Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Paul's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I can’t remember the last time I had fast food.

I don't know about fast food in general (might depend on what you count as fast food) but the last time I had McDonald's was March 8, 2019.

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

I can't do soda for breakfast.  I don't know why I'm surprised he doesn't have a normal breakfast meal...

Remember Lacey's "nice breakfast"? Zebra cakes, cheese curls, and coffee. A gourmet delight!

1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

That is a small meal for Paul

Its just a snack.

1 minute ago, babyhouseman said:

She said she couldn't wake him up. Try a stun gun.

A refreshing bucket of cold water could do the trick. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
Just now, LEILANI2 said:

That poor JJ is pushing the luggage and she was the one the night before lugging all the luggage.  This guy is annoying, I'd dump him on the side of the road.

He's oblivious. He literally cannot see anything but food. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, mk828 said:

I've always wondered how they choose which camera guys get stuck in the car on the way to Houston rather than being in the car that follows close behind. The one last week must have earned a monster raise! 

I'm wondering if they use a bunch of little stick on cameras?  Instead of trapping someone in the car with them.    The in car shots are always the same angles.     So day 2, and only entering Louisiana?      I'm not liking Paul, his mother or the girlfriend (not the friend who's driving them).   

So, almost an hour in, and only made Houston?   And the screen at the beginning said it covers six months.     

757 lbs on month 1 (he weighed 744 only 3 months ago).

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

It's hard to use Dr Google if you don't have the right numbers.

*I* am my Mom's Dr. Google. :)   What's the point of having a pharmacist for a daughter if you have to figure it all out for yourself?  Though she still does online research... and then I spend an hour explaining to her why what she read doesn't apply to her or is total quackery! :)  Some things she finds are super funny, like 'natural' homemade treatments that she is always happy to try... 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
Just now, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm wondering if they use a bunch of little stick on cameras?  Instead of trapping someone in the car with them.    The in car shots are always the same angles.     So day 2, and only entering Louisiana?      I'm not liking Paul, his mother or the girlfriend (not the friend who's driving them).   

Most reality shows install a bunch of go pros

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Poor JJ.  It really is like she cares way more than he does about his health, his eating, and getting to this appointment.  This level of motivation is not a good situation! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

If I was JJ I'd leave him & his sorry ass mommy at the hotel and go back home.  He's already planning his FF stops on his way to Houston...he needs to rest??? Guess all those FF stops did him in.  

Don't see this going well.  He doesn't seem invested in anything but eating!

• Love 6
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

"I have to rest."

You're just sitting there!

Idk sitting in the car all day is exhausting for me. I hate cars. They are awful. At least a train I can get up and browse my phone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I've always wondered how they choose which camera guys get stuck in the car on the way to Houston rather than being in the car that follows close behind. The one last week must have earned a monster raise! 

Is there an actual camera-guy in the car or is it a stationary cam that they somehow mount in the car?

I think there's also a difference between long term sexual abuse and some weirdo flashing his willie at you once. We had a flasher in my town years ago. He would target groups of kids at bus stops. Using the logic by some of these folks they should all be obese because they got flashed. 

I think we are still learning so much more about trauma and how different people respond to different types of trauma in different ways. In a way, it's not surprising to me that a child who overate all of his life and then experiences trauma, continues to use the same coping mechanism in an even more destructive way after the trauma. With food, it's something we are exposed to - and take comfort from - birth. It's not surprising that is the substance of abuse for so many people. Others turn to alcohol or drugs or whatever, to numb their pain.

I believe at some point people need to take responsibility for their healing. I have empathy for these folks and I understand how they have gotten where they are. What is frustrating to me is that they can verbalize all of this - "I know I eat to dull the pain of various traumatic events in my life" but that's as far as they get. Understanding how you got to 600 pounds is half the battle. If you can figure all that out, you can figure out how to get un-stuck; and so can the enablers who started feeding you in the first place and continue to overfeed you now...

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

He missed hotel breakfast, and the breakfast room is cleaned....so he slept until 11 at least. 
Mama should have lured him to the car with the food. 

Can you just see her, tossing mozzarella sticks? 

2 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

Okay, y'all.  I think Paul is a lost cause.  He's headed toward eating himself to death.

We're almost an hour in and the wretched man isn't even in Houston yet! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

She said she couldn't wake him up. Try a stun gun.

I'd be clobbering him awake with one of those little half-size brooms they use in hotel lobbies to sweep debris into standing dustpans. Hell, I'd use the dustpan, too. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Play the beginning of "Circle of Life" from "The Lion King" on full blast.

We had a piano in an area in the living room formed by the stairs. Of course, any sound from the piano would go right up the stairs. When we didn't get up early enough, my mother, a coloratura soprano, would play and sing the Star Spangled Banner.

It was a weird childhood, people.

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Wait another one who moves before even losing a pound? Or is this just for a visit?

Er I stopped paying attention.

Dr now seems to have a new protocol for him, as it would be too difficult or dangerous for him to travel back and forth. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Poor JJ.  It really is like she cares way more than he does about his health, his eating, and getting to this appointment.  This level of motivation is not a good situation! 

As Tim Gunn always used to say "I can't want this more than you do". He does not want it at all. 

• Love 8