Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E09: A Polygamist Divorce

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

That said, somebody please remind Meri of her emotional affair and the fact that she was so ready to walk out the door and leave them all in the dust if her catfisher was real. Why won't any of them say that?

TLC script writers are saving that for when ratings start to tank.

8 minutes ago, ezzy4 said:

don't blame Christine for staying quiet.  What is there to say to that level of craziness? 

Always best not to poke a bear.

• Love 11

Maddie is 27 years old, last year she was 25/26.   She’s not a child.  neither were Janelle’s  offspring that Christine called.    The conversations I have with adult offspring is a lot different than I have with children.  My adult offspring have serious discussions with me about my life, their grandparents etc.   I can totally see how a conversation could have  gotten around to Christine’s unhappiness.  

Christine did indeed  say that her children should move out once they left school. Aspen was welcome back to her home  after she chose not to live in the dorm… she chose to spend  the summer at Robyn’s instead.  Mykelti was then living in an apartment with Aspen and chose to drop out of college and move to Utah. Pardon chose to go to the National Guard. Ysabel and Gwen were welcome to live at home while they went to college. Ysabel chose to go to NC, Gwen chose to move out. 
Did I ask my kids to leave at 18- no, they were in college.  Did I let them know they were expected to get jobs and places to live after they got a college degree?  Yes I did. 

Plus as others have said - Kody was on board with the move out at 18.  He certainly didn’t tell  any of his OG children they could stay living at home.   In fact he’s on film ordering  Janelle to kick out Garrison and Gabe. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9

As somebody who insisted that his wives do not compare their marriages, he really loves comparing the children and family units. 

I can't imagine being a non-Robyn child and hearing my father on national tv talk about how much better his family is at Robyn's.  It's so F%&ked up! 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 11
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Right, and can you help me recall, for comparison purposes, what did the sister wives say to Meri when they were in a restaurant and Meri told them she thought of not going back?  I can’t recall her exact words, but it was after the Catfish….they were out of town I think.  

I don't remember what they said. I do remember the look of shock on all their faces. They were out of town and were at a restaurant when Meri sprung the news on them. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Meri: What am I supposed to say? "Congratulations, you're leaving the family"?

Me: That's what I'm saying. I recommend that, and then, "I'm also leaving the family."

Kody: What did Christine do, so Truely's okay with the divorce?

Me: Nothing. Truely isn't stupid. Not that you would know.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 10

I was watching in disbelief as Robyn and Kody furiously vented about Christine destroying the family cohesiveness, but in the next breath Kody is urging Meri to leave, stating he's fine with that. Even Robyn was asking why she stays... Maybe Christine brought in more family income than the others? I just don't understand the rage.

• Like 9
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Maddie is 27 years old, last year she was 25/26.   She’s not a child.  neither were Janelle’s  offspring that Christine called.    The conversations I have with adult offspring is a lot different than I have with children.  My adult offspring have serious discussions with me about my life, their grandparents etc.   I can totally see how a conversation could have  gotten around to Christine’s unhappiness.  

Christine did indeed  say that her children should move out once they left school. Aspen was welcome back to her home  after she chose not to live in the dorm… she chose to spend  the summer at Robyn’s instead.  Mykelti was then living in an apartment with Aspen and chose to drop out of college and move to Utah. Pardon chose to go to the National Guard. Ysabel and Gwen were welcome to live at home while they went to college. Ysabel chose to go to NC, Gwen chose to move out. 
Did I ask my kids to leave at 18- no, they were in college.  Did I let them know they were expected to get jobs and places to live after they got a college degree?  Yes I did. 

Plus as others have said - Kody was on board with the move out at 18.  He certainly didn’t tell  any of his OG children they could stay living at home.   In fact he’s on film ordering  Janelle to kick out Garrison and Gabe. 

This post reminds me so much of my young adulthood. I was 20, going to a community college where I wasn't doing particularly well, working a fulltime job and was engaged. My dad and I were outside clearing off some land one day and he looked at me and said, "Son, you're 20. When do you think I could plan on you packing your shit and moving out of my house?" 

I started looking for a place the next week, got married, and moved out. There's certainly a time where you need to cut children loose and times where you need to offer them a place. I don't think Kody understands that, as he's on film (once again) being a raging asshat. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I was watching in disbelief as Robyn and Kody furiously vented about Christine destroying the family cohesiveness, but in the next breath Kody is urging Meri to leave, stating he's fine with that. Even Robyn was asking why she stays... Maybe Christine brought in more family income than the others? I just don't understand the rage.

My personal opinion on this is simple: Robyn doesn't like that Meri is constantly making comments about wanting Kody back in a sexual way. She can't believe that Christine would want out even though Kody won't touch her, so Robyn doesn't mind her staying around. I'd be shocked if he and Janelle had touched each other in any non-platonic way in years. Meri's comments about trying to get Kody back into an intimate relationship with her must drive Robyn nuts.

She came into a plural family and immediately got all the benefits of a monogamous relationship. She was the wife Kody wanted to be around. Her kids were the ones who mattered (they moved to Flagstaff because of them), and she basically just had to deal with the "ex-girlfriends." If one of my exes was hanging around talking about wanting to bang me, my (sweet) crazy southern wife would go upside her head.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, dariafan said:

Who do I need to go beat with a shoe??  With a brick attached maybe.   

I left him 26 years ago, put 400 miles between us. He died in 2020. I'm safe, but I still get triggered, and I can spot it. 

I appreciate the offer of a brick beatin' though. 💋 

Edited by Art Of Noiz
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 8
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I don't remember her saying that but in What context was it said? Many parents say that they willl not let a child live at home after 18 if they are not in school or working. I doubt seriously that she would throw one of her children out of the home when they turned 18.  She told Kody that she was thinking about not selling the house but leaving it so Gwyn to have a place to stay and to rent out to her roommates. I also remember her saying she didn't want Gwyn to feel abandoned by her moving to Utah. 

Christine in no way comes across to me as an unconcerned parent. Kody holds a lock on that title.

Christine DID say this while living in Las Vegas, when Aspyn and Mykelti had moved into an apartment for college.  Christine said once they moved out, they couldn’t move back in.  Both Aspyn and Mykelti moved in with Robyn at various times.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Robyns definition of divorce if you are a polygamist woman:  go out and fuck someone else. Your husbands double standard will have him throwing you out on your ass.

What kind of fucked up thing was that to say?

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Meri saying in regards to Jen that it feels nice to matter to someone broke my heart. I wish she would stop clinging to a family that doesn't care about her.

Janelle saying Robyn's kids are included because everyone hangs out on Christmas day is ridiculous. There are definitely alliances and cliques among the kids. Even Paedon admitted on social media that he was purposely rude to Robyn's kids.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I really think she’s done with Kody even if she doesn’t declare herself divor

I 100% agree with this! I think Janelle is done but is just going to go on living her life as it is. Why go through the trauma of divorcing, like Christine is, when you can just go live your life without all of these whack jobs?? 

Here are my questions from tonight: do you think Maddie is still close to Kody? Which 3 kids of Janelle's and which 3 kids of Christine's was Kody implying are close? I thought Paedon got along with his siblings??

• Like 3
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, MamaGee said:

I 100% agree with this! I think Janelle is done but is just going to go on living her life as it is. Why go through the trauma of divorcing, like Christine is, when you can just go live your life without all of these whack jobs?? 

Here are my questions from tonight: do you think Maddie is still close to Kody? Which 3 kids of Janelle's and which 3 kids of Christine's was Kody implying are close? I thought Paedon got along with his siblings??

I don't think Kody has the slightest idea what's going on with any of the non-Robyn kids. So he's trying to minimize other family relationships as a form of gaslighting. And to make himself look like the victim. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, Kellyee said:

For as much as everyone says Christine is the best parent of this bunch, 3 of her daughters (Ysabel, Mykelti, and Aspyn) had to escape her for a time. And both Mykelti and Aspyn (if I remember correctly) fled to Robyn's house. Not Janelle's. 

I find it really interesting that Christine's most vocal supporters appear to be Janelle's kids, not Christine's own kids. 

Robyn had more room at her house than Janelle did when Aspyn lived with her in Vegas. Mykelti moved in to help poor Robyn before they ever moved to Vegas. Ysabel is probably going to help Maddie, too. I don't see that as escaping. Maybe getting some distance but not "I have to get away from my mom!!"

I don't think we've heard Janelle's kids say they care one way or the other about Christine leaving.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, MamaGee said:

I don't think we've heard Janelle's kids say they care one way or the other about Christine leaving.

Almost all of the kids are grown and out of the nests so I'd be surprised if any of them are upset about Christine leaving. They have their own relationships with each other and with the Moms that aren't dependent on where she actually lives. And they've seen the way the Moms were treated by Kody over their growing up years. They're not planning on living in polygamy and my guess is they would support her leaving.

• Like 5
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Chalby said:

Or, sadly, the cold biologic truth that Christine has more children (hence, the goal of larger family).  Meri had the one who is no doubt a disappointment to Scroty. 

2 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

"Son, you're 20. When do you think I could plan on you packing your shit and moving out of my house?" 

That sounds harsh though.  Did it hurt?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ezzy4 said:

^^^ this ^^^^

Robyn is just so so bizarre.  Can you imagine have someone (anyone) come to YOUR house to loudly declare they know more about YOUR marriage than YOU do?

I don't blame Christine for staying quiet.  What is there to say to that level of craziness? 

Thinking about Sobyn’s reaction, it was a sincerely cult response to tell Christine she was lying, in the face of Sobyn’s successful relationship with Kotex.  She is no more convinced of Kotex’s responsibility in this than a Koresh member or Jim Jones member would be convinced of their leader’s responsibility.  

We see it as heinous because we aren’t cult members, but Sobyn is in for a penny, in for a pound.  The others, not so much.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

It took a great deal of fortitude and self control for Christine to sit and listen to Kody and Robyn berate her while not losing her cool and temper.  But she has the pleasure of knowing that Kody and Robyn made asses of themselves and showed the word what liars they are. And knowing that she was going to have a happier life away from this circus.

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
  • Love 9

Each episode makes me detest kody robyn and meri more. Didn’t think that was possible. 
Why don’t we ever see kody and sobyn’s little army of kody worshippers anymore? What’s going on with the older three I wonder  Strange  

Kody couldn’t care less about Christine or any of the not Robyn’s kids  I believe his fury is because he no longer has control over his cult, and this will probably signal the end of the TLC gravy train. Who will watch an hour of him sobyn and meri each week? Not me  

i wish Christine a very happy new life without the toxic trio  I’ve always liked Janelle and her kids too  She’s fine without Kody and seems happy out there in prairie dog country.  I’d be happy to watch a show featuring Janelle and Christine and their kids  

• Like 5
  • Love 7

I don’t understand Robyn’s assertion that Christine won’t really be divorced until she has sex with another man. I thought their beliefs meant no sex before marriage, and how can one get remarried if they aren’t technically divorced yet? 

I agree with others here that Christine showed grace and restraint during the with Kody and Robyn. I don’t know that I would’ve been able to do the same if someone called me a liar and tried to rewrite the history of my marriage.

Christine may not be a model parent, but I do believe she tried to raise the kids the best she knew how given her own upbringing. I think many things built up over the years and finally something snapped.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, magemaud said:

It looked like he was auditioning for a small town theatre production of a Shakespearean tragedy, especially with the dramatic “All that I have done...WASTED! Oh yeah, and the “knife in the kidneys” tirade...

(Which is where I burst out laughing.) 

I didn’t laugh because I thought it was a cruel thing to to say to Christine.  However, I agree with you about the small town theater.  I came here to say the same thing.  We know he loves attention, that would be perfect.

Look at how he behaved at that wedding reception, we was the center of attention, not the bride and groom.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Christine and Janelle need to Thelma and Louise it into the sunset.

Meri needs to take her dead hedgehog head and move into Walt Disney's private apartment.

Robyn can take several seats with her "Christine isn't divorced until someone else takes her cookie" nonsense and then following that up with an "BUT I DON'T KNOW" innocent shrug.

Kody is a fucking chuckledick.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I will say it's amazing to me that these adult kids all have such "healthy relationships" after witnessing such unhealthiness all these years. Of course no one truly knows what's going on behind those doors. I found it sad that Ysabel - an 18 yo - said that the thing she was most excited to do was to go to NC and see a "healthy relationship." That's sad for so many reasons. 

Ysabel and Truely both echoed Christine about healthy relationships.  "Healthy relationship" replaced "intimate marriage" or "functional marriage" from the beginning of the season.  (Christine reprised it in this episode, I believe.)  

When I heard Ysabel address Maddie and Caleb's "healthy relationship," I immediately thought that either she parroted Christine or the mindset that a woman's value is to be a wife and mother is so ingrained in her, thanks to Christine.

Also, in an earlier season, Ysabel said that she wanted to go to East Carolina State.  Kody balked about the cost and distance.  Moving in with Maddie and Caleb seemed to be a way to mitigate college costs.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Polygamy failed. He failed. She left because of him. She left with all those relationships. She left with twelve children on her side. His entire family rock structure comes crashing down. And that is killing him.  .....

... He doesn't care about Christine. He cares about his ego.

I am taking my response to the Kody thread!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Chalby said:

That’s what I’m wondering.  I get that Kody is insulted, manhood damaged and authority diminished, but he was so done with Christine.  Where is the rage coming from?  I’d think he was relieved to stop having to pretend.  He’ll just have to contend with one more now, since he doesn’t even pretend with Meri any more.  Maybe, he’s mad since it wasn’t his idea.  Lol. I can’t help but wonder if it’s really about the money.  Desperation for money, i suppose could bring that kind of anger.  

• Like 5
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I get that Kody is insulted, manhood damaged and authority diminished, but he was so done with Christine.  Where is the rage coming from?

I think he's angry that his mask is starting to slip. He really thought he had presented a certain image to the public—and none of his wives presented a sweet, devoted plyg wife image like Christine did.

Seeing her now, absolutely refusing to engage him, and clearly done with him, has him unhinged.

I noticed the calmer she was, the angrier his response.

5 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

Christine, however, thus far has presented a master class in dealing with narcissistic abuse with her calm, measured, determination and lack of emotional reaction. Just let 'em rant and get it out of their systems. Don't engage. 

Yep. They'll tire out eventually. Just like a toddler having a tantrum.

• Like 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, eskimo said:

So who all wanted to fight Robyn this episode? 🙋‍♀️😆  Woman's got a lot of nerve. 

My hand couldn't go up fast enough to this!! As Irate Panda said in the Live thread, Robyn's mask slipped all the way off this episode!

• Like 1
  • Love 7
48 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Robyn doesn't understand it, either.

She just made that shit up.

Even if made up, how would Sobbyn know if Christine was ever with another man or not?  As if it was any of her business in the first dang place.   Stupid goiter gremlin.  

I had to laugh when Kotex said this "divorce" delegitimizes everything he worked for.  Really?  Got news for ya Kotex.  Your lifestyle was never even remotely legitimate in the first dang place.            

As for the "reason" Christine left his sorry hide....  I'd say it's a combination of so many things that nobody could even count that high.   One after another, after another until at long last, she couldn't find a single reason to "legitimize" any of it.  A dog deserves better than Kotex ever gave Christine.   I'm happy for her escape.   Late is better than never. 

As far as her saying it was for her kids...well...when you see her without Kotex, her interaction and happy relationship with her kids is a lovely thing.  I'm sure they weighed heavily in the kabillion reasons to leave that short-sighted, narrow-minded, abusive POS.   

You go with your bad self, Christine.  Run as fast as you can and don't look back.   I pray you find and marry a strong, kind and sweet man who loves YOU because you're you.   You deserve that kind of legitimacy in your life.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Granny58 said:

That sounds harsh though.  Did it hurt?

Didn't hurt at all, and I didn't take it harshly. My dad moved out two months after graduating high school and he and my mom married 6 months after graduation. To him, it just wasn't normal that I was 20, working full time, and not really doing anything with my life. The real deal breaker was when I came home with a $2,000 guitar and wasn't paying any bills except for my truck insurance and my cellphone. I'm an only child, and my parents were young when they had me (both 23). He was 43 at the time of the conversation, and was ready to move into the next chapter of his life that didn't involve another grown man living in his house. 

My dad and I are best friends, he was the best man in my wedding. That was just his way of pointing out that I was making good money, was an adult, and it was time for me to go on. Looking back, it was the best thing he could've done for me. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
On 11/6/2022 at 11:40 PM, suev3333 said:

Woo hoo!    That should be a real doozy watching Kodouche go off the deep end, ranting.  Can't wait til next episode! 🎉💥🎉💯😁

The storyline is working. Everybody is excited about Sister Wives!

Another season earned!  

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't remember what they said. I do remember the look of shock on all their faces. They were out of town and were at a restaurant when Meri sprung the news on them. 

If I recall (and sadly, I do) - Christine seemed genuinely surprised, Janelle asked if Meri would be back by Thanksgiving, and Robyn continued to slurp her soup.

13 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

He says he’s fine if Meri leaves.  She hasn’t left yet.  When she does, he won't be fine. The reason will be that it will be her idea at the time she actually does it. 

Even if Meri does leave, it won't be with the strength and poise that we've seen from Christine, it will be with copious amounts of pleading, begging, and orange-tinged tears from Meri to Kody.  I think what's infuriating Kody is Christine's unwillingness to play his game, whereas Meri would play any game Kody asked if it meant he might be willing to tolerate her presence.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4

Sobyn, you're giving me frickin' whiplash!!!  Which is it?  You said in the last episode that you KNEW Christine was troubled by Kootie's treatment of her, in Vegas.  Now you're claiming that you DIDN'T KNOW anything about that!  Bitch, you can't even keep your lies straight.  

The man-child that Christine USED to call 'wonderful' is now losing his shit over his lack of control with the most devoted wife he ever had.  Congratulations, he's ALL YOURS now, you conniving piece of crap.  You deserve to have all his crazy heaped on you, Sobyn.  Enjoy it.  Not.

• Like 3
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2

Truth be told Kody divorced them all once Robyn came into his life. 

Meri has been ‘divorced’ since she was catfished. 

I think Christine knew but loved Kody and had hope he’d love her again hence the therapist on their anniversary weekend.   Watching Kody and Robyn during Covid with nothing else to do was eye opening!

Janelle and Kody have been pals only for a long time. That’s enough for her to stay and collect the paycheck and be on the show!

They’re all divorced just taking a while to accept the situation as it is!

• Like 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, JayDub1987 said:

Didn't hurt at all, and I didn't take it harshly. My dad moved out two months after graduating high school and he and my mom married 6 months after graduation. To him, it just wasn't normal that I was 20, working full time, and not really doing anything with my life. The real deal breaker was when I came home with a $2,000 guitar and wasn't paying any bills except for my truck insurance and my cellphone. I'm an only child, and my parents were young when they had me (both 23). He was 43 at the time of the conversation, and was ready to move into the next chapter of his life that didn't involve another grown man living in his house. 

My dad and I are best friends, he was the best man in my wedding. That was just his way of pointing out that I was making good money, was an adult, and it was time for me to go on. Looking back, it was the best thing he could've done for me. 

Taking my response to small talk. 

17 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Robyns definition of divorce if you are a polygamist woman:  go out and fuck someone else. Your husbands double standard will have him throwing you out on your ass.

What kind of fucked up thing was that to say?

It did sound crazy the way Robyn explained it. I think I understand what she was trying to say.  When I was younger, I belonged to a very strict Christian religion and the only way to have a "scriptural divorce" was by infidelity by your spouse.  (This left me living with a horrible alcoholic for years, until I came to the conclusion life wasn't worth living that way.)  

But, as others have pointed out, Robyn is ignoring the fact that neither Christine nor Kody are practicing their religion (is she, for that matter?).  I'm so angry that she called Christine a liar regarding her experiences about her own marriage, yet this may be a good thing since we all got to see the true Robyn behind the curtain.  She's working overtime on her manipulations and she actually forgot she contradicted herself just last week when she said Kody and Christine's marriage wasn't good all the way back to Las Vegas.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12