Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

A funeral isn’t about the living, it’s about the dead and having those who loved them be part of that moment and pay their final respects. As the ‘wife’ I do not think Jill has much standing to demand that Bethenny not attend the funeral knowing that she was an important person in Dennis’ life. Being the legal wife doesn’t give her that benefit when it was well known that despite the legal standing of their marriage, her and Dennis led very separate lives that included significant others that were not one another. 

As the mother of his children, I can understand her concern for wanting to protect her children while they grieve the loss of their father at his funeral. I’m sure that grief will extend well beyond that emotionally draining day. But the reality is that the paparazzi would have been there regardless if Bethenny showed up or not. Their presence was not premised on some public RSVP that Bethenny sent out letting the world know that she would be there. Their presence was premised on the fact that Bethenny and Dennis’ relationship was public knowledge and that there was a good chance that she would show up. I’ve only seen pictures of Bethenny at the funeral (and there wasn’t many) being circulated and saw none of the children (I don’t know what Jill looks like). In the end, her children’s grief weren’t used as tabloid fodder yet her comments after the fact is where Jill loses me. If your intent all along was to protect your children, how does it help your children to make the public comment she did?  The private request went from being rumour to being given more weight because of the comments she made – this only draws attention to herself and her children, making them the story instead of Dennis’ death. I would have respected  (and defended) her private request more if she had allowed the gossip to remain gossip and she had stayed off social media with comments. If it’s all about your children, then use your time to console them and find some semblance of normalcy with them, not igniting the flames that suggest some kind of now feud or drama with the girlfriend of your deceased ‘husband’.

• Love 6

If nothing else, this funeral debacle might just be a poster example of why the trend towards having no public services will be happening even more going forward.  Direct cremation>>private ceremony>>move on with life>>put a whole lotta money back in your pocket.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 2

I wonder what Dennis would have wanted Bethenny to do. In my head, if he was a decent guy, I imagine the conversation on the day of his funeral would have went like this:

"Sweetheart, I'm sorry this happened. I loved you, I'll always love you. I want you to take care of you. Stay home - it's  a miserable, rainy day. Stay in your pajamas and curl up with a pot of Earl Grey that we so enjoyed together. Play our favorite music and remember all the good times we had. It doesn't matter to me if you don't go. I'll know where your heart is. You know this."

I mean, Dennis might have wanted her to go. Shrug. But I think if he thought it would cause one iota of pain to his children, he would have pleaded with her not to attend.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

If nothing else, this funeral debacle might just be a poster example of why the trend towards having no public services will be happening even more going forward.  Direct cremation>>private ceremony>>move on with life>>put a whole lotta money back in your pocket.

I don't think anything or anyone on RHoNY has that kind of pull to create a shift in cultural norms. 

1 minute ago, ryebread said:

I wonder what Dennis would have wanted Bethenny to do. In my head, if he was a decent guy, I imagine the conversation on the day of his funeral would have went like this:

"Sweetheart, I'm sorry this happened. I loved you, I'll always love you. I want you to take care of you. Stay home - it's  a miserable, rainy day. Stay in your pajamas and curl up with a pot of Earl Grey that we so enjoyed together. Play our favorite music and remember all the good times we had. It doesn't matter to me if you don't go. I'll know where your heart is. You know this."

I mean, Dennis might have wanted her to go. Shrug. But I think if he thought it would cause one iota of pain to his children, he would have pleaded with her not to attend.

Have his children indicated their feelings publicly in any way?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Have his children indicated their feelings publicly in any way?

No. We haven't heard from them either way. And I hope it stays that way.

I think about the kids standing at the graveside, possibly being distracted. By the paparazzi being there or distracted by knowing that under the umbrella that stands head and shoulders above the rest because she has an umbrella holder, is my dad's girlfriend. Who I'm pretty darned sure my mother doesn't want there. 

I italicized the word 'possibly' because maybe they didn't even know she was there. Or even if they knew, they still didn't care. 

Alls I know, is I'm forever grateful that as I laid my beloved dad to rest, there was no distraction -  before church, after church, at the graveside, or at the luncheon following.

Hopefully, Beth skipped the luncheon? 

• Love 11

Regarding the pic upthread:  Does that seem 'off' to anyone else?  

First, who is the blonde hugging B?  And why does it look like it's photoshopped?  B is sobbing, and not hugging.  The woman shown hugging has a serious issue with her left shoe.  As in.......it looks curled under her foot.  

The very short blonde person to the right in the pic appears barefooted and toting an umbrella that looks more suited to Mary Poppins after a wind storm.  Plus.......a dress that short?  

Maybe I'm simply cynical, but something about that pic is.......off.   I don't know about you, but we have better canopies set up for our picnics than is shown in that pic.  

23 minutes ago, MostlyContent said:

First, who is the blonde hugging B?  And why does it look like it's photoshopped?  B is sobbing, and not hugging.  The woman shown hugging has a serious issue with her left shoe.  As in.......it looks curled under her foot.  

The very short blonde person to the right in the pic appears barefooted and toting an umbrella that looks more suited to Mary Poppins after a wind storm.  Plus.......a dress that short?  

I'll take a stab at it. I don't know the blonde's name, but she is the one in all the pictures comforting Bethenny. Her foot? Looks weird because it appears her heel is sunk into the grass. That's a casualty of wearing stilettos on the lawn. Graveside service? Wedges or flats, ladies.

That's why maybe that woman looks barefoot, because she is? I just went to a graveside service for someone's grandma a couple weeks ago. 95 degrees and the teen+ granddaughters had taken their heels off to walk to the grave site which was far in the distance. They were also wearing ridiculously short dresses. Ah, to be young!  

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, MostlyContent said:

Maybe I'm simply cynical, but something about that pic is.......off.   I don't know about you, but we have better canopies set up for our picnics than is shown in that pic.  

I don't think anyone knows who the blonde woman is that is hugging Bethenny. It looks like Bethenny was in the middle of receiving/returning the hug and that's the moment the pap caught. I don't understand the "curled under her foot" part because it doesn't look that way to me. Bethenny and the woman are facing each other, and their shoes/feet are facing each other as well. 

As for the girl with the short dress, something tells me that she's probably youngish (as in early 20s) and she wore the black dress she had available to her, which is a short black dress. She's also probably not wearing heels but either flat slides or low-heeled mules.

5 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I'll take a stab at it. I don't know the blonde's name, but she is the one in all the pictures comforting Bethenny. Her foot? Looks weird because it appears her heel is sunk into the grass. That's a casualty of wearing stilettos on the lawn. Graveside service? Wedges or flats, ladies.

That's why maybe that woman looks barefoot, because she is? I just went to a graveside service for someone's grandma a couple weeks ago. 95 degrees and the teen+ granddaughters had taken their heels off to walk to the grave site which was far in the distance. They were also wearing ridiculously short dresses. Ah, to be young!  

This goes for garden weddings as well lol.

*still remembers the time I was a bridesmaids in a garden wedding and had to keep shifting to keep the stilettos we had to wear from sinking into the grass*

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

The shift has already been created.  Happening more and more everywhere.

Nah! Direct cremations do not happen nearly as much as people think they do. There’s just a slight tick upwards in cremations over the last 20 years and even most of those still do the full pomp and circumstance with a full body viewing and most of those still either bury or place cremated remains in niches.

my location does over 2000 burials a year, our funeral home handles about 150 cremations that’s not a huge and it’s again that’s only slightly higher than it was 20 years ago. Those direct cremations with no services or private services are almost always for people with little to no family left to attend, for those with little money to commit to a full body service with burial or to those who’s family’s traditionally already cremate.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, bagger said:

Nah! Direct cremations do not happen nearly as much as people think they do.

One difference I've noticed in the past decade or so...used to be a 2 or 3 day visitation.  I haven't been to one of those in years. For the young or the old. Seems they are all one day or no day visitations, anymore. Are you noticing that?

My friend's granny's funeral I went to a couple weeks ago, didn't have anything at the funeral home at all. Just a quick graveside service and then lunch. Some are skipping the funeral home and the service, in lieu of a memorial at a later date.  Sometimes a much later date.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ryebread said:

One difference I've noticed in the past decade or so...used to be a 2 or 3 day visitation.  I haven't been to one of those in years. For the young or the old. Seems they are all one day or no day visitations, anymore. Are you noticing that?

My friend's granny's funeral I went to a couple weeks ago, didn't have anything at the funeral home at all. Just a quick graveside service and then lunch. Some are skipping the funeral home and the service, in lieu of a memorial at a later date.  Sometimes a much later date.

This 100% most of our services are a viewing/visitation one night, religious service the next morning followed by a grave side service. Once in a blue moon we will have a request from a family for either a two day viewing or even a 24 hour viewing but this is now rare.

in the States we are less open to “death” than in the past. People don’t attend services in the numbers that they used to and so services are shortened or eliminated. 

We have seen a trend more towards the “life well lived” or “celebration of life” services. These usually consist of a brief grave side service then a reception honoring the deceased. We are doing one today where the deceased was a florist and our reception hall looks like an English garden. 

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

I don't understand the "curled under her foot" part because it doesn't look that way to me. Bethenny and the woman are facing each other, and their shoes/feet are facing each other as well. 

Okay.  I'm not trying to be confrontational at all, but look at her left foot.  And shoe.  

Something about that pic seems strange.  Maybe it isn't even that it *is* strange, but rather I get a really off feeling when I look at it.  

Not a big deal when one considers the whole issue.  It just seemed odd to me.  :)

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I think it's a tough call because it's delicate since she wasn't married or engaged to Dennis, and Dennis was hardly a devoted husband to Jill, but I am sure Dennis's kids are devastated. 

All things considered, she went and was quietly respectful. If she hadn't gone, I'm sure there would be people bitching how cold she was. At the end of the day, I think it was handled well. 

SO much speculation in this thread, but I agree with your point.

Also, the "children" are young adults in their 20s and NYC kids, to boot. For all we know, they were fine or reconciled with their parents' "arrangement" and may even have had a bit of a relationship with Bethenny. I understand the widow is devastated, but I think she's also acting out some anger issues perhaps in part out of a bit of embarrassment that her relationship with her husband is newspaper fodder and that he clearly was engaged in a relationship with another woman. He went on TV with her for fucks sake, so if he is indeed the great father Jill has made him out to be, he probably had a chat about it with his kids and likely would have honored any objections if they had any.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, MostlyContent said:

Not a big deal when one considers the whole issue.  It just seemed odd to me.  :)

Gurrrrl, most of what we post here and site-wide isn't a big deal when one considers the whole issue. :-)

Yet, here we are! LOL

Signed, 

Musing in Michigan

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, MostlyContent said:

Okay.  I'm not trying to be confrontational at all, but look at her left foot.  And shoe.  

Something about that pic seems strange.  Maybe it isn't even that it *is* strange, but rather I get a really off feeling when I look at it.  

No, no confrontation at all lol. I just literally can't see what you're seeing is all. 

• Love 3

I have to wonder what Dennis would have wanted regarding his funeral?! Would he have wanted Bethenny there or preferred she grieve privately away from his family? That should have been the conversation Bethenny had privately with Jill Shields. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

We don't know for sure that it really was his daughter. Just a voice on the other end of Beth's cell phone.

I have always found this a curious arguement. To think that anyone would fake that is mind boggling. It's so easily verifiable and if his kids hate her like so many people surmise, this would be the opportunity to stick it to Bethenny. It hasn't happened.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I have always found this a curious arguement. To think that anyone would fake that is mind boggling. It's so easily verifiable and if his kids hate her like so many people surmise, this would be the opportunity to stick it to Bethenny. It hasn't happened.

People thought Red Scarf dude faked the texts from Bethenny, someone in the Potomac thread suggested one of the husbands brought a fake passport, etc. it’s the way of the world. 

• Love 6

I honestly can't imagine anyone busting on Bethenny for NOT going to the funeral. 

My question is, do people really get closure from attending a funeral? I go, usually to support those that are grieving and to get some support.  I can't say I get closure. That usually comes at a later date. Did Bethenny go to get comfort and closure? Which raises a question, Dennis' friends were surely there. Did Bethenny get comfort from them? I don't care for her, but it would make me sad if she was treated as a pariah and no one, even people who she and Dennis socialized with, (assuming they did) approached her.

Do you think she got what she went there for?

• Love 6
On 8/20/2018 at 4:32 PM, Mozelle said:

I think that Bethenny is great at therapy speak. It doesn't mean that she actively applies any of that to her life.

I find that she sounds like this with business as well. Like she's mimicking something she heard in a meeting.

On 8/20/2018 at 5:52 PM, jaync said:

She expects everyone else to face her feelings, too. However, she can't be bothered when it comes to others wanting to express themselves, so she's hardly enlightened.

Except the renovations are done on apartments that are originally intended to be her and Bryn's home. It's only because of her inability to stay settled that they become flip properties. 

To the first point, it's become irritating to watch confrontations that start out with Bethenny asking 'what's your problem?', then when given an answer she responds with 'I dont care about this' or 'you dont get to say that' or 'maybe I know it all'. 

Regarding the renovations, I think we've seen this with a few of the housewives: LVP, Vicki, Dubrow, Erika. Stay busy with with something that doesn't really need doing in order to avoid sny time for self-reflection.

On 8/20/2018 at 11:49 PM, Rosiejuliemom said:

I'm not sure how close they are. I just wish Beth had stepped back for common decency's sake. She was not his wife. She needed to take a backseat, no matter how hard it was for her. Let the family have the funeral. Say your goodbyes at a different time.

*Again, IF this is true at all*

12 hours ago, QuinnM said:

She isn’t his current wife.  She is history.  They have lived apart for years.  They both have moved on with other people.  It’s just an accident that has any legal attachment.  

I don't know what Dennis' wife thought of Bethenny or her presence at the funeral. I do know Dennis' wife not only has legal responsibilities here but more importantly has to watch her children grieve their father for the remainder of her own life. And I know that Bethenny was not dating Dennis at the time of his death. I don't understand how Jill is "history" in all this.

• Love 17
29 minutes ago, politichick said:

Also, the "children" are young adults in their 20s and NYC kids, to boot. For all we know, they were fine or reconciled with their parents' "arrangement" and may even have had a bit of a relationship with Bethenny. I understand the widow is devastated, but I think she's also acting out some anger issues perhaps in part out of a bit of embarrassment that her relationship with her husband is newspaper fodder and that he clearly was engaged in a relationship with another woman. He went on TV with her for fucks sake, so if he is indeed the great father Jill has made him out to be, he probably had a chat about it with his kids and likely would have honored any objections if they had any.

Yeah, while I think one of Dennis's kids might still be a teen, I am a bit eyerolly over Jill's portrait of the grieving children. She's making it sound like she has to explain to very young children why Daddy isn't coming home any more, not to adult children. But then, all things considered, Jill and Dennis clearly had a complicated relationship - they were separated, they were both dating others, but now that Dennis is dead, Jill is suddenly noting he was the love of her life.

I get it, I think we all get it, but that Jill wants to rewrite history after the fact really doesn't change the reality that she and Dennis were not happily married. 

And yes, if Dennis was that great father, then he sat down with all of his kids and got their opinion on his dating, but at the end of the day, he was not in a secret relationship with Bethenny Frankel. People were openly wondering, before his death, if the two were going to get married. He was on a tv show as Bethenny's date.

This said, I go back to my original point - If Jill Shields told Bethenny not to come to the funeral... then Jill Shields and not "sources" can say so. Jill certainly hasn't been shy declaring how her estranged husband was the love of her life or making any other public pronouncements about how she is the grieving wife clutching her little huddle of grieving children to her breast. 

That it's not coming directly from Jill is either Jill being passive aggressive or that it didn't actually happen. Because no one would judge Jill for saying "I didn't want Bethenny Frankel at the funeral." Estranged marriage or not, its still her marriage, not Bethenny's. 

• Love 9

Actually, we don't know the reason why Jill and Dennis broke up.  It may have been because of his drug use.  He had the surgery in 2015 and apparently they were still together.  Maybe she wanted him to get help for problem.  He didn't so maybe she said she couldn't live with him until he got help.  That would be understandable.  So he still could have been the love of her life but she couldn't live with his circumstance.  If this is what happened, I don't think she's rewriting history.   She also talked about speaking to him everyday and even recently going to see Springsteen on Broadway.

I have no idea of when Jill started dating again but apparently Dennis started dating Beth a few months after he separated.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

People thought Red Scarf dude faked the texts from Bethenny, someone in the Potomac thread suggested one of the husbands brought a fake passport, etc. it’s the way of the world. 

It is the way of the world. Maybe google some of the cons of people starting fake GoFund Me accounts. Heck, fake cancer diagnosis' have been fodder for both RHOC and RHOA. 
And as the person who brought up that passports can be fake or you can genuinely have multiples, how about adding the context?  I specifically said a single passport should not be used as irrefutable evidence that someone has or has not visited a country. I stand behind that 100%. 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Yeah, while I think one of Dennis's kids might still be a teen, I am a bit eyerolly over Jill's portrait of the grieving children. She's making it sound like she has to explain to very young children why Daddy isn't coming home any more, not to adult children. But then, all things considered, Jill and Dennis clearly had a complicated relationship - they were separated, they were both dating others, but now that Dennis is dead, Jill is suddenly noting he was the love of her life.

I get it, I think we all get it, but that Jill wants to rewrite history after the fact really doesn't change the reality that she and Dennis were not happily married. 

And yes, if Dennis was that great father, then he sat down with all of his kids and got their opinion on his dating, but at the end of the day, he was not in a secret relationship with Bethenny Frankel. People were openly wondering, before his death, if the two were going to get married. He was on a tv show as Bethenny's date.

This said, I go back to my original point - If Jill Shields told Bethenny not to come to the funeral... then Jill Shields and not "sources" can say so. Jill certainly hasn't been shy declaring how her estranged husband was the love of her life or making any other public pronouncements about how she is the grieving wife clutching her little huddle of grieving children to her breast. 

That it's not coming directly from Jill is either Jill being passive aggressive or that it didn't actually happen. Because no one would judge Jill for saying "I didn't want Bethenny Frankel at the funeral." Estranged marriage or not, its still her marriage, not Bethenny's. 

And, see, I think some people would very much judge Jill and would camp out under her social media posts to ask her to explain herself. Recall that comment under the IG post that rye shared last night, where the person wanted to know why she was posting pictures of Dennis now. So, yeah, if Jill came right out and said something as explicit as "I didn't want Bethenny Frankel at the funeral," she'd have to deal (even more than she is now) with demands for explanation. 

• Love 13

Not from me. I'd respect her for being honest and upfront, instead of playing passive aggressive games with the press, making sure that "sources" and not her directly, are telling the world she didn't want Bethenny there. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

IIRC, Nene dated a still married but separated man years later.  I don't necessarily think Bethenny wanted wife privileges but they were something and possibly going to have future and he and his legal wife were getting divorced and she was dating someone else too.  I think Bethenny was more of a present/future situation but his marriage and Jill were past.   

Yes, Nene is rumored to have done the same. If true, she should have kept her legs closed, too. Her, Kim, Bethenny - they can all be the intended recipients of that message.

It’s hard for a wife to be the past when Dennis was still married to her. I’m sure she oversaw the funeral arrangements and will have some hand in his estate. Bethenny may have been the current girlfriend, but the wife’s role as a spouse and mother to his kids shouldn’t be minimized. They clearly had some relationship if they were in regular contact prior to his death.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I'm seeing a grieving woman being comforted. She's not pissing on the grave, screaming, throwing herself on the coffin, insisting she was Dennis's real love, or telling the world Bryn is actually Dennis's. 

She was crying. Is that disrespectful?

eta - a quick look at the news reports shows no one citing Bethenny for any sort of inappropriate displays at the funeral. She's not that pretty and not that special enough to have gotten everyone to lie if she was a rude hosebeast or in any way disrespectful. 

My issue is her going to the cemetery.  In my experience, many go to the funeral or memorial service, but the actual graveside service/prayer is for close family only.  B may have been many things to Dennis, but she wasn't family.

For the poster who thought the photo looked wonky, I agree with others that it just appears her left shoe is more in the grass, and she's compensating with her upper body so that she doesn't seem to be wholly skewed.  You can't see others because they're mostly facing away from the camera, though it is odd that B has an umbrella holder.

I've read the posts from others about the length of wakes/ services.  I've certainly seen the difference over time; in my family as a child there were at least 2 days of a wake (Frank E Campbell in NYC!), then Mass, family to the cemetery and friends/family congregate at a family member's home after the burial.  As a child I didn't really understand wakes,  the conversations were about catching up with relatives you hadn't seen since the last funeral, or occasional fights about who was really closer to the deceased ("You feel free to out to dinner, I'll just stay here and mourn our mother" - words I have actually heard!).  Now I realize there's a benefit to the family members seeing each other and telling stories.

But cremation and changing views on death have changed much of that. My step-mother had a memorial service after my Dad's cremation, and there would have been no get-together after had I not insisted.  I did a luncheon of sorts at the church after my mother's memorial service, but nothing at the house or a wake before (she was cremated).  Cousins had NO service for their father (and yes, while discussing whether to cremate my mother I was privy to the dispute between my uncle and aunt on whether my aunt would be cremated.  Families!  PS - she outlived him so presumably she'll get to be buried not cremated).

31 minutes ago, film noire said:

...and sent a basket of Skinnygirl products instead.

~too soon? :)

Not for us!  Maybe for the family.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It's how you know you've truly arrived...you have an umbrella hoister on your payroll.  Just ask Diddy.

Diddy is the man! 

2 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I have to wonder what Dennis would have wanted regarding his funeral?! Would he have wanted Bethenny there or preferred she grieve privately away from his family? That should have been the conversation Bethenny had privately with Jill Shields. 

I am going to hell for saying this out loud but whatever, it seems Dennis didn't address his back pain in an efficient and healthy way- he was (allegedly) mixing Vicodin, Oxy and sleeping pills, with 4 young children to provide for and live for he made a terrible error in judgment that day. Not judging, opiod addiction is for anyone I get it.  But also he was dragging out not getting divorced from his wife, sleeping with Bethenny in a very off or very on relationship that went on and on, all of things point to a man in murky waters.  He was crossing the line on these things and probably a lot more we'll never know about. It is no wonder it was murky for the funeral the boundaries were everywhere. He left a mess. I feel badly even writing that.  But............ I have just seen a lot of people go thru funerals and sudden death WITH their wills and affairs in order and obits already written and it is still hard!  I cannot imagine the mess of a house not in order in the same situation.  I feel so badly for 4 young children with no father. 

2 hours ago, ryebread said:

My question is, do people really get closure from attending a funeral? I go, usually to support those that are grieving and to get some support.  I can't say I get closure. That usually comes at a later date. Did Bethenny go to get comfort and closure? Which raises a question, Dennis' friends were surely there. Did Bethenny get comfort from them? I don't care for her, but it would make me sad if she was treated as a pariah and no one, even people who she and Dennis socialized with, (assuming they did) approached her.

Do you think she got what she went there for?

She not only attended the funeral of her father who allegedly didn't exist, but she eulogized him so she had to have the last word.  IDK if she got what she went for but I am damn sure she was gonna go come hell or high water like she did her dads and be a part of it. For the record I think she should have gone. Also for the record I think it's shameful that she eulogized him then 2 days later on Scary Island called him a terrible horrible person. Unless she also went that route in the eulogy she's a GIANT hypocrite. 

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

Now I realize there's a benefit to the family members seeing each other and telling stories.

When my grandmother died, her mother asked for all of us to come to her house for dinner the night before the funeral. My great-grandma and I were desperate for something to keep us busy and my family takes comfort food very seriously. Despite me threatening to break my uncle's kneecaps, it was a healing night.

It did help. My favorite part was her telling me stories about my grandma while she and I were making all the food.

• Love 10

It's so true. When someone dies esp suddenly I when possible and it's someone I am close enough to task myself to clean and reorg the fridge (because the food is coming) , and offer the night of the viewing make sure they get home to a ready hot meal (and temperature appropriate alcohol usually as well) in privacy and no cleanup after.  Everyone wants to know what to do and that had been the best received. Needed. 

• Love 9

Since Bethenny was invited to that it kind of calls the rest of the story bullshit.

Like the ring story was bullshit, until it wasn't?

Paps would have shown up regardless.

Were there pap pics of Dennis's wife and children? If not, then it would seem pretty clear they were only there for Beth. And, if she hadn't been at the funeral, then there would've been no reason for them to have been at the gravesite.

If the paps were present, then you can be sure Bravo was also there, capturing their own footage for next season's premiere.

Regarding the renovations, I think we've seen this with a few of the housewives: LVP, Vicki, Dubrow, Erika. Stay busy with with something that doesn't really need doing in order to avoid sny time for self-reflection.

True, but those HWs don't up and move every few months/yearly after their renovations are completed.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

It's so true. When someone dies esp suddenly I when possible and it's someone I am close enough to task myself to clean and reorg the fridge (because the food is coming) , and offer the night of the viewing make sure they get home to a ready hot meal (and temperature appropriate alcohol usually as well) in privacy and no cleanup after.  Everyone wants to know what to do and that had been the best received. Needed. 

I honestly had never thought of that, but what a great thing to do (the fridge and meal service) for a grieving family. I have heard of people going over to stay at someone’s house during a wake or funeral because some thieves watch the obits and target their homes for a robbery. 

• Love 6

If Frankel is genuinely innocent of all these tasteless stories, she really needs to release a short, dignified comment saying the stories are not coming from her (or her camp) + the standard please allow those of us who loved Dennis to heal, my condolences to his widow and children, etc etc.

And is this the first public reference to Shields having been a "rehab veteran"?

"Throughout their on-off romance, “he proposed to her many times,” reveals the source. “But never with a ring.” 

That is, until April, when he, at long last, presented her with a sparkler.

“She didn’t say yes, but she also didn’t say no,” adds the insider. “She told him they first had to overcome some issues. " Including the rehab veteran’s battle with addiction. “Bethenny has a kid and she was not going to make that level of commitment given the situation,” says the Frankel pal. 

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bethenny-frankel-was-hopeful-about-future-with-dennis-shields/

If I were his widow (or kids) I'd tear Frankel's "pal" apart, both for revealing that about Shields, and for polishing her image at the expense of the man she claimed was her  "family" (even as he lies still warm in his grave).  Shut up and sit down and leave it alone for at least a few weeks, you shameful assholes. Let his actual family grieve in peace without seeing all this shit about their Dad in friggin' Us magazine.

eta: So the Radar blurb was right, and Frankel knew he was a user  - why would she leave her daughter alone with a man she knew was a drug addict? 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11

24 is young to lose a father, I agree, but I wouldn't characterize a 24 year old adult as "a young child"... which has what's been going on. Even the youngest child is a teenager.

eta - as for the soiling of Dennis Shield's reputation, weren't people calling him a sleazo scumbag business man when he was alive? And a cheat - he WAS married. And now he's dead from his *drug addiction*. I really don't think this pig's ear will be turning into a silk purse any time soon?

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 8

eta - as for the soiling of Dennis Shield's reputation, weren't people calling him a sleazo scumbag business man when he was alive? And a cheat - he WAS married. And now he's dead from his *drug addiction*

Here, yes (IDK about other forums), but were the tabs saying those same things about Dennis when they were posting pics of him and Beth out and about?

Yes, film noire, it's shitty for Frankel's camp to reveal that kind of information, because there's no reason for it other than to keep her name in the tabs. Gotta sell those jeans, you know.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

But this is supposing that the daughter doesn't like her enough to take her call and back her, but conversely likes her enough to not out her as a lier. There is a second person involved. It makes no sense.

9 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

But this is supposing that the daughter doesn't like her enough to take her call and back her, but conversely likes her enough to not out her as a lier. There is a second person involved. It makes no sense.

Seems the same as the Red scarf dude accused of faking the texts with Bethenny who could have easily denied those texts if they were faked. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Maybe she wanted him to get help for problem.  He didn't so maybe she said she couldn't live with him until he got help.  That would be understandable.  So he still could have been the love of her life but she couldn't live with his circumstance.  If this is what happened, I don't think she's rewriting history.   She also talked about speaking to him everyday and even recently going to see Springsteen on Broadway.

Now that Frankel's camp has slapped the label of "rehab veteran" on Shields, that sounds very likely, Breezy.

@jaync

Yes, film noire, it's shitty for Frankel's camp to reveal that kind of information, because there's no reason for it other than to keep her name in the tabs. 

It sounds so corny, but (if Bethenny is behind this revelation) she has no decency.  If it was absolutely crucial the world know Shields was an addict, she couldn't keep that private for even a few more weeks? She couldn't let his family get past the first phase of mourning -- get through the brutality of the initial loss, those moments when you can't understand where they've gone because their voice and touch and physical presence are all still fresh in your mind --- she couldn't even let them have that, before revealing intimate information that might hurt them? 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, film noire said:

Now that Frankel's camp has slapped the label of "rehab veteran" on Shields, that sounds very likely, Breezy.

It sounds so corny, but (if she's behind this) she has no common decency. 

If it was absolutely crucial the world know Shields was an addict, she couldn't keep that private for even a few more weeks? She couldn't let his family get past the first phase of mourning -- get through the brutality of the initial loss, those moments when you can't understand where they've gone because their voice and touch and physical presence are all still fresh in your mind --- she couldn't even let them have that, before revealing intimate information that might hurt them? 

And you KNOW they have a "friend (or 2) with good intentions" that are keeping them up to date on the latest gossip, whether they are curious or not. Let the family grieve in peace FFS!

Edited by SweetieDarling
awkward wording
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, film noire said:

It sounds so corny, but (if she's behind this) she has no common decency. 

If it was absolutely crucial the world know Shields was an addict, she couldn't keep that private for even a few more weeks? She couldn't let his family get past the first phase of mourning -- get through the brutality of the initial loss, those moments when you can't understand where they've gone because their voice and touch and physical presence are all still fresh in your mind --- she couldn't even let them have that, before revealing intimate information that might hurt them? 

It's the writer that described Dennis as a rehab veteran. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, politichick said:

It's the writer that described Dennis as a rehab veteran. 

Where do you think the writer got that info?  I'm guessing from the "pal".

But if it wasn't from her camp - great! --  I await Bethenny Frankel's repudiation and denial of this article about her in Us magazine.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3
On 8/20/2018 at 6:33 PM, Jel said:

Wasn't there a thing recently about Andy Cohen (allegedly) sexually harassing someone?  So check to someone having the goods on him. I can buy it's Andy Cohen as the talk show host.

I don't get WWHL so I don't know who he supports amongst the HWs. In a preview, he yelled at one of them to shut up so Bethenny could answer, but in fairness, I've seen him do that a number of times on reunions, so I don't see that as proof of anything really.

Besides Shannon and Tamra and their rather inauthentic seeming give Vicki another change dealie, which other HWs have done a 180 on anything? For sure Lu on Bethenny -- and Lu needs the job.   Anyone else?

Aw man, now this is going to stick in my craw.

What if it's Julie Chen and Andy Cohen? Could that happen? They go way back...

• Love 2