Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
CatLady

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, RedElf said:

The wall that the electric plug was attached to shook when Shawn plugged it back in.

Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin

Today was enjoyable. Not much to say really but it entertained me. My fave part was probably Phillip's reaction to Belle pulling the plug on Jan.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I still can not figure out what Paulina is up to...is it some kind of revenge plot?  Meanwhile, here in Indy, the show was interrupted at at 1:20 for President Biden's news conference...so I missed what Happened on Steve/Kayla's dinner with Justin/Bonnie? :)

Steve wasn't thrilled to act like he's cool with Bonnie and that he pretty much thought she was trying to be an Adrienne imposter. 

This is why its good to have OnDemand so I don't have to watch this sort of thing live. Indy never fails to interrupt Days.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

thought today’s episode was a bust. Abe  and Roman? Could they bore us any more?

Rafe could have joined them?

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I thought today’s episode was a bust. Abe  and Roman? Could they bore us any more?

Oh God, don't give Show a challenge like that.

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, boes said:

I don't care how they do it but just make this the real Adrienne.

THIS. And I don't give even a quarter of a shit that Steve was an ass to Bonnie. Adrienne was his beloved SISTER, and to see an identical impostor trying to swoop in on HER life must REALLY irk Steve, rightfully.

It's just too bad that Jack is stuck in the Vortex of Suck that is Gwen and cannot be involved here, too, since Adrienne was also HIS sister. But God forbid Ron focus on REAL character history instead of wastes of oxygen like Gwen.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

Bonnie Lockhart gives Steve and Kayla her "I am what I am, and what I am, needs no excuses" song and dance number from La Cage aux Folles, take 15.

No matter how many times Ron recycles Bonnie spewing the same crap it's not going to change what a waste of space this storyline is.  Steve is right, Kayla should back him up, Justin looks utterly pathetic and Bonnie is trash.  What part of "She impersonated Adrienne and sent her to prison" does Justin NOT REMEMBER?  

Paulina is a taste I'm just not acquiring.  Jackee Harry mugs through every scene like there's a cream pie heading for her face momentarily.   She huffs, Abe chuckles, and from this a romance is being made?  

I did love Belle pulling the plug on Jan, just too bad it got plugged back in so fast.  At the very least I hope she sneaks back in to her room and puts full clown makeup on Jan's face.  And clown shoes!  

Let's see her sneak around when she's out of her coma in that outfit.

 

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

I half expected Jan to open her eyes at the end and smile. All those monitors are complicated and a good nurse/doctor will notice she is not in a coma. I did like Belle pulling the plug.

Not really in to Roman and Abe.

Not sure how I feel about Paulina. I do like Jackee. Doubt that Tripp and Chanel would last for more than a couple of dates, at least right now. Don't think she wanted to meet yet another Horton.

Steve doesn't have to like Bonnie or Justin's involvement with her. Justin is a grown man and can make his life choices.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Kate has had great plastic surgery! Can’t believe her actual age. Maybe chock full of hormones too, that makes a big difference. Hair and make are good too. Nose job is iffy. But surprised she never fixed her messed up teeth. They are becoming more crooked as she ages. 

Saw Lauren Koslow on a late-night Silk Stalkings repeat on Pluto TV a night or two ago. It was from 1993 and I swear Lauren Koslow does not look that much different than she did then (playing another doomed friend of Rita's; LK played a cop turned high-class call girl, of all things! Almost all of Rita's friends bit it on that show. LOL!).

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

This is why its good to have OnDemand so I don't have to watch this sort of thing live. Indy never fails to interrupt Days.

Michigan interrupts too. Even if our Governor has something to say 😖🥱

I have cable, however, on  demand , won’t let me fast forward 😫

that’s a problem!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, boes said:

Bonnie Lockhart gives Steve and Kayla her "I am what I am, and what I am, needs no excuses" song and dance number from La Cage aux Folles, take 15.

No matter how many times Ron recycles Bonnie spewing the same crap it's not going to change what a waste of space this storyline is.  Steve is right, Kayla should back him up, Justin looks utterly pathetic and Bonnie is trash.  What part of "She impersonated Adrienne and sent her to prison" does Justin NOT REMEMBER?  

Paulina is a taste I'm just not acquiring.  Jackee Harry mugs through every scene like there's a cream pie heading for her face momentarily.   She huffs, Abe chuckles, and from this a romance is being made?  

I did love Belle pulling the plug on Jan, just too bad it got plugged back in so fast.  At the very least I hope she sneaks back in to her room and puts full clown makeup on Jan's face.  And clown shoes!  

Let's see her sneak around when she's out of her coma in that outfit.

 

Bonnie : could never not see Adrienne. And that irritates me. Does the actress maybe have more fun playing Bonnie? Idk.. but it would be nice if they did a switcharoo and made it that whoopsie..Bonnie IS actually Adrienne!! Easy peezy! 

Justin: I see this as days dumbing down all the men. Like Jack!!! Brady!!!

some have always been clueless..Shawn D! RAFE!! Jake!

Im not feeling Paulina either. I just don’t have the energy.

I’d like to see more of Jan. Having them all interacting, sans kidnapping and all that jazz.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/16/2021 at 5:44 AM, chediavolo said:

That house looks worse than it did before the redo! It is fugly!!🤮🤮 Is that Abbies doing? What is that style called? Thrift shop Dracula’s castle?

I'd guess Gabi did it.  Her clothing and fashion style is abominably hideous, so why not move to horrific interior design, too?

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

All those monitors are complicated and a good nurse/doctor will notice she is not in a coma. 

Well then there's clearly no good nurses/doctors because Jan already faked a coma. Are there any people in Salem that are good at their job lol?

Quote

Steve doesn't have to like Bonnie or Justin's involvement with her. Justin is a grown man and can make his life choices.

Exactly. Like if Justin wants to date Bonnie then fine but Steve shouldn't have to like her and Justin shouldn't care if he doesn't. It's like Jack and Gwen, if Jack wants a relationship with Gwen that's fine (and understandable) and Abigail should be able to continue to hate her. But Abigail also shouldn't be spending her days with Jack whining about him giving Gwen a chance and Steve shouldn't spend his time with Justin telling him Bonnie sucks. It's like why can everyone in Salem just be like 'Oh well, Ciara's dating a serial killer, who cares' but be bogged down by these relationships lol?

12 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

Does the actress have more fun playing Bonnie?

Yea. And Ron has a lot more fun writing for her than Adrienne. And like, I get it and I enjoy Bonnie, but this is ridiculous.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, RedElf said:

The wall that the electric plug was attached to shook when Shawn plugged it back in.

If Jan was faking it, she wouldn't have reacted if the ventilator was turned off.

I saw that too, but it was also clearly not even attempting to be attached to anything else.  I guess it was just a freestanding panel, like a giant surge-protector?  It also has to have some battery backup or something to keep the machines going in a power outage. 🤷‍♀️

You're right, and her vital signs wouldn't have changed.  I wasn't paying close enough attention to see if they did or not.  Belle could have been watching those.  If she wasn't faking, then her oxygen would have gone down at least, and she would have flatlined eventually... Shawn was faster than that to ever happen though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Lots of kissing & romance in the show today :) But, for me, the only couple who really 'sold it" were Wally & Judy(Justin&Bonnie)....those 2 always have chemistry.  I was a fan of the young Justin/Adrienne storyline...I just adored them & the 'rich boy/poor girl" aspect.  Bonnie makes me roll my eyes, but Judy & Wally still have it & I loved their romantic scene today.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

A lot of kissing today and NO chemistry with any of them. What a boring episode!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

5 min. into today's ep and I am so sick of hearing about Chanel and Allie's kiss.  Enough already. It's not that big of a deal, show.

 

And Bonnie and her tears can just go away. Forever.

Ugh. Just saw Justin tell Bonnie he loves her. Me: Oh, Jesus Christ. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

It feels like every show we hear about Allie and Chanel’s kiss.  Then Chanel explains her not believing in labels.  It’s getting old. It’s not that big of a deal.  
  Although I thought Paulina at first was upset at Allie and Chanel going into business together and possible relationship.  Which would make sense.  I don’t know that I buy Chanel not sharing who she is with her mom till now.  
   Claire is so fixated on Ben it’s become embarrassing.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

11 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Michigan interrupts too. Even if our Governor has something to say 😖🥱

I have cable, however, on  demand , won’t let me fast forward 😫

that’s a problem!

Weird mine does let me FF parts of Days(except the ads that show up occassionally). GH OTOH I can't FF anything.

I used to live in Michigan literally across the from the state building so this surprises me since that wasn't the case when I lived there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Weird mine does let me FF parts of Days(except the ads that show up occassionally). GH OTOH I can't FF anything.

I used to live in Michigan literally across the from the state building so this surprises me since that wasn't the case when I lived there. 

We have wow. I’m surprised that it won’t let me ff a local station. Some on demand I can ff. But w/Days, which there are many scenes I wish I could, no can do. With the DVR. I can.Hate that!

anyway

finally got to watch it. And the scene with Shawn..”Belle..please tell me ya didn’t pull that plug, Lolz, why would she not????

all the other stuff 🥱🥱🥱

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

That was a dull show today.

It is Pride month, and the pronouns and Paulina asking her daughter in public about whether she is gay or what was a bit embarrassing. Chanel is pretty open and comfortable talking with her mother, but there are a lot of people out there who cannot talk to their parents or even friends in this sort of way. Chanel is lucky that she can say that she is fluid.

Yeah, Ben, set the divorce papers on fire. There will be another set, as Rafe told you. And no, you should not be at the cabin. Claire should be focusing on her own life and not yours. Yes, be a friend and be supportive. That is it.

The Bonnie/Steve/Justin arguing at the restaurant was poor. You do not have to like Justin's girlfriend. Yes, it is complicated that she is a doppelganger for your sister. There is a time and a place and embarrassing both her and Justin was wrong. At least Justin told Bonnie he loved her.

Ava, are you Rafe's cook or what? Maybe find some sort of job to get something going on in your life besides him. I wouldn't be too happy if people kept visiting me without calling to let me know. Once in a while, sure, and if they are outside and wave for me to visit, but it's not that often.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Poor, poor Bonnie.  Why can't people see that she's changed??  I mean, she has!  She hasn't harmed a hair on Adrienne's  head recently, had she?  Of course it helps that Adrienne's dead.

She's a Saint and Martyr - just ask her.  Maybe Justin should take her to visit his sons, I'm sure they'd welcome her with open arms.  If this is what Show intends to do with Justin, he can move to Port Charles permanently.  

Kayla is only going along with this because she's feeling guilty about Justin.  Maybe their next double date can be with Rafe and Ava.

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, tribeca said:

   Claire is so fixated on Ben it’s become embarrassing.  

It is embarrassing.

Makes me wish Belle and Shawn had another kid because this one just isn't working out.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, boes said:

It is embarrassing.

Makes me wish Belle and Shawn had another kid because this one just isn't working out.

Nothing stopping them from talking to their daughter and note that she has nothing to do each day, no life structure.. She used to want to do music. What happened to that? Titan has the executive program, she can finish her college degree, get a paying job or volunteer somewhere a couple of days a week. Chanel and Allie May need help at the new bake shop. 
 

Ben does work as a mechanic. Folks want their vehicles to be fixed within a reasonable amount of time. Not have the mechanic take endless personal days to deal with his love life.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Chad doesn't care what Kate is doing to Gabi, because Gabi drugged Abby. Yet Chad goes to check up on Gwen and pushes Abby to make amends? Gabi is better than Gwen. 

And who is he to judge 2 single people on what they're doing in Gabi's house. Lol Kate shouldn't be moving in there to begin with. 

Lucas is so pathetic he needs to rent a room from Roman over the Pub? 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Lucas is so pathetic he needs to rent a room from Roman over the Pub? 

I was thinking the same thing. A man his age who has a super rich mother and probably money of his own, doesn’t have a home or an apartment of his own?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I have a sneaking suspicion that EJ knows about Sami and Lucas.

Chad is a dick. Gabi should tell Chad he can move out.

Do they hand out white canes at the hospital?

EJ should at least meet Jake and talk to him before deciding to make him an enemy.

 

 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, RedElf said:

Chad is a dick. Gabi should tell Chad he can move out.

I know!  Regardless of how anyone feels about it, it is her house.  Maybe he should move out and take Kate with him.  I'm glad she told him to go fix his own messed up relationship.

And then he talked about how Stefan violated his wife when she was suffering from mental illness.  Pick a lane.  It's an affair when he wants to punish (and cheat on) his wife; it's rape when he wants to disparage his dead brother.

I don't know if the show is trying to create a big corporate drama story by having Tony, EJ and Chad join up to boot Jake but, because Jake as Dimera CEO feels like a lightweight afterthought for the show and not a formidable opponent, it feels kind of lame.  So I hope there's some kind of twist. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The Bonnie/Steve/Justin arguing at the restaurant was poor. You do not have to like Justin's girlfriend. Yes, it is complicated that she is a doppelganger for your sister. There is a time and a place and embarrassing both her and Justin was wrong. At least Justin told Bonnie he loved her.

I'm re-watching the Vampire Diaries series so for a little while, for me, doppelganger = Elena/Katherine.

14 hours ago, boes said:

It is embarrassing.

Makes me wish Belle and Shawn had another kid because this one just isn't working out.

Whatever happened to the in vitro mixup when Belle was married to Phillip and Shawn was married to (Mimi?) ?  The mixup was that instead of the fertilized zygote being the child of Belle and Phillip, it was Belle and Shawn's kid. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

48 minutes ago, RedElf said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that EJ knows about Sami and Lucas.

Oh yea, I'll be shocked if he doesn't already know.

36 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

And then he talked about how Stefan violated his wife when she was suffering from mental illness.  Pick a lane.  It's an affair when he wants to punish (and cheat on) his wife; it's rape when he wants to disparage his dead brother.

Seriously. 

Chad sucks but I enjoy watching him SO much more when he's being an absolute dick rather than when they're trying to make him seem like a romantic hero.

A lot of fun stuff today.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Artsda said:

Chad doesn't care what Kate is doing to Gabi, because Gabi drugged Abby. Yet Chad goes to check up on Gwen and pushes Abby to make amends? Gabi is better than Gwen. 

And who is he to judge 2 single people on what they're doing in Gabi's house. Lol Kate shouldn't be moving in there to begin with. 

Lucas is so pathetic he needs to rent a room from Roman over the Pub? 

I disagree that Gabi belongs there more than Kate or Chad, regardless that she is the owner now, with her contrived way to get ownership 

Everyone who resides there has more right, in my humble opinion, to be there than Gabi. 

Gabi and Gwen are 50-50 in my eyes.They both do  what they want, to who they want, to get what they want. However, I see no reason for Abby to make amends. That’s up to her. I’m not defending Chad, but he has a point regarding Gabi and Jake.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

 

Seriously. 

Chad sucks but I enjoy watching him SO much more when he's being an absolute dick rather than when they're trying to make him seem like a romantic hero.

Exactly.

I’d rather everyone stays at the diMansion. It will be fun watching Gabi screw with Kate. And Kate  with Gabi, And other shenanigans!

Bring it on! I’m sick of being bored

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

I'm re-watching the Vampire Diaries series so for a little while, for me, doppelganger = Elena/Katherine.

Whatever happened to the in vitro mixup when Belle was married to Phillip and Shawn was married to (Mimi?) ?  The mixup was that instead of the fertilized zygote being the child of Belle and Phillip, it was Belle and Shawn's kid. 

Lol..that’s what’s wrong with Claire. 😬

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I was thinking the same thing. A man his age who has a super rich mother and probably money of his own, doesn’t have a home or an apartment of his own?

The thing is he could've moved into the Horton mansion since his sister owns it....

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

I disagree that Gabi belongs there more than Kate or Chad, regardless that she is the owner now, with her contrived way to get ownership 

Everyone who resides there has more right, in my humble opinion, to be there than Gabi. 

 

I agree Gabi shouldn't have the house, but it's still her house. Everyone including Kate is living on her property. It shouldn't be her property, it should be Tony or EJ's. Hopefully EJ can get it back.

But Kate has no business living there now and Gabi can kick out anyone she wants really.  Chad has no business telling Gabi to move out of her property for Kate's sake. Gabi should have told Chad that he can go and take Kate with him.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I loved Kate screwing with Gabi. 

Kate: “Gabi is that you?”

Gabby: “How did you know?”

Kate: “I can smell your cheap perfume.”

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I loved Kate screwing with Gabi. 

Kate: “Gabi is that you?”

Gabi: “How did you know?”

Kate: “I can smell your cheap perfume.”

 

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

The only time Chad shared his feelings about Abigail faking her illness was when he was drunk and talking to Gwen.  I don’t know that he would readily admit those feelings again.   


     Every time Chad and Gabi argue Chad looks like he wants to sleep with her.  But he did have a point about Jake.   Everyone talks about Brady but Jake is worse.  And I have not forgotten that Gwen said he use to cheat.  

    Anna seems to know something is up with Kate.   


 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

I agree Gabi shouldn't have the house, but it's still her house. Everyone including Kate is living on her property. It shouldn't be her property, it should be Tony or EJ's. Hopefully EJ can get it back.

But Kate has no business living there now and Gabi can kick out anyone she wants really.  Chad has no business telling Gabi to move out of her property for Kate's sake. Gabi should have told Chad that he can go and take Kate with him.

I get it. And she obviously won’t do it because Jake, the dweeb, would end up leaving as well..to take care of Kate.

I think she should kick Jake out on his ass until he can be a man and tell Kate the truth. Give him an ultimatum.  Have some self respect, girl!

And I just don’t buy the “love” between Gabi and Jake. I can see the attraction he has for her, but a spunky Gabi with Jake?.

pretty much everyone involved is or should be suspicious of Kate ..so I’m interested to see Gabi/Kate showdowns.

I don’t really care about Chad/Abby, as mentioned earlier, Chad is best as a Dick, because he is

 

 

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

he wants to sleep with her.  But he did have a point about Jake.   Everyone talks about Brady but Jake is worse.  And I have not forgotten that Gwen said he use to cheat.  

Bingo!‼️

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

The only time Chad shared his feelings about Abigail faking her illness was when he was drunk and talking to Gwen.  I don’t know that he would readily admit those feelings again.   


     Every time Chad and Gabi argue Chad looks like he wants to sleep with her.  But he did have a point about Jake.   Everyone talks about Brady but Jake is worse.  And I have not forgotten that Gwen said he use to cheat.  

    Anna seems to know something is up with Kate.   


 

Brady may go through women like Kleenex but when he's with a woman he's all in with them.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Anna can probably sense something off with Kate's 'blindness'. Lilies can really stink so anyone could smell them,. Surprised that a nurse or someone from the Salem Blindness organization didn't help Kate learn to use the white walking stick. How to handle stairs, that kind of thing. And yeah, she can claim to smell Gabi's cheap perfume.

I did like Gabi's outfit even though it was part linen and really creased.

Lucas can't afford a short term apartment and has to move in to the Pub's upstairs room?

EJ was kinda not particularly a nice guy. A chip off the old Stefano block. Poor Sami, dreaming of Lucas, and finding EJ next to her. She sure wore enough clothes to bed. And now they are staying in Salem.

Chad, EJ will use any information he has on you to take you out of DiMera. It's not just watch out for Jake, watch out for yourself.

Jake, being a mere mechanic with minimal business acumen, may sink the lot of you. And he really should be honest with Kate. She will manipulate him. Instead of finding her way around the mansion as a blind person, she just wants to hop in the sack with Jake?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, RedElf said:

EJ should at least meet Jake and talk to him before deciding to make him an enemy.

It wouldn't be very DiMera of him, though.  And I don't remember EJ being particularly amicable in the past.  

 

5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Jake as Dimera CEO feels like a lightweight afterthought for the show and not a formidable opponent, it feels kind of lame. 

The weird thing is that they spent a little time building up to him becoming the CEO, and then totally dropped all aspects of that from his character development.  I agree that EJ storming in to takeover feels a little flimsy seeing as how the Show hasn't said much about how Jake feels about being CEO in months.  

 

3 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Kate: “I can smell your cheap perfume.”

It totally made me think of the show Hannibal and how Dr Lecter always knew when Will was in the room.  

 

Definitely enjoyed Friday's show more than the last two episodes but I'd be real drunk if I was playing a drinking game with someone asking Kate how she could "see" or EJ walking in on a conversation about Lucas and Sami.

Thaao Penghlis still makes me smile, because one minute he makes me think Tony wants to team up with EJ and Chad, which sounds like fun, and then the next minute he has me believing he really wants to go walk around the DiMera grounds with Anna, which sounds kinda boring.  Love him!  

 

5 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Surprised that a nurse or someone from the Salem Blindness organization didn't help Kate learn to use the white walking stick. How to handle stairs, that kind of thing.

Can you imagine if they'd had done some kind of montage of Kate "learning" those skills with cheesy inspirational music playing in the background?  *chuckle*

Kate whispering in Jake's ear was hilarious.  

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

nuEJ has his first bed scene and there was no gratuitous shirtless shot? What the hell was he wearing? One of Victors smoking jackets? nuEJ should have been working out like a feign to get those abs in tip top shape before he started airing. I’m still not on board with this actor. I know it’s only his third or fourth day but he’s comes off so much older than James Scott did. Scott is 42 and Feuerriegel is 39. I’m just not feeling it.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/16/2021 at 2:24 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin

Today was enjoyable. Not much to say really but it entertained me. My fave part was probably Phillip's reaction to Belle pulling the plug on Jan.

Yup the wall shook like crazy...but I'd like to think it was MM's acting that made it quake.

Isn't it amazing how if you give a good actress a simple scene to play that builds off of narrative steam and character motivation, how she can rock it? She rocked it. She has really really proven herself a good actress on the show and it's because of moments like these. Remember when she and Shawn reunited and left town after their return back when Claire was SORASed? She sold me on Belle's relatively quick turnaround. She made it emotionally resonant. Same here. It was laughably stupid for Ron to just put Jan back in a coma....how lazy can you get? But there was Belle, deeply affected by what she'd gone through.

And the thing is...as I was watching it, I thought "oh please, FFS, don't have BELLE the lawyer pull the plug!" I KNEW Ron would go there. He ALWAYS has to take each scene four steps too far, even if it's just with the dialogue. He can't hold back. He goes all in with the cheesiness and predictability. And yet, MM sold it, By the time she pulled the plug I was like "You know what? I'm with you Belle. I get it. This feels earned." Sure, they excused it with Shawn rushing in and Belle saying she was testing Jan...and that was fine...but I'm going to give the credit to her entirely because she made it feel real.

It's a shame Belle (and everyone else) are given dry leftovers to work with because I can *see* how good they'd be with new material or more character-driven stories.

Like, am I really supposed to believe Kate is so damn bored she'd waste days of her life pretending to be blind to get back at some idiot boy toy? Shut up and get outta here. Jake ain't worth it. This lady could be having scenes with her kids or running a company but no....faking blindness. Suuuuure. That's productive.

And then we get Justin harping at Steve. Jesus, man...this nutcase threw his sister in jail after she'd endured breast cancer...and now she's dead. Is Steve really supposed to THANK her?

I cannot understate how exasperated I am at the direction of this whole Bonnie storyline, or rather, lack thereof. First we had her writing a book about - in part - how she raped Lucas and wrongfully imprisoned Adrienne...and somehow profiting from her crimes didn't lead to more criminal charges. Then, she starts smooching Justin and he...goes for it? With no self-awareness of how morbid and gruesome it is to get frisky with his late wife's lookalike, who also tortured her? And now, cherry on top, STEVE has to accept and support and cheerlead this relationship? WTF?

I was never a big Justin fan. I knew little of him before he showed up after months overseas to explain to Adrienne how he'd cheated on her, so yeah, he's never struck me as a Prince. But he IS supposed to be an adult and a lawyer. What kind of semi-intelligent person rants and raves and berates people into coming to dinner with him, and then, once they've shown up, starts dictating to them how they should feel and why THEY'RE the problem for not being happy??? Was kind of emotional abuse IS that? The kind I have no time for. Steve and Kayla should have listened to exactly 2 minutes of Justin and Bonnie's self-pitying sass, thrown their wine glasses in their faces and waltzed out of there with no regrets.

Justin: you want Bonnie so bad? Fine. Go somewhere deep into the woods and bone the hell out of her where none of us can see it.

..and I say this with a mountain of love for Judi Evans. I really do love her. But damn this is some nasty-ass bullshit. Move it along Ron. Move it along.

Even if Bonnie does turn out to be Adrienne - because, of course she will - that won't erase the way Justin has been turned into the adult male version of Ciara, marching around town telling people what to think of his lover. First he ruined Christmas...now it's June and he's still pulling this shit. Unbelievable.

And after it's over, we'll be expected to go "aww, he could tell it was his wife in there all along?" right? And that'll make his sickening treatment of everyone around him all better? Sorry. Nope. I'd love for Steve, Victor, Maggie and Kayla to all knock him out and send him packing to wherever Will and Sonny are hiding. I've seen terrific people do far, FAR less and get excommunicated from their families. Justin has no right to still be welcomed if he's treating people like this.

 

Can anyone be so kind as to give me a quick recap as to whatever happened with Kristin? Last I saw she was telling Sami that Kate jumped out of her car...did I miss much of the final act of that nonsense? I had to tune out. It was...too much. But now I'm clearly a bit lost.

To end on a positive note, I am kind of intrigued by Chanel being bi. It's high time a character on this show was permitted to be, but I still feel badly for Tripp. He's just sitting in the background making confused faces and being the "nice guy" that no one is especially crazy about. If they'd cast an Ali with some spark, maybe I would be rooting for them to end up together. Instead, I'm hoping he isn't saddled with her boring butt and that Chanel can proceed to romance Ali at the bakery and then swiftly dump her...

Paulina can go any day now. She is too much. This show is once again getting overpopulated with irritating characters that don't feel organic to DOOL. Paulina is leading the charge, followed by Gwen and Ben...

And sorry, this is shallow and maybe unfair, but NuEJ looks more like an older version of Will than a successor to James Scott. I'm not impressed that they took this long to cast someone in such a huge role and didn't find a man with more chiseled features. This guy is supposed to be so hot that Sami will overlook reason and history to be with him. I'm not seeing that here. Sorry NuEJ.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Lucas can't afford a short term apartment and has to move in to the Pub's upstairs room?

Aaaaand this.

I still remember being surprised, back when Lucas was dating Anne, how she described him as a millionaire who enjoyed sky-diving. Where did THAT Lucas go? Is he suddenly broke? What has he been doing for work anyhow?

Moving in with your former father-in-law while secretly boinking his remarried daughter? Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Aaaaand this.

I still remember being surprised, back when Lucas was dating Anne, how she described him as a millionaire who enjoyed sky-diving. Where did THAT Lucas go? Is he suddenly broke? What has he been doing for work anyhow?

Moving in with your former father-in-law while secretly boinking his remarried daughter? Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I can understand it if it is only til his rental becomes available. He can certainly afford a room or suite at the Salem Inn or some Airbnb.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yup the wall shook like crazy...but I'd like to think it was MM's acting that made it quake.

Isn't it amazing how if you give a good actress a simple scene to play that builds off of narrative steam and character motivation, how she can rock it? She rocked it. She has really really proven herself a good actress on the show and it's because of moments like these. Remember when she and Shawn reunited and left town after their return back when Claire was SORASed? She sold me on Belle's relatively quick turnaround. She made it emotionally resonant. Same here. It was laughably stupid for Ron to just put Jan back in a coma....how lazy can you get? But there was Belle, deeply affected by what she'd gone through.

And the thing is...as I was watching it, I thought "oh please, FFS, don't have BELLE the lawyer pull the plug!" I KNEW Ron would go there. He ALWAYS has to take each scene four steps too far, even if it's just with the dialogue. He can't hold back. He goes all in with the cheesiness and predictability. And yet, MM sold it, By the time she pulled the plug I was like "You know what? I'm with you Belle. I get it. This feels earned." Sure, they excused it with Shawn rushing in and Belle saying she was testing Jan...and that was fine...but I'm going to give the credit to her entirely because she made it feel real.

It's a shame Belle (and everyone else) are given dry leftovers to work with because I can *see* how good they'd be with new material or more character-driven stories.

Like, am I really supposed to believe Kate is so damn bored she'd waste days of her life pretending to be blind to get back at some idiot boy toy? Shut up and get outta here. Jake ain't worth it. This lady could be having scenes with her kids or running a company but no....faking blindness. Suuuuure. That's productive.

And then we get Justin harping at Steve. Jesus, man...this nutcase threw his sister in jail after she'd endured breast cancer...and now she's dead. Is Steve really supposed to THANK her?

I cannot understate how exasperated I am at the direction of this whole Bonnie storyline, or rather, lack thereof. First we had her writing a book about - in part - how she raped Lucas and wrongfully imprisoned Adrienne...and somehow profiting from her crimes didn't lead to more criminal charges. Then, she starts smooching Justin and he...goes for it? With no self-awareness of how morbid and gruesome it is to get frisky with his late wife's lookalike, who also tortured her? And now, cherry on top, STEVE has to accept and support and cheerlead this relationship? WTF?

I was never a big Justin fan. I knew little of him before he showed up after months overseas to explain to Adrienne how he'd cheated on her, so yeah, he's never struck me as a Prince. But he IS supposed to be an adult and a lawyer. What kind of semi-intelligent person rants and raves and berates people into coming to dinner with him, and then, once they've shown up, starts dictating to them how they should feel and why THEY'RE the problem for not being happy??? Was kind of emotional abuse IS that? The kind I have no time for. Steve and Kayla should have listened to exactly 2 minutes of Justin and Bonnie's self-pitying sass, thrown their wine glasses in their faces and waltzed out of there with no regrets.

Justin: you want Bonnie so bad? Fine. Go somewhere deep into the woods and bone the hell out of her where none of us can see it.

..and I say this with a mountain of love for Judi Evans. I really do love her. But damn this is some nasty-ass bullshit. Move it along Ron. Move it along.

Even if Bonnie does turn out to be Adrienne - because, of course she will - that won't erase the way Justin has been turned into the adult male version of Ciara, marching around town telling people what to think of his lover. First he ruined Christmas...now it's June and he's still pulling this shit. Unbelievable.

And after it's over, we'll be expected to go "aww, he could tell it was his wife in there all along?" right? And that'll make his sickening treatment of everyone around him all better? Sorry. Nope. I'd love for Steve, Victor, Maggie and Kayla to all knock him out and send him packing to wherever Will and Sonny are hiding. I've seen terrific people do far, FAR less and get excommunicated from their families. Justin has no right to still be welcomed if he's treating people like this.

 

Can anyone be so kind as to give me a quick recap as to whatever happened with Kristin? Last I saw she was telling Sami that Kate jumped out of her car...did I miss much of the final act of that nonsense? I had to tune out. It was...too much. But now I'm clearly a bit lost.

To end on a positive note, I am kind of intrigued by Chanel being bi. It's high time a character on this show was permitted to be, but I still feel badly for Tripp. He's just sitting in the background making confused faces and being the "nice guy" that no one is especially crazy about. If they'd cast an Ali with some spark, maybe I would be rooting for them to end up together. Instead, I'm hoping he isn't saddled with her boring butt and that Chanel can proceed to romance Ali at the bakery and then swiftly dump her...

Paulina can go any day now. She is too much. This show is once again getting overpopulated with irritating characters that don't feel organic to DOOL. Paulina is leading the charge, followed by Gwen and Ben...

And sorry, this is shallow and maybe unfair, but NuEJ looks more like an older version of Will than a successor to James Scott. I'm not impressed that they took this long to cast someone in such a huge role and didn't find a man with more chiseled features. This guy is supposed to be so hot that Sami will overlook reason and history to be with him. I'm not seeing that here. Sorry NuEJ.

Magnificent post, DisneyBoy!  You explained what is wrong with the whole Bonnie need better than I.  I find her intolerable and Justin even more so.

I feel a bit bad about having no use for Jackee Harry but she's both pointless and deeply unfunny.

I don't mind nuEJ yet, but I'm puzzled Show took this seriously sexy man - Google him in Spartacus - and made him up like an overgrown Beaver Cleaver.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, boes said:

Magnificent post, DisneyBoy!  You explained what is wrong with the whole Bonnie need better than I.  I find her intolerable and Justin even more so.

I feel a bit bad about having no use for Jackee Harry but she's both pointless and deeply unfunny.

I don't mind nuEJ yet, but I'm puzzled Show took this seriously sexy man - Google him in Spartacus - and made him up like an overgrown Beaver Cleaver.

Hahaha! Beaver Cleaver…but honestly, he kinda resembles Wally a bit more. That being said, I am disappointed as well that this awesome Spartacus ( god, I miss that show) guy came in like this.It’s too soon to tell, but yeah, at this point, they could have cast a better look-alike. Not sure what the actor has been doing since, but it saddens me he can’t pull this off a bit better. But I’m still holding on ..hoping it comes together.  Here’s hoping he goes  full on Spartacus on Salem! 🥂🍻

@DisneyBoy awesome post. 
Regarding Belle..only thing that would plug-gate better for me is if Philip and Chloe  wheeled on in  before ShawnD..(the mostbestestcop/husband/allaroundguy ever in Salem history) 

and they were all just sitting there watching Jan!  Then, as Shawn goes in for the plug in, Phil’s fakes his fake leg giving out, causing Chloe & wheelchair to fly into  the wall, hence causing electrical failure..sparks flying around everywhere!

This  3rd coma Jan thing..is going too far. If she’s not faking, (and she betta be) because  How does that happen? It’d be wayyyy more realistic if she just had a severe case of

That’s how I’d write that one! I’ve also been up for 18 hrs though 🥴

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size