Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Paul's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Look, any movement is a good thing but the Dr Now workout is ...um...minimal? Why do I kick my ass doing 30 minutes of cardio, then weights,  when I can move my arms in a circle and call it a workout ?

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Poudre said:

I don’t understand why if a person just has cold symptoms, why they need to get a Covid test. 

Reminds me the secretary in the college I worked at. Whenever she had a cold, she went to her doctor and pretty much demanded antibiotics, even though a virus won’t respond to it. And the doctor prescribed it, just to get her out of the office.

Just now, Poudre said:

I don’t understand why if a person just has cold symptoms, why they need to get a Covid test. 

Because it's a socially responsible thing to do, so in case it IS COVID you know to quarantine yourself and not spread it around.   Even people within the same family who fall ill at the same time can have very different symptoms, so you can't judge by symptoms alone, unfortunately. What's the downside of getting tested?  It's free and doesn't take much time. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I used to eat those a lot, but I have high blood pressure and I have to watch my sodium intake.

I might have one a week, just to change things up, since I've been dieting. I usually have a salad or some chicken or fish with sautéed spinach, or roasted asparagus, which could not be quicker. Though last night I made a little pizza with a pizza crust, a smidgen of cheese, some grape tomatoes and asparagus, with a sunny side up egg on top. Yum. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I might have one a week, just to change things up, since I've been dieting. I usually have a salad or some chicken or fish with sautéed spinach, or roasted asparagus, which could not be quicker. Though last night I made a little pizza with a pizza crust, a smidgen of cheese, some grape tomatoes and asparagus, with a sunny side up egg on top. Yum. 

Grape tomatoes? Pure evil. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

How much time does it take to throw some eggs, chopped veggies, mushrooms  and onion flakes into a skillet?  Or broil a salmon filet?  Pretty quick and easy.  

Most of the time they don't know how to make flavorful food that is healthy.

If your idea of a chicken meal is:

Season chicken, bread it, pull out the deep fryer, fill it with a gallon of oil, wait for it to heat up....

FRY THE SHIT OUT OF THAT CHICKEN...

then make enough sides that resemble Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner...

All on a random Tuesday...well🤷‍♀️

Edited by umgoblue
Because of is not out
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
Just now, Hellga said:

Almost the same amount of weight lost in half the time!  He really has stepped up his game.  And dialed up his personality. 

He probably feels better because he's not eating junk & getting out of the house, working etc.....

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Because it's a socially responsible thing to do, so in case it IS COVID you know to quarantine yourself and not spread it around.   Even people within the same family who fall ill at the same time can have very different symptoms, so you can't judge by symptoms alone, unfortunately. What's the downside of getting tested?  It's free and doesn't take much time. 

The downside is contact tracing. Omicron is mild. No need to freak out.

• Love 3

HE really exceeded my expectations.  He sounded so dead and defeated in the beginning, I thought he would fail for sure.

Given total absence of face masks, I wonder if it was filmed before COVID... and then the pandemic hit and he wasn't able to move, which is why we didn't get to see the surgery or anything...  that could push him back into sadness and overeating.  Hope he continued to do well...

• Love 6