Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E17: One on One (Part 3)

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, MsMalin said:

What make Robyn unattractive now is something she can control. Seeing earlier pictures of her reminded me of how pretty she was. In large part that was due to her smile. Now, all I notice is her sad emoji mouth. 😞  I wonder if she watches the show to see how unattractive it is and that it is something she can control.

She has the same affliction Meri has.  Putty face.  It moves like its made of putty.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
57 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

She has the same affliction Meri has.  Putty face.  It moves like its made of putty.

I think both Meri and Robyn drink. Their skin is coarse. Yes, Meri may tan, but I don't think Robyn does. Sometimes their faces are  puffy, sometimes even more puffy. 

This is totally speculation from me. My sister is an alcoholic. She dry cries like Robyn. She gets puffy because liquor dehydrates her.

• Like 1
  • Useful 17
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Does Robyn really mean it when she talks about wanting to be in a plural marriage?  She’s always said that, but I’m not sure it’s true.  Not that it matters anymore.  

I think Robyn always wanted the plural wallets she saw due to filming, not the plural barnacles wives

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2

OK this has been bugging me for some time and it just came into focus when I watched the Tell Nothing Part 3 last night: Remember a few episodes ago when Kody, Robyn and the kids trick-or-treated at their own house and in the background, Dayton was spotted coming out of a camping trailer? The speculation at the time was, is Dayton living in that trailer, or just hiding in there for the kids to come and trick or treat at the door? Well, in the Tell Nothing Part 3, when Kody is ranting about Covid compliance, he said "Robyn brought her kids, same ages as Garrison and Gabriel, into full compliance on our Covid agreement. And when they didn't, they got to be out of the home." Kinda sounds like Dayton might have been living in the camping trailer. And if so, it also brings new meaning to Robyn's comment earlier in the season "I don't think anyone should have to live in a trailer."  

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 2
25 minutes ago, Thistle Howl said:

OK this has been bugging me for some time and it just came into focus when I watched the Tell Nothing Part 3 last night: Remember a few episodes ago when Kody, Robyn and the kids trick-or-treated at their own house and in the background, Dayton was spotted coming out of a camping trailer? The speculation at the time was, is Dayton living in that trailer, or just hiding in there for the kids to come and trick or treat at the door? Well, in the Tell Nothing Part 3, when Kody is ranting about Covid compliance, he said "Robyn brought her kids, same ages as Garrison and Gabriel, into full compliance on our Covid agreement. And when they didn't, they got to be out of the home." Kinda sounds like Dayton might have been living in the camping trailer. And if so, it also brings new meaning to Robyn's comment earlier in the season "I don't think anyone should have to live in a trailer."  

And if K&R bought/rented an RV for Dayton, did they offer the same option to Gabe and Garrison?

• Like 21
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

I think TLC should spinoff a show for the 3 OG. Yes, I'd even watch Meri. I do not think I will watch Kody and Robyn unless they get at least one new, younger, cuter SW.

I think that Kody has probably already been in discussions with TLC about how to keep this trainweck going. It can't be sister wives with just Kody and Robyn. I have a feeling that Kody is already talkinig to Robyn and TLC about bringing in another wife. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to hear that he has found another wife. I think Robyn will reluctantly go along with this to keep the money coming in. How the 2 evil stepsisters will handle this if more children are brought in is the question. Robyn will retain her position as HBIC. 

Unfortunately I don't see a show based on the 3 other wives. Maybe a special or 2 about life after polygamy. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Unfortunately I don't see a show based on the 3 other wives. Maybe a special or 2 about life after polygamy. 

This past November, Christine started filming another season centered around her move to Utah. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 7
  • Useful 5
5 hours ago, Thistle Howl said:

I can't find the link now but there was an In Touch Weekly article out there that said Dayton lives in the trailer and that Gwen had confirmed it. I have no idea how reliable either "source" is...

• Like 4
  • Useful 4

I wonder if Kody thinks it was enough for him to apologize to Gabe and Garrison (because he was directly asked on camera) and so he's done his part to "fix things." The fact that he, as the adult, made comments that they needed to come to HIM to initiate conversation and start to repair the relationship  (and stated like a petulant man-child) shed a lot of light on his immaturity. Gabe's heartbreaking scene in which he tells us how sad he was not to hear from Kody on his birthday revealed to me that he is miles ahead of his father in the maturity and insight departments.

• Like 15
On 1/8/2023 at 11:03 PM, chuckity said:

If this shit show continues, I'd like to formally petition TLC to have their tell all episode interviewer replaced by any random Primetimer member.  

That way when Kody or Robyn try to rewrite history, the Primetimer interviewer can immediately say, "that's not what you said in Season 9, Episode 4 at 36 minutes in ... roll tape."

I volunteer I would have clips of what they said ready to go and roll that shit frame by frame like a Zapruder film!

• Like 6
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 6
3 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

I wonder if Kody thinks it was enough for him to apologize to Gabe and Garrison (because he was directly asked on camera) and so he's done his part to "fix things." The fact that he, as the adult, made comments that they needed to come to HIM to initiate conversation and start to repair the relationship  (and stated like a petulant man-child) shed a lot of light on his immaturity. Gabe's heartbreaking scene in which he tells us how sad he was not to hear from Kody on his birthday revealed to me that he is miles ahead of his father in the maturity and insight departments.

Any apology he may have made was immediately negated by his "wet pencil" comment.

• Like 8
  • Applause 9
18 hours ago, lilysmom said:

Agree! I think if she did, it would only be to keep the show/gravy train going for a few more seasons. After all, TLC dragged out dividing Coyote Pass for at least a season, Covid 19 for MANY seasons, Christine leaving for a whole season. A new wife or two could stretch this show into many more seasons. The last thing Robyn wants is to have to get a job.

I might watch Kody replace Robyn with another “soulmate” and watch her experience what the other 3 wives experienced. I think Robyn knows this already as she said it would be “disrespectful” to bring new wives in (her excuse for she doesn’t wanna give up HBIC and feel jealous).

I’d rather the show die here and now, but Christine has said she’s been filming in Utah, so we might just see the train fall off the tracks into the ravine and burn one last time. Please let it be the last time we see Kody’s stupid face and Robyn’s dry crying (though at the end of this gravy train there might be real tears). 

• Like 14
  • LOL 1
15 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Unfortunately I don't see a show based on the 3 other wives.

I agree. They are just a bunch of single women with a bunch of mostly grown kids.  What is there to see?  Plexass commercials?  Grocery shopping? LuLaRot fashion shows? Dating some loser who'd ask them out just for 15 minutes of fame on the teevee?

It's not like those captive cult women suddenly set free who have never seen a TV or driven a car.  These three have been basically single and living alone since they left Lehi.   

• Like 10

I guess we will get one more season and then hopefully it will be cancelled. Each of them are certainly not interesting enough for me to watch. I can see it now if it lasts of what we will see.

1. Meri sweeping the front porch of the BnB - snore

2. Christine trying her luck on Match.com

3. Janelle learning to drive the RV

4. Kody trying to get Hellraiser off the chandelier

5. Robyn practicing pinching her thigh trying to squeak out real tears 

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
spelling, need more coffee
  • Like 1
  • LOL 23

I would enjoy watching a show because I could imagine Kody’s head exploding because his first three wives can say whatever they want and we could watch Robyn’s face as she is the only outlet for his bullshit.
We might not see Robyn and Kody as much because they will have to get jobs to pay their debt because the first three are keeping all their money.

• Like 8
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
34 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I guess we will get one more season and then hopefully it will be cancelled. Each of them are certainly not interesting enough for me to watch. I can see it now if it lasts of what we will see.

"Hellraiser," LMAO!  I call her Little Mullet.  

Pinch harder, Sobbyn!  

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

# 5 - I watched this last Tell All to see if she could force out a tear. So really tried, but no luck. 😄

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Texasmom1970 said:

# 5 - I watched this last Tell All to see if she could force out a tear. So really tried, but no luck. 😄

She frequently places her index finger horizontally across her nasal passages as if to stifle a runny nose.  If she was smart, she could have dipped the finger in onion juice prior to her appearance.

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

I have noted the trailer several times and it's never been explained - it was the backdrop to the outdoor conversation with Mykelti and Tony and has been in other establishing shots. Hearing that Dayton is living there may explain why Janelle went all out on the one she bought. It seemed very unlike her to go superluxe rather than something she would want to take on a fishing trip, but if he bought one for Dayton and wanted *her* to scrimp on her housing? That may have set her off.

They haven't even touched on Leon's announcement, so there's that still to come, unless they refuse to participate, and that seems unlikely. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, kassa said:

They haven't even touched on Leon's announcement, so there's that still to come, unless they refuse to participate, and that seems unlikely. 

I feel it’s very likely, and I wouldn’t blame them for that.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

Just now watching. I am still really bothered by this: how does Kody get away with not discussing Robyn??? This is a tell all. You are discussing your other wives. Why does he think it's o.k. not to talk about her??

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
11 minutes ago, MamaGee said:

Just now watching. I am still really bothered by this: how does Kody get away with not discussing Robyn??? This is a tell all. You are discussing your other wives. Why does he think it's o.k. not to talk about her??

I would guess that she pulled him by the earlobe on the way out of the house and threatened him not to talk about her and he replied "yes mommy"  lol

• Applause 1
  • LOL 12
34 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I fell it’s very likely, and I wouldn’t blame them for that.

I don't follow them on social media, but I didn't realize they were distancing themselves from the show? If so, good for them. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, sheshark said:

What did Leon announce?

That they're Leon.  That still hasn't happened in "show" time. But I can definitely see not wanting to air all the individual reactions to said news. 

It's hard to remember sometimes which kids aren't referred to because they're out of favor and which aren't referred to because they probably demanded not to be mentioned. They stopped talking about Logan for years, and Gwen - I could see both telling their parents and the show to leave them out of it. 

Which reminds me of that low blow of Kody's in the extra bonus footage episode during that awkward discussion with Janelle where he appeared to be trying to get her to call the relationship off and she kept blithely talking about how they can work on it once "they" move into the new apartment.  For those who didn't see it, he was pushing the narrative that their relationship had been bad for a long time and she pushed back that as far as she'd known it had been fine, and he actually came out and said he thought it hadn't been right since Logan was born.  Cut to present-day Janelle rolling her eyes at the camera and saying "Logan's almost 30.years.old!"

Edited by kassa
  • Like 2
  • Sad 4
On 1/8/2023 at 9:35 PM, procrasstinator said:

I’m sorry to say it was Kody who told Robyn she would have to buy a house.  It was Robyn who wanted to find a rental.  And I do seem to remember other people wanting Robyn to get a house big enough for the big family get togethers.  So to be fair….

You are probably correct, as I only remember Kody being frustrated because he couldn't find a home and he was trying to talk Robyn into renting until a home becomes available. She refused because she wasn't going to uproot her kids again because of not owning. I do remember him initially balking at the price of the house she accepted, but by then the stress of possibly moving several times had Robyn praying nonstop. I understand that uncertainty, but I don't understand her lack of appreciation for the financial loopholes they all went through to help her, and now Kody's implying Christine's the reason they can't move on to coyote pass. Not that I believe Robyn would ever move out there now.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
On 1/9/2023 at 3:48 AM, HeyDougieHowser said:

Robyn cried because she wanted to rent so they could build on Coyote pass and thought God would provide a rental and Kody kept insisting there wasn't one and they would have to buy. Their kids ended up sharing bedrooms anyway, there weren't any 7 bed homes to rent or buy, the house they bought had 5. 

You're the 2nd reader to point this out so I need to track down the episode I'm thinking of. My apologies if I got it wrong, but sometimes Robyn cries so much, I can't remember what's the issues were. Time to youtube, lol.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 5
  • LOL 1
On 1/11/2023 at 3:46 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Maybe Robyn "needs to get her scent out there" to secure another season.

It creeps me out that Robyn’s own mother told her to “get her scent out there” all I can think of is Robyn going around like a skunk.

I guess that makes Kody the “Skunk Whisperer”

He couldn’t wait to get that skank stank all over him.‍ 🦨🤧

Edited by Joan of Argh
Autocorrect
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 7

I find it hard to believe that Robyn couldn’t find a large enough place to rent meanwhile Meri rented 2 different mansions with a multitude of bedrooms… her waterfall/elevator house had 2 full master suites and several bedrooms and the one after that also had a ton of bedrooms.

Jmo but I think Robyn wanted to buy a mansion all along but as we’ve seen she gets Kody to be the bad cop while she gets to go on and on about praying for a rental and then in the end they have to buy… boohooo!!! She’s always scheming and conniving!

Just like she told Kody what to tell the other wives about something (can’t remember what it was maybe Covid) but before he left to go talk to the others she told him to tell the other wives that it was HIS idea and not tell them that it was actually HER idea.

• Like 14
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I find it hard to believe that Robyn couldn’t find a large enough place to rent meanwhile Meri rented 2 different mansions with a multitude of bedrooms… her waterfall/elevator house had 2 full master suites and several bedrooms and the one after that also had a ton of bedrooms.

Jmo but I think Robyn wanted to buy a mansion all along but as we’ve seen she gets Kody to be the bad cop while she gets to go on and on about praying for a rental and then in the end they have to buy… boohooo!!! She’s always scheming and conniving!

Just like she told Kody what to tell the other wives about something (can’t remember what it was maybe Covid) but before he left to go talk to the others she told him to tell the other wives that it was HIS idea and not tell them that it was actually HER idea.

This. Robyn does a very good job of acting like she doesn’t want something when she actually wants the thing she says she doesn’t, and somehow she almost always gets her way. 

I remember specifically Robyn adamantly claimed she did NOT want to buy.  And as you just pointed out, Meri found large rentals just fine. I think Robyn just wanted to make it seem like she was forced to buy a huge house when that’s what she wanted all along. Perhaps she thought she’d appear like less of a bad guy (and even a martyr) this way.

It didn’t work Robyn we all see you. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 9
  • Useful 1

Yes. Robyn is extremely manipulative and well-versed in it. Even the crying is fake.  Imagine growing up seeing how sister wives have to operate.  So, it seems she’s learned from the masters.  

• Like 12
  • Love 2
On 1/10/2023 at 5:16 AM, Ih8kody said:

I will tune in next season to watch Janelle leave but there is no way I will watch another season of Kody and Robyn after she is gone……unless he marries a young, pretty woman, falls in love with her and then she leaves him for Gabriel because Gabriel has better hair. Flip that hair Gabe!!!!!!!  I’m all in for that!  😂

Ha! That would be funny! I’d probably tune in for that too, or to see how Kody and Robyn are forced to sell the mansion (to pay off Meri and Janelle) and are out hunting for an old and affordable RV.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
8 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

It creeps me out that Robyn’s own mother told her to “get her scent out there” all I can think of is Robyn going around like a skunk.

I guess that makes Kody the “Skunk Whisperer”

He couldn’t wait to get that skank stank all over him.‍ 🦨🤧

It does make her a fit with a son-in-law who refers to his kids' sex lives the way Kody did (so gross I don't want to repeat it).

Regarding Robyn praying for a "rennal": I've always thought that she and Kody cooked up that supposed feud as a way to try to restore Robyn's reputation, by "blaming" Kody for the purchase. After all, she was the audience's "scapegoat."

Edited by Teafortwo
more thoughts
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

This is extra odd because Meri and Robyn were both looking for a rental at the same time when Meri found the big house she still rents to this day (unless things have changed recently and no one has noticed). No idea how many bedrooms Meri's Flagstaff rental has, but it has a playset in the back yard and lots of garages for all of Kody and Robyn's stuff. They only seem to film on the outside of it lately.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, LilyD said:

Ha! That would be funny! I’d probably tune in for that too, or to see how Kody and Robyn are forced to sell the mansion (to pay off Meri and Janelle) and are out hunting for an old and affordable RV.

They could buy Janelle's RV :) We know how much Kody loves it.

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
On 1/12/2023 at 5:49 AM, Cetacean said:

Its not like those captive cult women suddenly  free who have never seen a TV or driven a car.  These three have been basically single and living alone since they left Lehi.   

I would watch a show that shows Janelle and Christine meeting good, 'normal' men, falling in love then being surprised by how great a monogamous marriage can be. That would be a satisfying show.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Because she's the shit??

I wonder about a lot of questions that weren't asked, or perhaps were but edited out? That's the frustrating part. All us viewers have the same questions yet no one asks about the nanny and subsequent covid. At one stage, Kody was a little too arrogant and angry, refusing to answer a non confrontational question. He forgets he's here on our dime, and we can say goodbye faster than he can say gofundme.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 1/9/2023 at 12:31 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

Still did not address why Robin needs a nanny.

2 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Because she's the shit??

What

does

the Nanny

doooooooooooooo?

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
On 1/11/2023 at 5:05 PM, Thistle Howl said:

Yeah and when Kody was describing where the kids stayed when he and Robyn had covid, did he specifically mention Dayton? 

• Like 5
18 hours ago, Chalby said:

I would watch a show that shows Janelle and Christine meeting good, 'normal' men, falling in love then being surprised by how great a monogamous marriage can be. That would be a satisfying show.

I would REALLY love a storyline about Janelle suing K and R to get the $$ she leant them for the McMansion. Kody's head would EXPLODE

• Like 10
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah and when Kody was describing where the kids stayed when he and Robyn had covid, did he specifically mention Dayton? 

I don't remember Dayton's name coming up at all. Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time they talked about him specifically. 

• Like 12