Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Was Rafe talking to a bear supposed to be cute? charming? relatable? 

Hey, don't be so hard on poor Rafe. He's finally found his intellectual equal!

14 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

People thought the guy was hot and RC basically decided to hand the show over to him. Could this show soon become The Days of Duke's Life?

The bear is arguably a better actor than the guy who played Ford, so it might still be a step up. Besides, I'd rather watch a Duke-centric story than yet another go-round of Krazy Kristen or this bs with Dimera Enterprises. The only thing worthwhile about having to listen to all those entitled assholes sneer down their noses at Jake the Mechanic was getting to see Hot Shin Jr. again.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Can someone help me on the cousin part?  I can't connect the dots.  

Uncle:  Brady is Belle's brother, so Belle's child (i.e. Claire) would be Brady's uncle

Cousin:  ???

P.S.  as I've posted a million times here, the characters on this show are too, too, too incestuous!

As nilyank said, Brady and Shawn are first cousins. I honestly just kinda forgot they were cousins even though I know both are Kiriakis. They so rarely share scenes.

It's like how I often forget Sami is double related to Claire because I forget Shawn and Sami are first cousins. Again, they so rarely share scenes.

Yet, for whatever reason, I never forget Ciara is related to Sami and Brady. However, I think that's because LB's Ciara had such memorable and significant scenes with Sami and Brady that I still love. Like Ciara and Sami fighting over Sami's earring at a restaurant and Hope had to come referee their brawl. 😄

• Love 4

Gwen's cover up makes no sense, like Jack would care that she blamed Abby to hurt her..he doesn't care that Gwen drugged her to the point of brain damage. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, nilyank said:

Brady's mom Isabella was Bo's sister (through Victor). That makes Brady and Shawn cousin, so he and Claire are 2nd cousins

Not only is Claire Brady's cousin by Shawn, he is also Claire's half-uncle through Belle, as Belle is his half-sister, through John.

• Love 4

I enjoyed the Xander/Gwen scenes today, they were intense....Paul Telfer does a good job alternating between charming, threatening, funny, serious.   And Emily(?) portrayed Gwen as scared, nervous & intrigued by Xander.  

• Love 15

Lucas Adams is awfully pale.

Is this the first time we found out Snyder's first name?

That looked like an Entenmann's box.

Does the mayor not have any official duties on the 4th of July?

What is that gray phallic thing sticking up in the middle of the Horton living room?

Why is Ciara dressed like she's going out to party?

13 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I enjoyed the Xander/Gwen scenes today, they were intense....Paul Telfer does a good job alternating between charming, threatening, funny, serious.   And Emily(?) portrayed Gwen as scared, nervous & intrigued by Xander.  

Her repeatedly playing with her hair, biting her nails, and scratching her neck were beginning to bug me.  Her acting was good, though.

• Love 3

A bit of a sad holiday day picnic at the lake. Too bad dead Dr. Snyder had to float by. It is not likely that Tripp would be a suspect. Yet. He did give a lot of information - about Gwen, Kayla, the drug supply issue at the hospital.

If Chanel bakes as well as she claims, she knows that a cake takes about 30-40 minutes to bake, depending on the cake. No, you don't set the timer. You come back in the 30 minutes to check it and put the toothpick in to it. No cake can burn that badly unless it is there for a long time.

Eli, you are old enough to know that you have a youngish houseguest. You are not alone in the apartment and you do have to cover yourself up. Unless you secretly do like Chanel to see you naked. Bye, Chanel. Enjoy living with your mom. I'd like to bake as cleanly as she does. Usually I have cake batter or icing batter on me.

I liked Xander and Gwen. She told him the truth. Maybe she will try to be better, maybe not. Eventually Julie may pipe up that she saw Dr. Snyder drunk in the Horton living room.

Hi Ciara. We really haven't missed you.

1 minute ago, RedElf said:

Lucas Adams is awfully pale.

Is this the first time we found out Snyder's first name?

That looked like an Entenmann's box.

Does the mayor not have any official duties on the 4th of July?

What is that gray phallic thing sticking up in the middle of the Horton living room?

Why is Ciara dressed like she's going out to party?

Her repeatedly playing with her hair, biting her nails, and scratching her neck were beginning to bug me.  Her acting was good, though.

The Mayor may need to attend a PR breakfast, possibly a citizenship ceremony, other community events and possibly the fireworks show.

• Love 7

I really enjoyed Thursday's scenes between Gwen and Xander (#Gander?).  I saw some actual chemistry as well as an actual romantic connection between the characters.  This story feels more organic and genuine than Xander and Sarah's relationship (which I was willing to go with because I enjoyed the actors' chemistry).  

• Love 11

Gwen and Xander were such fun today!  I can't blame her at all for wanting to get back at the smug jerk known as Abigail.  Hopefully when Jack finds out he won't hold it against her.

My gosh is Lamon Archey a good looking man.  I enjoy Eli and Lani (except for her strange friendship with Kristen) and wish RC would give them more to do.  I also like Lani and Abe as father/daughter and was actually surprised today when she confessed about being suspicious of Paulina.  I thought she'd keep that to herself for awhile.

Today was my first time seeing the new Claire.  She seems fine.  I'll probably always miss ORK, though, especially there at the end of her contract when Claire became completely unwound.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
43 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I can't blame her at all for wanting to get back at the smug jerk known as Abigail. 

Huh.

What is it exactly that Abigail ever did to Gwen that she has a reason to "get back at" her for it?  I mean, is there something specific?  Anything prior to Gwen's multiple attempts to kill her and destroy her life?  

Is it that Abigail dared to not like that Gwen tried to kill her? Permanently altered her brain?  Lied to her husband about something she did?  Slept with her husband?  Tried to destroy her parents' marriage?  Set her up to contribute to Gwen's planned humiliation of her mother?  Manipulate her brother back from another continent so he could witness said humiliation?  Kill her grandmother? Accuse her of pushing her down stairs and killing the baby that she miscarried before she ever showed up?  Be an overall, remorseless, obsessive, sociopathic bitch?

Nope, couldn't be any of that because those are all things that GWEN did to Abigail with no provocation whatsoever from the latter.  Things that Abigail should "get back at" Gwen for, not vice versa.  But, of course, when Abigail tries, she's somehow "smug," "crazy" and "obsessed", but Gwen?  "Poor, poor, Gwen."

The character of Gwen continues to be a senseless, directionless, mess that contributes nothing.  She's worried, NOW that Jack might not like what she did to Abigail?  Why now?  What's different this time?  As already noted, she's done a dozen other just as, if not, more heinous things to Abigail and Jack hasn't given a shit, so why does she care now?  And she's still not addressing the crux of the issue.  What the fuck is she even still so mad at Abigail for anyway?  YOU are the one who fucked up in going after her to begin with Gwen.  But you don't want to admit that.  She just wants to continue to blame everyone else for her shortcomings.  And she's gotten away with it all by and large, but she can't let it go.  A selfish wench.  Gotta make Abigail, for some mysterious reason, pay for her sad, sad, childhood.  But Jack has shown he isn't going to do anything, no matter what she does to Abigail, so I guess it makes sense to her to keep trying.  Except now.  For reasons.

Sounds like another pivot in the many attempts to salvage this mess of a character.  Someone finally got a clue that her many, many sob stories weren't cutting it for why she repeatedly keeps getting a free pass for all the lies she tells.  That she's still not endearing herself to the audience at-large despite their multiple and continued attempts.  That it was Abigail, NOT the always-propped Gwen, that the audience is rooting for and is sympathetic towards when TPTB probably intended the opposite.  So now Abigail's gone, and Gwen STILL isn't a hit.  What now? Wacky hijinks with Xander and a dead body!  Make Jack look even more stupid and clueless than he already has.  If this latest lie somehow makes a difference, but they don't explain why all the other ones didn't or what makes this one different, she's still just as pointless as she ever was.  And Jack still looks like her chump and fool.  

• Love 9

No fan of Abigail, but if she pushed Gwen down the stairs, then pulled a Chelsea/Zack and killed Gwen by making her roadkill...I sure as hell wouldn't object.

The ONLY reason Gwen went after Abigail was because Abigail had her father's love and Gwen is an entitled bitch. Maybe Abigail is, too, but where Gwen is concerned, Abigail did shit to her before Gwen went after her.

So, Abigail? Turn Gwen into mulch. She ruined Jack and Xander for me, and that's unforgivable. GET HER, ABIGAIL! LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
12 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Hey, don't be so hard on poor Rafe. He's finally found his intellectual equal!

The bear is arguably a better actor than the guy who played Ford, so it might still be a step up. Besides, I'd rather watch a Duke-centric story than yet another go-round of Krazy Kristen or this bs with Dimera Enterprises. The only thing worthwhile about having to listen to all those entitled assholes sneer down their noses at Jake the Mechanic was getting to see Hot Shin Jr. again.

Agree on the bear! Galen plays a better stuffed  bear than a real life character. It would be great if somehow they could just have Rafe morph into Dukie. Then I wouldn’t have to look at Rafe’s face anymore 😃Just prop him up on a shelf when he gets too annoying. Occasionally spouting off

Agree on having to watch another Kristen go ‘round. 🤯😳😐
And I very much agree that Shin jr is Hot! Very!! First time I’ve seen him and I want more of that kid

However,  disagree on the DiMera “bs”. That is what the DiMera’s are all about and I’m happy to see more of it. I’m hopeful nu-EJ can pull it off. Still on the fence with him but he needs more time. 
I could not care less about Chad..but care more less about Jake the Mechanic. He’s just not DiMera material. And he’s boring as hell. Has nothing to do with being a mechanic, I’d respect him more, because it’s a respectable career He doesn’t seem to really care about being a DiMera anyway..

I find it quite ironic that he is so offended that the DiMera brothers wanted him out. Yet now he wants pay back because he couldn’t get the job done . .. sounds pretty much like an entitled asshole! He hasn’t earned that title of being “entitled’ yet 🤔😳

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Gwen and Xander were such fun today!  I can't blame her at all for wanting to get back at the smug jerk known as Abigail.  Hopefully when Jack finds out he won't hold it against her.

My gosh is Lamon Archey a good looking man.  I enjoy Eli and Lani (except for her strange friendship with Kristen) and wish RC would give them more to do

I like Gwen and Xander! I’m surprised too, because I didn’t like Xander when he was with Sarah . And I 100%agree about Abigail! 
She takes no accountability for anything’s she’s done, yet insists everyone else takes account of their own.  And no, she didn’t cause Gwens miscarriage, and she didn’t push Gwen..but if she hadn’t been such an asshole about stopping Gwen on the stairs, there wouldn’t have been an “accident “ in the first place, giving her the opportunity to blame her. 🤔

I wish  there was better writing for Lani and Eli. Aside from him being very good looking..that’s all he has going for him now. That and towel drops. As a couple, they’re just blah, and as cops..not feeling it. Have to blame the writing for this. At least I hope it’s the writing for them

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I'm a few days behind and getting caught up.  I also apologize if these have already been mentioned; I may have missed some posts...

But where is the continuity??  On Friday, Kate cast her vote and was not wearing sunglasses.  On Monday, when they did the "replay" of her casting her vote, she is wearing sunglasses.  Uh... what?

Lucas is eating breakfast when Nicole finds him, and other people are just waking up.  Then, Lucas is still sitting at the same table, finishing up his breakfast when Lani/Eli and Paulina/Chanel are finishing their lunch.  Just what time is it?  Or did Lucas really sit at the exact same table (with the exact same people in the background) for like 4+ hours? 

Running the caption on the screen that said "undisclosed location" for Kristen was funniest thing this show has done in a long, long time.  I literally laughed out loud...

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Because I can't stand the character of Abigail, and anyone who makes her miserable is A-OK with me. 

lol right!

I'll echo the love for the Xander/Gwen scenes. They work so well together for me. I continue to hope they don't bring Sarah back but I'm sure they will.

Claire is so fucking pathetic and it's making me sad. Her cry of "Ben!" when they found the body was so embarrassing. I wish there was another man on canvas to pair her with so she could get out of this Ben/Ciara hell and maybe stop being such a simp.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Claire is so fucking pathetic and it's making me sad. Her cry of "Ben!" when they found the body was so embarrassing. I

My first thought was why was she calling for him. Then, I thought, well who better to deal with a dead body than a serial killer. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Agree on the bear! Galen plays a better stuffed  bear than a real life character. It would be great if somehow they could just have Rafe morph into Dukie.

The thing about naming the bear Duke is my first thought is "Duke" is the Johnson family crap dad...who did many bad things to Jo and their kids. "Duke" is not a cuddly teddy bear foremost in my mind.

• Love 6

Another nitpick. A serious cook or baker would not be wearing a sweater with long sleeves or a dress with long sleeves and would tie the hair back. Apron was spotless. No baker would want to find hair in the cake.

• Love 10
(edited)

So we live in a bizarro world where big box stores are still getting built by the dozens?

And isn't Horton Square a shopping mall anyway? It's not an actual downtown. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 3

My god Julie was over-the-top annoying today. Eli, you shouldn't be blabbing about whatever suspicions you have about Gwen, especially to your uber-nosy, screechy grandmother.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I guess it's because Abe is her father, but Lani really doesn't need to share Paulina's personal information.

1 hour ago, chediavolo said:

Oh my! Bill Hayes is looking and sounding so frail. 😞

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Another nitpick. A serious cook or baker would not be wearing a sweater with long sleeves or a dress with long sleeves and would tie the hair back. Apron was spotless. No baker would want to find hair in the cake.

This reminds me of alot of the Hallmark movies. Immaculate, modern kitchens and the cook/baker is spotless as well, unless it serves the plot for the person to be a little "dirty" - such as the love interest wiping a smudge off the other person's face!  🙄

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Bill didn't sound good. :(   

Ciara for someone that supposed to be scared of Ben and how he's a killer, she sure didn't act like it. She wasn't scared to be alone in his apartment with him, and all up in his personal space. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Does anyone worry about Ben seeing and talking to people who are not there ?  Is he not taking his meds ?

If you lived in Salem would you rather talk to people who were there or people who were NOT there.  I know my answer.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1

I actually gasped when Tom and Alice’s Plaque feel to the ground,lol.  
Ciara and Theo sure move quickly.  They are already engaged.  At least Ciara is over her Fear of Ben.   
Everyone looked really nice for the anniversary party.  Too bad it was ruined.  

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Does anyone worry about Ben seeing and talking to people who are not there ?  Is he not taking his meds ?

Rafe talks to a bear and it talks back. Lol. I worry less about Ben. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
17 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Because I can't stand the character of Abigail, and anyone who makes her miserable is A-OK with me. 

Well that part I get  I'm not that fond of Abigail either but for me the show  has neutered the drama out of this story by Jack not caring the least bit about what Gwen does. Jennifer isn't even around and JJ was completely ignored in this story(that part I do like as I'm glad he's nowhere near this mess).  The story is more annoying above all else the only saving grace is that JJ is nowhere near this.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well that part I get  I'm not that fond of Abigail either but for me the show  has neutered the drama out of this story by Jack not caring the least bit about what Gwen does. Jennifer isn't even around and JJ was completely ignored in this story(that part I do like as I'm glad he's nowhere near this mess).  The story is more annoying above all else the only saving grace is that JJ is nowhere near this.

I agree with you especially about JJ.  Gwen would do something to JJ and Jack would not care.  We all know that the show has a bizarre hatred of Horton men.  

• Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Claire is so fucking pathetic and it's making me sad. Her cry of "Ben!" when they found the body was so embarrassing. I wish there was another man on canvas to pair her with so she could get out of this Ben/Ciara hell and maybe stop being such a simp.

Isabel Durant was miscast as Claire but, yeah, the writing for the character isn't doing her any favors.  She's so needy and without much agency in most of her scenes.  I'll miss ORK forever but I also miss how determined, cunning and strong-willed Claire used to be.  She shouldn't be having any trouble at all maneuvering her way into Ben's heart.  

Was the demolition foreman smoking a cigar on his way out of Julie's Diner?  He should get the Dick Dastardly E-VOL Villain of the Day award for that alone.  Give Paulina a run for her money.  

Jackee Harry has provided me with many laughs in the past, for which I'll always appreciate her, but making faces that convey gastrointestinal distress isn't remotely compelling as inner conflict.  I really want to like her here but what the hell is she doing?  The storyline is mostly stupid, and maybe she's struggling with that, but there are plenty of other performers on the show who make this garbage writing watchable.  I'm assuming she was cast because of her "Marquee Value" but I'm starting to wish they'd cast another actress for this role.  

Has Xander ever been an incompetent criminal?  He had come and gone once when I started watching the show again but I feel like he's been as smart of a villain you can be in Salem, USA since I've been watching.  Thankfully, Emily O'Brien and Paul Telfer have enough chemistry to compensate for Those Writers! and their Plot Point Dartboard turning both of their characters into morons.  

When Ciara was up in Ben's face trying to convince him to sign the papers, it looked like the actors were playing the scene as if they might start kissing each other.  If I actually cared about them as a couple, I would have enjoyed that scene.  

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Love 11

Ciara, you just don't show up at Ben's place. It is polite to call first, especially if all you want him to do is sign the divorce papers. And you sure move on fast to the new love of you life Theo! Or maybe Theo is wanting to move this along so if Ciara gets her memory back soon, she will be stuck with him. There is something about this Theo that doesn't ring right. You don't move things along so quickly with someone suffering from memory loss. Why the rush? Ben may be talking to himself but at least he has a bit of common sense. You leave for a few weeks and then boom, you are engaged? Red flags, red flags! And a tight red dress.

I too noticed that Bill Hayes spent most of the episode sitting down. He looked frail.

All the guests looked good in the bright colours.

Abe, you are lucky to get censured and fined or asked to resign as Mayor for this debacle. You are not King of Salem. All this business stuff and permits and zoning goes through staff and various bylaws and departments. Surely SOMEONE would have come to your office to show you what you signed. This is not done anywhere. You got conned and used by your daughter's aunt. For a discount store. Horton Town Square just seemed to be a bit of a mall or a shopping street with seating and some food services.

Eli, yeah, Gwen and Xander looked a bit guilty. Xandy, putting rocks in the dead guy's pants may not be a good idea. Too bad you didn't take Snyder to Kidnap Kabin. And yeah, Julie did see him at the house. You could say he dropped by but he was drunk and you drove him home. Or just admit both of you had a shady past and folks would think you were guilty when he just had a heart attack and dropped dead.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

Ciara and Theo sure move quickly.  They are already engaged.  At least Ciara is over her Fear of Ben.   
Everyone looked really nice for the anniversary party.  Too bad it was ruined.  

Ciara and Theo..nope. Her amnesia must be far before the motorcycle  accident if she can’t remember she has no feelings or chem for Theo. And shame on Theo for taking advantage of her in that way 
Not a fan..go back to Africa and be ..whatever.

Ben is pathetic. Like telling Ciara he set the divorce papers aflame is going to make anything better.

Alice/Tom plaque 😳

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

. And you sure move on fast to the new love of you life Theo! Or maybe Theo is wanting to move this along so if Ciara gets her memory back soon, she will be stuck with him. There is something about this Theo that doesn't ring right. You don't move things along so quickly with someone suffering from memory loss. Why the rush? Ben may be talking to himself but at least he has a bit of common sense. You leave for a few weeks and then boom, you are engaged? Red flags, red flags! And a tight red dress.

Yea !! Thank you!

• Love 4
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

And shame on Theo for taking advantage of her in that way 

This is the first episode of Days I've watched in a couple months and Ciara and Theo's relationship didn't seem on the up and up, consent-wise. And a better show would be able to explore that dicey gray area. If Ciara had her memory back, would she want to be with Ben instead of Theo? Absolutely. And Theo definitely knows that, which is why he's rushing it. I hope when news of the engagement becomes public, people bring that up. 

32 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Abe, you are lucky to get censured and fined or asked to resign as Mayor for this debacle. You are not King of Salem. All this business stuff and permits and zoning goes through staff and various bylaws and departments. Surely SOMEONE would have come to your office to show you what you signed.

I was like, "How did Abe, of all people, not know about this?!" You can't just knock down a whole-ass commercial area without multiple government departments knowing about it.

I did laugh when Eli said to the demo guy about to remove the Horton plaque, "Those are my great-grandparents!" Like, what did he think they would say? "Oh sorry, we didn't know these were *your* great-grandparents. Demolition cancelled!"

Edited by MerBearStare
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

The poor owners of the shops and restaurants at Horton Town Square. No notice of the new plans, no time to let the staff go, have sales, etc. It would have been better off to have a natural disaster.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yes, that's certainly true.  Unfortunately I've learned to take what satisfaction I can get out of soaps anymore and have lowered my expectations quite a bit.  I'm even watching GH these days (since Maurice Bernard is on vacation) and finding it tolerable. 

Anyway, Casey Moss could be great as the suspicious half-brother.  A sibling rivalry between Gwen and JJ rather than Gwen and the physically violent wet dishrag known as Abigail would be so much more exciting.  It will probably never be, as the writers consistently and persistently wasted CM's talents.

• Love 8

Theo and Ciara is not dicey consent wise.  Ciara knows everything that went on between her and Ben.  Her hospital room was a revolving door of people telling her how much she loved the serial killer, not to give up on the serial killer....that they're soul mates.  

She has the "facts" of her relationship. The only thing Ciara's missing is the stupid emotional love she developed for Ben.  Life is a series of should've/would've/could've.  We just need to play with what we've got at the time. 

But I hate this story. Theo is really nothing to this show and this amnesia story feels like such a waste, especially since I was hoping it'd bring someone dynamic and fantastic into Ciara's orbit that would set up a legit challenge to Ben & Ciara. VK can be overly smug but she can create chemistry. 

Gwen and Xander do not work for me romantically.  They're still sibling-esque.  Just like the new Sami and EJ but more fun. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
(edited)

Nails on a chalkboard of an episode.  

I agree with Irlandesa.  Ciara's not impaired because of her amnesia, she just doesn't remember that ooey gooey feeling she had loving a serial killer.  Similar I suppose to that ooey gooey feeling his victims had.  She wants to marry Theo, fine.  Questioning if she is in her right mind was a more appropriate question when she married Ben IMO.  Why anyone would want to marry Ciara seems a more valid question anyway.  The only person more full of herself and arrogant is her Aunt Julie.  VK seems either unwilling to hold in her obnoxiousness or unaware of how entitled she comes off in her performance.

Are they going to evacuate the guests from the Salem Inn or just knock the building down around them?

As so many of you mentioned, Bill Hayes did seem so frail and tired.  I've never seen him like that.  He's amazing, keeping up the way he has at his age.  That was sad to see.

I was concerned about James Reynolds, too.  Did any of you see how badly his hand was shaking when he made that toast?

So Lani said she was going to turn in the performance of her life?  It's about time.

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13

@boes, given the recent condo collapse in Florida, ripping down the Salem Inn would be bad. What kind of city is Salem? You need paperwork and permits. None of these businesses have a clue that the area has been rezoned for a discount store. All the secrets at the Inn that will be buried.

• Love 7

And one more thing, who builds a big box store in the town center?  Those are usually built in the suburbs or, if the city is big enough, outer neighborhoods where houses are.  They aren't usually built in the middle of a business district.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Some folks would not mind a small Walmart or Canadian Tire in the downtown area. Lots of condos, lots of office workers, the hockey arena. The downtown mall is pretty dead and empty. Much of it Covid. A grocery store is under construction. The previous downtown one failed with ‘lack of business’ past office hours. People are not going to pay for parking to shop at Walmart. Kingsway Mall just 10 minutes drive from downtown is thriving. Folks who pay $400 a ticket to the hockey game don’t shop downtown.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Ciara and Theo..nope. Her amnesia must be far before the motorcycle  accident if she can’t remember she has no feelings or chem for Theo. And shame on Theo for taking advantage of her in that way 
Not a fan..go back to Africa and be ..whatever.

Ben is pathetic. Like telling Ciara he set the divorce papers aflame is going to make anything better.

Alice/Tom plaque 😳

So true! I didn’t think of that! Am hating on Theo right now for not wasting one second to jump in on Ciara, who is compromised and wish her off to Africa. Shame!!! The girl needs time & therapy. Is she even getting therapy? Ben is still grieving his relationship. I don’t blame him for the way he is acting right now
The plaque was jarring.  Why does Paulina hate the Hortons? Why is she carrying out this evil plan when she looks  & seemingly feels so guilty? Or is that bad actin? 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Some folks would not mind a small Walmart or Canadian Tire in the downtown area. Lots of condos, lots of office workers, the hockey arena. The downtown mall is pretty dead and empty. Much of it Covid. A grocery store is under construction. The previous downtown one failed with ‘lack of business’ past office hours. People are not going to pay for parking to shop at Walmart. Kingsway Mall just 10 minutes drive from downtown is thriving. Folks who pay $400 a ticket to the hockey game don’t shop downtown.

Very good points!

But what I really want to comment on though is HOCKEY!! I miss hockey..back in the day, the rivalries!! Soo much fun! Unfortunately, my home team , DRW, SUCK AGAIN! And still the tickets are so $$$$$. 

I’m  now forced to be a turncoat and root for other teams. Teams I used to hate! Heartbreaking..truly! 😖😫

Anyway..you’re correct! If they put big box stores downtown Detroit.. they’d just be robbed and looted. Peeps don’t go there to shop!

The storyline is ridiculous, even for a soap, especially after covid and all the small businesses failing.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, tribeca said:

Me too lol.

12 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

When Ciara was up in Ben's face trying to convince him to sign the papers, it looked like the actors were playing the scene as if they might start kissing each other.  If I actually cared about them as a couple, I would have enjoyed that scene.  

Yea, Ben and Ciara actually check a lot of my boxes for a ship and they do get decent ship writing but I've just become so annoyed with them so I can't enjoy it.

9 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Unfortunately I've learned to take what satisfaction I can get out of soaps anymore and have lowered my expectations quite a bit.  

Same.

9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Theo and Ciara is not dicey consent wise.  Ciara knows everything that went on between her and Ben.  Her hospital room was a revolving door of people telling her how much she loved the serial killer, not to give up on the serial killer....that they're soul mates.  

She has the "facts" of her relationship.

This. 

8 hours ago, boes said:

I was concerned about James Reynolds, too.  Did any of you see how badly his hand was shaking when he made that toast?

I've been noticing his shaky hands for awhile now. Maybe he has an essential tremor.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I find it dicey from Theo's side or creepy, not sure what to call it. But if Ciara had her full memories and even attempted to regain them again she'd be horrified of herself, she wouldn't do it with her memories. She was raped, not sure how far she and Theo have gone but she'd never cheat on Ben or want to have sex with Theo with her memories so her consent is kind of grayish. 

Theo knows it, everyone knows it. Yet Theo is quick to propose. He'll deserve what he gets when she remembers.  

• Love 3