Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Which was exactly his purpose for putting it out. Like I said, in the Bachelor thread where this was first posted, I don't buy this for a second. This is just Fleiss's way of getting buzz and press for his franchise because he knows the Peter cult will come out in droves of sheer outrage at the possibility of his not being made the next lead. Spare me, Peter will be the next Bachelor. 

I agree. More buzz, more press, keep the story alive.

Peter responded on twitter to Mike Fleiss tweet.

Personally, I don't think Peter needs additional buzz/hype. He would already go in to being the next  Bachelor with tons of buzz, in some ways eclipsing the Bryan/Rachel [social media] buzz. Anywho, I'm not going to really read in to it or malign him just because or from projection. Guess we'll see what the real deal is when the announcement for The Bachelor is made.  

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I don't think I am in a cult because I like Peter. 

You are not in a cult. There's nothing to think about. Cult is just a nasty malapropism being used because 'Peter couldn't possibly have anyone who likes him for him.'

• Love 10

I like Peter and respect him for not caving in and proposing to a woman when he isn't ready.

In other news, Chad is doing very well on Celebrity Big Brother UK (so far). I didn't use to like Chad but he seems like a very nice guy with a dry sense of humor.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

I don't care who the lead is. I'd watch anyone. I'm here for the Wrong Reasons contestants. And if there's a Love Journey along the way, okay, that's nice, too. 

Same for me, though I did refuse to watch the last Bachelor season.  There's not enough alcohol or tolerance on this planet that would have allowed me to voluntarily watch, even for the chance to see the "ladies" that are now inhabiting BIP4.  

On 17/08/2017 at 4:56 PM, laugard said:

Well Reality Steve is claiming Peter said no to being the Bachelor, and Fleiss is just trying to change the narrative around, so who knows. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. If he's smart, he's figured out that he can only go down in people's eyes from here by doing the show. Whereas right now, he still has tons of fans and they'll love him even more if he "stays true to himself" (Whether sincere or not, he can claim he's sticking to his values and realized he'd never be ready to propose in the type of atmosphere found in the Bachelor.) And no, I'm not some cult super-fan of Peter's. I just never thought he was some horrible, manipulative schemer, either.

RS changes his narrative many to times.

1 hour ago, Hello Lady said:

RS changes his narrative many to times.

He hasn't really changed his narrative about this though. All along he's said that Peter is the #1 contender, that the show really wants him, and the only way it won't be him is if he turns it down himself. Peter turning it down makes a whole lot more sense than the show acting like they don't want their beloved runner-up, whom they essentially dedicated their entire finale to, and instead are going to go with Dean, whom they put on Paradise, or someone from JoJo's season. They so badly did not want someone from JoJo's season last year that they had to resort to asking Nick freaking Viall! Peter was probably smart enough to recognize that it's better to be the adored runner-up than the fallen-from-grace lead.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, dom16 said:

He hasn't really changed his narrative about this though. All along he's said that Peter is the #1 contender, that the show really wants him, and the only way it won't be him is if he turns it down himself. Peter turning it down makes a whole lot more sense than the show acting like they don't want their beloved runner-up, whom they essentially dedicated their entire finale to, and instead are going to go with Dean, whom they put on Paradise, or someone from JoJo's season. They so badly did not want someone from JoJo's season last year that they had to resort to asking Nick freaking Viall! Peter was probably smart enough to recognize that it's better to be the adored runner-up than the fallen-from-grace lead.

I don't think they want someone that can't commit, especially after that idiot Juan Pablo. They love Ben Higgins btw...( for another try) 

13 minutes ago, dom16 said:

Peter turning it down makes a whole lot more sense than the show acting like they don't want their beloved runner-up, whom they essentially dedicated their entire finale to, and instead are going to go with Dean, whom they put on Paradise, or someone from JoJo's season.

So agree. Peter's iffiness about getting engaged is not a liability; it's a ready-made storyline they can milk all season. He's their only plausible candidate, in fact. Now they're down to Dean, who's about to be shown playing 2 girls on Paradise, and--who, exactly? Beta-male Wells?

I don't buy that Fleiss is pre-burning Peter to build buzz (sorry, @truthaboutluv). Most of the viewing audience has no idea what happens on twitter (or who RS is); those who do, are already as passionate about Peter as they can be. This 'strategy' has no real upside.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Hello Lady said:

I don't think they want someone that can't commit, especially after that idiot Juan Pablo. They love Ben Higgins btw...( for another try) 

Whether the guy commits to marriage or not at the end doesn't matter to the producers. They want a show that lots of viewers will tune in to watch. Peter would have been a great Bachelor because the public (for the most part) seem to love him and there would be mystery because the audience would be kept wonder if he will propose this time.  I personally loved his directness and would be curious to see how he handled 25-30 women. Wells is cute and that is all I can say about him.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, comosedice said:

Whether the guy commits to marriage or not at the end doesn't matter to the producers. They want a show that lots of viewers will tune in to watch. Peter would have been a great Bachelor because the public (for the most part) seem to love him and there would be mystery because the audience would be kept wonder if he will propose this time.  I personally loved his directness and would be curious to see how he handled 25-30 women. Wells is cute and that is all I can say about him.

I thought Peter was good looking, but that cry baby scrunched up pouty face, nah, not my taste.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, comosedice said:

I totally agree with you. Peter would be a fantastic bachelor for the franchise because of all the controversy. They could replay Peter and Rachel is crying in the last episode just to get started.  While plenty of people would say "I won't watch, more people will say I have got to watch.  Also, I think that  lots of people would be hate watching. They'll be bets in Vegas and elsewhere that betting is legal whether or not he will propose. I don't think he would, but given all of the girls he would be  picking from he just might just find somebody that he really liked him and because he is the lead, he can give his best candidate all the time and attention allowed by the franchise. I don't think he would really propose marriage but he might be able to see propose to date.  If people knew that he was going to be the bachelor, a lot of great women who might not go on the show could show up to apply.  But that's my fantasy, I  don't think it's gonna happen. But the producers would die to get this kind of interest in such and old show.  

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Hello Lady said:

I wonder if they'd consider the good looking bartender on BIP, Wills?

Yeah, he is so good-looking that we can't remember his name. Which would be Wells.

Anyway, it doesn't matter who they pick. Bachelor is gonna bach. And ho. And douche it up.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, wonald said:

Yeah, he is so good-looking that we can't remember his name. Which would be Wells.

Anyway, it doesn't matter who they pick. Bachelor is gonna bach. And ho. And douche it up.

I like my eye candy, besides Wells, Wills, same diff. He's in the running, BIP is just a little audition. LOL,

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 5:31 AM, Lamb18 said:

If Dean was Bachelor, can you imagine his final 2 meeting his dad? I can't imagine Dean's dad at some resort hanging around to meet a couple of potential wives.

I'm sure the powers that be have been salivating over that scenario. Dean seems the type to play along with the script at least to a point.  It all comes down to if he is hated by the time BIP is over or (gasp) if he found love on BIP which in general has become a pretty boring place (at least so far).

On 8/26/2017 at 0:26 AM, Ohwell said:

I think Eric is too serious and if he were the Bachelor, he would find a way to make it all about himself and his "struggles."

I can't stand the way Eric talks so I doubt I can take a whole season of him.

• Love 1

RS interviewed Des for his Podcast. Not to sound mean, but she sounded so....boring. I felt like he was pulling answers out of her. 
She said we did not get to see her romance with Chris, and how quirky he is.
Part 2 starts with Brooks! That I cannot wait to hear.

I picked up a local shopper paper at the grocery this week. A biker bar has a full-page ad listing its entertainment. In October, The Bachelorette's Josh Seiter is appearing. There's a photo, but of course I don't recognize him or his name, so I looked him up. He's a Chicago lawyer (although he hasn't taken the bar) and exotic dancer (read: stripper) who was on the first episode of the Kaitlyn/Britt season. He was told by producers to do a strip for the ladies, and to say his ego would be hurt if he didn't get a rose. So he did, and he was sent home the first night. Since then he's been stopped by ABC from speaking to media since in a TMZ interview he said the show is totally scripted and fake. He also said he went on to promote his career, not to find a wife. Ha ha! Imagine that! Anyway, a VIP ticket for a front-row seat and meet-and-greet afterward is $25. At least he is able to advertise himself as a B-ette contestant, so there's that. There's life after The Bachelorette!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Koalagirl said:

Article  in today's New York Post has Rachel saying she lets Bryan style her because he has better taste.  Sure, I'd let a guy who wears taxi yellow shoes (see photo) pick out my clothes for me!

http://nypost.com/2017/09/13/bachelorette-rachel-lindsay-lets-fiance-brian-dress-her/

The shoes were special editions by Badgley Mischka, the designers' show they were at. It was supposed to stand out. 

• Love 4
On 9/14/2017 at 11:55 AM, truthaboutluv said:

The shoes were special editions by Badgley Mischka, the designers' show they were at. It was supposed to stand out. 

Regardless, I personally think they're hideous.  I generally love Badgley Mischka but this was a definite "no"  for me.

• Love 1

I'm with you on that one koalagirl. I don't care who designed them or why he wore them. Those things were hideous. Especially with that suit. But then, I really don't get fashion. I'd rather wear things that look nice than things that cost thousands because they have someone's name on them. And this is exactly why I've never been invited to Fashion Week. lol

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Rachel's togs in those two photos? A big meh.

Exactly.  I'll probably get a cyber beatdown over this, but I'm going to say it anyway...it sounds to me like a woman with a controlling boyfriend who tells her what to wear but spins it as "I let him style me".

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

And Rachel's togs in those two photos? A big meh.

I hated the outfit for the Blondes Show though I got it. I thought it was obvious based on her various looks that they dressed to fit the style and theme of each show they were attending. The Blondes is all bold, loud, yes even a little tacky, so I got why Rachel went for that Jackie Brown/Diva inspired look. I actually thought she looked gorgeous for Badgley Mischka. I loved the dress and her hair and makeup had a nice softness to it. She was definitely giving more elegance with that show.

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'll probably get a cyber beatdown over this, but I'm going to say it anyway...it sounds to me like a woman with a controlling boyfriend who tells her what to wear but spins it as "I let him style me".

No cyber beat down but I do think it's reading way too much in what I thought was clearly a joke, YMMV. She even says she's the better dresser. You can never really tell what goes on behind close doors but I see no indication of anyone controlling Rachel. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I hated the outfit for the Blondes Show though I got it. I thought it was obvious based on her various looks that they dressed to fit the style and theme of each show they were attending. The Blondes is all bold, loud, yes even a little tacky, so I got why Rachel went for that Jackie Brown/Diva inspired look. I actually thought she looked gorgeous for Badgley Mischka. I loved the dress and her hair and makeup had a nice softness to it. She was definitely giving more elegance with that show.

I have to second that. I thought she looked absolutely amazing in the outfit she wore for Badgley Mischka.  

2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

No cyber beat down but I do think it's reading way too much in what I thought was clearly a joke, YMMV. She even says she's the better dresser. You can never really tell what goes on behind close doors but I see no indication of anyone controlling Rachel.

Yeah...I thought she was saying it jokingly too.  I really can't picture anyone controlling Rachel either. Maybe she thinks he has a good eye for fashion and likes his input.  It didn't seem like a big deal. 

14 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Wendy Williams interview with Rachel and Bryan, Wendy really drills them

I saw that video and I thought Wendy Williams was pretty rude and out of line throughout the entire interview. If she was trying to make Rachel look bad, it completely backfired,  though because Rachel handled herself like a pro and seemed completely unfazed by all of the shade that Wendy was trying to throw her way.  I wouldn't be surprised if Rachel picked up a a lot new fans after that interview. She also looked amazing. I have to say, I was never a huge fan of Bryan (was rooting for Peter), but they really do seem very happy together and well-matched. It's just too bad that the producers didn't air the scenes that really showed their connection.  I really don't believe Bryan was her second choice or her backup. I think he was her first choice.  I  believe her when she said that she was going to break up with Peter that night.  That entire scene went on forever, because Peter didn't want to let go, which made the good bye so much harder.....and she seems to have problems saying goodbye. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, FrancesL said:

I saw that video and I thought Wendy Williams was pretty rude and out of line throughout the entire interview. If she was trying to make Rachel look bad, it completely backfired,

She wasn't trying to make Rachel look bad, it's just how Wendy is. It's pretty much her shtick. She asks rude and inappropriate questions, never does proper research on her guests, gets basic facts wrong, etc. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

She wasn't trying to make Rachel look bad, it's just how Wendy is. It's pretty much her shtick. She asks rude and inappropriate questions, never does proper research on her guests, gets basic facts wrong, etc. 

I'm accustomed to Wendy's inappropriate questions and lack of preparation, but she seemed a lot more catty and judgmental than usual. I don't think that's how she usually treats her guests. 

13 hours ago, FrancesL said:

I'm accustomed to Wendy's inappropriate questions and lack of preparation, but she seemed a lot more catty and judgmental than usual. I don't think that's how she usually treats her guests. 

YMMV but I really don't think she was any worse than she usually is. Yes, she's nicer to some guests, usually the big name celebrities who she actually likes. But even then she can't help asking inappropriate questions. A few days after this interview, Wendy had Karreuche Tran on, Chris Brown's ex and asked the girl bluntly, "were you abused". That's just who she is - messy, inappropriate, unprofessional, etc. And the fact is, she was upfront that she doesn't watch the show and doesn't really care for it or get it.

Wendy's attitude was mostly skepticism regarding this actually working and frankly, she's not in the minority on that. And she's been consistent in her feelings about it back when Rachel was first announced as the next Bachelorette. She talked about it on her show and said that yes, great for diversity but she didn't get why this beautiful, accomplished woman needed this ridiculous show to find a husband. And again, I like Rachel and Bryan together but I can't say Wendy's sentiments aren't shared by many people. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
4 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

why this beautiful, accomplished woman needed this ridiculous show to find a husband

She doesn't.  She does however, need it to springboard into sports agent work/sports broadcasting/talk show hosting. 

It's a tough gig to get into, but Rachel is savvy, and is making connections left and right she can use to her benefit. 

Just now, fib said:

She doesn't.  She does however, need it to springboard into sports agent work/sports broadcasting/talk show hosting. 

It's a tough gig to get into, but Rachel is savvy, and is making connections left and right she can use to her benefit. 

Exactly, which is why Wendy is skeptical.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, FrancesL said:

Wendy didn't know a thing about either of them or what happened on the show.  She doesn't do research except on the most ratchet shows.  She doesn't seem to retain much that her team tells her or they are just incompetent.  I'm betting that it's mostly Wendy's fault.  With all the trouble in her life no wonder she isn't always there.  Her lack of preparation is why I rarely stay for her interviews.

I think Wendy missed an opportunity by not watching the bachelorette this year. She and her audience could've had some fun with the fact that different people saw different things. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, fib said:

6 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Exactly, which is why her desperation to get a proposal, any proposal, makes no sense. 

It's been a popular belief throughout this seasons bachelorette that Rachel was so beautiful and accomplished that she couldn't possibly need this stupid show to find a husband. Well most accomplised women who didn't get married before their accomplishments would beg to differ. To quote from the book jacket from "Creating a life, professional women and the quest for children" by Sylvia Ann Hewlett-Packard - "almost half of all professional women are childless by age 40. The more woman succeeds in her career, the less likely it is that she will have a partner or a baby. For men the opposite is true: the more successful man is professionally, the more likely it is that he will be married with children."   This problem is even more intense in the African-American community as so many women are so much more accomplished, successful, and educated than their cohort men.   Just a fact, no shade.

Another quote from the book,  "High-achieving women, 2001" "tells us that only 40% of younger, high achieving women have children, and this figure falls 34% among young African American women. The difficulties young white women face on the work/family front, seem to be more severe for young, black women."   The last quote is highly relevant because most women would prefer to start out with a child within a marriage. And if you're a high-achiever, the idea that you're going to be a single mom and stay a high achiever and continue on your road to  even higher achievement all by yourself with a child is daunting.  Some choose single motherhood after 40. In vitro, adoption, foster children, all are probably the only choices you have after 40.

So yes,  Rachel does want to get a husband soon and that's why she yelped yes he actually screamed and yelled to get a ring and ring is not a marriage is just a possibility and that why she acted the fool,  "Give it to me!" Or something similar.  Of course she also wants a career boost to sportscaster.   I'm not sure if she's going to get either one. The way she behaved at the final Rose with Peter was not a winning ending to her story and there aren't that many spots for black women sports casters she might have missed the boat.   I hope it works out with her fiancé and she gets married and has children and continuing to be a successful lawyer is not the worst thing that could happen to her. Btw, the best fertility years are in our 20's.  Nature is cruel.

A lot of men just don't want someone as smart as them and God for bid someone smarter than them. They don't need intellect in their companionship in a relationship. And a lot of smart and accomplished women actually want a partner that they can talk with about your professional life and their interests and many average man just aren't there.   So Rachel didn't just want to get married but like most would prefer a candidate that was somewhere on her level. And even in this competition there  didn't seem to me be many black men that were really interested in her rather than interested in being on the show. 

Edited by Kira53
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kira53 said:

The more woman succeeds in her career, the less likely it is that she will have a partner or a baby. For men the opposite is true: the more successful man is professionally, the more likely it is that he will be married with children.

I was recently looking into the wage gap and single men and single women start out pretty equal.  But when they start getting married and having children, men start getting rewarded professionally and financially in ways women aren't and the gap starts to grow.  So part of it is that a lot of men might be uncomfortable with women smarter/more accomplished/earn more than they do but on the flip side, it's also harder for women who do find partners to have their full potential recognized by employers if they go the marriage/children route.

After The Bachelor, did Rachel need to go this route?  Probably not.  But she probably thought she'd either find love, get a professional boost or possibly both if she did it. 

I am surprised she's not doing DWTS.  I thought she sounded interested in it.  I know bachelors have done it in the past.  Have bachelorettes?

Edited by Irlandesa
16 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I am surprised she's not doing DWTS.  I thought she sounded interested in it.  I know bachelors have done it in the past.  Have bachelorettes?

Trista has, on the very first season. She was the first one eliminated - there wasn't much cross-viewership back then.

• Love 1

I didn't even realize that she was interested in doing sports broadcasting or being a sports agent. I had pictured her possibly wanting to be la legal analyst on a news network, but now that you mention it, the sports makes more sense. It would also explain why so many of her group dates revolved around sports.  I know a lot of beautiful professional black women who are unmarried and in their 30s or 40s so if Rachel went on the show to find a husband, it wouldn't be entirely implausible.  Anyway, after watching her on TV with Wendy and also on the bachelor/bachelorette, I don't think she'll have a problem getting a job in he media, and if anything, the Wendy interview helped her. During both The Bachelor/bachelorette series, she seemed a lot more relaxed and natural in front of the camera than the typical contestant,  and she definitely had a way of putting others at ease (DeMario excluded) so it seems like a good fit. 

Edited by FrancesL
Fixed error in quoted text