Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

45 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

Oh my, the stylist let Rachel down at the ESPY awards.  What is going on with these garish rings??!!!

I think Rachel's really into rings. She wears them all the time. I can see her adding them to her look. 

I really loved her dress and thought she looked hot overall. 

• Love 1

I watched every minute of the ESPY's and didn't see Rachel. She was there? Maybe I didn't recognize her if she had her forehead covered and eyelashes toned back. Or maybe I dosed off when she appeared?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I watched every minute of the ESPY's and didn't see Rachel. She was there? Maybe I didn't recognize her if she had her forehead covered and eyelashes toned back. Or maybe I dosed off when she appeared?

She was definitely there. I saw pictures and interviews with her on the red carpet but she was not part of the live show. 

I agree that the stylist let her down.  Why oh why would you ever let somoone wear fuschia shoes to an event on a red carpet?

I love the top half of the dress and the color. The lower half is either ill fitting or illsuited to her figure.  Its just the wrong length on her  and makes her legs look thick rather than strong or shapely. She looks better in everything she has worn on the show  

Here's a link:  http://www.justjared.com/2017/07/12/elizabeth-olsen-rachel-lindsay-lindsey-vonn-go-glam-for-espy-awards-2017/

• Love 4

Yikes. That is not a great look. I agree that the dress doesn't look like it fits right, and those shoes are inexplicable. Unfortunate choice to be worn next to a red carpet, but they also seem like a weird choice with a yellow dress. I feel like the ensemble needed a piece of statement jewelry or something in that sort of colour for the shoes to make any sense at all.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, fib said:

I agree that the stylist let her down.  Why oh why would you ever let somoone wear fuschia shoes to an event on a red carpet?

I love the top half of the dress and the color. The lower half is either ill fitting or illsuited to her figure.  Its just the wrong length on her  and makes her legs look thick rather than strong or shapely. She looks better in everything she has worn on the show  

Here's a link:  http://www.justjared.com/2017/07/12/elizabeth-olsen-rachel-lindsay-lindsey-vonn-go-glam-for-espy-awards-2017/

Oof, that's a bad picture. Not just a bad dress, but a terrible, terrible pose. I thought even non-stars knew the tricks of red carpet style posing these days, God knows I see enough women on Facebook with their legs crossed just so and waists angled to look smaller. 

• Love 1

Good lord, I thought Rachel looked kind of rough on the show, but that yellow dress is just hideous.  If she is choosing her own clothes, she has terrible taste.

• Love 2

I don't really watch any of the video recaps of the Bachelor/ Bachelorette but these two dudes are hilarious and spot on with their observations, especially with regards to the contestants this season from a man's POV. Worth watching it you have serval minutes to kill. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, waving feather said:

I don't really watch any of the video recaps of the Bachelor/ Bachelorette but these two dudes are hilarious and spot on with their observations, especially with regards to the contestants this season from a man's POV. Worth watching it you have serval minutes to kill. 

Love those guys. I discovered their recap show last season and it's even better this season, probably because there's no chance of them being attracted to a contestant and being slightly biased because of that. Like as much as I loved their recaps last season, they were admittedly huge fans of Vanessa's and were slightly biased towards her. The one in the jeans jacket had the biggest crush on her. But this season, everyone is fair game and man do I love their read on Peter. Not surprisingly, they're getting crap for it from some of their followers because for many viewers this season, Peter can do no wrong. 

• Love 1

Rewatched to check the standings... unfortunately it was Ryan Souter who made the city finals.  Better luck next time Ryan Sutter.  He did a great first outing!

• Love 1

I'm not sure where to put this (here or in Bachelor in Paradise) but Chad (meat loving douchebag guy) is on the current season of Celebrity Big Brother UK. I'm just catching up on it via streaming and I'm still on launch night (1st episode) but his entrance video (they call these things a VT) is funny. I wonder he will "play" this and how long before he is nominated and evicted.....This season may actually end up being interesting.

5 hours ago, Vicky8675309 said:

I'm not sure where to put this (here or in Bachelor in Paradise) but Chad (meat loving douchebag guy) is on the current season of Celebrity Big Brother UK. I'm just catching up on it via streaming and I'm still on launch night (1st episode) but his entrance video (they call these things a VT) is funny. I wonder he will "play" this and how long before he is nominated and evicted.....This season may actually end up being interesting.

How did he end up on a UK show? Or do they often include Americans or those from other countries? He's also currently on "Famously Single." That's a good one! 

Spoiler

On the show, he's having a tumultuous "relationship" with Katrina from Dancing with the Stars.

5 hours ago, JenE4 said:

How did he end up on a UK show? Or do they often include Americans or those from other countries? He's also currently on "Famously Single." That's a good one! 

Hide contents

On the show, he's having a tumultuous "relationship" with Katrina from Dancing with the Stars.

Other Americans have been on CBB; I think Dennis Rodman did it, as did Perez Hilton.

• Love 1

Dean was on Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live" last night (as the bartender) and when Andy Cohen said Dean should be the next Bachelor, Dean's response was basically "We'll see..." which, because of the way Dean said it, led Andy to proclaim that Dean must be the next Bachelor.  Which really means nothing, but Dean's response wasn't as much of a "no" (or "not now") as his statement to E! News last month:  "I just don't think I'm ready for it," Dean admitted to E! News. "I just think that from an emotional standpoint I need to figure out a lot more about myself before I dive in and be the lead of anything. I think I have a ways to go before I'm ready for something like that." 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, waving feather said:

No matter what Dean had said, is he going to reject being the Bachelor if they offered him the gig? Absolutely not! 

I agree, and I think the "I don't think I'm ready" spiel is just to save face in case he ends up not getting the gig.

• Love 1
On 02/08/2017 at 0:34 PM, waving feather said:

No matter what Dean had said, is he going to reject being the Bachelor if they offered him the gig? Absolutely not! 

He's too young for my liking. I'd pass on his season.

• Love 1

Ashley I is on Access Hollywood right now repeating all the, "Why did she try so hard to get Peter to propose if Bryan was her person" stuff that's all over the internet.  When has a couple had to go on the defensive this soon out of the box? 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Ashley I is on Access Hollywood right now repeating all the, "Why did she try so hard to get Peter to propose if Bryan was her person" stuff that's all over the internet.  When has a couple had to go on the defensive this soon out of the box? 

Many have - everyone said Des settled for Chris after she was so broken up when Brooks left and essentially told him she loved him. People weren't feeling the warm fuzzies for many couples, either because the Final 1 was the villain like Courtney or the ATFR was awkward, like Brad and Emily. And speaking of awkward AFTR, just last season, look how much crap Nick and Vanessa got because they admitted to the difficulties of the relationship. And even now people still give them crap. Though I imagine they are thrilled that Rachel's season is done because it means a new couple that Bachelor Nation can focus all their attention and negativity on.

• Love 5
On 8/2/2017 at 9:14 AM, Riplet68 said:

Bachelors vs bachelorette son family feud this Sunday 

I caught the episode on Hulu.  OMG!  Both teams were pretty dumb.  Neither team reached 300 so they had to do a face down (or something).  The men won that and then did win the money for their charity.  Obviously IQ is not something the franchise concerns themselves with.

I caught Live with Kelly and Ryan on Tuesday and Ryan seemed to be grossed out by Rachel open mouth kissing the guys.  Ha ha.  I bet watching this show and other shows like it is probably a drawback for Ryan.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 2

Anyone know why Rachel wasnt on Kimmel after the show as announced? There must be some story...

Also, I keep hearing about all the shade Peter threw at Bryan on social media, but i havent seen any of it - is there a compilation of it somewhere?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, fib said:

Anyone know why Rachel wasnt on Kimmel after the show as announced? There must be some story...

Also, I keep hearing about all the shade Peter threw at Bryan on social media, but i havent seen any of it - is there a compilation of it somewhere?

They weren't on Kimmel because it was still taping when the finale started and they had to be at the finale the entire time thanks to the new 'episode mixed with ATFR' format. Usually the final couple has time to film the whole sit-down interview with Kimmel because they don't have to be at ATFR until the final hour. Rachel and Bryan had to be there from the start, so they only had time to pre-tape a quick Kimmel intro earlier in the day.

As for Peter's shade, he just liked a lot of Instagram comments about how he and Rachel were perfect for each other, had a connection unlike anything else, blah blah blah. Then he also liked comments saying that Bryan was fake and not good enough for Rachel and stuff like that. It just seemed very bitter and passive-aggressive. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, dom16 said:

They weren't on Kimmel because it was still taping when the finale started and they had to be at the finale the entire time thanks to the new 'episode mixed with ATFR' format. Usually the final couple has time to film the whole sit-down interview with Kimmel because they don't have to be at ATFR until the final hour. Rachel and Bryan had to be there from the start, so they only had time to pre-tape a quick Kimmel intro earlier in the day.

As for Peter's shade, he just liked a lot of Instagram comments about how he and Rachel were perfect for each other, had a connection unlike anything else, blah blah blah. Then he also liked comments saying that Bryan was fake and not good enough for Rachel and stuff like that. It just seemed very bitter and passive-aggressive. 

Thanks for the explanation about Kimmel. I was wondering about that too and that does make a lot of sense with the whole live thing and Rachel having to sit and watch the whole episode with Chris Harrison and the audience. Pity, because I usually enjoy Kimmel's interviews with the couple. 

As for Peter's shade throughout the season, yeah that about summed it up. It was a lot liking comments that essentially called him amazing and Bryan insincere and not good enough for Rachel. 

eta: Being that this is the media thread, I have watched a number of Bryan and Rachel's interviews because I've always said that's when you truly get a sense of the couple and their dynamic, since there is no more edited storyboards, etc. And honestly, I think they seem really happy. That said, for all the crap that's been said about Bryan, looking at them together, I think Rachel has a better chance of breaking his heart than the alternative. Unless dude is that great of an actor, he really, really seems in love with her and Rachel herself talks about how he just completely adores her. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, thehepburn said:

Rachel still salty AF about living a mediocre life. She just cant let it go. LOL.

I still remain a bit surprised that she's not taking the high road at all, @thehepburn. In some ways, her getting out the news cycle in the next week or so may go a long way towards letting the folks tired of her clapping back over Bryan while also running down Peter as if she was a victim some time to regain a spot of good will towards her again.

Anywho, I remain curious how the Dr Abs and Mrs Dr Abs collection will sell. I saw a tweet last night that their first Instagram post as a couple was a sponsored hawking of iced coffee, so that was... something. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

I still remain a bit surprised that she's not taking the high road at all, @thehepburn. In some ways, her getting out the news cycle in the next week or so may go a long way towards letting the folks tired of her clapping back over Bryan while also running down Peter as if she was a victim some time to regain a spot of good will towards her again.

Anywho, I remain curious how the Dr Abs and Mrs Dr Abs collection will sell. I saw a tweet last night that their first Instagram post as a couple was a sponsored hawking of iced coffee, so that was... something. 

Obviously, that comment hit too close judging by the heatedness of her reaction, time and time again. Some people will believe whatever spin she wants to put out but most have noticed that her actions give lie to her words. I think that if she shows that she is truly focussed on her future with Drabs, this will all pass over much quicker. For all that Rachel is a 32 yr old lawyer, she is way too immature. And yes, trying to play the victim when you are the star of the show and the one in control is not a good look.

Anyway, I heard on a producer's podcast that Rachel got her CA license so she is way on her way to her famewhoring career in LA. I hope Drabs can keep up so he wont be left behind.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, thehepburn said:

Drabs

THIS IS EVERYTHING.  

18 minutes ago, thehepburn said:

For all that Rachel is a 32 yr old lawyer, she is way too immature

Agree.  But I think Bryan is a good fit here. He also seems immature for a 37 yo.  Never having a serious relationship? Seeming like the good guy while mommy scares away your girlfriends? Falling in live superfast? These are not the attributes of a grown up. 

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, fib said:

THIS IS EVERYTHING.  

Agree.  But I think Bryan is a good fit here. He also seems immature for a 37 yo.  Never having a serious relationship? Seeming like the good guy while mommy scares away your girlfriends? Falling in live superfast? These are not the attributes of a grown up. 

That "chemistry bum" (I may be paraphrasing here) sure has a way with words, doesn't he? ;-)

• Love 1

I'm sure she's a wonderful person, but reality TV can make even the most respected, nice person look like shit. No one is ever always on their A game, yet cameras are around these people all the time and picking up everything. Then, the magical producers edit and cut to make even the most normal interactions look worse than it really was. It sucks, but I guess that's why we would rather snark than be in front of the camera. I'm sure this is a price to pay for wanting a few months of fame, but these are real people, and especially now with social media it is brutal. I would never want to wish any of this on my worst enemy.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, thehepburn said:

Drabs

I know @fib already said it but it bears repeating--THIS IS EVERYTHING!

5 hours ago, Stinamaia said:

One of her law school professor specifically praises her maturity, which made me smile considering the things said about her here.  She seems to be well respected in her professional community

Sure but professional respect and emotional maturity, especially when it comes to romantic relationships, don't always go hand-in hand.  Heck, even when it comes to being mature/immature in relationships, people can be both.  They may be mature while starting new relationships but off kilter while ending one.  Rachel's in both situations simultaneously. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, thehepburn said:

That "chemistry bum" (I may be paraphrasing here) sure has a way with words, doesn't he? ;-)

I really wish I had kept track of all of the ridiculous things that came out of his mouth. The proportion of time with awful things coming out of his mouth to total screentime was like 75%.  

3 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

Rejected Again? Why BacheloretteRunner-Up Peter Kraus as The Bachelor Is 'Never Gonna Happen'

Twitter is having a field day responding to his tweet, so mileage varies. 

Which was exactly his purpose for putting it out. Like I said, in the Bachelor thread where this was first posted, I don't buy this for a second. This is just Fleiss's way of getting buzz and press for his franchise because he knows the Peter cult will come out in droves of sheer outrage at the possibility of his not being made the next lead. Spare me, Peter will be the next Bachelor. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

Well Reality Steve is claiming Peter said no to being the Bachelor, and Fleiss is just trying to change the narrative around, so who knows. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. If he's smart, he's figured out that he can only go down in people's eyes from here by doing the show. Whereas right now, he still has tons of fans and they'll love him even more if he "stays true to himself" (Whether sincere or not, he can claim he's sticking to his values and realized he'd never be ready to propose in the type of atmosphere found in the Bachelor.) And no, I'm not some cult super-fan of Peter's. I just never thought he was some horrible, manipulative schemer, either.

• Love 17
50 minutes ago, laugard said:

Well Reality Steve is claiming Peter said no to being the Bachelor, and Fleiss is just trying to change the narrative around, so who knows. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. If he's smart, he's figured out that he can only go down in people's eyes from here by doing the show. Whereas right now, he still has tons of fans and they'll love him even more if he "stays true to himself" (Whether sincere or not, he can claim he's sticking to his values and realized he'd never be ready to propose in the type of atmosphere found in the Bachelor.) And no, I'm not some cult super-fan of Peter's. I just never thought he was some horrible, manipulative schemer, either.

I just saw Reality Steve's tweets on the situation just now regarding the EPs leaking to People to look like they weren't turned down by Peter.

I cannot blame Peter for saying no, esp with some actively rooting against him if he was to be the next Bachelor loudly on social media. Peter has his fans, life seems to be treating him well with his gym business he owns, and he likely doesn't want to go through the process again. It is just weird to me how folks related to the show get petty towards him when he doesn't give them they want from him.

1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

I don't think I am in a cult because I like Peter. 

Preach. It's unnecessarily insulting and overgeneralizing since fans are not a monolith. 

• Love 14