Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E17: One on One (Part 3)

• Start Topic

In this final episode of one-on-one interviews, Kody is confronted with the question of whether he has a "favorite wife." Then, Kody and Janelle open up about the conflict over holidays and reveal the status of their relationship.

Air Date: January 8, 2023

2 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I’m going to have to process this episode.  Right  now I’m wondering what Gabe and Garrison’s girlfriends are feeling about Kody’s pencil remark. it was disrespectful. 
These two young men had jobs and school. Not everyone got to stay home and I don’t know if anyone who quit seeing their significant others.  I certainly didn’t quit seeing my adult offspring either- granted none of us were immune compromised 

And as the patriarchal head of the household shouldn’t it be Kody who sets the example of treating others respectfully?  After all respect is more important than love.

I freely admit I  want to be one of the ones trash talking Kody.  

• Like 20
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I really have to thank Robyn for that one. My husband and I laugh together a lot but we really laughed ourselves to tears over that one. "Thank you for choosing ME. I know you have many options for wife shopping. I appreciate you patronizing this location."

And Robyn is afraid it is like Costco, where you can return at any time for any reason.

• LOL 9
39 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Oh my, Kody and Robyn are so nauseating and insufferable in their self-righteousness. My jaw dropped when Robyn started crying when asked about her buying a house when Janelle had nothing. She's crying while exclaiming, "I didn't ask for a house. They insisted." Am I the only one who was watching while Robyn cried because Kody wanted her to rent a house? She kept saying she was praying and God would provide. Well Robyn, "Goddesses" Meri, Christine and Janelle provided your mansion, not God. And Kody railing against Janelle, when she was the one defending him? They both can crawl back under that rock. And if I hear once more about his suffering with Covid, and being traumatized by his divorce? Cripes, you were never married to Christine! And you showed NO empathy when your wife and kids got covid. What a loser.

I’m sorry to say it was Kody who told Robyn she would have to buy a house.  It was Robyn who wanted to find a rental.  And I do seem to remember other people wanting Robyn to get a house big enough for the big family get togethers.  So to be fair….

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Elodia said:

It also means he didn't bother to see Savanah, wo did nothing to him and seemingly was following the rules but had the misfortune to be Janelle's daughter and Gabe's and Garrison's sister. We all saw Savanah, when they moved from the RV into a rental, hoping Kody would come more often now, which apparently he didn't. He is such a piece of shit and my heart breaks for her. 

Savannah's response to Kody, going to Janelle's new apartment for the first time, spoke volumes about their "relationship". The way she sat at the kitchen table and didn't bother to get up to greet him.  Kody had to ask for a hug.  I feel bad for Savannah. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Shauna said:

Savannah's response to Kody, going to Janelle's new apartment for the first time, spoke volumes about their "relationship". The way she sat at the kitchen table and didn't bother to get up to greet him.  Kody had to ask for a hug.  I feel bad for Savannah. 

I think Savanah has been pissed at Kody for a long time. On the "I want my own house" episode, she was as angry at her dad as Janelle was. She just didn't talk.

• Like 11
  • Sad 3

Robyn was cute when the show started and the rest of the women were dumpy. Christine was pregnant, so gets a pass, but now that Janelle has more time for herself, she’s she stunner now. Christine looks so much better, too, and Meri is uh still Meri. Robyn looks busted. 

• Like 12
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
Just now, Art Of Noiz said:

I think Savanah has been pissed at Kody for a long time. On the "I want my own house" episode, she was as angry at her dad as Janelle was. She just didn't talk.

We haven't seen or heard much from Savannah at all, like ever.  I wonder how much of it is being an introvert and how much of it is unhappiness from this plural family.

• Like 5
  • Sad 5

Would love to see a former wife turn the tables on the respect issue.  Kody, do you respect Janelle by not helping financially support her so she and YOUR daughter Savannah live in a 2 bedroom apartment while Robyn and 5 of your other children live in a million dollar house? Respect is a two way street in relationships. 

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
Just now, BAForever said:

Would love to see a former wife turn the tables on the respect issue.  Kody, do you respect Janelle by not helping financially support her so she and YOUR daughter Savannah live in a 2 bedroom apartment while Robyn and 5 of your other children live in a million dollar house? Respect is a two way street in relationships. 

When Kody mentions respect, I always say aloud to my dog sitting (sleeping) next to me, "respect is earned, you dumbass". 

Kody and his three piece suit.  Who dressed him?  He straight up looked stupid.  A collared, button up dress shirt would have sufficed. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Christine and Meri also got houses in Flagstaff far larger and more expensive than they needed as well.

Agree about Meri. Christine’s house though, was 2,400 square feet. Opinion varies, to me that wasn’t over the top at all. 

• Like 23
3 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Yeah, but a large part of not being able to find a rental was both Robyn and Kody insisting that every one of Robyn's kids had to have their own bedroom. There were rentals, but none with 5,000 bedrooms. Of course, Christine and Meri also got houses in Flagstaff far larger and more expensive than they needed as well. Janelle was the only one who tried to save money. I still have no idea why in the world Janelle handed half of her Las Vegas house profit to Kody and Robyn to buy Robyn's house. Then Kody accuses her of not being loyal!! I hope Janelle never goes back to him. She seems so much happier now. 

Exactly! She had to have bedrooms for all of her 5 children and I think she said something about one of the bedrooms being a second main for her parents when they came to visit. I really like Janelle, but when she starts in on wanting the house built on Coyote Pass and why aren't they all pushing for that I want to scream. Robyn and Kody are not interested in moving there, and neither is Christine and probably Meri.  Not going to happen Janelle.  What is keeping her from going to Kody and Robyn and saying I want my money back that I gave you to buy your house. I need now.  Even if they have to take out a 10th mortgage to do this it is the only decent thing for them to do. Or they could do like Christine did, they could give her their share of the large lot that they own free and clear. 

• Like 13
  • Love 1

Agree about Meri. Christine’s house though, was 2,400 square feet. Opinion varies, to me that wasn’t over the top at all. 

If the goal was to pay off and build on the Coyote Pass property, as ALL five of them originally led us to believe, then most of their home purchases and rentals were ridiculous. They could have buddied up in 2 to 3 houses and roughed it while they sold the Vegas properties and started to build on Coyote Pass. But I don't think building on Coyote Pass was ever really the goal for anyone except Janelle, and also the 5 Brown adults are unorganized idiots who can't manage their money. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, maxmama said:

Kody is becoming unhinged and bizarre.

I don't really watch this show. I only watched the first season or two back when it came out, but lately clips from it have shown up on my social media and I've become curious. So I've watched some clips. I've found Kody quite shocking. I remember him being slimy back in the beginning, but now he looks legit insane. And the scary type of insane. Is he on drugs or something? Maybe roid rage or something? Yikes!

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

If the goal was to pay off and build on the Coyote Pass property, as ALL five of them originally led us to believe, then most of their home purchases and rentals were ridiculous. They could have buddied up in 2 to 3 houses and roughed it while they sold the Vegas properties and started to build on Coyote Pass. But I don't think building on Coyote Pass was ever really the goal for anyone except Janelle, and also the 5 Brown adults are unorganized idiots who can't manage their money. 

There are many things they could have done differently. I simply commented on the actual size of Christine’s house.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Was Meri’s interview really just 5 minutes or was there more that didn’t make the cut once TLC realized she was very carefully watching what she said? He’s never going to take you back, Meri. It’ll never happen.

Watching Robyn was like seeing a villain unmasked on Scooby-Doo. Always knew she was a fake, manipulative assbutt but we finally see her true face now. 

I’d bet a good chunk of money Janelle is completely safe from ever having to work on her marriage. Kody doesn’t forgive or apologize. She could leave her doors and windows wide open and he’ll never come knocking. 

So what else is left? I don’t need to hear from Kody and Robyn again. If I were Christine I would want to focus on moving forward with my life and stop looking backwards. Meri is a non-factor, although I wouldn’t mind seeing her actually saying eff it all and officially moving to the B&B or wherever. Janelle’s living situation interests me but I don’t need a full season of her decisions.

• Like 21
  • Love 1

So the outside nanny and her husband coming over every day wouldn't increase the risk of exposure?  Kody going out to do gun shows wouldn't increase the risk of exposure?  His excuse about the other wives and children increasing exposure to the point of killing his younger children to justify abandonment doesn't fly as much as his analogy of a wet pencil.

Next season should just show Christine and Janelle and their families moving on.  I fell asleep at the end.  Is Meri staying or is she finally moving on?

Edited by mytmo
typing with gloves on due to frozen hands
  • Like 12
  • Applause 4
3 hours ago, kassa said:

The ending of the episode where Kody wished good things for Christine and Janelle... and the interviewer smiled approvingly, wrapping it all up neatly.

Meanwhile, in Parawan...

meri.jpg

Jest settin there quietly humming Someday My Patriarchal Prince Will Come...

Edited by Sandy W
Spellink
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 15

Not a damn tear came out of Robyn    I want to host the tell nothings and either spray those 2 with a water bottle when they lie. Or use the taboo buzzer and bizzzzzzzzz them constantly 

• Like 4
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1