Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Victoria Konefal just won a Daytime Emmy Award(I think for Younger Actress), she looked pretty in a long satin green gown.  Deidre Hall was also a Presenter & Rob & Jackee presented together.

These days the Daytime Emmys are just as valuable an indicator of talent as deciding which gas station has the best sushi.

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
On 6/24/2021 at 5:54 PM, bunnyblue said:

but last year it was only Shin and a few unseen board members who decided to remove Chad and gave the job to Jake. But now it's the complete opposite: all the DiMeras have a vote and Shin is the only non-family member on the board. Make up your mind, show.

It seems like they gave at least one of Those Writers! the responsibility of research and continuity during the COVID break.  Kayla references HIPAA rules now, the DiMeras are counting votes, and characters make mention of past crimes and call each other on hypocrisy more than they did in the past.  

While Sami was pathetically begging EJ not to call Kristin, I was imagining that EJ really didn't have Kristin's number and was lying to Sami just to mess with her head.  It was curious that he said to Sami that she seemed to not want him to win the vote, rather than it seeming like she really didn't want him to talk to Kristin.  I'm crossing all of my fingers and toes that EJ knows about Sami and Lucas.  

I don't why this is happening to me but Rafe daydreaming about Nicole is kinda cute, and I still like the thing with them sharing custody of the teddy bear.  I imagine if Rafe and Nicole were a couple, though, I'd find them to be as boring as Rafe and Ava.  

I'll be shocked if Kate voting to evict Jake is the end of this blindness nonsense.  I feel like they're going to do another round of Kristin's Plot-Point-Madness, and make it seem like it's Over-Except-Its-Not-Over until we've pulled all of our hair out.  Gosh, my hair has just started growing back from Kristin's Never Ending Story.   

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Victoria Konefal just won a Daytime Emmy Award(I think for Younger Actress), she looked pretty in a long satin green gown.  Deidre Hall was also a Presenter & Rob & Jackee presented together.

And Cady McClain won for Outstanding Guest Performer

• Love 10

Nicole looked pretty today. Poor Henry the Blanket should be a lot more active now, close to crawling and almost walking. At least he gets to spend the day with Grandpa Lucas.  I don't remember if Sami has ever thanked Nicole for helping out Allie and the baby. Guess not. She's too busy trying to find dirt on her. Lucas really doesn't do secrets all that well. He just made Nicole a bit suspicious.

Rafe and Ava and really anyone else is not very interesting or exciting. More normal, every day little drama relationships. How long can Ava keep being a nice person who wants to change? She knows Nicole's secret and yeah, she will use it against her to keep Rafe.

Who helped poor, blind Kate get dressed up, did her hair, her nails, her makeup?

Thought Kate would vote for Jake and then pull the rug out later. The DiMeras are a hive of jealousy, scum, and villainry. Chad is slowly going to the dark side.

So EJ can call Kristen? I would think that the Salem PD would like to know about it.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Nicole looked pretty today. Poor Henry the Blanket should be a lot more active now, close to crawling and almost walking. At least he gets to spend the day with Grandpa Lucas.  I don't remember if Sami has ever thanked Nicole for helping out Allie and the baby. Guess not. She's too busy trying to find dirt on her. Lucas really doesn't do secrets all that well. He just made Nicole a bit suspicious.

Rafe and Ava and really anyone else is not very interesting or exciting. More normal, every day little drama relationships. How long can Ava keep being a nice person who wants to change? She knows Nicole's secret and yeah, she will use it against her to keep Rafe.

Who helped poor, blind Kate get dressed up, did her hair, her nails, her makeup?

Thought Kate would vote for Jake and then pull the rug out later. The DiMeras are a hive of jealousy, scum, and villainry. Chad is slowly going to the dark side.

So EJ can call Kristen? I would think that the Salem PD would like to know about it.

I thought Rafe, the brick, dreaming of Nicole was cute, as well. Don’t want them as a couple, as Rafe tends to make every relationship excessively boring. And wish Ava or Sami would just out Nicole’s secret. Eric is boring too, and I need them to be OVER. Like NOW. Nicole will figure out the Lucas/Sami scandal, so that may be fun. Ej either already knows. If not..he will find out. 

I was delighted Kate voted against Jake right away! That was awesome. So I’m expecting she may change her mind or something, because, you know, Days. 🙄

I still want Kate to play with Jake/Gabi because he deserves it, and Gabi vs. Kate might be fun. But not for long. Please

And Kristen even voting is such an asinine idea, felon on the run gets a vote? And for all the obvious reasons.  😖

• Love 7
(edited)

So EJ thought he might be able to change Steven Hawk's mind??  Really???

I expect Steven knows by now that Uncle EJ and dear old Grampa Stefano threatened to have him and his mother killed if Benjy didn't let his dear old dad Stefano have his liver, that Stefano killed his grandmother and wasn't it Andre who killed Benjy??  He thought the guy would vote for HIM?  

Stefano's real legacy was that he was a murderous and cruel sonofabitch.  Every time they start reminiscing about dear old dad I wish they'd remember he was more than willing to use his beloved offspring for spare parts.

I'd have his portrait hung in the downstairs bathroom right above the commode with Stefano's favorite reading material, Jokes for the John, right next to it.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 11
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, Rafael said:

... Ava has now become totally pointless on the canvas. 

And this is different from Ava's usual sort of pointlessness how, again?

I keep thinking there's a pun to be made about the Original Shin of this show, but I can't get the bat off my shoulder.

• LOL 8
21 hours ago, boes said:

These days the Daytime Emmys are just as valuable an indicator of talent as deciding which gas station has the best sushi.

Yep there are plenty of other actors who haven't won an Emmy yet I think are better. Plus winning an Emmy doesn't guarantee longevity on a soap either. 

• Love 3

So there was an episode Friday?  It was interrupted here.

On 6/25/2021 at 9:49 AM, Retired at last said:

Sami is married to a DiMera, but why would Belle get a vote?

I thought along with the money Sami stole from Stefano that she also had company stock ... which she then split with Belle.  My viewing over the last few years has been sporadic and my memory is not great anyway, so maybe the stock part never happened or it did happen and was then retconned?  

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/26/2021 at 8:12 AM, boes said:

So EJ thought he might be able to change Steven Hawk's mind??  Really???

I expect Steven knows by now that Uncle EJ and dear old Grampa Stefano threatened to have him and his mother killed if Benjy didn't let his dear old dad Stefano have his liver, that Stefano killed his grandmother and wasn't it Andre who killed Benjy??  He thought the guy would vote for HIM?  

Stefano's real legacy was that he was a murderous and cruel sonofabitch.  Every time they start reminiscing about dear old dad I wish they'd remember he was more than willing to use his beloved offspring for spare parts.

I'd have his portrait hung in the downstairs bathroom right above the commode with Stefano's favorite reading material, Jokes for the John, right next to it.

Carlivati once again failing miserably  when it comes to utilising the show's history.

I can see Stefano leaving money for Steven in his will as restitution for Benjy's death at the hands of Andre . But for Steven to actually be a shareholder of DiMera enterprises is madness . Lets not forget that Benjy was raised by his grandfatber Orion Hawk ,who was Stefano's goon . And he also trained John and Shane's twin ,Drew Donovan  to be master spies and assasins.if there was a man who can  tell Benjy and Sonja about Stefanos true depth of evil ,it is Orion and no doubt Sonja would have later told Steven about Stefano's evil capabilities as well. 

After all this ,I highly doubt Steven would even want to have anything to do with the DiMeras despite being a bio DiMera. Especially after how EJ treated Benjy with Stefano enabling all of it . 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

So there was an episode Friday?  It was interrupted here.

I thought along with the money Sami stole from Stefano that she also had company stock ... which she then split with Belle.  My viewing over the last few years has been sporadic and my memory is not great anyway, so maybe the stock part never happened or it did happen and was then retconned?  

You know .as far as I know ,Sami looted the Offshore DiMera bank accounts after EJ left her the passwords after he died . She gave half of the loot to Belle . But Belle gave up her loot to Chad I think before departing for Hong Kong. I still say Belle and Shawn's impending divorce should have been caused by the DiMera Loot . With Shawn appalled that Belle has suggested they use the loot to upgrade their lives knowing the loot was made via many awful crimes .  Shawn can accuse her of trying to recreate the lifestyle she enjoyed when she was married to rich boy Philip Kiriakis.

then that can cause friction and infighting between them. All caused by the DiMera loot instead of Belle cheating on Shawn . 

As for the DiMera stock and shares. Perhaps Chad put the entire half of Belle's loot into the company and thus he then simply regarded that as an investment and so Belle ended up being a shareholder.  

Edited by Rafael
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Was I the only one yelling at the screen "What about Abe?" He would have Lexi's vote as her widower. 

Theo didn't inherit Lexi's vote. He and Steven have their own vote. They are older than Johnnie and Sydney. I'm guessing 25 is the age limit. 

Technically, Benjy' s wife would have a vote as his widow.

I think the Abe direction would of been interesting considering he used to work at Dimera, and is on good terms with Chad and Tony. He also could of abstained or given his vote to Theo.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

Did anyone notice Gabi's flub while talking to Steven? She is Steven's aunt not his sister in law. 

No, but hahaha. Gabi and Jake have no idea who the DiMera family is.  That’s why she needs outta the D’mansion.

If she insists on being with STAKE((Stefan-Jake).. then they need to go somewhere..like an island..maybe find Sarah and redeem themselves. Because they really suck. That would be the only way I’d have the teeniest bit of respect for them

Not to mention she works for Kiriakis.. Philip needs to fire her ass and quick!

I really don’t mind Gabi and her spunk, but this storyline needs to END NOW!!

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Did anyone notice Gabi's flub while talking to Steven? She is Steven's aunt not his sister in law. 

Another Epic by fail brought to you  by Carlivati 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 2

Ava knows how to cook something besides Italian?

Jake should go work for Titan.

Well, Kate, you brought this on yourself.

Oh, Andre do you really think they're going to be able to work together?

Don't all of the stock holders have to approve a new CEO?

If Rafe doesn't want to keep Duke, he could give it to Nicole, she hasn't shared custody for quite a while.

• Love 6

I can't believe an entire story line is being wasted on Rafe and Nicole's joke shared custody of a bear. Does Eli not have anything better to do? Jesus, what an absolute waste of about half the show today.

I do appreciate we're seemingly moving on with this stupid Kate blindness bullshit.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

I can't believe an entire story line is being wasted on Rafe and Nicole's joke shared custody of a bear. Does Eli not have anything better to do? 

He is married to Lani. Of course, he doesn't.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

So, we're going with the old "bickering brothers try to run the company together" storyline, which has been worn bare since JR and Bobby tried it on Dallas. I'm sure this will work. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Chad. Why on earth would EJ go through all this to put you back as CEO? Sometimes you are just too dumb to live.

Oh joy, the return of Angry Jake. Kate should've smacked his lame ass with her cane.  So the blindness story is over, she's going to yell at him and Gabi for a while and then...? I don't get her endgame. I'm glad it's over tho.

1 hour ago, RedElf said:

NO. Keep him away from Philip, I still like Philip.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

Oh hell no!! Jake sucks and would run that into the ground as well.  That’s the last thing I need. He doesn’t have the brains for this type of job..he should go back to doing whatever  he was doing before he found out he was a “Di’Mera.  And  if he’s so in love with Gabs..they should start their own business.

philip should also fire Gabi‘a ass, ASAP.

could see her giving Jake inside info to get back in.  Because it’s the o my way he can compete.

kate played this well. And I am sooo glad this blind hoax is over. I think Jake got what he deserved. If he was up front with Kate from the get, faced it like a man, I’d maybe feel a tiny bit bad for him.
Let’s move on now please.

Unfortunately, that won’t happen

• Love 7
(edited)

How does Jake have to hand over his badge and leave just when voted out? He's still a Dimera board member. If we didn't allow people who were voted out allowed in, how are Chad and Gabi in there?

Kate talking to Stefano's painting as her love? 

Good god a stuffed bear conversation.

Chad thought EJ did all this to give the company back to Chad who handed it to Jake in the first place and is blinded/ manipulated by the nanny. 

Let's see if EJ gets this letter from Kristen. Who looks like she's in the Dimera mansion.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 6

Nicole, ask Rafe to put a bug in to Duke, put him in Henry's baby cart, and Lucas and Sami can talk in to the bugged bear. You will get the dirt on them. Of course Sami is not making you a peace offering and won't butt in. Continue to find your own evidence for her.

Ava could open a shop next to sweet bits and have some takeout business. It must be boring to stay home and be a housewife. Yeah, sure, invite Nicole for dinner. Let her feel like a third wheel. Rafe still has unresolved feelings for her or something.

Jake would still be a stakeholder. He would have someone from DiMera or a security person with him to clean out his office. How would anyone know what his personal items are?

Chad, do you seriously think that EJ came back to give the DiMera reins back to you? You are in a vulnerable place right now with your marriage and other personal details. Tony, you know that the two brothers cannot run DiMera together. EJ will squash Chad like a mosquito.

Kate, you did all this to yourself. The days of your Dolce and Gabbana jacket may be coming to an end. At least the blindness gig won't be going on much longer.

Hello Kristen. Only a few weeks of no-see.

• Love 9
(edited)

Couple thoughts about today's episode. 

When they told Jake he was out, why didn't Gabi use that as an opportunity to tell everyone that they also were out - of HER house?  Why is she letting them all stay there when they've made it obvious they have no intention of supporting her or Jake?

Abe and Paulina have absolutely no chemistry whatsoever.  Maybe the fact that they're forced to act like teenagers who just had sex for the first time in their lives is the reason.  

Eli really needs to start finding other people to interact with.  Between Lani and Rafe, they've managed to suck every bit of interest out of him.

Ava apparently has no desire to ever support herself again.  She has somehow decided that the fact that Rafe lets her live there means that she can be completely dependent on him.

The ONLY good things about today's episode was Lumi and the fact that at least we're over the stupid fake blindness plot.

Edited by DaphneCat
Spelling
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

Couple thoughts about today's episode. 

When they told Jake he was out, why didn't Gabi use that as an opportunity to tell everyone that they also were out - of HER house?  Why is she letting them all stay there when they've made it obvious they have no intention of supporting her or Jake?

Abe and Paulina have absolutely no chemistry whatsoever.  Maybe the fact that they're forced to act like teenagers who just had sex for the first time in their lives is the reason.  

Eli really needs to start finding other people to interact with.  Between Lani and Rafe, they've managed to suck every bit of interest out of him.

Ava apparently has no desire to ever support herself again.  She has somehow decided that the fact that Rafe lets her live there means that she can be completely dependent on him.

The ONLY good things about today's episode was Lumi and the fact that at least we're over the stupid fake blindness plot.

As much as I despise Jake..and don’t think Gabi should have ownership of the DiMera house..I agree! She should have stood up and said 

GET OUUTTT!!(Amityville Horror style) 

Although, why they would support her and Jake is beyond me. I was absolutely delighted that Kate voted against, and even more  relieved she finally revealed her fake blindness. Jake didn’t deserve her support ..because if he truly loved Gabi, he would have told Kate from the get..regardless of her “trauma”’ 

CHAD…Could care less what happens to that dweeb.

Abe and Paulina.. pointless fluff

same with domestic HW Ava and the never ending clueless Rafe 

Eli’s best interaction is w/Chanel..always catching a glimpse. Too bad they blame her for his stupidity.

Lumi scenes are Gold!! Always 

• Love 7

A story whose main participants is a man approaching 50 and a woman not that far behind and it's about a goddam stuffed animal?  Hell, Rafe already has the IQ of a stuffed animal and simpering Nicole is closing the gap with him on tedious.  Unless she plans to rip its head off and stuff it in Rafe's mouth this just has to end.  It's almost as bad as that Teddy Bears picnic sex scene with Abe and Paulina.  

I see Kristen is hiding out in the same room El Fedeo kept Chloe.  Which was the same room Theresa was in at the castle in Italy when she confronted Kristen about her stolen baby.  

Maybe this time Kristen can kidnap that damn stuffed bear.

• LOL 19
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, boes said:

Maybe this time Kristen can kidnap that damn stuffed bear.

Or the stuffed bear can come to life, a la Ted, and eat Kristen whole. It would be for the greater good.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

As much as I despise Jake..and don’t think Gabi should have ownership of the DiMera house..I agree! She should have stood up and said 

GET OUUTTT!!(Amityville Horror style) 

I agree 100%. I absolutely hate that Gabi owns the mansion simply because she was married to a DiMera for a minute, but after the crap the DiMeras just pulled it would only be natural for her to kick them ALL out and change the locks. Gabi has no love for any of the DiMeras, so there's no reason for her to allow them to stay. She needs to evict them or ownership needs to revert back to a blood DiMera, because having them all live together after this makes zero sense. 

• Love 12

Hey, Kate, Gabi is the CEO of an international corporation, while you're an unemployed, loveless woman who lives in the woman you hate's house at her will.

I guess the time when Chad jumped in front of a bullet to save EJ is forgotten.

Why does Eli feel that he wouldn't be fun on their anniversary?  I know he's just surprising Lani, but why would she believe that?

• Love 6
(edited)

So Paulina is allowed to run her project carte blanche, with no supervision or monitoring  by municipal authorities and no accountability to the city? In real life at least the Urban Planning and Urban Development Services would be heavily involved, asking to see plans, regular updates, contracts, etc.

But here she can do what the hell she wants with no outside interference and go ahead with her big plans, which probably include bulldozing the Sacred Tom&Alice Shrine.

They probably are working on the logic that one can always fully trust a promoter/developer.  😉

Salem is really the worst-run city possible.

Now the mayor is sleeping with her, opening himself up to accusations of conflict of interests. Not that it would be the first time Abe would put himself in that position.

DiMera Enteprises has a very unusual governance structure. They seem to have two boards, one made up only of DiMeras (by birth, adoption or marriage) and which took the vote to remove Jake, perhaps acting as a sort of executive committee.

However there is that other board Chin often refers to and which has in the past appointed the CEO; that one is made up of shareholders according to what he said yesterday. Overlapping powers? Or lack of consistency on the part of the writers?

Tony has been made a fool just to make him the instrument that brings about the shared CEO scheme. We know how well that worked out with Zander and Philip.

EJ had a good line yesterday when he said you only become a true DiMera once you get stabbed in the back by another family member.

18 hours ago, Artsda said:

How does Jake have to hand over his badge and leave just when voted out?

It's standard operating procedure when an executive is dismissed. The idea is not giving them a chance to abscond with sensitive papers or proprietary material. And being a board member does not give you full access to the company building like real full-time employees have. At least that is how it works in a well-run company.

Edited by wurdalak
  • Love 10
24 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Hey, Kate, Gabi is the CEO of an international corporation, while you're an unemployed, loveless woman who lives in the woman you hate's house at her will.

Thank you.

Jake's freak out was hilarious. I felt that lol.

I still wish they'd move Gabi out of Jake's orbit though. They do not work at all for me. Jake only really works for me when he's with Gwen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Why are Lani and Eli on this show? They bring nothing. Zzzzzzzz

I would keep Eli, he is just gorgeous and Lani needs to just run away with that horrid Kristen and just call it a day.  Eli could raise his twins in peace.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

It looks like Allie Is on to something going on between her parents.  She will probably blab that to Nicole.  
   Chad was in a room with EJ and Chad was the biggest jerk in the room.  That’s talent.   
 channel looked really pretty today. Purple suits her.  Her lipstick was perfect too.  

A mechanic is a honest respectful job.   The show should stop putting those jobs down. 

all that I did enjoy Kate revealing herself 

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Why are Lani and Eli on this show? They bring nothing. Zzzzzzzz

They are the token black characters of the show for the younger crowd. Plus they seem to be popular with the audience. I mean they're not my cup of tea either but there's hardly anyone on this show that brings much of anything these days except Jarlena and their family at best.

• Love 2
(edited)

I normally love a good family corporate war.  Guiding Light has done them well.  Another World.  Santa Barbara.  Y&R. The thing about a corporate war/coup/espionage is that these stories rely on character development/buildup probably more than almost any other kind of soap story out there as that's what viewers connect to more than stock options.  Other stories, like affairs or even murder mysteries can sometimes be saved by a truly well written denouement because that's easier to understand.  I don't care how good the writing is of the main moment, corporate stories are not one of those things that can be rescued last minute, IMO.

You need at least two compelling sides of people who truly want to own/run/sabotage a company.  Those can be two sides of a family (Jasper Jax working with Tracy Quartermaine on GH).  Or they can be the corporate raider who stuns a family by attacking a weakness (Robert Barr on Santa Barbara).  Viewers can be pulled in both directions. 

That's not what we got here. Tony, EJ and Chad were prancing as if they had just overturned the evil empire.  But Jake didn't get his job through some grand scheme, for the most part.  He "aww shucks'd" his way into the role because EJ couldn't be bothered with his wife or his family company while he was on the mend and Chad was too busy blowing up his marriage to focus on DE.  Jake filled a leadership gap but I never truly got the sense that he was overly caught up in the role beyond the fact that it made him feel like he was more a part of the family.

There was a lot of talk about the "state in which Jake left DiMera" but there was never any hint that there was something wrong with DE.  In fact, does this show realize it's undermining Kate by implying there was since Kate was basically Jake's advisor? 

Meanwhile, they keep talking like Jake loved this job but did he....did he really?  He did it.  He might have liked it.  I just don't know that he'd love it so much that he'd lose his mind over losing it. 

So it's really hard to care that Jake loses his job or get excited that EJ and Chad have regained it. 

Meanwhile, Kate's revenge plot still doesn't work.  She acts like this was some sort of wickedly clever plot but it wasn't.  Even as I'm left unconvinced how much Jake cares about being the CEO, voting to remove him from that position was the true "revenge" move but she didn't create the opportunity nor did she need to be pretend blind for it to happen. Now Kate organizing the coup over Tony would have been more interesting than this fake blindness. 

And whatever the silly script is trying to tell us, BB sold his apology 100X more than LK (who I normally like) sold being angry or truly upset over losing Jake. 

But hey, Kate is now in bed with the man who knows where his sister, the woman who tried to kill her, is hiding.  Way to go. 

I'm not sure where this goes but there has to be another step in this DE/sibling rivalry story.  This stuff fell flat, however.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 8

I need this secret to come out already because if I have to hear once again Lucas and Sami having the same conversation, I will punch my tv.

I always hated Lucas and this whole storyline hasn't changed my mind.

After what Ron did AJ on GH, he needs to quit any attempt at fat jokes. They are not funny in the least.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Ron is about as subtle as a wreaking ball with this animosity between EJ and Chad. When EJ and Sami implode he's going to have EJ become conflict between Chad and Abigail.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, Sidney said:

Ron is about as subtle as a wreaking ball with this animosity between EJ and Chad. When EJ and Sami implode he's going to have EJ become conflict between Chad and Abigail.

Let’s hope so 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

They are the token black characters of the show for the younger crowd. Plus they seem to be popular with the audience. 

Are they popular with the audience though? I’ve visited difference message boards and there is overwhelming sentiment that they are boring. As for being the token black characters, I believe you are onto something. But they shouldn’t stay simply because of their race. I mean, Paulina and Chanel are charismatic, and they are black. Not all characters need to stay simply because they are black.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, RedElf said:

Mostly not true. I know we hear all the time about how well Gabi Chic is doing, but would it be considered an international corporation? Even if it is, Kate isn't loveless or unemployed. They may not be together, but Roman's in love with her plus she's got the love of her kids. And even before the offer to work with Chad and EJ today, she wasn't unemployed. I think what she referenced today about putting Jake ahead of herself was because she quit her job with Abe because Jake repeatedly begged her to work with him at DE.

Gabi hasn't annoyed me as much lately, and I loathe EJ, but I kind of would have loved it if Gabi attempted to throw everyone out of the house and EJ and the rest of them announced they'd reacquired the house (I don't care how unrealistically it would happen) and threw them out instead.

Jake's literal tantrum was so embarrassing. I don't care that he realized how ridiculous he was being, it was still super cringe-y to watch. 

Are they popular with the audience though? I’ve visited difference message boards and there is overwhelming sentiment that they are boring.

Internet message board activity doesn't necessarily speak to popularity, especially considering how few people are on it compared to offline viewers who never visit a message board.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Are they popular with the audience though? I’ve visited difference message boards and there is overwhelming sentiment that they are boring. As for being the token black characters, I believe you are onto something. But they shouldn’t stay simply because of their race. I mean, Paulina and Chanel are charismatic, and they are black. Not all characters need to stay simply because they are black.

Rafe is still around and when it comes to boring, he sets the gold standard. Not to mention Roman, and AFAIC John and Marlene aren't lighting any fires either.  Then there's Allie and Tripp......

If you go by 'boring' as a standard you'll soon be left with nobody but that damned bear.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
Just now, boes said:

Rafe is still around and when it comes to boring, he sets the gold standard. Not to mention Roman, and AFAIC John and Marlene aren't lighting any fires either.  Then there's Allie and Tripp......

If you go by 'boring' as a standard you'll soon be left with nobody but that damned bear.

I would actually love if they got rid of Rafe, Tripp, and Allie. All are boring. All I’m saying is someone shouldn’t stay based on their race, but based on if they are interesting or not. Lani and Eli aren’t interesting. They just happen to be black. Paulina and Chanel are interesting.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Mostly not true. I know we hear all the time about how well Gabi Chic is doing, but would it be considered an international corporation? Even if it is, Kate isn't loveless or unemployed. They may not be together, but Roman's in love with her plus she's got the love of her kids. And even before the offer to work with Chad and EJ today, she wasn't unemployed. I think what she referenced today about putting Jake ahead of herself was because she quit her job with Abe because Jake repeatedly begged her to work with him at DE.

Gabi hasn't annoyed me as much lately, and I loathe EJ, but I kind of would have loved it if Gabi attempted to throw everyone out of the house and EJ and the rest of them announced they'd reacquired the house (I don't care how unrealistically it would happen) and threw them out instead.

Jake's literal tantrum was so embarrassing. I don't care that he realized how ridiculous he was being, it was still super cringe-y to watch. 

Internet message board activity doesn't necessarily speak to popularity, especially considering how few people are on it compared to offline viewers who never visit a message board.

Yep! Gabi Chic is/was failing. She was lucky Philip brought her on after the “love of her life” totally rejected her. And her embarrassing attempts to get backJake makes her accusations of Kate weak. She’s in no position to throw “pathetic” around. Although Kate and Jake pairing..ridiculous. Why Gabi would even want him is beyond me. Still, it would have been very entertaining to see Gabi throw everyone out on their asses, only to find Jake flee, as well, because he can’t handle being a DiMera. Leaving Gabi all alone in her unearned mansion , having Stefano’s portrait  staring, sneering at her !!

At this rate, I see future Gabi , everything she accuses Kate of being.

jake deserves to be ousted. Did not buy his “apology “for a second. He was just embarrassed as he should be.

As mentioned up thread, there’s no shame in being a mechanic. In fact, it’s a more respectable job than faking CEO, not knowing what the hell you’re doing.

Do what you know, and love what you do.

still, can’t stand the character, tho.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 4