Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, ichbin said:

I can see her pushing for one of those shows like Tabitha Coffey or Gordon Ramsay were on where they tell business owners what huge fuck-ups they are and then dictate the changes they will need to make in order to achieve success.  I can see it being right up Bethenny's alley to be given the opportunity to berate, act the expert, and then move on. 

I could see that.

I'll stick to rewatching Kitchen Nightmares and Tabatha Takes Over.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

Well, one person would watch. Bethenny.

The show could be called Bethenny loves Bethenny.

She could instagram herself watching, making comments, and laughing at herself, and then make a new show called Bethenny Watching Bethenny Loving Bethenny.

Why would you put that out there without putting a patent on it first??? @Happy Camper do better!  You could be looking at millions.  

• Love 3

Heck, give Beth a spinoff so I don't have to watch her.  Bethenny Starting Over.  She can go on camera loosing her shit about her dog in the middle of the night (eight o'clock) and having her daughter in the background (shame on her).  Maybe Bravo will get it.  She's not a ratings magnet. 

And don't get me started about $125 million dollar woman.  Nope.  Didn't happen.  Beam's financials show that.  She was the $8.5 million dollar woman (don't get me wrong.  Pretty darn good.)  plus the possibility of another $25 million if she met sales.  Probably not. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Jel said:

Nooooo, that's the best part! ;)

AGREE!  This is a safe place for all us B haters to gather.  The thread title cracks my shit up to no end.  And the fact her name is spelled wrong makes it even more giddy to me.  Like we don’t even give a F to spell your name right.  

• Love 7

On another note, Beth's show with Fredrick was not a show connected with Andy.  That's why it hasn't been promoted on RHNY.  I have no doubt that Beth wants her own show but her track record (see Beth and Fredrick show) just hasn't earned it.  I just don't see why Andy is so far up her ass.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Heck, give Beth a spinoff so I don't have to watch her.  Bethenny Starting Over.  She can go on camera loosing her shit about her dog in the middle of the night (eight o'clock) and having her daughter in the background (shame on her).  Maybe Bravo will get it.  She's not a ratings magnet. 

And don't get me started about $125 million dollar woman.  Nope.  Didn't happen.  Beam's financials show that.  She was the $8.5 million dollar woman (don't get me wrong.  Pretty darn good.)  plus the possibility of another $25 million if she met sales.  Probably not. 

MENTION IT ALL!!!  I “won” a bottle of SG one time ago.  Let it sit in my fridge and it became moldy.  Seen her bologna one time in my grocery and even took a pic to laugh about it with my friends.  Haven’t seen it since that day 2 years ago.  I’m sure she is making bank but I ain’t contributing to that. I honestly wouldn’t even donate to her causes based on her nasty attitude on this show.  I’d rather my money go straight to my kids school or anywhere else reputable besides her. I don’t need to see my charity dollars being handed out by Bethenny.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

AGREE!  This is a safe place for all us B haters to gather.  The thread title cracks my shit up to no end.  And the fact her name is spelled wrong makes it even more giddy to me.  Like we don’t even give a F to spell your name right.  

Well.  Ok.  It does bug me about the spelling but I give you a 'like' cause I get where you're coming from.

• Love 2
Just now, breezy424 said:

Well.  Ok.  It does bug me about the spelling but I give you a 'like' cause I get where you're coming from.

I honestly couldn’t give a F.   My dad has spelled my name wrong for 41 years. (The short version of my give name).  It really at this point makes me laugh.  But in this case, it’s neither here nor there.  As long as Bethenny is up Andy’s ass it all G. ?

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

MENTION IT ALL!!!  I “won” a bottle of SG one time ago.  Let it sit in my fridge and it became moldy.  Seen her bologna one time in my grocery and even took a pic to laugh about it with my friends.  Haven’t seen it since that day 2 years ago.  I’m sure she is making bank but I ain’t contributing to that. I honestly wouldn’t even donate to her causes based on her nasty attitude on this show.  I’d rather my money go straight to my kids school or anywhere else reputable besides her. I don’t need to see my charity dollars being handed out by Bethenny.

Well, kudo's for you for even seeing her lunch meat.  I never did.  And I do look.  It came and went pretty damn fast.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Well, kudo's for you for even seeing her lunch meat.  I never did.  And I do look.  It came and went pretty damn fast.

I had a good laugh.  Didn’t buy it because the lunch meat I normally would purchase next to it was on sale with fuel savers.  But my friends who watch the show got a kick out of the pic I sent to them.  I’ve never seen any of her other products in my local stores.  Even the amazing popcorn.  

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Jel said:

Part of me wants to ask if there are any samples of Kelly's writing that I could read, so I could see if she shares a similar style to the  comment writer.

And then the other part of me says, Jesus, get a life!

Sooo, now I don't know what to do.

But seriously, any writing samples from Kelly anywhere?

I feel responsible so I’ll give you why it ‘sounds’ like Kelly.  

After scarey island Kelly was doing a lot of redemption interviews.  One of them she told this story about Bethenny with those words load, obnoxious, monopolizing men.  It stuck out to me because this was the story she had in her head about when she met Bethenny at a party pre RHONY.  During the bar conversation Kelly actually admitted to meeting Bethenny after denying it for years.  But she had that story.  When Bethenny told her that she was not monopolizing the society photographer and stopping him from doing his job (photographing Kelly) but that the man was her plus one and she was there with an invite as a friend of Ginny Hillfigers Kelly’s head exploded.  

Now this commenter is saying the same thing.  So either it is someone that read Kelly’s interview and believed her.  Or this was Kelly who has been commenting on Bethenny in recent weeks.

Does Kelly know how to write?

• Love 8
13 hours ago, jaync said:

It was a rather lengthy post, but the gist of it was that the poster was at a gathering where Beth was present (the poster didn't know who she was at the time), and Beth was running around acting like she was totally hot shit, and being loud and rude. The poster finally had to just leave, because Beth was stinking up the place so much with her obnoxiousness. S/he also mentioned something about Beth totally ignoring the guy she was with (the poster only said this took place in the 2000s, so I don't know if the guy was Jason, or somebody else).

The only other thing I remember from that post was that the person said Bethenny was telling everyone how she can fit in Brynn's clothes.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Jel said:

Wasn't there another Blind Item from yesterday ( or a couple of days ago) which had some of us wondering if was about Bethenny or maybe Vicki or even another HW? I felt that one was  more open to interpretation, vs. this newest one, which really screams "Bethenny Frankel!".

Definitely the same subject matter though. Or maybe they were blind items on the same subject but from two different sites?

(Third possibility: I have been dreaming about blind items)

I think this might be the other blind, also on CDAN  a couple of weeks, I guess, before the other one.

"Well now I know why this talk show host is always sticking up for this reality star and making sure others corroborate whatever she says that is controversial even if it means taking a position 180 degrees from what they previously have said. Apparently she has some information from almost a decade ago that makes him look absolutely awful and would have everyone turn on him in an instant. "

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2018/08/blind-item-3_17.html

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, QuinnM said:

I feel responsible so I’ll give you why it ‘sounds’ like Kelly.  

After scarey island Kelly was doing a lot of redemption interviews.  One of them she told this story about Bethenny with those words load, obnoxious, monopolizing men.  It stuck out to me because this was the story she had in her head about when she met Bethenny at a party pre RHONY.  During the bar conversation Kelly actually admitted to meeting Bethenny after denying it for years.  But she had that story.  When Bethenny told her that she was not monopolizing the society photographer and stopping him from doing his job (photographing Kelly) but that the man was her plus one and she was there with an invite as a friend of Ginny Hillfigers Kelly’s head exploded.  

Now this commenter is saying the same thing.  So either it is someone that read Kelly’s interview and believed her.  Or this was Kelly who has been commenting on Bethenny in recent weeks.

Does Kelly know how to write?

Thanks QuinnM, much appreciated. I remember that now from the show, and Kelly, instead of saying, "Ohhh, sorry, didn't realize he was your date", got all OMG Bethenny! That moment, to me, was where she showed herself to have a strange way of processing things. It was the first red flag.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, mwell345 said:

I think this might be the other blind, also on CDAN  a couple of weeks, I guess, before the other one.

"Well now I know why this talk show host is always sticking up for this reality star and making sure others corroborate whatever she says that is controversial even if it means taking a position 180 degrees from what they previously have said. Apparently she has some information from almost a decade ago that makes him look absolutely awful and would have everyone turn on him in an instant. "

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2018/08/blind-item-3_17.html

Yes! That is it, thank you mwell345.

I think my confusion about it was centered around the fact that it was recently discussed. We were speculating about who this one could be about and Bethenny and Vicki were two names that came up. I also thought maybe LeeAnne? But then the second blind item came, also about a reality star and Andy Cohen and I thought, half jokingly, that the author posted a second (on the same subject) to make it more clear who the first blind item (the one you posted here) was about.  (They could also be unrelated, but then the "hey, speculators, it's about Bethenny! funny part is lost)

Edited by Jel
  • Love 1

CDAN has revealed one of the blinds to be Andy and Bethenny:

"Well now I know why this talk show host is always sticking up for this reality star and making sure others corroborate whatever she says that is controversial even if it means taking a position 180 degrees from what they previously have said. Apparently she has some information from almost a decade ago that makes him look absolutely awful and would have everyone turn on him in an instant.

Andy Cohen/Bethenny Frankel"

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2018/08/blind-items-revealed-3_25.html

• Love 5
1 hour ago, mwell345 said:

"Well now I know why this talk show host is always sticking up for this reality star and making sure others corroborate whatever she says that is controversial even if it means taking a position 180 degrees from what they previously have said. Apparently she has some information from almost a decade ago that makes him look absolutely awful and would have everyone turn on him in an instant.

So what’s the secret?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mwell345 said:

Well he already looks awful, so no surprise there. He is a horrible person.

• Love 7

@FozzyBear

All of them are emotionally needy, messy, dysfunctional, immature, damaged, fame whores. 

Sure. But there's a hierarchy of awful as to how their emotional instability & fame-whoring plays out.

I think Frankel is consistently the worst woman on this show because (if nothing else) nobody else has referred to a victim of physical abuse (Tinsley) as having endured supposed abuse ("she talks a lot about this "abusive" relationship she had" --  even as Frankel was starting up a charity meant to help abused women). That's not just sniping at fellow castmates (they all do that) that's undermining a female survivor by casting doubt on the validity of her claims  (even with police reports and photographs showing Tinsley's bruised body). 

And no other woman on this cast has (to my knowledge) talked about the "many false accusations of rape" she's read -- that isn't just lobbing insults or getting drunk and getting naked, imo, it's casting doubt on survivors of sexual assault by spreading the idea that false accusations of rape are a thing, when they aren't a fucking thing at all. It's not just personal with Frankel; her toxicity is also cultural, and that alone gives her the tarnished crown in this confederacy of narcissists.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 18
10 minutes ago, film noire said:

I think Frankel is consistently the worst woman on this show

I've got to give the crown of crappiness to Dorinda. I believe she's a homophobe and a bigot in addition to being just a mean drunk.

And even if it were possible, she doesn't seem to do anything to counterbalance these terrible traits.  Imo, she's rotten to the core.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Jel said:

And what has any of them "corroborated"?

Very unsatisfying reveal! D-

I’m going to start posting my own blind items to discredit these broads or anyone else I want to discredit. I mean since we are treating it like gospel without even so much of hint to what the secret is I heretofore declare the following blind item:

which veteran real housewife has proof of childhood indiscretions of two other housewives and is holding it over their heads so that they will keep her alcoholic secret?

stay tuned for the reveal

see what I did there and like that blind item I have to give no real information just provide salacious “information” I don’t have to offer a share of proof or even a real detail of this blackmail information.

• Love 11
On 8/23/2018 at 12:50 PM, ryebread said:

Hey, jinjer. Good to see ya.

Redjeepgirl = Bethenny?  Am I understanding this correctly that Bethenny commented on Jill's IG post?!8

I don't think it's Bethenny commenting - just someone who feels an affinity for her and feels like she is sticking up for B.  Not the right time or place. 

RHNYC has been on for 10 seasons = a decade or so.  

5 hours ago, Jel said:

And what has any of them "corroborated"?

Very unsatisfying reveal! D-

29 minutes ago, bagger said:

I’m going to start posting my own blind items to discredit these broads or anyone else I want to discredit. I mean since we are treating it like gospel without even so much of hint to what the secret is I heretofore declare the following blind item:

which veteran real housewife has proof of childhood indiscretions of two other housewives and is holding it over their heads so that they will keep her alcoholic secret?

stay tuned for the reveal

see what I did there and like that blind item I have to give no real information just provide salacious “information” I don’t have to offer a share of proof or even a real detail of this blackmail information.

I'm with you Jel. I don't get what Bethenny could have said that was controversial and who are the "others" forced to corroborate with what she said even if they already had the opposing view then did a 180. Wouldn't that be on film? 10 years ago when they first filmed RHONY - Bethenny was nobody how would she even have access to some secret of Andy's?

I feel like someone pulled the fart out of my ass. Very unsatisfactory, indeed!

Bagger:

LOL

• Love 10

Looking at the pics of Bethenny and Bryn out on the boat in the Hamptons yesterday. Where I live it is illegal for children to be on a boat without wearing a personal flotation device. I guess the laws are different in New York. Scary, especially in such a small boat.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

Looking at the pics of Bethenny and Bryn out on the boat in the Hamptons yesterday. Where I live it is illegal for children to be on a boat without wearing a personal flotation device. I guess the laws are different in New York. Scary, especially in such a small boat.

You are not incorrect.  In NY, children under the age of 12 are required to wear a life jacket or PFD.

https://www.boat-ed.com/newyork/studyGuide/Specific-PFD-Requirements/10103501_700141840/

I didn't see the photo but was that vessel over 65 feet? 

Being a member of different yacht clubs over the years, it is imperative that kids Bryn age wear a life jacket whether they're on a boat or on the dock.  It doesn't matter if they can swim or not.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

You are not incorrect.  In NY, children under the age of 12 are required to wear a life jacket or PFD.

https://www.boat-ed.com/newyork/studyGuide/Specific-PFD-Requirements/10103501_700141840/

I didn't see the photo but was that vessel over 65 feet? 

Being a member of different yacht clubs over the years, it is imperative that kids Bryn age wear a life jacket whether they're on a boat or on the dock.  It doesn't matter if they can swim or not.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6095033/Bethenny-Frankel-enjoys-day-boating-daughter-Bryn-tragic-death-boyfriend.html

Quite a small boat. Ours is 18 feet and this one looks no bigger. Our grandchildren are excellent swimmers at 8 and 6. They have their life jackets on before stepping onto the boat.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6095033/Bethenny-Frankel-enjoys-day-boating-daughter-Bryn-tragic-death-boyfriend.html

Quite a small boat. Ours is 18 feet and this one looks no bigger. Our grandchildren are excellent swimmers at 8 and 6. They have their life jackets on before stepping onto the boat.

Yeah.  I'm thinking 18 to 21 but I'm thinking closer to 18.  Good for you for requiring the grandchildren having their life jackets on.  People just don't get it.

• Love 8
On 8/24/2018 at 9:56 PM, Happy Camper said:

She could instagram herself watching, making comments, and laughing at herself, and then make a new show called Bethenny Watching Bethenny Loving Bethenny.

LOL!

@ryebread -- I think Doris and Frankel are tied on the bigotry - not just the whole "black women are loud" number, but the way Frankel attacked the black female entrepreneur who criticized her (Mary Pryor) which was a lovely SkinnyGirl basket of shitty assumptions and microaggressions ("Why doesn't that woman go do some work and succeed? And stop making up stories about other people? That's how you succeed, by doing the work and not complaining about what you don't get.") Because of course,  black female entrepreneurs sit on their asses all day long - never succeeding, telling pointless lies -- whining and drinking watermelon martinis (right outside Dorinda's coat check, staffed by elegant black men wearing bespoke shirts and 2 K silk ties). 

Homophobic --  we gotta give that to La Principessa!  Who can forget Carole bringing us the breathless news of GayTom? (Roughly: "There's a feeling in NYC about unmarried men over fifty living in a penthouse alone"  -- the feeling of what, Carole? The feeling that they're all Mommy-hating closeted 'mos wearing ki'en heels and dancing the night away in maribou cock rings, singing "I Feel Pretty" as they spank their houseboys? That kind of feeling? Cuz that's the implication, Princess). Add in the conversation with Bethenny about "LuMan" wearing a strap-on  (I'll take Radzi's Chick with a Dick for 500,  Alex!) and then add to all that my own personal deduction  ("There's a feeling in film noire about unmarried women over fifty who pretend to not know about comestible lavender")  which is that Radziwill's denial of lavender is a denial of 100 years of modern gay activism tied to that color (this feeling shit is fun!) 

I do agree eleventy billion that Dorinda takes the prize for ugliest drunk; she's brutal and belligerent, with the added skin-crawling quality of also being self righteous. The booze hits, her mouth twists in contempt at something said to her, and the words sputter out -- slurred,  grandiose, hectoring -- it's similar to Kim Richards at her worst, and I HATE it. 

Edited by film noire
add name + evict dorinda - i found her in the second paragraph of my post, screaming "jovani"
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

What a moron. Scary. Screenshot it for court, Jason! 

• Love 8
14 hours ago, film noire said:

("she talks a lot about this "abusive" relationship she had" --  even as Frankel was starting up a charity meant to help abused women)

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-2/blogs/bethenny-frankel/raised-by-wolves

^^^^ I went and did a partial perusal of this^^^^^

Her mind reminds me of a SINCGARS Radio:

"SINCGARS uses 25 kHz channels in the very high frequency (VHF) FM band, from 30.000 to 87.975 megahertz (MHz). It has single-frequency and frequency hopping modes. The frequency-hopping mode hops 111 times a second." [partial quote from wikipedia}

My Signal Corp slip is showing.

That really makes me angry that she didn't put a life vest on her child.  Talk about the basics.  I think most people know this. For a mother who is totally devoted to her child, I'd think it would have entered her mind as a safety precaution and not only because it's the law.   It's beyond bizarre. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 6
On 8/25/2018 at 12:03 AM, breezy424 said:

Help- her name is spelled the same way as it is spelled on her IMBd Page. Bethenny Frankel. How is it really spelled if this is wrong? Apparently, I am making the same mistake? 

1 minute ago, Taralightner said:

Help- her name is spelled the same way as it is spelled on her IMBd Page. Bethenny Frankel. How is it really spelled if this is wrong? Apparently, I am making the same mistake? 

I was responding to another poster about the title of Andy up Bethany's Ass thread which seems to be missing now or I just can't find it.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Yeah, she'll put life jackets on her dogs, but not her child. Moron for sure.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BljEzNEHXJj/?hl=en&taken-by=bethennyfrankel

BWAH!

4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

That really makes me angry that she didn't put a life vest on her child.  Talk about the basics.  I think most people know this. For a mother who is totally devoted to her child, I'd think it would have entered her mind as a safety precaution and not only because it's the law.   It's beyond bizarre. 

My dad isn't always the best parent -- I mean he was probably at least drinking and driving when boating and one time I got in trouble for putting sunscreen on my baby brother (like 6 months old) because he needed some sun, so not always making solid parenting choices while at the lake/river/beach, and he still always made sure we wore our life jackets even though we cried and wined about it.  I remember him checking at the beginning of every summer to see if they were still in good shape and still fit well and taking us to get new as needed.

1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

I was responding to another poster about the title of Andy up Bethany's Ass thread which seems to be missing now or I just can't find it.

It was merged with this one.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, film noire said:

but the way Frankel attacked the black female entrepreneur who criticized her, which was a lovely SkinnyGirl basket of microaggressions ("Why doesn't that woman go do some work and succeed? And stop making up stories about other people?

Are you talking about Omarosa? 

22 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Thanks 

• Love 1

@Mrs peel

I think it’s been shown she received far less than the reported $125MM.  She got millions up front, and the deal provided for future payments based on sales and marketing (for which her RH time has been undoubtedly helpful).  Others in the past have shown the sales for the cocktails have gone down, though I still see small displays at my grocery store.  The $125MM number may have the total possible payment over years, though I’m not sure of that.

And whatever the deal (money up front or money based on sales) Frankel had to share that with the person who turned Skinnygirl from an idea into a product, David Kanbar:

****************:

"...All the big liquor companies turned me down. Publicists wouldn't even come with me to the meetings because they didn't take it seriously. There was only one person who did get it, David Kanbar, a liquor industry veteran. He ended up being my partner. We manufactured the product, the bottle, the cap, and the design, and got it to the market in less than six months.  I didn't necessarily want to sell, but Beam was willing to let me be intricately involved. My partner said it would be financially irresponsible not to do it."

https://www.inc.com/magazine/201107/how-i-did-it-bethenny-frankel-skinnygirl-cocktails.html

Without Kanbar, none of it would have happened. He created the business plan, worked his quarter century contacts and brought Skinnygirl to market, not Frankel. She didn't do the deal with Beam, he did  (and had to convince her to go along with it).

And Bethenny didn't even hustle to get the introduction to Kanbar. Her management rep, Doug Wald,  did that for her, and later sued her for breach of contract.  (They settled out of court, so she also had to fork over a chunk of the Beam deal to them as well as Kanbar):

"Wald said he helped her find an agent at APA and transition her from reality TV personality to the face of the lucrative Skinnygirl Cocktail empire.

That allegedly included hooking her up with liquor industry veteran David Kanbar, who put together a business plan for a company that would buy the brand, use Frankel's celebrity to help market it and sell it in two years for a hefty profit. But Raw Talent says Frankel fired Wald in November 2008, days before signing her deal to develop and market Skinnygirl. 

Then Frankel allegedly refused to pay a percentage of her Skinnygirl earnings to the management company, a violation of her original representation contract."She expressly represented that any agreement relating to the exploitation of the Skinnygirl Cocktail brand would be commissionable under their management agreement," the complaint argued. Raw Talent claimed it was owed 10 percent of that deal, or an estimated $12 million. Plus, the company demanded $100 million in punitive damages to make an example out of Frankel.  Terms of the settlement, which was negotiated by Frankel attorney Howard Weitzman and Raw Talent attorney Bryan Freedman, are not being made public.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/bethenny-frankel-settles-100-million-lawsuit-337953

So The E True Hollywood SkinnyGirl story is this:  Frankel tried to shop around the cocktail recipe her mom invented (as a low calorie cocktail for a diabetic family friend) but had so little business moxy, nobody would listen to her. She then signed with a rep who hooked her up with heavyweight David Kanbar.  Kanbar brought the product to market, and then struck the deal with Beam. Frankel had to be convinced to take the deal. Once Kanbar got her on board with Beam, she screwed her reps out of the money she legally owed them. She then rode Kanbar's hard work all the way to the bank. 

But hey, she did it alllllll on her own.

She's such a sham -- she got where she is due to Wald and Kanbar, not her so-called business sense and daring entrepreneurial spirit -- she hustled once they got her there, but she didn't get there on her own.

@Taralightner - not Omarosa, a woman named Mary Pryor -  more info here:

https://jezebel.com/bethenny-frankel-divided-a-room-full-of-entrepreneurs-w-1770861135

Edited by film noire
  • Love 21

That is certainly an eye-opener, film noire.  Thanks for posting the info.  Even though I watched Bethenny's show when all of this came to fruition, I had no idea what happened behind the scenes in this regard.  Wow!  I guess I shouldn't be surprised though.  ;)

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

That is certainly an eye-opener, film noire.  Thanks for posting the info.  Even though I watched Bethenny's show when all of this came to fruition, I had no idea what happened behind the scenes in this regard.  Wow!  I guess I shouldn't be surprised though.  ;)

OMG....I wasn't aware of this  Fascinating. I watched her show doing the time that the deals were supposedly being made too. I guess much of that was for the cameras.  

31 minutes ago, film noire said:

And whatever the deal (money up front or money based on sales) Frankel had to share that with the person who turned Skinnygirl from an idea into a product, David Kanbar:

****************:

"...All the big liquor companies turned me down. Publicists wouldn't even come with me to the meetings because they didn't take it seriously. There was only one person who did get it, David Kanbar, a liquor industry veteran. He ended up being my partner. We manufactured the product, the bottle, the cap, and the design, and got it to the market in less than six months.  I didn't necessarily want to sell, but Beam was willing to let me be intricately involved. My partner said it would be financially irresponsible not to do it."

https://www.inc.com/magazine/201107/how-i-did-it-bethenny-frankel-skinnygirl-cocktails.html

Without Kanbar, none of it would have happened. He created the business plan, worked his quarter century contacts and brought Skinnygirl to market, not Frankel. She didn't do the deal with Beam, he did  (and had to convince her to go along with it).

And Bethenny didn't even hustle to get the introduction to Kanbar. Her management rep, Doug Wald,  did that for her, and later sued her for breach of contract.  (They settled out of court, so she also had to fork over a chunk of the Beam deal to them as well as Kanbar):

"Wald said he helped her find an agent at APA and transition her from reality TV personality to the face of the lucrative Skinnygirl Cocktail empire. That allegedly included hooking her up with liquor industry veteran David Kanbar, who put together a business plan for a company that would buy the brand, use Frankel's celebrity to help market it and sell it in two years for a hefty profit. But Raw Talent says Frankel fired Wald in November 2008, days before signing her deal to develop and market Skinnygirl. 

Then Frankel allegedly refused to pay a percentage of her Skinnygirl earnings to the management company, a violation of her original representation contract."She expressly represented that any agreement relating to the exploitation of the Skinnygirl Cocktail brand would be commissionable under their management agreement," the complaint argued. Raw Talent claimed it was owed 10 percent of that deal, or an estimated $12 million. Plus, the company demanded $100 million in punitive damages to make an example out of Frankel.  Terms of the settlement, which was negotiated by Frankel attorney Howard Weitzman and Raw Talent attorney Bryan Freedman, are not being made public.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/bethenny-frankel-settles-100-million-lawsuit-337953

So The E True Hollywood SkinnyGirl story is this:  Frankel tried to shop around the cocktail recipe her mom invented (as a low calorie cocktail for a diabetic family friend) but had so little businness moxy, nobody would listen to her. She then signed with a rep who hooked her up with heavyweight David Kanbar.  Kanbar brought the product to market, and then struck the deal with Beam. Frankel had to be convinced to take the deal. Once Kanbar got her on board with Beam, she screwed her reps out of the money she legally owed them. She then rode Kanbar's hard work all the way to the bank. 

She's such a sham -- she got where she is due to Wald and Kanbar, not her so-called business sense and daring entrepreneurial spirit -- she hustled once they got her there, but she didn't get there on her own.

@Taralightner - not Omarosa, a woman named Mary Pryor -  more info here:

https://jezebel.com/bethenny-frankel-divided-a-room-full-of-entrepreneurs-w-1770861135

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, film noire said:

Just wow....

images.jpg.89266b33bc067de31fbc70562ba2e02c.jpg

2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

It includes that little know fact that she had a deal with Franangelico before Beam.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/09/21/perfect-pitching

Yes, they paid her 400K to create a Skinnygirl recipe (Frangelico, vanilla vodka and club soda; sounds ghastly sweet to me). And you'd think (with her being such a brilliant "all on my own" entrepreneur) that she would have been able to work such a lucrative connection into something bigger for herself and SG.

She couldn't -- she didn't have the skill set. 

She needed a team of people (manager, agent, Kanbar) to take SG out of her head and into the world.

And I have no problem with Frankel claming she hasn't stopped hustling since Kanbar delivered the deal to her doorstep (she has) but saying she got to that point all on her own -- or through her fantastic business sense and guiding hand  --  is absolutely untrue.   He brought her to the dance,

Edited by film noire
  • Love 14

Yuck, that drink sounds terrible. What you need with Frangelico is chocolate. Make it a SkinnyGirl HedgeHog and I'm in.

(And if she does, you guys are my witnesses that I invented it!)

• Love 8
3 hours ago, film noire said:

****************:

"Wald said he helped her find an agent at APA and transition her from reality TV personality to the face of the lucrative Skinnygirl Cocktail empire. That allegedly included hooking her up with liquor industry veteran David Kanbar, who put together a business plan for a company that would buy the brand, use Frankel's celebrity to help market it and sell it in two years for a hefty profit. But Raw Talent says Frankel fired Wald in November 2008, days before signing her deal to develop and market Skinnygirl. 

So The E True Hollywood SkinnyGirl story is this:  Frankel tried to shop around the cocktail recipe her mom invented (as a low calorie cocktail for a diabetic family friend) but had so little businness moxy, nobody would listen to her. She then signed with a rep who hooked her up with heavyweight David Kanbar.  Kanbar brought the product to market, and then struck the deal with Beam. Frankel had to be convinced to take the deal. Once Kanbar got her on board with Beam, she screwed her reps out of the money she legally owed them. She then rode Kanbar's hard work all the way to the bank. 

@Taralightner

51 minutes ago, film noire said:

And you'd think (with her being such a brilliant "all on my own" entrepreneur) that she would have been able to work such a lucrative connection into something bigger for herself and SG.

She couldn't -- she didn't have the skillset. 

She needed a team of people (manager, agent, Kanbar) to take SG out of her head and into the world.

And I have no problem with Frankel claming she hasn't stopped hustling since Kanbar delivered the deal to her doorstep -- she has --  but saying she got to that point on her ownor through her fantastic business sense and guiding hand  --  is absolutely untrue. 

To start with, I don't think Bethenny has ever claimed she got where she is all on her own. In the very quote from her included in your post she seems to be giving a lot of credit to Kanbar for making Skinnygirl happen.  I'm not understanding the decision to mock her for something that is demonstrably untrue based on the statement from her included within your own post.

It seems to me like a lot of spin is being put on certain facts just to negate Bethenny's accomplishments ... like saying that she didn't have to hustle to meet David Kanbar, her rep Doug Wald just introduced her to him and then Kanbar did everything while Bethenny was just useless dead weight he had to lug around.

This is to ignore the fact that (1) Bethenny was savvy and impressive enough to secure a rep who had the kinds of big-time connections she herself didn't have that would be invaluable to her later, (2) she apparently had a well enough developed concept that someone the caliber of David Kanbar wanted to do business with her, and (3) although she had some understandable reservations about selling SG cocktails to Beam, she had the good sense to recognize she was being offered a unique opportunity to stay involved with the business and that Kanbar was right about how lucrative the deal could be (the repeated assertion that Kanbar had to "convince her" to take the deal is completely unsubstantiated and is likely a drastic overstatement).  

The fact that she had help - help she openly acknowledges - and didn't personally squeeze every lime that was used for every batch of margaritas doesn't mean she just rode to the bank on the coattails of other people, seriously. But I guess maybe there are people out there who think Johnny Carson didn't deserve any credit for the Tonight Show because he had writers and producers and directors and co-stars. But the truth is, part of what makes a successful person successful is the ability to identify and network with talented people who can help them. Few people out there have really hit it big the way Bethenny did all on their own. Not that Bethenny is claiming she did, mind you.

I'm curious - who is the source for the claim that Bethenny stole her mother's recipe for the drink? I mean, I know Luann claims she named it, but Bethenny didn't even invent it? Damn, lol. I suspect the person inserting herself into the story in order to  insult her daughter and publicly embarrass her  saying it is that lunatic Bernadette.  I wouldn't put much stock in anything she says, personally.  She's a complete nutter who clearly hates her own daughter and says things purely to hurt her all the time.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 19
4 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I'm curious - who is the source for the claim that Bethenny stole her mother's recipe for the drink? I mean, I know Luann claims she named it, but Bethenny didn't even invent it?

Bethenny on the show said that it was her mother’s drink when she first ordered it.

• Love 8

Actually, I invented it years ago. I used Equal in mine, lol. Triple sec is for chumps.  Lime juice, tequila, equal, and a splash of diet sprite. I call it an "Extraskinnyskinnygirl margarita." Where's my deal with Beam Suntory?????

Honestly, neither Bethenny not Bernadette "invented" the idea to blend lime juice and tequila without adding a bunch of extra sugary crap to it.  Good bars have made them that way for ages. It's not rocket science.

• Love 10