Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, boes said:

Magnificent post, DisneyBoy!  You explained what is wrong with the whole Bonnie need better than I.  I find her intolerable and Justin even more so.

I feel a bit bad about having no use for Jackee Harry but she's both pointless and deeply unfunny.

I don't mind nuEJ yet, but I'm puzzled Show took this seriously sexy man - Google him in Spartacus - and made him up like an overgrown Beaver Cleaver.

Yes. He was hot!! And he looks even better with a beard. They really make him look undesirable here! 
Get rid of Jackee Harris.  Not a good actress really, pretty much one note. And hope she takes her daughter with her. I think they are both scheming to rip off Salem big time. 

• Love 3

Something is off with Sami & EJ.  Besides finding out that they haven’t had sex in a while, there is more wrong with their relationship.  She seems scared of him. Also, didn’t Sami get a shit load of Dimera money? Why did she have to ask EJ to wire money in the first place? Doesn’t she have access to her own money? How 1960’s.  

• Love 5
14 hours ago, tribeca said:

Every time Chad and Gabi argue Chad looks like he wants to sleep with her.  

Bingo! I still want them to have some hate sex.

8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

To end on a positive note, I am kind of intrigued by Chanel being bi. It's high time a character on this show was permitted to be ...

She actually identifies as fluid not bi, which is even better just since we don't hear about that much at all on TV. It's Ron though, so I'm sure he'll fuck this up lol.

4 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I think [Chanel and Paulina] are both scheming to rip off Salem big time. 

Oh man, I hope so. I would love that. We need more 'villains' that aren't rapists and murderers lol.

4 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Why did she have to ask EJ to wire money in the first place? Doesn’t she have access to her own money? How 1960’s.  

Didn't she say something about them having a joint account? Which is stupid but I believe that's how the show explained it.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, boes said:

Magnificent post, DisneyBoy!  You explained what is wrong with the whole Bonnie need better than I.  I find her intolerable and Justin even more so.

I feel a bit bad about having no use for Jackee Harry but she's both pointless and deeply unfunny.

I don't mind nuEJ yet, but I'm puzzled Show took this seriously sexy man - Google him in Spartacus - and made him up like an overgrown Beaver Cleaver.

That’s what I said above. What’s with this button down EJ.in bed?!?! Did the actor gain weight during covid or something?! Any male new hire (in soaps) is almost demanded to be shirtless for the first six months. I’ve seen his Spartacus pictures. Are we sure this actor isn’t his father? Unless, he and the show are trying to make him a serious actor and don’t want him to have his shirt off all the time. James Scott could do both at least. I guess we’ll eventually know if he is a Greek god or one of the Cleavers. After all, it is summer and you can’t wear those 3 piece suits forever. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

This  3rd coma Jan thing..is going too far. If she’s not faking, (and she betta be) because  How does that happen? It’d be wayyyy more realistic if she just had a severe case of

....of? Of what...?

This is the best DOOL cliffhanger I've seen in a good long while 😄

Thanks boes/Chellfairy. I stayed away for a few weeks and wasn't happy with what I saw when I tuned back in. Thing is, I think Bonnie could be fun if she was woven into other stories maybe. And didn't Judi look stunning in her Glittery Bonnie ensemble? Maybe I liked it because it felt a bit like how soap actresses looked back in the day - glamorous and OTT. Miss that escapism. 

So I looked up NuEJ in Spartacus - he played Agron, right? - and dude still looks like AS's brother or something. I'm sorry but the beard can't cover the eyes or change the face shape. He looks related to Sami. The performance may improve but the appearance is what it is.

....now really, wth happened with Kristen? 😅

• Love 6
6 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Something is off with Sami & EJ.  Besides finding out that they haven’t had sex in a while, there is more wrong with their relationship.  She seems scared of him.

It crossed my mind that he may already know about her affair (fling?) with Lucas and is deliberately torturing her, as a reversal of what Sami did to him over the Failure affair.

ReRon loves to repeat stories, right? 

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

....of? Of what...?

This is the best DOOL cliffhanger I've seen in a good long while 😄

😬
Oopsie!Ahhh crapola! 

An extreme chronic case of narcolepsy!?

I’m disappointed in myself! Wish I could come up with something better, but right now I’m suffering from  an extreme case of insomnia.

IDK, maybe Jan is a Botanist and cooks up special herbal plant potions to make it like she’s in a coma?!?

Unlikely…but it’s Days, soooo

I just need something to believe in 🙄😖

• LOL 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oh dear....you're looking in the wroooong places honey!

tenor.gif

♥️💔

Ohhh. I  knowwww!! 😞

my life is kinda pathetic right now!!

oh why oh whyyyy did a I start watching again. Poor choices! Definitely in need of a hobby.

I was a mid 90’s - 2010 fan.

ps

Still think I have better ideas than Ron & Co , then again don’t we all!!

my 10 ye old niece could do better!

Edited by Chellfairy
Ohhh me

Many of you have written how you feel nuEJ looks old and unsexy  - and I totally agree. He’s so dowdy, unlike JS whom I could see Sami, Abigail & Nicole being attracted to. This EJ looks like he wouldn’t attract a fly!

I also have a problem with Dimera progeny acting like they care or love each other when none of them were raised together as siblings. 
Correct me if wrong, but aren’t these the only Dimera siblings raised as such:

* Kristen and he who shall not be named Peter

* Tony and Renee (and I loved their forbidden, illicit love affair when they thought they were siblings, then it turned out Renee was not his sister)

All other Dimera siblings found out about their relationship as adults (in Chad’s case, he was close enough to adulthood). Lose me with any sibling love amongst them…

• Love 6
3 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Many of you have written how you feel nuEJ looks old and unsexy  - and I totally agree. He’s so dowdy, unlike JS whom I could see Sami, Abigail & Nicole being attracted to. This EJ looks like he wouldn’t attract a fly!

I also have a problem with Dimera progeny acting like they care or love each other when none of them were raised together as siblings. 

* Tony and Renee (and I loved their forbidden, illicit love affair when they thought they were siblings, then it turned out Renee was not his sister)

All other Dimera siblings found out about their relationship as adults (in Chad’s case, he was close enough to adulthood). Lose me with any sibling love amongst them…

I'm actually enjoying the dynamics between the brothers.( Epecially with Chad) A whole lot more interesting then EJ's scenes with Sami.

• Love 3

@DisneyBoy

Kristin shared a sweet talk with Lani.  Lani convinced Kristin to turn herself in.  When Lani was not around Kristin used Chloe as a bargaining chip ( she had kidnapped her and put he in the trunk of a car ).

Kristin told Brady she only did this things because she loved him so much  

Brady in a very good scene told Kristin he did not want to be loved that way.  
 For some reason Susan before she had time to dye her hair came to visit Kristin.  Kristin knocked her out and changed clothes with her.    Ava came in looking for Rafe.  
Kristin Talked ava into keeping her secret.  
that’s all I remember 

On 6/18/2021 at 5:35 PM, norcalgal said:

Makes me wish Belle and Shawn had another kid because this one just isn't working out.

Please don't put that out there because I'm pretty sure that Jan is sick enough that she could have "collected" specimens from Shawn to have his secret baby.

Anyway, Belle and Shawn still could have kids even counting SORAS making them about 45. If Kirsten could have a child at 70 years old, anything's possible!

I do think New EJ has a lot of potential, but they gotta get the actor to ease up on the nervous little laugh he seems to do a lot. He's definitely got the Patriarch of the Family vibe down, like he could be a Mr. Sheffield from the Nanny type. Or Captain von Trapp. Can Dan sing? Are there any public domain musicals that sound vaguely like the Sound of Music? 

• Love 2
On 6/19/2021 at 1:09 AM, DisneyBoy said:

I cannot understate how exasperated I am at the direction of this whole Bonnie storyline, or rather, lack thereof. First we had her writing a book about - in part - how she raped Lucas and wrongfully imprisoned Adrienne...and somehow profiting from her crimes didn't lead to more criminal charges. Then, she starts smooching Justin and he...goes for it? With no self-awareness of how morbid and gruesome it is to get frisky with his late wife's lookalike, who also tortured her? And now, cherry on top, STEVE has to accept and support and cheerlead this relationship? WTF?

I was never a big Justin fan. I knew little of him before he showed up after months overseas to explain to Adrienne how he'd cheated on her, so yeah, he's never struck me as a Prince. But he IS supposed to be an adult and a lawyer. What kind of semi-intelligent person rants and raves and berates people into coming to dinner with him, and then, once they've shown up, starts dictating to them how they should feel and why THEY'RE the problem for not being happy??? Was kind of emotional abuse IS that? The kind I have no time for. Steve and Kayla should have listened to exactly 2 minutes of Justin and Bonnie's self-pitying sass, thrown their wine glasses in their faces and waltzed out of there with no regrets.

Justin: you want Bonnie so bad? Fine. Go somewhere deep into the woods and bone the hell out of her where none of us can see it.

..and I say this with a mountain of love for Judi Evans. I really do love her. But damn this is some nasty-ass bullshit. Move it along Ron. Move it along.

Even if Bonnie does turn out to be Adrienne - because, of course she will - that won't erase the way Justin has been turned into the adult male version of Ciara, marching around town telling people what to think of his lover. First he ruined Christmas...now it's June and he's still pulling this shit. Unbelievable.

And after it's over, we'll be expected to go "aww, he could tell it was his wife in there all along?" right? And that'll make his sickening treatment of everyone around him all better? Sorry. Nope. I'd love for Steve, Victor, Maggie and Kayla to all knock him out and send him packing to wherever Will and Sonny are hiding. I've seen terrific people do far, FAR less and get excommunicated from their families. Justin has no right to still be welcomed if he's treating people like this.

@DisneyBoy: Preacher.

Me: Choir.

Thank you for putting this shitfest so succinctly!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MsTree said:

Could someone tell me the difference?

Not really..lol 

ButI think Bi is when you are into both male and female, whereas fluid may mean you’re into anyone , at any time..maybe even anywhere, whenever and wherever 

And reserve the right to change your mind on a flip of a dime.

I seriously don’t know the difference and all the pronouns,etc. it really is all very confusing to me, all the labels.

That being said, I’m hoping I haven’t offended anyone. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, MsTree said:

Could someone tell me the difference?

Bi means you're into men or women.  Fluid means that you yourself are sometimes a man or sometimes a woman or somewhere in between.

(edited)
39 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Bi means you're into men or women.  Fluid means that you yourself are sometimes a man or sometimes a woman or somewhere in between.

Ahhh

olay.  Thank you.

Just to clarify

If am fluid, one day I may consider myself a man, the next day, identify as a woman?

Like not who I am into, but who I am?

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Katy M said:

That's about gender, not sexual orientation.

You can google 'sexually fluid' if you want to know more. Here's one definition [source]:

A person might identify as having a fluid sexuality if their romantic and/or sexual attraction changes over time.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, norcalgal said:

I think the only one that seemed authentic was Peter/Kristen because they did grow up together and were already blood related siblings. The others I agree found out about each other as adults.

Justin was a better character in the 80s like everyone else. He had his flaws but was a decent person. He also back then wouldn't have taken to Bonnie or expected everyone else to accept her either. Its sad how this storyline is making me kind of dislike him right now. I rather he go back to being the Mickey of this show and losing cases. Good thing Wally is written much better on GH(surprisingly).

• Love 5
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think the only one that seemed authentic was Peter/Kristen because they did grow up together and were already blood related siblings. The others I agree found out about each other as adults.

Justin was a better character in the 80s like everyone else. He had his flaws but was a decent person. He also back then wouldn't have taken to Bonnie or expected everyone else to accept her either. Its sad how this storyline is making me kind of dislike him right now. I rather he go back to being the Mickey of this show and losing cases. Good thing Wally is written much better on GH(surprisingly).

Justin was indeed so much better in the 80's just like so many other characters.  The Justin/Bonnie storyline is awful embarrassing and a slap in the face to the Justin/Adrienne fans.  Justin is so unlikeable and the only thing that would save this story is if it is revealed that Bonne is really Adrienne.  

• Love 5

Chanel says she does not believe in labels.  She is attracted to the person not their gender.  

although I do not really like Justin and Bonnie story they both looked so good yesterday.   Bonnie looked especially pretty and Justin looked cute his haircut highlights his dimples lol.  

• Love 4
On 6/19/2021 at 11:59 AM, DisneyBoy said:

So I looked up NuEJ in Spartacus - he played Agron, right? - and dude still looks like AS's brother or something. I'm sorry but the beard can't cover the eyes or change the face shape. He looks related to Sami. The performance may improve but the appearance is what it is.

Shit, I can see it. He should have been cast as Eric.

In any event, the actor admitted that he gained weight during Covid and I think the pajamas are a cover until he loses it.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

A person might identify as having a fluid sexuality if their romantic and/or sexual attraction changes over time.

Appreciate the definition, but it's still quite obscure since there are only two genders. Unless fluid means a permanent attraction change (and I didn't get that from Chanel), then that definition is still somewhat vague.

• Love 1

There are actually more than 2 gender identities. This is a good article on different gender identities. Chanel hasn't mentioned anything about her own gender, so I think we can assume for now that she is a cis woman.

Chanel has explained her sexuality pretty clearly on the show imo. I don't know, I just personally don't have any trouble understanding it so I can't relate to this misunderstanding people seem to be having and therefore don't know how to help. Again though, you can google it if you want to understand it. There is tons of info out there!

I love that Schitt's Creek scene too, @DanaMB. Really makes it clear in a funny way lol.

Thanks a lot to whoever said NuEJ looks like Sami's brother because now that's all I'm going to be able to see in their scenes, dammit!

• Love 8
10 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

In any event, the actor admitted that he gained weight during Covid and I think the pajamas are a cover until he loses it.

The actor deserves to do whatever he is comfortable with, but if he's willing, it doesn't hurt to see that not every man is perfect.  Plus, who *didn't* gain weight during covid?  Ugh.

• Love 6
(edited)

This is a good primer on fluidity and maybe some of the differences between that and pansexuality or bisexuality.  

I think for practical storytelling purposes, they are setting Chanel up to date both men and women on the show.  We'll see if they're planning to define Chanel's fluidity beyond that.

Thanks a lot to whoever said NuEJ looks like Sami's brother because now that's all I'm going to be able to see in their scenes, dammit!

I don't know if they look it but their kissing scenes definitely feel like it.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

There are actually more than 2 gender identities. This is a good article on different gender identities. Chanel hasn't mentioned anything about her own gender, so I think we can assume for now that she is a cis woman.

Chanel has explained her sexuality pretty clearly on the show imo. I don't know, I just personally don't have any trouble understanding it so I can't relate to this misunderstanding people seem to be having and therefore don't know how to help. Again though, you can google it if you want to understand it. There is tons of info out there!

I love that Schitt's Creek scene too, @DanaMB. Really makes it clear in a funny way lol.

I'm with you, peachmangosteen.  I think Chanel is also politely telling people she's not interested in giving people a label for herself that fits their comfort level.  She's going to be herself without any self or outside-imposed boundaries.

The gradients of identity are as infinite in shading as there are people.  Her smiling refusal to label seems to me to a gracious way of saying MYOB.

Edited by boes
  • Love 10

All this fluidity business is boring. I want to know what mama is up to. Also LK has too much filler in her face. Distracted me watching the closeups with Jake.

• Love 9

It was kind of fun seeing Jake skirmish behavior with Kate.    

as of right now I don’t see why Sami doesn’t leave EJ.  There does not seem to be any love there.  She doesn’t have to go right to Lucas.  She can be on her own for a while.  

• Love 7
On 6/20/2021 at 6:02 AM, Katy M said:

That's gender fluid. What @peachmangosteen said was she was sexually fluid. Which means she's attracted to people regardless of gender so she may hook up w a girl, date a transgender or non binary, marry man, so forth.... David from Schitts Creek is also pan. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

It was kind of fun seeing Jake skirmish behavior with Kate.    

So fun! I didn't expect to enjoy this story but I am so far. It's totally gonna wear out it's welcome though.

NuEJ and Sami have absolutely no chemistry. He had more chem with Gabi lol. 

Nicole and Xander continue to be an absolute delight. I'm interested to see what happens now that Brady knows they slept together. Also interested to see if anything comes from Phillip overhearing Brady talking about Xander working for Basic Black now.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, tribeca said:

I was too distracted by that ugly wall paper

The sets are getting worse!  The wallpaper, drapes, and furnishings lately all look like they were chosen by Julie after she had another batch of Alice's famous pot donuts.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, rcc said:

All this fluidity business is boring. I want to know what mama is up to. Also LK has too much filler in her face. Distracted me watching the closeups with Jake.

Thank you for saying this because LK is always on point but she has definitely gone overboard.  I don't get why women do this to themselves.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I was too distracted by that ugly wall paper

That reminds me, what room was that supposed to be? That was a new set, right?

19 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I don't get why women do this to themselves.  

Ah, because of good ol' misogyny.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Thank you for saying this because LK is always on point but she has definitely gone overboard.  I don't get why women do this to themselves.  

Women especially those who are portrayed as sexy have to keep it going.  Plus it doesn't help when the audience talks about how old someone looks etc. 

I think Brady will help Nicole keep it a secret and then it will blow up in her face in the worst possible way (true Nicole fashion).

Which is in character for both. I would prefer Brady/Nicole as an item if I had a choice but that's never going to happen so I am content with their friendship which is what they always will be at their core.

• Love 4

I wonder if anybody will be suspicious about Kate never having followup doctor's appointments.

Speaking of EJ's mother, did Susan leave town, or were there legal ramifications for her helping Kristin escape prison?

Following EJ's reasoning, I can move into any of the old houses I grew up in.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

NuEJ and Sami have absolutely no chemistry. He had more chem with Gabi lol. 

My initial read on EJ and Gabi is making me nervous about this EJ.  He doesn't have chemistry with Alison Sweeney even though she does tend to have chemistry with co-stars (except some of the lame people they've tried to pair her with.)  I'm not a fan of EJami so no biggie.

But I actually didn't think he had chemistry with Gabi either--another chem magnet in general.

So that makes me nervous.  I need to see him with someone like Marci Miller.  Maybe he needs to have someone who gives off a sophisticated vibe. 

Nicole and Xander continue to be an absolute delight. I'm interested to see what happens now that Brady knows they slept together.

Xander can suss out that Sami and Lucas slept together but not that Kristen was Sarah when she broke up with him.  *sigh*  But yes, they continue to be amazing and sparkly and sexy. 

And there were actually more damning moments when he caught him where they looked very guilty and like they were hiding something. I would have liked to see Xander mention that moment.  I would like to see them keep scheming.

Sorry folks, I'm already over Kate's scheme.  It's still pretty pathetic.  It's not super charming.  Chad being involved makes me hate him more.  Your wife just ran from you and this is how you choose to act?  No self-reflection at all? 

And she's also lying to Lucas. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 9
(edited)
7 hours ago, boes said:

I'm with you, peachmangosteen.  I think Chanel is also politely telling people she's not interested in giving people a label for herself that fits their comfort level.  She's going to be herself without any self or outside-imposed boundaries.

The gradients of identity are as infinite in shading as there are people.  Her smiling refusal to label seems to me to a gracious way of saying MYOB.

I get this, I really do..however

Isn't stating your fluid/ bi/ gay/cis etc. ( the list is endless).. .actually “labeling “ oneself?

Im cool with whatever/ whoever anyone wants to be, as long as they’re not a hurting anyone or themselves.

but it does get confusing and sometimes downright frustrating. The list just keeps growing and it’s such a sensitive subject. There is so much intolerance on all sides of the spectrum that it’s, in my mind and heart, almost scary dangerous.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 6
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

And she's also lying to Lucas. 

In the past, Lucas would have sniffed out her latest scheme because Kate was always scheming and he would have berated/made snarky remarks.

Right now all of Kate's kids and grandchildren think she is blind but she doesn't care because she needs to have her petty revenge.

I liked the scene between Sami and Gabi. It was like they remembered that they were on friendly terms since the Nick fiasco. I think last time Sami was in town she made a snarky remark about Gabi being a lunatic or something hence why she was not staying in the Dimera mansion.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Was anyone else annoyed with Philip today? Spying on Broe’s conversation, etc. He came across as creepy and controlling.

Nope! He’s Philip Kiriakis! It’s what he does! I’d rather see him like that than a spineless/ lovesick /desperate psycho (like when he and Brady were rivaling for Chloe’s attention 1st time ‘round)

clearly they are setting this up again, and I’m hoping Philip will come to his senses in the end.

Brady didn’t have to bother Chloe about work. It was truly an excuse to see her AND make sure nothing was going on with her and Philip.. A phone call would have been better. He can’t handle Xander? He needs Chloe’a help ASAP, while she is supposed to be recovering? 

sorry..I’m just sick of Brady right now.

• Love 4

About new nuEJ & Sami kissing. They were almost kissing with their eyes open. There was no romance with that kissing scene. Granted it was like only their 2nd or 3rd day working together but if there isn’t any heat soon they are going to be either paired with other people or he’s getting canned.

That was a nice scene between Alison & Camila today. I had to look up their ages because I know Alison has been there forever. Anyway, Alison Sweeney is 44 and Camila is 30. Which means Camila was barely born when Alison started playing Sami on Days in 1993. Boy! Do I feel old. How did that happen? LOL!!!!

• Love 4

So I've missed an entire week of DOOL episodes, so please excuse me if any of my thoughts, observations, or questions contradict last week. I thought about binging the episodes, but then I realized that I'm not enjoying the show enough right now to do that to myself.

First off, the new E.J. is..................................peculiar. It took me that long to decide that was the best word to use for him. He is nothing like JS's version, which is fine. Personally, by the end of JS's run the actor was so checked out that I was happy to see him go. That being said, this EJ still had a levelheadedness and almost maturity to him that seemed odd. Especially directed toward Lucas. In what word would EJ ever allow Lucas to live under the same roof with him and Sami. Also, Lucas is living in the Brady room above the pub because he was married to Sami more than 20 years ago - I'm basing this off Allie's SORAS. This is just getting too random. Hell, why not just let him live at the Kiriakis Mansion because Kate was married to Victor about 20 something years ago and Victor was a surrogate father to Lucas at one point. I just did not like that reasoning at all.

Back to EJ, my issue isn't even just JS's version of the character, but he seems to contradict how Sami herself was describing EJ. She seemed genuinely afraid of EJ and his wrath if he discovered her affair. She reiterated to Lucas and the audience multiple times about the sheer level of animosity and even hatred EJ held for Lucas, and that did not come across on screen at all today. Maybe this is part of EJ's plan, I admit. However, this EJ just did not convey any type of sinister or even commanding vibes. I also thought his chemistry with Sami was lacking. I'm open to this recast; I am. Unfortunately, his scenes with Sami, Lucas, Chad and Gabi were lacking for me.

Lastly, am I the only one who guffawed at Chad and EJ discussing Chad's marriage to Abby considering EJ's history with Abby. Also, I can't believe this just occurred to me today, but I realized Abby and Sami are sister-in-laws. I'm ashamed to admit that this has somehow alluded me for years. I almost wouldn't mind seeing Sami and Abby living in the Dimera house together but only if it's Kate Mansi's Abby.

P.S. - this is petty and shallow, but I hate the way the new EJ kisses.

I've always hated Chad/Gabi scenes. Today was no exception. That being said, I was shocked at how much I liked the Gabi/Sami scenes. I can't decide if I think it's in character for Gabi as she is today to have an open and honest conversation with Sami. A piece of me says no, but I liked the scene, so I'll go with it. I did chuckle at the show giving us a brief synopsis of the Gabi/Sami history. Gabi/Nick will always be my favorite Gabi pairing.

I'm honestly confused as to what Kate's game plan is. Does she just want to torture Jake/Gabi? Does she want to break them up? Is she bored and the women she usually feud with are in storylines that don't involve her, so this is the best she can do? Usually the show gives us the villain's goal, so we know what's at stake and what they can lose. Did this happen last week? 

Every time Jake mentioned EJ I wanted to throw things at him. As Gabi said, you haven't even met him. Shut up Jake. Also, Jake doesn't want to live with EJ because he's a killer? Um, Jake, Kate - the woman you've been sleeping with - has attempted to kill several people over the decades. Gabi has "killed" Nick multiple times and one of those times was finally irreversible. Kristen has killed at least one person and attempted to kill several others. Abby is a killer. Lucas is a killer. Sami has shot multiple people. That's not even getting into you're living in Stefano Dimera's house. You really need a new argument because the one you're using is failing before you can even complete the sentence.

I hate the new Kiriakis Mansion. The living room needs about 5 more windows because it's so dark. Also, apparently Victor is still around "by the pool." Am I the only one who thought JKJ/Philip looked super skinny in that turtle neck. Almost alarmingly so.

I love Phloe, but the show really needs to invest in them. Broe easily overshadows them. I am hopeful something comes of the Philip ease dropping on the Broe conversation. Philip/Nicole have a shockingly shallow history and even fewer interactions with each other. Also a EJ/Sami/Lucas/Philip/Chloe/Brady/Nicole/Xander umbrella storyline would be amazing and something that could be must see tv.

Lastly, I promise as I know I've rambled, I didn't realize people still read dirty magazines. I thought people just used their phones nowadays. Learn something new everyday, I reckon.

• Love 3