Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Proving once again, that size matters.

There was a red carpet event, I think Oscars a couple of years ago and Paul McCartney and wife had this huge like double wide umbrella.  Every interviewer remarked on it.  Paul explained it by saying, not sure my man brought it.  So in London these people are referred to as my man.  That fits with my MM moniker for the unexplained guy.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I see the resemblance but I'm reasonably sure it's not Hoppy.

Had he shown up, I have no doubt every tabloid would have jumped all over it and declared them "reunited" or some such twuntery.  

I love that word. Thanks.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I was on OxyContin for a few months after surgery.

The prescribing physician emphasized multiple times not to chew or break the tablet for any reason.

Further, he told me not to even try taking them over a sink, because if I dropped it it would be exposed to water which would compromise it's extended release and could be fatal, no matter how quickly I might pick it back up. He said if that did happen, the pill would need to be flushed down the toilet immediately.  Scary stuff.

The Oxy's are definitely nothing to be taken lightly, whether it's immediate release or extended release.

I'm still holding for the ME statement regarding the actual cause of death, however.  

Just a comment: I’ve been asked NOT to flush unwanted meds down the toilet, but to trash them (after making them unconsumable - mixing into cat litter or something).  Reason why: meds that go into the sewer eventually can reappear in potable water. The water purification systems can’t get rid of every thing that’s in the water. 

This was in the wake (pardon the expression) of finding out that people who’d never taken certain psychotropic drugs had them in their systems. According to the sleuths who followed up, there are so many folks taking prescribed psychotropics that the residues are now in the water. 

Don’t know if it’s all urban legends and too lazy to look at Snopes.  But I throw expired OTC tabs in the trash. Thus far, thank heaven, I haven’t had  narcotics to deal with.  

Edited by BckpckFullaNinjas
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Certainly we can make it as big a deal as we want.  All drivers hold umbrellas.  All doormen hold umbrellas.  I can always spot the professional umbrella holders because they have the biggest umbrellas.  The MM is not a professional.  He had a personal size umbrella.  

Interesting development on PageSix - they have started pulling the Dennis stories from display.  So someone finally hired a publicist and told them to get this under control.  I’m guessing Bethenny but it could be Jill or Dennis’s firm.

Can you elaborate please? What do you mean about pulling stories from display? What stories? Why would stories need to be pulled? 

Just now, CrinkleCutCat said:

Can you elaborate please? What do you mean about pulling stories from display? What stories? Why would stories need to be pulled? 

Gossip sites have different formulas for stories being on the front page.  Radar uses clicks.  The stories float automatically to the top with the most clicks.  PageSix just adds and lets them scroll.  Unless they pull them from display.  You can still see all the stories if you search but they no longer display in chronological order.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, QuinnM said:

Gossip sites have different formulas for stories being on the front page.  Radar uses clicks.  The stories float automatically to the top with the most clicks.  PageSix just adds and lets them scroll.  Unless they pull them from display.  You can still see all the stories if you search but they no longer display in chronological order.

Ahhhh. Gotcha! Thanks!

15 hours ago, film noire said:

Fucking People magazine, you are now every bit as low rent as Radar -- so tacky to publish this the day his wife and kids buried him:

Dennis Shields Proposed to Bethenny Frankel Before His Death: 'She Didn't Say No,' Friend Says

"Despite their complicated relationship status, Bethenny Frankel and Dennis Shields considered marriage in recent months — and he even gave her an engagement ring.

A friend of the Real Housewives of New York City star tells PEOPLE that the couple were discussing the possibility of marriage this past spring.“He proposed to her with a ring in April. She wasn’t wearing the ring,” the friend says. “There were some hurdles to overcome before she could make that level of a commitment.  She loved him. He’s her family and her best friend and her confidante. Her partner and her business partner.”

Still, Frankel, 47, kept the news a secret. “Very few people knew about the proposal,” the friend says. “He’s proposed before — but never with a ring.” Her answer? “She didn’t say no,” the friend says. “She would have loved to have married him, but there were some hurdles to overcome first.”

https://people.com/tv/dennis-shields-proposed-bethenny-frankel/

15 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

People used to be one of the more respected tabloids in the business, if not the most. They are total trash these days and this is more evidence of it. Name your source, People (it's either an intern or Sonja Morgan).

Knock knock!

People went down the tubes a long time ago.

In more recent history - they hired Luann as a wedding consultant. Bwahahahaha

• Love 10
10 hours ago, bagger said:

The mystery of the umbrella holder: a driver normally carries the umbrella because they’ll hold it while they open the door so that the occupant does not get wet. They will continue to provide cover for the drivee until they are under cover. They will then keep the umbrella so that the drivee never has to deal with what to do with a wet umbrella. Yes indeed I have written that SOP for a hotel I worked for many years ago. ?

Or it could have simply been a kind friend who could see how horrified and sad she was. Remember that? Kindness? Yes, even B gets to have that in her life. Sad.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

Just a comment: I’ve been asked NOT to flush unwanted meds down the toilet, but to trash them (after making them unconsumable - mixing into cat litter or something).  Reason why: meds that go into the sewer eventually can reappear in potable water. The water purification systems can’t get rid of every thing that’s in the water. 

This was in the wake (pardon the expression) of finding out that people who’d never taken certain psychotropic drugs had them in their systems. According to the sleuths who followed up, there are so many folks taking prescribed psychotropics that the residues are now in the water. 

Don’t know if it’s all urban legends and too lazy to look at Snopes.  But I throw expired OTC tabs in the trash. Thus far, thank heaven, I haven’t had  narcotics to deal with.  

When you posted those words, the first thought was Judge Judy.

Plaintiff and defendant.

Judge Judy - the defendant looks like a reasonable and intelligent person. Addresses defendant: Have you taken any psychotropic drugs in the last 6 months?

Plaintiff: No judge

I love Judge Judy

HarmlessCloseCaecilian-size_restricted.g

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

They also pull information from all of the other stories already posted. Nothing on their site is "original". They also get people to their site to read their article by posting a misleading headline.

• Love 1

She can't carry her own umbrella??  I like Bethenny just fine but this was just odd.  A little too "look at me I'm not holding my own umbrella".  Maybe it's just me. 

Bethenny knew she'd be photographed.  If she's holding an umbrella and they photograph her at the wrong angle, her arm and the umbrella might be blocking some of her grief-stricken image.  Notice that whenever she hugs anyone, HER face is always towards the camera.  She knows her angles...

• Love 7

I don't have any reaction, one way or the other, to any of the pictures that Bethenny and the wife are posting on SM.

What I'm surprised about is that they are on social media at all.  Posting anything.  Tributes, loving/creepy/any pictures, like one minute after their loved one died suddenly.

When my 82 yo dad passed after a long illness, I posted his picture and a few nice words on my Facebook page, the morning after.  But if my youngish husband or my lover (fiancé?) died suddenly and unexpectedly?  I think I'd be so shocked and horrified, that social media would be far, far from my thoughts.  Ugh.  Don't even want to imagine it.

No need to tell me that people grieve in different ways.  I understand. That's just the way I imagine I'd feel.  These women must be made of brawnier stuff than me.  I'd be too devastated to be doing much of anything.

• Love 17
7 hours ago, film noire said:

With this second "exclusive story", I no longer think it's possible this is being floated without Frankel's permission -- one story, maybe, but two in the same day? Not possible.

Of course it's possible that more than one story about an engagement could come out in one day without Bethenny being behind it.  This is a (relatively) big story - sources are anxious to talk. The iron is hot so the tabloids are striking.  In a week no one will care so they've got to push everything they can now. I'm surprised more rags aren't leaping to report some kind of manufactured scandal. Look at the reaction it generates. 

I think Frankel gave marching orders. Which is so disturbing. It's one thing to strongly rebut the vicious trash Radar wrote about her, but this is beyond that. Are there even words to describe this?  I don't have them.

I personally have two words to describe this: pure speculation. 

You'd think she'd be too grief-stricken to worry about People and US reporting on her secret engagement to a man still married to his wife widow.  You'd think she'd be too full of sorrow to make sure multiple sources talked to two major periodicals to make it clear Shields gave her an engagement ring, make it clear Dennis left old Jill behind and picked Bethenny and even though he's dead and unable to explain any of this -- to his kids, and to the mother of his kids -- she's pushing the He put a ring on it story hard, and on the same day they planted Dennis Shields six feet under. 

Rather than being a transparent attempt by Bethenny to create a dramatic love story narrative between her and Dennis, all I read is a reiteration the fact that she had an on-again, off-again relationship with a married man who just died of a drug overdose, and that there may have been a ring involved. I doubt Bethenny is behind this. It doesn't make her look particularly good or do her any favors. 

It's entirely possible that this story is being spread by someone who is out to damage her, just the same as the story blaming Bethenny for what happened to Dennis was an attempt to do. It could easily be the handiwork of someone who actually has inside information they are sharing in the belief it will help Bethenny somehow. It could be a complete fabrication designed to generate clicks and sell magazines. I see no reason to believe with 100% certainty that Bethenny is behind the story and tear her apart over it based on assumption and nothing more. 

As far as Dennis not being here to explain things to "old Jill" ... why refer to her as "old Jill?"  This word choice feels like an attempt to suggest Bethenny is cruelly trumpeting that she is a younger woman who lured Dennis away, which is ridiculous because (a) she isn't younger, and (b) there is nothing in the stories linked which say Bethenny is suggesting Jill was discarded by Dennis due to her age. That's subtly putting words in Bethenny's mouth in an extremely unfair way imo. 

Again, regarding Dennis not being here to explain things to Jill,  remember Jill and Dennis supposedly talked every day.  I would guess the nature and seriousness of the relationships they had with people outside their marriage was something they discussed from time to time.  So if Dennis really gave Bethenny a ring, there is a good chance she already knew.  She also probably knows if there is no way he gave her a ring. I seriously doubt Jill has been left stunned by some kind of unexpected revelation contained in these stories and she is far more concerned right now with helping her children deal with the loss of their father than she is with tabloid gossip about him.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 17

What I'm surprised about is that they are on social media at all.  Posting anything.  Tributes, loving/creepy/any pictures, like one minute after their loved one died suddenly.

Yup. When my mom died earlier this year, my sister couldn't stop posting tributes on FB. I responded by...deactivating my FB profile. My sister needs attention. I think Bethenny does too, but in a different way. During the Season 3 Reunion, she was accused of feeding stories to the press and she said something like "Thank God for the press...they're paying for my babysitter right now," or something. Bethenny relies on her fan base to keep her business going. She knows that once she stops posting, interest will wane. But yeah, I think people would understand if she took a week or two off from engaging with social media!

The wife? I don't know what her motivation would be, other than to remind people "hey, I lost my husband - this isn't just about Bethenny losing a boyfriend."

• Love 14
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

I don't have any reaction, one way or the other, to any of the pictures that Bethenny and the wife are posting on SM.

What I'm surprised about is that they are on social media at all.  Posting anything.  Tributes, loving/creepy/any pictures, like one minute after their loved one died suddenly.

When my 82 yo dad passed after a long illness, I posted his picture and a few nice words on my Facebook page, the morning after.  But if my youngish husband or my lover (fiancé?) died suddenly and unexpectedly?  I think I'd be so shocked and horrified, that social media would be far, far from my thoughts.  Ugh.  Don't even want to imagine it.

No need to tell me that people grieve in different ways.  I understand. That's just the way I imagine I'd feel.  These women must be made of brawnier stuff than me.  I'd be too devastated to be doing much of anything.

My husband died of a heart attack that like all heart attacks was sudden.  As much as I hated having to do it, my daughter posted about it that evening because it was the easiest way to get it out there to all of the many people that knew him.  I don't have an issue with posting tributes on social media.  This is the world that we live in now.  In fact, if they didn't post anything, some people would criticize them for that.  Pretty much a no win situation.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I remarked about it once before, when she was photographed (not at a funeral) with an official umbrella holder (may have been her previous driver) and was told that it was no.big.deal.  

Uh huh.

4 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Certainly we can make it as big a deal as we want.  All drivers hold umbrellas.  All doormen hold umbrellas.  I can always spot the professional umbrella holders because they have the biggest umbrellas.  The MM is not a professional.  He had a personal size umbrella.  

Yeah no I cannot condone it at a graveside service I can't get past it. Especially one as tragic as this a healthy father in the prime of his life leaving 4 kids suddenly in the possible context of overdose.  Let's keep the burial on the DL as possible. No plus ones. The driver gets to help her out of the car to get adjusted then hand her the damn thing. It's a burial. Is nothing private? Boundaries. 

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

Separately, I am also open to the idea that Dennis’s wife’s “side” or people could be floating stories. 

I'll amend my certainty to it being absolutely possible (only because you're a smartypants so if you think it's possible,  it must be possible :) Somebody who hates Frankel was behind the Radar story (blaming her for his death isn't casual revenge, it's brutal) so yes, maybe somebody is running a stealth campaign against her in People and Us. 

But I just don't see the win for anybody but Bethenny in stories about them being engaged...Not unless I put on my tinfoil fascinator (and don't I look fetching? :)

tinfoil hat.jpg

..and along those lines: if there is a bigger fish here (LawCash financials, payoffs, etc) I could see somebody trying to wind Frankel up and hope she takes the bait as a media distraction. (I guess we'll have some sense of it based on how Bethenny reacts/addresses the stories). Whatever the origin of the He put a ring on it media blitz,  I think it's a dismal arc for both women. The girl Bethenny was friends with in high school is now the widow of the man being trumpeted as her fiancee -- all the ego crap aside, that's just raw and sad and broken for them both, in human terms - I wish they'd kept it all behind the scenes, minus the photo tributes and initial comments to the press when news of his death broke.

eta:

@Alonzo Mosely FBI,  thank you for the obit link.  They used a great quote from one of his own books to describe him -- I get a better sense of the man (as seen by his loved ones) from this obit, than from his actual appearance on the show:

"A storied raconteur, his own fiction best describes him: "A handsome kind man who led an idyllic life, often offensive, sometimes poignant, occasionally edifying and always funny. Some say he has the mind of an Einstein, the wit of Oscar Wilde, and the good looks of a movie star. Others don't. He is a citizen of the world."

Edited by film noire
my chapeau!
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, NewGranny said:

My husband died of a heart attack that like all heart attacks was sudden.  As much as I hated having to do it, my daughter posted about it that evening because it was the easiest way to get it out there to all of the many people that knew him.  I don't have an issue with posting tributes on social media.  This is the world that we live in now.  In fact, if they didn't post anything, some people would criticize them for that.  Pretty much a no win situation.

So sorry for your loss :(  I agree with your sentiments. I was going to post something similar. My cousin, who is only a few years older than me, recently died suddenly and his daughter shared the news via FB later that day - it was the quickest way to get the news out without someone having to make a ton of calls to extended family and his friends. We don't live in the same state, so it was also helpful for my parents to find out so they could make arrangements to travel. Social media... It's just the way of the world now.  His friends posted tributes to him and it was wonderful to read. I know his immediate family appreciated it, as did I. Helped me remember the good times. Back to the topic at hand -  Bethenny is a public figure, like it or not - and people who are aware of her and aware of this news likely want to know what she's thinking. Her Insta post was very brief, and in my opinion, a fitting, sweet tribute to him. As far as I know, she's still remained quiet publicly beyond that insta post.  It was a no-win situation. 

Edited by BodhiGurl
clarity
  • Love 6
On 8/12/2018 at 5:51 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Thank you. I find that a little odd, I should listen it might make more sense to me in context. :-) 

Regardless of the script she has known him in some close capacity 30 years. Hard loss. 

Except that at other times she claimed that she didn’t keep in touch during the marriage.  At one point she said they stated dating in 2016, then said it was 4 years...  I take the “that’s what she told me”to be “I’m not responsible if that’s a lie.”

30 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

The guest book is very moving.... no mention of Bethenny in the obit.  That had to smart. They were close for sure.

Dennis Shields NYT obit

The mistress and wife need to get along a lot better for both to be mentioned.  A mensch doesn’t compute with the law financing business.  But then again, I was shocked to read comments about my cousins husband was such a great guy, when he had stolen lots from lots of people....

• Love 6
1 hour ago, archer1267 said:

The wife? I don't know what her motivation would be, other than to remind people "hey, I lost my husband - this isn't just about Bethenny losing a boyfriend."

The wife’s hands aren’t clean in any of this media whoring either. Anyone who knew who these people were before Dennis died knew they were separated, she goes on to say in an instagram posting that she lost the love of her while you scroll down and get to see pictures of her and her boyfriend frolicking beach front. 

Nothing wrong with that but let’s be real... the love of your life? Hmm

That was the father of her children and that was her husband and I take nothing away from her position as such but if we are going to take B to task let’s not ignore what Jill is doing.

nothing really much to do with your posting archer I just piggy backed on the hill thing because I’ve been thinking about it.

• Love 12

There's definitely more under the surface of the Bethenny-Dennis-Jill-Jill's bae thing. Like I said a couple days ago, Jill's IG posting seemed very much about counteracting the "Bethenny's boyfriend, Dennis Shields..." headlines that abounded after his passing. By other accounts, Bethenny and Jill knew each other in high school, so who knows what that relationship was like then and whether there was still tension there as a result when it was known that Bethenny and Dennis were together (even though Jill and Dennis were leading married separate(d) lives).

• Love 7
7 hours ago, QuinnM said:

The story has a name attached to it, Gregory Broccoli. 

No, Broccoli (who left a condolence note in the guestbook for Shields) said the opposite - he told Radar that Frankel "dumped" Shields, but Dennis still loved her:

“Sources told Radar that Frankel, 47 allegedly dumped Shields, 51, days before his death. But his friend claimed that didn’t change his feelings for her. "Yes, they were broken up but they spoke every day, all the time,” Broccoli continued. “She would be upset about something and she would call him up. He consoled her. If she needed something, he always provided a solution.”

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/08/rhony-dennis-shields-very-much-in-love-with-bethenny-frankel-romance-revealed/

Given that quote + his condolence note, I think it's likelier that Dennis' family are on the "Broken up/not engaged" bandwagon.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, Mozelle said:

The caption talk reminds of the discussion that ensued I think last year when both Brandy and Monica posted on IG about Whitney Houston on the anniversary of her death. Much was made about how Brandy made the tribute more about her versus Monica’s tribute, which was about Whitney. 

There simply are people who don’t know how to give praise of others without using “I”s and “me”s.

This describes Carole Radziwill to a T

image.thumb.png.04cdea5022e95201c1b756922cf15540.png

First the use of a generic photo you can find on Google Images as opposed to a personal photo when she worked for him. He was much younger than the photo shown when she knew him.

Second her tribute:

Remembering a great man, boss, and mentor. It was an honor to work for him. He died on this day in 2005. He would have turned 80. He taught me everything about story-telling, truth, and integrity. This was a time when credible sources and facts mattered. He taught me how to bring the receipts before it was a thing. ?
I wonder what he'd think about social media, this President, and the war the White House has declared on the press. I'd like to think he'd be the first at the gates ready to battle. #bestinclass #1stAmendment

All of Carole's "tribute" is about how it relates to herself.

I know Carole recently pretended not to know what it meant to "bring receipts" She said she never heard of the phrase - and now she's claiming he taught her 30 years ago.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, bagger said:

The wife’s hands aren’t clean in any of this media whoring either. Anyone who knew who these people were before Dennis died knew they were separated, she goes on to say in an instagram posting that she lost the love of her while you scroll down and get to see pictures of her and her boyfriend frolicking beach front. 

Nothing wrong with that but let’s be real... the love of your life? Hmm

That was the father of her children and that was her husband and I take nothing away from her position as such but if we are going to take B to task let’s not ignore what Jill is doing.

nothing really much to do with your posting archer I just piggy backed on the hill thing because I’ve been thinking about it.

I have no idea what caused Jill and Dennis' separation, but just because they are separated, and she appears to also have moved on, doesn't, necessarily, mean she agreed to the separation because she wanted to. He may well have been the love of her life, and maybe, she still really loved him. We don't know. I thought it was an appropriate, respectful post.

• Love 10

Ugh, social media. Really, both B and Jill are damned no matter what they do. When my husband died, I was told by several people to post on FB so everyone would know, so I did. And when I went on the next day to post funeral arrangments, I was catching hell for not posting anything before the death announcement, like I should have "checked-in" to the hospice or something? (Turns out, people do that, and not just Ashley from Southern Charm...) Because of that kind of bull shit and many other reasons, I took a social media hiatus that I assumed would last about a month, that has now led to 10 months, heh. I like life without social media. It's quieter. 

So, I judge nobody in this situation. In regular old boring non-famous people life, social media is a mindfuck when someone dies. I was overwhelmed by everyone and everything — I cannot imagine what it's like doing any of this in the public eye. If his wife wants to post a thousand photos of them together, go at it. If it makes her feel better, good. Not my style, but everyone is different. I thought the pic B posted of Dennis and Cookie was sweet and didn't have a problem with it. I REALLY hope she doesn't post manic videos of herself freaking out like she did during Cookie's seizure. I know she loves attention but I don't think that's the type of attention she needs right now. 

And on a really flip note, how pissed off is Lu that all of this stole her Megyn Kelly thunder? And whoah, next season is gonna be...I don't even know. 

Edited by Stiggs
  • Love 15
52 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

First the use of a generic photo you can find on Google Images as opposed to a personal photo when she worked for him. He was much younger than the photo shown when she knew him.

Second her tribute:

Remembering a great man, boss, and mentor. It was an honor to work for him. He died on this day in 2005. He would have turned 80. He taught me everything about story-telling, truth, and integrity. This was a time when credible sources and facts mattered. He taught me how to bring the receipts before it was a thing. ?
I wonder what he'd think about social media, this President, and the war the White House has declared on the press. I'd like to think he'd be the first at the gates ready to battle. #bestinclass #1stAmendment

I know Carole recently pretended not to know what it meant to "bring receipts" She said she never heard of the phrase - and now she's claiming he taught her 30 years ago.

OK. It doesn't erase that Bethenny did the same. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ryebread said:

I friend of mine lost her fiance 2weeks ago.  She was posting about it on facebook pretty quickly. But we belong to a tightknit group of people who live all over the USA UK and other places.  I posted a lot when my niece died on NYD. Anything to keep busy and better than individually telling everyone. And i was comforting to see that though she lost her battle with opioids, she helped others a lot.

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Yes, that jumped out at me, too. One would think she'd have a casual candid photo with her mentor -- by her desk, by his desk, in the kitchen, at the annual holiday party, at the  *ahem* Emmys-- something. O well, maybe all her casual me-and-my-mentor photos are in her memory box with the charm bracelets, stuffed animals, and romance novels she and her bff Carolyn shared.

Edited by SCS
  • Love 8
59 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

I friend of mine lost her fiance 2weeks ago.  She was posting about it on facebook pretty quickly. But we belong to a tightknit group of people who live all over the USA UK and other places.  I posted a lot when my niece died on NYD. Anything to keep busy and better than individually telling everyone. And i was comforting to see that though she lost her battle with opioids, she helped others a lot.

People rely way too much on social media these Days in my opinion but more and more the families I serve in the cemetery use it to get the information out. Most of the families that I meet with will immediately ask me for the link to the online obituaries to help disseminate the information about services. I guess I’ve never checked, I didn’t realize they were doing tributes to their loved ones as well.

Edited by bagger
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

know Carole recently pretended not to know what it meant to "bring receipts" She said she never heard of the phrase - and now she's claiming he taught her 30 years ago.

Isn’t saying “before it was a thing” an indication that she didn’t know the phrase then because it hadn’t been invented?

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Isn’t saying “before it was a thing” an indication that she didn’t know the phrase then because it hadn’t been invented?

The phrase was invented long before Whitney Houston infamously used the line in her interview with Diane Sawyer in 2002.

It goes back to retail stores and their rules for refunds and exchanges - receipts must be brought and shown

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

The phrase was invented long before Whitney Houston infamously used the line in her interview with Diane Sawyer in 2002.

It goes back to retail stores and their rules for refunds and exchanges - receipts must be brought and shown

But she IS talking about it as a Whitney thing, hence her emoji.

Sorry, don’t meant to make this confusing, lol 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

But she IS talking about it as a Whitney thing, hence her emoji.

Sorry, don’t meant to make this confusing, lol 

Carole didn't mention Whitney, so I'm not sure what you're saying.

Carole was on WWHL a few weeks ago and said she never heard of the phrase, which like I said existed in retail long before 2002. The phrase also existed long ago used by CPA's during tax season - meaning telling your clients to bring their receipts - which doesn't just mean receipts from purchases, but all the documentation they need from you before they do your taxes such as W2's, bank statements, stock interest, etc

I say it’s friends of his wife attempting to make Bethenny look bad.

But, it doesn't make Beth look bad - it paints her as someone so enamored and loved by Dennis that he wanted her to be his (next) wife. Not to mention, it makes no sense that the wife would want to put out stories about "the love of her life" getting engaged to another woman.

People first and foremost caters to celebs, because they want to get/keep them as a source. There's no way they would choose the wife's camp over Beth's.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Carole didn't mention Whitney, so I'm not sure what you're saying.

Carole was on WWHL a few weeks ago and said she never heard of the phrase, which like I said existed in retail long before 2002. The phrase also existed long ago used by CPA's during tax season - meaning telling your clients to bring their receipts - which doesn't just mean receipts from purchases, but all the documentation they need from you before they do your taxes such as W2's, bank statements, stock interest, etc

All Carole is saying is that she wasn't familiar with its current more popular use until recently. I didn't even connect the term with taxes or returns. It's not that complicated or proof that Carole is a lying liar. It's all about the evolving ways we use language. When someone online asks for receipts they don't literally want your actual receipts. And the way Carole was using it was in the Whitney context not in the taxes and returns way. Considering how a lot of our culture evolves, receipts used like Whitney used was far more popular in communities of color before it ever flowed to white speakers. It might have taken a solid 15 years to get to someone like Carole.

• Love 21
10 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

All Carole is saying is that she wasn't familiar with its current more popular use until recently. I didn't even connect the term with taxes or returns. It's not that complicated or proof that Carole is a lying liar. It's all about the evolving ways we use language. When someone online asks for receipts they don't literally want your actual receipts. And the way Carole was using it was in the Whitney context not in the taxes and returns way. Considering how a lot of our culture evolves, receipts used like Whitney used was far more popular in communities of color before it ever flowed to white speakers. It might have taken a solid 15 years to get to someone like Carole.

Is this similar to the way Carole claimed ON camera this season to Tinsley that she never heard of the phrase Friends With Benefits? So much so that she had to google it on her phone and read it out loud?

Then a poster on this board showed a link of Carole using the phrase ON camera several season ago?

I don't think I said the bolded anywhere in my posts

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Second her tribute:

I just don't see this being awful and " all about Carole."  Nor Beth's "all about Beth."  Substitute this being about my mother -- I might say she taught me how to sew; I learned  to be kind and welcoming from her, etc.  (Many people did say these kinds of things when she recently died.)  I didn't/don't see it as being all about me or them; it was/is a tribute to Mom.

If Dan Rather spoke glowingly about Walter Cronkite this way, would it be an issue?

• Love 11

I lost both of my parents in the past 5-6 years, there are still “friends” who do not know that. There are also “friends” who do not know I left my home in NJ (and my longtime bf) to move back to the Midwest. I am older, 52, I just don’t see the need for every thought to be published and out for all to see. My real people know my life ....but I am also not famous, so there’s that! 

Signed

“Legend in my Own Mind”

I feel bad for Beth, I think she’ll never be happy and her money won’t make her happy. She would be hard to be friends with, but I feel her. Tragedy can often bring people together, whatever is bothering her and Carole must be bad because short of her actually killing a family member, I can’t imagine not reaching out or at the very least feeling empathy for the person who wronged me. Some people just suck and they can’t help it. We don’t know what happened with her and Carole. If Carole showed up at her side At the funeral, we’d be calling her a famewhore!!!!

• Love 16
42 minutes ago, JD5166 said:

If Carole showed up at her side At the funeral, we’d be calling her a famewhore!!!!

I've been critical of Carole but I would not call her a famewhore. If Carole showed up at her side at the funeral, I'd likely puddle up a bit but I'd also thank God for restoring my faith in human decency.

• Love 4

Little umbrella guy/Jason hoppy doppelgänger - could this be Meghan markles (sp) ex husband?

i either read or saw an interview with Bethenny over the last few days where she said that they had been set up or something to that effect on a blind date. that they skipped the whole dating thing and went straight to being friends and business’s partners?

she made mention that he looked too much like her ex to be anything more. 

6 hours ago, AnnA said:

I've been critical of Carole but I would not call her a famewhore. If Carole showed up at her side at the funeral, I'd likely puddle up a bit but I'd also thank God for restoring my faith in human decency.

By her own admission Carole is not the nurturing type so I will admit to being one of those people that would judge her.

Edited by bagger
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, film noire said:

No, Broccoli (who left a condolence note in the guestbook for Shields) said the opposite - he told Radar that Frankel "dumped" Shields, but Dennis still loved her:

“Sources told Radar that Frankel, 47 allegedly dumped Shields, 51, days before his death. But his friend claimed that didn’t change his feelings for her. "Yes, they were broken up but they spoke every day, all the time,” Broccoli continued. “She would be upset about something and she would call him up. He consoled her. If she needed something, he always provided a solution.”

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/08/rhony-dennis-shields-very-much-in-love-with-bethenny-frankel-romance-revealed/

Given that quote + his condolence note, I think it's likelier that Dennis' family are on the "Broken up/not engaged" bandwagon.

Inconsequential side note: is it wrong to hope that Mr. Broccoli has a paternal grandmother, or perhaps a great aunt, named Hedda? 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 23
6 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

is it wrong to hope that Mr. Broccoli has a paternal grandmother, or perhaps a great aunt, named Hedda? 

LOL -- Duke,  it might be the single perfectly right thing in this whole event ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5

I find it 'interesting' that the Bravo website has made no mention of Dennis dying.  Wonder why?  Now, it's not a big story in entertainment news.  ET has made no mention of it on the show but in Bravo world?  Kind of.  Especially considering 'their headlines' on the site.

• Love 3

Funny how the Bethenny thread can turn into a Carole discussion, just as the Carole thread can turn into a Beth discussion. It's like the two are one discussion. Would there have been anything going on this season without the Beth / Carole feud? I don't think so. Guess they needed each other to be relevent.

• Love 5
On 8/13/2018 at 3:03 PM, nexxie said:

Actually, by including her dog in the picture, and saying MY sweet babies who gave ME endless unconditional love, Bethenny characteristically made the message more about herself than about Dennis.

I honestly don't understand this sentiment.  She posted a pic of her beloved deceased pet and her beloved boyfriend to share with her followers and expressed a sweet sentiment of love.  It's normal to want to look at pics of loved ones who just died and share them.   They loved her and she loved them so why would she have to extricate herself from expressing her gratitude for the love they brought her?  

• Love 24

Bethenny was Sonja's storyline, being a friend to B. She would have been Dorinda's storyline if Dorinda's drunken sloppyness hadn't upstaged her. Bethenny was Ramona's storyline, "She doesn't support women because she doesn't support my made for TV businesses! "Bethenny was for sure Carole's storyline. We know Bethenny can create drama on her own to generate her own storyline. Tinsley had a storyline, little girl big world, and her man.  Lu thought her divorce from Tom and triumphant Caberet were going to be her storyline. 

• Love 1