Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

Wait - there's a thread about blowjobs???  (Or is it "blowies" on the Carole thread?).   ;-D

This place is getting a little too intense and repetitive for this Constant Reader, and since I can't post great gifs of frolicking baby goats & the like, I thought it was time for a little juviality.

For you, Great Queen:

5S0D.gif

iSS.gif

• Love 11

Comparing ourselves to Bethenny in terms of SM sharing doesn’t even make sense.  Sure enough, I post pics of my kiddo for my friends and family to keep up with us.  I don’t have 1 million+ unscreened public followers.  As successful a business woman that she is, she should know to be more discreet.  She must have private SM accounts she could post these moments with her child on.  Certainly there is a clear difference between us and B.  Or maybe not.  Maybe some of y’all have 1 million unknown followers too.  

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Comparing ourselves to Bethenny in terms of SM sharing doesn’t even make sense.  Sure enough, I post pics of my kiddo for my friends and family to keep up with us.  I don’t have 1 million+ unscreened public followers.  As successful a business woman that she is, she should know to be more discreet.  She must have private SM accounts she could post these moments with her child on.  Certainly there is a clear difference between us and B.  Or maybe not.  Maybe some of y’all have 1 million unknown followers too.  

Plenty of other celebrities share their kids on social media, then, if you don't think it's a fair comparison to say I do this in my own life.  Off the top of my head, obviously the Kardashians share their kids on their social media, but, also Chrissy Teigen.  Pink, and Reese Witherspoon, for a few.  There are plenty of others, but those are the first ones that I can come up with.  Bethenny is hardly alone in sharing her kid on social media, and, actually, out of all of them, she's the only one who doesn't show her kid's face.

• Love 9

Well,  just wondering.... Is Beth not showing Bryn's face on IG and not showing her on the show because of the custody agreement with Jason?  Obviously, Jason wants no part of SM or sharing his views publicly or his child being out in the media on display.  (Where are our girls when we need them.  Most of you know who I'm talking about.)

• Love 8
1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

Well,  just wondering.... Is Beth not showing Bryn's face on IG and not showing her on the show because of the custody agreement with Jason?  Obviously, Jason wants no part of SM or sharing his views publicly or his child being out in the media on display.  (Where are our girls when we need them.  Most of you know who I'm talking about.)

I know that Jason won't allow Bryn to appear on the show. He has refused to sign off on it (hence why I think she is trying for sole legal custody). As for SM, I seem to recall something in their custody agreement either limiting her appearances or not showing her face. I can't find the particulars right now, so I could be completely wrong. 

Maybe Bethenny and Jason came to the mutual decision to limit Bryn's exposure on SM?

• Love 8
3 hours ago, smores said:

Plenty of other celebrities share their kids on social media, then, if you don't think it's a fair comparison to say I do this in my own life.  Off the top of my head, obviously the Kardashians share their kids on their social media, but, also Chrissy Teigen.  Pink, and Reese Witherspoon, for a few.  There are plenty of others, but those are the first ones that I can come up with.  Bethenny is hardly alone in sharing her kid on social media, and, actually, out of all of them, she's the only one who doesn't show her kid's face.

Fair enough.  None of these mentioned tho are in the midst of a contentious  8 year contentious custody war.  Actually they are all still partnered or amicably co-parenting. Either way, I still find issue (IMO) with sharing kid photos to strangers no matter who you are.  You do you.  

• Love 7

There's nothing that really suggests that Bethenny wants to put Brynn out there.  I've followed her for a while and she has always been really careful to keep her protected.  You do hear her in the background and you might see feet or occasionally the back of her head or maybe hands (like if they're doing a craft project), but that's really it.  And it's not an every day thing, sometimes, like when they were at Disney, you heard her more, but, other times, you don't hear her for a stretch.  

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, smores said:

There's nothing that really suggests that Bethenny wants to put Brynn out there.  I've followed her for a while and she has always been really careful to keep her protected.  You do hear her in the background and you might see feet or occasionally the back of her head or maybe hands (like if they're doing a craft project), but that's really it.  And it's not an every day thing, sometimes, like when they were at Disney, you heard her more, but, other times, you don't hear her for a stretch.  

I gotta question that.  If she doesn't want to put it out there, then why is she posting suggestions, like Bryn with Cookie.  Why do that at all?

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I gotta question that.  If she doesn't want to put it out there, then why is she posting suggestions, like Bryn with Cookie.  Why do that at all?

Because a lot of parents do that these days. I'm not attempting to pick a fight and frankly it's not a parenting choice I approve of but honestly a lot of parents post a ton of crap of their kids doing stuff or ask other parents whether x is ok. My goodness, I feel compelled to point you to the Instagram  of Audrey "I married the normal height one!" Roloff as she prats how she hates social media and reality tv despite all of her fame coming from her husband being a grade z celeb on Little People Big World, and then posts endless pictures of her baby Ember and her husband and her kissing her husband, and her asking all sorts of questions on how she can best pray to Jesus and also cure her baby's ear infection with essential oils....

Trust me, Bethenny isn't doing a wackadoodle amount of social media with Bryn.

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

You're asking me to justify my opinion on this?  I don't really think I need to.  It's ok if you disagree, you don't have to see it the same.

• Love 3
On 2018-08-28 at 1:57 AM, smores said:

Respectfully, it's not what it's about for you.  The point I'm trying to make is that it is, in fact, about that for other people.  I'm not trying to convince you that it should be about Jason and what he thinks for you.  I'm simply saying that I feel there is a double standard with the examining of Bethenny's words, that she gets nitpicked to death for things and called a liar for saying something that, in this particular case, Jason happened to participate in as well.  No one has ever called Jason out for being "lost at sea" in the episode, but, Bethenny gets crap for it all the time.  That happens to not make any sense to me at all.  If it's a lie or fabrication on her part, then it also has to be one on his, since he was there, participating just as she was.  Should someone else see it differently, cool, but, this is me, over here, saying, hey, this is my perspective, and it's very much about that for me.

I agree. To bring up the book “Down Girl” again, a great term has been coined for this phenomenon - himpathy 

Himpathy is defined as giving a man sympathy for the same things women are not given sympathy for, and worse, being concerned for a man’s feelings over a woman in the same situation. And in this case, holding B to a standard while ignoring Jason was there too. 

Edited by Sunfield
Clarity
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, smores said:

You're asking me to justify my opinion on this?  I don't really think I need to.  It's ok if you disagree, you don't have to see it the same.

I don't think @breezy424 is questioning you - I think it's questioning Bethenny saying one thing and doing another.

I thought not showing Bryns face on SM was part of the agreement too. 

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I thought not showing Bryns face on SM was part of the agreement too

I don’t know if it is or isn’t part of the agreement.  I have seen Bethenny answer the question by saying that it’s up to Brynn when she’s shown on SM. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I don't think @breezy424 is questioning you - I think it's questioning Bethenny saying one thing and doing another.

I thought not showing Bryns face on SM was part of the agreement too. 

Thank you.

8 hours ago, smores said:

Not questioning you.  I'm questioning Beth.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, smores said:

There's nothing that really suggests that Bethenny wants to put Brynn out there. 

Except for this:

https://trademarks.justia.com/877/14/brynnygirl-87714000.html

Granted, she might have just been covering her bases, but it does lend credence to the theory that she would have Bryn as the public face of a product line for children if she was allowed.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Love 12

I personally tend to believe that Bethenny is much more of a CYA person and is more inclined to trademark something to prevent someone else from using it.  There are a lot of companies that trademark or copyright things they have no plans to use (say you have a widget that can do x and y, you are only ever going to use it to do x, but, you don't want your competitors to come along and make a widget that looks just like it that can be used to do y and move in on your "territory" so, you patent/trademark/copyright both x and y, so you are protected).  This is a way that Bethenny can protect her name.  I could be completely wrong, but, that's what I think is likely the case given that Brynn is what, 8? now and she hasn't ever done any sort of kids stuff.  It would have made sense for her to do kids clothes or toys or whatever earlier on, she could have focused on natural, breathable fibers, or toys that were made from quality materials, like wooden blocks, etc.  It would have been a fairly good fit and natural extension of her lifestyle brand as it's where she was in life, as a mother.  Kind of the way Jessica Alba went with Honest Company, "I'm a mom looking for good, healthy, quality products to use around my kids" etc.

• Love 11

Agree Smores. Bethenny is protecting Bryn for future both for personal and business reasons for Bryn herself. The world is all monetization all the time now. Keeping Bryn’s ownership and protection for her own use as she grows up is the new version of buying a savings investment vehicle for her future education. It’s a smart move. And if it turns out she doesn’t need it, it’s fine. 

Heather Holla T has several patents and curently not using any of them. Similar thing.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, bagger said:

somehwere On the upper east side Dorinda just shat her pants. 

All those horrible things people accuse Bethenny of doing... I hope she comes back to does to Dorinda and Ramona. Their ringleader left them high and dry and they doubled down. I hope they are ready to earn that paycheck.

I found this in the Media thread.  :)

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, missy jo said:

What is this Dennis/drugs thing? Can anyone summarize or point me towards a post? 

Dennis (Bethenny's maybe boyfriends, maybe fiance, maybe ex, who knows?), died recently.  Speculation is that he died of an opioid overdose, however no one knows what the cause of death was, so it's all just speculation.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, smores said:

Dennis (Bethenny's maybe boyfriends, maybe fiance, maybe ex, who knows?), died recently.  Speculation is that he died of an opioid overdose, however no one knows what the cause of death was, so it's all just speculation.

No one every will because there was no autopsy but he did tell first responders that he took oxy, Vicodin and a sleeping pill.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 8

His wife also confirmed that he had back surgery in 2015 and lived in constant pain (from her now private IG posts). That helped fuel speculation that he was abusing his meds.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 8

The show where the story was featured (fabricated), didn't have Jason's name in the title. So one person benefited by pumping up that storyline. And the other was an extra in the performance . 

Unless we are to now believe Jason actually did play an intrical part of the success of B's brand. But she has stated that was not now, nor ever was the case right???? (Hypothetical question ;)

Edited by hottesthw
This was supposed to be in response to Sunfields post above. Sorry
  • Love 1

What I DID NOT see is Bethenny "losing her shit" in Colombia.

Only because her tortured colon and Andy's head made it impossible.

It would have been a fairly good fit and natural extension of her lifestyle brand as it's where she was in life, as a mother.

SkinnyBaby formula, SkinnyBaby Pedialyte, SkinnyBaby snacks...think of all the fat infants and toddlers she could've helped!

• Love 18

I haven’t watched this franchise for a while but just saw a commercial, what the hell did Bethenny and Carol do to their faces? I barely recognized either of them. They all have had some work done but those two really went to town.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Great.  I look forward to massive amounts of crying and hysterical breakdowns since she's obviously going to be raw with everything she has going on.  I can't wait.

Good luck lol. Once part three of the reunion airs, I'm out. I have no interest in seeing an unhappy and miserable Bethenny turn her bitterness toward another cast member. All the money in the world, and yet she lacks so much joy and ease of self, proving time and again that money doesn't buy happiness. 

• Love 17

From the Reunion Part 2 Board:

Like Carol or not, I don’t blame her for leaving the show.  If she was friends with Bethenny all this time and didn’t see this behavior and now does, it would be exhausting to have to always defend herself against some tossaway remark.  Bethenny’s MO is attack mode.  Always.  Who does she call among her ‘girlfriends’ when things get tough for her (like the loss of Dennis)?  She spends her entire life in attack mode.  I could not stand to be around this person.  She sucks the life out of everything around her.

This is what I thought about when she went to Instagram during the emergency with Cookie. Why isn't she on the phone with a friend? I realize that the Cookie thing has already been hashed out but most people in that case would have called a real live person who they were close with. I don't like Bethenny but I have to feel real pity for her that she didn't have a good buddy to talk her down during those awful moments. I mean really, her driver was the only one who came to the rescue? Does she only have paid people in her life to depend on during dark times? 

Say what you want about Carole, but I get the feeling that if something big and bad happens in her life she has a few unpaid people on speed dial who would be there for her within moments.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Say what you want about Carole, but I get the feeling that if something big and bad happens in her life she has a few unpaid people on speed dial who would be there for her within moments.

Bethenny is besties with her college friend (the blonde in Miami).  She is besties with her boarding school roommate (Teri, the brunette).  She talks frequently to her friend Kyle Richards from back in the day.  She has a girlfriend who live in the Hamptons (I believe this was the blonde that accompanied her to the funeral).  She still considered Julie one of her closest friends.  There are a couple of guys in the Hamptons that are regulars at her home.  There is a woman with a young daughter Brynn’s age that comes out to the Hamptons for weekends.  There is a couple with a boat and a child as well that she goes out on a lot (infamous pap shots with Brynn without a life jacket).  So she doesn’t need a pity party for lack of friends.  It’s a small circle but some of these women have been around since she was a teen.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Bethenny is besties with her college friend (the blonde in Miami).  She is besties with her boarding school roommate (Teri, the brunette).  She talks frequently to her friend Kyle Richards from back in the day.  She has a girlfriend who live in the Hamptons (I believe this was the blonde that accompanied her to the funeral).  She still considered Julie one of her closest friends.  There are a couple of guys in the Hamptons that are regulars at her home.  There is a woman with a young daughter Brynn’s age that comes out to the Hamptons for weekends.  There is a couple with a boat and a child as well that she goes out on a lot (infamous pap shots with Brynn without a life jacket).  So she doesn’t need a pity party for lack of friends.  It’s a small circle but some of these women have been around since she was a teen.

I think the Happy Camper's point is that she didn't call these so called best friends when Cookie was seizing.  She went on SM.  Heck, she was supposedly friends with Beth Stern.  Why didn't she call her?  It wasn't the middle of the night or even if it was, someone who is as involved with Beth Stern's love for animals, why would BS take offense.  Or...maybe she doesn't have Beth Stern's phone number.  Not so close then.

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I think the Happy Camper's point is that she didn't call these so called best friends when Cookie was seizing.  She went on SM.  Heck, she was supposedly friends with Beth Stern.  Why didn't she call her?  It wasn't the middle of the night or even if it was, someone who is as involved with Beth Stern's love for animals, why would BS take offense.  Or...maybe she doesn't have Beth Stern's phone number.  Not so close then.

Thanks, that actually was my real point. Why did she not call a real live friend? It's what most people would do. Point is not to drag Cookie back from the grave. Most of us have a few good buddies who are just a call away when we need advice or to reach out in an emergency.  Instagram is a very cold, unreliable friend.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 13

Why haven’t one of her friend advised her to pull back and take some time to grieve?  Nope, she’s loud and proud signing back up for this.  “Hey girl, lets take a break from the scene and chill.”  People like me can’t afford ($$$) to make that choice.  B can.  Not being on HW is not going to kill SG.  You’re either going to buy it or you won’t.  FUCK!  I am contemplating taking a Mexicoma (Carrie Bradshaw thank you).  And I ain’t even rich or in that much distress!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Why haven’t one of her friend advised her to pull back and take some time to grieve?  

I agree --  where the fuck are her friends? 

I can't believe Frankel is starting filming in a few days. She's had no time to get over anything -- Dennis dying, the custody hearing, the reunion -- she's clearly got Cohen tucked way up her torturous colon, cheek by bowel with Sonja (see what I did there?) so she should make that pissant Andy give her all the fucking things. A delayed start date, more time off, and (because the only thing I like about Frankel right now is the idea she's running Cohen like a pimpbitch) punch the fuck out of him for kicks and giggles -- get a girl gang of housewives  (current and former) and fucking take that wall-eyed woman-hating shitheel down to the NYC piers and go Tony Soprano on his cowardly ass.

Bring a 90s boombox and let Ramona carry it (Can somebody get my water and my purse? I have this CRAZY thing in my hands, I think they call it a boomerbox? Mario bought one for Avery when she was nine!) and then hand Kelly the gummy bear shots (For later, when it's all done - and Kelly? You look good) and yes, face off with Carole  (So this is how it ends, Radzi?  Down on the piers, Cohen roped up like a steer?) and Carole nods (Damn straight, bitch; tonight we show him what we're all made of) and Sonja squeals in joy -- arms up, spinning in a circle and singing to the boombox (R-e-s-p-e-c-t; find out what it means to me!) -- and Luann saunters in, war-whooping and Carole shakes her head, but grins, and Bethenny leans in close to Andy, so close  (You fucked with all of us for the last time) and Aretha plays on, her voice owning the night -- I say a little prayer for you! --  as Cohen weeps, a whole new reality show rolling out before him.

All to say -- Bethenny? You need some motherfucking downtime to plan that.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 19
On 8/29/2018 at 2:21 PM, smores said:

It would have made sense for her to do kids clothes or toys or whatever earlier on, she could have focused on natural, breathable fibers, or toys that were made from quality materials, like wooden blocks, etc.  It would have been a fairly good fit and natural extension of her lifestyle brand as it's where she was in life, as a mother.  Kind of the way Jessica Alba went with Honest Company, "I'm a mom looking for good, healthy, quality products to use around my kids" etc.

Didn't she try writing children's books?  I thought that was what she was doing when she was moving from hotel to hotel the first season after she came back, in between weeping everywhere and yelling at Heather for offering her food.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, smores said:

Seriously, it's like a freaking merry go round.  Haven't we flogged that dog enough?  

Never!

Here in the RHoNY forums, those words are a holy grail.  Elsewhere online, posters are expressing a hushed appreciation for finer things  ("Yes, I saw Sir Mumblecheeky play Lear at Stratford -- a thing of beauty. I wept!") or edgier things ("My bestie and I went into this club in Scotland? And Tilda Swinton was singing karaoke with David Tennant? So we bought them a drink and sang "Danny Boy" all discoed up and now we're touring the highlands in the fall!") They have Lear and hip celebs,  and we -- this happy breed!  -- we are the people for whom the words "You fuck everybody! dead dog, rapist boyfriend! Smoky eye! Updo! Gstaad!" are a totem and an international code. If  someone sidled up to me in an airport and whispered them in my ears, I would know -- as surely as any member of the Illuminati knows their tribe - that I was in the presence of one of my people. My proud, proud people.

gif flag.gif

Edited by film noire
  • Love 22
17 hours ago, film noire said:

Never!

Here in the RHoNY forums, those words are a holy grail.  Elsewhere online, posters are expressing a hushed appreciation for finer things  ("Yes, I saw Sir Mumblecheeky play Lear at Stratford -- a thing of beauty. I wept!") or edgier things ("My bestie and I went into this club in Scotland? And Tilda Swinton was singing karaoke with David Tennant? So we bought them a drink and sang "Danny Boy" all discoed up and now we're touring the highlands in the fall!") They have Lear and hip celebs,  and we -- this happy breed!  -- we are the people for whom the words "You fuck everybody! dead dog, rapist boyfriend! Smoky eye! Updo! Gstaad!" are a totem and an international code. If  someone sidled up to me in an airport and whispered them in my ears, I would know -- as surely as any member of the Illuminati knows their tribe - that I was in the presence of one of my people. My proud, proud people.

gif flag.gif

Mic drop. Hahahahahaha You are my people FN. 

late to the flogging party,  Jason doesn’t get held acccountable for the lost at sea thing because Jason didn’t claim that, SHE SAID IT to the press. 

I cannot believe she is going to film this soon. 

As for Cookie seizing you don’t call a gf, you call your fucking vet. The vet you have on call in each and every town you own a home who will take your call or drive to your home. Bethenny however is so stupid she won’t even put a life jacket on her child how is she going to have a vet on call for her supposed Beloved Grey Lady? Bethenny’s #1 is chasing the attention she feels she didn’t get from her parents. Not Brynn. 

• Love 11
20 hours ago, film noire said:

I agree --  where the fuck are her friends? 

I can't believe Frankel is starting filming in a few days. She's had no time to get over anything -- Dennis dying, the custody hearing, the reunion -- she's clearly got Cohen tucked way up her torturous colon, cheek by bowel with Sonja (see what I did there?) so she should make that pissant Andy give her all the fucking things. A delayed start date, more time off, and (because the only thing I like about Frankel right now is the idea she's running Cohen like a pimpbitch) punch the fuck out of him for kicks and giggles -- get a girl gang of housewives  (current and former) and fucking take that wall-eyed woman-hating shitheel down to the NYC piers and go Tony Soprano on his cowardly ass.

Bring a 90s boombox and let Ramona carry it (Can somebody get my water and my purse? I have this CRAZY thing in my hands, I think they call it a boomerbox? Mario bought one for Avery when she was nine!) and then hand Kelly the gummy bear shots (For later, when it's all done - and Kelly? You look good) and yes, face off with Carole  (So this is how it ends, Radzi?  Down on the piers, Cohen roped up like a steer?) and Carole nods (Damn straight, bitch; tonight we show him what we're all made of) and Sonja squeals in joy -- arms up, spinning in a circle and singing to the boombox (R-e-s-p-e-c-t; find out what it means to me!) -- and Luann saunters in, war-whooping and Carole shakes her head, but grins, and Bethenny leans in close to Andy, so close  (You fucked with all of us for the last time) and Aretha plays on, her voice owning the night -- I say a little prayer for you! --  as Cohen weeps, a whole new reality show rolling out before him.

All to say -- Bethenny? You need some motherfucking downtime to plan that.

18 hours ago, film noire said:

Never!

gif flag.gif

giphy (7).gif

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

giphy (7).gif

shy gif.gif

p.s.rosiejuliemom -- seeing this gif actually posted made me realize that little miss skunk looks not just bashful,  but....what?-- a little coy? flirtatious?  like sonja sitting beside a handsome fella on the jitney when nature calls? ; )                                     

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8
On 8/31/2018 at 10:41 PM, Happy Camper said:

but most people in that case would have called a real live person who they were close with.

I can tell you what I did.  The same thing happened to my dog around that time.  I called the Vet. 

• Love 18
4 hours ago, ichbin said:

I can tell you what I did.  The same thing happened to my dog around that time.  I called the Vet. 

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

A concept that should have been easy breezy.

Right????? Personal flotation device for Bryn, call a vet for Cookie, is seriously basic common sense. But no, the first light that flickers in her brain, the very  first synapse that fires is Instagram and about herself. 

Andy can control his reunion world w/ his pet but her bottomless pit of need will manifest itself IRL in continued destruction and we can will hear her bawling she never saw it coming. 

• Love 13
7 hours ago, film noire said:

p.s.rosiejuliemom -- seeing this gif actually posted made me realize that little miss skunk looks not just bashful,  but....what?-- a little coy? flirtatious?  like sonja sitting beside a handsome fella on the jitney when nature calls? ; )

Her eyes are saying "Can I stay at your place this weekend?" but her arms are saying "God, I hope this diaper holds until we stop!"

• Love 8

I'm glad Bethenny is coming back; I find her entertaining.  It will be fun to watch her interactions with Doris next season.  Ramona and Sonja were holding hands at the preview clip of Part III so I think Doris is the last remaining Scream Team member.

• Love 7