Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Seems the same as the Red scarf dude accused of faking the texts with Bethenny who could have easily denied those texts if they were faked. 

I don't think it's the same thing at all. First, Snoopy is a bit player, no one really cares about him or knows who he is. His "celebrity" is minor and probably confined to SuperFans of the show like me. I don't have one person in my first two circle of friends or family who watch RHof anything. Bethenny is much more known and if she had lied about Dennis's child backing her to that extent, and she hates Bethenny as much as is being speculated that she is for being a homewrecker, I'm pretty sure something would have been leaked or announced. Dennis was in a relationship with Bethenny, they appeared to care for each other deeply, the likelihood of anyone, but especially Bethenny who is media savvy lieing about something that could seriously damage her relationship with Dennis and be easily verifiable doesn't make sense. This is being stated as a fact. That she lied as a cornerstone of the homewrecker/bitch case against Bethenny and it is seriously, logically flawed. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

This is being stated as a fact. That she lied as a cornerstone of the homewrecker/bitch case against Bethenny and it is seriously, logically flawed. 

I guess I missed the post about someone stating it as fact, I just saw people speculating like everyone else on this board.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, ryebread said:

Ugh.  Some of the comments.  

Accidental misuse?  Is that the new term for drug addiction?  How many pills does it take to die from?  She makes it sound like he took 2 for his pain, forgot, then took 2 more.  

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I guess I missed the post about someone stating it as fact, I just saw pepper speculating like everyone else on this board.

It's been an ongoing debate for almost two years now. When a scenario is created, based on a core scenario, the  logical assumption is that the initial premise is fact. I'm pointing out that the logic of this story to support that Dennis' kids must despise Bethenny, despite the fact one of his children backed her on air  is flawed.The speculaion for years has been, it was just a phone call, no verification of identity was made. I can't see how this scenario, logically works.  Then when none of his children have spoken out about Bethenny grieving, but it's speculated that his kids must find her grief disprespectful or whatever - it seems like a lot of pie in the sky to get to the preferred narrative.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

It's been an ongoing debate for almost two years now.

Two years is nothing when it comes to HW debates. I doubt Dennis’s family is busy reading RH message boards but I’d they were I imagine they are used to much worse. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
Just now, biakbiak said:

Two years is nothing when it comes to HW debates. 

Nope. But this one is only two years old. It's not as if this came up in season one. I expect this to keep going indefinitely. I just thought I'd bring up a different perspective.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, film noire said:

Where do you think the writer got that info?  I'm guessing from the "pal".

But if it wasn't from her camp - great! --  I await Bethenny Frankel's repudiation and denial of this article about her in Us magazine.

I don’t see why she should deny anything. If she does those who are prone to believe her will and those who call her a liar won’t believe her anyway.  what is the point? she stays quiet as she has been and all there is speculation.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, film noire said:

If Frankel is genuinely innocent of all these tasteless stories, she really needs to release a short, dignified comment saying the stories are not coming from her (or her camp) + the standard please allow those of us who loved Dennis to heal, my condolences to his widow and children, etc etc.

And is this the first public reference to Shields having been a "rehab veteran"?

"Throughout their on-off romance, “he proposed to her many times,” reveals the source. “But never with a ring.” 

That is, until April, when he, at long last, presented her with a sparkler.

“She didn’t say yes, but she also didn’t say no,” adds the insider. “She told him they first had to overcome some issues. " Including the rehab veteran’s battle with addiction. “Bethenny has a kid and she was not going to make that level of commitment given the situation,” says the Frankel pal. 

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bethenny-frankel-was-hopeful-about-future-with-dennis-shields/

If I were his widow (or kids) I'd tear Frankel's "pal" apart, both for revealing that about Shields, and for polishing her image at the expense of the man she claimed was her  "family" (even as he lies still warm in his grave).  Shut up and sit down and leave it alone for at least a few weeks, you shameful assholes. Let his actual family grieve in peace without seeing all this shit about their Dad in friggin' Us magazine.

eta: So the Radar blurb was right, and Frankel knew he was a user  - why would she leave her daughter alone with a man she knew was a drug addict? 

B, you know what issue he had to "work through" before you could have a life together "forever?"  He needed to GET A DIVORCE, something he managed to fail to do during the 2 (or was it 4, or whatever number works today) years you "dated" him.

The idea she was with a guy who proposed "many times" with no ring and no "yes" from her doesn't scream committed relationship to me.

[sorry, sore subject with me]

• Love 19
12 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

B, you know what issue he had to "work through" before you could have a life together "forever?"  He needed to GET A DIVORCE, something he managed to fail to do during the 2 (or was it 4, or whatever number works today) years you "dated" him.

The idea she was with a guy who proposed "many times" with no ring and no "yes" from her doesn't scream committed relationship to me.

[sorry, sore subject with me]

Judging by his ‘wife’s’ statements on instagram sounds like she was hanging on like the clap.  What with him being the sole support of the young children she was shielding from the wicked media.  I mean they talked every day.  He was the love of her life.  He needed to come back and own up to his responsibilities he made when they had children together.  Yeah, I think he was looking to put a ring on someone else to loosen the grip Jill had on his wallet.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Judging by his ‘wife’s’ statements on instagram sounds like she was hanging on like the clap. 

I thought  Jill Shields comments were a powerful, loving tribute to the man who fathered her children, and stood by her side for a quarter century. Nothing in any of her comments -- from him being the love of her life to talking about protecting her children from negative media intrusion and useless ratings --  struck me as her hanging on to him like a venereal disease.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 21
2 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Jill has a boyfriend

I wonder if he’s a foundation attorney because she got that Dennis Shields foundation up and running in less than a week.  But I’m sure the gossip rags saying Dennis had been to rehab has her on the fainting couch.  An entire foundation for opioid addiction named after him is inspiring though.

• Love 2

It's not that complicated.  If a guy who is separated asks me out, I tell him to clean up his mess first.  I would NEVER date a man who is only seperated..no matter what the story.  I dont get how Beth could vehemently deny that she was dating a married man?

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Christi said:

It's not that complicated.  If a guy who is separated asks me out, I tell him to clean up his mess first.  I would NEVER date a man who is only seperated..no matter what the story.  I dont get how Beth could vehemently deny that she was dating a married man?

I don't either. It doesn't really matter much to me if a marriage is over in everything but name or not. If the divorce papers aren't filed, you are still married. There might be extenuating circumstances, but it is what it is. Dennis and his wife sure didn't seem to be in a hurry to dissolve the marriage. Bethenny was dating a married man whether she wants to admit it or not.

2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Two years is nothing when it comes to HW debates.

Was Teresa in on Strippergate or not?

What exactly was happening with Kelly on Scary Island?

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
Wrong words for English doing good.
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Judging by his ‘wife’s’ statements on instagram sounds like she was hanging on like the clap.  What with him being the sole support of the young children she was shielding from the wicked media.  I mean they talked every day.  He was the love of her life.  He needed to come back and own up to his responsibilities he made when they had children together.  Yeah, I think he was looking to put a ring on someone else to loosen the grip Jill had on his wallet.

I don't understand accusations that the wife was some kind of interloper or hanger-on. Bethenny was the person NOT in a relationship with a dead man but had to tweet that his love for her was "endless".

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

I don't understand accusations that the wife was some kind of interloper or hanger-on. Bethenny was the person NOT in a relationship with a dead man but had to tweet that his love for her was "endless".

Jill wasn't the other woman.

Bethenny was. And then wasn't. And then was again (repeat ad nauseum).

• Love 21
2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

A ring on someone else’s finger doesn’t get him the divorce.  Apparent all but one child is an adult, so if was supporting them it was by choice.  If he wanted the divorce, he could have obtained one.

2 hours ago, Christi said:

It’s possible that Dennis and his wife had decided to separate, live separate lives but not divorce.  Under those circumstances (not sure that was their relationship though) I don’t care that they are dating others.  But you can’t accept a marriage proposal from someone who cannot legally marry you!

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Mrs peel said:

A ring on someone else’s finger doesn’t get him the divorce.  Apparent all but one child is an adult, so if was supporting them it was by choice.  If he wanted the divorce, he could have obtained one.

Maybe HE was the real Tom 2.0.

• Love 6

I remember someone shared a tweet (in this thread maybe?) where Bethenny responded to someone asking about Dennis' marriage. She replied along the lines that he was technically still married but separated just as she was still married but separated. This was clearly before her divorce to Jason was finalized. It's curious, though, that Dennis never made a finalized divorce a priority.

So in between the time of Bethenny and Dennis being on and off and on and off, Bethenny got divorced-divorced from Jason...but Dennis stayed legally married. All that to say that I don't buy an engagement story.

• Love 16
23 hours ago, Mozelle said:

OK, so I was looking for the tweet, and this was also returned in the search. What in the world?

Anyway, this was the tweet I was looking for

Oh sure, when she does it it's a cute, fun photo op. When I do it, I'm "drunk" and "not allowed in County Market anymore".

I hope to god she paid for all of those watermelons.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
Not a selfie if she didn't take it.
  • Love 23

Oh, too many posts to quote...

I’m actually a little bit more irritated with Jill in this scenario. True, they were still married. Not arguing that point and nobody knows why. Some people stay married for various reasons but live separate lives. Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner, for example. She won’t divorce him until he gets sober and she feels he is in a good place to have the kids. Meanwhile, Ben is currently dating a 20 something year old (he broke up with Lindsey Shookus) and I believe Jen is also dating someone on the DL. Yes, Jill and Dennis were still legally married but you could argue that they weren’t emotionally married anymore because of the fact that they were both in serious relationships with other people.  I find it a bit rich that she is now playing the whole grieving widow, “Love of MY LIFE!” Card when they were dating other people. Plus, people at the funeral knew what was going on.  They all knew that Dennis and Jill were technically no longer together and he had moved on with B. Plus, dude, stop invoking the children.  They are grown adults who probably knew their dad had issues with pain meds and understand why their parents were no longer happily married. Yes, it sucks that they lost their dad but stop using them as a shield for your mess. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Oh sure, when she does it it's a cute selfie. When I do it, I'm "drunk" and "not allowed in County Market anymore".

I hope to god she paid for all of those watermelons.

I think the store is Jewel.  For one moment I thought it was “my” Jewel, but realize the bkgrd is wrong.  Thank god.  Her hair looks nice though. 

Her comment about dating a married man is stupid.  Two years later and he was still married.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, film noire said:

If Frankel is genuinely innocent of all these tasteless stories, she really needs to release a short, dignified comment saying the stories are not coming from her (or her camp) + the standard please allow those of us who loved Dennis to heal, my condolences to his widow and children, etc etc.

Exactly - this has been my thought all along.  First of all, these stories didn't appear out of thin air.   Someone spoke to these publications.   I'm not saying it was Bethenny - in fact, I doubt it was her personally, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that it wasn't done with her tacit approval.  I think the fact that she has not released a statement like the above speaks volumes.

And the paparazzi showed up at the funeral, even though there was never a published obituary that indicated the day, time and place of the service.  Someone must have tipped them off - perhaps the funeral home, perhaps a family member, perhaps someone is Bethenny's camp....who knows?  But I doubt Bethenny has reached the level of fame where paps follow her every move and camp outside her apartment waiting for her to make a move.  (Heck, even the Kardashians often call the paps to let them know where they'll be.)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, mwell345 said:

And the paparazzi showed up at the funeral, even though there was never a published obituary that indicated the day, time and place of the service.  Someone must have tipped them off - perhaps the funeral home, perhaps a family member, perhaps someone is Bethenny's camp....who knows?  But I doubt Bethenny has reached the level of fame where paps follow her every move and camp outside her apartment waiting for her to make a move.  (Heck, even the Kardashians often call the paps to let them know where they'll be.)

Did anyone else see Wonder Woman?  Because my take was that the paparazzi were going to be there hell or high water.  Bethenny just took all the fire from the photogs so the family could get out unscathed. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Bethenny just took all the fire from the photogs so the family could get out unscathed. 

More likely no one knows what the hell Jill or any member of the family looks like. Paps want to get paid for photos, no one is buying a photo that everyone has to read the headline, the story, and the caption and a bio of Dennis to know who the hell they are.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 11
On 8/20/2018 at 10:18 PM, ryebread said:

I feel bad for Beth, but if she was asked to stay away, she should have.

On 8/21/2018 at 1:55 PM, ryebread said:

I disagree. Here's a headline I saw:

"Man found dead in his room at Trump Tower"

I think Dennis's death would have gotten some traction even without the help of Bethenny. Because, Trump.

Not a whole lot of pictures from the funeral. So it's hard to tell how much the press intruded. Hopefully the lack of pictures is a good thing.

I think Bethenny could've snuck into the funeral service undetected by the Paps and attended, but going to the gravesite should've been a no-no. I am assuming they had a service. I don't think the family would've objected to that given the purported reluctance to have her was paparazzi. She would've had some closure. Not everyone goes to the gravesite anyway. 

Redjeepgirl has a lot of balls to go onto Jill's insta and comment.  Dennis and Jill were clearly still close as she has a photo of him taking her to Bruce on Broadway recently. Who knows why they separated to begin with. Maybe it was oxy and maybe she moved on bc he moved on.  He could still be the love of her life. But for her children, he still is their loving father whom they love and her memorial to him means a lot to her kids. 

• Love 8
23 hours ago, biakbiak said:

People thought Red Scarf dude faked the texts from Bethenny, someone in the Potomac thread suggested one of the husbands brought a fake passport, etc. it’s the way of the world. 

If anyone watched The Americans, you know how easy it is to fake things or even get the real things with help. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, jinjer said:

Redjeepgirl has a lot of balls to go onto Jill's insta and comment.  

Hey, jinjer. Good to see ya.

Redjeepgirl = Bethenny?  Am I understanding this correctly that Bethenny commented on Jill's IG post?!8

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

When my grandmother died, her mother asked for all of us to come to her house for dinner the night before the funeral. My great-grandma and I were desperate for something to keep us busy and my family takes comfort food very seriously. 

It did help. My favorite part was her telling me stories about my grandma while she and I were making all the food.

Great story and IMO a wonderful example of how things should happen when there is a loss.

Despite me threatening to break my uncle's kneecaps, it was a healing night.

*ahem*-- do you honestly think we're letting you off the hook without more? Details, immediately, thank you.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, SCS said:

Great story and IMO a wonderful example of how things should happen when there is a loss.

*ahem*-- do you honestly think we're letting you off the hook without more? Details, immediately, thank you.

To set the backstory, my great-grandmother and I were not at the hospital when my grandma was taken off of life support. My grandma didn't want me to have to see it and my great-grandma couldn't bear to watch one of her children die. We all knew this well in advance. My uncle was there and took a video of her (at the end) on his phone. He pulled me aside and showed it to me. Then, he said that he was going to show my great-grandma and I may or may not have flipped my shit. I told him that if he ever showed her that, that I would break his kneecaps, beat him to death with his own phone, and that no one would find the body.

I was furious. I'll never fully forgive him for that. It was an image that I did not want and did not want my great-grandmother to have. Her heart was already broken and I didn't want him to make it worse.

• Love 15

Yeah, he was not the least bit subtle in his partiality for her, but maybe he felt sorry because she was being ganged up on and her one ally, Sony’s, was worthless in defending her. Luann would have helped more.

• Love 3

He loves her because she’ll do his bidding. He can count on her to bring the drama and call out any and all of the other women on whatever Andy wants her to. She’s his ratings bonanza. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 6

I don’t think she needed anyone to defend her. I applaud her success but she is a bitch to everyone around her and does not appear to be supportive of other woman . I believe she is a bully and no longer support any Skinny Girl products.

• Love 13

He also doesn’t want to lose her because next season filming is supposed to be around the same time that she’ll be in court to fight for Brynn. She’ll be neurotic, punchy and a hot mess. He wants footage of that. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Smitty05 said:

Why the heck is Andy so far up Bethany’s ass?

So disgusted with his behaviour on Reunion Part 1

Because they’re two peas in a pod - famewhores that specialize in assholery.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

He loves her because she’ll do his bidding. He can count on her to bring the drama and call out any and all of the other women on whatever Andy wants her to. She’s his ratings bonanza. 

I feel his behaviour and complete bias towards her takes away any authenticity this show may of had

I used to be a huge fan of hers and have lost all respect

• Love 7

That's fine, but he doesn't have to be so blatant in how much he favours her.  I of course don't know what fell on the editing floor, but what they kept up there was crazy. Andy screaming "I want to fucking hear her answer" at all of the other women so Bethenny could defend herself about the Nutcracker was the worst part.  When Dorinda was asked to explain how she felt, everyone was screaming over each other and Andy just smiled.

• Love 9

I feel like he should be a little protective of one of the women if she is being ganged up on at the reunion, however you see certain behaviour towards other women from him you'd never see with Bethenny, the death stare he gave Carole when her phone beebed, losing his temper and snapping etc. How many times did Bethenny rage at Kelly back in the old days and would never let her finish and he never snapped at Bethenny once.

Edited by coops
  • Love 3

How is Beth a ratings bonanza?  See Mozelle's post in the reunion thread about the ratings since Beth came back.  IIRC, NY doesn't have ratings as high as OC.

How did Beth and Fredrick's show fair?  Not so good.

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I just saw an ad about the second part of the reunion and Carole says to Andy, “You’re afraid of her too?”   Can’t wait to see Andy’s responses to Carole regarding Bethenny next week.

I KNOW!  I saw that too! 

My eyes got big and a tiny "whoaaaa" came out.

I've seen it once and Carole seems very much in disgust with Andy.

How many parts to the reunion? 

• Love 7

After seeing the previews, I think Carole decided to quit before the reunion started because she’s much too aggressive to care about keeping her job.  Whether she quit first, or, was fired, I think she knew she was leaving one way or the other before the reunion happened.  Bye, MeeMaw!

• Love 8

Part of it might be her business connections and associated wealth. She’s a great draw maybe for potential new housewives too? I dont know really.

Andy doesnt do things out of kindness of his heart. Whatever his reasons I don’t think it’s genuine love or friendship with Bethenny. It’s a jointly lucrative business arrangement for them both. Regarding turning on Carole, same reasons. Everyone is business and fodder for Andy. 

• Love 6