Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E06: Telling Truely

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, Endora said:

Loved Janelle throwing a little shade saying they have to rush everything they do so Kody isn’t away from Sol and Arie too long.  He also needs to get tested for C apparently every time he is away from Robyn and co.   Boy that Sol and Arie certainly are very special.  

I don't see how rushing home to test works with Robyn's protoculls.  Official protocols say to test 5 days after exposure because if you're incubating the virus, you may have a false negative test if you test too early.  Ideally he should rush home, isolate for 5 days and then test, but we (supposedly) saw him drive back from Janelle's Mom's funeral, stop by for a test (negative), then rush home and through the front door to hug and kiss his favourite children.  

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 14
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4

Something that concerns me about the RV is that it is in the middle of nowhere.  I think about the safety of Janelle and especially the young daughter who, at times, will be out there alone.  That's scary, to me, for both of them.  I also wonder how they will manage in that wilderness on heavy rainy days and once it begins snowing.  I think Janelle would be better served taking the money she spent buying the RV and using it to rent an apartment for the two of them, even allowing $$$ to rent a monthly storage unit.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Teafortwo said:

I noticed in one shot that Savanah was with them, so likely she and Janelle shared a bed for their one night at the BnB. 

The way Kootie was going on and on about how he would never stay in an RV and liked "MY room" in the BnB, I assumed Janelle & Savanah may have stayed in their rooms in the RV and Meri took pity on the patriarch and let him stay - for free with no breakfast - inside her BnB.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

Can someone tell me what Robyn's girls said about the RV?

One of the snots said Savanah's bathroom was only big enough for a foot wash.  I don't recall anyone being so disparaging during the family's multi-RV trip along Joseph Smith's heritage trail and the visit to Kootie's misogynist friend who Christine detested several years back. The kids all thought it was fun.  Sol & Ari hadn't been born yet but would probably enjoy a night in the bunkbeds or loft of Janelle's RV. Though one night, not a summer.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

The way Kootie was going on and on about how he would never stay in an RV and liked "MY room" in the BnB, I assumed Janelle & Savanah may have stayed in their rooms in the RV and Meri took pity on the patriarch and let him stay - for free with no breakfast - inside her BnB.

They didn’t have the slides out, and it was parked on the street, so I assumed  they stayed in the inn.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, suzeecat said:

I laughed at how Meri "graciously" let Janelle and Kody stay at the B&B "no charge", but NO BREAKFAST FOR YOU!!!  What a lovely hostess.  Not.  Gawd, when I have overnight guests, not only do I NOT CHARGE THEM, but I also make sure they have meals, snacks, etc.   And, although I know the answer, I couldn't help but wonder if Janelle and Kody slept in separate rooms.

I wonder if the producers are purposely editing Kody to make him look as horrible as possible, or if that's just what he gives them to work with.  He's coming across as a bitter, contradictory monster. 

And not even guests--FAMILY!

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

Can someone tell me what Robyn's girls said about the RV?

Aside from saying the bathtub was only big enough for a footwash, when they saw Savannah's room with the bunks, they asked if that room was for the dogs.

• Mind Blown 8
  • Sad 6
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, dotdot said:

Aside from saying the bathtub was only big enough for a footwash, when they saw Savannah's room with the bunks, they asked if that room was for the dogs.

Kootie responded that the dogs stay outside so that he can commune with his wife, though he also said he wouldn't stay in the RV.  Janelle said, No they don't stay outside (probably in Janelle's bed) and that her dogs and kids come first.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

First off, I have no sympathy for any of these adults. The kids, sure….but the adults walked into this eyes wide open. Second, I love how Kody walked right past Meri at the RV. He could not care less about her. She’s a total null set. I’m convinced when he looks in her direction he just sees an empty space. 

• Like 7
  • Love 10

Someone should have snotted back to the turds that at least the RV is paid for and not occupied by 2 turds that should already be out from under their mommas tits according to how Kodouche wants all the other kids out when they are 18. Or how all the older not snotty kids helped with the other kids and their moms didn't need a freaking nanny to take care of the youngins. 

What a bunch of snotty kids. Like really? 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12

Forgive me for posting before I read the comments.  My fervent wish for Kootie is having those 3 spoiled little bitches (Sobbyn, AROARa. and Breanna) drive him all the way into the lunatic he's become.  

It figures that Meri (former HBIC) and Sobbyn (ever after HBIC) would have birthed the most entitled children.  First spoiled rotten Snowflake Leo, and now Sobbyn's two oldest daughters.  Christine, HOW did you put up with the treatment you and your six kids got for over 25 years?  Clearly, Janelle doesn't and never did get too sick of how she was treated (well, maybe when she moved out temporarily.  She ended up coming back, and I can't think why.)

You missed the boat with most of YOUR kids, Kootie!  Just admit you were a complete failure at this bullshit polygamy, and you neglected your own children!  I'd never forgive you.

Edited by xwordfanatik
correct spawn to daughters
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Well since they moved to Utah what last year, according to Christine Truly is fine. She is back in school and thriving. She is where her mother is happy and she is surrounded by family who love and treasure her. Much better for Truly to be in a loving accepting enviroment than where she has to see her dad fawn all over Sol and Ari and ignore her. And to see her mom sad and unhappy. 

It’s wonderful, so Christine can stop worrying that she broke her heart.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, suzeecat said:

I laughed at how Meri "graciously" let Janelle and Kody stay at the B&B "no charge", but NO BREAKFAST FOR YOU!!!  What a lovely hostess.  Not.  Gawd, when I have overnight guests, not only do I NOT CHARGE THEM, but I also make sure they have meals, snacks, etc.   And, although I know the answer, I couldn't help but wonder if Janelle and Kody slept in separate rooms.

I wonder if the producers are purposely editing Kody to make him look as horrible as possible, or if that's just what he gives them to work with.  He's coming across as a bitter, contradictory monster. 

Of course you charge your husband for breakfast! That's Meri logic, just like you do so with your sister wife. What a loving tight-knit bunch they are, not to mention their united front as polygamy champions....

As for Kody's depiction as a bitter, contradictory monster: I doubt the producers are getting anything else than this cantankerous ass, so that's what they're working with. Happy, two-faced, deceitful, energetic and sort of occasionally caring surfer-dude died a long time ago....

I'm starting to feel sorry for the production team that has to fill about 45 minutes with this thrash....

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I cannot believe Kodouche has no idea why Ysabel won't open up to him. Did he really say he isn't an ogre??? Give me a break. He is absolutely delusional. He has to hurry back to Flagstaff and get a rapid test to be with Robyn and her spawn but he admitted he hasn't doesn't spend any time with Ysabel or Truley. Congrats Kody, you jerk-off. You are the most self unaware person on reality TV.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

Oh, I did notice one positive. Christine said Kody bought Ysabel’s a reliable car.  That’s a plus.  Even used cars with miles run around $30,000.  Even then, they were pricy. I don’t know how they do it financially.  Boggles the mind.  

• Like 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, dariafan said:

Robyn’s girls being so awful at the rv    I wanted to scream 

Yes!! What brats!! Do they not remember how, if this family hadn't taken them on, they would be living in a trailer?? Their "Ko-daddy" sure takes good care of them. I hope he doesn't find someone younger and prettier than their mom or they might lose their mansion. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 6

Kotex thinks Yasabel has been listening to Christine for too long and therefore she thinks he's an ogre.  He has never once considered what he's done.    Not once giving thought to how he's been treating Yasabels mother for years and years and how it may have affected his daughter and his other children.  No thought to his never being around her or her mom for much of anything, not even life or death situations.   Clueless dickhead.   Not a drop of introspection exists in his psyche.   Only blame and criticism toward others.   He apparently thinks his children are as stupid as he is.  

When he and Janelle we at the B&B he just sauntered on past Janelle as she was' trying to make her way down those wobbely, temporary steps of the RV without a glance.  No helping hand, Kotex?  Sore arm???  He'd havegiven one to Sobbyn I'll bet.   

I get that Janelle is the one who wanted that RV, and yes, she can do it herself when your manly-man self isn't around, but when you ARE there, the least you can do is help her.... or anyone else for that matter.   You know...pretend you care a little bit for someone other than your own damn self.  Try to remember that courtesy is something you just DO for others when you're able.   He's just SO disgusting.  Arrogant jerk..  

Janelle isn't fooling anyone.  She wanted that RV and is determined to keep it, so that when Savanah leaves Janelle will have a ticket to ride wherever and whenever she can find a campground.   Not my idea of a fun time, but it is hers, so good on her.  I wish her well.  Hopefully she can get away from him before he annihilates her self-esteem completely.   She really can't have much left, despite her grousing.  If she did, she'd have stayed gone the first time she left his sorry hide.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 12

Meri derived some pleasure from not serving Kody and Janelle breakfast.  😆 I’m not saying it was a must or even expected, but is she still Mormon?  Is she Christian?  I thought serving others was a teaching in this faith…..idk.  Odd.  She thought her play on words about what kind of arrangement she’d consider if Kody wanted a free room was pretty funny. She really is shameless with her horniness…..not that there’s anything wrong with that.  

• Love 4

This show seems so pointless. I mean we already know everything that is shown. We know Janelle moves out, we know Truly is fine and happy and content with the move. We know Kody is the worlds biggest tosser. We know Robyn is a needy cow. We know Meri is a miserable so and so... 

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, Pooky said:

This show seems so pointless. I mean we already know everything that is shown. We know Janelle moves out, we know Truly is fine and happy and content with the move. We know Kody is the worlds biggest tosser. We know Robyn is a needy cow. We know Meri is a miserable so and so... 

I agree.  This was filmed so long ago, and I can imagine Kody has a super tight rein on what is aired and when. 
I mean, 90 Day Fiance is airing now from June and July filming this year.  Sister Wives is from 18 plus months ago.  

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Annifran said:

Something that concerns me about the RV is that it is in the middle of nowhere.  I think about the safety of Janelle and especially the young daughter who, at times, will be out there alone.  That's scary, to me, for both of them.  I also wonder how they will manage in that wilderness on heavy rainy days and once it begins snowing.  I think Janelle would be better served taking the money she spent buying the RV and using it to rent an apartment for the two of them, even allowing $$$ to rent a monthly storage unit.

OMG totally my concern too ! It's one thing to have just a few houses scattered here and there, for a "rustic" look. But to have a single defenseless woman with a minor child in a non-permanent dwelling  in the middleofnowhere ? Are there animals that could cause trouble  ? Not to mention human criminals....I'd be terrified to be alone there.

Did Janelle say her family when she was a child stockpiled food in case of Armageddon  ? I thought she didn't grow up in polygamy. Or maybe she meant her mom only after she married Kody's dad.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Clearly, Janelle doesn't and never did get too sick of how she was treated (well, maybe when she moved out temporarily.  She ended up coming back, and I can't think why.)

Well for one thing, she got pregnant with Savanah while she was living away from the family.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1

Did anyone else catch a glimpse of Gabe outside the B&B? He was filming them. I noticed this because of his clothes - you see him later when he's helping Kody back up the RV at Coyote Pass. Red shorts and dark t-shirt. So he and Savanah both took the trip with Janelle and Kody to pick up the RV.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, Chris Knight said:

Did Janelle say her family when she was a child stockpiled food in case of Armageddon  ? I thought she didn't grow up in polygamy. Or maybe she meant her mom only after she married Kody's dad.

Stockpiling food and supplies is an mandate of the Church of Latter Day Saints, and I believe Janelle grew up in that church.  Church members do it individually, and the LDS Church does it corporately in storage facilities throughout the country.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

Janelle isn't fooling anyone.  She wanted that RV and is determined to keep it, so that when Savanah leaves Janelle will have a ticket to ride wherever and whenever she can find a campground.   Not my idea of a fun time, but it is hers, so good on her.  I wish her well.  Hopefully she can get away from him before he annihilates her self-esteem completely.   She really can't have much left, despite her grousing.  If she did, she'd have stayed gone the first time she left his sorry hide.  

I think Janelle may be a genius.  That is a sweet RV, and I can see a single woman and grown daughter living in it pretty happily; I assume that at some point Savannah will move out to live on her own.  All the shit that the family is spewing about ewww living in an RV may be camouflage for their envy.

You're right; Janelle now has the power to leave, assuming she gets hold of a truck big enough to haul her, and she doesn't have to worry about selling her house or breaking a lease to do so.  I don't think she cares about the food supply, either, and weeding her possessions down to live in the RV (although I understand that she's using storage units) will free her to take off in the middle of the night if she wants to.

That RV is nicer than a lot of houses I've been in, including my own.  I'm in a big house because I have too much shit.  I'd love to be able to leave it all, except my husband, Godzilla, of course, and just take off.

What a fuck you to Kotex this RV is!

• Like 9
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Christine, HOW did you put up with the treatment you and your six kids got for over 25 years?

That's why I have no feels for Christine whatsoever.  She DID put up with it, she allowed mistreatment of her kids for 25 years.  Just because she finally had the guts to pull out doesn't make her any kind of hero to me. 

And now suddenly she's so concerned about poor Truely (about something that happened, what, more than a year ago?) when the kid has been ignored by the sperm donor practically since birth.  Give me a break.  This is so transparently TLC plot driven for the sake of ratings.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I can imagine Kody has a super tight rein on what is aired and when. 

I don't think he does, I think hes an idiot and negotiated with TLC himself because I have never seen any other long running reality show where after a few years the stars aren't executive producers. The Browns are mentioned in special thanks on the show, they have no power IMHO.

Kody is no Kris Jenner

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5

IDK how Cody can think that Christine would stay as his wife, when he says he's not attracted to her and they haven't had sex in over 10 years..  That is not a marriage. That's a roommate . But they're not even roommates, because Cody lives with Robin.

II also think Cody pulls away as soon as they are no longer childbearing. 1st it was Mary, then it was Christine, I think he's pulled away from Janelle, and soon it will be Robin.  Robin may not realize it, but he'll be looking for younger women shortly if hes not already.

Also I think the final straw for Christine  was, when he wouldn't go for his daughter's surgery. I can't imagine a real father missing his daughter's surgery no matter what!You take precautions. I think it also separated his daughter from him very, very deeply.  Has he ever been vaccinated or boosted??

Edited by antfitz
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, MamaGee said:

Yes!! What brats!! Do they not remember how, if this family hadn't taken them on, they would be living in a trailer?? Their "Ko-daddy" sure takes good care of them. I hope he doesn't find someone younger and prettier than their mom or they might lose their mansion. 

Not to mention, if this family hadn't of come across Robyn, the oldest would probably be married off to some old crust, not to mention the next one would have been married off very soon. So these two girls need to quit being so damn snotty about other people's positions in life. 

And it seems to me that maybe that's the reason why Robyn's kids don't mesh with the real Brown kids because they have come off as that way to others. Meaning, that the clique that all of Jenelle snd Christine's kids have been accused of being was the other way around. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, nosedive said:

After Janelle listens to Kodouche's confessionals from this episode, and hears his complete and utter self-centeredness and disregard for the wellbeing of all and any of the non-Robyn "wives" and kids, if she continues to perpetuate her part in this sham of a relationship, I will have zero respect for her.  

On last season’s "Tell All", the host asked Kody if he was in love with Janelle and he responded that neither one of them would answer “yes” to this question if they were being honest.  He said that they are not in sync and do not partner well.  However, they are good friends and get along well.  Janelle agreed and said they are best friends.  Christine made a point of saying that Janelle doesn't need an intimate relationship with Kody to be happy.  So, it doesn't matter what Kody says, Janelle isn't going anywhere.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

Maybe it won't be for 2 more seasons, cuz we'll need to get thru how Christine manuerves herself away from the clan, but soon, please let's see a wigged out kody down 1 wife, maybe 2 if janelle is R-Ving around, start to court a new wife. Heee, oh Robin, tell us again how much sister wives et al mean to you.

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, MamaGee said:

I hope he does!

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

This mix of comments and reactions is hilarious. Everyone on Meri for daring not to serve Kody and Janelle breakfast. Yet in the same breath cheering for Christine who "accidentally" told Truly about the divorce without including Kody. This tracks since she had told the adult children before she even told Kody. LOL.

Every single "adult" in that family is throwing digs whenever they can. Some subtle. Some not subtle. But the digs are flying.  They are all performative. Christine's is the queen of one shoulder shrug shade. Janelle throws the upper cuts and yeah, Meri didn't make breakfast. She probably left out some day old muffins. Good for her.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I'm not sure the Browns are in debt. The question of income comes up all the time in the Duggar threads and at least a couple of times that I know of in the Bates threads. The common denominator between these three families is a reality TV show. All three families were living paycheck to paycheck prior to TLC and UP coming along - then they weren't. I'm going to guess the money is spread thinner among the Browns considering they are supporting 4 separate households rather than one large family, but I think these reality shows pay well. Pay well as in typical everyday people well, not Kardashian celebrity well.

It seems to me they pay well enough to save for the future too, as the Bates parents don't seem to be pinching pennies after their show was canceled and it seems likely the Duggars made enough to give their older kids a leg up in starting their own businesses. 

Not that I think the Browns are financial wizards or even financially responsible, but I think between the MLM jobs, Kody's "book" sales and TLC, they have more than enough money - at least for now.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
13 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh, I did notice one positive. Christine said Kody bought Ysabel’s a reliable car.  That’s a plus.  Even used cars with miles run around $30,000.  Even then, they were pricy. I don’t know how they do it financially.  Boggles the mind.  

Lots of people pretend to have a very luxurious lifestyle but have multiple creditcards, financed cars, computers and phones and often several extra loans to pay for the rest. It's so easy to pretend to be wealthy when you are actually quite poor. I firmly believe that the Browns have a lot, but own very little....

12 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I agree.  This was filmed so long ago, and I can imagine Kody has a super tight rein on what is aired and when. 
I mean, 90 Day Fiance is airing now from June and July filming this year.  Sister Wives is from 18 plus months ago.  

Big mistake! Especially with the power of internet/social media.People know Mykelti is expecting twins soon and would love to know how she's doing, but instead we get to see the birth of Avalon?? The same goes for TLC's "major scoop" about Christine leaving. Really? It was all over the internet when it happened.  It gives the viewers another reason not to watch. We already know so why should we tune in?

Edited by LilyD
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3

Good points above about credit and realty tv income, but it still seems like a lot of overhead for a lot of people for them to be able to have $30,000. laying around or even the available credit when you’re overextended on debt already.  Plus, Kody had also just purchased his brother’s truck.  

Does anyone recall how much flour Janelle said they purchased at once?  Where did they keep it?   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1

A reliable car doesn’t have to cost $30,000. We have no idea what he bought or how much he paid.    However, we do know he bought his sister in laws’ truck and a car a year after Christine was begging for  money for Ysabel’s surgery.  
We can also speculate that he bought the car thinking Christine’s profit from the sale of her house would be coming back to him toward Coyote Pass.  

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
18 minutes ago, Libby said:

Kody keeps trying to get the upper hand. Nothing he's trying is working. He has manipulated Christine for over 25 years. Kody can't believe that he can't do it anymore. It's driving him crazy. It's a joy to watch.

Christine knows him inside out and how to handle him. He's never really known who she is, just what pigeon hole he put her in, so he's getting outplayed when he tries to manipulate her. It's delicious.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 15
On 10/16/2022 at 11:58 PM, Elizzikra said:

LOVED that Christine asked if Truely would have her own room there since all of Robyn's children have their own rooms. 

I wanted Christine to say "Truely could take Robyn's spare gift-wrapping room in the East Wing, down the hall from the theater and through the library" or something like that, just to be snarky.  But seriously, how many bedrooms does Robyn's mansion actually have, if each kid has their own room and there's potentially a room just for Truely?  That alone would be seven bedrooms.  That's insane.  But I don't doubt it.

On 10/17/2022 at 8:21 AM, dariafan said:

Kody complaining about the rv so much.  I think it’s because he would have nowhere to hide in there.  He would have to engage somewhat.

Exactly.  He kept talking about how the RV is "teeny-tiny."  It's not.  A tent is teeny-tiny.  This thing has two bedrooms and two bathrooms.  I think Kody is confusing one teeny-tiny thing for something else altogether.

18 hours ago, deirdra said:

Kootie responded that the dogs stay outside so that he can commune with his wife, though he also said he wouldn't stay in the RV.  

THIS is Kody Brown in a nutshell - "You have to do things my way in order for me to allow you to momentarily bask in my presence, but even if you do everything exactly as I ask, I'm not going to do what I promised anyway and I reserve the right to change my rules at any time."

Janelle may have laughed off Kody's comments about her dogs staying outside (outside - on a plot of land called COYOTE Pass) but as of the previous episode, she was filmed asking him if he would still stay with her in the RV, so she's not as la-di-da about it as she seems.  Until she drop-kicks her hunky ponytailed surfer man to the curb for treating her sons like garbage, she can go jump in Prairie Plague Pond.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

First off, I have no sympathy for any of these adults. The kids, sure….but the adults walked into this eyes wide open. Second, I love how Kody walked right past Meri at the RV. He could not care less about her. She’s a total null set. I’m convinced when he looks in her direction he just sees an empty space. 

Completely agree about all of the adults.  I don’t have sympathy for any of them, including Christine.

You’re right!  Kody only turned back to hug Meri because the cameras were running.  

• Like 7
  • Love 1