Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

(edited)

She does think it’s equivalent to a TV show.   She mentioned how many TV opportunities she turned down to do this.    

IMG_3832.thumb.jpeg.7b295ff1a55992bf3ddbee0d8cb40ab7.jpeg

Edited by weaver
  • LOL 8

Bethenny: Buy this, not that!  FUJIMART! 

Random person on interwebz: You should have your own show!

Bethenney: I will as soon as I can get my assistant to upload the video from my iPhone to YouTube, you know YouTube, the place where people post videos of their pets dressed up for Halloween  DO! On YouTube!

Me: Bethenny is sad, pathetic, and not the least bit interesting. I’m sure the same can be said about her “show”.

Also Me: You should be a TV “ internet show” critic!

Me again: I am! On Primetimer!

• LOL 13
On 12/5/2022 at 5:04 PM, 65mickey said:

I just saw that commercial and I did a double take. How can she look in the mirror and think that she looks good. Her face is sagging down and I agree her lips are huge. If she keeps this up she will look positively freaky. It is sad because she used to be very attractive in the early seasons of RHWNYC. 

I thought she was especially pretty when she was pregnant.  The added weight looked so good.

• Like 5

On another note, what is up with that weird ass limo bus that she rides around in all the time? Why? I mean I guess I could understand it for the long ride out to the Hamptons because it probably has a potty, but still. She bombs around Manhattan in that thing. It’s so big she probably could have lived in it when she was homeless.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 4
(edited)

I think its a sprinter van and she actually has a driver a good part of the time.  She's out in the burbs now and has to be taken to her various discount stores for filming her latest show ON YOUTUBE.  

She was touting the latest offering from her salad dressing line yesterday and actually mentioned that it was the first time she tasted it.  It would appear that she has sold the rights to some company to use the name and has no say in the actual product.  Anyway, she got roasted in the comments because it has some artificial sweetener in it that isn't in favor, sucralose.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Skinnygirl-Fat-Free-Sugar-Free-Asian-Sesame-Ginger-Salad-Dressing-8-fl-oz/2983323818?from=/search

Edited by weaver
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, bosawks said:

I think the only legitimate advice she could offer on divorce would be not to marry either Bethenny Frankel or Jason Hoppy.

Exactly.  Barnacle Bethenny latching onto rumors about Meghan & Harry's marriage & spouting crap about move-away orders & conflicting out all the "good" attorneys is off-the-top of her head & beyond superficial.  (And discussed with much greater specificity & thought in the Succession thread when Tom & Shiv were divorcing in Season 4.)

Yet another effort to project herself as a know-it-all about everything - without really knowing anything - except the world according to Bethenny.

Also, interesting that Bethenny doesn't mention it now, though she spread it around back then, but Meghan Markle's ex-husband, producer Trevor Engelson (now re-married with two kids) dated Bethenny once after his divorce from Meghan.  Guess Bethenny didn't learn much anything about Meghan from Trevor - or by now, B would have spilled whatever nonsensical useless tidbit she could about that.

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 6
  • Useful 6
On 5/30/2023 at 11:51 AM, ButterQueen said:

I thought she was especially pretty when she was pregnant.  The added weight looked so good.

Whatever anyone thinks of Jason or whatever Bethenny now says about why she got married, the girl looked like she was getting it properly. She looked happy. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, chick binewski said:

Whatever anyone thinks of Jason or whatever Bethenny now says about why she got married, the girl looked like she was getting it properly. She looked happy. 

What did she say about getting married? I missed that. 

15 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

What did she say about getting married? I missed that. 

Bethenny claims Bravo caused her to feel pressure to marry Jason. In her heart she knew it was not going to work out but everyone including Andy told her Jason was great (and they gave her a spinoff that helped launch her brand). 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 6
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, chick binewski said:

Bethenny claims Bravo caused her to feel pressure to marry Jason. In her heart she knew it was not going to work out but everyone including Andy told her Jason was great (and they gave her a spinoff that helped launch her brand). 

I thought Bethenny had sold to Beam before she got married? That the spinoff was just an extra paycheck?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I thought Bethenny had sold to Beam before she got married? That the spinoff was just an extra paycheck?

She got the spinoff before the sale - I think most of the first season was pre-wedding.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They got married in March 2010 and the sale to Beam was March 2011. I think part of the demise of the marriage was that she wanted him to quit his career and work for her and he said no. He didn’t want any part of SG.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, chick binewski said:

(this is directed at Bethenny) For crying out loud we were THERE. For all of it. It’s streaming in perpetuity. She melted into a puddle on the deck of that seafood shack they went to in Montauk when he asked her to move in with him. Maybe I’ve second guessed her acting skills. Girlfriend was on board. But I guess after she made it and got her baby and she couldn’t coerce him into being under her thumb professionally, it all went south.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
(edited)

As I recall it & haven't seen any re-runs - Bethenny wanted Jason to share in the success of Skinnygirl (pre-Beam sale) while doing everything to frustrate, diminish & demean him as he tried to cope with her setting up her staff & assistants in their first small apartment.  She apparently saw no reason to separate their private & public lives.  Or too cheap to rent office space. 

She bragged about the computer she bought him as a present - but it was a company computer.  She wanted him to help her with marketing & whatever & professed he'd be an equal partner - but then nitpicked & micro-managed everything he did.  Though he accompanied her on trips to the bottling plant (in Canada?) his role was vague & undefined & variable from day to day. 

Once she had the baby, his "use" was over.  She barely tolerated Jason's parents though they were gracious & welcoming to her & over the moon about their granddaughter.  His friends, who pre-marriage, she extolled as being the salt of the earth, turned practically overnight into unsophisticated hicks.  She was moving toward more sophisticated & pricier (though not necessarily better) things & people. 

Though Jason helped her get Skinnygirl off the ground & a sounding board, his contribution became even more vague.  They bought a new apartment, which again, B turned into a quasi-office, & he was, once again, surrounded by her taste & her staff though it was theoretically his home too. 

By the time they had the filmed vacation in Mexico, the resentment of each for the other jumped off the screen.  Bethenny's personal assistant, who sometimes smoothed things over, could stand it no longer, and she too, headed for the hills.  Escaping the Bethenny-driven nightmare though she tried to leave on good terms & to her credit, never openly dissed B. 

I remember shouting at the TV screen, "Run Jason Run" when B got out of the limo & instead of heading into the wedding venue, immediately did a right turn & excitedly ran over to greet the paparazzi, thrilled with their paid attention.  A reflection of who she is.  Then I watched Jason diminished & belittled until they split.  Then the nightmare divorce - but was it any wonder?

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 12
  • Applause 5

Great recap, @realityplease.  

I was late to begin RHNY, so by the time I joined in, B & J were already married.

I did a stupid thing, and I PAID to watch "BGM" streaming.

Your recap  is spot on.

She kept her "international" SG brand in her apartment, with everyone under her thumb, including Jason.  He was a pharmaceutical rep when they met, earning a good living, with great benefits.  He went from calling on doctors in a professional capacity to having his wife shriek at him in a bedroom-turned-office because he used the wrong pen (or whatever).

He was this tall, handsome guy with these really nice friends and family, who suddenly were beneath Bethenny, once she got pregnant and got what she wanted.

Why didn't she go the IVF route as a single woman, and make a show out of that?  That would actually empower women, rather than watch this decade-long divorce debacle she's created.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
5 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Why didn't she go the IVF route as a single woman, and make a show out of that?  That would actually empower women, rather than watch this decade-long divorce debacle she's created.

Because her and Bravo thought that the "traditional" way would be more popular with the viewers. And that's what was important. 

She broke up with the current boyfriend already once that we know of. I don't know how he can listen to her super fast neurotic way of speaking. She probably tolerates him a little more than Jason because he was already more successful than him when she met him. 

• Like 6
(edited)

There certainly have never been any pictures of the blended family, are there.  Paul has two kids from his previous marriage.  Wonder how they like their stepmother to be.  

Next, Bethenny will be giving some advice about it.  

Edited by weaver
  • Like 5
(edited)

Know-it-all Bethenny's out there again - now she's got the solution for feuding siblings Teresa Guidice & Joe Gorga and William & Harry. Given, she says, that "blood is thicker than water." Which she knows how? Because her family relationships with her father, stepfather, mother were so great?  And she mended them - ever? Because she is or has any experience whatsoever with siblings? 

Her brilliant idea:  The siblings should be put in a room with a therapist until they resolve things - and no spouses allowed to be present to screw things up. I guess she doesn't think things will unravel as soon as therapy ends & the sibling talks to their spouse or others. 

She claims that unless resolved, the siblings will forever be sorry about missed family bonding opportunities.  Like she's so concerned about families & doing anything to encourage her daughter to have a relationship or bond with Jason or his parents?

Other than continually running her big mouth about other people's problems & what she thinks they should do, she thinks she has all the answers.  In this instance, she doesn't come by it by training, education or experience.  But when it's a slow news day, how nice she gets to put her opinions on blast.

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1

Lord, this woman is exhausting. 

Her face is next to the phrase: If you can’t do teach.

Same woman who wrote a book “I suck at relationships so you don’t have to”

The last person who should be giving advice to anyone about any did of intimate relationships.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
(edited)
On 6/14/2023 at 5:34 AM, weaver said:

There certainly have never been any pictures of the blended family, are there.  Paul has two kids from his previous marriage.  Wonder how they like their stepmother to be.  

Next, Bethenny will be giving some advice about it.  

She posted six photos of her, her daugher, and Paul on IG, and she wished him a Happy Father's Day. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 2
(edited)

I would not be surprised if Paul's kids have very little contact with Bethenny, if any.  On Reddit Real Housewives there was a question once asking people if they had met any housewives in person and one response was from the wife of Paul's cousin.  Someone asked about Bethenny's relationship with Paul's family and the answer was "It's been......interesting".

She hated Jason's family. I doubt that she has been welcomed into the Bernon family with open arms. 

Paul has a large family, many siblings. He was partnered in business with his brother. I don't know if that's still the case. It's not hard to imagine Bethenny causing a rift there. His mother runs a school for people with disabilities. He has a brother with William's Syndrome. I wonder how they felt when this brash, know-it-all woman who loves to brag about being the first to do "insert anything and everything here", and has experience in every business possible came around.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
7 hours ago, ZettaK said:

She posted six photos of her, her daugher, and Paul on IG, and she wished him a Happy Father's Day. 

I'm sure that would have made his own kids feel great. He has a daughter the same age as Bryn. I saw Bryn's recent birthday photos posted by Bethenny. She had a getaway with a group of girls. Paul's daughter was not among them.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Does Brynn get to see Jason even? She’s so petty, I wouldn’t be surprised if she keeps her from him. Does she use his last name?

He gave up joint custody in order not to hurt Brynn anymore (Bethenny caused problems every time it was his turn to have Brynn), but he still has visitation rights. Bethenny has full legal custody and primary residential custody, so she doesn't pay any child support. Brynn has Jason's last name.

https://www.eonline.com/news/1331774/bethenny-frankel-shares-update-on-daughter-bryn-after-finalizing-jason-hoppy-divorce

Edited by ZettaK
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 2

Bethenny went on a rant last evening about the stupidity of the people who went on the submarine trip.  Of course because they are rich it is easier to dump on them.   She is despicable.   She still thinks of herself as poor I guess.   

I remember a person who supposedly can't breathe in the AM going to Aspen during celeb tourist week and getting dramatic IV's for Instagram.  

• Applause 4
  • LOL 4
15 hours ago, weaver said:

Bethenny went on a rant last evening about the stupidity of the people who went on the submarine trip.  Of course because they are rich it is easier to dump on them.   She is despicable.   She still thinks of herself as poor I guess.   

I remember a person who supposedly can't breathe in the AM going to Aspen during celeb tourist week and getting dramatic IV's for Instagram.  

This woman will do anything to get attention, it is just so messed up.

On 6/20/2023 at 9:48 AM, Happy Camper said:

I'm sure that would have made his own kids feel great. He has a daughter the same age as Bryn. I saw Bryn's recent birthday photos posted by Bethenny. She had a getaway with a group of girls. Paul's daughter was not among them.

Poor Bryn, no father or grandparents in her life because Bethenny burned all those bridges. Bryn is growing up so privileged but so deprived at the same time. 
I’m sure Bethenny “vets” all of Bryan’s friends.

• Like 6
  • Sad 5
12 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Could you recap it for us? Thank you!

This what I recall…not verbatim. Carrie was thinking of going to the Hamptons and then chose not to because of Bethenny. Along those lines. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
On 6/22/2023 at 11:43 AM, Mindthinkr said:

I bet Bethenny Frankel is over the moon today. Her name was mentioned in the SITC spin-off And Just Like That in S2 E2 episode. 

Oh, she already posted it on her IG.  I guess she just "happened to see it."  

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 6

Bethenny's snarky personality has always been best suited for Housewives where has the likes of Ramona, Luann, etc. to tangle with.  That's why her solo attempts continue to fail.

She likes to think of herself as a business person.  But she lost out when it came to Legacy RHONY.

The women made headlines for their payday.  Each are getting $250,000 for going on vacation to St. Barts - to film for only a week.  

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1
On 6/24/2023 at 10:07 AM, twilightzone said:

Bethenny's snarky personality has always been best suited for Housewives where has the likes of Ramona, Luann, etc. to tangle with.  That's why her solo attempts continue to fail.

She likes to think of herself as a business person.  But she lost out when it came to Legacy RHONY.

The women made headlines for their payday.  Each are getting $250,000 for going on vacation to St. Barts - to film for only a week.  

So, what was the amount Jill Zarin asked for Legacy, and made Bravo cancel it before it started filming? Bravo is generous regarding how much the women are going to get for UGT, so she was probably unreasonable. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, weaver said:

Omg, she brought Bryn on Today.    Can she be any more shrill?

Geez, she doesn't even let Bryn finish one sentence. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 4
17 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Bryn’s mannerisms and behavior are typical Stockholm Syndrome. 

I noticed that she looked to Mommy for approval before uttering a word.  

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 5

Love this description of Bethenny's response. When I heard that laugh "at the top of her lungs" all I could think of was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLtFUWzpKQE&ab_channel=ogrebeast64!

Bethenny Frankel's daughter, Bryn, is getting real about what it's like to have the Skinnygirl founder and former "Real Housewives of New York City" star as her mom.

"You can tell the truth," Frankel told her daughter.

"It's crazy," Bryn, 13, told Hoda Kotb June 27 during TODAY's fourth hour.

After hearing her reply, Frankel, who was filling in for Jenna Bush Hager, laughed at the top of her lungs.

"What's crazy about it?" Hoda asked with a smile.

"Like, all of the stories and everything," Bryn said.

(Yes Bryn, we have heard all of the stories and everything. We know, we really do)

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 3
(edited)
On 6/29/2023 at 3:38 AM, weaver said:

I noticed that she looked to Mommy for approval before uttering a word.  

And half the time Hoda asked Brynn a question B jumped in with “tell her about …” before Brynn could even form a thought.  Brynn is going to be a very stunted adult which is not good.

Edited by Booger666
  • Like 3
  • Sad 7