Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E17: One on One (Part 3)

• Start Topic

I watched the episode. I was surprised to hear Janelle speak about religion and faith, when I haven't ever seen her really discuss her religion before. 

The apples and oranges comparison was dumb. And Kody's desperate need to demonize Christine and make all family members choose between her and him is disturbing. Kody can have relationships with his kids any time he wants, if he's willing to admit to his own faults and reach out to them and communicate. But he expects the kids to grovel and do all the work. Kody really wants to be a dictator in his family, but it's not working. 

I was disappointed that Suki didn't bring up Gabe's birthday and how he cried because Kody forgot all about it. I would have liked to hear from the adult kids and get their insight into the situation.

• Like 20
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I thought Christine's comment about never seeing soul mates was odd. She lives in a primarily monogamous world. She has friends and relatives in happy marriages. She watches TV and is obviously on the internet. So Christine, at age 50, has never seen soul mates?

I'm nearly 60 and I have only seen 2 or 3 soul mate matches in my lifetime in the non-polygamous world. You can have a good marriage without it, or there wouldn't be so many good marriages in the world.  I think she's just noting that difference. The honeymoon phase for them has outlasted raising small children - that is pretty rare.  

That said, I think the polygamous dynamic improves the odds because of the "you and me against x, y, z"  within this nuclear family. Instead of siding together against inlaws or neighbors they're doing it within the adults in the immediate family so the grievances can be never ending.

• Like 16
  • Applause 2
15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Someone upthread mentioned Seeking Brother Husbands. Hell no. I'm hovering around the 40 year mark in my marriage. One is enough. Some days one is too much. Run, Christine, run.

I'm on year 32.  When asked if I would ever remarry my answer is always no, I did my time.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 15
23 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Exactly! She had to have bedrooms for all of her 5 children and I think she said something about one of the bedrooms being a second main for her parents when they came to visit. I really like Janelle, but when she starts in on wanting the house built on Coyote Pass and why aren't they all pushing for that I want to scream. Robyn and Kody are not interested in moving there, and neither is Christine and probably Meri.  Not going to happen Janelle.  What is keeping her from going to Kody and Robyn and saying I want my money back that I gave you to buy your house. I need now.  Even if they have to take out a 10th mortgage to do this it is the only decent thing for them to do. Or they could do like Christine did, they could give her their share of the large lot that they own free and clear. 

Maybe, Janelle knows the others aren’t coming and that’s why she wants it.  Plus, it’s a storyline to keep her relevant on the show.  Once they each go to their forever homes without the family connection …….there’s little to fight about ….I mean discuss on the show.  

• Like 6

I think Janelle wants her money, not to build.  They can't build on CP until the entire property is paid off.  In Kody's mind it's an investment and he'll pay it off slowly and eventually cash out by selling the whole thing without ever building. In the meantime, he's happy where he is. What's the rush?

Janelle, on the other hand, is out of pocket until that day AND doesn't have a permanent home. She's smart enough to know they can't afford to pay it off AND build even that small (not really) casita. And if they pay it off but can't afford to build she's STILL standing there waiting for her money from people who have no intention of building.

So I think her gameplan vis a vis the show was to push to build until Kody folds and says he's done and sells the whole thing and gives her her money. Because that's the only way she's extracting her share of marital assets and she needs to do it while they're still on national television and he can't shrug off camera and dare her to do something about it.

Now with the separation, she may become more forceful about just selling out entirely as it's firmly established that neither the kids nor two of the other wives will ever live there and Meri won't be invited.

• Like 18
  • Useful 2
50 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

On Sale NOW! Sister Wives Tooty Fruity Fruit Basket!

Here's what you'll get!

Meri's fav:

Rice Kristie Treats flavored with bananas and a whiff of old, rancid mixed nuts 

Janelle's Must Have: 

Plexass grapefruit-flavored pink drink.  Guaranteed to be 100% non fruit*.

*Sexually suggestive drink container sold separately 

Christine's latest binge:

Red Hot Moma Raspberries

Robyn's hand-picked selection:

1 bad apple does indeed SPOIL the whole bunch

And, "Transacted" Separately

Kootie's selection: tin* of mixed nuts.

*Tin size dependent on whether you respect Kootie, or only just love him.

Get your basket today!

“Rancid old mixed nuts” 🤣

Its not even 8 in the morning here, but that wins the internet for today! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

I'm very confused about this faith that they follow. They are no longer members of the AUB. Christine left "the faith" back in Vegas she said. So she can simply declare herself divorced - and it is done.

Janelle still believes in the faith, so she has to say she's separated but yet she doesn't want anyone to walk through the door. That's some fancy faith twisting. Saying you are married, but not wanting to be married or working on the marriage, is the same thing as not being married. "Separated" doesn't equal eternal commitment to the faith. Is the plan just to meet up again in the after life? Call the earth part a wash?

Meri, raised in the faith, doubled down on the commitment angle after she was publicly humiliated several years ago. She also lives like a divorced woman and has for many years. She publicly declares she's wanting to work on it - because of the faith, even though it's been over for a long time. Now, after forcing Kody to actually be the one to go back on the commitment (so he will be the one shunned), she could easily just leave. But, "well, its up to me to decide, we'll see."

I don't buy it. As much as I appreciated Janelle's forthrightness this season, she's "separated" because they all need another season. Same reason Meri has been publicly hanging on.  If this group is willing to exploit their family and children for 17 seasons, well... Robyn and Kody may be liars but the rest of them aren't far behind.

I also think Christine's flippant and performative demeanor on the Tell All was intentional to create more drama. Hate to say it - a little like Kody. Both of them seem to amp way up for the cameras.

• Like 8
7 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Having multiple wives is like having multiple kids. You can't hand one an apple and another one an orange unless you want them to fight and hate each other. Everything has to be equal and the same. You also can't hold one kid or wife up as a beacon of perfection unless you want the others to hate her.

The Browns are so dumb. 

Exactly. And what Robyn was saying basically was, "they're jealous because I have more of his affection and attention than they do; but they should be GLAD he gives them what he does!" She was probably quite full of herself when she entered the family as the skinniest, youngest and arguably the prettiest wife. (I say that because before I started seeing the true personality, she was pretty. Now she is very unattractive, inside and out.) Also she alluded to the fact that the other wives didn't submit to sex everytime Kody demanded it? Didn't he say that he was unattracted to them because they didn't behave properly and "respect" him enough?

• Like 15
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

In the gospel according to Robyn women should put their husbands sexual needs above everything else!!…

So THAT'S what the nanny does while Robyn services her "best customer" 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 14

If a husband has to "be handled" he's not worth it, nor is he a soul mate. That's the magic of polygamy - four women scrambling, manipulating and handling marriage for a man who is an asshole.

That's not to say marriages don't need work, they do, but they need honest work, relevant work and current work.

If the OG3 do pursue new relationships they may end up being their own worst enemies. They likely have no idea how to be in an honest and real relationship. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 13
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 2

@GeeGolly while I agree husbands shouldn't have to be handled. there is an element of ones spouse knowing the best way to approach you with something difficult. I'm better with mu husband than his sister for example. She has a way with him that's often counterproductive.  I suspect that in the Browns' family,  the OG3 wives probably knew how to handle him as a group to some degree, but now w Robyn the Kody-whisperer, along with 25-30 years of having done it, they're just like F it. let her have him, I'm tired. 

• Like 13
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

If the OG3 do pursue new relationships they may end up being their own worst enemies. They likely have no idea how to be in an honest and real relationship.

True, but then, they wouldn't  be in a relationship with the deranged Kody.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Kody can have relationships with his kids any time he wants, if he's willing to admit to his own faults and reach out to them and communicate. But he expects the kids to grovel and do all the work. Kody really wants to be a dictator in his family, but it's not working.

Yes except that Kody is extremely lazy.  He expects all of the details to be worked out for him by someone else.  I'm thinking of Kody talking to Christine during COVID to arrange a visit with Ysabel while Christine was gone.  Kody was asking if Ysabel had gone for COVID testing (this was in the days before home tests were available).  Christine said no because Ysabel didn't know when Kody would be over so she wasn't going to go for testing every day.  And then Kody was asking Christine to call and make an appointment for Ysabel.  Christine was saying well Ysabel can do that herself just call her and let her know when you are wanting to visit.  Then Kody was complaining that Christine wouldn't do that for him.  Yeah the kids really are the easy part, hey Kody.  He can't even pick up the phone and call his daughter that's beyond him.  Basic child care beyond him. 

• Like 20
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Transactional.  That's the kind of marriage Robyn describes.  It isn't healthy and isn't based on love and acceptance.

but probably the only kind she knows.  thats the kind of marriage youre bound to have in their cult 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

Exactly. And what Robyn was saying basically was, "they're jealous because I have more of his affection and attention than they do; but they should be GLAD he gives them what he does!"

What Robyn was saying was that it was their own fault that Kody was spending all of his time with her because they didn't protect the special thing they had with Kody.  "They each have something with Kody that I don't even have".  Full of herself very much so.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
13 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Robyn needs to take several seats and stop rewriting not only her history, but the history of the Big Three.  "They have something with Kody that I don't even have, wah wah wah, poor me.

Poor Robyn indeed.  I can see how her statement can be read that way.  To me it came across arrogantly, "Even I" (the favorite one) don't have that with Kody.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

I would think, no matter what their intentions were going into polygamy (one big family - not separate ones) that's it is always a competition amongst the wives and kids.  And I've wondered if that was something that Kody promoted, to some degree.  After all, if you aren't quite sure of your place in the family , aren't you going to try extra hard?  I read somewhere about Robyn's mother - the wives lived separately.  And Robyn's mother ended up being the favourite - isn't that just what Robyn has accomplished?  I can imagine her mother teaching her that her husband should be her best customer!  And for the past several years, Kody has certainly promoted favouritism - ie "if you want my favour - this is what you have to do.  See how Robyn and her kids behave?"  He's used them as a measuring stick for the rest of his family.  That's like saying to one of your kids - "why can't you be like your sibling?"  I've also been truly aghast how he thinks and speaks "creatively" - meaning he just outright lies.  What a model to everyone, right?  I think everyone in the family grew up - except Kody. 

• Like 17
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
On 1/9/2023 at 6:18 AM, Shauna said:

When Kody mentions respect, I always say aloud to my dog sitting (sleeping) next to me, "respect is earned, you dumbass". 

Kody and his three piece suit.  Who dressed him?  He straight up looked stupid.  A collared, button up dress shirt would have sufficed. 

The new menswear division of Victoria's Secret had a sale...    😉

• LOL 17
8 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I guess Robyn wants all of us to worship Kody for continuing to *boink* gross old stretch marked wives…. Gee what a guy… we should give him an award! 🏆

When she said that she exposed the real Robyn, she hates other women and falls all over herself for men.. even a shallow pig headed turd like Kody!  🤢🤮

In the gospel according to Robyn women should put their husbands sexual needs above everything else!!… to hell with the kids, they can fix their own dinner and the baby can marinate in his shitty diaper….. Daddy needs to wet his pencil!!

No wonder she’s always ~slithering~ around in the nearest Victorias Secret store looking for crotchless panties and peek-a-boo bras. 

Thank you, @Joan of Argh, for a much-needed laugh on a shitty (for me) day!  🥰

I read this aloud to Mr. X, and he had a good laugh, too!

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
7 hours ago, mytmo said:

I'm on year 32.  When asked if I would ever remarry my answer is always no, I did my time.

Fifty and counting, here.  No way I'd ever get married again.  I'm set in my ways, and I'm sure no other man could stand me, and vice versa!  

"Best customer."  Leave it to Sobbyn to come up with that.  So, there are other customers?  Haha, get in line, boys!

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
2 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I watch with closed captioning and almost every time Robyn is on the screen, the caption is "weeping."  I want them to change the caption to "tearless weeping."  

Closed caption viewer here too. I sometimes have difficulty understanding Meri (sounds drunk), Robyn and Christine.

Kody and Janelle have clear, crisp diction even when Kody maligns his metaphors I understand his speech pattern.

• Like 12
  • LOL 3

While Robyn acts like Kody should be put on a pedestal for loving his wives that gained weight or have stretch marks, she forgot to add loving wives that have hatchet/toothbrush eyebrows or goiters.  Also, she doesn’t address why Christine, Janelle, and Meri don’t get credit when Kody rolls up like a Chiapet missing a row of seedling 

image.png.4a577023a186b03f7a952b3557f64a

He wasn’t that way when they married him, but most decent people don’t body shame their spouses.

All of these things except maybe the toothbrush eyebrows are either due to age, health issues, and/or having 5 billion children, so I’m not sure why Robyn is being so trifling. Also, isn’t their whole religion based on having all these children for their planets, you’d think she wouldn’t be so awful but it is Robyn. 

eta:  I actually think besides bad fashions and odd eyebrow choices they all look fine.  Janelle and Christine look better than when the show started. Meri and Kody are fine but different looking (hairstyles, toddler vests) and Robyn looks fine when not styled for the show. 

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Like 14
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

eta:  I actually think besides bad fashions and odd eyebrow choices they all look fine.  Janelle and Christine look better than when the show start. Meri and Kody are fine but different looking and Robyn looks fine when not styled for the show. 

Honestly, the stress of being "Mrs." Brown has taken its toll on Meri. But she seems to think she's all that with her squeaky pleather jackets (too tight), egg-beater styled hair and orange foundation. I agree about Janelle and Christine. 

I am very tired of the "I'm an independent woman" schtick from Meri- I do have to say that getting into this bizarre religion/culture does require (as much as WE disagree with it) a lot of deference to the husband, "staying sweet" and having a cooperative relationship with the other wives. I'm not sure she is living up to that bargain; and if she realizes that she is fighting the "coolture" then she shouldn't be surprised Kody has a zillion reasons to not want her as a wife any longer. So that said, she should just take her leggings, shuffle off to Parawan and live her life.  Maybe living on the Planet of Kody Brown just isn't all that.

• Like 14
8 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Exactly. And what Robyn was saying basically was, "they're jealous because I have more of his affection and attention than they do; but they should be GLAD he gives them what he does!" She was probably quite full of herself when she entered the family as the skinniest, youngest and arguably the prettiest wife. (I say that because before I started seeing the true personality, she was pretty. Now she is very unattractive, inside and out.) Also she alluded to the fact that the other wives didn't submit to sex everytime Kody demanded it? Didn't he say that he was unattracted to them because they didn't behave properly and "respect" him enough?

And how does Robbyn know about the other wives sex lives with Noodle Head?  Does she ask?  Does he tell?  Then Noodle Head spills the sordid details, or lack thereof, to her so she knows what she has to do to keep her best customer happy?    

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
18 minutes ago, Midwestern Lady said:

And how does Robbyn know about the other wives sex lives with Noodle Head?  Does she ask?  Does he tell?  Then Noodle Head spills the sordid details, or lack thereof, to her so she knows what she has to do to keep her best customer happy?    

Long ago, Robyn insisted on air that no, the wives don't discuss their relationships with each other nor does Kody bring issues with one wife to another wife because, you know, they don't want to meddle in each others' marriages.😇

However, Robyn has, unwittingly or not, revealed that there's a lot of kvetching that goes on, mostly from Kody regarding his "disrespectful" spouses (those who are NOT Robyn).

• Like 20
11 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Having multiple wives is like having multiple kids. You can't hand one an apple and another one an orange unless you want them to fight and hate each other. Everything has to be equal and the same. You also can't hold one kid or wife up as a beacon of perfection unless you want the others to hate her.

The Browns are so dumb. 

I keep trying to type the words which would actually convey how beautiful and simple this comparison is, but I’m failing (failin’?) so @Kellyee , spot fucking on! Thank you. This is why I shouldn’t read here after getting drunk to watch the awards tonight. Lol. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
21 hours ago, Juniper Stark said:

“Rancid old mixed nuts” 🤣

Its not even 8 in the morning here, but that wins the internet for today! 

*Blushes*  Awww, shucks...thank you!  I had my Doppio coffee yesterday and was firing on all cylinders.  😉

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

What make Robyn unattractive now is something she can control. Seeing earlier pictures of her reminded me of how pretty she was. In large part that was due to her smile. Now, all I notice is her sad emoji mouth. 😞  I wonder if she watches the show to see how unattractive it is and that it is something she can control.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
18 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Does Robyn really mean it when she talks about wanting to be in a plural marriage?  She’s always said that, but I’m not sure it’s true.  Not that it matters anymore.  

That's what she's said when she had 3 sister wives. Now that they're gone, it's a whole new world. We'll see if she wants plural marriage enough to encourage Kody to marry at least one more wife. And hopefully being HBIC she can help the wives adjust, though I'm not holding my breath about that.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

If monogamy is "messing with" Kody and Robyn's identity, the solution is easy - find new wives. I truly believe if a hot new young lady came along Kody would agree in a hot minute. Somehow, I think Robyn would not be onboard.

TLC, if your listening I would watch Kody bringing on a new wife, because watching karma in action is fun.

• Like 4
  • LOL 10
On 1/10/2023 at 8:46 AM, Kellyee said:

I was disappointed that Suki didn't bring up Gabe's birthday and how he cried because Kody forgot all about it. I would have liked to hear from the adult kids and get their insight into the situation.

I am with you on this and all the other questions that were not asked from Kody.  

Watching all these One on Ones just proves Kody and Robin do not have to answer hard questions, so none were asked.  

He refused to talk about Robin and only gave Suki that weird, demented smile. Was not asked about ignoring Gabe's Birthday when Kody was paltering on about how his wives turned his children against him.  The list goes on.

Robin is just as bad and should lose her woman card for her insensitive comment about stretch marks and weight gain.  That comment was meant to be mean and a very low blow.

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Long ago, Robyn insisted on air that no, the wives don't discuss their relationships with each other nor does Kody bring issues with one wife to another wife because, you know, they don't want to meddle in each others' marriages.😇

However, Robyn has, unwittingly or not, revealed that there's a lot of kvetching that goes on, mostly from Kody regarding his "disrespectful" spouses (those who are NOT Robyn).

Not only has she revealed it, but both Janelle and Christine said straight out that Kody complained to them about other wives all the time.  So Robyn can quit lying anytime now.

• Like 9
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, altopower said:

That's what she's said when she had 3 sister wives. Now that they're gone, it's a whole new world. We'll see if she wants plural marriage enough to encourage Kody to marry at least one more wife. And hopefully being HBIC she can help the wives adjust, though I'm not holding my breath about that.

Agree! I think if she did, it would only be to keep the show/gravy train going for a few more seasons. After all, TLC dragged out dividing Coyote Pass for at least a season, Covid 19 for MANY seasons, Christine leaving for a whole season. A new wife or two could stretch this show into many more seasons. The last thing Robyn wants is to have to get a job.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, gaPeach said:

Robin is just as bad and should lose her woman card for her insensitive comment about stretch marks and weight gain.  That comment was meant to be mean and a very low blow.

Agreed. She's a huge bitch for the weight comment, and as someone else said, she has obviously not looked in the mirror lately. She's looking pretty husky herself but unlike Christine and Janelle, doesn't have the benefit of a pretty face. <wipes non-existent tears, examines eye product on fingers, big shrug with downward turned mouth >

Kody's pencil comment was absolutely appalling. So unbelievably crude. What is he, 14 ? His sons will NEVER talk to him again for sure now. So disgusting. 

I still wanna know what polygamist big wigs like Joe Darger and Brady with the 5 wives, think of Loser Kody now.

I think TLC should spinoff a show for the 3 OG. Yes, I'd even watch Meri. I do not think I will watch Kody and Robyn unless they get at least one new, younger, cuter SW. 

• Like 11
  • Love 6