Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Artsda said:

But if Ciara had her full memories and even attempted to regain them again she'd be horrified of herself, she wouldn't do it with her memories.

Should Ciara then be celibate even if she never recovers her memories?

Theo's relationship with Ciara has been pretty independent from her relationship with Ben.  They didn't overlap.

The only thing that bothers me with this story is that Theo isn't a fully realized character.  They don't want him to be. 

• Love 13
On 7/2/2021 at 2:59 AM, auchic said:

Can I get an AMEN?! 🙌

How dare you two speak that way. Don’t you know she’s an Emmy winner and Beverley McKinsey, Kathrine Kelly Lang, Melody Thomas Scott and Deirdre Hall have never one. That must tell you something <sarcasm>. Also, how did real Ciera know where dream Ciera was sitting on the bed? That’s impressive. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

I find it dicey from Theo's side or creepy, not sure what to call it. But if Ciara had her full memories and even attempted to regain them again she'd be horrified of herself, she wouldn't do it with her memories. She was raped, not sure how far she and Theo have gone but she'd never cheat on Ben or want to have sex with Theo with her memories so her consent is kind of grayish. 

Theo knows it, everyone knows it. Yet Theo is quick to propose. He'll deserve what he gets when she remembers.  

It doesn't really matter if this is what Ciarra would do if she had those memories back. She doesn't. Is her life supposed to remain in stasis until she regains them, if that ever happens? Having a memory gap does not make her mentally challenged or incapable of giving consent to anything, especially since she is well aware of the memories she's missing.

We don't know if Theo proposed. He and Ciara walked into this with open eyes. If he gets his heart broken, he was aware of that possibility.

24 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Should Ciara then be celibate even if she never recovers her memories?

Theo's relationship with Ciara has been pretty independent from her relationship with Ben.  They didn't overlap.

Exactly!

• Love 9

In my opinion , Theo did not act morally. He was not considerate,  sympathetic or genuinely concerned for his very good friend Ciara. He practically grabbed her out of her hospital bed & wisked her off to another country & we all know why. It reminds me of mental abuse where the man keeps the woman away from family to gain control.    He immediately took advantage of the fact that she, a married woman,  100% over the moon in love  with her husband, has lost that memory.  It turns my stomach.  Think of it in real life with your own family or friends &  maybe you can visualize how vile he is. Ciara needed therapy, the love and concern of friends & family & time! It was idiotic that no one loved ones besides Ben objected to her leaving. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Artsda said:

Theo knows it, everyone knows it. Yet Theo is quick to propose. He'll deserve what he gets when she remembers.  

Are we even sure that Theo proposed?

Knowing Ciara's personality, I could see her proposing to Theo to prove to herself and especially Ben that their marriage is over. Especially after everyone in her family (minus Victor) told her how much she loved Ben and belonged with him. Getting divorce and marrying someone else is her way of getting control of her life. As obnoxious as Ciara was concerning how much Ben has changed and she loves him, she will be equally obnoxious as she claims that Ben means nothing to her.

In regards to consent, she knows Theo for her entire life and is only missing the last three years of her life. The only people that she is pushing out of her life is Ben. And Claire for trying to burn her up a few times.

Meanwhile, we are supposed to think that John with his zero memories of his life, mutltiple brainwashings, mutliple backstories, mutltiple family origins, then it was superromantic that Marlena fell in love with him as a patient, as a man with amnesia, as a man brainwashed into believing he was her dead husband Roman and again as a man with no memories.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Okay, so I just got a chance to watch Friday's episode.

1st: I truly despise Lani. TRULY DESPISE. To be fair to her, she didn't even do anything this episode, but I still was just frustrated by her presence.

2: I've read people's comments regarding Theo/Ciara, and I think it's hard for me to care one way or the other because: 1. This storyline is mostly happening offscreen. 2. It's moving at a breakneck pace. 

3. I mostly like VK's Ciara, but I really don't understand a lot of her acting decisions. She played Ciara as vindictive and enjoying hurting Ben on Friday. Which, don't get me wrong, I'm not hurt by, but it seems like a strange decision. I'm sure Cin are who we're supposed to be rooting for, but VK is playing it absent any conflict. And again, there's just nothing there with Theo/Ciara.

4. What's the point of this Dr. Snyder storyline? We, the audience, already know he had a heart attack, and we know absolutely nothing will come of this investigation. It's not even a fun "mystery" for the 20 something set because only Tripp had the slightest of connection to him. What's the point?

5. I don't understand why they chose that grouping of characters to see the Horton plaque fall to the ground. Of the people at the party, only Doug, Julie, and Abe had an actual relationship with Tom/Alice. Yes, I know Eli is their great-whatever grandson, but he didn't have a relationship with them. Did he ever even meet them before their death? I find it odd that Julie, the person who would care the most, was not included in that scene. Also, why was Allie not included considering the show went to so many instances to remind us of her Horton connection and hints at how Paulina's plan would impact Allie/Chanel. I think that could have been a powerful moment, but they put the wrong grouping of characters together to witness it. Like, why exactly weren't Marlena, John, and Brady there who we saw get an invite. Marlena and John would have been a hell of a lot more appropriate than Lani, Eli, and Chanel.

6. I remember Alice more than Tom, but it really feels like a storyline that should have happened when Jennifer and Hope were still on canvas. The number of Hortons who actually had an onscreen relationship with the elder Hortons feel too small for me to be appropriately horrified. (They at least should have had Shawn be there since he and Eli work together. Give us something show).

I think Ron has some great ideas, but his execution leaves a lot to be desired. I don't know if I want to go so far as to say that this is the nadir of what he's offered us so far, but it feels pretty damn close.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I mostly like VK's Ciara, but I really don't understand a lot of her acting decisions. She played Ciara as vindictive and enjoying hurting Ben on Friday. Which, don't get me wrong, I'm not hurt by, but it seems like a strange decision. I'm sure Cin are who we're supposed to be rooting for, but VK is playing it absent any conflict. And again, there's just nothing there with Theo/Ciara.

More and more I just think VK isn't very good tbh. I mean, I guess maybe she's getting bad direction but I don't think so. I think she's either not capable of playing other things besides smug or she's unwilling to do it for some reason. She's starting to really give me KM vibes.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

Knowing Ciara's personality, I could see her proposing to Theo to prove to herself and especially Ben that their marriage is over. Especially after everyone in her family (minus Victor) told her how much she loved Ben and belonged with him. Getting divorce and marrying someone else is her way of getting control of her life. As obnoxious as Ciara was concerning how much Ben has changed and she loves him, she will be equally obnoxious as she claims that Ben means nothing to her.

In regards to consent, she knows Theo for her entire life and is only missing the last three years of her life. The only people that she is pushing out of her life is Ben. And Claire for trying to burn her up a few times.

Meanwhile, we are supposed to think that John with his zero memories of his life, mutltiple brainwashings, mutliple backstories, mutltiple family origins, then it was superromantic that Marlena fell in love with him as a patient, as a man with amnesia, as a man brainwashed into believing he was her dead husband Roman and again as a man with no memories.

Well said.  I didn't even think of the comparision to John.

Ciara's situation doesn't matter much to me at all and isn't a hill I want to die on but I don't see why anyone who actually cares for her wouldn't celebrate her dumping her SERIAL KILLER - who also temporarily murdered her cousin Will - for anyone at all and certainly not Theo.  It's the sanest thing she's done in years.  Watching Julie overact about poor Ben's feeling on Friday just punctuated, again, how nuts this romance with Bo's and Hope's daughter really is and always has been.

Maybe she blocked her memories and maybe she's faking, I don't know, but if marrying Theo keeps her out of this hemisphere then I'm happy.  She was such an asshole on Friday I started feeling sorry for Ollie.

As peachmangosteen says, VK really is giving off Kate Mansi vibes and that ain't good.

• Love 14

Just had to purge my twitter feed as it was just non stop Cin, Elani and Xarah.

1. Cin fans are the worst, fawning over VK and acting like this is the purest love story eva. Enough already! He is a freaking serial killer and she will be gone again in September once the new show season starts

2. Elani. Just why? They are so boring. The only thing they write for them is constant oops Chanel saw Eli's towel fall. Three times now. That says a lot

3. Xarah. You know what, I loved them for the first year or so, then she cut her hair and they felt different to me. I am enjoying Xwen and they are on my screen, I'm easy.

• Love 7

I hate the Theo/Ben/ Ciara storyline.  They are not even trying to make it a good triangle.  
Ciara told her brother before she left that she had to leave because Ben would not leave her alone.  He knew she was afraid of him and kept going into her hospital room and was even going to drug her. I guess we were supposed to find that romantic? And Theo was the bad guy for stopping it. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, nilyank said:

No.  Everything Theo is being accused of--whisking her out of her hospital room to go to S.A.--was all, or close to all, initiated by Ciara. If Theo didn't take her with him, do we really think she'd just stick around to be a sitting duck to Ben's harassment? 

What she knows about Ben, besides the fact that he's a serial killer, is someone who completely ignored her boundaries.  He tried to stab her. 

And if she was trying to hurt him on Friday, it's maybe because of that?  That the last time she saw him, he kept pressuring her to stay with him and tried to stab her/drug her.  And he's now refusing to sign the divorce papers even though she has made it clear that's what she wants.

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

More and more I just think VK isn't very good tbh.

I've always said I think she's a good soap heroine because she can create chemistry.  I just don't think these actors get much direction at all.  I wonder if she's too online.  Then again, with the way they somehow write this show to center CIN, I don't know if I can really blame her for not hitting nuance.

46 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I hate the Theo/Ben/ Ciara storyline.  They are not even trying to make it a good triangle.  

Nope. I know it's unfair to compare to triangles of yore where someone who is presumed dead and had amnesia came back with an intriguing new significant other but they aren't even trying here.

• Love 9
52 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Ciara told her brother before she left that she had to leave because Ben would not leave her alone.  He knew she was afraid of him and kept going into her hospital room and was even going to drug her. I guess we were supposed to find that romantic? And Theo was the bad guy for stopping it. 

That is how Ron writes his stories, nothing makes sense and highly offensive.. I think this board could write better stories than him.  

• Love 8
5 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

1st: I truly despise Lani. TRULY DESPISE. To be fair to her, she didn't even do anything this episode, but I still was just frustrated by her presence.

Lani should have been a bad girl as  Josh Griffith wanted her to be.  She was supposed to become obsessed with Shawn-Douglas and target Belle but Josh was fired and all of her scenes as a bad girl were edited out because Dena wanted to take her in another direction.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, boes said:

Maybe she blocked her memories and maybe she's faking, I don't know, but if marrying Theo keeps her out of this hemisphere then I'm happy.  She was such an asshole on Friday I started feeling sorry for Ollie.

Not me. I mean, yeah. Ciara was being a bitch. But SERIAL KILLER could be drenched in honey by Ciara and eaten by fire ants, and it would still be too good for him.

Just sayin'!

I couldn't give less of a shit about Ciara/Theo, but if she escapes SERIAL KILLER, it would be the first smart thing that this Ciara ever did.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
(edited)
27 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Not me. I mean, yeah. Ciara was being a bitch. But SERIAL KILLER could be drenched in honey by Ciara and eaten by fire ants, and it would still be too good for him.

Just sayin'!

I couldn't give less of a shit about Ciara/Theo, but if she escapes SERIAL KILLER, it would be the first smart thing that this Ciara ever did.

As a Bo fan, I am glad that he is dead, it would be heartbreaking to see him kiss the serial killer's ass to please his wretched daughter.  She would be a total bitch to him if he were to voice his opposition to her romance with a serial killer.

Ciara is another legacy child that had so much potential but was ruined by awful writers.  After all this time, I still can't get over what was done to her and Chase for a stupid rape storyline that went nowhere..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Pearson80 said:

As a Bo fan, I am glad that he is dead, it would be heartbreaking to see him kiss the serial killer's ass to please his wretched daughter.  Ciara is another legacy child that had so much potential but was ruined by awful writers.  After all this time, I still can't get over what was done to her and Chase for a stupid rape storyline that went nowhere..

Totally agree about being glad that Bo is dead and didn't have to be nice to SERIAL KILLER. Frankly, I wish Night Time Hope had made a brief return and killed SERIAL KILLER. She could claim temporary insanity. I would have acquitted her!

• Love 8
16 hours ago, chediavolo said:

In my opinion , Theo did not act morally. He was not considerate,  sympathetic or genuinely concerned for his very good friend Ciara. He practically grabbed her out of her hospital bed & wisked her off to another country & we all know why. It reminds me of mental abuse where the man keeps the woman away from family to gain control.    He immediately took advantage of the fact that she, a married woman,  100% over the moon in love  with her husband, has lost that memory.  It turns my stomach.  Think of it in real life with your own family or friends &  maybe you can visualize how vile he is. Ciara needed therapy, the love and concern of friends & family & time! It was idiotic that no one loved ones besides Ben objected to her leaving. 

It's not real life, so it's kind of hard to compare, but in RL if my loved one came to her senses and wanted to drop their SERIAL KILLER spouse, I would do a dance of joy and rush them to a divorce lawyer myself. Theo did not whisk Ciara away anywhere. She wasn't his captive. She wanted to get away from Ben. If Theo didn't want her to come with him she would have left anyway.

I also don't believe no one objected to her leaving. I believe Shawn tried repeatedly to talk her out of it, but she refused and - unlike Ben - Shawn realized that Ciara was an adult with a functioning brain (minus a few memories) and it was up to her to make that decision.

One of the things that's funny to me about the idea that Ciara is this fragile, mentally incapable person is the only thing that has changed about her with this memory loss is she doesn't remember being in love with a serial killer. 90% of the rest of her life is still intact and her personality hasn't changed one little bit - she's still smug, stubborn, and insufferable.

10 hours ago, boes said:

Watching Julie overact about poor Ben's feeling on Friday just punctuated, again, how nuts this romance with Bo's and Hope's daughter really is and always has been.

That annoyed me to no end. I know Ciara browbeat her family into accepting Ben in her life, but this idea that now, all of her relatives are so head-over-heels for Ben and are besides themselves worrying about Ben and hoping and praying that Ben and Ciara get back together, is gross.

7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

What she knows about Ben, besides the fact that he's a serial killer, is someone who completely ignored her boundaries.  He tried to stab her. 

And if she was trying to hurt him on Friday, it's maybe because of that?  That the last time she saw him, he kept pressuring her to stay with him and tried to stab her/drug her.  And he's now refusing to sign the divorce papers even though she has made it clear that's what she wants.

This! Somehow Theo is bad and morally questionable for abiding by Ciara's wishes and doing what she's asked, but it's totally okay that Ben tried to forcibly inject her - twice - with an experimental drug. And, now, he's refusing to sign divorce papers and smugly acting as if he can keep her shackled to him for the rest of her life because it's what HE wants.

• Love 11
(edited)
On 7/3/2021 at 9:23 PM, Artsda said:

I find it dicey from Theo's side or creepy, not sure what to call it. But if Ciara had her full memories and even attempted to regain them again she'd be horrified of herself, she wouldn't do it with her memories. She was raped, not sure how far she and Theo have gone but she'd never cheat on Ben or want to have sex with Theo with her memories so her consent is kind of grayish. 

I do find Theo “creepy”, or just somrhin’’ ain’t right with that kid . Wasn’t he diagnosed with autism back in the day? I guess these days it’s “on the spectrum“ regarding autism..but whatever it is…it’s just a dick move on his part. And Ciara? WTF!  Maybe she’s pregnant already , hence the rush engagement 🤭😱
I didn’t mind her  interactions with the “other“Claire and would say I’d love to see those two back at it, however, with  this recast -

Claire-Bear(the sweetest of all bears🤨🙄)

all I see is her rolling on the floor in fetal position, rocking back and forth. So no, it’s  useless for Ciara to be back in town. Ben can bite it too...unless..at the risk of suggesting violence, wouldn’t mind it if Ben, who’s crazy anyway, gives Theo a good ass kicking. As much as I don’t care for Ben, in this scenario (he + Theo & Ciara) I’m rooting for Ben. For him to come to his senses and realize what a truly entitled bitch Ciara really is and why would he want to be with that!??! If not, follow her and Theo’s damn assess  right back to Africa and stay there.off screen please.

I know none of this will take place.

Edited by Chellfairy
Meeee
  • Love 4
On 7/4/2021 at 12:52 PM, brisbydog said:

Just had to purge my twitter feed as it was just non stop Cin, Elani and Xarah.

1. Cin fans are the worst, fawning over VK and acting like this is the purest love story eva. Enough already! He is a freaking serial killer and she will be gone again in September once the new show season starts

2. Elani. Just why? They are so boring. The only thing they write for them is constant oops Chanel saw Eli's towel fall. Three times now. That says a lot

3. Xarah. You know what, I loved them for the first year or so, then she cut her hair and they felt different to me. I am enjoying Xwen and they are on my screen, I'm easy.

Agree on all of it. 
and I never thought of it, but yes, when Sarah cut her hair..it was different..She was different…interesting observation!!

• Love 1

This whole town square demolition storyline makes no sense on so many levels.  As I said previously, numerous municipal departments would be involved, not the lone planning commissioner Paulina mentioned today. Also, there would naturally be talk in the halls of City Hall regarding the specifics of the project and someone would be bright enough to mention it to the Mayor, if only casually.

Demolition permits often require the approval of City Council, at least major ones like this. Unless Abe found a way to bypass the usual channels and the City By-laws.

Multiple buy-outs of businesses, including the Salem Inn, taking place at the same time in the same location would attract attention because they are a matter of public record; of course since Jack and Jennifer are out of town, Salem cannot rely on their usual team of crack reporters to follow such stories. 😉

As for the Square itself, is it municipal property or was it owned by the merchants' association who graciously agreed to have the Alice&Tom Shrine in the middle of it? If the former, a red flag would have been raised somehow at City Hall.

At least that's what would happen in a well-run city, which Salem obviously is not.

Abe has only himself to blame for being compromised. In real life a half-competent mayor would at least have waited until the end of the project before jumping in bed with the developer.

Did Paulina think the people in the restaurant would not hear the noise of the demolition? Or perhaps she was counting on Julie's screeching to cover it up.

On 7/4/2021 at 12:52 PM, brisbydog said:

Cin fans are the worst,

Fans on both sides of this debate seem to be well-matched and equally uncompromising in their opinions.

Ciara has second-hand knowledge of her life with Ben, related by others, but not the memories of directly experiencing it personally and emotionally. It does not make her non-functional or incapable of making life choices. But she is not playing from a full deck of cards; she may be missing just a few, but they can be considered very important ones.

Of course, this mess will hit the fan once she recovers her memory (it's a soap, so it appears to be a given that she will at one point).

• Love 7
On 7/4/2021 at 7:12 AM, 4evaQuez said:

What's the point of this Dr. Snyder storyline? We, the audience, already know he had a heart attack, and we know absolutely nothing will come of this investigation. It's not even a fun "mystery" for the 20 something set because only Tripp had the slightest of connection to him. What's the point?

I totally expect the stupid Salem PD and DA to charge Tripp with murder somehow.

• LOL 7
(edited)

Did they leave Hope behind in South Africa while Ciara and Theo popped into Salem?

I wonder if Theo and JJ are still roommates.

John, quit speaking with your mouth full!

Isn't Doug's Place in Horton Town Square?

That construction guy needs to read the room.

Doug: "Ok, Ok, you don't have to say it again.  Julie, that's enough."  Doug is fed up with her shit.

Oh, great, Ben acting all serial killer-y.

Edited by RedElf
  • Love 7
On 7/2/2021 at 9:16 PM, Kitty Redstone said:

Anyway, Casey Moss could be great as the suspicious half-brother.  A sibling rivalry between Gwen and JJ rather than Gwen and the physically violent wet dishrag known as Abigail would be so much more exciting.  It will probably never be, as the writers consistently and persistently wasted CM's talents.

I've been re-watching the Vampire Diaries, and it just dawned on me that Casey reminds me of Steven McQueen (aka Jeremy Gilbert) in his physical appearance.

On 7/2/2021 at 9:30 PM, Irlandesa said:

Gwen and Xander do not work for me romantically.  They're still sibling-esque.  Just like the new Sami and EJ but more fun. 

I too get a sibling vibe with Gwen & Xander.

On 7/3/2021 at 4:28 AM, Chellfairy said:

Very good points!

But what I really want to comment on though is HOCKEY!! I miss hockey..back in the day, the rivalries!! Soo much fun! Unfortunately, my home team , DRW, SUCK AGAIN! And still the tickets are so $$$$$. 

I’m  now forced to be a turncoat and root for other teams. Teams I used to hate! Heartbreaking..truly! 😖😫

Sorry the Red Wings are in the doldrums right now, but I would gladly have my team where the DRW are at the moment IF my team could have the same success as the Wings:  multiple Stanley Cups in recent memory, and 20+ consecutive playoff appearances. IOW, if my team had all that success in recent memory, I wouldn't mind one single bit if they have to be one of the crap teams right now.

3 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Agree on all of it. 
and I never thought of it, but yes, when Sarah cut her hair..it was different..She was different…interesting observation!!

Ooooh, so some folks see a Felicity thing happening with Sarah!  😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Isn't Doug's Place in Horton Town Square?

It's Julie's Place and I guess it is not in Horton Town Square or Julie would have been even more insufferable about Paulina's plans.

Me about Paulina:

Arrested Development GIF

Like, I was OK with Chanel and Abe being upset at her lying and whatnot, but Eli and Lani can really miss me with their high and mighty bullshit. They are so annoying when they gets self-righteous and smug, especially since they never have any right to be.

I obviously skipped any Ciara/Ben related scenes. It just isn't for me lol.

This ep really sucked tbh. I've been enjoying the show a lot lately but today was a real downer.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Agree on all of it. 

There was a huge real life time gap due to covid from long hair to first short hair day,  even though they aired with no delay. In that time LG gave up booze and had a big weight loss, and it seemed to affect Sarah. I found it jarring

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, RedElf said:

That construction guy needs to read the room.

Construction guy was the best part of the episode!  Without him, we’d have to wait til Christmas for the big “reveal” that didn’t have to be revealed since we all knew anyway

• Love 3
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

It's Julie's Place and I guess it is not in Horton Town Square or Julie would have been even more insufferable about Paulina's plans.

Me about Paulina:

Arrested Development GIF

Like, I was OK with Chanel and Abe being upset at her lying and whatnot, but Eli and Lani can really miss me with their high and mighty bullshit. They are so annoying when they gets self-righteous and smug, especially since they never have any right to be.

I obviously skipped any Ciara/Ben related scenes. It just isn't for me lol.

This ep really sucked tbh. I've been enjoying the show a lot lately but today was a real downer.

Eli, Lani, sit down please. Unless they maybe want to do their jobs and arrest Abe for putting the permits and what not through for “favors”  🤭😆

Ben/Ciara ENOUGH! 

Definitely agree.what a boring downer of an episode , especially because it’s a “holiday” would of liked to have seen a little bit of fun if at all possible.

instead it was annoying and sad

• Love 3

I've been off the boards and not really watching because I'm knee deep in a job the last two weeks so I have a lot to catch up on, but I was off today and watched. Oh holy hell. You know what I didn't miss? Julie and her annoying ass shrieking. I actually had turn the volume down ugghh.

• Love 7

I didn't realize Days was on today and clearly I didn't miss much(I feel like I say that a lot with the current state of the show).

I'm trying to recall the last time this show celebrated the 4th of July (I guess when Rex/Eric were competing over the Brady/Horton barbecue?). I mean it wasn't much considering but they tried and it was less depressing.

I think the last 4th of July episode that had a decent celebration was the last one Alice attended and Doug/Julie dressed up in costumes.

• Love 2
On 7/4/2021 at 10:12 AM, 4evaQuez said:

What's the point of this Dr. Snyder storyline?

To further bond waste of space character-ruiner Gwen to Xander? Bleah. Otherwise, I got nothin'. But Snyder was actually interesting. No wonder Days ditched him.

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

There was a huge real life time gap due to covid from long hair to first short hair day,  even though they aired with no delay. In that time LG gave up booze and had a big weight loss, and it seemed to affect Sarah. I found it jarring

I never understood the outrage online over her haircut, people were going in so much that the actress made a statement regarding her own hair, ridiculous! People need to get a grip.

I just fanwanked that Sarah changed her hair due to her relationship with Xander imploding and her grieving the loss of her daughters. Her biological one that she never got to know outside of her womb and Mackenzie the daughter she loved nurtured and protected for over a year. Not to mention, she was ill and how that can affect a parent seeing your child in distress and there is nothing that you can do to help them.  So it made sense to me that Sarah would be different..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I liked the John and Marlena scenes. Nice to see a happily married older couple on screen.

True! That was the only upper of the downer ep. ❣️

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

I never understood the outrage online over her haircut, people were going in so much that the actress made a statement regarding her own hair, ridiculous! People need to get a grip.

I just fanwanked that Sarah changed her hair due to her relationship with Xander imploding and her grieving the loss of her daughters. Her biological one that she never got to know outside of her womb and Mackenzie the daughter she loved nurtured and protected for over a year. Not to mention, she was ill and how that can affect a parent seeing your child in distress and there is nothing that you can do to help them.  So it made sense to me that Sarah would be different..

Except she literally cut her hair the morning after she reconciled with Xander and they were all over each other. Yeah would have made way more sense if she hacked off after she gave the baby back to Kristen 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

John and Marlena were the calm in this episode.

Abe, a well run city does not allow for a demolition crew to show up overnight and destroy a current development. Our old hockey Coliseum still hasn't been blown up. The new arena opened a few years ago. There are various levels of committees and Council meetings, community feedback (a letter goes out to those living in the area), etc. Not just a rubber stamp and things are destroyed in a day. It would maybe take three to six months to close all the businesses, have the gas folks come in and shut things off, the power folks disconnecting the power, etc. The Salem Inn can easily take the furniture to a new location. Really bad writing.

Paulina may not be a good person but she really didn't do anything wrong. She got the right paperwork done and just basically her relatives and the local government. Was it ethical? Nope. And she crashed her daughter's two minute dream of opening a bakery. So now everyone hates her.

Maybe the Horton Town Square does need a refresh but a Walmart type store is not the best idea. Yeah, Chanel can get a job as a clerk or a greeter.  Lani and Eli as cops should be looking in to the Mayor's actions in greenlighting all this. Chances are it's mostly legal an he didn't bother to even look at the plans.

Julie's shrieking was a bit much and I was happy that Doug took her home.

Theo, your great 'love' Ciara has only been in Africa for a couple of months. Why the rush to get married? You know that she may recover her memories. Things may be easier if she was told that she would never remember her previous life. And chances are she will recover them at a most inopportune time. You are playing a bit of a game. In her normal state, she wouldn't really look at you. Move on, but start fresh and see what options come up. Given how entitled and unpleasant she can be, you two certainly deserve each other for however long it lasts.

Ben, let her go. Pass on the torch to Theo, who has to put up with her. Do yourself a favor. Sign the papers. If you do love her, let her make this mistake and learn a very valuable lesson.

• Love 9

Theo got defensive with Doug and Julie not being all congratulations and speaking the truth about what happens to them if she gets her memories back. Theo really thinks she'd stay with him with her full Ben memories? 

Did Theo hit his head too?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Maybe Theo is hoping that Baby Theo comes about quickly.

Haha! Just what I was thinking. He better get on it, else he’ll never have a chance at keeping her 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Ciara's got a type.

If Theo really wants to make sure Ciara will stay with him, he should go on a murder spree.  No neckties, though, they've been done to death.

Once he's established some real cred as a serial killer, she'll be all over him.  

Edited by boes
Speeling
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Except she literally cut her hair the morning after she reconciled with Xander and they were all over each other. Yeah would have made way more sense if she hacked off after she gave the baby back to Kristen 

I stand corrected about when she cut  her hair but the freakout about the haircut by the fans was just too much..  These people were calling her all types of names.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, boes said:

Ciara's got a type.

If Theo really wants to make sure Ciara will stay with him, he should go on a murder spree.  No neckties,though, they've been done to death.

Once he's established some real cred as a serial killer, she'll be all over him.  

Kinda like the Salem version of JLo. Can’t be without a man for more than five minutes. Spend some time being single and enjoying life.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, norcalgal said:

I've been re-watching the Vampire Diaries, and it just dawned on me that Casey reminds me of Steven McQueen (aka Jeremy Gilbert) in his physical appearance.

I too get a sibling vibe with Gwen & Xander.

Sorry the Red Wings are in the doldrums right now, but I would gladly have my team where the DRW are at the moment IF my team could have the same success as the Wings:  multiple Stanley Cups in recent memory, and 20+ consecutive playoff appearances. IOW, if my team had all that success in recent memory, I wouldn't mind one single bit if they have to be one of the crap teams right now.

Ooooh, so some folks see a Felicity thing happening with Sarah!  😉

The Oilers and Flames rivalry is alive and well, I cheer for the Canadiens.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Kinda like the Salem version of JLo. Can’t be without a man for more than five minutes. Spend some time being single and enjoying life.

A bit like Brady, in that way!

32 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

The Oilers and Flames rivalry is alive and well, I cheer for the Canadiens.

Same!

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/30/2021 at 2:06 AM, Sidney said:

Ron is about as subtle as a wreaking ball with this animosity between EJ and Chad. When EJ and Sami implode he's going to have EJ become conflict between Chad and Abigail.

Oh hell naw , lets hope he is not going to repeat that that awful Stefan/Abby/Chad love triangle debacle with EJ this time around. The man is truly creatively bankrupt . He needs to go !! 

Edited by Rafael
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I stand corrected about when she cut  her hair but the freakout about the haircut by the fans was just too much..  These people were calling her all types of names.  

It's of course terrible for people to call the actress names, and I'm vehemently against that. That being said, I hated that haircut. It was unfortunately paired with a personality transplant, and that's when the show started writing Sarah Horton like a descendant of Lucy Ricardo. I still remember the episode it premiered with her giggling like a teenager and texting Xander constantly on the job while some medical emergency was happening around her. Then her storylines and acting became a series of wacky adventures more suitable for Lucy and Ethel. The show really dropped the ball with the character. No, it was not the haircut's fault, but I do think it marked a visual cue and demarcation as to when the show really lost all handle of the Sarah Horton character.

On to the most current episode:

1. The show makes such odd decisions, and since I'm not enjoying it right now, I'm latching on to these decisions. Why did the show make it so apparent that Julie/Doug are not talking to Ciara and have not for the past couple of months. They had no idea she's dating and engaged to Theo. The three actually had a good onscreen relationship with each other. Also, it then begs the question, are any of these people talking to Hope? I couldn't help but wonder does Hope know anything about what's going on with her daughter and Salem. I realize the show is in an unfortunate situation and there's little they can do if KA does not return. However, after years of Hope languishing, it's horrific that the moment she's gone a huge hole is left in the show. Today, there were so many moment when I would have loved to see Hope's reaction. Hell, she was even mentioned by Ben in a way that made me wish for a Hope/Ciara discussion regarding the similar circumstances of their divorces - and I never even liked KA's Hope with VK's Ciara.

2. I still don't understand why I should care about Pricetown. Again, the show has Eli talking about his "Horton Legacy," but then they have him immediately confess to never meeting these people. Look, I could buy Eli saying that being in the Horton Town Square meant something to him regarding his personal identity if the show actually did more to connect him to the Horton family. I mean his anniversary party couldn't have any Hortons beside his grandparents. It feels empty coming from him as a character, and it feels empty coming from his as an actor. Hope or Jennifer, preferably, or even Julie or Lucas, he would be my last choice, should have had those words. However, for me, it would have had a devastating impact to see Jennifer and Hope's rage at the men destroying their grandparents legacy, and I honestly think I would be in tears if Jennifer, especially, had to pick up the plaque of Tom and Alice. As is, I couldn't care less.

3. I did like seeing Lani holding Chanel. I thought all the women looked stunning.

4. Ben/Ciara are having days longs conversations - in real time not Salem time - where they are repeating the same dialogue.

5. There was something cute about how excited John is to meet Paulina.

6. Since the show has spent some money redressing the sets, does anyone know if this Pricetown storyline is an excuse to redress Horton Town Square? I keep wondering what it will look like after demolition. I'm hoping it'll be like Salem Place Mall - I think that was the name of it. It was around in the early to mid 90s.

• Love 7
On 7/3/2021 at 10:48 PM, FilmTVGeek80 said:

It doesn't really matter if this is what Ciarra would do if she had those memories back. She doesn't. Is her life supposed to remain in stasis until she regains them, if that ever happens? Having a memory gap does not make her mentally challenged or incapable of giving consent to anything, especially since she is well aware of the memories she's missing.

We don't know if Theo proposed. He and Ciara walked into this with open eyes. If he gets his heart broken, he was aware of that possibility.

Exactly!

Hey, I have no horse in this race. Not a fan of any of the characters, as of now anyway. Wish I could like at least Ciara or Theo..because they are the kids of the peeps I watched back in the day. That being said, it’s not going to stop me from sharing my displeasure . I’m just calling it like I see it. And yes yea yea, Ciara should definitely move on, but not with Theo, in a relationship. Sure, she and Theo were great childhood friends, like family. She feels safe with him, that’s great! I just feel Theo is taking advantage of it and manipulating the situation. She may even have been the one to “propose”, and if that’s the case, Theo should have shot that down and said let’s take this slow with everything going on. That’s what a good, lifelong friend would do.

I believe she’d be better off at home, but sometimes that’s not the case. And her going to Africa with Theo would be a great option to get away, see and experience something new, maybe even meet a new love of her life. 
So, no, I do not believe Ciara walked into the Theo situation with open eyes. She has all the info that she doesn’t remember, but that means squat! She may never remember and yes she should move on. A new marriage with an old friend is not really moving on. It’s more alarming and stifling. 
Unfortunately, Ben doesn’t have amnesia…so he could move on and on and onnn !

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Construction guy was the best part of the episode!  

This! I loved that guy lol. 

I hope we get some Xander/Gwen or Chanel/Allie/Tripp today since those are the things entertaining me the most right now.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I never saw a freak out, I just found that with the hair cut, which apparently corresponded with other changes in her own life, she started playing Sarah weirdly frenetic and kind of annoying, and I did not enjoy the character as much, so for me there was a line between old Sarah with long hair who was softer and less baby voice/screechy, and the haircut Sarah who started acting a little bizarre. Could not care less about the hair, was the character change I found odd

• Love 11
2 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

The show makes such odd decisions, and since I'm not enjoying it right now, I'm latching on to these decisions. Why did the show make it so apparent that Julie/Doug are not talking to Ciara and have not for the past couple of months

Since everyone seems to be in shock and they're telling everyone in person, seems like Ciara isn't interacting with anyone.

She ran away and making no attempt to get her memories back, just like Theo wants and hopes for. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5