Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E06: Telling Truely

• Start Topic

My parents did buy me my first truck (an older used truck from a guy my dad worked with) because I lived in an area that had no public transportation. No bus, no trains, and the only "taxi" service was this one old guy who drove around in a mini-van and took old people to the store. Not sure what kind of area Ysabel is moving to, but if it's a small/rural area, there are still places that don't have public transport.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

I missed the part about Kody and Robyn going to an out of state wedding, or was this reported outside of the show?  In any case, I wonder if Kodyn required everyone at the wedding to be tested and/or vaccinated and/or quarrantined . . . ???

It was the preview for next week's episode. I'm not sure Robyn is going.

• Like 3
On 10/17/2022 at 11:04 AM, Cetacean said:

Well, color me cynical but I don't know why telling Truely about the pseudo-divorce is such a big damned deal.  Kootie has been largely absent from her life since Sobbyn andher spawn showed up on scene. At best, he's like a not-so-friendly uncle that shows up once in a while for a meal and a picture op.  I highly doubt his absence will change her life in any way except to be the possible subject of a custody battle for the sake of ratings.

The way Christine explained it was because Truely has talked about having friends who parents have divorced and probably got the whole parents fighting and all the other negative things about "divorce" from a child's perspective. So Christine wants to "break it to her gently".

After Christine had to tell Truely because she overheard her say she was excited to move, Christine said she just told Truely that they were already divorced so that Truely would have a closure and not hope that they would get back together or be stressed that they (Kody and Christine) would be fighting in front of her in ways that she had heard from friends.

Christine also asked her if she had even noticed that Kody had not been around as much or sleeping over and Truely answered "no". Which pretty much sums it all up.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:
On 10/19/2022 at 8:15 AM, 65mickey said:

I still don't get where she got her water from while living in it last summer. 

Companies deliver water to people who live where there are no water lines and have no wells they can use.  Speaking of, have these folks even tried to find water on the land that they can use for wells?  That's how many rural people do it. They don't have water lines from the city, they have wells.

Didn't they have a big tank of water delivered to the property a couple of seasons ago?  I thought they did.

Janell's camper has two large holding tanks (80) for gray water and one for black water.  
And a tank for fresh water that would need to be filled up.  The bigger issue is dumping the tanks especially the black water tank.  

A good generator will keep the lights on when solar is not enough. And water can be pumped through camper for use in shower or kitchen.  

The negativity from everyone is surprising and they obviously have no experience or knowledge of RVs.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

How large would a tank for clean water need to be and how often would it need to be filled up? I'm thinking of two people showering daily, cooking  washing dishes, brushing teeth and flushing toilets exactly long would a tank of water last?  I did not get the idea that the water in the large tank was suitable for consumption.

I don't know about negativity but of course there is going to be people myself included critical of Janelle's decision to purchase a 50K travel trailer to live in when it turns out that she spent maybe 3-4 months in it then stored it and now rents an apartment.  I don't know anything about living in a travel trailer but it seems like this one is more suited for vacation travel where you park in an RV camp and get your water and electricity at the camp site. I think it was a dumb costly move on Janelle's part. But this is par for the course with the Browns. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

At the time that Janelle bought the RV, she didn't want to buy her rental and she didn't want an apartment. She wanted to live on Coyote Pass. When she found herself between homes, she decided to try something to achieve her goal of living out there. It didn't work out, but she did get to live on the land for a little while.

She will either use the fifth wheel as a vacation home or she'll sell it at a loss. Either way, I think it was gutsy of her to go for it and try to achieve her dream.

• Like 7
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, 65mickey said:

How large would a tank for clean water need to be and how often would it need to be filled up? I'm thinking of two people showering daily, cooking  washing dishes, brushing teeth and flushing toilets exactly long would a tank of water last?  I did not get the idea that the water in the large tank was suitable for consumption.

They make tanks for potable water.  And you can go here for my magnum opus on water usage in an RV.  😵

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/108061-spoilers-speculation-and-social-media/?do=findComment&comment=7711449

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Kody, in his evolving "stages of grief," is now in the anger stage. Ohh, the gaslighting this episode: "Christine has her kids' ear all the time and she makes me out to be the bad guy. I don't have their ears all the time [BECAUSE YOU ARE NEVER THERE] so it's not MY fault that I don't have a close relationship with all my kids! Their mother poisons them against me!"

And then there is: "I can't stay away too long [from Robyn's house] because PEOPLE DEPEND ON ME!!!" However, didn't we hear that Kody is away from her house a lot of the time?  Hmm, what, exactly, is he doing during the waking hours of the day? We never hear about a job, an office, meetings, "work obligations." But yes, the PEOPLE who depend on him are his wife, her three teenaged and above-aged children, their two younger children who have a NANNY. Does not add up.

I don't understand how a polygamist divorces his/her spouse when the law doesn't recognize them as legally married. Why all the theatrics? Yes, Kody has children with Christine; she could get child support (I'm assuming) but certainly there won't be any "divorce agreement" drawn up when they were only spiritually married.

Very interesting that Christine is talking about not being a member of the Mormon Church any longer (side note: for several years now, they don't refer to themselves as "Mormons" or the church as the "Mormon Church" but rather that they are members of the Church of Latter Day Saints or the LDS Church; she has been separated from the faith, seemingly, for quite some time). Makes sense that she is questioning it all at this point. Do you remember when the family used to have "church friends;" conducted prayer in their homes, prayed for guidance with tough issues? That's all gone by the wayside now. The wives used to wear long sleeves under their t-shirts and longer skirts; now they all swear like sailors and trowel on the makeup. Kody shouldn't be surprised that his idea of being the patriarch of his doting family with the wives simpering behind him and meekly following his orders has been dead for years now.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 10/18/2022 at 3:08 AM, GeeGolly said:

Not that I think the Browns are financial wizards or even financially responsible, but I think between the MLM jobs, Kody's "book" sales and TLC, they have more than enough money - at least for now.

However, they have mortgages, loans on their lots, tons of property tax, numerous cars, rental properties, kids in college. I don't think it adds up- I think Kody is in the game of "robbing Peter to pay Paul"- borrowing against a heavily mortgaged house to pay for yet another rental or house, etc. Otherwise, I would bet that he would be starting construction on the dream compound he envisions- despite the fact that one wife has left, the other is doing her own thing and he's encouraging another to move back to Utah.

Leggings and energy drinks just don't bring that much income. Even with the dependents down to a handful, life is expensive. Utilities on at least 3 properties, etc- adds up quickly.

• Like 7
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Kody, in his evolving "stages of grief," is now in the anger stage. Ohh, the gaslighting this episode: "Christine has her kids' ear all the time and she makes me out to be the bad guy. I don't have their ears all the time [BECAUSE YOU ARE NEVER THERE] so it's not MY fault that I don't have a close relationship with all my kids! Their mother poisons them against me!"

And then there is: "I can't stay away too long [from Robyn's house] because PEOPLE DEPEND ON ME!!!" However, didn't we hear that Kody is away from her house a lot of the time?  Hmm, what, exactly, is he doing during the waking hours of the day? We never hear about a job, an office, meetings, "work obligations." But yes, the PEOPLE who depend on him are his wife, her three teenaged and above-aged children, their two younger children who have a NANNY. Does not add up.

I don't understand how a polygamist divorces his/her spouse when the law doesn't recognize them as legally married. Why all the theatrics? Yes, Kody has children with Christine; she could get child support (I'm assuming) but certainly there won't be any "divorce agreement" drawn up when they were only spiritually married.

Very interesting that Christine is talking about not being a member of the Mormon Church any longer (side note: for several years now, they don't refer to themselves as "Mormons" or the church as the "Mormon Church" but rather that they are members of the Church of Latter Day Saints or the LDS Church; she has been separated from the faith, seemingly, for quite some time). Makes sense that she is questioning it all at this point. Do you remember when the family used to have "church friends;" conducted prayer in their homes, prayed for guidance with tough issues? That's all gone by the wayside now. The wives used to wear long sleeves under their t-shirts and longer skirts; now they all swear like sailors and trowel on the makeup. Kody shouldn't be surprised that his idea of being the patriarch of his doting family with the wives simpering behind him and meekly following his orders has been dead for years now.

I think Christine was never a member of the LDS, but Apostolic United Brethren church (AUB), a fundamentalist offshoot started by Rulon Allred, Christine’s grandfather. Rulon, btw was murdered by a rival fundamentalist group. He also had at least 48 children, so Christine’s extended family must be huge.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

Very interesting that Christine is talking about not being a member of the Mormon Church any longer 

Her fundamentalist church broke away from the mainstream Mormon church a long time ago, so she was likely raised from childhood to think they were completely illegitimate. So once she walked away from the fundie offshoot, where would she go?

I forget which daughter looked into going mainstream and was basically told they weren't wanted so long as the Browns were public.  That likely left even more of a bitter taste.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, kassa said:

I forget which daughter looked into going mainstream and was basically told they weren't wanted so long as the Browns were public.  That likely left even more of a bitter taste.

Not completely sure, but I think that was Maddie. It really does leave them nowhere if they don't follow the AUB and the mainstream LDS church won't let them join.

Edited by altopower
Originally said "come back" but most if not all of the Browns weren't part of the mainstream LDS church in the first place.
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
17 minutes ago, altopower said:

Not completely sure, but I think that was Maddie. It really does leave them nowhere if they don't follow the AUB and the mainstream LDS church won't let them join.

That's not terribly welcoming - to not allow an adult child of a family to join because of the parents' beliefs. Or was it Maddie's own participation in the show, as an adult, that was an issue? 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

They make tanks for potable water.  And you can go here for my magnum opus on water usage in an RV.  😵

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/108061-spoilers-speculation-and-social-media/?do=findComment&comment=7711449

Thanks for linking this. I guess i missed it when you originally posted. If I am reading this rcorrectly  you think that Janelle is having her 100 gallon fresh water tank filled at least once a week maybe more often. She did not do her research before buying this RV. She just went in blindly based on "I want it therefore I am going to buy it". Dumb dumb dumb decision. And the fact that she and Savannah left and rented an apartment after 3 months  proves that she had no idea what she was doing. . 

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

If I am reading this rcorrectly  you think that Janelle is having her 100 gallon fresh water tank filled at least once a week maybe more often.

I'm the one who fills her 100-gallon fresh water tank once a week, not Janelle.

I never mentioned this, but she actually has a 50-gallon fresh water tank on her trailer, which seems small on a trailer that has a 120-gallon gray tank and an 80-gallon black tank.  But lots of campgrounds have sites that have water hookups but no sewer hookups, and maybe it's designed for those.

Janelle had some big standalone water tanks placed on the property, and she draws (heh--drew) water from them.  I don't know if it goes into her onboard fresh water tank or just gets piped into the trailer directly, although it won't get an assist from the onboard water pump unless it's coming from her onboard water tank.  When you hook a hose up from a water spigot to the "city water" connection on a trailer, the water pressure from the spigot pushes the water into all the faucets, and a separate water tank could do that, but it would have to be up high (like the water tanks you see on top of buildings in New York City).

So I'm not sure what arrangement she had, but I'm positive it was well thought out.

There's a picture of the water containers here, in the spoilers thread.

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/108061-spoilers-speculation-and-social-media/?do=findComment&comment=7709447

And I have to say that if just switching over the water tanks involved that much drama, I don't hold much hope for her being able to set up and take down the trailer herself.  Let alone park it.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

What I thought that I got from your post was that you were guessing that  based on Janelle's gray water dump that she was using 150 gallons per week. I didn't know anything about those water tanks that they installed on the property. The only thing that we saw last year was the giant inground tank which someone said was most likely not for holding potable water. That's why I assumed she must be having more than weekly water deliveries. 

It doesn't seem like Janelle realized just how much work was involved in her Coyote Pass adventure hence the move to an apartment after 3 months. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

She did not do her research before buying this RV. She just went in blindly based on "I want it therefore I am going to buy it". Dumb dumb dumb decision. And the fact that she and Savannah left and rented an apartment after 3 months  proves that she had no idea what she was doing. . 

We really don't know if Janelle would have overwintered on CP. She could only get a 120 day permit to park the trailer there, after that she would have needed to put it on another piece of property with another permit. She chose to store it and get an apartment.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

We really don't know if Janelle would have overwintered on CP. She could only get a 120 day permit to park the trailer there, after that she would have needed to put it on another piece of property with another permit. She chose to store it and get an apartment.

Yes, people are being hard on Janelle.

She gave it a try. We don't know her financial situation or her future plans for the RV. We don't know if it's a mistake or not. Even if it turns out to be a mistake, who cares? People make mistakes. She gave it a go. YAY Janelle for trying.

Jeez, she's been navigating her way through this family for over 25 years. She knows her way with these people way better than we do.

I'm keeping the faith with Janelle.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, 65mickey said:

What I thought that I got from your post was that you were guessing that  based on Janelle's gray water dump that she was using 150 gallons per week. I didn't know anything about those water tanks that they installed on the property. The only thing that we saw last year was the giant inground tank which someone said was most likely not for holding potable water. That's why I assumed she must be having more than weekly water deliveries. 

It doesn't seem like Janelle realized just how much work was involved in her Coyote Pass adventure hence the move to an apartment after 3 months. 

I remember seeing pictures online where she had those large industrial size totes, filled with water.  The most common sizes are 275-33- gallons but you can get some that are up to 550 gallons.  I think she had two of them.  But the average person uses around 80 gallons of water every day.  They might have cut back on their usage, considering it had to be delivered often.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/18/2022 at 8:17 PM, Chris Knight said:

Yep, still waiting for my parents to buy me a car. I'm in my mid-50s

I’m in the same club. 😊

I get so pissed every time Douche head says something like Christine moved me out without asking. 

Seriously dumbass you get no say in a break up. Controlling asshole!

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 10/17/2022 at 4:23 PM, Quickbeam said:

First off, I have no sympathy for any of these adults. The kids, sure….but the adults walked into this eyes wide open. Second, I love how Kody walked right past Meri at the RV. He could not care less about her. She’s a total null set. I’m convinced when he looks in her direction he just sees an empty space. 

He walked by Meri like she was a lamppost, then when he finally stumbles out with a “Hi”, it’s given with the same enthusiasm he’d have if he just bumped into the desk clerk from the Motel 6 that he spent one night at 10 years ago.  Although he might have gotten breakfast or at least a cup of coffee at the Motel 6 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3

I really haven’t watched this in a while, but am catching up on this season.  Why in the world is Kody pretending he’s going to be “living”with Janelle in the trailer??  Everyone knows that’s all crap.  Listening to him talk about being comfortable at Robins so why in the world would be stay in the trailer with Janelle is setting up why he’ll never stay at the trailer- and it’s all Janelles fault. Why do these women stay with him??  I think what’s so frustrating for me is that they are all acting out their parts.  That and Kody is such an asshat

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
On 10/17/2022 at 5:41 AM, Kellyee said:

He means that Robyn will need to figure that out. Kody doesn't make any effort himself when it comes to his children. He has always had his wives to do that for him.

Robyn will pitch a tent in the yard for the girl before she asks any of her kids to double up for the weekend.  Robyn has five chidren; that's a 6 bedroom house. Sorry, Truly.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

Robyn will pitch a tent in the yard for the girl before she asks any of her kids to double up for the weekend.  Robyn has five chidren; that's a 6 bedroom house. Sorry, Truly.

Actually, I thought it was 7 bedrooms. And I don't think it's Robyn who wouldn't make the accommodation. I think it's Kody. Any time they talk about who needs so much space, it's always Kody. It's Kody who is refusing to even shower in the RV. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 10/17/2022 at 7:39 PM, nosedive said:

Stockpiling food and supplies is an mandate of the Church of Latter Day Saints, and I believe Janelle grew up in that church.  Church members do it individually, and the LDS Church does it corporately in storage facilities throughout the country.  

But during the "talking heads", every adult had a different story as to why they had such food storage. One said it was a church thing. Another said having supplies in case of blizzard, tornado, etc. And Meri just piped up and said she doesn't do any food storage at all! Ah, yes. The Church of Kody Brown is indeed strong in their culture.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Not Buyin It said:

But during the "talking heads", every adult had a different story as to why they had such food storage. One said it was a church thing. Another said having supplies in case of blizzard, tornado, etc. And Meri just piped up and said she doesn't do any food storage at all! Ah, yes. The Church of Kody Brown is indeed strong in their culture.

Preparing for the winter ahead by having a stocked pantry and stored garden harvest as well as any kind of food and non perishables on hand for "lean times", in my neck of the woods, has always just been called "life".

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 10/24/2022 at 1:02 PM, SoCalAgain said:

Listening to him talk about being comfortable at Robins so why in the world would be stay in the trailer with Janelle is setting up why he’ll never stay at the trailer

Janelle could be moving into the Taj Mahal, and Kody wouldn't be "comfortable" staying there.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 10/28/2022 at 8:34 AM, Not Buyin It said:

Both Janelle and Kody grew up in the Mormon church.  Yes they have large central storage and encourage church member to buy the long term storage food from the church.  

Even the Swedish government encourages the citizens to have at least 3-6 months of food, in case of a disaster.

• Useful 5

I'm one that likes to have non-perishables "in stock."  Like TP, paper towels, and the like. But a year or two worth of foodstuffs?  I'd have to have a HUGE pantry, and I don't.

I find it hilarious (if it's true) that Kootie doesn't have a place for his stuff!  What, Kootie, Sobbyn won't even give you a room in her McMansion for all your crap?  Boo fucking hoo.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

There isn't one food, even canned or frozen, that I would eat after having it for two years - of course unless I was truly starving.

And all that flour? Wouldn't it get bugs or get moist and moldy after a time?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

There isn't one food, even canned or frozen, that I would eat after having it for two years - of course unless I was truly starving.

Yeah…canned stuff is ok, but….I guess they bake a lot of biscuits. 

• LOL 3

I tried to do the pandemic shopping and keep two weeks of food.  There is nothing shelf stable I'm willing to have for two weeks so resolved if I caught COVID, I'd be getting contactless delivery.  I can tolerate occasional canned food, but not much of it and not often.  I had trouble using the one round of COVID preparation I did do.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I tried to do the pandemic shopping and keep two weeks of food.  There is nothing shelf stable I'm willing to have for two weeks so resolved if I caught COVID, I'd be getting contactless delivery.  I can tolerate occasional canned food, but not much of it and not often.  I had trouble using the one round of COVID preparation I did do.  

Our town got hit hard for covid preppers. No meat, no flour, ridiculous. 

I did the best I could, and overstocked when something was available. To this day, even without the ex pissy man, I fight the urge to do this. 

• Useful 2
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

You have to realize that they use these items all the time.  So they just rotate it through regular use.  Christine was probably buying large amounts of flour, sugar and basics that they eat all the time.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

You have to realize that they use these items all the time.  So they just rotate it through regular use.  Christine was probably buying large amounts of flour, sugar and basics that they eat all the time.

I'm not sure I understand. My idea of stockpiling food is buying more than you use. For instance I might, say, have a jar and a half of peanut in the house at one time or even two and a half, so I don't run out, but if I have 10, 20 or 30, I wouldn't be able to use them fast enough before they'd go bad.

So I can see having a few often used back-up items in a pantry or freezer, but not enough that would last months or years. If I bought enough peanut butter to last a year, I would always be a year away from my last purchase of peanut butter.

• Like 1

I found this site which talks about foods with a long shelf life.  Most are specially prepared to sit around forever including canned flour.  Read the description of the items - didn't exactly excite my taste buds. 

Dehydrated carrots in a can. Yuck.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I found this site which talks about foods with a long shelf life.  Most are specially prepared to sit around forever including canned flour.  Read the description of the items - didn't exactly excite my taste buds. 

Dehydrated carrots in a can. Yuck.

One I've seen people with large families buy.  Tomato powder.

4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm not sure I understand. My idea of stockpiling food is buying more than you use. For instance I might, say, have a jar and a half of peanut in the house at one time or even two and a half, so I don't run out, but if I have 10, 20 or 30, I wouldn't be able to use them fast enough before they'd go bad.

So I can see having a few often used back-up items in a pantry or freezer, but not enough that would last months or years. If I bought enough peanut butter to last a year, I would always be a year away from my last purchase of peanut butter.

Yes there is a stockpile, but once you use up a few of them you replace the ones you used.

I can't remember what family I was reading about, but yes they had enough shelf stable food to feed their family of 4 for an entire year.  Also water and basic items like, shampoo, toothpaste, toilet paper, etc.

• Useful 3
4 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

One I've seen people with large families buy.  Tomato powder.

Yes there is a stockpile, but once you use up a few of them you replace the ones you used.

I can't remember what family I was reading about, but yes they had enough shelf stable food to feed their family of 4 for an entire year.  Also water and basic items like, shampoo, toothpaste, toilet paper, etc.

What on earth does one make with tomato powder?

Was the family of four one of those extreme couponing people? They seem to have years’ worth of supplies at any given time.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

What on earth does one make with tomato powder?

Was the family of four one of those extreme couponing people? They seem to have years’ worth of supplies at any given time.

I just bought some tomato powder online (Amazon). I sprinkle a bit on White Castle burgers and it is quite good. You can mix in some water and make just enough tomato paste for a recipe and not end up with 1/2 a can you end up throwing away. I suppose you could also make tomato "soup" with it, but haven't tried that yet. Mixed in with hamburger makes pretty tasty patties.

It actually is pretty useful stuff!!

I also got some dried lemongrass but haven't tried that yet.  Plan on making some Chinese noodles with shrimp and veggies to try it.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 5
On 10/20/2022 at 2:51 PM, Roslyn said:

The way Christine explained it was because Truely has talked about having friends who parents have divorced and probably got the whole parents fighting and all the other negative things about "divorce" from a child's perspective. So Christine wants to "break it to her gently".

After Christine had to tell Truely because she overheard her say she was excited to move, Christine said she just told Truely that they were already divorced so that Truely would have a closure and not hope that they would get back together or be stressed that they (Kody and Christine) would be fighting in front of her in ways that she had heard from friends.

Christine also asked her if she had even noticed that Kody had not been around as much or sleeping over and Truely answered "no". Which pretty much sums it all up.

Yeah, plus, there are no divorce proceedings. Nothing to file or get in writing….so, I guess she thought all she had to do was say, I’m divorced and that was it.  It was over.   No unsealing in the the Temple, since they weren’t sealed in the temple.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I just bought some tomato powder online (Amazon). I sprinkle a bit on White Castle burgers and it is quite good. You can mix in some water and make just enough tomato paste for a recipe and not end up with 1/2 a can you end up throwing away. I suppose you could also make tomato "soup" with it, but haven't tried that yet. Mixed in with hamburger makes pretty tasty patties.

It actually is pretty useful stuff!!

I also got some dried lemongrass but haven't tried that yet.  Plan on making some Chinese noodles with shrimp and veggies to try it.  

Thanks for answering! I would never have thought of any of that. I have discovered tomato paste that comes in a tube, like toothpaste. You squeeze out whatever you need for a recipe and the rest keeps for a long time in the refrigerator. But this sounds good too!

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Thanks for answering! I would never have thought of any of that. I have discovered tomato paste that comes in a tube, like toothpaste. You squeeze out whatever you need for a recipe and the rest keeps for a long time in the refrigerator. But this sounds good too!

It is because it never really goes bad. I do have a tube in the refrigerator but after a while it is kind of tinny tasting where the dried can be easily reconstituted with no after taste.  You'd be surprised at how many uses you can come up for it.  Rub it on meat you are roasting, stir it in gravy... google it and you will be surprised... This is a prize I have just discovered...

• Like 2
  • Useful 6
16 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

It is because it never really goes bad. I do have a tube in the refrigerator but after a while it is kind of tinny tasting where the dried can be easily reconstituted with no after taste.  You'd be surprised at how many uses you can come up for it.  Rub it on meat you are roasting, stir it in gravy... google it and you will be surprised... This is a prize I have just discovered...

The lessons I’ve learned from watching this show and reading these boards!

• Like 4
  • Love 2