Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E09: A Polygamist Divorce

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

After dropping off Ysabel in North Carolina, Christine tells her emotional sister wives that her house is under contract and she's moving to Utah in a week. Then, Kody reveals that he no longer considers himself married to Meri.

Air Date: November 6, 2022

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, maggiegil said:

At least Meri didn't pile on too (she saved her bile for the confessionals)

Meri didn’t say a word. She just sat there, stone-faced and scowling. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9

When Kidney is gesticulating, stomping and hair flipping, screaming his obviously rehearsed tirade, Christine's middle finger rests on the side of her face!! Love me some Christine! 💕 💕

kodwad? Love the little break in your voice. Does lil Bigdaddy wanna cwy?

• Like 3
  • LOL 13
  • Love 8

On a completely different topic, was Robyn wearing actual Tory Burch sandals or knockoffs? Because the originals are expensive...

you will have to see this person for the rest of your childrens lives

None of his children (except Robyn's) saw much of him while he was married to Christine. I can see Christine's kids drifting further and further from Kody and not really having much to do with him at all in the future. And he won't do anything about it except blame Christine for his own failures as a father.

What a bag of turds.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12

Christine handled all of the slings and arrows directed at her with more class and humility than I could have mustered.  Maybe knowing she was breaking free of that toxic "family" was what gave her the strength to sit there calmly and let that porch of piranhas unload on her.

Maybe she drinks. God knows I wanted to.

I'm undecided on Janelle. She looks like she wants to yell "Christine, I'm going too!" She just doesn't trust herself enough to pack her bags.

Maybe she is waiting to see how it all plays out with Christine - and also waiting to eke out another season by scheduling her departure a bit later.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14

Kody said "three of Christine's kids are close with three of Janelle's kids; that's it"

Which six are we talking about?

Also I have to call BS on Janelle. "They seem good at holidays" does not make them a "cohesive group."  You can be nice to people for Thanksgiving but never text or call.  

• Like 3
  • Love 14
12 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Kody said "three of Christine's kids are close with three of Janelle's kids; that's it"

Which six are we talking about?

Also I have to call BS on Janelle. "They seem good at holidays" does not make them a "cohesive group."  You can be nice to people for Thanksgiving but never text or call.  

I’m guessing Logan, Myketi, Asypn, (who grew up close together) Paedon and Garrison are a close group. I have seen photos that indicate Ysabel and Savannah  are close in a sisterly way. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

I realize this shouldn’t be funny, but I couldn’t help but laugh tonight. I just kept waiting for Kody to throw just a tiny little crumb Meri’s way, but noooooo….he would not throw even one crumb of hope for them reconciling!  Lol. Meri is delusional to see anything between them in the future,  I would think he’d give a little something just for show purposes, but he’s not even close.  I wonder what TLC says about that.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Robin mind your business. You and Codick decided to chat, and go "in" on Christine, guess what you look like a big fckn baby, and you re a total Narc. You aren't in the bedroom with Christine and Codazz, so you only know what Codus whines to you about. You two make me sick. I have more respect for Mari and Jannelle for being more respectful. You think it's easy to end a 27yr relationship (I wouldn't call it a marriage)? Who are you to say one single word to Christine, you self righteous, self serving, narcissistic, ass kissin witch. Keep your head up Codorks arse where it belongs. You aren't a scholar in the church you belong to nor is it your business what choices Christine makes, this is America and not a dictatorship as Cody so threatened to make it. Cody needs to concentrate on his mistakes in all his marriages, (except Robbing) and fix those. He bitchez about every one of his wives (except Robazz) and takes no responsibility for their breakdown on and his part in that. grow the hell up.

• Like 2
  • Applause 7
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, Onecattoo said:

5. Kodys derangement next week looks enjoyable to watch. 

Woo hoo!    That should be a real doozy watching Kodouche go off the deep end, ranting.  Can't wait til next episode! 🎉💥🎉💯😁

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, taragel said:

I love too how they don't consider the fact that the "kids" are all married and have two working eyes each and know what an at least somewhat healthy relationship should look like. And probably have seen the damn show.

I do wonder how much of the "reality show" dictates their own reality. It surely stimulates some family conversation! I don't buy that Christine wasn't talking to her kids about the state of her marriage. She for sure was. But I also don't buy that Robyn and Kody were so in the dark. They for sure were not.

I will say it's amazing to me that these adult kids all have such "healthy relationships" after witnessing such unhealthiness all these years. Of course no one truly knows what's going on behind those doors. I found it sad that Ysabel - an 18 yo - said that the thing she was most excited to do was to go to NC and see a "healthy relationship." That's sad for so many reasons. 

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 8
  • Sad 3
  • Love 16

I think "walls up" Meri is the only one being even close to real here. Warped and skewed maybe, but IMO, closer to the truth than anyone else in this episode.

• Nothing more needs to be said about the defensive lying assholes that are Robyn and Kody.
  • Janelle perpetually lives with one foot in denial and the other in the clouds.
  • And though likely not popular, IMO Christine is not being truthful anymore. She left Kody for a legit reason, so I don't know why all of a sudden she's playing the, its all about the kids card.
  • Ysabel wanted to get away from her mom. No kid at that age decides to move so they can be "around a healthy marriage".

On another note, I get really frustrated having to sit through an hour of 15 minutes of content.

• Like 7
  • Applause 6
  • Love 9

Robin saying that Kody and Christine went on "fun dates" in Vegas buried the lede. That was for a TV show! 

I remember another occasion, when Kody got Christine to agree to put wrestling mats in her garage. Under her breath she was bargaining with Kody saying she would do this if he agreed to come around more and see the kids. Sad. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think "walls up" Meri is the only one being even close to real here. Warped and skewed maybe, but IMO, closer to the truth than anyone else in this episode.

• Nothing more needs to be said about the defensive lying assholes that are Robyn and Kody.
  • Janelle perpetually lives with one foot in denial and the other in the clouds.
  • And though likely not popular, IMO Christine is not being truthful anymore. She left Kody for a legit reason, so I don't know why all of a sudden she's playing the, its all about the kids card.
  • Ysabel wanted to get away from her mom. No kid at that age decides to move so they can be "around a healthy marriage".

On another note, I get really frustrated having to sit through an hour of 15 minutes of content.

I think Christine is saying "it's all about the kids" because for me, I was in a relationship with a narcissist, and when I was  in it I did  not realize the harm being done to me because it  becomes normal after awhile, (and gasljghting is an oft used term but when it happens you question yourself all the time).  When I saw how it impacted my kids that gave me the strength to leave and realize what was happening.  I also think Christine was finally validated in her conclusions about her marriage by her kids telling her she had a terrible relationship, and  by Kody not showing up for Ysabel's surgery and ignoring the children. Look at the gaslighting and lies we saw on camera - imagine how terrible it was behind the scenes.  That happens often enough you question your sanity. So at this point it probably is legitimized as being "for the kids" for Christine, but we now see in the talking heads, filmed afterwards, that Christine realizes the full toxicity of Kody. 

I agree that the conversation should have been aired in full this episode. Seriously - did we need to watch Meri and her bff? That could have been edited out, but obviously the producers want us to keep tuning in. 

Edited by zamp33
fixing a sentence
  • Like 5
  • Hugs 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, zamp33 said:

I think Christine is saying "it's all about the kids" because for me, I was in a relationship with a narcissist, and when I was  in it I did  not realize the harm being done to me because it  becomes normal after awhile, (and gasljghting is an oft used term but when it happens you question yourself all the time).  When I saw how it impacted my kids that gave me the strength to leave and realize what was happening.  I also think Christine was finally validated in her conclusions about her marriage by her kids telling her she had a terrible relationship, and  by Kody not showing up for Ysabel's surgery and ignoring the children. Look at the gaslighting and lies we saw on camera - imagine how terrible it was behind the scenes.  That happens often enough you question your sanity. So at this point it probably is legitimized as being "for the kids" for Christine, but we now see in the talking heads, filmed afterwards, that Christine realizes the full toxicity of Kody. 

I agree that the conversation should have been aired in full this episode. Seriously - did we need to watch Meri and her bff? That could have been edited out, but obviously the producers want us to keep tuning in. 

In the first few episodes this season Christine was saying she wasn't going to stay in a marriage without intimacy and where Kody has a clear favorite. IMO, that is the real reason she left. Sure, she was pissed Kody didn't come for Ysabel's surgery, but I'll hazard to guess if Kody was sheltering in place at Christine's during covid, they'd still be married, even if he didn't go to the surgery. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

I have to watch the show this morning. I managed to sleep through the entire show only to wakeup duing the 18 commercials being shown at each break. Fell back asleep before the last commercial ended. Thank god for ff.

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Ysabel wanted to get away from her mom. No kid at that age decides to move so they can be "around a healthy marriage".

For as much as everyone says Christine is the best parent of this bunch, 3 of her daughters (Ysabel, Mykelti, and Aspyn) had to escape her for a time. And both Mykelti and Aspyn (if I remember correctly) fled to Robyn's house. Not Janelle's. 

I find it really interesting that Christine's most vocal supporters appear to be Janelle's kids, not Christine's own kids. 

I still say Christine wants to move to Utah, and that's her primary motivation for leaving Kody. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

I find it beyond sad and so, so selfish that Kody didn't go to Ysabel's surgery, but I also find it sad Christine turned it into such a big deal. Any mother worth her salt would have validated Ysabel's disappointment and then moved on. And most mother's would not say out loud that Kody's absence factored into her decision to leave him. Ysabel is still a teenager and is still too young to separate it all out. I'm guessing part of her, well into adulthood, will think she's part of the reason her mom left her dad.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Kody and Robyn could do what most divorced non-custodial parents do….have one of their  daughters share a room with Truely.    He’d has months between when Christine told him she wanted out and the point she moved to figure this out.  He hasn’t.  Because he doesn’t want to. 

Ysabel’s statement is interesting in that she doesn’t appear to be just including Kody  and Christine as an example of what marriage should not be. She’s also including the other three Kody marriages.    Otherwise she wouldn’t say that the healthy marriages are in Utah or NC. She’d have one to reference in Flagstaff. 

She also specifically references that the family hasn’t been together for two months since her graduation party.  Remember when this family did something  together every weekend when they lived in Utah? It is  August 2021 at this point.  Covid restrictions were lifted for gatherings much bigger than the Flagstaff Brown family. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Applause 1
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And though likely not popular, IMO Christine is not being truthful anymore. She left Kody for a legit reason, so I don't know why all of a sudden she's playing the, its all about the kids card.

Truth.  If that were the case Christine would have left after Kootie tried to off Truley when he ignored her illness. If my kid was hospitalized by neglect that would be an unforgivable offense.

• Like 9
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

In the first few episodes this season Christine was saying she wasn't going to stay in a marriage without intimacy and where Kody has a clear favorite. IMO, that is the real reason she left.

I think so too. Kody treated her and her (!) kids like shit for ages, but only when he told her there would never be intimacy between them again she chose to pack his stuff and leave. I mean, I get that. But it's not because of her kids. It never was.

Edited by Elodia
Wrote one"kids" too many😊
  • Like 3
  • Love 8

Each and every one of them is divorced. Christine is just the last to leave a situation she was extremely unhappy with. Between now and dead it wasn't how she wanted to live. Meri probably divorced against her will but ever the martyr she went along for "the family". They are hypocrites, well except Janelle because she seems to get it but they have all divorced and if I'm correct all those divorces were 'legal ones. So happy for Christine and can't wait for Janelle to complete her quiet quitting and head for the road or maybe Coyote Pass with a garden and a cure little house.

• Like 3
  • Love 7

I was happy to see Meri smiling and laugh with her friend; I hope she will move far away from Kody and Robyn. When I moved away for college I had zero thoughts about marriage or wanting to be around a successful marriage and my parents were divorced. Christine made it clear that she doesn’t want any kids over 18 living with her, so Ysabel would be gone either way. My unpopular opinion is that Christine doesn’t have a big attachment to her kids, not the way Janelle and Meri do.
I also found it weird that Christine made it a point to say Ysabel is close to Janelle’s daughters instead of saying Ysabel is close to her sisters, because they are her sisters even if “half”. I have a half sister and we just consider ourselves sisters because we were raised together. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, 65mickey said:

I maintain that Kody and Robyn are royally pissed because Christine took her money and didn't hand it over to them to pay off Coyote Pass of which Robyn and Kody own the lion's share. 

Although there could have been something in between that wasn’t filmed, it seems to me when Christine made the announcement she was leaving, the first thing Robyn asked was, “what about the property?”.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Wrapping up this shitstorm, Christine tells the gathering that things were bad between her and Kody as far back as Las Vegas, to which our resident Eyebrow Expert says, “that’s a lie!”

On the show last week Robyn and Meri have a sit down to discuss Christine and Kody. Did not Robyn say that she know that Christine was talking about leaving Kody before they moved to Flagstaff and that Christine hadn't seemed happy for a long time? Now who is the liar Robyn Robyn pants on fire?

• Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7

At this point in the timeline I don't know why Christine isn't telling them to fuck off already.  I get why she had to manage Kody in the beginning, but now?  She's all but gone, she needs nothing more from him and there isn't much conversation ledt to be had.  So when Robyn got outright bitchy Christine should have told her all kinds of things.  Kody has already dumped the kids so that's not an issue either. 

If it's not in her 'nature' (meaning 'keep sweet' cult raising), it is in mine and I'm more than happy to be her 'anger translator'.  Like Luther is for Obama on Key and Peele. 😆

https://youtu.be/-qv7k2_lc0M

Edited by eskimo
  • Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6