Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, babykin said:

I am in awe of how much people defend her.

It's so much less toxic for the good feelings. I should know, I let Carole wind me up, but the season is over and now I don't care much about any of the women again.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

It's so much less toxic for the good feelings. I should know, I let Carole wind me up, but the season is over and now I don't care much about any of the women again.

Good closing thoughts, ShawnaLanne, as we head over to the next franchise and get to enjoy the real star of all of these shows: Giggy!

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Jel said:

Good closing thoughts, ShawnaLanne, as we head over to the next franchise and get to enjoy the real star of all of these shows: Giggy!

Thank you!

Oh my GOD I'm so excited for Denise Richards to mix that up. There's already news stories about LV and Miss Pat the Puss not liking her!

I hope Denise doesn't try to go after LV, she, like Bethenny, are Teflon tough with Bravo.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Mmmm, I still can't find it & all Conde Nast pubs are now under paywall, so I ignore it all except New Yorker & Vanity Fair, & just cherry-pick a few things I get for free.  Soooo I'll just assume this is merely a pluggy puff piece?  Anyhoo, right now, I'm really skeptical from looking this over-

https://shopskinnygirl.com/collections/all

This is reminding me of Sonja's "collections".  Er, didn't Vicki have vodka & fake diamonds?   Remember Jax & his super swell sweater line? 

Not impressed by ANYTHING on that site. 

Good day for Bethenny?  Eh, I give Bethenny's squad of PR gals credit -- they got her a cover piece in WWD.  Pretty good work, Bethenny PR squad!  I'll bet she yelled & screamed at them long & hard to get that.  And promised them she won't fire 'em until next week instead of tomorrow.  Will there be WWD cover pieces when this fails?  Uh, probably not . . .

I think I will just buy everything at Target, where I expect the designs will be more creative, and where I will pay less.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I think I will just buy everything at Target, where I expect the designs will be more creative, and where I will pay less.

Well, you've reminded me that I see 2 huge probs with her jeans.  One is (that I've stated above) I'm not sure who will want to have SG stamped on her butt.  And the other is -- how successful can a jeans line be if it's not widely avail in retail stores, where you can try on for fit?  Jeez, I know I have to try on at least 5 pairs in the same size to get one to fit the way I like.  

Hmmm, what's that I smell?  The stank of failure -- or Moaner's streaming poop?

Have to admit, when (not if) she fails with this jeans thing, I look forward to Moaner rubbing the failure in her face.  She'll deserve it!

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Well, you've reminded me that I see 2 huge probs with her jeans.  One is (that I've stated above) I'm not sure who will want to have SG stamped on her butt.  And the other is -- how successful can a jeans line be if it's not widely avail in retail stores, where you can try on for fit?  Jeez, I know I have to try on at least 5 pairs in the same size to get one to fit the way I like.  

They are in store on 9/10.  Not sure why you’re thinking they’re not in stores.  I’ve got about 3 posts saying there is a count down and a front page WWD on it.  But you can still complain that the store is too far away.

I’ve not seen her logo on the jeans.  There is a pair for spring that in color and white stitching is a throwback and she said the logo would be on those.  So that’s one but you’ll have to wait until spring to hate it.

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 8

Her jeans will be in stores, but honestly I buy all of my jeans on Nordstrom.com. Their return shipping policy is so easy to deal with that it just isn't a big deal and the selection is WAY bigger than in store. I can't remember the last time I went into a store to try on jeans or shoes, whereas I will go in to look at things like new tops, sweaters, etc.

I guess it’s missing me why the locations are some big top secret.   She’s not releasing the next iPhone or anything.  I know she is the marketing and business guru, but I as a consumer find it silly.  And why on a Monday?  If I’m going jeans shopping it’s gonna be over the weekend.  Friday would have been a great reveal day!  Payday, weekend....not very shopper friendly, if you ask me, to be all coy about it. 

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

I guess it’s missing me why the locations are some big top secret.   She’s not releasing the next iPhone or anything.  I know she is the marketing and business guru, but I as a consumer find it silly.

Honestly its just a marketing technique - to make the product seem less attainable so you want it more. 

Not defending it - its a tactic I don't like either - but it's hardly a Bethenny centric sort of thing.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

And why on a Monday?  If I’m going jeans shopping it’s gonna be over the weekend.  Friday would have been a great reveal day!  Payday, weekend....not very shopper friendly, if you ask me, to be all coy about it. 

This weekend is the kick off for New York Fashion Week.  I’m guessing that influenced the timeline.  She’s intimating that she is not in the Hamptons this weekend so maybe some lead up events.  I dont get the secrets either.  There are multiple stores so unlike Ellen/Walmart there might be a competitive reason to not announce until ‘everyone’ was ready.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

What, exactly, is meant by a "better department store"?

Is there somewhere that the masses aren't allowed to shop?

It is a retail term actually. There are tiers of department stores. Belks and those types would be the bottom ones. Better department stores are your mainstream, mid-level department stores like macy’s, Dillard’s, Nordstrom, etc. Then your high end would be Saks, Neiman, Bergdorf, etc. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

It is a retail term actually. There are tiers of department stores. Belks and those types would be the bottom ones. Better department stores are your mainstream, mid-level department stores like macy’s, Dillard’s, Nordstrom, etc. Then your high end would be Saks, Neiman, Bergdorf, etc. 

Ah, gotcha. Thank you, kindly.

You really do learn something new every day.

• Love 1

The fact that there has been no announcement about any deal with a retail chain may be saying something.  Just sayin.

I would put Nordstrom into higher end.  It's on par with Saks at the very least in my neck of the woods.  I don't picture Beth's jeans in Target or Walmart because of the price point.  Same with Kohl's.  So I don't know who her target is as this point.  I have a feeling that the product is going to end up at Marshalls  and TJ Maxx.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

The fact that there has been no announcement about any deal with a retail chain may be saying something.  Just sayin.

I would put Nordstrom into higher end.  It's on par with Saks at the very least in my neck of the woods.  I don't picture Beth's jeans in Target or Walmart because of the price point.  Same with Kohl's.  So I don't know who her target is as this point.  I have a feeling that the product is going to end up at Marshalls  and TJ Maxx.

Maybe they can donate them to a shelter, with the sparklers.  

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Maybe someone can do some on the ground work and see if their local stores are clearing way for the SG jeans.  I don’t have that in my agenda for the weekend unless she is going to be stocking Sam’s Club.  Again, it’s weird.  You’d think at minimum there would be buzz from the retailers.  Even a hush hush coming soon type of hype.  Guess tho, that answers my masses or classes question.  If she was going for the masses (me, middle class but jean lover wage earner), she could have been more warming about it.  I really dislike her but would consider her product of it was to my liking.  This hard to get game is not my cup of tea.  Does she have a NYFW run set up?  That should be public knowledge.  

• Love 3
On 9/7/2018 at 6:24 PM, QuinnM said:

They are in store on 9/10.  Not sure why you’re thinking they’re not in stores.  I’ve got about 3 posts saying there is a count down and a front page WWD on it.  But you can still complain that the store is too far away.

I’ve not seen her logo on the jeans.  There is a pair for spring that in color and white stitching is a throwback and she said the logo would be on those.  So that’s one but you’ll have to wait until spring to hate it.

Well, I said it doesn't seem to be WIDELY avail in retail stores.  Idk, but if it isn't, I predict it will fail.  There's also nothing about these jeans that's different enough to stand out in an extremely crowed field.  So unless every word outta her mouth next season is promoting them, they will die a quick death, which I bet Bethenny will never acknowledge.  As far as hating it?  Nah, too much effort in that.  Just suspect it will fail.  

Look, Bethenny has convinced herself she's a business genius.  I don't buy it.  Not.  For.  A.  Second.  She got very, very, very lucky with her original Skinny Girl cocktail idea -- and that's all, folks.  NONE of her other ideas have panned out.  So she was really in no position to get on Moaner's jock. 

I don't want this to fail.  I don't especially care one way or another.  Just saying I'd be shocked if it lasts till next year.  This expansion of her brand to jeans makes absolutely no sense to me.  Still, I must admit I'm curious, so I'll be watching to see if she ends up going on the shopping networks to sell 'em, the way Heather has.  Heather seems to be able to sell her jeans that way, so maybe Bethenny could do the same . . .

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 13
9 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Well, I said it doesn't seem to be WIDELY avail in retail stores.  Idk, but if it isn't, I predict it will fail.  There's also nothing about these jeans that's different enough to stand out in an extremely crowed field.  So unless every word outta her mouth next season is promoting them, they will die a quick death, which I bet Bethenny will never acknowledge.  As far as hating it?  Nah, too much effort in that.  Just suspect it will fail.  

Look, Bethenny has convinced herself she's a business genius.  I don't buy it.  Not.  For.  A.  Second.  She got very, very, very lucky with her original Skinny Girl cocktail idea -- and that's all, folks.  NONE of her other ideas have panned out.  So she was really in no position to get on Moaner's jock. 

I don't want this to fail.  I don't especially care one way or another.  Just saying I'd be shocked if it lasts till next year.  This expansion of her brand to jeans makes absolutely no sense to me.  Still, I must admit I'm curious, so I'll be watching to see if she ends up going on the shopping networks to sell 'em, the way Heather has.  Heather seems to be able to sell her jeans that way, so maybe Bethenny could do the same . . .

100% this.  I’m not even trying to hate on her jeans thing, either.  I’m intrigued, to be honest.  But I’m clearly not her target market.  Yes, I would spend a lot of money on a good jeans pant, if I loved it.  And yes, I’ve also purchased reality show people’s products (I love love love my Kylie lip kit).  We can all sit here waiting outside Dillard’s, I suppose, for her monumental jeans reveal.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

Maybe someone can do some on the ground work and see if their local stores are clearing way for the SG jeans.  I don’t have that in my agenda for the weekend unless she is going to be stocking Sam’s Club.  Again, it’s weird.  You’d think at minimum there would be buzz from the retailers.  Even a hush hush coming soon type of hype.

I personally don't care if it fails or not but really, when was the last time there was a massive huge advertising campaign complete with stores clearing room for product while consumers buzzed outside? Waiting?

Oh right, the Harry Potter books. 

But I've never seen that sort of buzz for jeans, even when I was a teen diddy bopping around the mall looking for cool clothes at Chess King. 

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I personally don't care if it fails or not but really, when was the last time there was a massive huge advertising campaign complete with stores clearing room for product while consumers buzzed outside? Waiting?

But I've never seen that sort of buzz for jeans, even when I was a teen diddy bopping around the mall looking for cool clothes at Chess King. 

I like Bethenny, and I appreciate that she has plus sized jeans that will fit me, but there is no way in hell I'm putting a pair of skinnygirl branded jeans on this plus sized ass.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I like Bethenny, and I appreciate that she has plus sized jeans that will fit me, but there is no way in hell I'm putting a pair of skinnygirl branded jeans on this plus sized ass.

Agreed. But it amazes me the brands that do well. I mean, there are people who are proud to say they own nothing but "Baby Phat" clothes and thats a brand name that makes my brain cringe. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

She was plugging them the whole season like it was a phenomenon.   But no, never seen this kind of hype for jeans either.  It’s the way she set it all up.

As for non jeans products and buzz / hype?  Any big video game, gaming system, iPhone, iPad....people get in line for days for some of the stuff.  Black Friday y’all?

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Is it fact that they all explicitly say Skinny Girl in the outside of them?  I’m being sincere.  I would honestly like to know how much branding is visible.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Is it fact that they all explicitly say Skinny Girl in the outside of them?  I’m being sincere.  I would honestly like to know how much branding is visible.

I don't know. I hope it's just the logo without the name or SG. But I would know.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

I don't care enough to find out... stopped wearing jeans years ago.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I think a lot of women would feel exactly the same as you.  Did she not think of this?  Soooo who is the audience for this?  Viewers of the show . . .  and that's it?

So was she promoting the jeans all season, or was it just that one scene with Sonja?

Is the logo on the jeans -- "SG", rather than SkinnyGirl?  And would that make a diff to women who don't see themselves as a "Skinny Girl" or even wanna be one?  Ugh, that awful brand name she's stuck herself with.  I just think it's what will sink this jeans thing in the end.  

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I think a lot of women would feel exactly the same as you.  Did she not think of this?  Soooo who is the audience for this?  Viewers of the show . . .  and that's it?

Again, three words - "Baby Phat Jeans" - really popular brand that started in 1999 and blew up around 2004. 

I know this because of an episode of Judge Judy where the plaintiff was arguing her case of damaged clothes deserved more money because her clothes were Baby Phat this and Baby Phat that and Baby Phat was so popular and expensive and I'd never heard of it and couldn't conceive walking around with "Baby Phat" on my ass. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Again, three words - "Baby Phat Jeans" - really popular brand that started in 1999 and blew up around 2004. 

I know this because of an episode of Judge Judy where the plaintiff was arguing her case of damaged clothes deserved more money because her clothes were Baby Phat this and Baby Phat that and Baby Phat was so popular and expensive and I'd never heard of it and couldn't conceive walking around with "Baby Phat" on my ass. 

Ha.  I had a Baby Phat tank top when it was cool.  But that fad went out about the same time as Rollin with my homies / snowmies / Biggie Smalls (RIP) / get off my jock. God bless the 90’s.  I was more of a Lucky Brand jeans bitch anyways.  Do those even exist anymore???  Not gonna lie, I still have a plethora of Lucky brand hoodies packed in storage in my basement. ?

bringing back to B.  Jeans come and go.  She may have a good year or so and then the next great thing comes along. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Not familiar with it, but I bet there's some cool factor involved.  Mmmm, is there a cool factor connected to SkinnyGirl?  Now trying to picture oodles of women forming a stampede to get SkinnyGirl jeans cuz they're so way cool . . . and I'm just not seeing it.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Not familiar with it, but I bet there's some cool factor involved.  Mmmm, is there a cool factor connected to SkinnyGirl?  Now trying to picture oodles of women forming a stampede to get SkinnyGirl jeans cuz they're so way cool . . . and I'm just not seeing it.

Baby Phat is / was Kimora Lee Simmons brand.  For reference.  So yes, another celeb vanity brand around about the same time Sean Jean (Puffy) was big.  It certainly had its demographic, but pretty certain it’s not all that is used to be.  Which begs the question you previously bought up.  What IS the demo for SG jeans?  Clearly not mid mom like myself.  

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Baby Phat is / was Kimora Lee Simmons brand.  For reference.  So yes, another celeb vanity brand around about the same time Sean Jean (Puffy) was big.  It certainly had its demographic, but pretty certain it’s not all that is used to be.  Which begs the question you previously bought up.  What IS the demo for SG jeans?  Clearly not mid mom like myself.  

Oh yeah, totally forgot that's Kimora's brand.  I used to luv her.  She was so cute -- and very much a fashion icon in her own way, right?  Uh, I always said Bethenny dresses nicely, but is she a fashion icon?  Suppressing giggles & chuckles.  Seems like a stretch to me.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

That’s interesting. I’m pretty sure that when Beth attended Sonja’s meeting for her line of clothing, one man would not disclose the list of retailers who had contracted to stock/sell the Sonja Morgan line. This irked Beth to a great extent. Did she compare it to something organized-crime adjacent? I’m not 100% sure. But this, in addition to a few other issues resulted in Beth excusing herself early-ish from the meeting.

Her hippocampus ain’t much. But check out her hippocrisy.

Hahahaha !!!! This is awesome! Regular rules do not apply to Bethenny. 

15 hours ago, babykin said:

I feel like someone here just said it best - if you have had a narcissist in your circle or god forbid had a relationship with one (7 years here), Beth is triggering. I know others have said Carole is the narc and I'm not trying to convince anyone. In my experience, it's B. I think that Carole basically had enough and when you disconnect from a narc, it's extremely painful. 

I loved Beth. I bought her books. So as RosieJuliemom said: we know how she used to behave. 

This doesn't make Carole a kind or nice person. She has her own schtick, I just don't find it upsetting. Pretentious, yes. An asshole to Tinsley, YES. I will not look at Carole the same after that. But if it comes down to who is toxic, gas-lighting and actually someone I personally couldn't be around, that is Bethenny always.

I have a narc and I had to totally break. It is tough but you have to wait for karma to come around for the narc. Others will start to them too.   Bethenny might be able to have the reunion moderated to her advantage by Andy but her personal life is in a shambles right now with the 100 years war over Bryn and losing Dennis. Andy cant moderate her life into winning her battles. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Maybe they can donate them to a shelter, with the sparklers.  

Send them to the next hurricane zone with a gift card in each pocket.

6 hours ago, geauxaway said:

never seen this kind of hype for jeans either.

Am I really that much older than y'all?

Brooke-Shields-Calvin-Klein-Ad-e1490631242310.jpg

• Love 15

I'm definitely a jeans girl and some of the pubs I work on cover these new launches, but the only jeans launch I can remember in recent history that people were making a big deal out of was Khloe Kardashian's and that was partially bc she's a Kardashian so every launch is a big deal because the coverage brings you clicks and partly because her line was size inclusive. I would assume they will pull out the launch press next week. 

No marketer or PR person worth her salt would launch anything on a Friday because it will get no press. That's why Fridays are known as your "news dump" day. That's when all the PR people dump bad or negative news about their celebs or a company. They send you that stuff on a Friday knowing it either won't get much coverage because people are on their way out the door for the weekend or that whatever coverage it gets won't be widely read because the public is busy with the weekend. Launching on a Friday is deadly. Someone going into rehab and and it will look bad to the parents of their young fans? Send the release on a Friday and hope fewer reporters see it or care.

I would guess women will wear something with SG on it if it makes your ass look good. If it says "Skinny Girl" on a visible logo, I think it will be dead in the water. I'm hoping they are smart enough to realize that. Personally, I'm very loyal to my AG jeans, but do have some sprinklings of others. We usually get sent these things, so I'll let you know if we do and some of our editors try them on. 

Edited by Otherkate
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Maybe someone can do some on the ground work and see if their local stores are clearing way for the SG jeans.  I don’t have that in my agenda for the weekend unless she is going to be stocking Sam’s Club.  Again, it’s weird.  You’d think at minimum there would be buzz from the retailers.  Even a hush hush coming soon type of hype.  Guess tho, that answers my masses or classes question.  If she was going for the masses (me, middle class but jean lover wage earner), she could have been more warming about it.  I really dislike her but would consider her product of it was to my liking.  This hard to get game is not my cup of tea.  Does she have a NYFW run set up?  That should be public knowledge.  

I went back to the SkinnyGirl FAQ link where one of the questions was "Where are Skinnygirl Jeans be sold?"

Strangely enough, the site has been removed. Hmmm. Wonder if the genius who worded that question in that way was fired? Why would they remove the Skinnygirl FAQ site? It was there yesterday.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Wasn't Bethenny the one harping on SonJa about how she had no distributors or distribution plan in place for her toaster oven that was "ready for production"?

• Love 5
1 minute ago, SweetieDarling said:

Wasn't Bethenny the one harping on SonJa about how she had no distributors or distribution plan in place for her toaster oven that was "ready for production"?

Don’t remember the toaster oven questions. Heather really was involved with that one.  Didn’t someone’s husaband who was a branding executive try to help her too? I do remember the clothing line questions.  I saw her questions to Sonja’s partners as her not so subtle shade.  I think she thought there was no clothing line at all and then were just scamming  her for money.  I remember all the people sitting around the table with titles like Director and VP.  And the rent a conference room.  My only question for Sonja was are you nuts?  The fact that Sonja has a website and ANY clothes is a testament to Sonja’s pure force of will.  I give her credit.

21 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

This is from the FAQ on her website:

Where are Skinnygirl Jeans be sold?

Skinnygirl Jeans and Skirts will be available in sizes 24-32 and 14W-24W. 
Skinnygirl Tops will be available in sizes XS-XL and 2XL-4XL.

If you don't find what you're looking for here, try a better department store or specialty store near you and check back frequently for the latest inventory.

Does that answer your question? Nope, I didn't think so. LOL.

A love an FAQ that doesn't answer it 's own questions in a way that makes sense.

And love this "Where are Skinnygirl Jeans be sold"?

Ok...

https://shopskinnygirl.com/pages/frequently-asked-questions

So, I just followed the link only to come up on this page. Now you need a password to enter.

skinnygirljeans_password.jpg

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

Since the launch is on Monday, I doubt it's anything more dramatic happening other than they are updating everything for Monday.

I asked the online chat person on the page where Skinnygirl jeans will be sold and got this response:

Thanks for visiting us! Our website isn't live yet, but you can enter your email address to sign up for a contest to win a pair of exclusive jeans once we launch on the 10th of September!

• Love 3

Even the FAQ page? Because that's the link that takes one to the "We'll be back soon" page. That they're also saying to come back Monday for the store opening tells me that the jeans will likely be sold online; that they probably don't have a distribution deal with any brick & mortar stores.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Is it a fact that they all explicitly say Skinny Girl in the outside of them?  I’m being sincere.  I would honestly like to know how much branding is visible.

Initially there were insta stories with the show room etc.  Since the fall showing its just been the photo shoots.  I have never seen any logo - even on the tags.  Then in the spring line a couple of weeks ago she made a point of showing the vintage inspired jeans with a logo like it was a big deal.  So if you WANTED as SG logo I think you need to wait until spring.  But I can’t guarantee that.  There’s re no logos on any of the T-shirt’s, sweaters, jackets etc.

Speaking of insta - over the last months she has pivoted on what’s on SM.  Employees and offices etc are no longer in her insta stories.  There is a brand Insta and twitter, SkinnyGirl.  So I think she is slowly becoming more corporate.  Which I think is probably a good thing.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Mozelle said:

Even the FAQ page? Because that's the link that takes one to the "We'll be back soon" page. That they're also saying to come back Monday for the store opening tells me that the jeans will likely be sold online; that they probably don't have a distribution deal with any brick & mortar stores.

Yes, generally when you are updating your website for a launch everything is a mess on the back end and you point everything to a We'll be back soon page. If we don't see anything change by EOD Monday, I'd say something weird was going on.

• Love 8

Yes, generally when you are updating your website for a launch everything is a mess on the back end and you point everything to a We'll be back soon page. If we don't see anything change by EOD Monday, I'd say something weird was going on.

Makes sense. Thanks!

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 4

I guess I find it odd because in my experience (now, I don't work as a programmer, but I've worked on projects where the thing I'm working on will be posted online) when a website already exists and there are updates or even a nice facelift being done to the website, all the work is usually done on the test server. This is so as not to disrupt what's going on with the public-facing website.

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

I'm definitely a jeans girl and some of the pubs I work on cover these new launches, but the only jeans launch I can remember in recent history that people were making a big deal out of was Khloe Kardashian's and that was partially bc she's a Kardashian so every launch is a big deal because the coverage brings you clicks and partly because her line was size inclusive. I would assume they will pull out the launch press next week. 

First off, thank you for the professional input.  I’ve got friends in the booze side of this but that is a whole different animal.

Khloe - ok her lip kit was a phenom.  Similar to the SG booze.  She dominated the market.  And now she is looking to pivot and expand.  I bet we see the same thing that SG is going through.  Some work and some don’t.  NONE will be the phenom that the anchor product was.  And that’s okay.  It’s like well this didn’t make 100 million, it only made 25 million so it’s a failure.  I’m good with 25 million.  I’m sure 

There must be a soft spot in the market for jeans of a price point.  Ellen Degeneres and Walmart are doing jeans?  Let’s not sniff at the money that Jaclyn Smith and Jessica Simpson have made selling clothes.  I remember accidentally being in a Dillards(?) when Jessica Simpson was appearing.  This was years into her clothing being available and double years since there was an album.  There were girls and women going nuts for her to sign the sole of their shoes.  I don’t own anything with her name on it but she makes a fortune.

I actually was on a college campus last week.  EVERY woman on that campus has jeans on that hug every bend and twist of their legs. So this style of jean is very popular.  I personally buy lots of vintage line jeans so this is not my aesthetic.  But I am thinking that I need some fancy boots this winter.  I need a tight jean to work with those so I might be in the market.

I’m fascinated watching.  And because Bethenny has shared so much of the path to the launch I know a lot more about what it takes to bring a new brand to market.  I mean it’s been 9-12 months since the showroom opened.  Before that it was a year of designing the line and hiring the staff etc.  This stuff doesn’t happen overnight.

7 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

I guess I find it odd because in my experience (now, I don't work as a programmer, but I've worked on projects where the thing I'm working on will be posted online) when a website already exists and there are updates or even a nice facelift being done to the website, all the work is usually done on the test server. This is so as not to disrupt what's going on with the public-facing website

Alls I know is that on September 12th the ENTIRE Apple store will be closed for the new items launch.  What if I need something like a charging cable?  They aren’t announcing new cables are they?  Why the whole store?  Yes, I’m whining.

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

I guess I find it odd because in my experience (now, I don't work as a programmer, but I've worked on projects where the thing I'm working on will be posted online) when a website already exists and there are updates or even a nice facelift being done to the website, all the work is usually done on the test server. This is so as not to disrupt what's going on with the public-facing website.

Everything is done on the test server for weeks ahead of time, but all that is is a replicate of the live site -- it isn't the actual backend/database of the live site and the info in that test site is just fake info to make sure things look the way they should and work the way they should and that your DB queries function the way they should, but it's not real data. Not if done by professionals anyway.

At some point you need to move everything to the live site because that is an entirely different database and you're not going to do it last minute. Your live site is pretty much on quarantine at some point until everything is entirely rechecked by your QA department on the live environment which can take hours. Assuming you pass QA without issues on the live site (never happens), you can launch. They are also launching on a Monday which complicates things because people are working on the weekend. I can't count the amount of web launches and relaunches I've done and it's always like this. If you're talking people being able to make purchases, there's even more QA involved. It can be an utter nightmare and you can't have pages half loading, not loading, loading with weird data, etc. You just throw up a Be back soon sign until you can open the doors.

12 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

First off, thank you for the professional input.  I’ve got friends in the booze side of this but that is a whole different animal.

Khloe - ok her lip kit was a phenom.  Similar to the SG booze.  She dominated the market.  And now she is looking to pivot and expand.  I bet we see the same thing that SG is going through.  Some work and some don’t.  NONE will be the phenom that the anchor product was.  And that’s okay.  It’s like well this didn’t make 100 million, it only made 25 million so it’s a failure.  I’m good with 25 million.  I’m sure 

Small point, but that was Kylie with the lip kit and Khloe with the jeans. The Kardashians are very busy women. :)

• Love 6

Small point, but that was Kylie with the lip kit and Khloe with the jeans. The Kardashians are very busy women. :)

Hahaha, I realized that after I typed it and decided i didn’t care.  They’re interchangeable. :-). Full disclosure I own two lip kits and I am probably not the demographic they’re aimed at.

• Love 5