Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

On September 1, 2018 at 1:48 AM, film noire said:

Never!

Here in the RHoNY forums, those words are a holy grail.  Elsewhere online, posters are expressing a hushed appreciation for finer things  ("Yes, I saw Sir Mumblecheeky play Lear at Stratford -- a thing of beauty. I wept!") or edgier things ("My bestie and I went into this club in Scotland? And Tilda Swinton was singing karaoke with David Tennant? So we bought them a drink and sang "Danny Boy" all discoed up and now we're touring the highlands in the fall!") They have Lear and hip celebs,  and we -- this happy breed!  -- we are the people for whom the words "You fuck everybody! dead dog, rapist boyfriend! Smoky eye! Updo! Gstaad!" are a totem and an international code. If  someone sidled up to me in an airport and whispered them in my ears, I would know -- as surely as any member of the Illuminati knows their tribe - that I was in the presence of one of my people. My proud, proud people.

gif flag.gif

Pssst, Film Noire, someone wants to render unto you a veddy veddy special handshake ....

mas5.jpg

• Love 5
4 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Bethenny sure does use a lot of non-stick pans for being a trained chef/cook ☺️

Hee, hee! I think she sets off the smoke detector twice in Season One. And neglects to clip the string off Kelly’s steak (?) on Scary Island. 

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Hee, hee! I think she sets off the smoke detector twice in Season One. And neglects to clip the string off Kelly’s steak (?) on Scary Island. 

And didn't she forget to turn the oven on to cook the turkey on Thanksgiving when she had her in laws over?

But she did go to culinary school and I was team Beth when Kelly kept declaring her a cook rather than a chef.  I never got why Kelly was so adamant about that. 

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 6

I like Bethenny, but I do wish she'd just keep her kid off all of it. 

I wish all parents everywhere would wise up and treat all SM like cigarettes and alcohol -- only for adults.

• Love 14
29 minutes ago, Jel said:

I wish all parents everywhere would wise up and treat all SM like cigarettes and alcohol -- only for adults.

Great point. This is what Tamra should have learned. Unfortunately her daughter had to learn the hard way. Such a shame. I feel bad enough for Dorinda's , Sonja's daughters, and they are almost grown. I hope that Beth learns soon enough to save Bryn.

• Love 10

It's interesting that this is the first season we've seen Bethenny after returning as a mother, without Carole glued to her side. And this is the season we see Bethenny really branch out with her humanitarian efforts and share compassionate and loving moments with all of the women, even holding Carole's hair on the boat, backing Tinsley at the reunion with her eggs, being a friend to Sonja, caring for Dorinda, and not saying one bad thing about Lu's recovery, and being a sounding board for her throughout. She even had a moment with Ramona at the reunion.

By comparison we've seen Carole stir the pot every chance she's had, high five her dreamteam of bullies, create dissent with Tins and Lu, undermining Lu and Dorinda, being her usual snide self about  everyone, and turn on Tins in a failed effort to take Bethenny down. 

Bethenny was better without Carole and Carole came out as a person capable of any low action to be "right."

• Love 20

I don't think anyone can question that Bethenny did an enormous amount of humanitarian work (though I still wonder how one uses a gift card in a location that has no power). It was great what she did. I also think her effort was more about her own self image than her actually giving a sh*t. She does things for the bragging rights (I did 5 renovations, I chartered a dozen planes). I truly despise braggarts. I might actually have some respect for her if she didn't have to make everything about herself.

• Love 20

Carole's "Dream Team" started out in unison with their anti-Bethenny rhetoric.  Bethenny was  able to withstand the onslaught, hold her ground and one by one the dream team (sans Carole) became less combative.  The hug between Dorinda and Bethenny surprised me, made me smile and ended the Dream Team's attack on Bethenny.  I enjoyed it even more because I know it had to really piss off Carole. I'm so glad she's gone. 

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I don't think anyone can question that Bethenny did an enormous amount of humanitarian work (though I still wonder how one uses a gift card in a location that has no power). It was great what she did. I also think her effort was more about her own self image than her actually giving a sh*t. She does things for the bragging rights (I did 5 renovations, I chartered a dozen planes). I truly despise braggarts. I might actually have some respect for her if she didn't have to make everything about herself.

Let's say that feeling good about herself is her main motivation. I think it's most people's motivation. Sans saints. We are hard wired to do things that make us feel good.

I'm pretty sure she consulted with people about how to distribute cash and am thinking that wandering around with that much cash would be personally dangerous. Not just for her but the team. That would be irresponsible.

• Love 8
On 9/5/2018 at 9:13 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

Let's say that feeling good about herself is her main motivation. I think it's most people's motivation. Sans saints. We are hard wired to do things that make us feel good.

I'm pretty sure she consulted with people about how to distribute cash and am thinking that wandering around with that much cash would be personally dangerous. Not just for her but the team. That would be irresponsible.

I would argue that she didn’t consult anyone in the development field about emergency assistance because we normally do not hand out envelopes of cash, it’s a humanitarian emergency, not an mafioso wedding in Staten Island. I work in these settings and when I saw her running around giving random people cash all I could think was, “where the fuck does she think they’re going to spend that cash right now? The entire infrastructure was wiped out, there was no Lowe’s or Home Depot for them to buy home repair items, nor were there food markets, etc. If she had consulted someone who was legit in emergency relief she would have been connected to a local NGO and worked through local people to distribute emergency provisions like tents/tarps, water and food, clothing. You do it through local orgs because the best way to help people in that’s situation is to have them lead their own relief efforts. It gives a human being a sense of purpose, allowing them to take control of a situation where there is little control.

But no, Bethenny Frankel has to run around handing out envelopes of cash because all she knows is money. She has become the most disgustingly heinous person I’ve ever seen on TV. The word loathsome isn’t enough...

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 22
1 minute ago, gingerella said:

I would argue that she didn’t consult anyone in the development field about emergency assistance because we normally do not hand out envelopes of cash, it’s a humanitarian emergency, not an mafioso wedding in Staten Island. I work in these settings and when I saw her running around giving random people cash all I could think was, “where the fuck does she think they’re going to spend that cash right now? The entire infrastructure was wiped out, there was no Lowe’s or Home Depot for them to buy home repair items, nor were there food markets, etc. If she had consulted someone who was legit in emergency relief she would have been connected to a local NGO Andy worked through local people to distribute emergency provisions like tents/tarps, water and food, clothing. You do it through local orgs because the best way to help people in that’s situation is to have them lead their own relief efforts. It gives a human being a sense of purpose, allowing them to take control of a situation where there is little control.

But no, Bethenny Frankel has to run around handing out envelopes of cash because all she knows is money. She has become the most disgustingly heinous person I’ve ever seen on TV. The word loathsome isn’t enough...

So you are saying it would have been better if she had done nothing. Hm.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

So you are saying it would have been better if she had done nothing. Hm.

If you re-read my post, what I said was that she should have channeled all her assistance through local agencies and had them identify what they most needed, and provided that. For example, emergency shelter, food, water and clothing, not cash, which is useless in that situation. 

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

If you re-read my post, what I said was that she should have channeled all her assistance through local agencies and had them identify what they most needed, and provided that. For example, emergency shelter, food, water and clothing, not cash, which is useless in that situation. 

I did. When she started there weren't a lot if those up and running and there seemed to be corruption going on. So I ask again. Would it have been better if she had done nothing? 

I am in awe of how much people dislike her.  That takes a lot of energy. 

• Love 14

Local organizations were on the ground in Puerto Rico, post Hurricane Maria. The issue as I remember it was that a lot of people were imploring the U.S. government to respond, let alone be more active and timely in its response. They wanted FEMA to do something. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I did. When she started there weren't a lot if those up and running and there seemed to be corruption going on. So I ask again. Would it have been better if she had done nothing? 

Actually when she started there were tons of grassroots orgs on the ground with lots of people who were doing amazing work and have continued to amazing work. I am not shitting on her desire to do things and actually helping but. B’s narrative that she was the only person on the ground is complete bullshit and her using someone with that history is problematic.

• Love 18
18 hours ago, Jel said:

I agree. Also, there is a very easy to find Instagram video of Brynn full face, Dennis also dancing at her assistant's wedding in NoLa. Ironically the only one not full face is Bethenny who is wearing a masquerade eye mask.  Bryn was flower girl. 

• Love 6
23 hours ago, gingerella said:

I would argue that she didn’t consult anyone in the development field about emergency assistance because we normally do not hand out envelopes of cash, it’s a humanitarian emergency, not an mafioso wedding in Staten Island. I work in these settings and when I saw her running around giving random people cash all I could think was, “where the fuck does she think they’re going to spend that cash right now? The entire infrastructure was wiped out, there was no Lowe’s or Home Depot for them to buy home repair items, nor were there food markets, etc. If she had consulted someone who was legit in emergency relief she would have been connected to a local NGO Andy worked through local people to distribute emergency provisions like tents/tarps, water and food, clothing. You do it through local orgs because the best way to help people in that’s situation is to have them lead their own relief efforts. It gives a human being a sense of purpose, allowing them to take control of a situation where there is little control.

She and her group did hand out food, water and other necessities. That's what all those planes and that warehouse were containing. Within a few weeks, areas did have supermarkets and stores up and running with generators. Cash and cash cards were welcome since they gave the local economy some very badly-needed business and allowed people to choose what they specifically needed, whether it was food or something to repair their home or whatever. It also gave a bit of relief to people who had no paychecks coming in because they weren't able to go back to work. At one point, I switched from buying stuff with donated money to send to my family for distribution in their hometown to just sending the money because it was easier (and cheaper, freight-wise) for them to buy stuff down there and they knew exactly what the people in the town needed.

She worked with PRicans based out of Florida and with PRicans on the ground - we saw some of them in the episode where she went to Utuado, they were wearing shirts with their group name on them. In the aftermath of Maria, it was easier to deal with these smaller groups  because you could directly contact them and it wouldn't be lost in the chaos that emerged. I couldn't contact the Red Cross or a local NGO (which would be dealing with its own communication breakdown in the island), but I sure could contact her group for help with my family (via Twitter, since she and her group were answering Tweets directed to her when they could) or a very small group of Florida pilots to help get my grandparents out.

She went above and beyond, especially for someone who had no prior connection to PR. I'm going to guess that the people who got those cash cards didn't feel like they were in a Mafioso wedding in Staten Island.

Edited by Luciano
  • Love 21
10 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Local organizations were on the ground in Puerto Rico, post Hurricane Maria. The issue as I remember it was that a lot of people were imploring the U.S. government to respond, let alone be more active and timely in its response. They wanted FEMA to do something. 

Yes.

She also wasn't the first on the island by any means  -- the extraordinary José Andrés started serving food five days after the storm stopped:

"Since he hit the ground five days after the hurricane devastated this island of 3.4 million on Sept. 20, he has built a network of kitchens, supply chains and delivery services that as of Monday had served more than 2.2 million warm meals and sandwiches. No other single agency — not the Red Cross, the Salvation Army nor any government entity — has fed more people freshly cooked food since the hurricane, or done it in such a nurturing way.

...They began cooking big pots of the classic island stew called sancocho on the street in front of Mr. Enrique’s small restaurant. Word spread and the lines grew. They sent food to people waiting in 10-hour lines at gas stations. They heard that workers at the city’s biggest medical clinic were going hungry, so they added it to what was now a makeshift delivery schedule. “Every day it would just double,” Mr. Enrique said.

Mr. Andrés didn’t realize that his was the biggest hot-food game on the island until a week or so after they started. Someone from the Salvation Army pulled up and asked for 120 meals.“In my life I never expected the Salvation Army to be asking me for food,” he said. “If one of the biggest NGOs comes to us for food, who is actually going to be feeding Puerto Rico? We are. We are it.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/dining/jose-andres-puerto-rico.html

No need for Frankel to grandstand and take all the credit --  there were many heroes giving Puerto Ricans the help they deserved (and were owed,  as American citizens),

Edited by film noire
  • Love 21
14 hours ago, gingerella said:

This to the degree of infinity.  

And “mafioso wedding in Staten Island” makes me giggle like the 7-year-old I’m acting like, even though I want to be 45. 

• Love 12
13 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I think if you have ever had a narcissist in your close circle of friends/loved ones, Beth triggers the dislike. 

• Love 11
15 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

That takes a lot of energy. 

For many of us, Frankel makes disliking her pretty easy --  and I think that might be especially true of viewers who used to like her -- we remember who she once was, and find the difference between Bethenny then and now, unsettling and even disturbing (i.e, Cookie, Bryn's feelings exposed on instagram, etc). If I'd never liked her, I'd have no sense of what Frankel has turned into --she'd be in Vicki territory, for me, then -- someone I found vaguely repugnant from day one.

It'd be great if she took time away from the show & cleaned up her psyche. Unfortunately,  I think she sees this last reunion as some kind of Booyah! victory over any-and-all-parties criticizing the fabulosity that is Frankel, and it's only going to get worse next season. 

@hoodooznoodooz 

And “mafioso wedding in Staten Island” makes me giggle

Me, too - so funny.

like the 7-year-old I’m acting like, even though I want to be 45. 

....as is this :)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 15

Here's where I fall on Bethenny and her charity work. No one complaining is willing to commit to "it would have been better if she did nothing at all".

Therefore no matter if she was grandstanding or bragging too much, or if she didn't thank people in the most appropriate way, she didn't have to do anything, but did... and no one complaining is willing to say PR would have been better off without her help.

• Love 15

So Bethenny, Nene and LVP were the sole RHs nominated for People’s Choice.  And RHOA/RHONY were the only two of the franchise nominated for best Reality Show.  Interesting.

Bethenny has the cover story of WWD today as well.  All around a good day to be Bethenny.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, biakbiak said:

and her using someone with that history is problematic.

You mean Michael Capponi? The man at the Drunk Do dinner Frankel told about Richard the Slightly?

Yeah, he's awful; like a Vanity Fair feature waiting to happen. Former heroin addict, 44 years old at the time (fall of 2016) and living with a recent college grad (Brooke Biedermen).He piloted a boat crash that left her in a three week coma, and when she finally woke up,  she had no memory of anything from her college graduation to waking up in the hospital. He refused to accept that, and kept sending her love letters, and when that didn't work (and despite a statement from Brooke, through her lawyers) he put up a Facebook page and posted private photographs, memories and letters to "spur" her memory. 

This is an example of the kind of shit he posted  (CAPS all his, not mine):

I vowed to you that I would never leave you no matter what and that is what I am doing. THIS IS WHAT YOU ASKED ME TO DO ON OUR LAST NIGHT TOGETHER. ON THE EVE OF THE ACCIDENT, I TOLD YOU AFTER WE PICKED OUR WEDDING DATE THAT I WOULD GO TO THE DEEPEST PARTS OF HELL TO FIND YOU IF WE WERE EVER SEPARATED.

(That sounds....nice)

(Remember the movie we saw, What Dream's May Come.) Until I can look deep into your eyes and spend time with you talking about everything, I will never turn my back on you. I don't care what statements or letters they coerce you to give..."

Edited by film noire
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Here's where I fall on Bethenny and her charity work. No one complaining is willing to commit to "it would have been better if she did nothing at all".

Therefore no matter if she was grandstanding or bragging too much, or if she didn't thank people in the most appropriate way, she didn't have to do anything, but did... and no one complaining is willing to say PR would have been better off without her help.

I’m sure a poster or two will find a reason to say she should have minded her own business. 

Im in the camp that doesn’t care if she did it only for recognition I’m greatful for what she was able to do and I’ll leave it at that.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Rap541 said:

My issue is Bethenny acting as though she did it all ("mention it all!"; "I know it all!") and that if she hadn't, nothing would have been done. It just goes back to Bethenny's need to try and dull someone else's shine in order to brighten hers. There were organizations on the ground doing work before she arrived. film noire pointed to work that Jose Andres was also doing in under a week after the rainfall stopped on the island.

Bethenny doesn't have to diminish their work in the process of praising her own work. But this is Bethenny.

• Love 18
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I think if you have ever had a narcissist in your close circle of friends/loved ones, Beth triggers the dislike. 

Oh I had one or two. Bethenny is not the narcissist. She’s a hard working woman who pulls off nearly everything she undertakes and also does a lot of good charity and volunteer work. It makes her look good, fine. She’s not doing it for that reason in my opinion. 

I genuinely cannot fathom seeing, hearing, and reading about Bethenny’s efforts in PR and still slamming her for it. All the evidence, details, testimony from those working with her, it’s all there. I legit do not get this hate for her. 

Edited by Sunfield
  • Love 17
16 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Actually when she started there were tons of grassroots orgs on the ground with lots of people who were doing amazing work and have continued to amazing work. I am not shitting on her desire to do things and actually helping but. B’s narrative that she was the only person on the ground is complete bullshit and her using someone with that history is problematic.

That was never her narrative. There was the episode where she took Dorinda and introduced some of the people she was working with to help PR. And Bethenny did refer them as a team and more experienced than her as they’d also helped in Haiti. Bethenny was definitely working with skilled rescue people. 

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

It’s front page today so not sure when that rotates to online.  It’s about her clothing launch on the 10th.

Mmmm, I still can't find it & all Conde Nast pubs are now under paywall, so I ignore it all except New Yorker & Vanity Fair, & just cherry-pick a few things I get for free.  Soooo I'll just assume this is merely a pluggy puff piece?  Anyhoo, right now, I'm really skeptical from looking this over-

https://shopskinnygirl.com/collections/all

This is reminding me of Sonja's "collections".  Er, didn't Vicki have vodka & fake diamonds?   Remember Jax & his super swell sweater line? 

Not impressed by ANYTHING on that site. 

Good day for Bethenny?  Eh, I give Bethenny's squad of PR gals credit -- they got her a cover piece in WWD.  Pretty good work, Bethenny PR squad!  I'll bet she yelled & screamed at them long & hard to get that.  And promised them she won't fire 'em until next week instead of tomorrow.  Will there be WWD cover pieces when this fails?  Uh, probably not . . .

• Love 7
9 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

This is reminding me of Sonja's "collections".  Er, didn't Vicki have vodka & fake diamonds?   Remember Jax & his super swell sweater line? 

It’s just like that.  Except that there is a show room in the buyers building.  She is in fact across the hall from DVF.  They have presented fall/winter, holiday and right now are showing Spring.  The fall/winter is what hits stores on 9/10.  The insta stories during buyers week are fun since all the fit models are there and trying various outfits.  I’m not sure what’s on her website but there is a look to her collection.  Of course we don’t get to see what is in stores since what is in the showroom will be what can be ordered, all samples, then once they debut in stores we see what actually is hitting the racks.  What Bethenny has on her website are her choices and they won’t be available in stores.  

But I’m sure she’ll fail and everyone will be really happy about that?

• Love 11

Has it been confirmed what retail stores she will be present in?  Is this a line for the classes or for the masses?  Not gonna lie, I don’t care for B, but I love my jeans.  I’d be interested in looking at and feeling them at the very least.  I’m not interested in having her logo on my ass, tho.  

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Has it been confirmed what retail stores she will be present in?  Is this a line for the classes or for the masses?  Not gonna lie, I don’t care for B, but I love my jeans.  I’d be interested in looking at and feeling them at the very least.  I’m not interested in having her logo on my ass, tho.  

Here is what we’ve seen on SM.  The actual stores have not been announced.  She has said that’s the surprise.  Even the WWD didn’t have them listed.  Due to the price I’m not sure but not Neiman Marcus.  And Ellen Degeneres announced a jean line at Walmart so not Walmart.  The goal for the price point is under $100.  The sizes are 0 through plus sizes.  The line is required to be shown as a whole.  The plus sizes can not be displayed in a separate husky girls area.  The fall/winter has a lot of jeans, some sweaters/tops.  I will say that all the jeans/tops really worked on the models.  And there were models of every size.  If I ever did buy that style jeans the models made me think that a size 12 can pull that off. The holiday collection had a couple of items I quite liked.  There is a leather looking faux fur lined hoodie that’s on my list.  

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

This is from the FAQ on her website:

Where are Skinnygirl Jeans be sold?

Skinnygirl Jeans and Skirts will be available in sizes 24-32 and 14W-24W. 
Skinnygirl Tops will be available in sizes XS-XL and 2XL-4XL.

If you don't find what you're looking for here, try a better department store or specialty store near you and check back frequently for the latest inventory.

Does that answer your question? Nope, I didn't think so. LOL.

A love an FAQ that doesn't answer it 's own questions in a way that makes sense.

And love this "Where are Skinnygirl Jeans be sold"?

Ok...

https://shopskinnygirl.com/pages/frequently-asked-questions

Edited by Happy Camper
Added Link
  • Love 10
18 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Prices are on the website.  They vary for the jeans but seem to start at. $89.50

2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

It’s just like that.  Except that there is a show room in the buyers building.  She is in fact across the hall from DVF.  They have presented fall/winter, holiday and right now are showing Spring.  The fall/winter is what hits stores on 9/10.  The insta stories during buyers week are fun since all the fit models are there and trying various outfits.  I’m not sure what’s on her website but there is a look to her collection.  Of course we don’t get to see what is in stores since what is in the showroom will be what can be ordered, all samples, then once they debut in stores we see what actually is hitting the racks.  What Bethenny has on her website are her choices and they won’t be available in stores.  

But I’m sure she’ll fail and everyone will be really happy about that?

No, I don't think people would be happy to see Bethenny fail.  One of the things I admire about Bethenny is her ambition.  But I'm puzzled by what she's branching out to for new business ventures.  Jeans?  This is an over-crowded category with a ton of competition -- and she has zero experience in fashion/clothing.  This one is doomed to fail.  But I give her credit that she's making a better effort than lazily stamping her brand name on imported shit from China -- like Ivanka & Gretchen did.

Btw, will women want to have a label that says Skinny Girl stamped on their asses, whether they consider themselves a "skinny girl" or not?  Idk.  Personally, I find that name off-putting & deeply offensive.  I hate it, but maybe it's just me.

I always thought she had such great sense when it came to food & I don't understand why she doesn't come up with new business ideas related to food.  

Her original idea for the SG cocktail was really what catapulted her -- and that brand name too, even tho I hate that SG name & label intensely.  And yet, she hasn't really come up with anything else that's been successful, has she?  Er, despite her constant & confident proclamations on the show of what a brilliant businessperson she is.

I was just in my supermarket & saw a guy putting out dozens & dozens of SG "sparklers", which were slashed on sale for pennies.  I asked him if they sell.  He said nope & that they'll probably donate it to homeless shelters.  Hmmmm.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 7
On ‎2018‎-‎09‎-‎05 at 9:13 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

sometimes new products in a successful line fail. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. 

I'd like to see her come out with a complementary brand called Happy Woman. 

• Love 12
20 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Here is what we’ve seen on SM.  The actual stores have not been announced.  She has said that’s the surprise.  Even the WWD didn’t have them listed. 

That’s interesting. I’m pretty sure that when Beth attended Sonja’s meeting for her line of clothing, one man would not disclose the list of retailers who had contracted to stock/sell the Sonja Morgan line. This irked Beth to a great extent. Did she compare it to something organized-crime adjacent? I’m not 100% sure. But this, in addition to a few other issues resulted in Beth excusing herself early-ish from the meeting.

Her hippocampus ain’t much. But check out her hippocrisy.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
Shameful spelling error. Sorry!
  • Love 8
On 9/6/2018 at 2:32 AM, ShawnaLanne said:

Is it coming from a place of dislike -- or are there valid concerns going on?  I would like to believe anything not right going on is due to her inexperience, or maybe not managing efficiently, or not having the right people helping.  But in the end, charities need to be overseen & checked regularly & carefully -- cuz otherwise bad stuff can & will happen.  I've seen it happen.  

Bethenny's ego is now so outta control & she mostly gets on terribly with people & she has a troublesome history of being able to maintain any kind of long-term relationships.  This does not bode well for being successful in charity work over the long haul.  But I do hope she is.

• Love 10

I feel like someone here just said it best - if you have had a narcissist in your circle or god forbid had a relationship with one (7 years here), Beth is triggering. I know others have said Carole is the narc and I'm not trying to convince anyone. In my experience, it's B. I think that Carole basically had enough and when you disconnect from a narc, it's extremely painful. 

I loved Beth. I bought her books. So as RosieJuliemom said: we know how she used to behave. 

This doesn't make Carole a kind or nice person. She has her own schtick, I just don't find it upsetting. Pretentious, yes. An asshole to Tinsley, YES. I will not look at Carole the same after that. But if it comes down to who is toxic, gas-lighting and actually someone I personally couldn't be around, that is Bethenny always.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, babykin said:

I feel like someone here just said it best - if you have had a narcissist in your circle or god forbid had a relationship with one (7 years here), Beth is triggering. I know others have said Carole is the narc and I'm not trying to convince anyone. In my experience, it's B. I think that Carole basically had enough and when you disconnect from a narc, it's extremely painful. 

I loved Beth. I bought her books. So as RosieJuliemom said: we know how she used to behave. 

This doesn't make Carole a kind or nice person. She has her own schtick, I just don't find it upsetting. Pretentious, yes. An asshole to Tinsley, YES. I will not look at Carole the same after that. But if it comes down to who is toxic, gas-lighting and actually someone I personally couldn't be around, that is Bethenny always.

Love your honesty so much, Babykin.

• Love 5