Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Well that was an enjoyable ten minute episode. Loved every minute of Xander and Gwen and always love the history of Jack, Steve and Kayla. Skipped the rest and glad of it 

Same here.  I only watch the Steve/Kayla/Jack portions and the Xander/Gwen portions (with cameos from Julie and Jack).

I'm such an idiot. I didn't understand why Jack couldn't see Dr. Snyder's shows peeking out from the blanket, until Xander wiggled his feet.  Then I realized we're  (or rather, Jack is) supposed to think the shoes belonged to Xander!   d'oh

• Love 6

Jack is an investigative reporter and he's not being nosy about this? The show finds a way to avoid writing the obvious story.

They don't even need a Spectator set with technology etc he could do this all from his laptop/phone. He could even rope Steve/Kayla into this as they need a story of their own as well.

This is not hard to write.

Course I think its short sighted to get rid of a perfectly good villain when they could be around to cause more damage yet they keep the likes of Ben and Kristen who have no business being amongst Salem Folk. Yet they are treated as no big deal.

Dr. Snyder could've been like Craig Wesley except not a family man but wasn't above being shady/grey. Yet railed against the establishment/nepotism of University Hospital.

They could've actually fleshed out Kayla vs Dr. Snyder. I already had a backstory prepared for this character and now it will never be either.

• Love 11
35 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

They could've actually fleshed out Kayla vs Dr. Snyder. I already had a backstory prepared for this character and now it will never be either.

One day, when this show is over, we should all get drunk and share our What If and They Should Have plot ideas.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:
4 hours ago, RedElf said:

What was that one word?  Malibu?

I could not make it out at all. I watched it like 10 times lol. I tried to do CC but for some reason it wasn't working.

My CC said "marabou". I had no idea so I looked it up. There's a few different definitions, from birds to chocolate. Not sure what we're supposed to infer, lol.

Gwen's reasoning for not calling the police/paramedics is dumb. People unexpectedly drop dead from heart attacks quite often. What's more, neither one of them can be charged with anything, even if they did admit Xander was holding the letter opener to his throat (but why would they??). I like both actors and welcome an excuse for them to get into some wacky hijinks together, but I wish they'd have found a more compelling reason for them to cover up Snyder's death. Gwen's fear of being accused of murder again might have made more sense if Snyder had hit his head when he collapsed, like Laura.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

I don't care what Show says, no way did Abe and Paulina have sex. Nope.  No way, no how.

Abe would NEVER take off his coat, much less his suit.

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, boes said:

I don't care what Show says, no way did Abe and Paulina have sex. Nope.  No way, no how.

Abe would NEVER take off his coat, much less his suit.

Is that why he Said manboobs 

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, Giuseppe said:

My CC said "marabou". I had no idea so I looked it up. There's a few different definitions, from birds to chocolate. Not sure what we're supposed to infer, lol.

Gwen's reasoning for not calling the police/paramedics is dumb. People unexpectedly drop dead from heart attacks quite often. What's more, neither one of them can be charged with anything, even if they did admit Xander was holding the letter opener to his throat (but why would they??). I like both actors and welcome an excuse for them to get into some wacky hijinks together, but I wish they'd have found a more compelling reason for them to cover up Snyder's death. Gwen's fear of being accused of murder again might have made more sense if Snyder had hit his head when he collapsed, like Laura.

I'm pretty sure that marabou refers to a feathery boa.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

So I watched yesterday and today's episode. Wow, the show has shrunk in running time. With On Demand, it was 42 minutes with commercials!

Nicole's dress was pretty. Brady is in no position to judge her. He's made worse mistakes with Kristen. He did point out as part of the addiction process, that you would choose someone you normally would not choose. She made a mistake that she will most likely pay dearly for. She's felt abandoned by her husband, he didn't seem to want her to visit him, he backs out of every scheduled reunion with her. I get it.

Chloe, you are right that the only man in your life right now is your son. Both Philip and Brady? Give yourself a break.

I too heard Joey's Restaurant. Why can't Steve offer Kayla the nice, comfortable cushioned seat?

Abe, you don't need to tell Roman about your love life. And Paulina does not need to tell her niece that she slept with her father. How awkward.

Xander, you are lucky that Snyder had a convenient heart attack. Yeah, you do call 911 and say he came to visit his patient at home, and then collapsed. Problem solved, there won't be any real investigation. Although it is a bit odd that Gwen has been around two folks who dropped dead. Julie thought he was drunk? The dead body would be rather heavy and you'd need a Xander and a Brady to lug him out.

Chanel's outfit was cute. But not for baking. More like a pajama set. They made the donuts and the brownies? Fresh from the oven brownies would not have icing. You'd have to wait a couple of hours before they cool and then put the icing on. Fresh from being baked recently. Tripp doesn't dance particularly well.

• Love 7
(edited)

My soap enjoyment threshold is pretty low - if there's no Corinthii, no Fords, no Michelle Stafford, and no Kale Brown, I'm probably happy.  Today's episode far exceeded that bare minimum.  Even the dorky Tripp dancing and completely unbelievable eating of a brownie that just came out of the oven without mouth burning.

I even liked Julie (!) and that's never happened before.  It must be fun for SSH to play her preachy, judgemental character with this new set of actors instead of just being a prop for boring, useless Abigail.

Xander and Gwen were everything, though.  It's truly a testament to Paul Telfer's acting abilities that Xander is someone I want to watch.  It wasn't too long ago that he was a vicious misogynist that I wanted to DIAF, which was again due to his ability to play a trash human being.  Thankfully one of TIIC saw what they had with him and didn't blow it, for once.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 14

If you out icing on your baking less than a couple of hours after it comes out of the oven, you do face the crust layer of the cake being ripped apart. Those brownies were baked and iced several hour ago. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Lots of Sarah mentions. Wonder if that means that Xander might buy a clue and wonder how Susan could possibly have called him to tip him off when she was in jail at the time. All he needs to do is realize that and know that Kristen was involved.

Chloe and Brady are both judgemental and I don't care what they have to say about Xander. Nobody on this show has a moral leg to stand on except maybe Father Eric and Kayla. The rest of them all have dubious pasts.

You're right that a lot of people on this show have done shady things, but if the rule were you had to be morally virtuous to get mad at the people who wronged you, no one would be able to hold a grudge about anything. Even though Chloe just talked about this with Sarah, I forget exactly why she has a problem with Xander, but given his history, I'm sure her dislike of him is justified. Xander let Brady think his daughter was dad for over a year. If that's not something to hate someone for, I don't know what is. When Xander finds out what Kristen did to Sarah (and him) I'm going to guess that plenty of people will cheer him on if he chews her out, even though Xander very, very much does not have a moral leg to stand on. In fact, for such a thuggish character, Xander's pretty judgmental himself.

I think a big problem on this show now is people aren't allowed to just hate people they should hate - unless it's short-term characters like Charlie or Dr. Snyder - without either be browbeaten to forgive that person or inexplicably forgiving them for storyline reasons (Justin/Bonnie, Everyone/Ben, etc.) 

5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

And enough with this big Paulina secret.  The end of the episode cliffhanger was really just an montage of scenes, some of which happened ON this episode, reiterating that there's more to Paulina's plan than we know?  Yes, we know!

Yeah, I didn't get that at all. I thought there would be some big reveal at the end of it and when the show ended without anything but that ridiculous montage, I rolled my eyes. That was so utterly pointless.

2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Abe, you don't need to tell Roman about your love life. And Paulina does not need to tell her niece that she slept with her father. How awkward.

I definitely think Paulina didn't need to tell Lani, and definitely not the way she just blurted it out like that, but why shouldn't Abe talk to Roman about his love life? They are friends. Even older males discuss their lives with each other. 

• Love 9
52 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

why  shouldn't Abe talk to Roman about his love life? They are friends. Even older males discuss their lives with each other. 

They sure do!

Real or imagined.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Today’s episode was a dud. I didn’t need an entire episode devoted to Abe and Paulina discussing their sex life. And Tripp is boring as hell.

This!

I would have been more entertained watching Jan in her coma the whole episode. Add this one to the so many hours I’ll never get back from having to watch the boring stories/characters

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

And enough with this big Paulina secret.  The end of the episode cliffhanger was really just an montage of scenes, some of which happened ON this episode, reiterating that there's more to Paulina's plan than we know?  Yes, we know!

It's starting to feel like they have literally no idea where they're going with this and they're just filling time until they figure it out lol.

9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

So I watched yesterday and today's episode. Wow, the show has shrunk in running time. With On Demand, it was 42 minutes with commercials!

The show is usually about 37 minutes total nowadays.

8 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

My soap enjoyment threshold is pretty low - if there's no Corinthii, no Fords, no Michelle Stafford, and no Kale Brown, I'm probably happy.  Today's episode far exceeded that bare minimum.  

This lol. Sure, I'm easy, but honestly yesterday's ep had so much shit I love so it was just a joy.

I had forgotten about Tripp trying to kill Kayla before. I feel like Kayla and Steve need to let up some of their 'Why does Jack want a relationship with his evil daughter' shit in light of that.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

You're right that a lot of people on this show have done shady things, but if the rule were you had to be morally virtuous to get mad at the people who wronged you, no one would be able to hold a grudge about anything. Even though Chloe just talked about this with Sarah, I forget exactly why she has a problem with Xander, but given his history, I'm sure her dislike of him is justified. 

Xander (and Theresa) left Chloe in Mexico to presumably be raped and tortured for years by El Fideo. Once they returned to Salem, they informed no one that Chloe had been kidnapped and was still there. Theresa also specifically tried to stop them from finding Chloe, but I forget why.

Xander also faked Holly's death - Chloe gave birth to Holly and has been her legal guardian a couple of times in her young life. I think Chloe had legal guardianship of Holly at the time because I remember Kristen as Nicole blaming Chloe for Holly's death. When Rafe(?) informed Chloe of Holly's death, I remember Chloe being devastated and Stefan had to carry her to her room - she was living at the Dimera Mansion at the time. So yes, Chloe is justified in her hatred of Xander.

I liked Chanel, Allie, and Julie. 

I'm ready for Paulina's scheme to come underway.

Roman acting like a horny 13-yar-old was not becoming.

Gwen, Julie, and Xander were enjoyable today.

Overall, a forgettable episode.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

[Re: Gwen & Xander] I like both actors and welcome an excuse for them to get into some wacky hijinks together, but I wish they'd have found a more compelling reason for them to cover up Snyder's death. Gwen's fear of being accused of murder again might have made more sense if Snyder had hit his head when he collapsed, like Laura.

The thing about the Gwen & Xander stuff I like are the extra insertions of British-isms ("bloody", "you lot", etc.) and the accent-off. I think Paul Telfer is Scottish but he really doesn't have a thick brogue.

• Love 8

Funny how DiMera's bylaws change as needed.

Why do Chad and Andre want Jake out if they're not interested in running the company?

Why is Kate lying in bed?  Being blind does not make one an invalid.

Does Anna get a vote?  What about Sami?  What about Belle?  Sami gave her half of the stuff she stole from Stefano, What about Meghan?

Was Rafe commissioner the last time EJ was in town?

Wow, Chad went there.  I thought he thought of Kate like a mother.  Now he's nasty to her.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I loved Chad blackmailing Kate. Let him be the dick he is all the time, show!

I saw the first bit and then the last bit but missed the middle because of a special report. Ugh. Why were there what appeared to be ink marks on Kate's face?

• Love 7
(edited)

I've mostly always hated all things DiMera, but I don't entirely hate this EJ vs Jake storyline...so far. I'm sure the show will have it swallow up all the airtime and I will soon regret my words. But I did enjoy today when Tony and Gabi were each making phone calls to drum up votes for their side.

I chuckled at Jake's comment about Peter - how no one really talks about him anymore because of stuff that happened in the past, lol. I had completely forgotten about Benjy being a DiMera until Gabi brought up his son, Steven.

Which kind of emphasizes how stupid it is that every periphery DiMera now suddenly gets a vote on who gets to be CEO, but last year it was only Shin and a few unseen board members who decided to remove Chad and gave the job to Jake. But now it's the complete opposite: all the DiMeras have a vote and Shin is the only non-family member on the board. Make up your mind, show.

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 10

So Gabi works for the competition but still has power to vote in Demira business.  
    A Peter mention even acknowledging no one talks about him .  Is Benjys son named after Steve Johnson ?

I think Kate should have wanted to vote against Jake on her own.  That would be a better plan then the blindness plan.  
   What is going on with Abigail ?  I can understand her not wanting to forgive Chad but it’s strange she does not want to see her children.  

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, tribeca said:

think Kate should have wanted to vote against Jake on her own.  That would be a better plan then the blindness plan.  

I think that is her big revenge plan. To let Jake think he has her vote and then blast him at the CEO meeting. If true, at least the stupid fake blindness story is almost over.

• Love 6

I enjoyed the vote counting and all the EJ scenes. I liked seeing Tony call Peter and Jake's crack about nobody mentioning him for some reason.

Why would Steven vote with Gabi/Jake? 

Someone should have Kristen's proxy.

Why don't Johnny and Sydney have votes? Or does your parent need to be deceased? Theo got Lexi's, Steven got Benji's, Kate got Andre's.

Good that Abby is shutting Chad out, hopefully when she returns she's not just taking everything he says like his fake declarations of believing in her first. 

• Love 1

Kate. You're doing all this for the human equivalent of day old dry, bland meatloaf.  You're better than this.

While I certainly don't think Jake is worth this stupid blindness plan, I also don't think Kate is better than this.

I think it's obvious from the DiMera stuff (and really any business storyline on this show), Ron doesn't have a clue about any of it. All they do constantly is change who is allegedly in charge.

I had forgotten about Tripp trying to kill Kayla before. I feel like Kayla and Steve need to let up some of their 'Why does Jack want a relationship with his evil daughter' shit in light of that.

Ha! Unfortunately the characters never seem to remember any of those type things!

• Love 3

I laughed when Jake asked if Benji was the DiMera family dog. Surprised at the mention of Peter in terms of the DiMera family tree/rainforest. Maybe you need to be 25 years old to vote, which is why Johnny and Sydney would be excluded. Theo has to fly all the way from South Africa to vote? He couldn't just attend via Skype or Microsoft Teams or Zoom or whatever? And the rest of the lot.

Kate, you are blind and not bedridden. You should be learning how to find your way around the house, how to find the bathroom, practising stairs. Do you ring Harold to help you get to the washroom? Does Jake help you get to it?

EJ's courtesy call to Jake was interesting. If he is confident about winning the vote, why would he do so? He's family. Jake is.... well, someone dad has never met.

Sami, you are trying too hard to not interact with Lucas.

An odd moment for EJ and Rafe and Lucas.

Chad, the lure of power sure beats your loyalty to a woman who you consider to be a mother figure. Yeah, Abs will stay in Boston for a while yet and won't deal with you for a bit. You'd think you'd send a nanny of sorts to take the kids to visit their mother. Sure she appreciates the break from them.

• Love 5
(edited)

Michael Hudson pisses you off?

Well I know you posted this for someone else, but I am going to answer! I loved Another World - loved. I was so bummed when it got cancelled. By the end? I despised that character. Hypocritical asshat.

Sami, you are trying too hard to not interact with Lucas.

Could she be more obvious? (tm Chandler Bing)

Edited by hypnotoad
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, RedElf said:

Why is Kate lying in bed?  Being blind does not make one an invalid.

And why is she lying in bed - under the covers - while fully dressed?  Who does that?  Loved Chad being the asshole he is to Kate.  And he's right, she really is coming across as pathetic.

• Love 12

I loved Chad blackmailing Kate.  She'd do it to him if the roles were reversed, and they both know it.  That was a good scene between them. 

The naming and calling of the Dimera family with Tony/Chad and Gabi/Jake was fun.  I  don't understand why Sami and Belle don't have a vote, though. 

EJ stiffing the ex collection on the drinks bill was a nice touch.  I also liked Sami standing up for herself and telling EJ not to threaten her.

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Hold up Peach.....what's wrong with Kale Brown?

Michael Hudson pisses you off?

That was me.  He played a horrible character on OLTL and his acting tics were really annoying.  Also, he was the pet of the EP at the time and his character's family ate the show for years.  I still think the Rappaports had a lot to do with the demise of that soap.  Guess I'm still bitter, haha!

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

That was me.  He played a horrible character on OLTL and his acting tics were really annoying.  Also, he was the pet of the EP at the time and his character's family ate the show for years.  I still think the Rappaports had a lot to do with the demise of that soap.  Guess I'm still bitter, haha!

The Rappaports ate the show, Asa's contempt for them mirrored my own.  Every time he spewed hate and disgust, I hollered.. Asa said what he said and did not give a F...

5 hours ago, tribeca said:

A Peter mention even acknowledging no one talks about him .  Is Benjys son named after Steve Johnson ?

Yes! Benjy named his only son after Steve.  I still miss Benjy and the show was stupid to kill him off..  The actor that played him as an adult was awesome and had great chemistry with Stayla.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Sami is married to a DiMera, but why would Belle get a vote?

Does Anna have a vote?  I don't think marriage would give someone a vote.  And yeah... why Belle?

• Love 2

Anna probably wouldn't get a vote until Tony dies like how Kate and Gabi have votes.

I think we're supposed to forget Sammi stealing from Stefano or everything she stole is now EJs.

• Love 1
(edited)

Alright, I liked the boardroom scene. Sorry, Jake- at least you still have your bike shop to fall back on.

So now it's maroon pajamas. I wonder what color nuEj will go with next.

Sami and Nicole's fakenice bitchoff was kind of hysterical.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Sami is married to a DiMera, but why would Belle get a vote?

Sami stole millions from Stefano and gave half of it to Belle.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Sami stole millions from Stefano and gave half of it to Belle.

EJ gave her the instructions on how she could acquire those millions for her and the kids. That was just money and it mostly came from non Dimera Enterprises businesses. That has nothing to do with having a vote. Apparently the vote was for Dimera children. Theo inherited his mom's while Gabi and Kate inherited theirs from Stefan and Andre.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

EDIT: explained above how Theo gets a vote. I completely forgot they ret-conned Lexi to be a DiMera.

Shocking. Kate sided with EJ/Chad/Tony. (please don't slip on my dripping sarcasm) Well, now Jake can just move on with Gabi, right? Oh of course not. This needs to be dragged out ad nauseum. 

Edited by RunningMarket
  • Love 6

I wonder why Susan doesn't have any votes. I guess because she never married Stefano.

I like Nicole's dress, but not her hair.

Are we supposed to find Rafe and Ava sexy?

This is Shin's son, not the original Shin.  The last time EJ was on the show, the son was probably in college.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, RedElf said:

I like Nicole's dress, but not her hair.

I thought the dress was lovely too, except for the sleeve part.  The scrunch around 3/4 length looked weird to me.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

Ha! Unfortunately the characters never seem to remember any of those type things!

Well to be fair Tripp did remember and apologized to Kayla and hoped she could see he changed etc. Most importantly unlike Gwen Tripp has proven to be sincere something I don't get with Gwen's sudden about face.  Steve/Kayla at times argue about him which is something you won't get with Jack and the rest of his family who have been shuttled off the show and Gwen/Xander have replaced them.

It would be more interesting if Ava hated that Tripp/Kayla get along and have a closer mother/son bond rather than play house with Rafe(although containing both characters is a benefit for other reasons).

• Love 5

Victoria Konefal just won a Daytime Emmy Award(I think for Younger Actress), she looked pretty in a long satin green gown.  Deidre Hall was also a Presenter & Rob & Jackee presented together.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2