Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Paul's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Hellga said:

*I* am my Mom's Dr. Google. :)   What's the point of having a pharmacist for a daughter if you have to figure it all out for yourself?  Though she still does online research... and then I spend an hour explaining to her why what she read doesn't apply to her or is total quackery! :)  Some things she finds are super funny, like 'natural' homemade treatments that she is always happy to try... 

I audited clinical trials for 5 yrs before I retired from the university. My mother and one of my sisters are always asking me about something they saw on TV or their doctor told them. Or they bring something up and my response is, "OMG, what are you thinking? Stop!"  😄

• Love 4
Just now, charmed1 said:

Hellooo! How y’all doing? I’m in a terrible mood and am in need of a snark fest. I ate an entire bag of potato chips. I’m sad I missed the drive down to Houston. Where was the drive-thru stop?

EVERYWHERE. He stopped every hour and ate enough food for a Cub Scout troop, while Momma and his friend looked on. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

After 30 years, I am sure the statute of limitations should be up on that one! 

It was a soft leather flyswatter, not a hard plastic one.  It did have remnants of dead flies caked onto it from years if not decades of use, though, so I am not sure what's worse. :) 

Geez, that is a success story for sure...I'd NEVER sleep at all!

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

You know, Pounders, on the positive side, at least he didn't shit himself en route. 

Maybe that will be a bonus scene in the supersized episode?

Edited by TazDevil
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Eldemarge said:

This is wild.  I was a slightly chubby little girl and my parents stuck me in gymnastics for four years (though there was still soda and ice cream in the house).  Point being, they didn't just shrug and keep over-feeding me and let me sit around doing nothing.

Exactly, how does mother lose weight herself yet let her son balloon?  

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

You know - Paul has a handsome face, I think. In all seriousness...

I can understand. I do actually have diabetes, so... And it was a bit rough until I got used to it; it's hard on the digestive system. But nothing compared to the Trulicity. That made me sick for a couple of weeks and I almost gave up taking it.

So you're still on the Trulicity? How's that going for you? I just started Ozempic last week. I couldn't hack the metformin and have been on insulin for years. So far, I seem to be doing OK as far as side effects. I don't want to jinx it, tho.  I did Byetta over 10 yrs ago and that made me so uncomfortable, I've been reluctant to try any of the newer meds. But my doc suggested Trulicity or Ozempic, I did some reading and video watching and opted for the O. 

2 minutes ago, LEILANI2 said:

Champion™ makes t shirts in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxL.

My glass half full moment:

image.png.8c49cdebcaf4882c4ce4e0d3b8a83310.png

And no holes....

(haven't had any in the last few episodes)

Edited by umgoblue
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

My hubby watched a bit and thought it was boring…..I was explaining that last week was the crown jewel and he missed out

Just have him watch tomorrow night's supersized episode on Lacey, he'll be one of us then. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Eldemarge said:

At no point did Paul decide to solve his own problem.  It's always been 'Well my mom cooks good so she puts food on my plate and I have to eat it!'  /SHRUG   Dude, you are 35 and can use a stove.

He can't because it is too painful. He's in a lot of pain. Pain. His legs hurt, painfully. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, aliya said:
12 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

e beginning of "Circle of Life" from "The Lion King" on full blast.

We had a piano in an area in the living room formed by the stairs. Of course, any sound from the piano would go right up the stairs. When we didn't get up early enough, my mother, a coloratura soprano, would play and sing the Star Spangled Banner.

It was a weird childhood, people.

Our daughter was hard to get up so every morning during the school year her dad would stand by her door and sing "O Texas, my Texas" at her.  She also had a bad habit of turning on her shower and going back to bed!!

• Love 4

I'm upset about a cold sore today and Paul is waking up with SEEPING LEGS and couldn't be arsed.  

Oh dear, here we go with "I made up my own diet" and it's going to be soda, bacon, cheese, 20 eggs, a fast food salad, a bottle of ranch.  "I'm doing my best and working hard and I might have slipped up a couple times but I think losing 8 pounds definitely will show Dr. Now that I'm trying my best and I'm serious."  Yes, I've seen this show.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
Just now, Twopper said:

Our daughter was hard to get up so every morning during the school year her dad would stand by her door and sing "O Texas, my Texas" at her.  She also had a bad habit of turning on her shower and going back to bed!!

I used to tell my dog to get up on the bed and nip my son’s toes. Good times!

• LOL 8
1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

He didn't think to start dieting before going to the doctor? 

No..he was looking forward to all the fast food stops they would be making en route to see Dr. Now.  

I'm not holding out much hope for success with this person.

(Dude also needs to "size up" in his shorts).

• Love 6

But he asked for no pickles or onions.....

I don't blame him. Pickles are gross.

It seems like talking makes him short of breath.

All that mass of a gut pushes on his lungs and reduces his lung capacity. Same reason pregnant women get really short of breath really easily in late pregnancy.

So you're still on the Trulicity? How's that going for you?

So I'm a type II diabetic and not nearly as vigilant about my food as I should be. It's been very effective in stabilizing my blood sugars and thus far I do not need insulin, which I would really like to avoid. I take metformin and Trulicity and together they seem to work well. The first week of Trulicity was awful - lots of nausea and vomiting. The second week I was nauseous the day after the injection and maybe a little the day after that. After that, really no side effects. I'm glad I stuck it out but it was a rocky couple of weeks. Good luck with the new meds!

I know Paul,was a carnie but he did go to school? I missed that part.

I thought I heard him say he stopped going after 7th grade?

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

I can’t do soda at all, but for breakfast seems especially heinous. I had someone tell me they didn’t drink coffee, but they had their soda for caffeine in the morning 🤮 

I occasionally have a Coke in the morning but only when I wake up with a bad headache (which usually happens on the weekend because I am terrible at keeping to a sleep schedule when I don't have to get up for work the next day); I use it to wash down advil and sudafed. I can't do coffee and the coke also helps settle my stomach. But I keep the little 8 oz. cans in my fridge, on the bottom shelf of the door where I can't see them when I'm standing, so I don't see them and get tempted, and I treat them as medicinal. I rarely drink soda if I just want something to drink. (Right now I'm about to get some iced Tazo Sweet Orange tea that I made over the weekend.)

• Love 1

Who--who has ever--had freshly washed and dried laundry that just didn't smell clean?
Unless you gut fish for a living, chances are washing with any bloody detergent and tumble drying is all you need. Even vinegar and baking soda would work!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

Who--who has ever--had freshly washed and dried laundry that just didn't smell clean?
Unless you gut fish for a living, chances are washing with any bloody detergent and tumble drying is all you need. Even vinegar and baking soda would work!

When I was a kid we hung all of our laundry to dry outside, kids in my gym glass would ask why my gym clothes smelled so good. Ah the olden days.

• Love 7
Just now, LEILANI2 said:

Wonder how many food stops and hotels they got on the way back.

Two blocks later:  I'm hungry!  Let's eat...first course

1/4 mile from McD order: I'm hungry! Let's eat, again...second course

Hotel Lobby Snack Closet: I'm hungry! Let's eat dessert...third course...

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

• LOL 1