Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Enjoyed Rafe's comments. He doesn't have to like Jake, but Gabi is his sister and she is an adult and can choose her own boyfriends. Guess Jake didn't think to kick Ben out of the garage apartment. Rafe could mention that he used to be married to Sami.

Right? I mean Ben does have the “cabin”. And no, Rafe doesn’t have to like his sisters bad choices, but he certainly has every reason to question Jake’s motives. And, he was right , kick everyone else out of the mansion. But no, just being in the home makes Jake uncomfortable.  He wants nothing to do with being a “DiMera”, yet has to get back at them? Just drop it. He just irritates me to no end. So much so, that today I was cheering on RAFE!  😱Knocking me right off the couch!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

So far, there is very little sexual chem with nuEJ /Sami. It’s all weird

What's also really weird is his lack of passion in his apology to Sami.  He showed passion when sparing with Gabi so he's capable of it, but his apology to Sami sounded sort of like "Sorry I spilled wine on your dress.  I know you liked it."

Do people REALLY answer calls from unknown numbers?  Both Brady and EJ answered Kristen's calls.  The whole point of caller ID is so you don't get those calls.

• Love 12
(edited)
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I rarely answer calls from 800 numbers, unknown numbers, or private callers. I have voice mail and leave a message.

Good idea, same with me.  Now besides credit card offers, car warranties and time shares we have to worry if it's Kristen on the other end of the line.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I rarely answer calls from 800 numbers, unknown numbers, or private callers. I have voice mail and leave a message.

Hell, I don’t even answer calls from people I know, and I block all the suspicious looking numbers. Though, what I’ve been seeing lately is some of these   #’s look suspiciously similar to family that call often. Off by like one digit.

Now my question is..why wouldn’t Brady play “nice” with  Kristen so he could find out where she was. Plan a meeting, tell her he’s going to bring the kid to see her. Set her up, get her picked up and locked up. Instead, he chastises her about Chloe, putting the gal he’s in love with all over again, in even more danger. I’d call him a dick, but  he’s too stupid even for that. It’s not love for Chloe, he’s skipped right over to obsession. Ugh. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Love 9
(edited)
On 7/6/2021 at 8:46 PM, WendyCR72 said:

So Theo can wish and hope all he likes. He still is not responsible for how Ciara handles her life, IMO.

I totally agree, Theo shouldn’t be responsible for Ciara. I understand he is her lifelong friend, wants to protect her, etc

that’s my problem with Theo. He seems to be very controlling, overprotective, not really looking at the whole picture. Sure she wanted to get away, and that  may have been just the ticket, for awhile. Instead, he focused on his love interest in her, where if he were truly interested in helping her, he’d realize that marriage is not the best answer at this time. How about some time with her family in Salem. I believe there would be enough support for her there. And sure, stay in Salem with her if he feels so strongly he’s the only one.
 And what Dr told them she will probably never recover her memory? 
I don’t care if she does or doesn’t, I’m no CIN fan, but Theo and Ciara? No. Someone said upthread he’ll be collateral damage, and oh boy, yes he will. 

Guess I could have condensed all that babble all in one sentence.

No he is not responsible for her handling of her life, but he sure as hell wants to be.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, RedElf said:

That outfit Nicole is wearing is not flattering, and I don't like the color. On the other hand, Gabi's outfit is beautiful.

Agree!

And Sami’s outfit  looked like she was the housekeeper of the mansion! All that was missing was the vacuum cleaner

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Hell, I don’t even answer calls from people I know, and I block all the suspicious looking numbers. Though, what I’ve been seeing lately is some of these   #’s look suspiciously similar to family that call often. Off by like one digit.

Now my question is..why wouldn’t Brady play “nice” with  Kristen so he could find out where she was. Plan a meeting, tell her he’s going to bring the kid to see her. Set her up, get her picked up and locked up. Instead, he chastises her about Chloe, putting the gal he’s in love with all over again, in even more danger. I’d call him a dick, but  he’s too stupid even for that. It’s not love for Chloe, he’s skipped right over to obsession. Ugh. 🤦🏼‍♀️

My relatives have received spoof calls from their own number.

Brady should play nice and arrange a meeting with her - along with the Salem PD or ISA or Interpol.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Would it have killed Kristen to do something decent and tell Brady what she did to Sarah? So sick of her just being left in that awful situation 

Since Kristen is like a dangerous mold spore that keeps coming back, it's easy to understand just why decency is not part of her warped self. She exists to spread misery and agony.

But I agree that Ron just leaving Sarah's fate hanging is just bullshit.

If/When she does return, as hypocritical as it sounds considering what I just said about Kristen, I hope she is out for blood, even with regard to Xander. Seems like everyone was quick to just shrug their shoulders and forget her. Unlike Kristen, at least Sarah would have a real reason for her rage.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

How about some time with her family in Salem. I believe there would be enough support for her there. And sure, stay in Salem with her if he feels so strongly he’s the only one

Theo going along with what Ciara wants to do is controlling but telling her what to do is not controlling? 

I don't see that.  Theo is going to be collateral damage but he's not controlling.  Ciara is not impaired or incompetent.  She remembers and loves her family.  She has rejected their overtures to stay in the past.  She even told her mother not to come to her.  For whatever reason, Ciara wants to be with Theo in S.A.  She wants to marry him.  The fact that he's not telling her he knows better is a good thing. 

Marrying him is probably an okay thing for her.  She is with the one person who is empowering her autonomy and not treating her like she's broken.  He's not locking her in a room.  He's not trying to drug her against her will.  He's the one taking the most risk.

Now, I'm sure he'll be made into an abusive villain because God forbid anyone go up against CIN, even with the most legitimate reason (like Ben killing their loved ones) and come out of it in any other way but in jail or dead but I still maintain Theo's completely in the clear here.

Onto today's show, I was so frustrated when Jake pulled the letter out of the trash--not because he did it after agreeing not to but because I feel it was a wasted opportunity for some shenanigans.  Show, if you're going to have so many people living in the same house, play. with. it.  Wouldn't it have been kind of fun if Nicole had told Ava she cheated on Jake but didn't say with who?  And wouldn't it have been kind of fun for Ava to accidentally find the letter in the trash but manage to read a snippet that said "had sex with Lucas" before she gets interrupted and throws it away again? She'd assume it was a confession Nicole wrote before throwing it away and therefore thought Nicole and Lucas had banged?

And what if Nicole finds part of the letter that she knows is a confession but can't find confirmation about who wrote it or that it was about Sami but just knows it is? 

I did like that Gabi protected Sami.  The information in that letter is more damaging to Sami than it is to EJ.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Theo going along with what Ciara wants to do is controlling but telling her what to do is not controlling? 

I don't see that.  Theo is going to be collateral damage but he's not controlling.  Ciara is not impaired or incompetent.  She remembers and loves her family.  She has rejected their overtures to stay in the past.  She even told her mother not to come to her.  For whatever reason, Ciara wants to be with Theo in S.A.  She wants to marry him.  The fact that he's not telling her he knows better is a good thing. 

Marrying him is probably an okay thing for her.  She is with the one person who is empowering her autonomy and not treating her like she's broken.  He's not locking her in a room.  He's not trying to drug her against her will.  He's the one taking the most risk.

Now, I'm sure he'll be made into an abusive villain because God forbid anyone go up against CIN, even with the most legitimate reason (like Ben killing their loved ones) and come out of it in any other way but in jail or dead but I still maintain Theo's completely in the clear here.

Onto today's show, I was so frustrated when Jake pulled the letter out of the trash--not because he did it after agreeing not to but because I feel it was a wasted opportunity for some shenanigans.  Show, if you're going to have so many people living in the same house, play. with. it.  Wouldn't it have been kind of fun if Nicole had told Ava she cheated on Jake but didn't say with who?  And wouldn't it have been kind of fun for Ava to accidentally find the letter in the trash but manage to read a snippet that said "had sex with Lucas" before she gets interrupted and throws it away again? She'd assume it was a confession Nicole wrote before throwing it away and therefore thought Nicole and Lucas had banged?

And what if Nicole finds part of the letter that she knows is a confession but can't find confirmation about who wrote it or that it was about Sami but just knows it is? 

I did like that Gabi protected Sami.  The information in that letter is more damaging to Sami than it is to EJ.

Okay!! I can agree that Theo is  not controlling, probably not even manipulative. And I am not a CIN fan, Even without Bens past, still would not be a fan. Also, her family telling her Ben is “great” is alarming.
It’s just the marriage thing with Theo. It’s rushed, like he needs it before she remembers Ben..which seems like it’s happening. She is NOT in love with Theo, never was, never will be. They were very close as children , like siblings. So it doesn’t work for me. I want him to be smarter than he is. Like, go back to SA and just hang out, renew your FRIENDSHIP, and chill. But lovers? No way. Marrying Ciara isn’t going to protect her and if he had an ounce of memory, how they don’t work as a couple, that would be cool.
I’m also not feeling this Theo, as a character, so that’s also a problem. I don’t think he can protect her from Ben, or even herself.

Agree with what your posted about today’s Ep! 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Chellfairy said:

So it doesn’t work for me. I want him to be smarter than he is. Like, go back to SA and just hang out, renew your FRIENDSHIP, and chill. But lovers? No way.

I actually don't totally disagree with you but mainly because I think having her marry Theo takes away a potential better triangle with a better leading man in the future.

• Love 5

I think this Brady/Chloe/Philip triangle is the first triangle on a soap in a long time where I like both possibilities. Broe vs Phloe 2.0 isn’t as bad as I thought it might be. It certainly helps that they’re writing Chloe more like her old self rather than these bizarre versions of her that have popped up over the years. Also, there are things I love and hate about both Philip and Brady and they both have a deep emotional history and genuine friendship with her.
I say fuck it and bring on a throuple!

• Love 8

Yeah. If I can't have Sarah/Xander, give me back Chloe/Brady. This version is hotter than 1.0, IMO. Maybe it's because they are older (if not wiser) and more comfortable with themselves. Maybe it's their shared history/marriage, etc. But I like them.

Let Phillip fight Jake for Gabi. That had potential.

• Love 7

I enjoyed today's episode.

Rafe going on about his talking bear to Eli was hilarious. Eli is wondering if his boss is feeling the heatwave. Yeah, Nicole is married and he may want to evaluate is relationship with Ava. Part of me feels a bit sorry for her in that she is trying to be good, but probably isn't. And she has the Nicole confession. Oh what a tangled web.

I liked that Jake and Gabi accidentally got Kristen's letter. Jake sure enjoyed its contents. Gabi, I understand your sympathy for Sami as the grandmother to Ari, but really girl, take your phone and snap a copy of the letter for your personal records and in case having it comes in handy. Sami will throw anyone under the bus. Jake had the right idea but the wrong timing. Too soon to get back at EJ. Be clever.

Nicole and Lucas were funny in her grilling him about Antarctica and Chloe, piecing Kristen's blackmail together.

Chloe, just choose yourself for a bit. Brady is not ready for another relationship and Philip is an okay option for you.

Yeah, Sami, light the fireplace in the heat of summer. Tuck the letter in your underwear and shred it when EJ goes out.

• Love 7

I love those soap opera kisses that go on for half an hour, with a break for lunch, and when the sets of lips are finally pried apart, the person being kissed acts like they're not quite sure what happened, even though we watched the kissee give as good as the kisser.

Duh.  Did Chloe think Brady was checking her for cavities?

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

I enjoyed today's episode.

Rafe going on about his talking bear to Eli was hilarious. Eli is wondering if his boss is feeling the heatwave. Yeah, Nicole is married and he may want to evaluate is relationship with Ava. Part of me feels a bit sorry for her in that she is trying to be good, but probably isn't. And she has the Nicole confession. Oh what a tangled web.

I liked that Jake and Gabi accidentally got Kristen's letter. Jake sure enjoyed its contents. Gabi, I understand your sympathy for Sami as the grandmother to Ari, but really girl, take your phone and snap a copy of the letter for your personal records and in case having it comes in handy. Sami will throw anyone under the bus. Jake had the right idea but the wrong timing. Too soon to get back at EJ. Be clever.

Nicole and Lucas were funny in her grilling him about Antarctica and Chloe, piecing Kristen's blackmail together.

Chloe, just choose yourself for a bit. Brady is not ready for another relationship and Philip is an okay option for you.

Yeah, Sami, light the fireplace in the heat of summer. Tuck the letter in your underwear and shred it when EJ goes out.

All of this!

This Rafe/Ava/Nicole  should be good. Oops..forgot about Dukey too!!

Nicole w/ Lucas is gold!

Sami Sami. Sami..always so dumb. And yep, Gabi sure wasn’t thinking straight giving the letter back. I’m disappointed in her ..for not punching Jake in the nose for going behind her back and lying to her about not using the letter.He’s an amateur and out of his league when it comes to these things.

And I WISH I could trust Chloe..but she will f over Philip, once again,again and again, for douche bag Brady. 
Rather see Philip and Gabi back at it than have to see Philip lose once again to Brady. Also, because Jake is just as untrustworthy, flip-floppy ways and  his shallow, brief history.

Philip is a way better catch than Jake, and he and Gabi have better chem!

Ugh! My head hurts 

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah. If I can't have Sarah/Xander, give me back Chloe/Brady. This version is hotter than 1.0, IMO. Maybe it's because they are older (if not wiser) and more comfortable with themselves. Maybe it's their shared history/marriage, etc. But I like them.

Yes! please! 
Jake/Gabi =Sarah/Xander = Chloe/Brady
They all bore me to tears.

Eee gads! Just realized I don’t like any pairing..why am I watching the damn show again??

Edited by Chellfairy
  • LOL 4
(edited)

*shrugs* I really didn't see it with Philip and Gabi. 

I'm not super passionate about this Brady/Chloe/triangle but I was liking Brady and Chloe even though Kristen was running around.

I will say that I did like when EJ called her Gabriella.  Was that today?  (Oh how the days blend.)

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Oh god, yes please. Please let this happen. And then Jake can get eaten by a bear.

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, auchic said:

Oh god, yes please. Please let this happen. And then Jake can get eaten by a bear.

Ha! Too bad Dukie/Rafe bear is now with Nicole. If he were at Rafe’s home..this could happen sooner than later!

• LOL 4

This new EJ and Sami have zero chemistry. But I am unsure whether he would have chemistry with anyone. He is weirdly dour and seems older than his years. I guess we can attribute that to the burns on 99% of his body which are now healed. It would make a person grumpy.

Saturday Night Live Hate GIF

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I actually don't totally disagree with you but mainly because I think having her marry Theo takes away a potential better triangle with a better leading man in the future.

A better leading man for Theo? Because I totally get that vibe ❤️

8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:
Edited by Chellfairy
Meeeeee. Posting probs
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, bannana said:

This new EJ and Sami have zero chemistry. But I am unsure whether he would have chemistry with anyone. He is weirdly dour and seems older than his years. 

Saturday Night Live Hate GIF

Heyyyy!! How in the heck did you get this pic of me??? 😆

Perfectly how I’m feeling  right now.

like I’ve been saying…can’t believe RAFE THE BRICK is the highlight of my watching experience! My world flipped upside down!! In a flash.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • LOL 5
12 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

If/When she does return, as hypocritical as it sounds considering what I just said about Kristen, I hope she is out for blood, even with regard to Xander. Seems like everyone was quick to just shrug their shoulders and forget her. Unlike Kristen, at least Sarah would have a real reason for her rage.

Oh, I am down for this. 

11 hours ago, PositiveBean said:

They need to just throuple it up imo. Let Brady/Chloe/Philip, Chanel/Allie/Tripp, and Ava/Rafe/Nicole all be a throuple.

ETA: Wait, are Phillip and Brady related?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Since Kristen is like a dangerous mold spore that keeps coming back, it's easy to understand just why decency is not part of her warped self. She exists to spread misery and agony.

But I agree that Ron just leaving Sarah's fate hanging is just bullshit.

Xander was too busy wallowing to put the pieces together. Jack did try to get him thinking but gave up too fast. 

You'd think Kristen could have told EJ in her lengthy snail mail letter that she left a potentially perma brain damaged Horton on one if his islands, but I think Ron has forgotten Sarah existed so Kristen has too

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Dammit lol. Too many of these people are related. OK take them off the throuple list.

Nah.  Let Salem live with the consequences of only coupling with people within a three block radius.

Besides, just imagine Julie's head explosion when they ask for a table for three at her hookah bar of a restaurant.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

My relatives have received spoof calls from their own number.

For awhile there I was getting spoofed calls from my own number. I had to block myself!!

• LOL 3
10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I will say that I did like when EJ called her Gabriella.  Was that today?  (Oh how the days blend.)

I just wanted to say that "Oh How the Days Blend" is a better name for this show than Days of Our Lives.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
2 hours ago, boes said:

Besides, just imagine Julie's head explosion when they ask for a table for three at her hookah bar of a restaurant.

Please, please, please, someone make this happen.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Xander: What about you?
Nicole: What about me?

Shit.  I love them so very fucking much.  They don't even touch and they ooze chemistry in their park scenes.

Then we flip to EJ and Sami all over one another and no fire.  Not heat.  Nada.

ETA:  They're trying with Gwen and Xander but no. 

Sami needs to be better at destroying evidence but I did like the cliffhanger of some unseen person pulling that from the trash.  I wonder who it is.  Anna?  She seems like a good bet.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, PositiveBean said:

I think this Brady/Chloe/Philip triangle is the first triangle on a soap in a long time where I like both possibilities. Broe vs Phloe 2.0 isn’t as bad as I thought it might be. It certainly helps that they’re writing Chloe more like her old self rather than these bizarre versions of her that have popped up over the years. Also, there are things I love and hate about both Philip and Brady and they both have a deep emotional history and genuine friendship with her.

ITA a million, trillion, bajillion times!  I can't recall the last time I enjoyed (will hopefully enjoy) a love triangle like this, and for me, it's because:

1) the original actors are in the story; and

2) all these characters have history with each other

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

ITA a million, trillion, bajillion times!  I can't recall the last time I enjoyed (will hopefully enjoy) a love triangle like this, and for me, it's because:

1) the original actors are in the story; and

2) all these characters have history with each other

EM is not the original Brady from the story.

• Love 1

Nicole and Xander have it. I like Gwen and Xander too but it's just different than the Nicole/Xander stuff. It's nice to be able to enjoy both.

This was a great ep as long as you fast forward anything related to Ben or Ciara lol.

• Love 10
(edited)
45 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Why is Theo wearing a sweater in the middle of summer?

Because he’s going to soon get the cold shoulder  from Ciara!!

Edited by Chellfairy
Spelling
  • LOL 9

My God. Ciara is such an unpleasant brat.

Does she even remember Claire trying to burn her up? Didn't that happened after her motorcycle accident and Ben taking her to the murder cabin?

All the horrible things that Ciara said to Claire should be the reaction that most of Salem should have had with Ben. Despite the time at a mental facility and getting treatment but in Ben's case, he actually killed these people's family members.

• Love 7

Wow, Jack actually used his investigative reporter brain today and questioned Gwen and Xander about Snyder. I love that he wasn't letting them off the hook so easily and wanted answers. I stepped away from the tv for a while, though, but I assume Gwen & Xander talked their way out of further questioning because when I tuned back in Jack was gone and the 2 of them were making out.

Sami, seriously, you can't talk on the phone AND watch the letter burn at the same time? I still think EJ knows she slept with Lucas and he is mentally torturing her and is the one who pulled the letter out of the fireplace. 

Why are Nicole and Theo so chummy? Is it just because of Abe or is there another connection I'm missing? 

I want to feel bad for Claire because of how Ciara's been treating her, but then she gets all weepy over how Ciara is treating Ben and I just can't with that girl. She just gets more pathetic by the day. Does she have any purpose other than acting as a Ben cheerleader? I laughed when Ciara called her the little firebug. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, bunnyblue said:

Why are Nicole and Theo so chummy? Is it just because of Abe or is there another connection I'm missing? 

They aren't really chummy even though they share a brother who Theo was living with in South Africa. It was a convenience for Nicole because she doesn't know anyone else who could help her get that unknown number from the phone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Nicole and Xander have it. I like Gwen and Xander too but it's just different than the Nicole/Xander stuff. It's nice to be able to enjoy both.

This was a great ep as long as you fast forward anything related to Ben or Ciara lol.

Exactly. I enjoy Xander and Gwen but I crave more Xander and Nicole 

Ben and Ciara are just so poorly written and acted I barely pay attention 

Glad nuEJ finally got his shirt off. He was either near naked or fully naked on Spartacus for 2 years so I know he's not shy lol

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, nilyank said:

They aren't really chummy even though they share a brother who Theo was living with in South Africa. It was a convenience for Nicole because she doesn't know anyone else who could help her get that unknown number from the phone.

I completely forgot about Brandon Walker (that's his name, right?). I thought Theo was living with JJ in South Africa, I had no idea Brandon's there too.

What does Theo do for a living that he can trace unknown numbers? I remember Lani calling him when the twins were missing and asking for a similar favor. It better not be that he works for the ISA because this Theo looks to be about 19 years old.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1