Type keyword(s) to search

Lisa Rinna: These are the Lips of her Life

• Start Topic

Delilah recorded an instagram video detailing her addiction to Xanax which she overdosed on. She went to a facility but they asked her leave because they're not a medical rehab. Honestly I don't have a lot of hope for the Rinna/Hamlin kids. They've been groomed by Rinna to pursue a model/instagram lifestyle which is nothing but addiction, eating disorders, body dysmorphia and trouble. They really never had a chance. Maybe it would have been better to be a chub chub in peace.

Us Magazine

I had already come down on the Xanax. I wasn’t like a drug addict, but my body was dependent on it because of how much the doctor had prescribed me,” she said, tearing up as she continued to share her experience. “I thought this place was gonna be, like, a place to cure me, cure everything, help me.”  

Delilah noted that it “was really hard at first” to be at the treatment center, which she clarified wasn’t a rehab facility. “Everything seemed to work. I cut down so much on my Xanax [use]. … [But] I’m having seizures left and right,” she said. “My health is getting scary. … Unfortunately, I was I think a medical risk, so I was politely asked to leave after three weeks of being there and making a best friend.”

Because the place she was staying wasn’t an official medical facility, Delilah was encouraged to seek help elsewhere. “My family and I are struggling to figure out, kind of, what to do,” she continued. “Mentally, I am not great today. I’m feeling hopeless … since the last treatment center didn’t work out.”

Edited by charming
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, charming said:

Delilah recorded an instagram video detailing her addiction to Xanax which she overdosed on. She went to a facility but they asked her leave because they're not a medical rehab. Honestly I don't have a lot of hope for the Rinna/Hamlin kids. They've been groomed by Rinna to pursue a model/instagram lifestyle which is nothing but addiction, eating disorders, body dysmorphia and trouble. They really never had a chance. Maybe it would have been better to be a chub chub in peace.

Us Magazine

I had already come down on the Xanax. I wasn’t like a drug addict, but my body was dependent on it because of how much the doctor had prescribed me,” she said, tearing up as she continued to share her experience. “I thought this place was gonna be, like, a place to cure me, cure everything, help me.”  

Delilah noted that it “was really hard at first” to be at the treatment center, which she clarified wasn’t a rehab facility. “Everything seemed to work. I cut down so much on my Xanax [use]. … [But] I’m having seizures left and right,” she said. “My health is getting scary. … Unfortunately, I was I think a medical risk, so I was politely asked to leave after three weeks of being there and making a best friend.”

Because the place she was staying wasn’t an official medical facility, Delilah was encouraged to seek help elsewhere. “My family and I are struggling to figure out, kind of, what to do,” she continued. “Mentally, I am not great today. I’m feeling hopeless … since the last treatment center didn’t work out.”

That, truly, is a damn shame. 

• Love 6

Delilah also has OCD, anxiety, a couple things I never heard of, and 3 or 4 types of Lyme disease. She has reached out to Yolanda for advice. Clearly no one is helping this young woman. She hasn’t said anything that indicates she is getting mental health help. I just have a bad feeling this isn’t going to end well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, charming said:

They truly have been groomed by their fucked-up mother. Sad situation.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Rinna should quit RHoBH and take care of her daughter.

I am really concerned for Delilah’s sake. I think her going on social media is such a cry for help and it’s not the first time.

I hope see can find some healthy, loving adults that she trusts to br her support system.

• Love 16

The daughter called the housekeeper because she didn't think her parents would come to her apartment to help her. 

How sad is that?

I mean she didn't even have a friend to call - putting aside not thinking your parents would help. I guess Harry is in Canada but Rinna is shooting RHBH of she is definitely in town.

These people should get off social media and deal with their emotional issues. The celebrities who are serious about rehab don't go on social media to give a play by play of their recovery and their issues - they quietly do the work. I think social media is a source of their problems - it doesn't help to continue to be on it.

• Love 16

"He overprescribed me with one medication that one of my friends takes like 10 milligrams, and he gave me like 20 milligrams three times a day and then he gave me 3 milligrams of Xanax a day," she said. "So my body got dependent on Xanax number one, and number two, I overdosed. I didn't mean to at all. I overdosed on this one medication called propranolol. I took Benadryl with it and for some reason, I ended up in the hospital.”

From People. I think she is damn lucky. I’d like to know what the one medication is that she was taking 20 milligrams three times a day. I checked, and while mixing Benadryl with propranolol (the beta blocker) isn’t necessarily dangerous, it has a moderate risk of causing heart rate issues. That, depending, could have been very bad. 

Sadly, I think there is much more to this story. Lisa, get off the ‘Gram, put some clothes on, act your age, and take care of your daughter. She’s obviously crying out for help. Same goes for you, too, Harry.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

I am really concerned for Delilah’s sake. I think her going on social media is such a cry for help and it’s not the first time.

I hope see can find some healthy, loving adults that she trusts to br her support system.

My heart breaks for her. She's still so young and needs someone to look out for her. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Isn’t propranolol a heart medication?

Wow, this is sad.😢

It is a beta blocker I think. It seems to be an odd choice to accidentally OD on but the whole thing smells bogus.

It is ironic that rich people seem to locate the worst enabling doctors who prescribe terrible medications. I have regular doctors who are super cautious about any kind of medication and keep tabs on everything to make sure they don't have problems in terms of being taken together. I can't even get a few painkillers after dental surgery because they are so cautious 😂

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Thumper said:

Isn’t propranolol a heart medication?

Wow, this is sad.😢

It is a beta blocker. What concerns me is it sounds like she’s been on a virtual cocktail of medications. Propranolol, Xanax, Benadryl, and some unknown drug that she says she had almost double the dose of, compared to her friend. The more you add to the mix, I think, the more you’re playing with fire. 

• Love 10

The Eden season is where we were introduced to Rinna's baggie of pills and her doctored up smoothies, I guess it is like mother like daughter, not afraid of a lil ol pill or two.

It is really a shame if Rinna does not see how her choices affect her children, is Delilah the one with the eating disorder as well?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The Eden season is where we were introduced to Rinna's baggie of pills and her doctored up smoothies, I guess it is like mother like daughter, not afraid of a lil ol pill or two.

It is really a shame if Rinna does not see how her choices affect her children, is Delilah the one with the eating disorder as well?

I looked at Rinna’s Insta and the latest post (maybe from a day or so ago?) is another one of her glam shots promoting her makeup line. Of course she looks and dresses years younger than her age. I thought the comments would bring up Delilah, but most are gushing over how fabulous she looks — including Delilah Belle. 🤭

I hate to think Lisa is that totally oblivious to her daughter’s situation, but then I’ve also given up on expecting any kind of basic human reaction out of most of these women, so…

😥

• Love 4

2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

No, that's her sister Amelia who dated Scott Disick. It's incredibly sad how both girls are having such serious mental health issues...

• Love 3
7 hours ago, amarante said:

It is a beta blocker I think. It seems to be an odd choice to accidentally OD on but the whole thing smells bogus.

It is ironic that rich people seem to locate the worst enabling doctors who prescribe terrible medications. I have regular doctors who are super cautious about any kind of medication and keep tabs on everything to make sure they don't have problems in terms of being taken together. I can't even get a few painkillers after dental surgery because they are so cautious 😂

Yesss! My docs and pharmacist are very clear about what meds they prescribe are, what they do, and what not to take with them! Of course, I have free will and can do whatever, but I'm kind of fond of breathing.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Yesss! My docs and pharmacist are very clear about what meds they prescribe are, what they do, and what not to take with them! Of course, I have free will and can do whatever, but I'm kind of fond of breathing.

I have read studies that often rich and powerful people actually get worse medical treatment because they go to doctors who enable them and also because they intimidate medical providers. There are now "concierge" doctors who charge an annual fee for access and I would suspect they are driven by "customer satisfaction" which would mean a free hand with prescriptions for many people.

Of course many wealthy people are not in this category and are sophisticated consumers who seek out the best medical advice and follow it. But I think people like Rinna and her daughters are essentially stupid people and by for Rinna's lucky break she would be a divorced waitress at a diner in Podunkville and her children would be lucky to get a job at the local factory.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I think she’s under the care of a quack, or may be going to a pill mill. This is just messed up, what all she’s taking. (Of course, I’m not a medical professional, nor do I play one on TV, nor did I sleep at a Holiday Inn last night.)

Both girls seem extremely unhappy to me, always have. Harry’s gone a lot of the time, and Lisa’s wrapped up only in herself, so no wonder.

8 minutes ago, amarante said:

I have read studies that often rich and powerful people actually get worse medical treatment because they go to doctors who enable them and also because they intimidate medical providers. There are now "concierge" doctors who charge an annual fee for access and I would suspect they are driven by "customer satisfaction" which would mean a free hand with prescriptions for many people.

Of course many wealthy people are not in this category and are sophisticated consumers who seek out the best medical advice and follow it. But I think people like Rinna and her daughters are essentially stupid people and by for Rinna's lucky break she would be a divorced waitress at a diner in Podunkville and her children would be lucky to get a job at the local factory.

There’s also doctor shopping.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

"He overprescribed me with one medication that one of my friends takes like 10 milligrams, and he gave me like 20 milligrams three times a day and then he gave me 3 milligrams of Xanax a day," she said. "So my body got dependent on Xanax number one, and number two, I overdosed. I didn't mean to at all. I overdosed on this one medication called propranolol. I took Benadryl with it and for some reason, I ended up in the hospital.”

From People. I think she is damn lucky. I’d like to know what the one medication is that she was taking 20 milligrams three times a day. I checked, and while mixing Benadryl with propranolol (the beta blocker) isn’t necessarily dangerous, it has a moderate risk of causing heart rate issues. That, depending, could have been very bad. 

Sadly, I think there is much more to this story. Lisa, get off the ‘Gram, put some clothes on, act your age, and take care of your daughter. She’s obviously crying out for help. Same goes for you, too, Harry.

Why was she given a beta blocker? does she have a heart condition?

1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

It's also used for heavy anxiety/panic. I've taken it for that, but it didn't work for me, because my brain is an asshole

I was prescribed this once when I had to do some public speaking for work.  I am not a good public speaker, I get all nervous and tongue tied.  It did actually help for that.  But my doc only gave me enough to use for those specific occasions, and maybe 2 to try beforehand to make sure they didn't mess me up.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Nicmar said:

Why was she given a beta blocker? does she have a heart condition?

I guess it can help with anxiety — I didn’t know that propranolol was a use for it. But from what I read, it can interact with Benadryl and cause problems. 

• Love 3

I have a lot of sympathy for Delilah. But she is also saying things that just aren’t correct and also sort of blaming it on getting vaccinated. She said she got the 2nd shot and now she has anxiety, OCD, Cibo (?), brain swelling, Lyme, PANDAS flare up, Epstein Barr…..am I missing anything? 

She is screaming for help and I totally agree Rinna and Harry should take time off and help their daughters. 

Edited by babykin
  • Useful 2
  • Love 17
16 hours ago, amarante said:

These people should get off social media and deal with their emotional issues. The celebrities who are serious about rehab don't go on social media to give a play by play of their recovery and their issues - they quietly do the work. I think social media is a source of their problems - it doesn't help to continue to be on it.

Sadly I've seen more than my fair share of non-famous people do this, and I'm tempted to tell them to talk to a therapist. 

Social media is never a replacement for therapy and whatever issues you need to work through, but can't seem to.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, babykin said:

I have a lot of sympathy for Delilah. But she is also saying things that just aren’t correct and also sort of blaming it on getting vaccinated.

This was my first thought too. I received my Pfizer booster a few weeks ago. The vaccination didn't cause any of the things she mentioned, and I have the underlying condition of going through cancer treatment.

I feel bad for Delilah, but I kind get the sense she's fibbing about certain things. She needs to focus on her mental health issues and the overdose. These have nothing to do with being vaccinated.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, politichick said:

God, I hope not! That would be so gross.

And when has Rinna ever lost an opportunity to exploit her children. As I recall she used the anorexia as a storyline as well as the anxiety when the daughter couldn’t last a semester in college.

I am really not sympathetic in terms of how poorly these kids were raised. They are completely unresilient in terms of facing normal stresses that comes with growing up.  Most kids have to adjust when they go to college and many of them have more objective stressors like financial issues and working. Living in a crappy dorm or other awful student housing is much more stressful than a luxury apartment paid for by your parents. 

I realize wealth is not guarantee against having mental issues but I think these girls’ mental issues are caused mostly by awful parenting. 

• Love 24
15 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Question. Did Delilah and Amelia always want to model? Or were they pushed into it by Rinna, in competition with Yolanda and the Hadids? This could explain why they’re so messed up as well.

I don't know, but it surprises me when kids from rich families end up modeling. It's an industry where eating disorders and drug use runs rampant. I was especially surprised by the Hadids modeling because Mohamed is rich AF. Those girls can do anything. Some girls just really like the idea of modeling, which I totally get. It looks glamorous, and I'm sure part of it really is. But I would never encourage a young girl to go that route, especially if she has money for the best schools and to pursue other dreams. 

• Love 12

I can understand one sister having issues, but both of them? That points to some kind of neglect in their upbringing for these problems having not been dealt with earlier. There were certainly signs with both girls that things weren't right long before they manifested in eating disorders and addiction.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 14
On 11/3/2021 at 10:34 AM, WhatAmIWatching said:

It's also used for heavy anxiety/panic. I've taken it for that, but it didn't work for me, because my brain is an asshole

Yes. I have taken it because I have a phobia around flying and I took it once - I have to admit, it did help to some extent.  So yes, propanalol is primarily a beta blocker but they have found it works for people with severe anxiety. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 11/3/2021 at 11:21 AM, amarante said:

I realize wealth is not guarantee against having mental issues but I think these girls’ mental issues are caused mostly by awful parenting. 

Lisa Rinna belongs near the top of Celebrity Bad/Dangerous Mothers.  Her selfish antics have gone on for decades too long.  There was no chance for any children she bore.

On 11/3/2021 at 8:23 AM, RoseAllDay said:

I think she’s under the care of a quack, or may be going to a pill mill.

Seems there's more than the average "doctor" of this type in the Beverly Hills area.

• Love 11
On 11/3/2021 at 2:21 PM, amarante said:

And when has Rinna ever lost an opportunity to exploit her children. As I recall she used the anorexia as a storyline as well as the anxiety when the daughter couldn’t last a semester in college.

I am really not sympathetic in terms of how poorly these kids were raised. They are completely unresilient in terms of facing normal stresses that comes with growing up.  Most kids have to adjust when they go to college and many of them have more objective stressors like financial issues and working. Living in a crappy dorm or other awful student housing is much more stressful than a luxury apartment paid for by your parents. 

I remember talking about this at the time - I think the apartment would be more stressful.  When you're 18 part of the fun of college is living with the group, making new friends, ordering pizza late night, stumbling home drunk together, whatever.  Going to classes and then off to your luxury high rise alone?  Except when you have a "modeling" gig?  Sounds lonely and frightening to me.  Lots of time to navel gaze and focus on your anxieties until they're way out of proportion.

On 11/3/2021 at 3:54 PM, RealHousewife said:

I don't know, but it surprises me when kids from rich families end up modeling. It's an industry where eating disorders and drug use runs rampant. I was especially surprised by the Hadids modeling because Mohamed is rich AF. Those girls can do anything. Some girls just really like the idea of modeling, which I totally get. It looks glamorous, and I'm sure part of it really is. But I would never encourage a young girl to go that route, especially if she has money for the best schools and to pursue other dreams. 

Yolanda totally groomed those girls to be models - she wanted them to be like her.  I felt like Rinna's (and Camille's) daughters were just "walking the shows" because they let daughters of celebrities do that.  I've never seen any of them actually modeling for anything, like I have with Yo's girls and Kendall Jenner.

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, princelina said:

I remember talking about this at the time - I think the apartment would be more stressful.  When you're 18 part of the fun of college is living with the group, making new friends, ordering pizza late night, stumbling home drunk together, whatever.  Going to classes and then off to your luxury high rise alone?  Except when you have a "modeling" gig?  Sounds lonely and frightening to me.  Lots of time to navel gaze and focus on your anxieties until they're way out of proportion.

Yolanda totally groomed those girls to be models - she wanted them to be like her.  I felt like Rinna's (and Camille's) daughters were just "walking the shows" because they let daughters of celebrities do that.  I've never seen any of them actually modeling for anything, like I have with Yo's girls and Kendall Jenner.

For sure. 

I see. I understand Yolanda might feel very grateful to the modeling industry because she came from a humble background, but her kids don't. If I had a daughter whose dream was to model, I would probably support that even if the thought made me nervous. But I don't get grooming them to be models yourself.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

For sure. 

I see. I understand Yolanda might feel very grateful to the modeling industry because she came from a humble background, but her kids don't. If I had a daughter whose dream was to model, I would probably support that even if the thought made me nervous. But I don't get grooming them to be models yourself.  

When those episodes aired, it was very much a topic of discussion.

It just seemed like such a vapid ambition for a child who could theoretically do anything they wanted in life.

Not to model shame, but modeling is not a business that relies on anything other than winning the genetic lottery - or in Bella Hadid's case - buying the best face that money could afford in terms of the extensive plastic surgery she had. 

And although the Hadid girls were probably sheltered from the sexual exploitation that runs rampant they certainly didn't escape from the disordered eating and dysmorphia. As I recall Gigi was shamed about eating a piece of her birthday cake by Yolanda and was advised to eat five almonds as a snack - and of course Yolanda's cleanses - hot water, lemons and red pepper as I recall.

It is not even as if these kids try to be actors or singers which at least requires talent and also training for those who are serious about acting. 

I was joking with my friend about how I was horse crazy as a kid but unfortunately my parents weren't Bill Gates, Bruce Springsteen or Mike Bloomberg and therefore weren't able to buy my competition show jumpers. 😂 But at least those are serious pursuits at that level although obviously helped very much if you are born to wealth.

• Love 9
On 11/3/2021 at 2:54 PM, RealHousewife said:

I think Yolanda pushed all 3 of her kids into modeling, she should of just left them to make their own life choices.

• Love 4
On 11/3/2021 at 10:15 AM, amarante said:

I recall there was an episode of the show when Rinna took her daughters to get vitamin infusions instead of, you know, eating nutritious foods.  And we all saw Rinna's baggie of pills.  I have no doubt she seeks doctors to fuel her supply of pills, and creates problems with those pills that then require more and different pills to try to fix.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6