Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Except that wasn’t the tweet.  The tweet was in reponse to a widely reported false accusation, man in prison, headlines.  I do think it was clumsy but it was not a lie that women falsely report rape.  It was about a set of headlines about women that had lied, put men behind bars.  It was in January of this year and there were some convictions overturned.  Here is the complete tweet:

“I’ve just read many stories of women falsely accusing men of rape. The women bending the truth drown out the voices of the women who really need to be heard now and forever.”

Thanks for putting that tweet in its proper context, QuinnM.  The nature of Bethenny's comment is often misrepresented as being an insult to the #metoo movement and suggesting that women are all lying about being raped. But that couldn't be further from the truth.  Her words are being twisted in such a destructive way. Its a shame the point she was trying to make seems to have been been completely lost. 

3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Not contacting the media to point out someone is lying is not the same as lying. 

No, but you are guilty of cashing in on someone's lie when you profit from not pointing their lie out.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 6

The fact is that Beth lied. 

And Jason backed her lie by saying nothing when he could have fessed up.

Not contacting the media to point out someone is lying is not the same as lying 

Jason knew she was lying and said nothing. 

Yay?

2 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

No, but it is cashing in on their lie when you profit from not pointing their lie out.

This and apparently they were separated at the time it went public so why so much restraint?

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

No, but it is cashing in on their lie when you profit from not pointing their lie out.

The show was already in the can and he had been paid. There was no “cashing in” because their marriage was cancelled like the show.

3 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Jason knew she was lying and said nothing. 

Yay?

People call him out and say he is being petty when a story appears in the tabloid contradicting B even if he isn’t quoted. I can only imagine the outrage if he was quoted.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

OMG.  No one is applauding Jason in this.  I don't know what his opinion is. Or his 'guilt'.  I don't recall Jason having any opinion on this but 'that' is not what this is about.

This doesn't change the facts of my original statement. The fact is that Beth claimed to be lost at sea.  Period.  It has nothing to do with Jason.  I could give a 'f' about Jason's opinion.  He didn't' say anything and that is not the crux of the argument.   The fact is that they weren't 'lost at sea'.  If you can give the Coast Guard your coordinates or Tow Boat USA your coordinates, you're not 'lost'.  Plain and simple. 

Respectfully, it's not what it's about for you.  The point I'm trying to make is that it is, in fact, about that for other people.  I'm not trying to convince you that it should be about Jason and what he thinks for you.  I'm simply saying that I feel there is a double standard with the examining of Bethenny's words, that she gets nitpicked to death for things and called a liar for saying something that, in this particular case, Jason happened to participate in as well.  No one has ever called Jason out for being "lost at sea" in the episode, but, Bethenny gets crap for it all the time.  That happens to not make any sense to me at all.  If it's a lie or fabrication on her part, then it also has to be one on his, since he was there, participating just as she was.  Should someone else see it differently, cool, but, this is me, over here, saying, hey, this is my perspective, and it's very much about that for me.

• Love 7

I get it smores.

Bethenny lied about the lost at sea thing. And is called a liar.

Jason sat silent even though he was on the boat "lost at sea" and is deemed the honest hero for not refuting the story even tho he had ample opportunity and reason to say "this is what really happened".

• Love 10

In the the grand scheme of things, just like many people don't GAF that Jason was on the boat and lost at sea, but if it was a lie didn't refute it, even though there are post after post that Jason is this upstanding guy and every word spoken or not spoken is a golden truth - I don't GAF if this is a lie. I don't GAF if it was staged for reality TV or she was actually lost at sea. She's a "reality" "star." This was on a "reality" show. 

Long before Bethenny used the term,  "Raised by Wolves" I used it as a shortcut to explain my childhood. And to make light of it, because that's what I do.

There are so very many things to hate on Bethenny for, it always confuses me at how heated discussions on these two topics can get. She uses hyperbole. Many people do.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

The show was already in the can and he had been paid. There was no “cashing in” because they marriage was cancelled like the show.

Aww, come on ...Bethenny has been Jason's cash cow for a helluva lot longer than just the length of their marriage or duration of the show. He's still milking her collecting from her today by way of child support. What it boils down to is the more famous she is the richer she is, which means the more he gets to pocket.  He wasn't about to paint her as a liar and risk tarnishing her star. That would cut into his earning potential. 

I don't understand why he gets the benefit of the doubt here and his failure to point out Bethenny's lies is clearly obviously necessarily could only ever be due to him being a great guy who would never dream of kneecapping his wife, and it couldn't possibly be that he had a less respectable motive for keeping quiet. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Bethenny has been Jason's cash cow for a helluva lot longer than just the length of their marriage or duration of the show. He's still milking her collecting from her today by way of child support. What it boils down to is the more famous she is the richer she is, which means the more he gets to pocket.  He wasn't about to paint her as a liar and risk tarnishing her star. That would cut into his earning potential. 

They were in a divorce battle where she was calling him and his family liar and frauds so I disagree with your premise. Has anyone seen the shakeout of the child support payments? He paid back the spousal support and apparently can pay lawyers so the man can live on his own.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9

Well, in the grand scheme of things, my original post really had really nothing to do with Jason.  I just said that Jason not speaking out didn't mean that he believed that he thought Beth was right.

How did this evolve into about Jason?  The fact is that Beth lied about being lost at sea.  If you can give your location to the Coast Guard and Towboat USA, you're not lost.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 9

A reality star on a cable TV "reality" show may have lied about being lost at see for ratings. She certainly exaggerated what happened.

There are three main possible scenarios:

Bethenny either took advantage of a genuine situation that arose while at sea for ratings, the producers planned it and she went along with it for ratings, or she planned and executed the entire thing for ratings.

Why does it matter? It's been established that Reality TV is a 'loose version' of reality at best. No one was hurt here. It's a cable TV reality show.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, ShawnaLanne said:

A reality star on a cable TV "reality" show may have lied about being lost at see for ratings. She certainly exaggerated what happened.

There are three main possible scenario s

Bethenny either took advantage of a genuin situation that arose while at sea for ratings, the producers planned it and she went along with it for ratings, or she planned and executed the entire thing for ratings.

Why does it matter? It's been established that Reality TV is a 'loose version' of reality at best. No one was hurt here. It's a cable TV reality show.

Well, that doesn't change the fact that she lied.  And lying does matter.  So should other housewives be excused as well?  Or is that selective? 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Has anyone seen the shakeout of the child support payments? He paid back the spousal support and apparently can pay lawyers so the man can live on his own.

Are you suggesting Bethenny isn't paying Jason child support?  When she earns so much more than he possibly could? Oh, she's paying him child support, bet on it. I'm guessing he finally has a real job by now, but Bethenny is shelling out big money that is subsidizing his ass for sure. And truth be told, she should ... just the same as any higher earning father should support his ex wife and kids. 

But as far as Jason being set financially all in his own and having no reason to support Bethenny and her lies... I'm not so sure. Jason didn't pay back that spousal support out of the goodness of his heart or because he was flush with his own cash.  He had to pay it back because he was forced to adhere to their prenuptial agreement after the little weasel tried to break it and collected money he was not entitled to. And Bethenny probably paid for most of his legal fees. That's just how it works during divorce. (hopefully he's footing his own legal bills now -especially his CRIMINAL attorney legal fees, ha).  Those things do not say to me this is a guy who doesn't need his ex-wife's money. Quite the contrary. He has every reason to stand mute while Bethenny spins whatever yarns she needs to in order to fill the family coffers.  Because he benefits from it just the same as she does.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

He briefly quit to help Bethenny at her begging and when they were together she talked about how important he was in her business.

I wonder if she was lying when she said that.  That Jason was important to her business, I mean.  Because if she was lying about being lost at sea just to create drama, maybe she was lying about Jason being important to her business in order to prop up a storyline. 

It's funny, I recall that statement from her about Jason's importance to her business being cited as proof positive of how crucial Jason was to building the Skinnygirl empire and irrefutable evidence that he deserved a big chunk of change for his contribution.  Seems that anything Bethenny ever said that benefited Jason has been taken as true but anything negative she says about him is supposedly a big fat lie. Weird.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 12
58 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

No one was hurt here.

I think the boat captain might disagree.

Being forced to shut up is not a positive thing, imo.  I know I'd feel (at best) frustrated and thwarted if somebody used their wealth to silence me with expensive legal tactics.  I think that kind of bullying hurts people, and (at the risk of being mocked for making this point in a housewife forum :)  the larger culture.

Getting back to the original point -- I don't think Bethenny is held to a double standard, or a higher standard. 

Both Carole and Luann draw intense scrutiny and constant accusations of dishonesty, and in the Divorce  thread, Jason's honesty is questioned on every page (as is the honesty of both his parents). In other RH franchises, there are housewives who draw that kind of attention  (Vicki, Brandi, Kim, etc). So Frankel does not stand alone in having her words examined and intensely parsed -- pages were spent on Carole lying about not knowing lavender was edible (links were posted! Instagram photos provided! ) so when a mere herb is subjected to such scrutiny,  a huge claim like being lost at sea being deeply questioned seems well within bounds to me.

@breezy424

He didn't say anything and that is not the crux of the argument.   The fact is that they weren't 'lost at sea.

Right -- because say Jason lied; does it mean she didn't?

No. She still lied. 

I will say (not-so-ironically)  the one thing Bethenny and Jason have in common is that people constantly examine their words and actions for signs of dishonesty. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, smores said:

It is to me, though, and I suspect to some other people.  I feel that Bethenny gets held to some sort of bizarre standard where every single word she says is dissected and diagrammed and if there's some small shred of whatever, then she's lying and HA! got her again!  See: "raised by wolves" I mean, first, duh, raise your hand if you thought she meant it literally?  Ok, no one?  Great, glad we settled it.  Second, as other people have pointed out, you can have parents who are physically alive and there, and even buy you stuff, but, they still suck as parents.  But, it seems like because Bethenny isn't showing pictures of herself in a clearing surrounded by wolves blowing out candles of some mud-pie birthday cake or pictures of herself in a hospital bed covered in bruises and a bodycast after being beaten by a parent, then she just had a perfect childhood with ideal parents who weren't at all abusive or neglectful.  Despite the fact that her stepfather has publicly acknowledged her having a rough childhood.  

So, then you have something like the boat incident, and Bethenny is consistently raked over the coals as a liar for claiming to have been lost at sea.  But, time after time, Jason is held out as a person who is truthful, based on the show.  And because he supposedly doesn't ever leak things to the media.  Even when there are "sources close to Hoppy" that's clearly not him or engineered by him.  He's always given a pass, because somehow everyone JUST KNOWS he's honest.  And, my question is, how?  Somehow Bethenny is a lying liar who lies and the proof of it is stuff like the "lost at sea" "raised by wolves" and things like that, and yet, in a case like lost at sea, Jason was just as in on it as she was, but he's still a reliable truth teller?  

If it doesn't matter to you, that's cool.  But, to me, there's a double standard that gets old.  

She's hold to some standards because of HER :) SHE is the one who says that she's always telling the truth.... No one else said it, but HER ^_^

ETA : and that's Bethenny topic, not Jason's one, so that's maybe the reason we're discussing about Bethenny and not Jason ? (No agressivity here, just my 2 cents)

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 10

Wow, I just read through two pages of the Lost at Sea saga.

So, yeah, Bethenny lied. 

March is going to be a very interesting new saga. The Dennis/drugs situation, Bethenny's irresponsible instagram posts, losing her shit in Colombia, taking her kid on a boat with no life jacket. Hope that she learns to keep her shit to herself, and back away from social media. It's going to drag her down.

If she is going to return to the show, well, woman needs to tone it down.

• Love 9

One awesome thing about all this emotion surrounding Bethenny as a fan, even the bad, it pretty much ensures she will have a place on my TV, if she wants it, for the foreseeable future.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 10

I watched the episodes of the HWs in Colombia. 

I saw Bethenny being overly emotional, sensitive, weepy and cranky.  

I also saw Bethenny comfort both LuAnn and Dorinda.   Clean the lipstick and spit off Dorinda's face and hold Carole's hair back while she puked.

What I DID NOT see is Bethenny "losing her shit" in Colombia.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

What I DID NOT see is Bethenny "losing her shit" in Colombia.

Ironically, everyone else quite literally lost their shit in Columbia! :D

I mean, there was shit on the floor, shit on the bed, people lost their shit ALL OVER that place! 

<iz probably too amused by this> :D

• Love 12

To be clear, I do think other housewives do get scrutinized in their own ways.  Vicki?  Absolutely! And she should.  Bitch tried to run a cancer scam and weasel out of it!  But, this is the Bethenny thread and so I was talking primarily about her and how I feel her statements get examined in a different way than other peoples would.  I do feel that other wives get held accountable, but, in my opinion, there can be times where Bethenny says something that is clearly meant to be an exaggeration (say, raised by wolves), and people will use that as proof of a lie, because she obviously did not spring forth from the woods like Mowgli.  But, she's actually talking about her experience in her childhood, and using something that any number of people have said they'd say about their own lives (and I'd argue none of the same people would question those posters about saying), and, when that's pointed out, then it's "well, she's still a liar."  

Anyway, this is my opinion and I'm not trying to change anyone else's mind.  Just trying to state that A) I'm speaking specifically about Bethenny and how I feel she's viewed here B) I think other housewives are also scrutinized C) I, personally, feel there's an impossible standard applied to Bethenny at times, D) Bethenny can, of course, exaggerate, but I don't feel that she's a categorical liar.  Other people may feel differently on any and all points and that's cool.  

• Love 12

crying about her fibroid procedure because she didn't want Bryn to live with them,...

One of the most effed up things ever said on a HW show.

filming the whole mess with Cookie instead of acting like a grown-up and getting help for her dog/calming her daughter,...

...and the result is a child crying daily in remembrance of the horrible ordeal, when she should be blowing kisses at Cookie's pic in fond memory. Shameful.

That YT link in the comments...whoa.

For those interested - "24 Minute mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQtjpJIGX-M"

• Love 12

OMG. For anyone who doubts Bethenny's freakish addiction to Instagram. Now she has totally exploited Bryn. 

Just check out her latest Instastories. What a freak show! I can't even!

"I'm Bethenny Frankel's daughter". 

Jeebus.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Just check out her latest Instastories. What a freak show! I can't even!

Really?  Check out the million other instagrams because that’s what people do.  Nothing freakish about hearing Brynn announce herself.  Most other celebs show their children so that is unusual but not freakish.

• Love 6

I hardly think that's exploiting her daughter.  For anyone who doesn't follow Bethenny, Brynn isn't pictured at all.  She's apparently put something (sticker?) that says "love" on one of the dogs.  She is urging Bethenny to say "Look what my daughter did" on her instastory.  Beth tells her she can say what she did herself.  Brynn then starts to say "Look what my daughter did" but, realizes that it makes no sense coming from her, and corrects herself and announces "I'm Bethenny Frankel's daughter and look what I did!"   The entire time, the camera is on the dogs and it zooms in on whatever it is that she put on the dog (again, it's a tag or sticker that says "love")

The next "frame" is a couple of hearts superimposed over the picture of the dogs saying something along the lines of "if it makes peanut happy" This isn't really that much different from showing off a picture her daughter drew and saying "my daughter made this" vs showing it and hearing the daughter say "I made that!" in the background.  She's not on camera saying "Brynn Hoppy, Bethenny Frankel's daughter, here for SkinnyGirl . . ."

Now I'm picturing Brynn shilling Oxyclean on instagram.  LOL!

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Not "I'm Bryn Hoppy" -- so unsettling -- I guess that little girl is now hip to social media, and her place within it.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 12
14 minutes ago, film noire said:

Not "I'm Bryn Hoppy" -- so unsettling -- I guess that little girl is now hip to social media, and her place within it.

I can't believe Bethenny went from "I can hardly breathe" to "Hey Bryn, let's try you out on some Instagram".  She has out Social Media'd Carole on every level, that's for sure. No wonder she has so many followers. She has no boundaries.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, smores said:

Yes, I'm sure Bethenny is at the piano plunking out Let Me Entertain you while making Brynn go over the lyrics for hours on end.  

Who knows what is next. It's just the beginning. She is. after all, Bethenny Frankel's daughter.

• Love 7

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't her identity even more protected by saying "I'm Bethenny Frankel's daughter" vs "I'm Brynn Hoppy"?  I mean, sure, obviously we all know what Bethenny's daughter's name is, but, she's not actually using her name on social media.  I have a weird policy where I don't mention the names of my family on my social media.  If you know me, you know my siblings, so you obviously know who I am speaking about, but, I won't say the name of the sibling, because it's their right to out themselves by name on the internet if they want to.  So, Bethenny refers to her daughter as Peanut, Brynn announces herself as Bethenny's daughter.  I think it's a little layer of anonymity.  

I have another friend who has young kids that she has had facebook pages for since they were born, in their full names.  Every single post about them, every picture she has every posted of them has had them tagged.  These kids will have no level of privacy.  I see this as exploitation.  That's not what Bethenny is doing with this post.

• Love 9

Folks, this thread lately has been amped up, and riding the line of incivility. Discussions are too frequently becoming arguments here. Learn to take 10 minutes to breathe before hitting the Submit Reply button. State your opinion once and move on. Remember that no one has to defend their opinions whether you like them or not. 

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Really?  Check out the million other instagrams because that’s what people do.  Nothing freakish about hearing Brynn announce herself.  Most other celebs show their children so that is unusual but not freakish.

My kid asks me to post stuff for him on my account all the time. 

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Most other celebs children don't introduce themselves as I'm ____________'s daughter/son. 

Not like "Hi, Im Bryn".

Anyhow, she is learning young to put herself out there. She is only 8 years old and she is being taught that she has an  audience out there in the world. Not a valuable life lesson at this stage of her life. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Happy Camper said:

Most other celebs children don't introduce themselves as I'm ____________'s daughter/son. 

Not like "Hi, Im Bryn".

Anyhow, she is learning young to put herself out there. She is only 8 years old and she is being taught that she has an  audience out there in the world. Not a valuable life lesson at this stage of her life. 

My kid does the same thing though. Albiet to a much smaller audience. He likes to see likes by posts of his pictures of him or his hibbies. He likes to read comments. It's pretty normal now.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

My kid does the same thing though. Albiet to a much smaller audience. He likes to see likes by posts of his pictures of him or his hibbies. He likes to read comments. It's pretty normal now.

I can understand that, Shawna. It's just this "I'm Bethenny Frankel's daughter", rather than Hi, I'm Bryn. It's like this is how she is identifying herself, not as Bryn, but by her celebrity mom. That bothers me. It's the idea of Bryn taking on the idea that Bethenny has,  that the more you have an audience, the more value you have.

I'm sure that your boy just does it for fun, not for celebrity. That is the difference. He is not introducing himself as "Shawna's son".

Edited by Happy Camper
added a comma.
  • Love 4

I'm sure that your boy just does it for fun, not for celebrity. That is the difference. He is not introducing himself as "Shawna's son".

What if he called himself WizardBoy?  I wouldn't correct her if that's what she wants to say.  And make no mistake it is for celebrity.  That is why kids do youtube, insta, to be recognized.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Happy Camper said:

I can understand that, Shawna. It's just this "I'm Bethenny Frankel's daughter", rather than Hi, I'm Bryn. It's like this is how she is identifying herself, not as Bryn, but by her celebrity mom. That bothers me. It's the idea of Bryn taking on the idea that Bethenny has that the more you have an audience, the more value you have.

Oddly enough this just came up at my house. He had to write a prompted poem about himself and he brought it home as homework. One of the prompts was, I am the child of, .... And he named me and not his dad. Legally I have a hyphenated name that I've kept because of my son, but I go by my maiden name alone on everything. So he said I am the child of Shawna XXXX and I prompted him to add his father. And he didn't want to. He explained why and I let it be. My ex isn't horrible or anything, but our child identifies with me more. 

It sounds like Brynn does to. 

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I went looking for the smoking gun and almost convinced myself that I didn’t know how to look at an instastory. 

Agreed it was just a quick exchange with the fur babies. What a monster!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Oddly enough this just came up at my house. He had to write a prompted poem about himself and he brought it home as homework. One of the prompts was, I am the child of, .... And he named me and not his dad. Legally I have a hyphenated name that I've kept because of my son, but I go by my maiden name alone on everything. So he said I am the child of Shawna XXXX and I prompted him to add his father. And he didn't want to. He explained why and I let it be. My ex isn't horrible or anything, but our child identifies with me more. 

It sounds like Brynn does to. 

I understand that in that context and situation. It was homework and there was a prompt. " I am the child of "...." He had to make a choice.  That makes sense to me. I think that is was sweet of you to try to prompt him to add his father. That just tells me that you are a wonderful mom.

I just see it differently with this Instagram post. No one asked Bryn to identify herself. The fact that she announces "I'm Bethenny Frankel's daughter" sounds so unnatural in this situation. Why did she feel the need to even say that? And even if she did feel the need to introduce herself, why did she not just say, "Hey this is Bryn?"

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

It's like this is how she is identifying herself, not as Bryn, but by her celebrity mom. That bothers me.

It's the idea of Bryn taking on the idea that Bethenny has,  that the more you have an audience, the more value you have.

And as a celebrity kid, she already has the creepy burden of secondhand fame and paps following her around, so I don't understand why Bryn is anywhere on Frankel's public social media accounts - why not at least make her home life free of that bullshit? Why show Bryn to her mother's 1.8 million social media followers, instead of saying "At least in this house,  nobody will be filming you for public display". The kid is not even ten, and already, her mother has posted photos of her crying in front of Cookie's photo, and Bryn in the background as Cookie seizes -- jesus, let her have as much privacy as possible,  instead of busting past a child's boundaries like the Koolaid Jug through a wall.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11

In fairness is there any way to know what conversation took place before the video started? Is there any way to know what Bryn was thinking? 

As for Bryn needing to be hidden from social media... she's eight going on nine in one of the most tech savvy cities in the world. My niece wanted a cell phone when she was six and she grew up in an area that makes Hazelton look like the big city. There's no point in demanding she be raised without the things that other kids do, and that other parents do. Bethenny sure isn't the first parent to post social media stuff with her kid.

• Love 6

Actually, if you listen to the story, you can clearly hear BRYNN say "tell them your daughter did" in regards to whatever it is she put on the dogs.  At that point, you hear Bethenny say that Brynn could tell them herself, which is when she starts off saying "Your daughter did" then corrects herself to announce it as "Bethenny Frankel's daughter" did.  So, she was prompted, but the prompt didn't come from Bethenny out of nowhere, it came because Brynn was urging Bethenny to put whatever she had done with the dogs on instagram.  Bethenny was just telling her she could say it herself, since (I imagine), she could clearly already be heard saying "tell them"  Kids are weird, there's a 50/50 chance I'd have said "This is Smores and I did this" vs "This is SmoresMom's daughter and I did this" when I was a kid if I was announcing something.  Granted, because of my age, the closest example I have is of answering the phone (I have evidently sounded similar to my mother since I was around 8), but, I frequently would alternate between "No, this is Smores" or, "This is SmoresMom's daughter" when someone thought I was SmoresMom on the phone.  So, I don't think Brynn's wording is that odd.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, smores said:

Brynn was urging Bethenny to put whatever she had done with the dogs on instagram. 

Exactly - the kid has figured out where the audience is and wants to play to them -- I think that's sad and unsettling.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8

Good god I feel like I could smoke a pack of cigarettes and I don't even smoke.  I also thought it was creepy/mildly obnoxious that Bryn announced "I'm Bethenny Frankel's daughter."  I didn't like it.  Who the f*ck cares that she stuck a bunch of shit on the dog's belly?  Bethenny stories the most inane things and in my opinion is pushing the envelope as far as she can regarding Bryn's presence on social media.  Maybe I should run outside and story the house numbers I just put on my garbage can this afternoon.

image.thumb.png.d9a0e2af353037d4e94c494cfc94ec34.png

"Your bravado is embarrassing"

• Love 12

I use IG exclusively for pictures. It's really to save my friends and family from my politics. I can be intense.

And the stupid shit I post. I don't know how serious IG is supposed to be.

So I say to Bethenny, Mention EVERYTHING. Especially while you're trying to distract yourself from grief.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I use IG exclusively for pictures. It's really to save my friends and family from my politics. I can be intense.

And the stupid shit I post. I don't know how serious IG is supposed to be.

So I say to Bethenny, Mention EVERYTHING. Especially while you're trying to distract yourself from grief.

I share nothing on social media. In fact the only one I have an account on is Instagram and with all due respect everything everyone posts on there is inane. It’s more mindless entertainment. 

I watch to see what the housewives are up to.

yes I will reluctantly admit I follow all the kardashians minus Kourtney because she is the worst of them.

i follow a few more celebrities because I have no patience for the E Channel and sometimes a girl just needs to know.

Edited by bagger
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I wonder if she was lying when she said that.  That Jason was important to her business, I mean.  Because if she was lying about being lost at sea just to create drama, maybe she was lying about Jason being important to her business in order to prop up a storyline. 

It's funny, I recall that statement from her about Jason's importance to her business being cited as proof positive of how crucial Jason was to building the Skinnygirl empire and irrefutable evidence that he deserved a big chunk of change for his contribution.  Seems that anything Bethenny ever said that benefited Jason has been taken as true but anything negative she says about him is supposedly a big fat lie. Weird.

I thought a few of the storylines on BEA were made up just for storyline purposes - like going to the Poconos every weekend - drama!!! That was never going to happen, cause a fight between the new parents and it's resolved. Also Bethenny forgetting to turn on the oven at Thanksgiving - such the cook! Such hijinks! And when Jason's friends came and his flight was delayed. Just seemed to me a lot of that show was manufactured storylines, including "Jason helps with the business." Now he did quit his job I think to be at Bethenny's beck and call. But how much he really helped with the business? She had a partner! Just my 2 cents. A lot of that show was staged. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Moving to the other thread because it’s about b/j

Wait - there's a thread about blowjobs???  (Or is it "blowies" on the Carole thread?).   ;-D

This place is getting a little too intense and repetitive for this Constant Reader, and since I can't post great gifs of frolicking baby goats & the like, I thought it was time for a little juviality.

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Wait - there's a thread about blowjobs???  (Or is it "blowies" on the Carole thread?).   ;-D

Oh god, blowies.

How did I forget?

(Snomies and blowies and bears, oh my!)

I thought it was time for a little juviality.

...and jovanity! ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 15