Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Paul's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, LEILANI2 said:

Was this guy  complaining that he had to grocery shop after a week because food ran out. 

Well, from his perspective, there was just a never-ending stream of food coming out of that kitchen before.  You can see how he'd be confused.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

You wrote it, didn't you? Fess up. 

I love pickles. 

Here is my pickle story: A neighbor was running for city council in my ward. He was door knocking and we had a nice chat. I know who he was though we'd never met in person. He runs an urban farm with his wife and they are famous for their pickles, which are featured at most of the local restaurants and farmer's markets. As he was taking his leave I assured him that he had my vote, and that I'd stop by the farm shop soon for some goodies. "I'll bring you some pickles!" he says. "Yay, I love pickles!" I say. I'm thinking he'll maybe come by with a iittle 8 ounce sample jar. He drops off a shopping bag with FOUR huge containers of pickles, all different kinds. I was a happy girl. He won. Everyone in town loves those goddamn pickles. 

Bubbies pickles are amazing, that's my recent habit, and lucky they don't have a billion calories.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I love pickles. 

Here is my pickle story: A neighbor was running for city council in my ward. He was door knocking and we had a nice chat. I know who he was though we'd never met in person. He runs an urban farm with his wife and they are famous for their pickles, which are featured at most of the local restaurants and farmer's markets. As he was taking his leave I assured him that he had my vote, and that I'd stop by the farm shop soon for some goodies. "I'll bring you some pickles!" he says. "Yay, I love pickles!" I say. I'm thinking he'll maybe come by with a iittle 8 ounce sample jar. He drops off a shopping bag with FOUR huge containers of pickles, all different kinds. I was a happy girl. He won. Everyone in town loves those goddamn pickles. 

I want what she's having!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Off topic; Day 10 and I still have this fucking cold. 

Feel better!  Is it just a cold?  Have you been tested?  I know someone whose 'cold' turned out to be a mild flu a couple weeks ago upon testing, and my Mom's turned out to be COVID.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I love pickles. 

I love pickles! They are so fecking goed! What goes into an urban farm?

• Love 2

Only Munt 4?!?! 

Although nothing has happened, it feels like it has been happening over 12 months.  This is like watching paint dry.

Have we ever had 1.5 hours for only four months?

Are we going to get the BSOD at Munt 7?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
Just now, Hellga said:

Feel better!  Is it just a cold?  Have you been tested?  I know someone whose 'cold' turned out to be a mild flu a couple weeks ago upon testing, and my Mom's turned out to be COVID.

Haven’t been tested. It’s a cold. 

• Love 1

He walks better... and doesn't look quite as big though his legs still are awful.  I think he made progress.

695...  well, 62 is a good amount but not nearly enough for 3 months.   At least, he made an effort... more than I thought based on his initial attitude.  He also sounds more animated.

• Love 8

How did he get there by himself? 

28 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I drank a Diet Coke with breakfast every single day for years until I couldn't drink it anymore.

Somehow I got in a habit of drinking diet Coke (from the soda fountain in the cafeteria at work) in the morning, until I finally figured out why my stomach was bothering me on weekdays but not weekends. I was never a diet soda drinker so I'm not sure why I started. But I stopped and felt better; I assume it's was the artificial sweetener.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

Yes, there's been iinfo that Omicron might have cold characteristics.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I love pickles. 

A politician that followed through?  Amazing!

Back O/T - I don't think Paul has the ability to follow through.

Ok, he flew to Houston?  Where's that $$ from & why didn't he do that the first trip?

He's nervous to see what Dr. Now says...

Check ✔ 

Edited by String Theory
  • Love 3

It always amuses me when Dr. Now tells these people to go home, follow a sensible diet, and lose a hundred pounds. As if they had never thought of that before. “Okay, doc! That never occurred to me! I’ll get right on it!”

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Pickling should be a criminal act. It's a horrible thing to do to a perfectly tasty cucumber.

There are good pickles and there are bad pickles.  The 'quick' pickle is a crime.  The real deal can be yummy.  My Mom makes at least four types of pickles from cucumbers she grows...  

• Love 3

I hope he continues to lose.  I don't know if it's his effort or him being separated from his enablers, but it's like he actually has a personality underneath all that.  

'Always eating' to 'you don't *need* to get full' should be a difficult realization for him.  Way outside his comfort zone... 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Hellga said:

I am stuffy and sneezing. No fever, coughing  or body aches.  Think I will get tested tomorrow just in case.

Well, he does seem more mobile.  

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

He flew? And they didn't show us? What a rip.

I feel personally betrayed.

7 minutes ago, Splashes said:

I love pickles! They are so fecking goed! What goes into an urban farm?

Its just a small, family run outfit with local produce. Also flowers. Here's their website! 

https://www.maitlandfarms.com

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 2

Here is a living proof that a long-term carnie can be positively svelte!

Starting a job is a great step!   Get some money, get some exercise, and if your hands are occupied, you can't be eating.  As long as he stays away from all the junk food.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Splashes said:

Oeh its time for me to do maffs! He lost 60 pounds over 4 months. His basic rate should be around 5000kcal a day. Hes losing around 4 pounds a month so hes eating around 3000kcal a day.

Wait, he lost 62 lbs in 4 munts....isn't that 15.5 pounds lost per munt?

• Love 3

He's driving?  How well can he move in that truck cab, and can he hit the brakes?   Another reason not to go to Florida (it's less than 15 minutes to the Florida line from where I live).   

I'm really disliking Flo from this commercial.    I wish Mittens would climb her like a cat tree. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 6