Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

There is a new game show, hosted by David Spade coming to FOX, airing at the end of September. Isn't a game show, reality TV?

Bethenny began her first rant back on July 19th - this was the reality tv is the bastard child, all current reality tv personalities should walk out and strike, they should unionize, this is the optimum time because of the SAG-Aftra, WGA strike. Reality TV has leverage as they will be the only thing available in regards to new content.

The show I mentioned above is a competition. Contestants will be shown 2 products and have to determine which is real and which is fake. They will get help from various D-lebrities. It was taped from July 19 - July 28th. It's called Snake Oil.

Bethenny is going to be on it as one of the D-lebrities that help the contestants. She's probably on one episode.

So, why did Bethenny go and tape a reality show and rant about a reality reckoning? It's hilarious that it's called "Snake Oil" Poor David Spade - the show is doomed unless they edit out Bethenny

giphy.gif

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

Whoa - let's be clear before bandying about certain terms. Bryan Freedman is not "guilty of the same things he's accusing the network of doing."  If no criminal case was brought against him, he was never found guilty.  Innocent until proven guilty in the U.S.  The alleged victim refused to press criminal charges.  A civil suit was settled with no admission of liability - for a relatively small amount in the scheme of things - so we cannot begin to guess the extent (or not) of his involvement, or the circumstances.  In other words, it sounds bad - very bad - but who knows the truth?  In addition, no one is accusing Bravo of criminal acts - there's only been a letter as to potential civil claims.

You may never find an "article where Bryan Freedman denied these allegations or the settlement." Articles are not lawsuits, nor filed in a court of law & journalists are not usually lawyers.  A formal "Answer to the Complaint" was no doubt filed on behalf of Freedman in the civil lawsuit - it would contain his denials of the specific causes of action filed against him.  The settlement document for that action was likely confidential - but entered into and agreed to by both sides - it likely contains a phrase, as many do, that there's "no admission of liability" and the settlement is to further the resolution of a contested claim. We may never know what has been claimed - we may never know what actually happened.    

As for Geragos, various state bar charges have been brought against him as well as lawsuits, undoubtedly with varying degrees of success.  If neither Bethenny nor her 80 followers checked out the backgrounds of Freedman or Geragos before retaining them, it's on them as nothing prevented them from doing so. Or if the 80 misled by Bethenny to their detriment, possibly, on Bethenny for negligent referral, should they incur damages as a result.

As for addressing a female lawyer by her first name, yes, it's sexist - but not first or last in a long history of that type of conduct or disrespect.  I was often the only female among a number of male counsel.  Often got letters addressed to:  "Gentlemen and (my first name)" or "Gentlemen and Ms. ___" or to me by my first name alone, instead of just "Counsel" or something like that. So long as it arrived, I didn't sweat it - you're there for your client, first & foremost, not your own sensibilities. There's more important things to worry about.  (More troubling is the sexist judge who lets male lawyers have unlimited uninterrupted time to argue, while female lawyers can barely get a sentence out before being interrupted & have to hang in there in order to make a record. Some don't even realize they're doing it - others know full well.) As for the letter, the lawyer might not even focus on how a letter is addressed if an administrative assistant sets it up, he or she reviews the body & signs. Again, more important things to worry about & all in a day's work.

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 7
  • Useful 2
15 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

There is a new game show, hosted by David Spade coming to FOX, airing at the end of September. Isn't a game show, reality TV?

Bethenny has bragged about walking away from multiple TV show offers. Why did she choose this ridiculous one? It just reeks of desperation.

Does she not realize that this will make her look like a joke? After this who could possibly take her seriously? She went on about what a fabulous show Money Court was going to be and that they were already talking about a second season. Now this? It's just embarrassing at this point.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/snake-oil-celebrity-advisers-revealed-133310680.html?guccounter=1

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
14 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

How about we agree, I think he is guilty of everything I said was in the articles I read. I don't think any woman wants to get trained by a stranger and his buddies.

It's certainly your right to think so, and frankly, I suspect that too.  But the legal process played out & Freedman was never charged or found guilty of a criminal act. 

In addition, the statement, "Freedman is guilty of the same criminal acts that he's accusing the network of doing," ignores the fact that Bravo was not accused by him or found guilty of any criminal acts, much less rape. 

Freedman & Geragos merely wrote a letter to threaten Bravo with a civil  action. To my knowledge, no lawsuit or legal action followed.  If taken, it would consist of a civil lawsuit seeking monetary damages, not a criminal charge. Only the government can bring a criminal charge.  I understand that feelings can run high on certain issues, but was only looking to cool down the rhetoric when certain facts were, to my mind, misstated or omitted. It's all good. 

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 4
5 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Bethenny has bragged about walking away from multiple TV show offers. Why did she choose this ridiculous one? It just reeks of desperation.

Does she not realize that this will make her look like a joke? After this who could possibly take her seriously? She went on about what a fabulous show Money Court was going to be and that they were already talking about a second season. Now this? It's just embarrassing at this point.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/snake-oil-celebrity-advisers-revealed-133310680.html?guccounter=1

Fox needs to edit her out so this show has a chance.

She must be seething that she didn't get the "host" gig. On this show, she has the VPR status of "Guest"

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

She must be seething that she didn't get the "host" gig. On this show, she has the VPR status of "Guest"

I agree. She most definitely would have preferred to be host. However I do believe it's just embarrassing for her to be part of this. I wonder what spin she will put on it as she tried to portray Money Court as an amazing show and The Big Shot as better than The Apprentice. Both huge fails.

I also have to side eye Paul as he is this  "Producer" and yet he is backing Bethenny in these silly projects. What a sucker.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

I agree. She most definitely would have preferred to be host. However I do believe it's just embarrassing for her to be part of this. I wonder what spin she will put on it as she tried to portray Money Court as an amazing show and The Big Shot as better than The Apprentice. Both huge fails.

I also have to side eye Paul as he is this  "Producer" and yet he is backing Bethenny in these silly projects. What a sucker.

Paul is a producer? Of what? Is he behind that camera video taping her rants? So is this a glorified name for the "phone holder, dude"

Paul, if you're the producer please start going heavy on the filters or rub vaseline on the lens, and bring the sound down to zero...thank you...from the entire universe

• Applause 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 9/3/2023 at 10:21 PM, mbaywife123 said:

Bethenny please just go away!

Take your millions and and be gone!

Take your daughter and raise her FAR away from this social media/ TV/influencer bullshit!

Enough already!

If anything, she is trying to get more deeply into it.  She did two podcasts with NeNe and apparently dumped all over Andy and the whole franchise.  She's trying so hard to stay relevant in the current culture.  Andy asks inappropriate questions on WWHL, oh yeah?  So why did you bring your daughter with you on your last appearance on WWHL which was less than one year ago.  When did these revelations about the abusiveness come to you, when they brought you likes and clicks and $$$$$.  

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

@FancyRhubarb

What is your theory with regard to why Frankel is trying to eviscerate Bravo?

Andy Cohen and Jeff Lewis “ambushed” her on WWHL? “Isn’t your ReWives podcast a little hypocritical?” 

Bravo rejected her pitch for a reality show about wealthy and/or celebrity mothers rearing high-profile children in Connecticut?

Frankel wasn’t receiving the attention she feeds on from her Instagram posts about cosmetics she purchased from Target?

Does Bryn stand a chance? Will she end up emulating Frankel?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
45 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

@FancyRhubarb

Andy Cohen and Jeff Lewis “ambushed” her on WWHL? “Isn’t your ReWives podcast a little hypocritical?” 

Bravo rejected her pitch for a reality show about wealthy and/or celebrity mothers rearing high-profile children in Connecticut?

Frankel wasn’t receiving the attention she feeds on from her Instagram posts about cosmetics she purchased from Target?

Bryn doesn't stand a chance. It's obvious (judging by looking at Bethenny and Bryn's social media) that she admires her mother. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I couldn't pin down her motivation for this war she's started with Bravo but like most things Bethenny it probably has something to do with her feeling slighted. So it could be all the things you listed but it's definitely not because she suddenly cares about the working conditions at Bravo and the exploitation of the talent. I'm sure she feels like her position in the hierarchy isn't being respected and in the Vanity Fair article she basically takes credit for the entire franchise being successful. It could also be something as simple as she's bored and BStrong isn't getting as much press (even though there are always humanitarian disasters that need help.

As far as Brynn goes, I think she's beyond saving. Bethenny got what she wanted, full custody and a complete annihilation of the relationship between her daughter and her daughter's father. The generational curse will not be broken by Brynn, that's for sure.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Bryn doesn't stand a chance. It's obvious (judging by looking at Bethenny and Bryn's social media) that she admires her mother. 

I feel as if Frankel is brainwashing Bryn. 

Bryn is slightly younger than my son.

My son ever so recently began questioning my parenting. “Everybody else stays up until 2 AM on a school night!!”

Is this not going to happen with Bryn?

If it ever happens, Frankel is going to lose her excrement. Maybe that will snap Bryn out of her Stockholm syndrome behavior.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, FancyRhubarb said:

I couldn't pin down her motivation for this war she's started with Bravo but like most things Bethenny it probably has something to do with her feeling slighted. So it could be all the things you listed but it's definitely not because she suddenly cares about the working conditions at Bravo and the exploitation of the talent. I'm sure she feels like her position in the hierarchy isn't being respected and in the Vanity Fair article she basically takes credit for the entire franchise being successful. It could also be something as simple as she's bored and BStrong isn't getting as much press (even though there are always humanitarian disasters that need help.

As far as Brynn goes, I think she's beyond saving. Bethenny got what she wanted, full custody and a complete annihilation of the relationship between her daughter and her daughter's father. The generational curse will not be broken by Brynn, that's for sure.

Wow. What are the odds. Bravo started this Housewives franchise. They wanted Jill Zarin. Frankel was Jill’s project. 
Frankel’s childhood perhaps was less than ideal. So she’s trying to repair/self-medicate that in the most heinous and questionable ways. 
Frankel does not truly care about anyone except herself and Bryn. But her love language with Bryn is dysfunctional and controlling. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
15 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I feel as if Frankel is brainwashing Bryn. 

Bryn is slightly younger than my son.

My son ever so recently began questioning my parenting. “Everybody else stays up until 2 AM on a school night!!”

Is this not going to happen with Bryn?

If it ever happens, Frankel is going to lose her excrement. Maybe that will snap Bryn out of her Stockholm syndrome behavior.

It will probably happen, but Bryn seems to be a little submissive, and Bethenny has a strong personality. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
On 11/8/2023 at 12:57 AM, ZettaK said:

It will probably happen, but Bryn seems to be a little submissive, and Bethenny has a strong personality. 

I think it will really hit the fan once Bryn is a little older and wants to start dating. Or go away to college. Can you imagine how Bethenny would treat a man Bryn wanted to marry?

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
On 12/28/2023 at 12:06 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Dictated, but not read.

IMG_5643.thumb.png.8f9625407936b8c5e24a039906ecfc30.png

I tried to post Bryn’s second card, but it kept telling me the file is too large.

She writes, I also wanted to say that I am so proud of everything you have accomplished this year, you are a great role model.

I'm so sick of the way she exploits Bryn for likes and views and engagement.  "Bryn is such a beautiful girl and so talented" says the typical response.
 In the past few days we have been subjected to Bryn in Aspen (I thought Mommy couldn't go there because of the altitude/dryness resulting in dehydration), at home for Christmas, and now in Turks and Caicos (or St. Barths, I get them confused).     Oh, I forgot to mention that one of the IG lives was filmed in a private jet, with Bryn dancing up the aisle.

IMG_4181.jpeg

IMG_4182.jpeg

Edited by weaver
  • Like 2
  • Angry 1
1 hour ago, weaver said:

I'm so sick of the way she exploits Bryn for likes and views and engagement.  "Bryn is such a beautiful girl and so talented" says the typical response.
 In the past few days we have been subjected to Bryn in Aspen (I thought Mommy couldn't go there because of the altitude/dryness resulting in dehydration), at home for Christmas, and now in Turks and Caicos (or St. Barths, I get them confused).     Oh, I forgot to mention that one of the IG lives was filmed in a private jet, with Bryn dancing up the aisle.

IMG_4181.jpeg

IMG_4182.jpeg

She exploits Bryn constantly. It’s shameless. 

In my opinion, it seems as if Bryn wrote exactly what Frankel told her to write on her Christmas card. 

Private planes and Louis Vuitton handbags at thirteen. What is there to look forward to?

Bryn was a string bean a couple of months ago. I would not be posting my daughter in a bikini on my Instagram. Bryn has classmates who are going to see this. 

• Like 6
  • Angry 1
  • Applause 2
On 12/28/2023 at 12:06 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Dictated, but not read.

IMG_5643.thumb.png.8f9625407936b8c5e24a039906ecfc30.png

I tried to post Bryn’s second card, but it kept telling me the file is too large.

She writes, I also wanted to say that I am so proud of everything you have accomplished this year, you are a great role model.

Well, we knew Brynn admired her....

• Like 2

Bethenny is so unaware, she posted a video of an argument (it seems not a serious one) between her and Brynn at the Turks, and Caicos airport....

• Mind Blown 3

Bethenny bought an apartment in nyc.   Curious if that means she is abandoning stodgy old Greenwich.  She deserted nyc during COVID because of the dirty city, the homeless, the bums, etc.   I’ve noticed she’s gone to way more events in nyc lately.   Maybe she is trying to raise her celebrity profile a bit.  Wonder where Bryn will go to high school. 

And look how easy it is to buy and decorate an apartment when you have her incredible talent.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2iVE3vvxgk/?igsh=NngwZWdxeGQwMDRt

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
On 1/27/2024 at 3:25 PM, weaver said:

Bethenny bought an apartment in nyc.   Curious if that means she is abandoning stodgy old Greenwich.  She deserted nyc during COVID because of the dirty city, the homeless, the bums, etc.   I’ve noticed she’s gone to way more events in nyc lately.   Maybe she is trying to raise her celebrity profile a bit.  Wonder where Bryn will go to high school. 

And look how easy it is to buy and decorate an apartment when you have her incredible talent.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2iVE3vvxgk/?igsh=NngwZWdxeGQwMDRt

Why must she eat while yammering away?

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

She’s “at last” talking about her divorce on every social media platform on which she posts.     It was the worst experience of her life, like going to war.   That’s as far as I got on YT, because I could not listen to her victimhood story yet again.  

Of course she wants to warn other women and protect Bryn. Curious if any one else muddled through any of her versions.  

• Like 5
3 hours ago, weaver said:

She’s “at last” talking about her divorce on every social media platform on which she posts.     It was the worst experience of her life, like going to war.   That’s as far as I got on YT, because I could not listen to her victimhood story yet again.  

Of course she wants to warn other women and protect Bryn. Curious if any one else muddled through any of her versions.  

Nope. Just being on the fringes is enough for me. She doesn’t know how to move forward and lets her past (agreed and victim hood) stay in her present. I can see why she’s too much work for a man to handle, much less a viewer like me. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
(edited)
On 4/14/2024 at 7:30 AM, weaver said:

It was the worst experience of her life, like going to war.

In her defense, it was a lot longer than most wars. Including both world wars. Combined.

Edited by KristenR
Missing words
  • Like 4
  • LOL 3

This is not good.  What about Brynn?  I guess she’s trying to destroy her relationship with her dad.

I say this as someone who used to enjoy BF on RHONYC, shut up, just shut up.  Doesn’t she have enough good stuff in her life that she’s going to spend ten years talking about her ten year divorce?

Oh and she says Andy Cohen promised her that her series would be about her business and then sneakily made it about her wedding and marriage. Poor naive little Bethenny!

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3

Bethenny really, really needs to grow up. She must be flat out of her own money to be rehashing this on a dedicated podcast. Girl, move on. I call bullsh*t that women were "begging" her to tell her story. Why on earth would anyone want to hear it again? She's already mentioned it all. I've said this before - most of us who are of a certain age were there for the entire Jason relationship as it played out on television and if even the tiniest fragment of what she's peddling is true, she's a much better actress than I've ever given her credit for.

I wonder what Paul thinks about this. I feel bad for him. I hope Jason waits until the podcast concludes and then sues her for slander. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
On 4/14/2024 at 10:30 AM, weaver said:

Thank you for doing the dirty work. I am so tired of her victimhood. Comparing her divorce to going through war - like she’s the first woman to have a divorce in this day and age.

That being said, I was 26 when I married my ex, I’m 59 and I’m lucky to be alive, as leaving him was dangerous. this woman using jargon and histories to recreate the “terror” she lived in, just like being an orphan who went to expensive boarding schools. Lord, she’s exhausting 

• Like 7
  • Hugs 2
  • Applause 2
10 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Bethenny really, really needs to grow up. She must be flat out of her own money to be rehashing this on a dedicated podcast. Girl, move on. I call bullsh*t that women were "begging" her to tell her story. Why on earth would anyone want to hear it again? She's already mentioned it all. I've said this before - most of us who are of a certain age were there for the entire Jason relationship as it played out on television and if even the tiniest fragment of what she's peddling is true, she's a much better actress than I've ever given her credit for.

I wonder what Paul thinks about this. I feel bad for him. I hope Jason waits until the podcast concludes and then sues her for slander. 

We heard ALL about her divorce already.

• Like 7

She's looking for something that will get her in the news again.   I don't think money is an issue.  First her podcast was going to be about interviewing inspiring women.  She ran out of women very quickly.  Then she had Reality Reckoning and she landed NeNe which got a lot of attention and then the woman from Vanderpump Rules.  She seems to have dropped Reality Reckoning.  It wasn't going anywhere.  So she has her cosmetic reviews that do well and earn a ton I'm sure because has many sponsorships (most undeclared) but she needs some bombshell stuff to reach the top of the heap on social media platforms.  AHA, MY DIVORCE!  BINGO.   

Problem is I think people have lost interest.  

• Like 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, weaver said:

Problem is I think people have lost interest. 

I know I have lost interest in general. If she was actually doing something fresh and not as self centered then I might be interested. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Lost not lot
  • Like 7
On 4/16/2024 at 10:41 AM, Tiggertoo said:

This is not good.  What about Brynn?  I guess she’s trying to destroy her relationship with her dad.

I say this as someone who used to enjoy BF on RHONYC, shut up, just shut up.  Doesn’t she have enough good stuff in her life that she’s going to spend ten years talking about her ten year divorce?

Oh and she says Andy Cohen promised her that her series would be about her business and then sneakily made it about her wedding and marriage. Poor naive little Bethenny!

She already destroyed Brynn's relationship with her dad when she kept dragging him into court and fought constantly for sole custody, until he finally gave in to save his sanity and Brynn's. Brynn has zero family other than Bethanny and whoever her current man is.

I hope that Jason organizes a Bethanny reckoning and all of her former and current employees come forward to detail her verbal abuse and sexual harassment towards them. They provide copies of the NDA's she made them sign, the hours she made them work, the tasks they had to do, their employment contracts. And Jason comes forward with his story. And I hope someone, somewhere has deep pockets to fund all of their legal defenses because you know Bethanny would lose her mind. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 4
22 hours ago, ww92 said:

She already destroyed Brynn's relationship with her dad when she kept dragging him into court and fought constantly for sole custody, until he finally gave in to save his sanity and Brynn's. Brynn has zero family other than Bethanny and whoever her current man is.

I hope that Jason organizes a Bethanny reckoning and all of her former and current employees come forward to detail her verbal abuse and sexual harassment towards them. They provide copies of the NDA's she made them sign, the hours she made them work, the tasks they had to do, their employment contracts. And Jason comes forward with his story. And I hope someone, somewhere has deep pockets to fund all of their legal defenses because you know Bethanny would lose her mind. 

Now, that’s a show with Bethenny that I would watch.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

I feel for anyone who loses a parent, but I found her statement (as covered by Page Six) to be rather classless and just as much about her as Bernadette. My mother similarly had demons and could be cruel and emotionally abusive; I struggled with writing my eulogy. I didn't see it as an opportunity to air dirty laundry or to be anything other than diplomatic though.

Edited by archer1267
  • Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
On 4/21/2024 at 2:27 PM, archer1267 said:

I feel for anyone who loses a parent, but I found her statement (as covered by Page Six) to be rather classless and just as much about her as Bernadette. My mother similarly had demons and could be cruel and.emotionally abusive; I struggled with writing my eulogy. I didn't see it as an opportunity to air dirty laundry or to be anything other than diplomatic though.

Frankel, as usual, made it all about her. 
I am sure Bernadette would appreciate Frankel reminding everyone that Bernadette had an eating disorder.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Frankel, as usual, made it all about her. 
I am sure Bernadette would appreciate Frankel reminding everyone that Bernadette had an eating disorder.

Yes, and Bethenny's biggest fear was that her mother would be alone.  Well, she had a way to remedy that and she didn't take it.  

Paul does not seem to be in  the picture these days.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
23 minutes ago, weaver said:

Yes, and Bethenny's biggest fear was that her mother would be alone.  Well, she had a way to remedy that, and she didn't take it.  

Paul does not seem to be in the picture these days.  

I would love to learn that he broke up with her. Although, that’d be painful for Bryn. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Mannahatta said:

https://people.com/bethenny-frankel-used-to-force-herself-to-have-sex-with-ex-jason-hoppy-8635088

So bizarre. I didn't think it was possible, but she's taken her self-perceived victimhood to a new level. It's an insult to actual assault survivors. 

Oh, my effin gosh. 

Will read soon. 

! ! ! ! ! 

She’s dead. She died of dehydration. Her thirst is beyond quantifiable. 

Thank you for posting. ❤️

• Like 7