Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E17: One on One (Part 3)

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Shauna said:

The look on Kody's face when Robyn says anything.  She could say the sky is black with pink stripes and he would nod yes and completely believe everything she says.  Robyn is the driving force for everything that is going on.  She feeds it to Kody, he believes it, and brings it to the other wives. 

And he thinks, and acts, like it was all his idea. I believe that's why he so vehemently defends her. He truly believes it's his idea.

• Like 7
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Most annoying comment (to me): “I don’t think Kody realises the shit that I am” — Meri.

What the hell does this mean?  She is calling herself shit? I must be way behind the times because I have never heard this expression.

• Like 1
  • LOL 14
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Most annoying comment (to me): “I don’t think Kody realises the shit that I am” — Meri.

I just can’t with this delusional dimwit anymore. We have a woman who thinks she’s the likes of princess Diana and that everyone should love her when in reality she’s a homely, bitter, uncultured, narcissistic potato — the opposite of the kind, caring, sensitive late princess. 

And she implied she still *might* be willing to wait it out. Like what, the very last choice for the kickball team because there’s no one else? Kody would still be like “that’s ok we’ll just play a person short, we don’t want that one.”

When will she ever see reality? Reality without stupid self-affirmations and platitudes?

Move on, Meri — 2 other wives have had the guts to take that scary step. For all the brave talk you do Meri, we hardly see any courage from you. In fact, Meri, your spirit animal is the Cowardly Lion — acts big until an actual scary situation presents itself. 

The lion did have pretty fur though.   Especially when he got the curls 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
3 hours ago, dariafan said:

The lion did have pretty fur though.   Especially when he got the curls 

Don’t forget the horse of a different color. 😁

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 2
  • LOL 4

I know there's been talk about why Robyn needs a nanny.  Someone on Reddit posted a video that showed her asking for help.  She got it and it looks like it (the nanny) stuck.  I could never remember why and how she got help.  The video showed her telling Kody that if she was going to be working on My Sister Wives Closet and have a baby, she would need help.  Well, she no longer has a baby to care for and she no longer has MSWC.  Does she still have a nanny?  If so, why? 

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I can’t believe Robyn sat there and said with a straight face that the other wives basically handed Kody to her.

And even if they had, Robyn should have refused to let him stay with her full-time.

She should have told him to work it out...right?

Did I hear this cretin say Janelle shouldn't have left? How dare he! Janelle is a grown woman who can do what she pleases. And when she says she's leaving because Kody neglects her kids (or whatever reason), then those are her reasons. Kody doesn't get to insist it's actually Christine's fault!

"I'm not blaming Janelle," says Kody, who screamed at Janelle and demanded she sit there and take it.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Like 23
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Chalby said:

And Kody screaming about his little ones could have died if they were being threatened by COVID.

How about when Truely almost died on his watch? 

9 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

My final thought on this season is that it was FUCKING RICH of Robyn to say that despite his other wives being overweight and having stretch marks, Kody stll managed to have romance with them. 

And the others don't have open accounts at Victoria's Secret! 

• Like 18
2 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

Several things:

• Kody's pencil remark was vile.  Yes, Gabe and Garrison had girlfriends who were isolating as well to reduce the risk that anyone would get sick.  They were working and going to school, not out partying with huge crowds every night of the week.  And by the time he shared his wacko rules, no one was wiping down groceries or changing clothes after going out.

I never understood this. What did he expect G and G to do? Quit their jobs? Quit school? Were they supposed to not work or go to school for 2+ years? so stupid. Also, stupid is Kody saying that his having Covid was a near death experience. Yes, for some people it is, but not Kody. He had a 99 fever and was NEVER even hospitalized. I had a family who was hospitalized for two weeks.

As, for Janelle, I wonder what she will do. Does anyone know where she is living in real time? Is she stiff in Flagstaff? I think it would be cool if she went to Utah and lived near Christine.

• Like 13
20 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Wait a damn minute here. Robyn said Kody had had wives reject him “affection-wise” because they didn’t like it or weren’t comfortable. “That’s not who they are.”

What does this mean? Is she saying that Kody wanted sexual acts that certain wives didn’t want to engage in? And how would she know that?

is she saying Kody wanted sex when wives didn’t and he felt rejected? Again, how would she know that?

Could she possibly be saying he wanted sex to procreate and other wives were like yeah, I think I’ve had enough kids and Kody thereupon felt rejection? Once again, how would she know this? 

I have a hard time believing ANY of this (with the exception of Meri/catfish.) Janelle has just recently said how good she and Kody were “in ALL aspects.” Christine literally peaced out on the marriage in large part because of the lack of intimacy. So what rejection is Robyn speaking of? Unless she was specifically and only talking about Meri as the “wives” that rejected Kody. 

Yeah that seemed really odd to me too.  The only thing I can think of that maybe relates to this is that episode where Janelle and Kody had gone camping somewhere and Janelle was saying she wasn't comfortable being very touchy feely and saying Kody didn't like that because he didn't feel loved.  So I think Janelle was saying it was something she was working on.  I think it would maybe have been in season 1 or 2?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

So I haven’t been on here in so long that I gave up trying to recover my og password and email so I had to create a new account to come and shout instead of screaming at my TV rather than just screaming. (Enya Face here! Hi!)

I hate this host. I’m surprised there were any shots where her hands were visible since her fists were so firmly lodged in Kody and Robyn’s assholes. I’m just gonna refer to her as “colon tickler” from here on out.

Kody and Tomahawk had me SO FUCKING FRUSTRATED that I literally had to turn off the show. I couldn’t. 

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, procrasstinator said:

Yeah that seemed really odd to me too.  The only thing I can think of that maybe relates to this is that episode where Janelle and Kody had gone camping somewhere and Janelle was saying she wasn't comfortable being very touchy feely and saying Kody didn't like that because he didn't feel loved.  So I think Janelle was saying it was something she was working on.  I think it would maybe have been in season 1 or 2?

I actually re-watched that episode not to long ago. Kody wanted to buy new sleeping bags but Janelle refused to spend money (has nothing to do with the topic here but I noted it).

So, Janelle said she wasn’t comfortable with PDA because when she first married him, Meri 🙄 was all over him all the time and she just learned to step back.

So what would Robyn’s solution to that have been had she been wife #2? I think either she or Meri would have ended up in a body bag. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 10

A commercial I saw at some point in the evening on TLC for a new show coming out got me thinking. Kody said that Meri was free to find another man so maybe he's looking to do a crossover with this new show "Seeking Brother Husband"??

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
46 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Kinda rich of Robyn to say the other wives needed to put an effort into their marriages when she herself is divorced from her first husband. Did she give up on putting an effort into that marriage?

This is exactly what I keep thinking each and every time she spouts off about how whichever wife and Kody just need to communicate, just need to work through it, just need to go to therapy, etc.   We've seen the absolute farce of Kody in therapy.

Though I doubt it will happen, I really would like to see Kody to take another wife of child bearing age and see what that would do to Robyn's world.

• Like 13
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I'm just watching this now so haven’t read the comments yet. Janelle has always been my favorite and she didn’t disappoint tonight. No tears. She sees this for what it is and can laugh about the absurdity of It all. Best line of the night was “kiss the ring”. That says it all in 3 words. 

i wish her and Christine and all the kids the best and would definitely watch a show about them. meri (and Leon) have always been entitled bitches so have no desire follow them. 

As for Kodouch and Sobyn, you got what you wanted. Let’s see how that works out for you. They deserve each other. Let’s see what happens if they lose this show. Sobyn may have to give up her macmansion. Wonder how moving back to a trailer will suit her. 

Hope that Christine and Janelle get back the money they sank into Sobyns house and prarie dog pass. 

• Like 16
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

It was touchingly sad when Christine said she had never seen soul mates before, didn't even know it was possible, and when she saw Kody and Sobbyn together she knew it was different and that she didn't have it.  I hope she finds her.

I would think her kids’ marriages were also indicative of what she didn’t have.

• Like 20

I thought Christine's comment about never seeing soul mates was odd. She lives in a primarily monogamous world. She has friends and relatives in happy marriages. She watches TV and is obviously on the internet. So Christine, at age 50, has never seen soul mates? It reminds of when she said she "just now realizes dads did Halloween with their kids". It took leaving Kody for her to notice the dads trick or treating with their kids? How does that make any sense?

I guess I get the sentiment and the messages she's trying to send, but they sound off or even untrue in the way she shares them.

• Like 10
20 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I thought Christine's comment about never seeing soul mates was odd. She lives in a primarily monogamous world. She has friends and relatives in happy marriages. She watches TV and is obviously on the internet. So Christine, at age 50, has never seen soul mates? It reminds of when she said she "just now realizes dads did Halloween with their kids". It took leaving Kody for her to notice the dads trick or treating with their kids? How does that make any sense?

I guess I get the sentiment and the messages she's trying to send, but they sound off or even untrue in the way she shares them.

I live in a monogamous world and have never seen a soul mate relationship.  I’ve known about the concept almost all my life.  I’ve never seen a relationship between two soul mates ever and I’m 58.

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2

Just looked at my recording list.  I have Comcast and I have no record of the show last night.  All these errors should really kill the ratings, not that there’s anything wrong with that.  I can always try on-demand, but I just don’t know if I care enough.  Nothing for 90-day either.  Must be a TLC screwup that everything is missing.

Edited by b2H
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Agree about Meri. Christine’s house though, was 2,400 square feet. Opinion varies, to me that wasn’t over the top at all. 

Yes, I'm not bothered by that. It was a 3 bedroom house that she heated with a pellet stove.

• Like 11

Wait a damn minute here. Robyn said Kody had had wives reject him “affection-wise” because they didn’t like it or weren’t comfortable. “That’s not who they are.”

I think it could have been something as minor as Kody wanting to get his pencil wet one night with Christine or Janelle and whichever unlucky wife he was with wasn't feeling well or had a headache or had three vomiting children to tend to. I think Kody is one of those guys who think wives should always be ready for sex when their husbands want it. I'm willing to bet he thinks of it as their "wifely duty" even if he doesn't say it aloud.

Just one of the many ways that Robyn treats Kody like her number one customer.

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

I think the ‘affection’ comment dates back to the wives not  showing PDA in front of the other wives as a matter of courtesy and to avoid jealousy. Obviously Robyn doesn’t follow that. 

Counselor Robyn should really stay out of the other marriages. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 22
On 1/8/2023 at 11:09 PM, Irate Panda said:

Treat him like your best CUSTOMER?? Bitch, are you a prostitute??? Oh yeah I forgot Robyn said prostitutes are cheaper.

That is exactly what the hooker in Biloxi Blues said about her husband being her 'best customer'! 🤣

How strange that Sobbin would put it that way..maybe not.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 7
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don’t think she just noticed-I think she’s saying that seeing Kody and Robyn together from the beginning -which is at least 12 years ago at this point-is when she realizes she didn’t have the same type of love with Kody  as Kody had with Robyn. Christine was a pretty sheltered person prior to the Las Vegas move so I could see Kody and Robyn together really feeling eye opening to her.

• Like 23
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don’t think so- 1. Most people are pretty oblivious to a life that is not their own. Unless one makes effort, it’s very easy to assume everyone is mostly “like you” even if surface things are different. 2. Knowing something exists is very different than seeing it intimately day in and day out.  My Mom is 74 and makes comments like that “I didn’t notice xyz.”- I could see her making a comment like that about Halloween (not that she doesn’t know there are exceptions to things, she’s talking about social trends) she’s not paying attention to other people.

11 hours ago, procrasstinator said:

I live in a monogamous world and have never seen a soul mate relationship.  I’ve known about the concept almost all my life.  I’ve never seen a relationship between two soul mates ever and I’m 58.

11 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Only in romance novels.  The rest of us live in the real world  of imperfect human beings and toothpaste tube and toilet roll arguments along with paying the bills and being too tired to cook supper.  

Yeah- my non partnered self over here has certainly seen in my life, some people be very good, loving, considerate partners to each other. However that doesn’t mean they meet the “soul mate” idea, that they couldn’t have formed such a good partnership with someone else if the situation presented itself. 

Also, again, seeing a couple interact in public or even “one side” (if you’re good friends with one of them) isn’t the same as living with them and watching them interact day in and day out. Christine saw Kody and Robyn interact for YEARS, and having also had a relationship with Kody Christine had something to compare to. I get she was saying. 

• Like 14
  • Love 1