Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E06: Telling Truely

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Auntie Freeze said:

Christine knows him inside out and how to handle him. He's never really known who she is, just what pigeon hole he put her in, so he's getting outplayed when he tries to manipulate her. It's delicious.

This just goes to show you, that she really loved and paid attention to him and who he was and what makes him tick. He never paid attention to who she was or what she was made of and what makes her tick. She was just a baby maker and his ticket to his planet. Such a shame. I know they all sign up for this, but it's such a shame for all the women in this religion that are brain washed to think that this is how life is. No love and just baby makers. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

Did Janelle say her family when she was a child stockpiled food in case of Armageddon  ? I thought she didn't grow up in polygamy. Or maybe she meant her mom only after she married Kody's dad.

I think that's a core practice of standard Mormons too, a year's supply.  Armageddon or just basic problems for which you would need supplies (loss of job, pandemic, etc.).

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Granny58 said:

WTF????

Somehow the "Mind Blown" emoji doesn't quite work for this thread. Yes what he does would be mindblowing in the normal world, but totally expected in Kootie's world.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, deirdra said:

One of the snots said Savanah's bathroom was only big enough for a foot wash.  I don't recall anyone being so disparaging during the family's multi-RV trip along Joseph Smith's heritage trail and the visit to Kootie's misogynist friend who Christine detested several years back. The kids all thought it was fun.  Sol & Ari hadn't been born yet but would probably enjoy a night in the bunkbeds or loft of Janelle's RV. Though one night, not a summer.

One of the things that makes me sad about Savannah is that I remember how excited she was about Robin’s girls—especially Breanna— joining the family because they would be close to her age/grade.  At Ysabel’s party, Ysabel mentioning being close to one of them; I think she was in the class with Aurora. Maybe these four get along better than we think? Or not?

For some reason I found Meri’s crackle about breakfast funny— maybe because she has been so unpleasant to watch. Sure, she could have fixed breakfast, but then they were drop-in type guests so they should have offered to take everyone out for breakfast. I have no idea the distance so maybe they needed an early start. 
I am glad to see I wasn’t the only one concerned about two women out in the middle of nowhere on that lot, although I am not sure how far it is from civilisation and inhabited homes  

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

OMG totally my concern too ! It's one thing to have just a few houses scattered here and there, for a "rustic" look. But to have a single defenseless woman with a minor child in a non-permanent dwelling  in the middleofnowhere ? Are there animals that could cause trouble  ? Not to mention human criminals....I'd be terrified to be alone there.

It's not like they're in a tent.  The trailer has walls, and doors with locks.  Plus they showed them going through a gated entry to the property.

I've never heard of someone backing a truck up to an enormous fifth-wheel trailer, unleveling it and hitching it up, and driving off with people inside, which means its "non-permanent" nature isn't an issue.  It's really no different from her planned garage with an apartment above it on the property. 

I've lived in a motohome for almost 20 years, so I'm unduly interested in Janelle and her trailer, and even more in people's reactions (including the other wives; if I'd lived in a 3-bedroom mobile home with two other wives and one husband (never mind KODY as the husband), I would have untreatable PTSD about anything with wheels on it, so I understand Meri's and Christine's reactions).

What strikes me most is that the floor plan Janelle chose is so ill-suited for her lifestyle.  When she said it was the last one of this type available in the country, I thought she'd made a conscious choice, among all possible floor plans, that this was the one she wanted.  But I now think her choice was more a result of the extremely limited supply of all RVs at the time she bought hers due to everybody else in the country buying RVs, and this was what was available.  "I need a huge fifth-wheel."  Plus she was an ignorant shopper (no knock on her for that, although I think all the youtube videos pimping the lifestyle are making for more ignorant shoppers these days, especially when Covid hit).

Her trailer is for a family with a lot of kids who take it to a campground and cavort outside, and not as their only home.  All the bunkbeds points to that, not to mention the loft.  And the exterior door to the bathroom adjacent to the bunkbeds--that's the kids' bathroom, which they can access it without tracking who knows what through the rest of the trailer.  The bathtub back there looks like it would be good for bathing little kids. 

Fifth-wheel trailers are a popular choice for people who sit still for extended periods of time, like travel nurses who take 3-month assignments.  They can be surprisingly homey, with big kitchens with an island, living rooms that have a couch and two recliners, an entertainment center for the TV, and an electric fireplace.  Although the bathroom still tends to be fairly small (compared to luxury motorhomes, which sometimes have nice big bathrooms).

Janelle was limited by needing two bathrooms and an extra sleeping area, but there are much better floor plans out there for that than what she got. 

I had to laugh at her saying the solar hadn't charged the battery.  Kody said batteries, plural, but my impression is that it doesn't come from the manufacturer with any batteries, and dealers usually install one battery.   

It does come from the manufacturer with a 50-watt solar panel.  Maybe they added more solar, although I couldn't see any panels on the roof from the view they showed, plus knowing them, I doubt it. 

But I'll just say that I have more than 20X that amount of solar on my roof, and six batteries to her one, and I have to be mindful of how much electricity I'm using when we're living on solar.  And I don't have an electric residential refrigerator like Janelle does. 

She's gonna be running that generator a lot, and I would bet it's one of those open-frame contractor generators that are heinously noisy.  I'm not surprised she lasted only three months, during really nice weather.

That said, if they let me and wouldn't make me pay (as if!), I'd gladly park my moho out there and spend an entire summer.  It's a great location.

• Like 5
  • Useful 9
  • Love 2

I would've happily watched a three-part episode consisting of Kody backing the RV into the allotted space on Coyote Pass, ignoring Gabe's pleas to STOP DAD STOP!!, watching Kody roll the RV's wheels off a slight embankment, whereupon the trailer flips sideways along with the truck Kody is in, launching him head first into Plague Pond.

All that to say, I am completely shocked that Kody didn't purposefully mangle the backing in of the RV just to prove again how harried he is, how these shrewish women constantly ask him to do hard things, and that he never wanted Janelle to have that RV In the first place.  Janelle was taking a massive risk putting that moron behind the wheel of that truck.

• Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I am glad to see I wasn’t the only one concerned about two women out in the middle of nowhere on that lot, although I am not sure how far it is from civilisation and inhabited homes  

It's just right down the road from Robyn and Christine wasn't far away either.

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

All that to say, I am completely shocked that Kody didn't purposefully mangle the backing in of the RV just to prove again how harried he is, how these shrewish women constantly ask him to do hard things, and that he never wanted Janelle to have that RV In the first place. 

To my trained eye, he kind of did. 

And he committed the cardinal sin of having people behind the trailer he couldn't see.  And Gabe?  Putting your hand on the back corner of the trailer as it's moving isn't going to accomplish anything other than putting you in harm's way.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Granny58 said:

I think that's a core practice of standard Mormons too, a year's supply.  Armageddon or just basic problems for which you would need supplies (loss of job, pandemic, etc.).

My mom told me as long ago as the 60's, that it was a two-year supply.  Mr. X worked for a moving company in the late 70's, when he still had a good back, and moved several Mormon families.  50 pound bags of rice, beans, flour, and whatever else they stored up.

I still don't think Sobbyn needed a 7-bedroom McMansion, though.  Her two oldest daughters are entitled little bitches, just the same as when she became a spoiled favorite wife, what?  Twelve years ago?

Fell into the plyg outhouse, and came out smelling like a rose.  That's Sobbyn.  Karma must be waiting in the wings to get her, somehow.  What goes around comes around.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

For some reason I found Meri’s crackle about breakfast funny— maybe because she has been so unpleasant to watch. Sure, she could have fixed breakfast, but then they were drop-in type guests so they should have offered to take everyone out for breakfast. I have no idea the distance so maybe they needed an early start. 

I wondered if they had even bothered to tell Meri they were coming and that is why she was crackling about no breakfast for non-paying 'guests'.  Meri probably only stocks up food and gets her cook in when she's expecting paying guests.   I don't eat breakfast or keep cereal, sugar, bread, flour, milk or OJ in the house, so if friends or family drop by unexpectedly, they better be fine with black coffee or tea. Perhaps an egg or some frozen blueberries if they are lucky. 😉

Watching Kootie back up the trailer with Gabe in his passenger-side blind spot was not cool. And if he had turned & pivoted at the right moment, there would have been no need to pull forward off the side of the road.  But yes, he could have done a worse job. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

To me the most infuriating part was Kody saying how Christine had obviously been planning this for ages, but sprung it on him OUT OF THE BLUE! And all I could think was her sobbing on the beach when their therapy homework was building a little rock cairn to symbolize their relationship, and he refused to acknowledge she was anything but one member of a large family.  Everybody screamed at their televisions hoping she would finally see the truth.  Of course she didn't, and that was what, 10 years ago?

She is handling this so beautifully in terms of maintaining boundaries with Kody that I can't help but think she's had genuine deprogramming and therapy that doesn't involve props.  Maybe just from the adult children of the family making her watch the shows from the beginning and acknowledge reality.

2 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

What the what?! I admit I don't always pay the closest attention, but the way they talk when they occasionally gather "out there", I was under the impression it was an hour out of town and quite a haul to go out of their way only for very specific purposes.  

I have stayed in a bunch of motor homes/trailers, from a summer lakeside trailer my grandparents owned when I was child to sleeping on an air mattress on the kitchen floor of luxurious motorhomes owned by friends at dog shows. Probably never had fewer than 4-5 people in them at a time, even the $300,000 motorhomes were smaller than what Janelle has, and space just wasn't an issue because it is what it is - designed to be an indoor space when you're done doing everything outside. (Those  outside storage cabinets can hold incredible amounts of stuff. )

I've also never known anybody who had one who did not have some kind of rug/carpet/groundcover at the steps even on the driest day ion the nicest pad. My god, that red soil and they just walked in and out and all over. For shame!

• Like 4
On 10/17/2022 at 2:16 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh, I did notice one positive. Christine said Kody bought Ysabel’s a reliable car.  That’s a plus.  Even used cars with miles run around $30,000.  Even then, they were pricy. I don’t know how they do it financially.  Boggles the mind.  

I guess buying her a car is the VERY least he can do, but let's not make it bigger than it is.

I bought a used 2019 Jeep Compass Latitude in 2020 for $18,000 in California and it only had 12,000 miles.  I know prices went up a little shortly after I bought mine, but there are plenty of good used cars with miles that are definitely NOT $30k.  

Sorry if I sound bitchy.  I don't really mean to but I find it hard to give this asshole ANY credit at all.  All of these people (adults) make me so very mad. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, deirdra said:

When I went away to university, I had to buy my own bus pass or ride my bike to school & work.

I’ve bought every car that I owned too.  Lol. But, I get why it was important for Ysabel to have one.  I know ECU used to have student bus lines that were very convenient if you lived near campus, but I’m not sure about Pitt CC.  I doubt they have bus service.  

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, kassa said:

I've also never known anybody who had one who did not have some kind of rug/carpet/groundcover at the steps even on the driest day ion the nicest pad.

I don't.  I have a cover on the one step up to my door, and we don't wear shoes inside.  I used to have a boot scraper out there, but wore it out and didn't bother to replace it.  I don't like having loose shit outside, and the step cover works fine.

That said, I do plan to buy a little mat for when the Browns invite me to spend the summer on their land for free, because of the red dirt you mentioned. 

41 minutes ago, kassa said:

(Those  outside storage cabinets can hold incredible amounts of stuff. )

Fifth-wheels generally have more storage than travel (bumper-pull) trailers, but it's the big motorhomes that can have incredible storage, because they're built on a raised-rail chassis, and everything under that is "basement storage."  Like the underneath baggage bays on a Greyhound bus.

What got me was that when they were looking at the outside storage, one of the wives said it could be used for pots and pans, and nobody would want to have to go outside to get a pot or pan. 

Actually, here's a video by a guy who bought the same trailer Janelle did, last summer.  It's an hour long (!) but he covers the landscape pretty well (which you'd expect for an hour long video!).  He admits he's talking about flaws, but as a counterpoint to the rah-rah videos you usually see.

It starts out kind of in the weeds with some technical stuff, which points to manufacturing choices and issues, but at about the 5:00 mark he gets into the livability, starting with that the outside storage is "very very limited."

Something I found interesting is that he shows the front bathroom, the one Kody complained was so small.  I'm loath to agree with him, but he's right--it's tiny and cramped, even by RV standards.  Janelle isn't a petite person, and I think she will actually be uncomfortable using it.

I noticed the video guy said his came with a 20-watt solar panel, while the website said it has a 50-watt panel; maybe they've "upgraded" it to a 50-watt on newer trailers?  Either one is completely worthless, and you have to wonder why the manufacturer even bothered.

This video, and the couple of other ones I watched, confirm that this trailer is for families who want a bunkhouse model so it can sleep a whole lot of people.  I have no idea why Janelle thought it would be a good one for her purposes. 

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 7
  • Love 2

Arrrggghhh😠

Fuck you Kodouche!!  Maybe Christine wouldn't be leaving if you acted like any semblance of  a husband for one minute towards her!!   So because of the kids,  which, let's face it, you barely care about,  Christine is supposed to sit and live her life in an empty,  loveless,  chaste marriage?   What a total asshole!   I'm so angry that he's making Christine feel like she's the bad guy.  Fuck that,   go live your life Christine!   I'll keep saying it,  but she seems so calm,  happy like she can't stop smiling.  Good for her.  Go live a happy life!   Kiss ass,  Kods 

• Like 2
  • Applause 7
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

What got me was that when they were looking at the outside storage, one of the wives said it could be used for pots and pans, and nobody would want to have to go outside to get a pot or pan. 

Another video by a salesman showed Janelle's model with an outside kitchen with a couple of burners and sink (if you attach the water supply), so no need to go inside to get a pot or pan during your one date night per summer outside with Kootie. 😉

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’ve bought every car that I owned too.  Lol. But, I get why it was important for Ysabel to have one.  I know ECU used to have student bus lines that were very convenient if you lived near campus, but I’m not sure about Pitt CC.  I doubt they have bus service.  

Yep, still waiting for my parents to buy me a car. I'm in my mid-50s

• Like 1
  • LOL 19
  • Love 1

I checked out the video of the cons about the RV posted upthread by StatisicalOutlier They could have thought things out a little better, that’s for sure, but like the RV owner said, it met his needs, because he wanted to have room for the adult section, RV king bed with dedicated bath (ample shower), and the second bedroom area with eat-in booth with seating for 4 and separate bath.  It’s more than a foot bath for sure.  Lol.  Oh, I have an idea of where to keep your shoes!  On your feet!  Lol. I guess the only option is to wear your shoes at all times and put them next to your bed when you go to bed.  I hope the company watches that video and fixes some of the issues.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3

Did the man in the video say that this trailer costs $50K? That's a lot of money for something that Janelle used for 3 or 4 months and then stores while she rents an apartment. Think this was a dumb move buying this trailer. There is no way that Janelle is going to haul this thing across the country, park it and set this thing up along the way by herself. And no Kody is not going to go with her to help.  This was an expensive whim on her part. I still don't get where she got her water from while living in it last summer. 

I guess she thought that she would live in it until she got her house built. That didn't work out well. 

• Like 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

I still don't get where she got her water from while living in it last summer. 

She likely paid for bulk water delivery.  They bring it in a truck and put it in a storage container on your property.  There are "regular" houses that do this, like if their well gets fouled by fracking.  All their water has to be trucked in.

You can also do it yourself by putting a big tank in the back of a truck and filling it in town, but it's a real hassle and water is HEAVY (a pint is a pound) and unstable. 

But since Janelle doesn't have a sewer hookup (either city sewer or a septic tank), she's having someone come and pump out her waste tanks, so she's probably having someone deliver the water, too. 

I'd guess they're coming out pretty often because people use an astonishing amount of water when they don't have to think about how they get it or where it goes, and the learning curve is steep when that changes.  Or maybe not--if she's willing to blow that much money on an RV that is so ill suited for her needs, she's probably willing to blow money having the trucks come out frequently.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5

I may be wrong, but I think Christine said Kody "got" her a car. Which could mean bought, or bartered or finagled whatever they do. Perhaps one of Robin's kids had one they didn't want any more. Didn't people point out that even a couple of years into the show the Browns were driving on bald tires? (Well, the wives, anyway - Kody had nice cars)

I always forget Gwendlyn. Glad to see her this episode, and I imagine she's had plenty to say to Christine in the past few years!

• Like 4

I just want to say I love being part of this forum.  Not only can I come here and vent about Kody and Robyn (I had no idea my disdain for Kody could grow any more than it had, but- this season!) but I also get info on pertinent subjects, like RV living, from real experts.  This is the perfect accompaniment to my guilty pleasure tv watching.

Regarding Janelle's RV adventure, I can't begrudge her trying to find a way to live out a dream of traveling in an RV and getting something built on Plague Pass.  She should have done more research, but she was probably desperate to find a way to keep Kody away since Covid restrictions were ending.  😉

• Like 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, kassa said:

I may be wrong, but I think Christine said Kody "got" her a car. Which could mean bought, or bartered or finagled whatever they do. Perhaps one of Robin's kids had one they didn't want any more. Didn't people point out that even a couple of years into the show the Browns were driving on bald tires? (Well, the wives, anyway - Kody had nice cars)

I always forget Gwendlyn. Glad to see her this episode, and I imagine she's had plenty to say to Christine in the past few years!

I think someone said that Kody also deals in used vehicles.

2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

She likely paid for bulk water delivery.  They bring it in a truck and put it in a storage container on your property.  There are "regular" houses that do this, like if their well gets fouled by fracking.  All their water has to be trucked in.

Pretty much anyone out west that doesn't live near a city has to have water delivered.  On the several vacations I have taken to New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, Utah, I have seen water delivery trucks and you can often see storage tanks near houses.  I guess some people cant afford to have them buried in the ground.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I think someone said that Kody also deals in used vehicles.

Pretty much anyone out west that doesn't live near a city has to have water delivered.  On the several vacations I have taken to New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, Utah, I have seen water delivery trucks and you can often see storage tanks near houses.  I guess some people cant afford to have them buried in the ground.  

Fact. We lived out west in a rural area and many people had their own water haul containers they had to fill or they would have delivered. Most people had their own trucks and trailers for it, though. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Maybe it was the blue SUV Ysabel drove when they visited Janelle's RV?

Last season an episode featured Kody pressing Sol to go climb around in a giant hole they dug on Coyote Pass for a cistern. I don't know if the cistern was ever delivered and/or filled, but perhaps they did fill it and Janelle could hook up to that?

• Useful 2
11 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Last season an episode featured Kody pressing Sol to go climb around in a giant hole they dug on Coyote Pass for a cistern. I don't know if the cistern was ever delivered and/or filled, but perhaps they did fill it and Janelle could hook up to that?

Edited by ginger90
Disregard, I didn’t realize which thread this was!

Trust me when I say I "watch" this show with 1/2 an ear listening, if that.

But, did I hear Kodasshole say for the upcoming episode that he is going to a friends wedding (or something similar) ?????? Going to a friends anything while you choose to NOT attend your daughters surgery or move to college seems a little ummmm, not nice.  

Are Covid protocols different for the favored little ones and only the "family members" are likely to transfer the virus to the younger tykes? But a friends wedding is assumed to not have invited Covid germs???

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Fig Newton said:

Trust me when I say I "watch" this show with 1/2 an ear listening, if that.

But, did I hear Kodasshole say for the upcoming episode that he is going to a friends wedding (or something similar) ?????? Going to a friends anything while you choose to NOT attend your daughters surgery or move to college seems a little ummmm, not nice.  

Are Covid protocols different for the favored little ones and only the "family members" are likely to transfer the virus to the younger tykes? But a friends wedding is assumed to not have invited Covid germs???

He did say that and he said he was the one performing the marriage for them. He has a million excuses why he can't spend time with anyone (that's the non Sobbyn family) but then happily goes out of town to a wedding. He freaked out so bad about everyone obeying the  long list of rules Sobbyn made up and he has no care in the world when it comes to something he wants to do. He has no self awareness. He is the most selfish person I have ever seen. He infuriates me more and more every episode.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I noticed the video guy said his came with a 20-watt solar panel, while the website said it has a 50-watt panel; maybe they've "upgraded" it to a 50-watt on newer trailers?  Either one is completely worthless, and you have to wonder why the manufacturer even bothered. 

It's so the dealers can advertise the rig as "equipped with solar power" and people who don't know any better (like Janelle) will pay a premium for it.  Put on a $70 panel with 1 cheap-ass batter and add three times what they cost to the bill.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I still don't get where she got her water from while living in it last summer. 

Companies deliver water to people who live where there are no water lines and have no wells they can use.  Speaking of, have these folks even tried to find water on the land that they can use for wells?  That's how many rural people do it. They don't have water lines from the city, they have wells.

• Useful 1

Not to defend Kody, because ew, but... I think the show is getting to the point in the pandemic when many folks had already been venturing out more and Robyn always seemed to be a few months behind with her protocols. Plus I think by 'now' many of the Brown's already had covid, so him attending the wedding feels, to me anyway, a little less asshole-y.

However, I reserve the right to change my mind if Kody is gone for more than a couple of days.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Not to defend Kody, because ew, but... I think the show is getting to the point in the pandemic when many folks had already been venturing out more and Robyn always seemed to be a few months behind with her protocols. Plus I think by 'now' many of the Brown's already had covid, so him attending the wedding feels, to me anyway, a little less asshole-y.

However, I reserve the right to change my mind if Kody is gone for more than a couple of days.

Except Kody is on camera stating two reasons why he wouldn’t  take Ysabel to college:   1) He has obligations to the  the family ( Robyn).  And 2) Covid.  So he was still using it as an excuse.      

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
On 10/18/2022 at 3:26 PM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

If you look in the background when they were talking by the truck and cars, there is a subdivision right behind them, so they are not out in the wilderness by any means.

I just cannot get over how negative everyone was except for Christine about the RV.  It is beautiful and big enough for both Jannell and Savannah with room for friends and family if needed.  Granted bunk beds are not ideal but they can be very comfy if you get good mattresses.  

• Like 3
  • Love 4
On 10/17/2022 at 7:52 PM, Mothra said:

I think Janelle may be a genius.  That is a sweet RV, and I can see a single woman and grown daughter living in it pretty happily; I assume that at some point Savannah will move out to live on her own.  All the shit that the family is spewing about ewww living in an RV may be camouflage for their envy.

You're right; Janelle now has the power to leave, assuming she gets hold of a truck big enough to haul her, and she doesn't have to worry about selling her house or breaking a lease to do so.  I don't think she cares about the food supply, either, and weeding her possessions down to live in the RV (although I understand that she's using storage units) will free her to take off in the middle of the night if she wants to.

That RV is nicer than a lot of houses I've been in, including my own.  I'm in a big house because I have too much shit.  I'd love to be able to leave it all, except my husband, Godzilla, of course, and just take off.

What a fuck you to Kotex this RV is!

my husband, Godzilla 😂

• Love 1
7 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Except Kody is on camera stating two reasons why he wouldn’t  take Ysabel to college:   1) He has obligations to the  the family ( Robyn).  And 2) Covid.  So he was still using it as an excuse.      

I assumed more time had passed since then.

On 10/18/2022 at 12:26 PM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Good point but I’d still be freaked out, the first house hubby and I lived in was located in a typical neighborhood with the houses right next to each other, the woman who lived next door was raped and murdered in her house and none of us neighbours heard or saw anything.

I watch tons of shows about real murder cases and it happens all the time and neighbours are unaware…. even cases of people murdered in their apartment and no one heard/saw anything.

I don’t think Robyn or Christine living nearby would be much protection.

plus Janelle being on tv and openly announcing on social media that she’s out on coyote pass all alone with Savanah could easily attract a stalker or freak.

• Sad 4
  • Love 1

I finished watching the episode. I'm already starting to get bored with this storyline.

If Kody wanted to blame his wives for sabotaging his relationship with his kids, he shouldn't have admitted that he would rather pay a babysitter $20 an hour than spend time with them. Or admit that he can drive to Texas for a friend's wedding, but can't spend more time with Janelle while moving the RV or take Ysabel to college.

And I don't believe Kody is closer to Robyn's kids than he is to any of the others. He's home more, but I question how much he interacts with them. Hence the need for a nanny to pick up the slack.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 10/18/2022 at 2:13 PM, Mr. Miner said:

Ten 50# sacks?

I think that the whole explanation was more filler, like this week's family-only party, for yet another episode of Christine-Leaves-Kody.  The flashbacks were from the first seasons, where bulk buying of plygs was a regular topic.  By the time that they moved to Las Vegas, the Browns were four separate households, first in rentals and then in McMansions, and they became more so in Flagstaff.  I doubt that they could have a pantry that complied with Kody's COVID protoculls, even if it were one of their permanently-rented U-Hauls.  (Also, I believe that Janelle ran the pantry in the early seasons, and she just moved into a "very small" RV.)

When they fled to Las Vegas, Christine or Kody was on the screen, agonizing about packing and storing an entire butchered cow.  Kody's asking Christine if she still wanted a share in that would have been a better facade that they're still bulk-buying.  Christine could easily buy a 1- or 5-pound bag of flour - She didn't need to carry her measuring cup to the family's hoarde.

• Like 1

I missed the part about Kody and Robyn going to an out of state wedding, or was this reported outside of the show?  In any case, I wonder if Kodyn required everyone at the wedding to be tested and/or vaccinated and/or quarrantined . . . ???

• Wink 1
32 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

I missed the part about Kody and Robyn going to an out of state wedding, or was this reported outside of the show?  In any case, I wonder if Kodyn required everyone at the wedding to be tested and/or vaccinated and/or quarrantined . . . ???

It was in the "next time on" preview and all that was included was him talking about going and officiating.  

• Like 2