Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, auchic said:

I mean, Philip was a teenager in the beginning. Teenagers in general are dicks. 😂 

I'm with you on Philip/Chloe; I think now that Kristen is 'evil' again, Brady/Chloe are endgame, and Philip will get shunted off to the sidelines again, just like with Philip/Gabi (don't even get me started on that 🤬).

Why can't Philip be happy, show?

I’m rooting for Philip/Gabi. Jake can run back to Kate.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Sandman said:

How are Nicole and Abe so chummy? That's what I want to know.

Elvis and "Nicki" were trying to get Abe sent to prison not so very long ago, I seem to remember. Their friendship now seems at the very least unlikely.

I am the wrong person to answer this, because I also wonder about this.

Nicole did run Abe's campaign for Mayor. That might have been against E.J.

Nicole's brother is Brandon, and Theo's brother is Brandon.

I also kind of remember Abe being there for Nicole when her mother died?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, chediavolo said:

How did you get that? I said  Rapist “husbands”. EJ.

Oops. Guess I read that one wrong. Sorry.

I either wasn’t watching or not paying attention at that time. I honestly don’t remember that. Or blocked it from my mind because EJAMI was so popular 🤮

I could see that happening though 🤷‍♀️

• Love 2

I legit LOL'd at Xander calling out Julie for her obsession over the couch.

Ben? The getting up in Ciara's face is really romantic. * eye roll * Even if she does regain her memories, I hope she realizes what a psychotic, controlling freak she did actually fall in love with, and hope right out of there.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

I legit LOL'd at Xander calling out Julie for her obsession over the couch.

Ben? The getting up in Ciara's face is really romantic. * eye roll * Even if she does regain her memories, I hope she realizes what a psychotic, controlling freak she did actually fall in love with, and hope right out of there.

Lolz @xander!! Good stuff 

I’m so sick of CIN! They both suck.

Though, honestly  ..getting all up in everyone’s face,  being controlling, and at least a tad psychotic,  is also Ciara’s MO from the get.

• Love 13
18 hours ago, Sandman said:

How are Nicole and Abe so chummy? That's what I want to know.

Abe is the father of Nicole's half brother Brandon.  They have a sort of father/daughter relationship since her father was so awful.

• Love 9

I like the new Chess set:  very modern, glass pieces.  The show seems to slowly be changing the DiMeara mansion, it does look more 'updated".  Next, they need to fix the Kiriakis mansion, it still looks dark & gloomy.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I like the new Chess set:  very modern, glass pieces.  The show seems to slowly be changing the DiMeara mansion, it does look more 'updated".  Next, they need to fix the Kiriakis mansion, it still looks dark & gloomy.

Yes!! And also bring back Victor to enjoy it!

• Love 6
14 hours ago, bannana said:

I am the wrong person to answer this, because I also wonder about this.

Nicole's brother is Brandon, and Theo's brother is Brandon

I also kind of remember Abe being there for Nicole when her mother died?

Jennifer ran Abe's campaign. Nicole ran EJ's. Nicole helped frame Jennifer/Abe for election fraud but Stefano was also pulling some dirty tricks so that EJ would lose the election.

Faye (Nicole and Brandon's mom) had an affair with Abe when he a beat cop. She was in an abusive relationship with Nicole's dad and got pregnant with Brandon. Abe didn't find out that Brandon was his son until after her was an adult and after Brandon has slept with Lexie and after a paternity test was done on Theo to see who was his father.

Nicole may have known Abe when she was very young but she didn't meet Abe again until after she was an adult and has met Eric. Abe was very fond of Faye's children but it's not like he was a father figure in Nicole's life while she was growing up.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Loving Xander calling Julie out over her couch.

Jeez, Kayla, keep up.  You're surprised Bonnie would marry Justin?

If I were Theo, I'd be a little concerned about how quickly Ciara wants to get married.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

If I were Theo, I'd be a little concerned about how quickly Ciara wants to get married.

REDRUM🪓🔪REDRUM🔪🪓‼️‼️
oops! I meant Red Flag ‼️ Red Flag 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, RedElf said:

Jeez, Kayla, keep up.  You're surprised Bonnie would marry Justin?

Yeah . And Justin saying no?? Methinks it’s because he wants to ask her! No, Bonnie ..the question is..(on one knee) Will you marry me?! 🙄
I’m still hoping Bonnie is really Adrian! 😉

Then

Theo: We are still getting married, right ???

Ciara: of course!! In fact, what are ya doing next Thursday. !?!

After Ben reminds her that’s their anniversary. 
I know I’ve been against Theo’s motives and still think he’s acting quite desperate, but Ciara is a She-Devil and Now I think he needs to be the runaway groom…

come on, Theo, grow a pair and a brain along with the set.!

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

If Marlena can kiss Ben's ass after he killed her beloved son and tried to strangle her to death, then nothing evil matters anymore...

Grandson but yeah that and Ava being allowed to even enter the Brady Pub after she killed Shawn pretty much destroys any moral compass this show had.

On 7/11/2021 at 8:23 PM, Chellfairy said:

Wait Ciara was also raped?? Damn..who hasn’t been raped on this show?? Seriously!!

ans I liked the previous Ciara wayyyy better than this one!!

Lauren Boles was the best Ciara however VK acting wise will never be as bad to me as VJ's Ciara. 

I will say VJ's Ciara actually interacted with a variety of characters in comparison to VK's Ciara.

However only Belle and Carrie seem to be the only ones who haven't been raped that I can think of at the top of my head.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Theo seems so desperate and Ciara wants to just run or prove everyone wrong. Theo will deserve what happens and he can go cry to equally dumb Chad. Telling Theo he has nothing to worry about and they'll be very happy together. Lol This coming from the man whose wife is where and left him why? 

Theo should have interacted with EJ instead, would have liked to see that. EJ and Lexie were close. 

At least Justin and Ciara's family wants to save/protect her from a mistake they know she'd not want and hate herself over if she had her full memories. 

How is she gonna get divorced by next Thursday? She purposely chose her anniversary with Ben when she's not divorced and Theo's all great? Theo used to be smart.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Theo seems so desperate and Ciara wants to just run or prove everyone wrong. Theo will deserve what happens and he can go cry to equally dumb Chad. Telling Theo he has nothing to worry about and they'll be very happy together. Lol This coming from the man whose wife is where and left him why? 

Theo should have interacted with EJ instead, would have liked to see that. EJ and Lexie were close. 

At least Justin and Ciara's family wants to save/protect her from a mistake they know she'd not want and hate herself over if she had her full memories. 

How is she gonna get divorced by next Thursday? She purposely chose her anniversary with Ben when she's not divorced and Theo's all great? Theo used to be smart.

♥️🙌♥️🥂 ♥️‼️

• Love 2
(edited)

I just caught up on about a week of shows and I have to ask: has anyone else noticed the rather bizarre editing choices in the last week or two?

First, I believe there was an episode's worth of scenes in the July 4th episode featuring Rafe and Ava at the Brady Pub that were cut. We only saw the last scene of that story, with the two of them randomly showing up outside the Pub watching fireworks. Then this week we got a "flashback” to one of the scenes we didn't actually see, with Nicole joining R&A and Ava questioning their friendship. Why cut that scene? Seems like it was important to that storyline. 

Second, there was an episode this week featuring a scene with Lucas and Eli wrapping up a conversation that we hadn't seen. I guess those scenes were cut for time, but then why include the last scene of them saying goodbye?

PS: EJ and Sami are lucky that everyone living in the mansion chose small, identical bedrooms, and that the apparent master bedroom was available. (That said I like the new bedroom set.)

PPS: I too love the new chess set. 

Edited by ajs1615
Bad typing, missing word
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

I liked the new, modern chess set at the DiMera mansion. I wonder if Chad fished out the letter from the fireplace or if someone beat him to it. Chad is not the best person to offer good advice on relationships. Sure, be happy for Theo but be a real friend and tell him that maybe he is rushing things. His life, his choice but marry in haste and repent at leisure. Ciara's behavior should be setting off red flags for Theo and her family. A selfish, headstrong witch, really. Ben should be free of her and thank his lucky stars that she can be a witch to someone else.

I can see Justin refusing both of them as clients. Both are acting like petulant children. They should be divorced and far away from each other.

Kayla's sweater was pretty. When did Bonnie get hair extensions? You don't prematurely ask someone to be the matron of honor if no one has proposed yet. It's great to see a woman propose to a man, but in the Days universe, it normally works the other way around.

Surprised that Julie didn't get the vapors when she found Xander and Gwen on the couch. Fornicating rabbits? Yeah, maybe do find a room. And then she saw the newspaper article on Dr. Snyder. Of course he was the drunk dude at the house.

Jack and Steve could investigate this case. At least so that Tripp doesn't become a suspect.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Ciara's behavior should be setting off red flags for Theo and her family. A selfish, headstrong witch, really. Ben should be free of her and thank his lucky stars that she can be a witch to someone else.

Yes, they aren't writing Ciara as someone who has finally realized she is in love with her best friend and really wants to get married.  She's using her relationship with Theo as a cudgel designed to inflict the most hurt in addition to going out of her way to be a bitch to both Claire and Ben.  Is this supposed to be witty banter designed to make Ben (and us) feel affection for her?  Move over, Noel Coward.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

I'm not feeling any affection for Ciara turned Hyde. She has issues and the worst part of her is showing now. If Theo wants to marry that, knock himself out. He will get exactly what he deserves. You have memory loss and are hellbent on getting married to an old boyfriend as soon as possible - next Thursday, actually. Why? Spend six months in South Africa to see if you like living there. Get some sort of job, get some structure in your life. You may be seen as a privileged white girl. See what life is really like when you are not on vacation. The day to day drudgery of you and Theo. He may be a sweet guy right now but we don't know what life in South Africa has done to him. Maybe both of you can be nasty to each other.

Ben is not the world's best person or a paragon of anything. He really does not want this smug, entitled and nasty version of the alleged love of his life. Or Claire, for that matter. Maybe move to Chicago for a few months.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

So today was what, exactly?  A compilation clip show featuring the Worst of Salem?

There's Susan Seaforth-Hayes chewing scenery like a raptor in Jurassic Park, using every acting tic she's picked up over the last 50 years and all over that freaking couch.  Alice would have kicked her big mouth right out of the house.

Then RSW and whatshername who plays Ciara screeching, the odious Bonnie simpering, Kayla dithering and Justin, wasted as usual.  By the time Theo stopped by to see Chad, I was done.

When Days has a bad day, they really commit to it. 

They should submit this as their Emmy reel.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 14
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Yes, they aren't writing Ciara as someone who has finally realized she is in love with her best friend and really wants to get married.  She's using her relationship with Theo as a cudgel designed to inflict the most hurt in addition to going out of her way to be a bitch to both Claire and Ben.  Is this supposed to be witty banter designed to make Ben (and us) feel affection for her?  

The story is designed solely to make us feel sorry for and root for Ben. Nothing else matters.

3 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

And that would be the one that finally gets them the win 🏆😳!

Days won for Best Drama Series only 4 years ago in 2018.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Days won for Best Drama Series only 4 years ago in 2018.

Not like they have much competition.  I don't watch the CBS soaps, but GH isn't much better than Days.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Justin is a macho jerk.

And I'm going to miss Victor not being there to react to Justin's proposal to Bonnie.

Why does Justin automatically jump to Sonny as his best man instead of one of his other sons?

Eli couldn't be bothered to ask Gwen and Xander why Snyder was on the couch.

• Love 5

How am I supposed to know if nuChanel has throuple chem with Tripp if she doesn't share any scenes with him?  (Tho I bet they would.)  She should have joined Tripp and Allie.

Julie and her couch crack me up.

Ugh to Bonnie and Justin. 

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Eli couldn't be bothered to ask Gwen and Xander why Snyder was on the couch.

He went to the house to question them but they weren't home. I loved Eli kinda being like 'OK Julie you sound a little cracked out' about the whole thing lol.

9 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

How am I supposed to know if nuChanel has throuple chem with Tripp if she doesn't share any scenes with him?  (Tho I bet they would.)  She should have joined Tripp and Allie.

Right! They seemed like they could have chem in that .5 second of screen time they had together lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

What is up with the facial expressions that Jackee  Harry makes whenever someone confronts her about demolishing Horton Square? She looks like a dog that is getting yelled at or about to get a newspaper paper across his nose. (Dog abuse. But just saying) But then nothing comes of it. There’s some very strange acting choices. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, RedElf said:

And I'm going to miss Victor not being there to react to Justin's proposal to Bonnie.

Is Victor gone…foreva? 😟

Amd o knew Justin was gonna pull that shot when he said no to “Bonnie”🙄😣

• Love 4

You know if there's any character that makes sense to go off the deep end it would be Tripp as he continues to be the 3rd wheel in relationships. (Ben/Ciara, JJ/Haley, and now Chanel/Allie) and throughout that he was almost killed by his ex GF and accused of rape by the woman he's trying to get with.

If this show had a good writer I'd welcome that personality shift because he's Ava's son and to see Steve/Kayla be in conflict over Tripp losing it could be a decent character driven story for them. 

However Ron is writing this show so yeah..

• Love 10

Julie is a better detective than Eli.

Abe should get blamed, he was in power and blinded by a woman he just didn't even look at what she was doing. He looks like a fool.

• Love 10
(edited)
35 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

You know if there's any character that makes sense to go off the deep end it would be Tripp as he continues to be the 3rd wheel in relationships. (Ben/Ciara, JJ/Haley, and now Chanel/Allie) and throughout that he was almost killed by his ex GF and accused of rape by the woman he's trying to get with.

If this show had a good writer I'd welcome that personality shift because he's Ava's son and to see Steve/Kayla be in conflict over Tripp losing it could be a decent character driven story for them. 

However Ron is writing this show so yeah..

Yea !! Agree 100%

I’d  rather enjoy Tripp going off the deep end, true  to character and heredity. Rather than him being the “good guy”] all of a sudden ..instant residency/med intern. did he even go to college yet? If so, I totally missed- blocked that out.

sick of show turning these bad guys into “ great guys”. (Cough cough.. Ben..Ava.. ) not that Trip was that bad, compared to Ben…but come on. It’s really Boring me.

i feel no chemistry between Allie and Tripp 

I still say, let Chanel and lifeless Allie give it a go. Leave Tripp out of it  maybe Claire and Tripp instead?

idk 🤷‍♀️ 

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 5

I rather see Tripp/Claire revisited than Tripp/Allie. Sure Claire tried to kill him and Haley but she still would be preferable with him than Tripp/Allie. I actually liked the Tripp/Claire scene I saw prior to that stupid rape story. 

Honestly Tripp should have way more issues trusting women in general between Claire and Allie alone.

That's not even getting into Ciara wanting a serial killer over him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Poor Chanel.  She'll be getting plenty of sleep if she hooks up with Allie, and if there's a throuple with Tripp, she'll end up in a coma.  Allie and Tripp give wet blankets a bad name.  I'd say they aren't lighting any fires but that's Claire's thing anyway.

Wow!  Abe IS taking this hard!  You all notice that he wasn't wearing a tie, AND his suitcoat was open!  Poor man is falling apart.  To make matters worse, he ends going to see RoboMar and John for comfort.  I guess he tried Julie first but she was too busy bursting ear drums all over town.  

Speaking of Julie, isn't there a cruise ship leaving from anywhere, going anywhere, and soon?  The slower the better.  She can take that couch with her.  I know it's not fair to whoever else would be stuck on the ship with her but them's the breaks.  The day can't be too far away before Eli begins to bitterly regret the day his mother ever told him about his father and he met his family.  Salem hasn't been good to that poor man.  He ends with TugBoat Annie for a grandmother and  Lani for a wife.   Whatever bad things he did in a past life, he's being amply repaid for them now.  Maybe it'll be better for him when he loses his hearing, which, considering Julie's bellowing, should start any day now.

Justin marrying Bonnie huh?  Is he so sure that even Sonny the pushover will be his best man?  His judgement is so poor he should be disbarred, disowned and disinfected if he goes through with this.

I hope Bonnie finds her "fuzzy dice" just in time for her to stuff them right up her ..... nose.

So....those faces Paulina makes when people are mad at her?  Are they supposed to signal sadness or gastric distress?  

• LOL 13
  • Love 3

I thought someone had egged Abe before he knocked on John and Marlena's door. He is responsible. He is the Mayor and gets only one vote on Salem's City Council, unless Salem has a Council of one. There are various departments to sign off on new developments and the plans should have been red-flagged by someone.

Paulina deserves Lani slamming the door on her and deserves Chanel telling her off. She knowingly encouraged her daughter to pursue the dreams of a bakery knowing full well that it would never happen.

Allie and Tripp are a bit of a snooze. Don't be jealous, Chanel. She will be a lifeless snooze to you too.

The show could have had Bonnie proposing to Justin and he be a thoroughly modern man who would say yes and then let her know that he planned to propose to her that evening - heck, both can propose to each other!

Julie's detective brain was churning more than Eli's. Since the doc died of natural causes, it is unlikely that there will be any sort of investigation in to how the body got to the lake. The police department doesn't have tons of budget and if Julie wants to investigate it, hire Steve and John! No real evidence than any crime was committed. And maybe Gwen just forgot that drunk Dr. Snyder dropped by the house and she sent him home.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Julie's detective brain was churning more than Eli's. Since the doc died of natural causes, it is unlikely that there will be any sort of investigation in to how the body got to the lake. The police department doesn't have tons of budget and if Julie wants to investigate it, hire Steve and John! No real evidence than any crime was committed. And maybe Gwen just forgot that drunk Dr. Snyder dropped by the house and she sent him home.

They probably won't ever be prosecuted for them considering no one on this show ever really serves time for the crimes they commit and these two characters in particular seem to be especially adept at making multiple attempts at killing people with impunity, but they actually have committed a couple of crimes here depending on state laws.  

One, they failed to report Dr. Snyder's death.  Even if it was an accident or if he died of natural causes, they should have dialed 911 and reported that he died.  Failure to do so IS a crime in some states.  Especially when it's done in the attempt to cover up other crimes.  

They also moved a corpse from one location to another without the excuse that they were trying to preserve evidence or keep the body from being destroyed.  Another crime depending on state laws.  Some states even consider moving a body as desecration of a corpse, which is also a crime.  Given that Xander, with Gwen's knowledge, dumped Snyder's body in a large body of water, desecration would be particularly applicable.  They must have known what water does to corpses and chose the lake with that intention.

Despite the cartoons, sofa jokes, and other wacky hijinks, I haven't found this entire thing all that funny.  It's actually kind of gross.  Yeah, Dr. Snyder is supposed to be the big, bad guy being mean to poor, poor Gwen, but dealing drugs and blackmailing someone isn't a reason his body should be disrespected like it has or that his family or anyone else who might care about him should not know he died and what happened to him.  Nothing he did was any worse than anything Gwen and Xander have ever done.  But them hiding his body and lying about it is fun! Quirky! Something for them to bond and get off on!  Oh, no, it's supposed to be about protecting Jack somehow . . . 🙄

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Artsda said:

Julie is a better detective than Eli.

Abe should get blamed, he was in power and blinded by a woman he just didn't even look at what she was doing. He looks like a fool.

Totally agree. Abe is also guilty. Although this show apparently does not know how being a mayor & civil service works.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

So what exactly was Paulina's plan for the square? Monday's episode seemed to have been written by a writer who didn't exactly know what the reveal was...the dialogue danced around it without saying what actually happened...

I like new Chanel. Good actress, casual delivery and she gives off a sexy vibe that works with the storyline.

12 hours ago, boes said:

Poor Chanel.  She'll be getting plenty of sleep if she hooks up with Allie, and if there's a throuple with Tripp, she'll end up in a coma.

Exactly. Allie, sadly, is unbelievable as a former party girl with a bi side. Who would want to kiss that? And then endlessly talk about what it means?

Gabi having a bi side would be so much hotter. Or Nicole. Or hell even Bonnie.

Speaking of which, daaaaamn - they did Judi justice with the longer hair and sparkly dress. She keeps looking better and better. Warms my heart 🙂

....this Justin wedding crap, though, is....so skeeevy. Just yikes. I want Sonny to come back just to rip his Dad a new one.

What am I supposed to believe is Justin's reasoning for wanting to marry her...?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5

Regarding the scene with Justin/Bonnie in the bedroom: what's with one of Victor's 'collector' pocket watches being on Justin's bed while she was packing?  Are we to presume that she had 'misappropriated' it??  Cause, she's a 'better' person now.  ;)

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/12/2021 at 1:54 AM, bannana said:

Am I remembering it wrong? Didn't Nicole also work against Abe's interest while she and Elvis were ... married, I want to say? Maybe Elvis just gives me rage blackouts and I'm confused.

I did not know about the Abe-Brandon connection, so thanks to those who flagged that for me.

The list of what this show does not know or does not fully understand is frighteningly long and varied: civic structure, public service, criminal and civil law, medicine, biology, structural engineering, basic chemistry & physics, temporal mechanics ...

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Am I remembering it wrong? Didn't Nicole also work against Abe's interest while she and Elvis were ... married, I want to say? Maybe Elvis just gives me rage blackouts and I'm confused.

I did not know about the Abe-Brandon connection, so thanks to those who flagged that for me.

Nicole's real last name is Mendez.  Walker is her mother's maiden name.  She and her sister Taylor took their mother's name because their father was abusive.  Her father was played by Eddie Velez, and her brother Brandon was played by Matt Cedeno.  It was revealed that Brandon was really Abe's son. Paul, Nicole's father, raped Jan Spears, and left her traumatized, with a raging case of gonorrhea, and pregnant. She miscarried. She shot Paul, putting him in the hospital, and Nicole visited him as he lay dying.  With his last strength, he tried to strangle Nicole, but he died before succeeding.

BTW, Nicole's sister Taylor was played by Tamara Braun.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

I covet Chanel's dress.  Why couldn't she have run into Xander and thrown herself against him?  I would like to see their connection with the new actress who I continue to enjoy.

She did have more scenes with Tripp today but there were about five thousand feet apart so it was hard to gauge throuple  chem.

Why are Sami and EJ spending so much time in bed?

So it was Lucas who happened to be around to pull out the letter?  Well that's a twist.  It makes more sense storywise than Chad finding it even if it makes more logical sense that someone already living in the mansion would find it.

I like Jake more than others do but I don't get Jake's reasoning that EJ finding out about Sami and Lucas would take EJ down.  EJ is not Chad who will spinout because of personal problems.  If anything, he'd dig in deeper with work.

But legit, I NEED Chanel's dress.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Why are Sami and EJ spending so much time in bed?

Well it has 8 years (with time jump) since they have last together. I imagine that they making up for the missing time.

• Love 3