Type keyword(s) to search

Lisa Rinna: These are the Lips of her Life

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I doubt Lisa is particularly heartbroken about it and is probably relieved she doesn’t have to pretend to give two shits about her anymore. Her mother’s “transition” doesn’t make her more of a sympathetic character to me. 

Welcome to the cold dead heart club. I felt bad feeling very little empathy for her or her spawn. Losing parents is hard, my life fell apart when my mom passed, I doubt the same will happen to her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Rinna may be messy as hell on the show. She may even be a bitch at times. I don't think she's rotten to the core to the point she's not in pain right now. I haven't gone through it, but losing a parent sounds like it's one of the hardest things to go through. My heart goes out to Rinna and the whole family. Lois looked like she was a hoot when she was on RH. I bet the kids will really miss her. 

• Love 10
On 11/9/2021 at 7:35 AM, RoseAllDay said:

I truly think Rinna sees herself in competition with those girls — she’s not necessarily reliving her youth through them, or wants them to succeed at something they truly love doing. She hates the fact that time is marching on, and maybe she has some “woulda, coulda, shouldas” about her 20s and 30s. Regardless…you don’t treat your children that way. 

She makes spectacles of herself in public, posts Instas that make most of us blush…if the kids already have issues, that is not the way to help them. 

Self-centered, egotistical Rinna needs to grow up before she screws up those girls permanently, if she hasn’t already.

And Harry…it’s so clear he’s checked out, which makes this even more sad.

Some of Lisa's behavior reminds me of my mother, who had narcissistic personality disorder and possibly borderline disorder. She had three daughters and was always competitive with us. I remember how she'd comment on my weight and figure throughout my life, then make a comment about herself or repeat a compliment she had received. She was so focused on my weight and hers that I believed she was trying to be thinner than me. After a while I stopped answering when she asked me what I weighed. But she would still brag about her own weight. 

She was abusive to all of us, mostly from neglect but also verbal and emotional abuse. She got jealous if my father spent too much time with me or my sisters. It was very stressful and dysfunctional. I wanted so much for my mother to love me. In the absence of love from her, I drew closer to my father who was loving and kind. But my mother would be abusive to him too if he paid too much attention to me. When I became an adult, we would have to email or talk in secret when he was at work. It was so twisted, but it was the only way. If I called, my mother wouldn't let him talk to me on the phone or if he answered, she'd talk over him in the background until he gave up and handed her the phone. 

When he retired, it stopped because there was no way for him to talk to or email me. My mother knew his passwords and would read his emails and go on his phone. 

Lisa's antics on IG remind me of how much my mother liked getting her picture taken. It was a different era so there was no internet, but my mother would "turn on" whenever she saw a camera. Even at my wedding, my two sisters rushed over to my mother and exclaimed over how beautiful she looked while I stood there alone in my wedding gown. I didn't fault them because doing anything else would've been punishing for them. 

I think Lisa's daughter's food and body issues are at the very least heavily influenced by her mother. She grew up watching her mother be vigilant about food and then parade around like a peacock on Instagram. My mother always bragged about how she "eats like a bird" and would say "a lady always leaves food on her plate." She was always very thin.

When I was in my 20s, I struggled with anorexia and bulimia for years. Today I'm in my 50s and normal weight but still have a lot of fear about gaining weight. And if I'm honest, I also have to admit that I don't like my body and at times feel disgusted by it.

I know Lisa's daughters can be bratty, but I feel for them. I know what it's like growing up with an NPD mother. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. As the child, you are not important. You are not a priority. In fact, you are in the way, because you block the sun that should always shine on the mother. 

One thing: I don't know if Lisa has NPD. I'm basing my assessment on behaviors I see that point to a self-absorbed, vain person. I hope she isn't NPD, because it's very hard on the person's loved ones and friends. 

• Hugs 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

What I’d like to see: a nice “In Memoriam” tribute to Lois at the end of the first episode with some clips of her at her dancing best, and then a slow fade to black. That’s it. But I hope that whatever scenes they do show of Rinna are honest, brief, and as real as possible, much like the way production handled the loss of Eileen’s mom and sister.

That said, I understand all the comments here. We all “know” the Rinna we see, and most of the time it’s not very good. But we really don’t know how she and the girls are coping with this IRL. I’m still sorry for their loss.

Andy did this last night on WWHL:

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 14
20 hours ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

I’m so sorry to hear about your life with your mother.  Do you ever read any of Melanie Tonia Evans stuff?

I tend to read this quote from her often when I start to have hope that an N in my life may actually be a normal person (they’re not.)

“I’ve said it before a thousand times and I’m going to say it again, wanting a narcissist to care, and be kind, and have compassion is like expecting a crocodile to roll over so that you can scratch its belly and so that it’s going to wag its tail and love you.

If a narcissist doesn’t care about others, it’s because they literally don’t have the capacity for empathy, kind of like the reptilian brain of a crocodile doesn’t have that capacity either. And there’s a reason for this.

The reason is because a narcissist has to go after narcissistic supply. And what this means is getting the attention, the energy, and the stuff from other people to be able to feed the dead and empty in a defunct self in order to feel alive, significant, and functional

To a narcissist, it’s all about them. They only care about feeding the false self. Andwhat is the false self? The false self is the fake construct that they’ve put in charge of their identity and in charge of their life.” -MTE

And Sweet-Tea, I know you realize this but I just want to say it to remind you, The way your mother behaves is not your fault. There is something wrong inside of her brain.

You are lovable and loved by people who have to capacity to do so (your dad etc♥️).

Thank you so much, JonnieUniteUs. I haven't read anything by that author. I will look her up. I've read Melody Beattie. She writes about codependency, which I still struggle with today.

I agree with what you said about the narc supply. 

My mother suddenly passed away on 10/14/21. I've been having difficulty processing my feelings. There is so much pain mixed up with love, confusion, hurt, etc. 

I hope Lisa's daughters are in therapy. They seem to both have issues. It would benefit them to start dealing with it now instead of waiting until they're much older. 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Thank you so much, JonnieUniteUs. I haven't read anything by that author. I will look her up. I've read Melody Beattie. She writes about codependency, which I still struggle with today.

I agree with what you said about the narc supply. 

My mother suddenly passed away on 10/14/21. I've been having difficulty processing my feelings. There is so much pain mixed up with love, confusion, hurt, etc. 

I hope Lisa's daughters are in therapy. They seem to both have issues. It would benefit them to start dealing with it now instead of waiting until they're much older. 

Apparently Melanie has a forum that you can pay to join as well as some type of process she claims can help people (those affected by narcissists) to heal but I’ve never looked into any of the pay stuff.

I signed up for a couple free ebooks a long time ago and to receive informational emails (articles) from her and I usually do read them and get something out of them.  In those articles there are comment sections that can also be interesting.

A friend of mine who lives with a narc is searching for a therapist who understands narcissistic abuse. I went to a therapist awhile back who made great suggestions for interacting with non-narcs, but almost none of the suggestions were things I could use with a narcissist .

im sorry about what you are going through even now, after her death.  A sudden death can be so difficult in addition to all of the conflicting feelings. All I can say really is that the passage of time should make it less painful in many ways.

im no expert other than having experience with a few narcs, but feel free to message me privately here anytime!

I plan to look up Melody Beattie, thank you!

Hugs💕💕

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, JD5166 said:

Lois was popular with viewers, the only reason she and her daughters decided it was okay to hang out and use her. They all disgust me, just another reason to stop watching. She has NO SHAME. 

Yes I am just not buying this complete rewrite of history.

In the first season, Rinna and her two spawn paid a visit to Lois. I believe the father was also alive at the time.

When it happened they mentioned they had not been to see the grandparents in several years nor had the grandparents flown down to visit them in Los Angeles

My brother lived in Vancouver and my parents flew up there quite a bit. They even rented a place for a few weeks in the summer after my niece was born so they could have quality time without intruding unduly. And they paid for my brother and to fly down a few times each year as well since they could afford it more than he could. My parents weren't rich but just using them to illustrate that "normal" middle class families see their kids and their parents more often than once every four or five years.

As I posted upthread, at the time the episode was aired, there was a LOT of comments about how strange it was that an affluent person who lived a short plane trip away had not seen their parents in so many years. I mean everyone is busy and frankly most "normal" people have less flexible lives because you have two weeks vacation and the cost of airfare for a family might be unaffordable especially for a weekend. 

Also many "normal" families don't have large homes with comfortable guest quarters and/or don't have the money for hotels.

It was only when Lois became a "thing" that she began popping up 

• Useful 3
  • Love 18
On 11/22/2021 at 7:20 AM, babykin said:

Once again, I feel like a gullible stooge. I defended Rinna here after Lois’s death when everybody else obviously hit the nail on the head.

This is vile. (That seems to be a word I use a LOT in this forum.) 

I’m a chump, gang, and I OWN it. 🤦‍♀️

Thanks to her and Erika, this franchise is 💩.

• Love 19

I might have forgotten this, but did Lisa ever mention feeling estranged from her mother, or did she have a difficult childhood?

I have my issues with Lisa and don't want to seem as if I'm defending her, but there must be a reason she didn't spend much time around her parents when she was younger.

This doesn't excuse her behavior, or how she deals with her daughters, but it might explain things.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I might have forgotten this, but did Lisa ever mention feeling estranged from her mother, or did she have a difficult childhood?

I have my issues with Lisa and don't want to seem as if I'm defending her, but there must be a reason she didn't spend much time around her parents when she was younger.

This doesn't excuse her behavior, or how she deals with her daughters, but it might explain things.

Ditto. I get that Lisa isn't always the most likable, but that doesn't mean we should never give her benefit of the doubt. She's a human being who probably acts up specifically for Real Housewives. Just my opinion. :)

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Ditto. I get that Lisa isn't always the most likable, but that doesn't mean we should never give her benefit of the doubt. She's a human being who probably acts up specifically for Real Housewives. Just my opinion. :)

She is offering a free I Love Lois lipstick with a purchase. And her response to people saying it is a time deaf tasteless opportunistic promotion is to say everyone grieves differently. 🤮🤮🤮

No normal person grieving the loss of a parent, spouse or child or even any other important person in their life immediately thinks of a way to capitalize and make money on their death. 

That is not just another way to grieve.  It indicates a depraved soul who doesn’t have anything in common with people who have ordinary human emotions. 

• Love 16
28 minutes ago, amarante said:

She is offering a free I Love Lois lipstick with a purchase. And her response to people saying it is a time deaf tasteless opportunistic promotion is to say everyone grieves differently. 🤮🤮🤮

No normal person grieving the loss of a parent, spouse or child or even any other important person in their life immediately thinks of a way to capitalize and make money on their death. 

That is not just another way to grieve.  It indicates a depraved soul who doesn’t have anything in common with people who have ordinary human emotions. 

Woah, I missed that post (if it was mentioned already)! I thought even Lisa would know better. :(

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Oink Oink Chub Chub!  You want to cash in wherever and WHENEVER you possibly can. We see you Lisa Rinna!

I think I've found a way to honor some really awesome elderly people that I've worked with over the years.  Find a charity or 501C3 that YOU believe in.  Their mission. Their office. Their staff. Do your homework.

Then, donate to them in honor of your awesome elderly person.  There ya go!

• Love 13
8 hours ago, Surrealist said:

That sounds kind of familiar. I want to say that she reconciled with her parents when her dad’s health started to fail, but I’m not sure. Her older sister did die of a drug overdose. That certainly had some fallout. I think Lisa was pretty young when that happened — late childhood, early teens, maybe?

Family dynamics is a tough thing to unpack. I still believe her push to get the girls into modeling was in large part to compete with Yolanda, as well as Camille. She saw the attention their kids were getting, and did not want to miss out.

5 hours ago, dosodog said:

It's there:

lisa rinna (@lisarinna) Tweeted: ❤️❤️❤️ https://twitter.com/lisarinna/status/1462118389267132416?s=20

F-ing shameless.

I can hear her excusing it by saying Lois would have loved it and thought it funny.

Have they even had the funeral yet?

And the person who suggested a Lois nail polish? Well, why not.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, amarante said:

It’s opportunism taken to a whole new despicable level. What got me was the “yeah, we’re doing this” line. She knows how this will be perceived and doesn’t care, and judging by the few responses I read, neither do her groupies. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

That sounds kind of familiar. I want to say that she reconciled with her parents when her dad’s health started to fail, but I’m not sure. Her older sister did die of a drug overdose. That certainly had some fallout. I think Lisa was pretty young when that happened — late childhood, early teens, maybe?

Family dynamics is a tough thing to unpack. I still believe her push to get the girls into modeling was in large part to compete with Yolanda, as well as Camille. She saw the attention their kids were getting, and did not want to miss out.

Thank you. For the most part, I've internalized the women's stories after bingeing the series. That said I will miss the little things here and there. I couldn't remember if Lisa addressed whether she had issues with her parents when she was younger. I've no doubt her sister's untimely death affected all of them.

It makes sense that she reconciled with her parents once her father fell ill. I think this happens in many cases where dysfunction was present (to try to mend fences before someone dies). 

I agree Lisa wants her daughters on a path similar to that of the KarJenners and the Hadids. She's a natural hustler. I'll give her credit for that, since past a certain age, it's far more difficult to remain relevant if you're a woman in that industry. I guess, you gotta make that coin while you can. Harry doesn't have to worry about that as much, since he still gets decent acting work.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

Thank you. For the most part, I've internalized the women's stories after bingeing the series. That said I will miss the little things here and there. I couldn't remember if Lisa addressed whether she had issues with her parents when she was younger. I've no doubt her sister's untimely death affected all of them.

It makes sense that she reconciled with her parents once her father fell ill. I think this happens in many cases where dysfunction was present (to try to mend fences before someone dies). 

I agree Lisa wants her daughters on a path similar to that of the KarJenners and the Hadids. She's a natural hustler. I'll give her credit for that, since past a certain age, it's far more difficult to remain relevant if you're a woman in that industry. I guess, you gotta make that coin while you can. Harry doesn't have to worry about that as much, since he still gets decent acting work.

Wasn’t one of her taglines, “You can’t outhustle the hustler” one season? She makes no bones about doing whatever it takes to get the cash, including selling out her mother, and her daughters, for that matter.

I don’t see how Harry stands her. I really don’t. Guess he’s just used to it by now.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

I don’t see how Harry stands her. I really don’t. Guess he’s just used to it by now.

I don't know if he's much better. I remember a clip from The Soup years ago, when they had their own reality show at the time that they owned the boutique. The two of them were doing an interview on Good Day L.A. or some show along those lines. During the interview, Harry "received a phone call" "from the security company" and proceeded to pick it up right on the spot during the interview. Lisa was like, are we being robbed? Harry "listened to his phone" for a couple seconds and said someone was breaking into the store at that very moment. Lisa gasped, turned to the interviewer and said "see this is the kind of thing that happens, when you watch our show."

It takes one to love one, if they're still happily married after all these years.

Edited by dmeets
  • Useful 7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

It’s opportunism taken to a whole new despicable level. What got me was the “yeah, we’re doing this” line. She knows how this will be perceived and doesn’t care, and judging by the few responses I read, neither do her groupies. 

I just heard about this. I generally haven't faulted Rinna for her hustle, but this is just beyond. It's not like I thought she was a good person, but wow. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, chlban said:

I just heard about this. I generally haven't faulted Rinna for her hustle, but this is just beyond. It's not like I thought she was a good person, but wow. 

Yeah. Silly me for thinking she’d have any kind of decent, human response to the death of her mother. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, Surrealist said:

The thing is, Lisa hustled (still does) because she has drive. She has worked for everything she has. Her daughters have no drive. Why would they? They've never had to work. I'm sure Lisa, at the beginning of her career, did early morning casting calls, almost got the job, has disappointing or even crushing losses, showed up to auditions and saw 20 or 30 other actors waiting to audition for the same job, etc, etc. The Kardashians and Hadids have some work ethic, I'll give them that. But they also started on third and think they hit a home run. Lisa's kids don't seem to have even half of the drive the Ks and Hs have. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
On 11/23/2021 at 3:47 PM, RoseAllDay said:

Once again, I feel like a gullible stooge. I defended Rinna here after Lois’s death when everybody else obviously hit the nail on the head.

This is vile. (That seems to be a word I use a LOT in this forum.) 

I’m a chump, gang, and I OWN it. 🤦‍♀️

Thanks to her and Erika, this franchise is 💩.

I don’t have a Twitter account so I can’t see the post. Can someone tell me what it says?

I always wondered why Lisa called her Lois and not Mom. Was it always like that or did it change at some point?

Never mind. I saw the post up thread. Wow. I can’t really say I’m surprised she’s doing this though. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, TrixieTrue said:

The thing is, Lisa hustled (still does) because she has drive

The thing is, Lisa hustled (still does) because she has an unhealthy drive.  The family should be grateful the daughters didn't inherit Lisa's (many) quirks.

• Love 12
On 11/25/2021 at 4:41 PM, Back Atcha said:

The thing is, Lisa hustled (still does) because she has an unhealthy drive.  The family should be grateful the daughters didn't inherit Lisa's (many) quirks.

SO agree with this. Could it be the “lack of drive” on the part of the girls is because they’ve never really been into modeling in the first place, or got into it and had second thoughts, and Lisa doesn’t acknowledge that? But…Is it any coincidence that they both Delilah and Amelia have serious mental health problems such as body image issues, insecurity, and anxiety and depression? Look at the work they’ve already had done to their features, in their early 20s! They were — once — naturally pretty. That is also Rinna, to some degree. She has a very forceful personality that some may not be able to resist.

Lisa’s drive is a fear of becoming irrelevant, which she’ll certainly be on the fast track to once this BH gig goes away, and she knows it.

• Love 11

https://pagesix.com/2021/11/26/lisa-rinna-celebrates-first-thanksgiving-since-mom-lois-death/

Thanksgiving at the Hamlins’. 

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/style-living/lisa-rinna-pays-tribute-to-late-mom-on-thanksgiving

The Bravo story has this gem:

Since first revealing the sad news of Lois’ passing, Lisa has continued to pay homage to her beloved mom on social media. Earlier this month, she also shared some of her favorite memories of her mother with a series of heartfelt photos and videos on Instagram.

No mention of the I Love Lois lipstick flash sale.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 11/23/2021 at 7:35 PM, Surrealist said:

From what I recall she just talked about hating being a small town girl and knew she was destined for more; couldn't wait to escape that small town and get to Hollywood, etc.  Of course that could not be true and just what she said for the show, but sounds about right to me.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, princelina said:

From what I recall she just talked about hating being a small town girl and knew she was destined for more; couldn't wait to escape that small town and get to Hollywood, etc.  Of course that could not be true and just what she said for the show, but sounds about right to me.

real-housewives-lisa-rinna.gif

• LOL 5
On 11/29/2021 at 9:58 PM, RealHousewife said:

real-housewives-lisa-rinna.gif

I used to wonder why my mother was obsessed with material things, status and wealth because she grew up from a poor family in a small town in Mississippi. She had seven siblings and they didn’t have anything. I wonder if she reacted to this by becoming focused on being wealthy and important? We were always middle class but my mother would spend us into bankruptcy while pretending we were rich. 

Perhaps Lisa also had an overreaction to her upbringing? 

It would be interesting to know more details about Lisa’s childhood. The real truth, not necessarily what she presents. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Useful 6
3 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

CDAN (Crazy Days and Nights) says that Lisa and Harry are having money troubles. It says Harry is doing autograph-signing in Canada.

I caught part of WWHL the other night, and they showed a clip of this Tom Brokaw movie Harry’s doing. Man, is he one poor actor these days. His performance was unintentionally funny. 

I still say the man needs to market his food products, if they’re that good.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 11/24/2021 at 3:06 AM, RoseAllDay said:

Lisa Rinna runs in the same circle as Kris Jenner. I think that Kris provided the inspiration and it was fueled by Yolanda. 

Perhaps Lisa and Harry realized that their daughters were not college material and they did not want to go the Lori Laughlin route to get them enrolled. 

• Love 3
On 12/10/2021 at 4:38 PM, Showthyme said:

Perhaps Lisa and Harry realized that their daughters were not college material and they did not want to go the Lori Laughlin route to get them enrolled. 

Both Lisa and Harry are mostly responsible for their girls' lack of basic academic and emotional intelligence. There comes a point where nurture plays as much a role as nature. They probably spent more time reading their mom's book on how to give a BJ than actually learning anything like basic math, science, history, and literature. It's really sad too given that Harry when to Berkeley and Yale and could have helped steer the girls in a better direction but probably didn't have any say in that household.

While I can't stand Kyle and Maurgreasio, at least the daughters old enough to go to college have gone and graduated, including Farrah, the oldest from Kyle's first marriage. We haven't heard anything about Kye's kids overdosing and dating Kardashian cast-offs old enough to be their father (and their mother acting surprised/bragging about it to have a storyline), They seem to be somewhat well adjusted given their parents and where they live. Hell even most of Kim's kids seem well adjusted given their mother's demons.

Edited by DawnDavenport
  • Love 16
9 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I saw a story that said Lisa isn’t speaking to Delilah now due to Delilah’s video. 

Good! Run away Delilah! It doesn’t get better with a narcissistic mother. It only gets worse. 

I feel so sad for these young women. I hope they can find the eight kind of help and support that all of us deserve.

All her postings are a cry for help.

• Love 11