Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Paul's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Eating habit: ice cream...I know, I know.  Does it count that I had a balanced lunch?

I may or may not have eaten a pint of Haagen Dazs chocolate-chocolate chip ice cream for lunch...

700+ pound man from a carnival family. I can't. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

My Mom decided against getting booster just yet - it's been 6.5 months since her second shot - came down with COVID on Monday...   So hopefully your booster does you good.

Hopefully your mother does well.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Eldemarge said:

I can never figure out this "only food can help with the pain" stuff that we always hear on this show.  

Really its a distraction and I expect for them make them feel good so for a bit because addiction. But even for me I have noticed that eating something (or most dlstractions) can distract me from a headache or my nerve pain briefly (at least so long as I dont use my right arm). It wouldbt be an effective method of pain relief unless you were like a poundtiserpent and eating 15-20k kcal a day.

• Love 4
Just now, Kid said:

Add sexual abuse to the bingo card.

I find it hard to believe he got this big just because the guy whipped out his equipment in front of him, something else had to have happened.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:
4 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Got my booster last Thurs. I was so sick for 3 days.

I had swollen lymph nodes and was exhausted for three days. 

I got my booster on Monday.  My arm became really sore yesterday, and I was tired and a bit feverish, but today I really felt good with the slightest arm pain.

• Love 3

That was a BAD camera angle shooting from his thighs while sitting in the chair.

GF asks if he wants an omlet (I'm going to burn in Hell b/c I thought how many?)

Parental divorce-Check

Child Abuse- Check 

Whoa dad was a big boy too!  Guess the Carnival Diet didn't work well for him.

Guessing his weight is 755 lbs.

• Love 4

Paul MaNeil, from Auburndale, FL , age 35 ,   This only covers six months, how odd.       Auburndale is 15 hours from Dr. Now's office, that trip will be a huge ordeal for him.    His legs look painful, and swollen.  I'm always worried about the danger of infections in the swollen, and awful looking legs.        So he has three huge tattoos.       That breakfast his mother made was nothing but grease, and fat, and in the word's of Lindsey's husband, looked like death on a plate. 

Paul wasn't big, he was overweight even as an infant.    Lots of people have divorced parents.    Oh no, molested at 12, and he feels like it's his fault.   475 by 14, went to work at the carnival after for 12 years after high school.    24-29 he hit 600 lbs.    No one in that group picture was under 300.   33 hit 700 lbs.   

He lives with his mother in a one bedroom, but he has a girlfriend for a year now.   We certainly know who his enabler is, that breakfast was thousands of calories, and that entire tray of cheese sticks and whatever else it was brings the total easily nearing 8-10,000 calories a day I bet.   

I find it scary watching the introduction, with a lot of patients, seeing the poundticipants cram down food.   I worry about choking. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

It's always "I got too big to work, so I had to quit and I kept eating" and not "I got too big to work so I tried my damndest to lose some weight so I could actually support myself again."

ALSO, how does he have a girlfriend?  What does have to offer since his "whole life revolves around food"???  

Edited by Eldemarge
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9

Good evening Pounders!  My eating habits today were a 1/2 Panera sandwich and vegetables.

I can already tell that this episode is going to be a LOT less interesting than the Shit Storm from last week!

• Love 6

His whole family is big but none have ballooned to his epic proportions.  Isn't inability to move, work or live by yourself a clue to stop eating and do something? 

And how in hell did he find a girlfriend?  Who wants to play second fiddle to food for the entire 'relationship'?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Good Lord we’re all these ppl abused?

Pretty much yeah. To get to the point that you are eating enough to weigh 600+ pounds abuse, especially sexual abuse, is really common. Its how people cope and escape from emotions they cant handle. Thats why therapy is often a component lf tnese episodes.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

I got a text and missed a bit; was that tiny baby his?

That is a lot of mozzarella sticks.

Tiny doggie!

I don't think so, they never explained.  Just a picture to show his girth, I believe.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Splashes said:

Pretty much yeah. To get to the point that you are eating enough to weigh 600+ pounds abuse, especially sexual abuse, is really common. Its how people cope and escape from emotions they cant handle. Thats why therapy is often a component lf tnese episodes.

at risk of being a cynical nitwit, weren't we all? In some way?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Paul MaNeil, from Auburndale, FL , age 35 ,   This only covers six months, how odd.       Auburndale is 15 hours from Dr. Now's office, that trip will be a huge ordeal for him.    His legs look painful, and swollen.  I'm always worried about the danger of infections in the swollen, and awful looking legs.        So he has three huge tattoos.       That breakfast his mother made was nothing but grease, and fat, and in the word's of Lindsey's husband, looked like death on a plate. 

Paul wasn't big, he was overweight even as an infant.    Lots of people have divorced parents.    Oh no, molested at 12, and he feels like it's his fault.   475 by 14, went to work at the carnival after for 12 years after high school.    24-29 he hit 600 lbs.    No one in that group picture was under 300.   33 hit 700 lbs.   

He lives with his mother in a one bedroom, but he has a girlfriend for a year now.   

I find it scary watching the introduction, with a lot of patients, seeing the poundticipants cram down food.   I worry about choking. 

Oh I have friends who live in Auburndale

Hello from Birmingham!!! we get keys on Friday but are in a Residence Inn for a week until we get moved in.  Mr Twopper found a movie to watch so I will have to read along.  I have to go buy a new washer and dryer tomorrow plus a new mattress for our bed.  

We had a late lunch at a cracker Barrel where I had the trout, broccoli, and baked apples.  the hotel had snacks at 5 so we had chicken kabobs, carrots, celery, chips with dips, and cookies.

• Love 10