Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

Why do articles about Bachelor people always use last names when we know them by their first names?  I find it confusing!  I also wish they would bring Tia and Bekah on the show for interviews because this little feud is better than anything so far this year.  It's so like Bekah to bring up, "followers,"  I bet that number is what she lives for.

• Love 4
(edited)
18 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

It's so like Bekah to bring up, "followers," 

It was Tia who brought up the followers, saying that's what matters to Beckah (which IMO it is!).

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Ooh! That’s actually a really good theory that is so obvious I’m amazed that none of us thought of it: Tia and Colton (and producers?) set the whole thing up for Tia and Colton to get engaged in Paradise. The only problem is, I thought he had already dumped Tia for Aly Raisman, then dumped Aly to go on this show?

I keep seeing this stuff about Colton dumping Aly to come on the show and after the fling with Tia and that doesn't seem accurate to me based on the timeline that I remember reading about Aly and Colton. Not that I cared much about them but I just remember the entertainment shows talking about it, because he made this whole elaborate show of publicly asking her out on social media.

So I checked and sure enough, I think there is some confusion over the Aly and Colton situation. Colton asked Aly out in summer, 2016 and they started dating, making their red carpet debut later that year at some sports awards event. The relationship ended in August, 2017. So there is no way this happened before his whatever with Tia and his applying to be on the show. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5

How are these people not embarrassed that this is how they choose to spend their time and energy? It has nothing to do with either of them. But since both their "stars" are fading I guess they have to get their names back out there somehow. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

It was Tia who brought up the followers, saying that's what matters to Beckah (which IMO it is!).

It was Bekah who first brought up followers, saying Tia and Colton were trying to gain some, then Raven - not Tia - responded by accusing Bekah of trying to do the same. I don't usually sympathize with anyone who engages in social media feuds, but I think Raven has a slight edge here because she's trying to defend her friend, whereas Bekah inserted herself into a situation that has nothing to do with her purely for attention (and yes, followers). 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I keep seeing this stuff about Colton dumping Aly to come on the show and after the fling with Tia and that doesn't seem accurate to me based on the timeline that I remember reading about Aly and Colton. Not that I cared much about them but I just remember the entertainment shows talking about it, because he made this whole elaborate show of publicly asking her out on social media.

So I checked and sure enough, I think there is some confusion over the Aly and Colton situation. Colton asked Aly out in summer, 2016 and they started dating later that year, making their red carpet debut later that year at some sports awards event. The relationship ended in August, 2017. So there is no way this happened before his whatever with Tia and his applying to be on the show. 

See, this is why you are Truthaboutluv! Thanks for setting us straight on Colton’s journey. I just was repeating what I read here. Ok, then Bekah’s accusation does seem plausible. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

See, this is why you are Truthaboutluv! Thanks for setting us straight on Colton’s journey. I just was repeating what I read here. Ok, then Bekah’s accusation does seem plausible. 

lol, you're welcome. Yeah like I said, the main reason it stood out in my mind is because a lot of the entertainment shows were all over the whole thing when he publicly asked her out and then they confirmed that they were dating. This was especially because it came on the heels of the Rio Olympics, where Aly won the silver in Gymnastics and so she was making all the media rounds. 

• Love 2

No probs, ByTor!  It's all doggone confusing and why we need Truthaboutluv and other alert commentators to keep us straight.  For some reason I would much rather use my tiny brain to  try to make sense of Bachelor Nation than any of the latest news about Korea- Russia- FBI-emails- border-walls-Metoo- or the Canadian-Wisconsin cheese war.

• Love 8
On 2018-06-16 at 7:27 AM, JenE4 said:

Ooh! That’s actually a really good theory that is so obvious I’m amazed that none of us thought of it: Tia and Colton (and producers?) set the whole thing up for Tia and Colton to get engaged in Paradise. The only problem is, I thought he had already dumped Tia for Aly Raisman, then dumped Aly to go on this show?   But I guess when you’re Wrong Reasons, you’ll do anything for a bit of notoriety.

On 2018-06-16 at 11:15 AM, chocolatine said:

It was Bekah who first brought up followers, saying Tia and Colton were trying to gain some, then Raven - not Tia - responded by accusing Bekah of trying to do the same. I don't usually sympathize with anyone who engages in social media feuds, but I think Raven has a slight edge here because she's trying to defend her friend, whereas Bekah inserted herself into a situation that has nothing to do with her purely for attention (and yes, followers). 

From the little I read on the entertainment websites (People & US), it looks to me as if the three of them are trying to assert their brand, especially Raven. One article referred to her as the Grey Suede owner, and since that will only have meaning to anyone that actually follows her, I suspect this is a marketing decision on her part. Probably casual friends with Bekka too, and roped her in to create a fake feud. I actually don't mind Bekka (Bekah?) but I feel the other two are white trash, not entertaining at all but highly annoying. And equally fake.

• Love 1
(edited)

I finally read the whole thing since it kept popping up on my feed, despite my trying really hard to ignore it since I care not a whit about anyone involved in this so called drama. My conclusion is that Raven is annoying as fuck and was doing the absolute most, wanting this to become a story and make herself relevant, since she's not. I don't doubt that Bekah is a famewhore too because as I've always said, even the seemingly most sensible and sweetest contestants have some level of famewhore in them, because you'd have to be to go on this trainwreck show in the first place. 

That said, I didn't think there was anything wrong with Bekah's tweet, not least of all because she's NOT wrong in her opinion of Tia and Colton, in my opinion. Putting aside that Raven was in no way addressed, so she chose to insert herself in a comment that had nothing to do with her but then she's the one who kept doing the most as far as I'm concerned, with her never ending tweets. I won't lie, I laughed at Bekah's comment about the whole thing reminding her of the high school twitter beefs she used to engage in, and adding the crack about her age, in stating that that was only five or six years ago. 

Because honestly, Raven was acting like some childish high school girl. Bekah's comment in no way required that level of over the top reaction. And my understanding is that if her goal was to get people to agree with her, the opposite happened as she later proceeded to block a number of followers who were dragging her and Tia mercilessly. Bekah may be attention seeking and childish but Raven is just as bad, if not worse and incredibly annoying as fuck to boot. YMMV. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

Bekah may be attention seeking and childish but Raven is just as bad, if not worse and incredibly annoying as fuck to boot. YMMV. 

I get the impression Bekah is "in on the joke" as it where. She knows she's a fame whore, she knows we know she's a fame whore, she's just doing her thing. Raven OTOH seems to be trying to pretend she's sincere and being a good friend by defending Tia when she's just trying to stay relevant and get more followers just like Bekah is. I tend to prefer the ones who are honest about their famewhorishness. 

• Love 13
7 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Bekah may be attention seeking and childish but Raven is just as bad

I can't argue with this!

6 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I tend to prefer the ones who are honest about their famewhorishness. 

Even if I don't like someone's personality traits, I can at least say I'll respect them a hell of a lot more if they're honest about who they are.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

My conclusion is that Raven is annoying as fuck and was doing the absolute most, wanting this to become a story and make herself relevant, since she's not. I

Seriously.  She’s the one who was dragging on Colton, acting like she had the inside scoop but spilling no beans, what 2 weeks ago? yup. Raven wants to be important.

• Love 2
On 6/15/2018 at 1:57 PM, JudyObscure said:

I'm beginning to think the "vetting," consists of having them take off their shirts and tense their abs.  I always think it's odd when they have a scene like the one where they were dressing in tuxedos  and all the men were ripped.  That may be a normal look for the models and pro-athletes, but software engineers and salesmen don't usually look like that, do they? 

Race car drivers and real estate agents don't either (Arie).

On 6/15/2018 at 7:35 PM, saber5055 said:

I think it's safe to say that retired race-car drivers don't look like that either.

I guess Saber5055 beat me to it!

• Love 3
On 6/16/2018 at 6:27 AM, JenE4 said:

Tia and Colton (and producers?) set the whole thing up for Tia and Colton to get engaged in Paradise.

I'm reading this thread backwards and didn't look at the twitter links, but it came to me that the Tia/Colton thing is being pushed by TPTB to create drahmah since neither one has much to say about it, and Becca does voice overs (recorded whenever) about how stressed she is about it and how she "doesn't know" what to do. I can totally see T/C going on BIP and getting engaged, thereby giving more cred to this franchise.

Yeah, that's the ticket. It's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Strangely, I still kind of like Bekah.  I think in a year or so, she'd be a hilarious Bachelorette.  The hippy dippy, granola eating, pot smoking free spirit.  They've never had one of those.  And since we know most of what happens is scripted, rehearsed or downright faked, what does it matter?   

She'd be 24 at next year's filming.  And the guys they'd attract cast would probably be epic.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

Strangely, I still kind of like Bekah.  I think in a year or so, she'd be a hilarious Bachelorette.  The hippy dippy, granola eating, pot smoking free spirit.  They've never had one of those.  And since we know most of what happens is scripted, rehearsed or downright faked, what does it matter?   

She'd be 24 at next year's filming.  And the guys they'd attract cast would probably be epic.  

You are right.  She might actually be worth watching.  Which is more than you can say for the past few seasons of or/ette

• Love 3

I'm already saddled with a "Becca," so I don't want to see a "Bekah" (I hate those names.  Is "Rebecca" considered old-fashioned now, so they shorten it?).  I especially hate those big ass hoop earrings she likes to wear. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

40 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

You are right.  She might actually be worth watching.  Which is more than you can say for the past few seasons of or/ette

I would like to see that only IF she got over herself a lot.  I think the producers would have a tough time finding guys only because they wouldn't be they same guys as they are used to finding.  It is basically the same handsome/pretty type of people all. the. time (not counting Juan Pablo and the opera singer).  They do really need to diversify in all ways so Bekah would be a good start.  

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 1
On 6/15/2018 at 1:20 PM, chocolatine said:

That's such a bullshit excuse. I'm sure a simple Google search would have uncovered it.

Happened at my job.  A simple google search revealed the scumbags domestic violence record, but the geniuses in HR missed it.  He was allowed to threaten and harass us for almost a full year.  

Fuck HR.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/19/2018 at 6:04 AM, Mu Shu said:

Happened at my job.  A simple google search revealed the scumbags domestic violence record, but the geniuses in HR missed it.  He was allowed to threaten and harass us for almost a full year.  

Fuck HR.

That's is scary!  hey would've been in huge trouble if something would've happened to one of you at his hand. 

It's interesting that he was an abuser at home and work.  Most domestic abusers are just that, domestic abusers, they keep their shit together at work beautifully but at home, watch out

I used to get so incensed hearing "how nice" an ex-boyfriend was while knowing how it probably would go down in the car or at home. It was verbal abuse not physical abuse and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.  It was 15 years ago and I still Google his name periodically- only to see if he ever got arrested. 

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 11
On 6/18/2018 at 6:08 PM, Ohwell said:

I'm already saddled with a "Becca," so I don't want to see a "Bekah" (I hate those names.  Is "Rebecca" considered old-fashioned now, so they shorten it?).  I especially hate those big ass hoop earrings she likes to wear. 

I think she wears those earrings to make her look feminine.  She looks way too much like a young boy.  Nothing feminine about her.  

• Love 2

Something tells me Ashley and jared will split in a year or 2. They seem to have a really cute love story but for some reason , I'm just not buying jared having this rush of feelings for her after a couple years of disgust . But who knows . 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Something tells me Ashley and jared will split in a year or 2. They seem to have a really cute love story but for some reason , I'm just not buying jared having this rush of feelings for her after a couple years of disgust . But who knows . 

I don't even see a cute love story. I see a guy who missed having his little stalker around when she went and found someone else. I have no use for them or their rom com idea of a love story.

I give their relationship as long as their social media followers last.

• Love 11
On 6/28/2018 at 8:48 AM, Mabinogia said:

I don't even see a cute love story. I see a guy who missed having his little stalker around when she went and found someone else. I have no use for them or their rom com idea of a love story.

I give their relationship as long as their social media followers last.

Agreed.  To me, their entire "relationship" has come off as staged, choreographed and managed by TV folks.  Hell, they could both be playing the long game of future Bachelor and/or Bachelorette.  She doesn't have that annoying virginity problem anymore, so they may both be delusional enough to be together for promotional purposes. 

Yeah, a stupid theory, but in the immortal words of Melania, "I really don't care, do U?.... *LOL*  

• Love 6
On 6/26/2018 at 12:43 AM, bequialife said:

I think she wears those earrings to make her look feminine.  She looks way too much like a young boy.  Nothing feminine about her.  

Different strokes, and all that ... Standard of behavior is one thing--standard of beauty is another. I would hope we've moved beyond having standards of femininity for women in 2018.

• Love 10

I don't see a big difference between standards of beauty and standards of femininity.  At least femininity is usually within one's control. To belch or not to belch, for example. I find Becca both pretty and feminine, but if someone else doesn't, I think she should be free to say so. 

• Love 7

I belch femininely. I fart too. No one has ever accused me of not being feminine. If anything I'm overly girly. I just happen to not hold it in when I need to let it out. I don't wear giant hoop earrings though. They seem like they would annoy the crap out of me. I think Bekkah is very feminine just in a more modern way than the typical bachelor gal. 

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Thinking women shouldn't burp or fart is so archaic. Like, those are normal bodily functions. Women are humans lol.

I read once (no source, sorry) that a sizable % of college guys think that girls don't poop.

12 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I always thought it was considered good manners for both genders to avoid belching and farting in public or at least try to do it discreetly. :)

I agree. I think it's good manners to do it discreetly, and to not remark on it if it happens. Both genders. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I believe it. It's sad, but actually more scary than anything.

The scariest part is that those are college students, ie. supposedly people of above-average intellect. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

At least femininity is usually within one's control. 

I don't know what this means. Feminity is to be controlled? To meet some standard? That others find acceptable? Color me confused.

• Love 5