Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Why can't characters be smart all of the time?  Brady and Chloe figured out who paid Xander like *that*.

Not that hard even with town of dummies. 

No one else on this show is allowed to still hate Nicole for what she has done. No one make snarky remarks about her or throw shade at her.

Sami will forever hate Nicole and I am 100% on Sami's side when it comes to her vs Nicole (or anyone else at the Pub today).

• Love 4
(edited)
16 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Not that hard even with town of dummies. 

No one else on this show is allowed to still hate Nicole for what she has done. No one make snarky remarks about her or throw shade at her.

Sami will forever hate Nicole and I am 100% on Sami's side when it comes to her vs Nicole (or anyone else at the Pub today).

I am team Sami when it comes to Nicole.  Stealing a newborn infant from her mother hours after she was born is something a mother will never forgive. Sami lost time with her daughter that she will never get back.  Go Sami! 

As far as Eric goes, he knew who Nicole was and chose to marry her, the doofus should have chosen better.  What the hell did he expect from a woman like Nicole?  He should have expected her to betray him at some point because she always does. His relationship with her is the very definition of insanity.

Eric would work better with a heroine in the long run but the show has never cared about him to even try...

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Sami's reactions were great.  But only partly because we know she's get hers. 

Today was quite good.  I wish Xander had the letter to give to Nicole to "make up" for what he did for her today but, even though it wasn't his intention, he did her a favor. 

Why can't characters be smart all of the time?  Brady and Chloe figured out who paid Xander like *that*.

Of course, John was kind of dumb being all "I have a hard time believing Sami would do this to her brother."  Really, John?  Do you really? 

Too bad Chloe had to flee to make sure Brady was okay . If not, Philip could have gotten the letter from Lucas . 
hope he won’t be stupid and give it to Chloe so at least he can have a “win” .

• Useful 1
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Eric would work better with a heroine in the long run but the show has never cared about him to even try...

I am team Sami when it comes to Nicole.

Like I said upthread, the very boring characters, Chloe amd Eric together.

it’s  worth trying out, may even become a “super couple”!!

As far as Sami and Nicole are concerned . I’ll always be team Nicole. Sami’s done so many horrific things in her life, she deserves whatever comeupins she gets.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 3

I enjoyed today's episode.

Eric can throw a good punch. Poor Xandy is still a million or so dollars richer. He does work better when he's grey. Eventually, Nicole will realize he did her a favor. Almost all the people in the pub have cheated on their partner. I get Belle hating Sami but didn't she also cheat? And as a lawyer, she had most likely done a lot of divorces. She knows what her sister is like, what her brother is like. She could have some sympathy for Nicole being left 48 or so hours after she got married to the love of her life, and being alone. Not being able to see her husband. Having to look after her nemesis' daughter and newborn. Not once did Sami say thank you to her.

Why would Eric want to go back to the crowded apartment? Guess the Salem Inn is closed? It was nice that his parents were there for him and that Philip looked after cleaning up.

I did like Nicole's use of the Bible passage.

I also liked that the Salem Brain is functioning again and that folks figured out very quickly that Sami would pay off Xander. Xander should still have killed two birds with one stone and given Sami some instant karma. It is coming for her.

Enjoy the brandy or cognac, Sami.

I can see both sides. However, Sami behaves like she is still in high school. People make mistakes. Life isn't black and white. Check to see if your glass house can withstand a few stones.

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Not once did Sami say thank you to her.

Sami DID say a very sincere thank you to Nicole when she thought she persuaded Allie to hold Henry and bond with him.  It was right after this that Allie took off and left the infamous note.  Sami, of course, decided that it was because Nicole had been manipulating Allie.  While I know it was all plot point, I STILL can't believe Sami willingly let Nicole essentially have custody of her grandson - especially after the whole Sydney thing.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Sami DID say a very sincere thank you to Nicole when she thought she persuaded Allie to hold Henry and bond with him.  It was right after this that Allie took off and left the infamous note.  Sami, of course, decided that it was because Nicole had been manipulating Allie.  While I know it was all plot point, I STILL can't believe Sami willingly let Nicole essentially have custody of her grandson - especially after the whole Sydney thing.

Maybe the show didn't record that day for me.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, drtslim said:

I'd be able to enjoy this story much more if Samie wasn't just hiding behind protecting Eric from Nicole.  I really enjoy vindictive Sami when she's acting out of vengeance or righteous anger than simple pettiness.

See, I enjoy it more because it feels petty but also justified. It's a mix. On the surface, its an FU for marrying her twin brother, but deeper  its about Sydney and possibly Allie too (though I think Sami did seem to make peace with that living situation when she left). Let's not forget how Sami brought Jan Spears back as a witness to nail Nicole for killing Deimos either. The back-and-forth has been continual.

But I hear you and I hope the writers are clear on exactly what is motivating Sami because otherwise the story could meander.

6 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

I had to laugh at all of the holier than thou shock at Nicole cheating from a room full of people who have cheated on their partners.

Yeah, fair point. I think they managed to pull it off because they knew Eric would be really messed up about it. I was irritated with Belle at first because she too has cheated but then the dialogue kinda saved it.

2 hours ago, rcc said:

AZ has chemistry with everyone. Except of course with Daniel.

Don't tell AZ that - she's marrying him!

As for Sami acting like she's in High School...it's the writing. Ron likes her petty and meddlesome. 

Although I happen to think today was one of Sami's more justified schemes. I like Nicole and I still can't get my head around her sleeping with Xander. Eric absolutely needed to know....so they could get some couples counseling. 

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6
(edited)

This was such a good family-oriented episode. I loved all of the different family members coming from different POVs, and having different influences on how they see things.  

I think John trying to see the best in Sami was more of him falling into the role of Marlena’s husband.  I don’t think he necessarily believes Sami couldn’t do that to Eric, he just knows it’s smarter for him to play dumb.  

I loved Belle knowing Sami would do this to Eric, and voicing it when it was just her and her father.  Belle being stuck in the middle of multiple family members is when she gets to be most interesting.  

Paul Telfer was so fun to watch.  Enjoyed his facade of playful indifference while he was at the Pub.  

The reigniting of the Sami vs Nicole feud is one of the smartest choices Those Writers! have made in a long time.  I was gritting my teeth with Nicole when she confronted Sami.  I love them both when they’re at their worst but I am so #TeamNicole at the moment.  

The only thing that disappointed me was that Eric didn’t reach for a bottle of booze to self-medicate before the episode ended.  I was totally cheering him on!

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Yeah um....haven't we seen Eric drink again since he was released from prison? It never seemed he was an alcoholic as much as deliberately trying to punish and hurt himself after the car wreck.

In fact, didn't everyone cheers from the same bottle of Roman's champagne in Friday? (Even Alcoholic Brady?)

Maybe it was "champagne".

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

This was such a good family-oriented episode. I loved all of the different family members coming from different POVs, and having different influences on how they see things.  

I think John trying to see the best in Sami was more of him falling into the role of Marlena’s husband.  I don’t think he necessarily believes Sami couldn’t do that to Eric, he just knows it’s smarter for him to play dumb.  

I loved Belle knowing Sami would do this to Eric, and voicing it when it was just her and her father.  Belle being stuck in the middle of multiple family members is when she gets to be most interesting.  

Paul Telfer was so fun to watch.  Enjoyed his facade of playful indifference while he was at the Pub.  

The reigniting of the Sami vs Nicole feud is one of the smartest choices Those Writers! have made in a long time.  I was gritting my teeth with Nicole when she confronted Sami.  I love them both when they’re at their worst but I am so #TeamNicole at the moment.  

The only thing that disappointed me was that Eric didn’t reach for a bottle of booze to self-medicate before the episode ended.  I was totally cheering him on!

I liked that John told Belle that if Sami had quietly told Eric about Nicole, there is a good chance he wouldn't have believed her.  He absolutely nailed her intention.

I loved the smirk on PT's face the entire time, along with gloating over his money.

Yes, Nicole has been so incredibly boring before cheating with Xander.  Having her run around town doing her best Gladys Kravitz imitation while pushing around a baby carriage followed by her deadly dull flirtation with Rafe (it's easy to forget he's on this show isn't it?)  shows the writers don't know what to do with her character,  I like both Sami and Nicole better when they're not trying to turn them into saints.  I agree with other posters who think they should throw her and EJ together and see if anything happens.  I don't dislike the actor, I just don't think he has any chemistry with Sami.  

• Love 11

This was a very good episode, as you've all pointed out.

But I'm hoping that now we can get back to the storyline that's really  driving the big drama, the big story we're all invested in.  You know, Julie and the Horton family couch.

Priorities, people, priorities!

• LOL 22
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

See, I enjoy it more because it feels petty but also justified. It's a mix. On the surface, its an FU for marrying her twin brother, but deeper  its about Sydney and possibly Allie too (though I think Sami did seem to make peace with that living situation when she left). Let's not forget how Sami brought Jan Spears back as a witness to nail Nicole for killing Deimos either. The back-and-forth has been continual.

It doesn't really make sense for Sami to go after Nicole in this way. She must know that Nicole will do same against her.

But, I think the Sami hate for Nicole is so great, that she just doesn't give a shit how it might blow up her own life.

What I don't like is that Sami humiliated and hurt Eric. 

Granted, Eric is an idiot and deserves everything that is happening to him. But his own sister doing that to him? Not good.

• Love 7

Oh, and as mistakes go, Eric killed someone when he was stupid drunk. Nicole just slept with an unsavory (albeit hot) someone. 

I don't think he gets to judge. 

And wasn't Daniel the love of her life at the time? She should totally be throwing that in his face.

Happy Oh Yeah GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

• Love 7
(edited)

Sami doesn’t really care about Eric. Sami cares of nobody but herself. But it was particularly snotty that she did this in this way to her own brother. She never , ever thinks of her consequences . Thinking she got rid of the letter , yet trusting that Lucas won’t crumble and stumble if questioned by anyone. Not to mention, Marlena did catch her and Lucas smooching it up. 
Also, it cost her (EJ) a million bucks. 

something that bothers me ..once again the SPD..they just let bonded Xander walk out with a metal briefcase that he did not come in with. And why would Sami be allowed to “visit “ unnoticed  with him in custody Another fail.fail fail.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 5

Even if you dislike Eric he really did not deserve this.  Nicole and Eric did go on a honeymoon.  They also lived together happily for a year before their wedding. We just did not see it because of the time jump.  Eric and Nicole talked about him leaving and she agreed and encouraged him.  He extended his stay three more months.  She spent that time lusting after Rafe and his teddy bear.  Since Rafe was with Ava she slept with Zander. 
  Sami is self destructive.  A part of me wonders if she wants EJ to know.  She already knows Nicole is suspicious and Lucas is a wildcard. 
  At least this rivalry is evenly matched unlike Gabi Lani.  
still wondering what allies reaction will be ?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, bannana said:

And wasn't Daniel the love of her life at the time? She should totally be throwing that in his face.

Oh, but she did....for 8 agonizing months. Hell even when Eric showed up in Greece to rescue her she slapped and screamed at him over Daaaan-ieeeelllllll! It was awful.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oh, but she did....for 8 agonizing months. Hell even when Eric showed up in Greece to rescue her she slapped and screamed at him over Daaaan-ieeeelllllll! It was awful.

That's true.  And while I may not care for Eric, that pales in comparison to how much I loathed Dr. Tan the Dan Man.  Him accidentally killing Daniel was his best moment IMO.

• LOL 10
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, boes said:

That's true.  And while I may not care for Eric, that pales in comparison to how much I loathed Dr. Tan the Dan Man.  Him accidentally killing Daniel was his best moment IMO.

I thought I was the only one who didn't like Daniel.  I found him downright creepy.  But, that's mostly because he reminded me of someone I knew IRL who was creepy.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, rcc said:

But AZ has chemistry with everyone. Except of course with Daniel.

Well not really Rafe very much either.  That last thing Nicole needs to do is be with another "nice guy." 

I like that Sami is saying this is to "protect Eric" because it's the kind of excuse she is going to try to use to justify her actions but every choice and expression makes it clear it's all about humiliating Nicole. 

2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Eric and Nicole talked about him leaving and she agreed and encouraged him.  He extended his stay three more months.

But he didn't just extend for 3 months.  He extended for 3 months.  And then 3 more months. And then some more months. She encouraged him to go for a few weeks; she didn't encourage him to be gone a year without seeing each other.

7 hours ago, bannana said:

She must know that Nicole will do same against her.

Sami doesn't think Nicole will find proof (even though she knows Kristen knows.)  And if Nicole just says "Sami cheated" without any evidence, it'll just look like she's retaliating unless she can get Lucas to back her up.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Well not really Rafe very much either.  That last thing Nicole needs to do is be with another "nice guy." 

I like that Sami is saying this is to "protect Eric" because it's the kind of excuse she is going to try to use to justify her actions but every choice and expression makes it clear it's all about humiliating Nicole. 

But he didn't just extend for 3 months.  He extended for 3 months.  And then 3 more months. And then some more months. She encouraged him to go for a few weeks; she didn't encourage him to be gone a year without seeing each other.

Sami doesn't think Nicole will find proof (even though she knows Kristen knows.)  And if Nicole just says "Sami cheated" without any evidence, it'll just look like she's retaliating unless she can get Lucas to back her up.

Love this whole post.

I really don't want Nicole with "nice guy" Rafe either.  The writers have clearly demonstrated with Eric that they don't know what to do with Nicole when she is trying to be "good."

Sami always tries to coat her revenge/hate plans in altruistic reasons but they're never really about that.  The problem is, when Sami actually DOES do something for unselfish reasons (like trying to insist that Will establish paternity because she didn't trust Nick) she gets accused of having ulterior motives.  She never gets credit for anything good that she does.

And yes, while I love Sami, no one would ever say forethought is one of her better qualities.  Nicole has outright threatened her with revenge but that didn't stop her from exposing her anyway.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

w/r/t the bolded, this!!!

As for the first part of the quote, it's so stupid that Sami would think Kristen's letter to EJ would be the end of it. Is it really totally beyond the realm of possibility that EJ & Kristen would communicate with each other - and Kristen would tell EJ she's surprised he's still with Sami, and then EJ would ask Qs which would lead to the infidelity reveal?

Basically what I'm trying to say is that unless Kristen is dead, there's ALWAYS the chance she will communicate with EJ and in the course of that, the Sami infidelity would be exposed.

TPTB are insulting the audience making us think the letter is the one and only way Kristen can tell EJ what she knows.

• Love 11

I like Ciara with Theo.  There.  I said it.  Not tons of chemistry but she's far more tolerable.  But those CIN-related scenes are nowhere as good as the rest of the show.

I guess they wanted to send Nicole and Eric off on a good note but I found his forgiveness was kind of fast.  I also wish Nicole would have pointed out that Xander gave her validation by acknowledging she had a right to be mad Eric kept staying away. 

So does Phillip take the letter and give it to Nicole? 

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, rcc said:

Great angst between Nicole and Eric today. Soap opera at its finest with two fantastic actors. 

Yes, Ari Zucker was powerful today, her pain was making me cry.  Everything Nicole said was so true!  Father Saintly is on his "high Moral horse", everything is about his pain, he is not considering how his actions affected other people, I am glad that Nicole brought up Holly & how she missed Eric.  Then Sami is so Smooth 'swatting away" EJ's concerns about why she blew up her brother's marriage.  I thought the actor playing EJ came into his own today. A very emotional episode!

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Katy M said:

I thought I was the only one who didn't like Daniel.  I found him downright creepy.  But, that's mostly because he reminded me of someone I knew IRL who was creepy.

Daniel, Dr. Tan the man was the WORST!!

54 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Yes, Ari Zucker was powerful today, her pain was making me cry.  Everything Nicole said was so true!  Father Saintly is on his "high Moral horse", everything is about his pain, he is not considering how his actions affected other people, I am glad that Nicole brought up Holly & how she missed Eric.  Then Sami is so Smooth 'swatting away" EJ's concerns about why she blew up her brother's marriage.  I thought the actor playing EJ came into his own today. A very emotional episode!

Yes !  Perfect post! 

3 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Basically what I'm trying to say is that unless Kristen is dead, there's ALWAYS the chance she will communicate with EJ and in the course of that, the Sami infidelity would be exposed.

Even if she isn’t, and she won’t be 😖, Philip knows EVERYTHING! 
o say go Philip, get the letter from Lucas and give  it to Nicole ! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I thought the actor playing EJ came into his own today. 

I feel he's been getting steadily better and agree that this was his best performance yet. I'm hoping the truth about Sami and Lucas comes out soon because I'd like to see him move away from Sami as they have anti-chem to me.

Another great ep.

• Love 13
19 hours ago, nilyank said:

Ari Zucker could give a masterclass on acting. I felt Nicole’s heartbreak! I’m glad that she pointed out Eric leaving all the time and staying gone. 

I also liked Lucas today. Love that he threw the letter away and admitted that he loved Sami and couldn’t do that to her. 

• Love 14

Looking forward to watching today show.  Even though I love Eric and Nicole I will never think cheating was okay.  
Ben and Ciara really do get good stories.  It could be romantic just Ben …. Jmho he is just to controlling and his anger is always on the surface.  His good guy act is just not doing it. 
  I can’t figure out if Sami really loves EJ or if she is afraid of him. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, nilyank said:

Brady slept with Kristen when he was involved/in love with Eve. Sure, he said he did it because crazy Kristen had kidnapped someone he loved, but Eve couldn't forgive him despite the circumstances.

I believe they broke up at that point because Eve set JJ up with cocaine during that lame Tate custody trial. Then when Eve left town Brady tried to play Kristen. Then Eve returned and Brady told her. So Brady wasn't in a relationship at that point.

• Useful 2

I have to say the Eric/Nicole scenes surprised me because they showed actual nuance in these scenes(although I couldn't help but think they had Nicole break up with him to absolve Eric so he can continue his martyrdom but I digress rarely if at all he's ever proactive). Nicole got to air her grievances at Eric. Eric admitted that he played a role in their demise. Although while I think he's justified in being upset over it being Xander I'm not sure he'd like it anymore if it were Brady either.

Nicole works best with an edgy guy(Brady, EJ etc) they insist on throwing nice guys at her and it never works for me. 

Oddly enough I did think Daniel/Nicole had chemistry around the late 00s not so much after that. 

I have no issue with Sami hating Nicole or wanting her to suffer(and vice versa) but there should've been more internal conflict when it came to Sami doing this because she loves her brother but she hates Nicole more than she loves her brother. 

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I have no issue with Sami hating Nicole or wanting her to suffer(and vice versa) but there should've been more internal conflict when it came to Sami doing this because she loves her brother but she hates Nicole more than she loves her brother. 

I think Sami feels what she did to Eric was a necessary evil because she believes that Nicole is terrible and would hurt her brother.  This reminds me of what she did to Will to get him to get his memory back when she had Ben re-enact his murder.. It was appalling but this is Sami.. Remember Sami's family members always forgive her no matter what she does so Eric may be upset but he will eventually forgive her like always.. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 7/20/2021 at 8:08 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Nicole works best with an edgy guy(Brady, EJ etc) they insist on throwing nice guys at her and it never works for me. 

I think Nicole works best w/edgy guys a, as well. I disagree that Brady is edgy though 
EJ or Philip would work for me!!

On 7/20/2021 at 8:37 PM, Chellfairy said:

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

I think Nicole works best w/edgy guys a , as well. I disagree that Brady is edgy though 

Brady is a weak man, his relationship with Kristen is proof of that.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6

Eric basically told Sami that she was no longer a part of his family when she refused to let the woman who kidnapped her daughter try to get custody of her grandson and she got a restraining order against Eric and Nicole. Rather than stepping back and trying to understand why this would be an issue for Sami for them taking a child that they had never asked for, Eric doubled down and got a lawyer (granted a bad one) and pushed for custody. When Sami used what she knew about Nicole to stop them, he lied and said that Sami was making things up.

But I guess in the nearly year away from Sami and Salem, Eric forgot or forgave Sami. 

I guess he would eventually forgive Sami.

• Love 5

Eric and Nicole were amazing. That was Emmy submissions.

Ciara said Henry got so big? From when? How does she know Henry. 

Lol at Ciara's reasons for marrying Theo. "He's nice, we don't fight.."

• Love 9
(edited)

AZ....deserves an Emmy.

*blows nose and wipes tears*

Now....that said, way to do Eric dirty. I get that Greg doesn't want a full time contract. Fine. That doesn't excuse his character standing around with no opinions on his freaking marriage.

44 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I couldn't help but think they had Nicole break up with him to absolve Eric so he can continue his martyrdom but I digress rarely if at all he's ever proactive

Today really was the worst though. Dude, you thought Nicole was dead, remember? And now you're just....walking away? Even though you admit the only issue here was you choosing a job over her?

Any halfwit would immediately choose to stay, screw the job, see Holly, go into couple's counseling, take responsibility for your decision to neglect your partner and gradually bounce back. This literally only happened because he stayed away....so he fixes it by....staying away more? Huh??

Eric ain't that dumb. I think Greg needed to be snot-crying and red-eyed for me to buy that Eric would zombie-walk out the door like that. Sometimes a powerful performance can save lackluster narrative. Today he fell short. I don't know how acting opposite all THAT. But he did.

AZ though. Damn.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

The "you're your best away from me" part was like a knife in the heart.

This sucks. I want them back together. I am prepared to hate whoever weasels into Nicole's broken, self-loathig heart now.

Anyone else feel like "why would I ever want a serial killer?" Ciara is just Ron trolling us?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

AZ....deserves an Emmy.

*blows nose and wipes tears*

Now....that said, way to do Eric dirty. I get that Greg doesn't want a full time contract. Fine. That doesn't excuse his character standing around with no opinions on his freaking marriage.

Today really was the worst though. Dude, you thought Nicole was dead, remember? And now you're just....walking away? Even though you admit the only issue here was you choosing a job over her?

Any halfwit would immediately choose to stay, screw the job, see Holly, go into couple's counseling, take responsibility for your decision to neglect your partner and gradually bounce back. This literally only happened because he stayed away....so he fixes it by....staying away more? Huh??

Eric ain't that dumb. I think Greg needed to be snot-crying and red-eyed for me to buy that Eric would zombie-walk out the door like that. Sometimes a powerful performance can save lackluster narrative. Today he fell short. I don't know how acting opposite all THAT. But he did.

AZ though. Damn.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

The "you're your best away from me" part was like a knife in the heart

Anyone else feel like "why would I ever want a serial killer?" Ciara is just Ron trolling us?

🥰♥️🥂💖♥️🥂🥰

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Ciara said Henry got so big? From when? How does she know Henry. 

Lol at Ciara's reasons for marrying Theo. "He's nice, we don't fight.."

🙄🙄

Lets not forget “best friend “

I’m all for married couples being best friends, but sandbox buddies, nah!

2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Brady is a weak man, his relationship with Kristen is proof of that.. 

Exactly!!

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 5
(edited)
9 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Right  on!!

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 3

I hope AZ submits this ep as an Emmy reel. She was raw, she was real. Most women could see exactly where she was coming from and the hurt and pain from her husband taking off and extending his time away many times. Eric the character probably deserved better than the lame he's been away for a year. She didn't know why she chose Xander. Heck, it could have been the Horton Square construction foreman. The pain had just built up and needed to explode. Did she go out and purposely cheat on her husband? Nope. It hurt to see her talk about Holly missing her only father she has really known. I don't know if Eric truly got it. It was more about his needs and wants. He needed to step inside Nicole's shoes and see how it feels to be lonely, lost, abandoned, maintaining a relationship through the Internet. No one seemed to care how Nicole was really doing, no one asked if she was hurting at all. Just take care of Allie and Henry - by herself, with no help from anyone.

It can be fixed over time. Eric would need both marital counselling with Nicole and his own counselling and some self-healing. Why he put Nicole in that position seemingly thinking of himself. Three to six months was enough to set up whatever progam in Africa. There is Internet use there, there is a phone, etc. He can stay in Salem and visit once every few months.

Sami, EJ is so on to you. The million bucks may need repayment somehow. No matter how much you hate Nicole, you could have just spoken privately to your brother and not purposely blow it up at a party. People do have the right to live their lives as they wish. It's called Free Will. Let Eric make his own mistakes and make his own choices. I don't think he asked for your vote or opinion on what will make him happy.  It's getting old. And Sami, the karma boomerang will be headed your way.

Great, Ciara, marry Theo because you don't fight. And he is nice. Adopt a dog. 

• Love 12

Like (I think) a lot of you, I was pleasantly surprised that they actually had Nicole be real with Eric.  I was expecting another version of the groveling, apology tour Nicole that we all pretty much hated in the past.  But this time they actually had Nicole deal Eric some hard truths.  It's much easier to be the worshipped saint than to stay and actually do the hard work of being newly married with a child, niece and new baby underfoot - especially when pretty much everyone tells you how wonderful you are for making such a "sacrifice."

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Great, Ciara, marry Theo because you don't fight. And he is nice. Adopt a dog. 

Mistake or not, at least Ciara/Theo do have a history of friendship and Theo is not a SERIAL KILLER. But, naturally, it seems like this show is desperate to keep Ben as the suffering, noble woobie man that Ciara is being so awful to. AWFUL!

(Not really. He deserves it.)

• Love 9

I just couldn't understand Nicole's phrasing, saying Eric didn't want to hear her during their phone chats or would ask questions half-heartedly about Holly, etc. It made him sound like a complete dick. He's not really interested in them....since when?

I mean, I get finding validation in your work and seeing the change it makes in people's lives but...its just Africa/the Congo. It's probably hot, with no AC, limited dinner options, few ways to let loose....why wouldn't Eric be savoring a chance to return home after three months?

It's poor writing to accommodate Greg's departures, I know, but still. He seems to have nothing concrete to say about the work he does there. So....what's the appeal?

The Eric I know adores Nicole and Holly and his family and would stay in town over pretty much anything, especially with a crisis on his hands.

I really needed him to say more today. If I never watched this show before, I'd be telling Nicole "you go, good riddance to this bozo!" after his useless "what now ...?" questions.

He sounded like a 17 year old boyfriend unaware of his selfishness and puzzled by the breakup process. Just...dense.

• Love 5

Eric may not have been able to fly 20 hours or so to Salem, but London is probably an 8-12 hour flight from the Congo. Easy to meet Nicole there. I would love a break from the heat, the mosquitoes, etc. Having a good meal, a night at the theatre or club, hanging out at a park.

• Love 3

Lucas throwing the letter in the trash in front of Philip was such a hilarious I-Don’t-Want-To-Hurt-Sami-But-You-Can move.  You’ll never convince me that Lucas wasn’t hoping that Philip would do his dirty work for him.  But I appreciated that Lucas cares enough about Sami to muddy the waters, while Sami basically patted herself on the back for annihilating her brother’s marriage.  Are you sure this is the woman you want to have as your HEA, Lucas?

Way too much crying for me but I thought AZ was mostly great.  GV is hit-or-miss for me with emotional scenes, and this was a miss.  There has to be a breakdown/script writer who has been some latitude in writing intelligent conversations for characters, because this could have easily been two characters just screeching over each other if it had happened over a year ago.  

• Love 9