Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Paul's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Eldemarge said:

OMG they just did an hour and half.  

Okay, hear me out:  A giant van with a COUCH.  Then they could drive the poundticipants to Texas w/o them complaining.  Just toss them bags of fast food every hour.

BRILLIANT!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Lillith said:

Do none of these people know how to say "please" or "thank you" when ordering food? 

I said please to an automated phone call instead of "yes" and  it didn't understand.

• LOL 7

The obligatory fast food stop...  wonder how many they didn't show?   Though since it's his friend and not his MOm driving, they probably haven't made too many. 

AND a baker's dozen of cookies on top of chocolate shake?  With an already three-person meal?  And he *almost* forgot the apple fritter.   Enough desserts for a frigging soccer team.

• Love 3
Just now, Kid said:

What’s the difference between sitting on your ass all day in your house and sitting on your ass all day in a car? I have never understood that.

I’m thin but have circulation issues….for some reason being in a car makes my feet swell but I can sit at my desk and work without issues

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I know I'll sound like a cold hearted b*tch, but I'm really sick of these folk laying blame for their morbid obesity on a disturbing/traumatic event when they've clearly been severely or morbidly obese long before. "My parents were morbidly obese, I've been overweight since I was a toddler, my mom liked to cook and feed us, I liked to eat a lot and I was twice the size of a normal 11 year old, but it was this one thing a year later that made me turn to food". Jesus tap-dancing christ, people! And to sound extra cold-hearted, I take everything the poundticipants say with a ginormous grain of salt and don't necessarily believe every tale of tragedy and woe. (In general, no specific 600 pounder) Ok, give my drawers an extra dip in gasoline before my trip to hell.  

• Love 18

What’s the difference between sitting on your ass all day in your house and sitting on your ass all day in a car? I have never understood that.

Less space. No room to stretch a little to prevent muscle cramps. Less padding in the seat. Even as a "normal" sized person, I'd rather sit in my house all day than go on an 8 hour car ride. The older I get, the more I find that my legs, especially, get stiff and sore if I sit still too long.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Kid said:

It's harder for them to change position, even if it's just a little, in the car. There's not enough room. At home, tho they look immobile to us, they are actually moving a bit to go to the bathroom or even a bedside commode, some can walk to the kitchen, etc. There's a little movement, and that helps when they get uncomfortable. They can barely fit in most cars. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, PA SweetPea said:

I know I'll sound like a cold hearted b*tch, but I'm really sick of these folk laying blame for their morbid obesity on a disturbing/traumatic event when they've clearly been severely or morbidly obese long before. "My parents were morbidly obese, I've been overweight since I was a toddler, my mom liked to cook and feed us, I liked to eat a lot and I was twice the size of a normal 11 year old, but it was this one thing a year later that made me turn to food". Jesus tap-dancing christ, people! And to sound extra cold-hearted, I take everything the poundticipants say with a ginormous grain of salt and don't necessarily believe every tale of tragedy and woe. (In general, no specific 600 pounder) Ok, give my drawers an extra dip in gasoline before my trip to hell.  

Nope, I'm with ya on this one. I have a relative who blames EVERYTHING on being molested. Everything.  I have a LOT of compassion for survivors, but none for whiners who don't do anything to HEAL. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Kid said:

Ya gotta propel the car with your feet, ya know, like Fred Flintstone. 😄

• LOL 4
13 minutes ago, String Theory said:

I succumbed to the call of the Pepperidge Farm Chesapeake chocolate chip cookies. (Yes, I know I shouldn't have bought them if I shouldn't be eating them!)  I justified that it was OK b/c I just had a Lean Cusine Mac & Cheese for dinner.

12 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

You are my spirit sibling! I have Double Chocolate Milanos!!!

I just bought Double Milk Chocolate Milanos yesterday! (I debated between them and Brussels but I was good and only bought one.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I've always wondered how they choose which camera guys get stuck in the car on the way to Houston rather than being in the car that follows close behind. The one last week must have earned a monster raise! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I think there's also a difference between long term sexual abuse and some weirdo flashing his willie at you once. We had a flasher in my town years ago. He would target groups of kids at bus stops. Using the logic by some of these folks they should all be obese because they got flashed. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

A TO THE MEN, Sister!!!!  Quite frankly, I think you have to be 700+ pounds to get on this show if you haven't been molested.  If you have been molested, you can get on it weighing 500+.  

• LOL 4

He’s starving!!!🤣🤣🤣

If he’s acting like this now, how the hell is he going to act when he’s actually on a diet.

Edited by Kid
  • LOL 7
1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

I think there's also a difference between long term sexual abuse and some weirdo flashing his willie at you once. We had a flasher in my town years ago. He would target groups of kids at bus stops. Using the logic by some of these folks they should all be obese because they got flashed. 

You remind me of our episode when I was around 10 years old.  I'm from the deep South during Segregation.  Our stalker, an old white man, only targeted young black children.  He hit on me and I went into the store until he left.  None of my friends or I hit the 600 pound mark.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Eldemarge said:

I can't do soda for breakfast.  I don't know why I'm surprised he doesn't have a normal breakfast meal...

I can’t do soda at all, but for breakfast seems especially heinous. I had someone tell me they didn’t drink coffee, but they had their soda for caffeine in the morning 🤮 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1