Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Jel said:

I have to say I've seen some real progress this year compared to her lash outs and angry tirades from just a couple of years ago.  Less frenetic, panicky, desperate energy. Just not taking the bait from Ramona last episode I found quite notable. )

image.jpeg

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

This blind (apologies to original poster, it was quoted without the name of the original poster)

"Well now I know why this talk show host is always sticking up for this reality star and making sure others corroborate whatever she says that is controversial even if it means taking a position 180 degrees from what they previously have said. Apparently she has some information from almost a decade ago that makes him look absolutely awful and would have everyone turn on him in an instant. "

This fits Vicki over on RHOC pretty well - especially given Shannon and Tamra have done a 180 and are chummy again with Ms. Cancer Scam herself... Cancer scam  = controversial... I'm not sure what Bethenny has said on the show that is so controversial that Andy is covering for her regardless because she has dirt on him - or what her castmates are corroborating given the "dream team" seems to delight in gaslighting her... Over on RHOC Vicki has done plenty and it seems she can do no wrong nor does she seem to have any risk of losing her OG of the OC job on teevee... just a thought... ;) 

Make the talk show host a she instead of a he and I could see it being Wendy Williams and Bethenny.

Bethenny has the goods on Wendy's husband

• Love 2

I think Bethenny faces her feelings dead on every time.

She expects everyone else to face her feelings, too. However, she can't be bothered when it comes to others wanting to express themselves, so she's hardly enlightened.

The apartment renovations are a hobby she enjoys as a creative outlet.

Except the renovations are done on apartments that are originally intended to be her and Bryn's home. It's only because of her inability to stay settled that they become flip properties. 

This blind (apologies to original poster, it was quoted without the name of the original poster)

Actually, there wasn't an original poster, per se, as the item came from CDAN.

I agree Vicki could fit, too.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 13

Wasn't there a thing recently about Andy Cohen (allegedly) sexually harassing someone?  So check to someone having the goods on him. I can buy it's Andy Cohen as the talk show host.

I don't get WWHL so I don't know who he supports amongst the HWs. In a preview, he yelled at one of them to shut up so Bethenny could answer, but in fairness, I've seen him do that a number of times on reunions, so I don't see that as proof of anything really.

Besides Shannon and Tamra and their rather inauthentic seeming give Vicki another change dealie, which other HWs have done a 180 on anything? For sure Lu on Bethenny -- and Lu needs the job.   Anyone else?

Aw man, now this is going to stick in my craw.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Jel said:

Wasn't there a thing recently about Andy Cohen (allegedly) sexually harassing someone?  So check to someone having the goods on him. I can buy it's Andy Cohen as the talk show host.

I don't get WWHL so I don't know who he supports amongst the HWs. In a preview, he yelled at one of them to shut up so Bethenny could answer, but in fairness, I've seen him do that a number of times on reunions, so I don't see that as proof of anything really.

Besides Shannon and Tamra and their rather inauthentic seeming give Vicki another change dealie, which other HWs have done a 180 on anything? For sure Lu on Bethenny -- and Lu needs the job.   Anyone else?

Aw man, now this is going to stick in my craw.

right there with ya - however I'm not sure if Lu did a 180 - rather, I think she just let the past be in the past, she and BF have bumped heads at times and gotten along at times all throughout their time together on RHONY. Granted, part of her chumming up with BF may be job security - but I guess if I look at the contrast btwn RHOC Vicki, and Tamra/Shannon, with the latter pretty much being DONE with Vicki for a very valid reason, and then now this season making nice - that screams 180... I think my babbling is me trying to say the women on RHONY seem to get along, then not get along, then get along - but they haven't had any major controversy like the Brooks/RHOC/Cancergate... And Vicki still has her job on RHOC, even after all the fan backlash... tis interesting... not sure if we'll ever find out who it really is - but I agree in the context of reality tv, Andy fits the bill for the "talk show host"... 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

right there with ya - however I'm not sure if Lu did a 180 - rather, I think she just let the past be in the past, she and BF have bumped heads at times and gotten along at times all throughout their time together on RHONY. Granted, part of her chumming up with BF may be job security - but I guess if I look at the contrast btwn RHOC Vicki, and Tamra/Shannon, with the latter pretty much being DONE with Vicki for a very valid reason, and then now this season making nice - that screams 180... I think my babbling is me trying to say the women on RHONY seem to get along, then not get along, then get along - but they haven't had any major controversy like the Brooks/RHOC/Cancergate... And Vicki still has her job on RHOC, even after all the fan backlash... tis interesting... not sure if we'll ever find out who it really is - but I agree in the context of reality tv, Andy fits the bill for the "talk show host"... 

Fair point, BG.  It could also be that, too. 

I'm not much of a Lu fan, so that may color my perspective despite how objective I try to be (ahem), but I feel Luann, maybe more than any of them, (except Tamra) knows which side her bread is buttered on and behaves accordingly. Who is Tamra? and Who is Lu? would be my number one and two Jeopardy answers for "This lady will do anything to stay a RH"

• Love 3
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Make the talk show host a she instead of a he and I could see it being Wendy Williams and Bethenny.

Bethenny has the goods on Wendy's husband

Everyone knows about Wendy’s husband. Lol. Most people who have followed Wendy since her radio days have heard Wendy spill her own dirt.

Also, on another point, Bethenny being mentioned in an obit would have been unbelievably tacky and messy. He is survived by his legal wife and their kids. I’ve never heard of a girlfriend and wife being mentioned in a deceased’s obit. If Bethenny’s upset, I don’t think she should be...their relationship is forever immortalized in pap pictures and gossip articles so it’s not like no one knows who she was to Dennis.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 3

Strange days indeed; the widow asked the girlfriend to stay away from the funeral:

"Bethenny Frankel was reportedly asked not to attend the funeral of Dennis Shields last Monday. Shields’ estranged wife, Jill, respectfully requested the Real Housewives of New York City star stay away from the service because “she didn’t want it to be a media event.” However, because of her closeness to Shields, Frankel refused to stay away."

https://www.inquisitr.com/5037161/dennis-shields-wife-asked-bethenny-frankel-not-to-attend-his-funeral-reports-in-touch-weekly/

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, film noire said:

Strange days indeed; the widow asked the girlfriend to stay away from the funeral:

"Bethenny Frankel was reportedly asked not to attend the funeral of Dennis Shields last Monday. Shields’ estranged wife, Jill, respectfully requested the Real Housewives of New York City star stay away from the service because “she didn’t want it to be a media event.” However, because of her closeness to Shields, Frankel refused to stay away."

https://www.inquisitr.com/5037161/dennis-shields-wife-asked-bethenny-frankel-not-to-attend-his-funeral-reports-in-touch-weekly/

This is what I was afraid of. If this is true and she was asked to bow out of the funeral, she should have stayed the fuck away.

I'm sure it was a bad enough day without Beth disregarding the family's wishes and making it worse.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I'm sure it was a bad enough day without Beth disregarding the family's wishes and making it worse.

Wasn’t she close to at least one of his daughters? If true I wonder if it was a situation where the family was split over it.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Wasn’t she close to at least one of his daughters? If true I wonder if it was a situation where the family was split over it.

I'm not sure how close they are. I just wish Beth had stepped back for common decency's sake. She was not his wife. She needed to take a backseat, no matter how hard it was for her. Let the family have the funeral. Say your goodbyes at a different time.

*Again, IF this is true at all*

• Love 8

If it weren't for Beth and Dennis's involvement, Shield's death probably wouldn't even be a local news story.  I feel bad for his wife, firstly because of her having to deal with her husband's death and secondly, her being in tabloids because of his relationship with Beth to begin with.  I wouldn't doubt his wife asking (hoping) for Beth to stay away from the funeral.

I don't know if Beth was close to any of Shield's children.  Their relationship was so on and off, I have doubts.  Beth's willingness to call one of Shield's kids during that reunion may have had more to do with that kid defending her father rather than a closeness with Beth.

• Love 7

Yeah, this is one of those that I'd need to see a real source to buy it. I can see it happening but this isn't something the family would need to be shy about - if they didn't want Bethenny at the funeral and she showed up anyway, this doesn't need to come from "a source". Jill Shields doesn't need any protection on this point, and if it was one of the kids, then they don't need any protection - it's reasonable to ask Daddy's lover to not attend the funeral. When someone in the family is willing to commit to being the source, I'll buy it. Until then... not so much. It's too easy to make this one up. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I'm not sure how close they are. I just wish Beth had stepped back for common decency's sake. She was not his wife. She needed to take a backseat, no matter how hard it was for her. Let the family have the funeral. Say your goodbyes at a different time.

I agree.

If she did want a front row seat, it would have been wise to ensure she was with a single man. Nene famously said, “close your legs to married men”, and I can’t help, but agree. I don’t care if a man isn’t emotionally married. If he’s still married on paper and there’s no sign of a divorce on the horizon, the girlfriend doesn’t get wife privileges. Even if the source is fake, it isn’t unreasonable that a wife wouldn’t want a girlfriend in attendance. I think of funerals as really intimate affairs.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, breezy424 said:

If it weren't for Beth and Dennis's involvement, Shield's death probably wouldn't even be a local news story. 

I disagree. Here's a headline I saw:

"Man found dead in his room at Trump Tower"

I think Dennis's death would have gotten some traction even without the help of Bethenny. Because, Trump.

Not a whole lot of pictures from the funeral. So it's hard to tell how much the press intruded. Hopefully the lack of pictures is a good thing.

• Love 3

I just wish Beth had stepped back for common decency's sake.

Famewhore-itis >>>>> > integrity

Not a whole lot of pictures from the funeral. So it's hard to tell how much the press intruded. Hopefully the lack of pictures is a good thing.

IIRC, tombstones could be seen in at least one of the pics of Beth that were posted here. Having cameras at the gravesite - where the family says their last goodbyes - was very intrusive, imo.

• Love 9

Not surprised if Jill Shields asked Frankel to stay away.

She sent that message loud and clear through her comments to the press (he was the love of my life) her insta posts (deeply, strongly familial) and complete absence of any acknowledgement of Frankel (even obliquely or tastefully, in passing).  The whole aura around his death was "We reclaim this man, he's ours."  

And  maybe Frankel's behavior this past week was a bridge too far for Jill Shields, pushed her to reveal what would have remained hidden otherwise; that she asked Frankel to stay away. Dennis Shields' daughter had a birthday only a few days after he died, and I can imagine seeing his girlfriend wearing a diamond ring and allowing herself to be called Mr Shields' fiancee might really piss off a grieving mother.  She's watching her child handle her father being gone on her birthday  -- and forever gone every birthday thereafter -- and the gossip rags are full of talk of a secret engagment.  Maybe she sent a shot across the bow,  to shut anything further down. ("Us exclusive: Their honeymoon plans included Bryn!") 

It's all so fucking sad.

The Shields family should have been allowed to grieve in the way they wanted to, and Frankel needed to step back and let that happen -- it's a lonely place for her to be, but it's the only right place to be -- she needed a dear friend to sit her down and say, "They don't want you at the funeral; you can't go. You can't wear a diamond engagement ring to court. You can't let anybody call you his fiancee. You can't act like you had official standing in the life of a man still married to the woman who is now his widow." She needed unvarnished advice and loving truth and tenderness, and I doubt she received anything but pro forma condolence calls and advice from her "team". 

Edited by film noire
clarification
  • Love 24

The Shields family should have been allowed to grieve in the way they wanted to, and Frankel needed to step back and let that happen --

“It’s like, ‘Really dude? Lay low, dick!’”

• Love 5
4 hours ago, film noire said:

The Shields family should have been allowed to grieve in the way they wanted to, and Frankel needed to step back and let that happen -- it's a lonely place for her to be, but it's the only right place to be -- she needed a dear friend to sit her down and say, "They don't want you at the funeral; you can't go. You can't wear a diamond engagement ring to court. You can't let anybody call you his fiancee. You can't act like you had official standing in the life of a man still married to the woman who is now his widow." She needed unvarnished advice and loving truth and tenderness, and I doubt she received anything but pro forma condolence calls and advice from her "team". 

The internment is private.  Since Bethenny was invited to that it kind of calls the rest of the story bullshit.  This is a couple that were not living together.  We both dating as if they were single.  Blah, blah, blah.  The idea that someone who is not engaged/married can be barred from a funeral is how a lot of gay men and women were kept from obits and funerals and hospital death beds.  So I’m not interested in how butt hurt his old wife is.  She was history in his life.

• Love 12
49 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

The internment is private.  Since Bethenny was invited to that it kind of calls the rest of the story bullshit.  This is a couple that were not living together.  We both dating as if they were single.  Blah, blah, blah.  The idea that someone who is not engaged/married can be barred from a funeral is how a lot of gay men and women were kept from obits and funerals and hospital death beds.  So I’m not interested in how butt hurt his old wife is.  She was history in his life.

I think you mean interment.  How do you know that Beth was invited or that it was private?  Just wondering. 

I also don't understand saying that the interment was private but then say the idea that someone who is not engaged/married can be barred from a funeral.  Don't see the reasoning here.

It's not his old wife.  It's his current wife.  She wasn't history. 

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I think you mean interment.  How do you know that Beth was invited or that it was private?  Just wondering. 

I also don't understand saying that the interment was private but then say the idea that someone who is not engaged/married can be barred from a funeral.  Don't see the reasoning here.

It's not his old wife.  It's his current wife.  She wasn't history. 

She is dating as well, so while she was his wife, she too had clearly moved on.

• Love 8

This why you should have your affairs in order.  Legally binding agreements come into play.  Legally, Dennis was still married.  I’m sure they were all living the life they chose, but at the end of the day he is bound by marriage to Jill.  It’s a sad but true fact when someone dies unexpectedly.  I learned this myself when my fiancé died suddenly before our legal marriage.  His parents had to sign off on everything that was not in our joint names.  I was 25 years old and had no clue, but certainly learned from that no matter how little assets I have to my own name I better have it in writing and certified my intentions.  It’s sad for Bethenny because I am sure she loved him, but if you don’t settle things, this could happen. 

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

It's not his old wife.  It's his current wife.  She wasn't history

Because I’ve had the unfortunate experience of planning multiple funerals.  Invite only to the cemetery because it is private property.  You can also have a private service.  It’s possible that this was a private service and Bethenny was invited.  If she was at the visitation before the service and the service and the interment - then the whole story is bullshit. 

She isn’t his current wife.  She is history.  They have lived apart for years.  They both have moved on with other people.  It’s just an accident that has any legal attachment.  

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Ugh.  Some of the comments.  

I was scrolling through the comments, and I had to grab some screenshots.

So, in response to this person's comment...

jill_IG_4.thumb.png.27d02755ba4fe7951f446b8128a6f5ad.png

Jill said...

jill_IG_1.thumb.jpg.c8e03cc9be0c8454ac4cc9336d05860d.jpg

jill_IG_2.thumb.jpg.1d13ffd37f2cb08bd2063657d463ca6c.jpg

jill_IG_3.thumb.jpg.6ec0dc7d331687028e1deb88b1de0429.jpg

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Moving on is different from just being history.  Who made the arrangements?  Jill and family.  Who is responsible for his estate?  Jill and family.  They may have moved on in one 'respect', but neither filed for divorce.

5 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Because I’ve had the unfortunate experience of planning multiple funerals.  Invite only to the cemetery because it is private property.  You can also have a private service.  It’s possible that this was a private service and Bethenny was invited.  If she was at the visitation before the service and the service and the interment - then the whole story is bullshit. 

She isn’t his current wife.  She is history.  They have lived apart for years.  They both have moved on with other people.  It’s just an accident that has any legal attachment.  

I've also had the unfortunate experience of planning multiple funerals.  I've never sent invitations or made a list of who would be allowed at the cemetery because it is private property.  You originally stated that it was a private interment and Beth was invited.  Now you're saying its possible.  IMO, she could well have attended the visitation and the service against the wishes of Mrs. Shields.  What do you do?  Cause a ruckus by telling Beth to leave or do you just tell yourself oh well and look the other way.  I'm sure she had enough on her mind.

She is his current wife.  It's not an accident.  They're still together legally for a reason.   And as much as Dennis supposedly claimed his love for Beth and wanted to marry her, he still was married to Jill.  Says a lot IMO.

• Love 18
20 minutes ago, breezy424 said:
54 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Moving on is different from just being history.  Who made the arrangements?  Jill and family.  Who is responsible for his estate?  Jill and family.  They may have moved on in one 'respect', but neither filed for divorce.

37 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I've also had the unfortunate experience of planning multiple funerals.  I've never sent invitations or made a list of who would be allowed at the cemetery because it is private property.

It appears to me the the interment was not "by invitation only" as unwanted paparazzi were present. I suspect that Bethenny's presence was just as unwanted.

There are some situations where the girlfriend of a separated man may have a fairly friendly or even just civil relationship with the wife and family, and they may even have grieved together.  In this case I really don't think so, and probably there are reasons for that. I suspect that there could have some bad blood there. 

For that reason I believe that Bethenny should have just let Dennis' family share that moment between themselves. After all she was on again/off again, no real commitment. She even stated that he could not commit. 

Dennis could very well have had other on again/off again girlfriends recently that weren't so much in in the public eye. I don't see any indication that Bethenny and Dennis were exclusive. She was just the one that we saw before the cameras.  

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, film noire said:

And  maybe Frankel's behavior this past week was a bridge too far for Jill Shields, pushed her to reveal what would have remained hidden.

He's hardly been hiding his open affair. I've found articles from 2016 discussing how Dennis was still married to Jill Shields but openly dating Bethenny Frankel. What was hidden?

Dennis Shields' daughter had a birthday only a few days after he died, and I can imagine seeing his girlfriend wearing a diamond ring and allowing herself to be called Mr Shields' fiancee might really piss off a grieving mother.

Has anyone actually seen or photographed this ring? I went looking for pictures but all I could find, along with the "she was wearing a diamond ring that may have been an engagement ring" talk in the Bethenny/Jason divorce hearing articles, and the references that Dennis may have bought a ring to propose but didn't, is references to a ring Dennis may have given Bethenny in 2016, complete with some rumors that they were engaged then. (My personal theory on "the ring" is that Bethenny might have been wearing it as a fond keepsake of Dennis since he just died and they were close). 

Is Bethenny denying she was fiancé to Dennis really going to dry the tears from Dennis's children's faces? I'm pretty sure she hasn't even made the claim. 

She's watching her child handle her father being gone on her birthday  -- and forever gone every birthday thereafter -- and the gossip rags are full of talk of a secret engagment. 

I really don't see any sign of this being encouraged by Bethenny.

But let's remember, any pain Jill Shield's child feels over Daddy cheating on Mommy and then accidently offing himself rests ENTIRELY on Dennis Shields who chose to separate from his wife but not divorce. I'm absolutely sympathetic to the pain the family is feeling but I refuse to lay the pain of the children at Bethenny Frankel's doorstep.  Dennis Shields got his jollies fucking someone other than their mommy, and Mommy apparently had her own sidepiece and Mommy and Daddy were content to be separated but free for fucking. Daddy wasn't murdered by anyone, Daddy took too many pills and if Bethenny had never dated this man, he would have dated someone else, while married to Mommy, and he would still most likely be dead. And thats all on Dennis Shields and his shitty choices. 

• Love 15
55 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

I was scrolling through the comments, and I had to grab some screenshots.

So, in response to this person's comment...

jill_IG_4.thumb.png.27d02755ba4fe7951f446b8128a6f5ad.png

Jill said...

jill_IG_1.thumb.jpg.c8e03cc9be0c8454ac4cc9336d05860d.jpg

jill_IG_2.thumb.jpg.1d13ffd37f2cb08bd2063657d463ca6c.jpg

jill_IG_3.thumb.jpg.6ec0dc7d331687028e1deb88b1de0429.jpg

Gosh, as a mother, I really feel for her.  Nope.  Neither she or her kids signed up for this.  That's on Beth and Dennis.

• Love 9

I think that it's wonderful that Jill has honoured Dennis with this foundation in his name. His children will have something positive to keep his name in the spotlight, rather than just being the on again /off again of a reality housewife celeb.

• Love 6

This section of what Rye & Mozelle posted makes it clear Jill didn't want Frankel at the funeral (and possibly, nowhere near her kids and life for the last three years):

"I tried to protect my children for three years from negative press...useless ratings-unfortunately at his gravesite their were paparazzi - My family is distraught - their anonymity is gone - four children (plus my youngest daughter not featured) have lost their dad- their father- their everything, forever. It’s a headline to most, a story that will be out of d rated news within two weeks - but for us, it’s forever and ever-it’s eternity- it’s our real life. My children didn’t sign up for this- put their names on a contract. They are innocent children who lost their father at 51."

15 hours ago, QuinnM said:

She isn’t his current wife. She is history.

She is absolutely his current wife, by both law and custom (she carries his name in both her private life, and business life). And the only "history" related to her involves four children and 25 years of marriage, a union that lasted until the day he died, when she became his widow.

They have lived apart for years.

Just under 24 months, iirc  -- "years" ago she was nursing him through his back surgery and long term recovery (2015).

It’s just an accident that has any legal attachment.  

Shields not divorcing his wife (or she him) was a concious decision on their part.

Every day for nearly two years, they decided today was another day to not file for divorce. And they did so for reasons known only to them - maybe emotional, maybe financial.  Maybe Jill thought she was saving her husband from rebounding with a woman who is enmeshed in those "useless ratings". Maybe Dennis didn't want to let go of the wife he'd loved for a quarter century. 

Whatever their reasons, the one thing we do know is that the two of them choosing to remain married was not an "accident."

I suspect that Bethenny's presence was just as unwanted.

Looks that way.

It's so messy -- intruding on a family funeral you have no right to attend, and have been asked to stay away from --  so desperate and selfish (and sad for the family, who could not say goodbye to their husband and father the way they wanted to, surrounded by only the people they wanted there).

What was hidden?

Frankel being asked to stay away from the funeral (Frankel dating Dennis was not at all hidden -- the whole world knew they were in a very public and highly visible relationship -- their involvement was featured on RHoNY, in magazines like People and US,  via pap photos, and on Frankel's social media).

Edited by film noire
  • Love 15
21 minutes ago, film noire said:

Whatever their reasons, the one thing we do know is that the two of them choosing to remain married was not an "accident."

This is such an awesome statement. A choice is so much different than an accident. 

There was a reason why they decided not to divorce. Maybe for the kids, maybe for financial reasons. Maybe they didn't want to commit to others. Good excuse not to. 

How could that possibly be deemed an accident? Beyond me! That makes no sense at all.

Like, whoops, I accidentally didn't sign the divorce papers.

cartoon-businessman-banana-peel-d-render-31284071.jpg

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 9

When Jill Shields actually says "I asked Bethenny/told Bethenny's people that I did not want her at the funeral" then I will be listening. Because personally, I think she is well within her rights to ask that and would face no social censure for saying so, so she has no reason to obfuscate this. Until then, it's just rumor. 

Every day for nearly two years, they decided today was another day to not file for divorce. And they did so for reasons known only to them - maybe emotional, maybe financial.  Maybe Jill thought she was saving her husband from rebounding with a woman who is enmeshed in those "useless ratings". Maybe Dennis didn't want to let go of the wife he'd loved for a quarter century. 

Sure. Let's all remember Dennis hasn't been hiding that he's been openly dating women. Jill Shields made the choice even when she was in this three years of negative press that she was desperate to protect her children from.... she stayed married because DESPITE the agony, despite her children needing protection, despite her husband dating another woman, and despite *Jill* dating another man, they were still married and it wasn't just a legality.

Jill Shields chose that. Dennis Shields chose that. If Jill really felt it was too for the children to bear, why not divorce Dennis as he cavorted publically to where there's absolutely no way they haven't known for years that Daddy is banging a Real Housewife?

Jill made her choice to stay married to a man who openly had a significant attachment to another woman. Yup, only she knows why at this point - but they chose to put their children thru that. 

• Love 10

I’m surprised by all of this from Jill Shields. Only because I’m recalling Bethenny at a reunion calling one of his daughters ... I’m lost on this. Wow. Also I wish she hadn’t gone to the funeral. Everyone makes good points. This is such a mess wow

• Love 6

I think it's a tough call because it's delicate since she wasn't married or engaged to Dennis, and Dennis was hardly a devoted husband to Jill, but I am sure Dennis's kids are devastated. 

All things considered, she went and was quietly respectful. If she hadn't gone, I'm sure there would be people bitching how cold she was. At the end of the day, I think it was handled well. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Sunfield said:

I’m surprised by all of this from Jill Shields. Only because I’m recalling Bethenny at a reunion calling one of his daughters ... I’m lost on this. Wow. Also I wish she hadn’t gone to the funeral. Everyone makes good points. This is such a mess wow

We don't know for sure that it really was his daughter. Just a voice on the other end of Beth's cell phone.

• Love 8

she went and was quietly respectful. 

Intentionally or not, she did the one thing Jill Shields asked her not to do; bring the media to the very lip of his grave.

I think quietly respectful would have been choosing to mourn the man privately, while allowing his family and widow to bury him -- she and Bryn (and any friends they felt close to) could have mourned together in their own way, remembering what they loved about Dennis and saying goodbye.

Instead, this; cameras clicking away, capturing private moments, the very thing Jill Shields says was painful to her family. 

Bethenny should have honoured their request to stay home, and not put her own needs above theirs.

5b7cf9ec11674_frankel2.thumb.jpg.6ebd371a2a60626dcc0042948107d244.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 14

I'm seeing a grieving woman being comforted. She's not pissing on the grave, screaming, throwing herself on the coffin, insisting she was Dennis's real love, or telling the world Bryn is actually Dennis's. 

She was crying. Is that disrespectful?

eta - a quick look at the news reports shows no one citing Bethenny for any sort of inappropriate displays at the funeral. She's not that pretty and not that special enough to have gotten everyone to lie if she was a rude hosebeast or in any way disrespectful. 

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Was that before or after she climbed up on the stripper pole?  lol  

Lol. After - I think she said it a reunion to Kim Z. Regardless of when Nene said it, I still think Bethenny should have stayed her butt at home. I imagine she wouldn’t have taken it so kindly if a girlfriend showed up to her husband’s funeral...I am thinking an epic meltdown would occur in typical Bethenny fashion. 

Jill and Dennis remaining married doesn’t really surprise me. There are a lot of older estranged couples who live very separate lives, but can’t be bothered to divorce. Maybe because of the kids, the finances being too muddled, and/or an inability to let go. And they are perfectly okay letting the other take care of their affairs if they pass. It’s very interesting. I don’t think Bethenny would have legally become his wife. 

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I'm seeing a grieving woman being comforted. She's not pissing on the grave, screaming, throwing herself on the coffin, insisting she was Dennis's real love, or telling the world Bryn is actually Dennis's. 

eta - a quick look at the news reports shows no one citing Bethenny for any sort of inappropriate displays at the funeral. She's not that pretty and not that special enough to have gotten everyone to lie if she was a rude hosebeast or in any way disrespectful. 

I think this part of Jill's comment on IG gives some bit of insight: 

5 hours ago, film noire said:

This section of what Rye & Mozelle posted makes it clear Jill didn't want Frankel at the funeral (or possibly, nowhere near her kids and life for the last three years):

"I tried to protect my children for three years from negative press...useless ratings-unfortunately at his gravesite their were paparazzi...”

I don’t think Jill was going to cause a scene at the service or the burial (in her own words she says she tried to protect her kids from negative press. Making a scene that day most definitely would have brought on negative press). However, it’s clear that she is using her social media to get the thought across that maybe, just maybe, even though she and Dennis led different romantic lives, she didn’t much care for the particular woman he was on again/off again with. Yet Bethenny being there puts Jill in a pickle, by having her have to perform, so to speak, because she (Jill) doesn’t want the funeral and burial to turn into something more dramatic than it already is (burying the father of their children).

• Love 12
On 8/20/2018 at 11:56 PM, breezy424 said:

Beth's willingness to call one of Shield's kids during that reunion may have had more to do with that kid defending her father rather than a closeness with Beth.

That is the interview that I want to hear from the child that called Bethenny at the reunion.  I wonder what she thinks now. Of course, I truly hope the child does not give any interviews.

5 hours ago, film noire said:

Bethenny should have honoured their request to stay home, and not put her own needs above theirs.

5b7cf9ec11674_frankel2.thumb.jpg.6ebd371a2a60626dcc0042948107d244.jpg

If Bethenny did not have her hired help holding her umbrella the paparazzi would have never gotten a shot of her face. I cannot see the faces of anyone holding their own umbrella.

Bethenny could not even attend on the DL she had to draw attention to herself it is her oxygen.

What I find truly ironic is that Bethenny gave Luann such a hard time about sleeping w married men and Luann tried to point out that hypocrite Bethenny was also seeing a married man. Bethenny laughed that off because Dennis was clearly estranged fully from his marriage. Well that chicken has come home to roost in a harsh way. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Have there been other pictures other than this one, thenone with the umbrella valets and another one of her coming out of the chapel?

Paps would have shown up regardless. Dennis made the decision to be romantically involved with Bethenny - which brings on media attention to some degree. Were any of the photos of Jill S and her kids? Her kids being all over the age of 20 (although didn't JS mention a younger child? That's the first time I heard they had a younger one). It's done. Over. Funeral happened. Hopefully his loved ones are finding comfort in each other. JS has many many photos of her with a man I assume is her boyfriend... her adult children aren't bothered by that but they are bothered that he had a relationship with BF? So confusing and petty. Jill should have just kept it focused on mourning Dennis as she's giving it more life and more media attention. I'm guessing she's using his media exposure to raise money for the foundation... otherwise that foundation would raise little more than what their wealthy friends could afford I suppose. Because of his affiliation with BF his foundation has a chance to be something bigger. Maybe they can hang their hats on that. But back to the pap situation -  I had no clue there were photos out there - and those photos are now getting more new life... The paps are an unfortunate side effect of dating a "celebrity". I'm not exactly sure why BF shouldn't have gone. Beyond being his off again on again girlfriend, she knew him for decades... I also believe that was indeed Dennis' ADULT daughter that was on the phone at the reunion or the lie would have been exposed back when it happened. So it would seem at least one child had no issue and understood the separation of her parents... Let's be angry at the paps - they're the ones that cross the line. It's too bad they can't be banned from such events.... there is no winning here. It's done.  Anyway. Since I'm confident Jill has plenty of love ones to lean on - I am hoping BF has the same. Even a few close friends. His passing is so sad for everyone who knew and loved him.

Edited by BodhiGurl
added adult to daughter because his daughter was not a kid... he was his child, but she was an adult when she was on the phone
  • Love 9

One news article listed the names and ages of the kids.  Narrowing it down then counting it's not hard to piece it that the daughter who called in was an adult, just barely. They are all so young to lose their dad. It is just awful. I'd love to know that daughter's  current relationship w/ BF. Wonder if she still has her back . 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

I agree.

If she did want a front row seat, it would have been wise to ensure she was with a single man. Nene famously said, “close your legs to married men”, and I can’t help, but agree. I don’t care if a man isn’t emotionally married. If he’s still married on paper and there’s no sign of a divorce on the horizon, the girlfriend doesn’t get wife privileges. Even if the source is fake, it isn’t unreasonable that a wife wouldn’t want a girlfriend in attendance. I think of funerals as really intimate affairs.

IIRC, Nene dated a still married but separated man years later.  I don't necessarily think Bethenny wanted wife privileges but they were something and possibly going to have future and he and his legal wife were getting divorced and she was dating someone else too.  I think Bethenny was more of a present/future situation but his marriage and Jill were past.   

• Love 3

I believe there was some animosity between Beth and JillSS. Even if it was just a smidgen, she should've stayed away.

But she made the conscious effort to get up that morning, pick a dress, carefully do her hair and make-up and put on her killer heels before walking out the door. And that's sometimes what we do before going to a funeral.

The difference is, 1.) I don't believe she was wanted. 2.) She knew that her presence there could possibly create distraction at best, and a shitshow at worst.

Knowing these two things, she still chose to go. She put her right to publically pay her last respects, before those of his family.  Not just his wife and their kids, but his parents and sibling.

It was her right, but imo, a bad choice.

I do hope, that if her intentions were pure by attending, that it helped to heal her. That said, I'm not sure how pure her intentions were and pehaps more healing would occur by going someplace that was special to the two of them and privately paying her last respects there instead of taking that risk of causing a distraction or a shitshow.  I know that she's not a private person, but there's a time and a place.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

That is the interview that I want to hear from the child that called Bethenny at the reunion.  I wonder what she thinks now. Of course, I truly hope the child does not give any interviews.

If Bethenny did not have her hired help holding her umbrella the paparazzi would have never gotten a shot of her face. I cannot see the faces of anyone holding their own umbrella.

Bethenny could not even attend on the DL she had to draw attention to herself it is her oxygen.

What I find truly ironic is that Bethenny gave Luann such a hard time about sleeping w married men and Luann tried to point out that hypocrite Bethenny was also seeing a married man. Bethenny laughed that off because Dennis was clearly estranged fully from his marriage. Well that chicken has come home to roost in a harsh way. 

It's how you know you've truly arrived...you have an umbrella hoister on your payroll.  Just ask Diddy.

• Love 5