has for the past three years: gatekeeper of everyone else's skeletons in the closet while showcasing her own family at merely a superficial level. And continue to try to pimp Amelia out to Harry Styles (just please keep her away from Zayn, Lisa!).

• Love 7
3 hours ago, dmeets said:

I don't doubt the Hamlins are grieving. Lisa seems to have been prepared for this for some time (as much as someone can be). I am concerned about the girls though. Both seemed on the edge right before this, and I'm not convinced they have the coping mechanisms to deal with the loss.

Sadly I can see Lisa trying to make a storyline of her girls' reaction more than her own. Hopefully, Harry Hamlin is there for them and puts the kibosh on any attempt to exploit their grief.

Best case scenario is that next season Lisa will just continue to play the same role she has for the past three years: gatekeeper of everyone else's skeletons in the closet while showcasing her own family at merely a superficial level. And continue to try to pimp Amelia out to Harry Styles (just please keep her away from Zayn, Lisa!).

What I’d like to see: a nice “In Memoriam” tribute to Lois at the end of the first episode with some clips of her at her dancing best, and then a slow fade to black. That’s it. But I hope that whatever scenes they do show of Rinna are honest, brief, and as real as possible, much like the way production handled the loss of Eileen’s mom and sister.

That said, I understand all the comments here. We all “know” the Rinna we see, and most of the time it’s not very good. But we really don’t know how she and the girls are coping with this IRL. I’m still sorry for their loss.

• Love 9