Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E21: Reunion (Part 1)

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She truly is the worst and that outfit last night looked like she was cosplaying a cut-rate Batman villian in an off-off-off-Broadway musical.

Rinna is starting to resemble Maxine of greeting card fame.  Maybe she's gunning for her job, just in case she gets canned from BH.  No way will Harry keep her around if she's not bringing in the dough.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

Every reunion makes me wonder, "Does anyone take pics or video of themselves in the dresses while SITTING on a couch or in a chair?" Their stylists or whoever helps them really need to take candids of them sitting because that's where so many of the looks fall apart. 

It's natural to slouch or relax after sitting or having a conversation where the main thing on your mind isn't dress placement and boob display.

Maybe it's because I have a short torso and generally think about what happens to my body in an outfit when I'm sitting. But, so many reunion look problems could be solved by sitting as part of the selection process.

• Useful 7
  • Love 12
45 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I managed to go over the summer to see F9. I expected to feel weird, but everything was fine. I received my COVID booster the other day, so I'm even more confident.

Are you thinking of watching it on Peacock? 

Will it be on there? I received my booster as well.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

The person who I think is most likely to be racist is Dorit. The other women can literally get away with anything without being called a bully. She did apologize for that word, but then the way she screamed at Garcelle was so off-putting. She hasn't screamed at any of the others like that. There are times I've actually felt bad for Dorit, like when Erika wouldn't forgive her, or when Kyle mocks her and gets snappy. But her own behavior isn't very pretty either. I know being a racist is one of the worst things you can be, so I still hope she's not and is just more of a doofus, but again, actions speak louder than words imo. 

But they have POC working I their home and her mom's best friend is black so surely she can't be a racist. I am sure the fact that in all the long years useless Dorit has been on this show she has never yelled at another cast member the way she did at Garcelle has nothing to do with race.  I am usually cautious about calling people racist without some solid evidence, since it is, in my mind, one of the worst things you can all someone. So, to be clear, Dog dumper (also one of the worst things a person can be) Dorit is also, IMO, a racist. She should have been fired two seasons ago. I don't care how cute her kids are, I would now prefer Dorit being fired to Kyle. At least Kyle is an equal opportunity phony ass bitch.

• Love 23
27 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

When is Harry in bed with her to have these conversations? LOL did he call her from Canada to say that? She is so full of shit

Most people don't hate Harry with the same burning passion they hate Lisa. In fact many of us retain some wierd soft spot for him and, heaven knows, you have to feel a little sorry for him married to that shrew. I believe Harry even bothered to comment on a show he likely never watches as much as I believe Erika feels bad for the widows and orphans her lawyers reminded her to comment on. That would be not at all.

• Love 20
59 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Next week, I hope in addition to Erika's feet being held to the fire, it's brought up how often Kyle was shit-stirring and bringing stuff back up that had been squashed.  

Yes and why does she do it?  Do the producers tell her to?  What is their motivation?  Wouldn't the producers like to move onto new conflicts?  There are always new ones growing.  Why is Kyle always there to bring up the old ones that everyone's moved on from?

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

Man, when Rinna hopped over to the other couch and was trying wrap herself around Garcelle and be all saccharine sweet, I wanted to barf. I'm sure Garcelle was just playing along in order to make it STOP, but nonetheless, RUN AWAY GARCELLE!!!

That was the same stunt Ramona pulled with Eboni on RHoNY!

8 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

She's having them redone to add allegedly. 

I'm DEAD! Hahaha

• Love 6

IMO, Dorit is demonstrating a lot of unconscious racial bias - the yelling over Garcelle plus the really petty nature of her complaints towards Garcelle indicate to me that there are some deeper issues there. 

I am a little ambivalent around the Garcelle/Rinna conflict. Granted, I do think that Rinna's anger towards Garcelle is as deeply weird as it was towards Denise. It indicates, IMO, a dislike of people she knew beforehand coming on her Real Housewives turf.

But I also don't think that she's entirely wrong that Garcelle probably should have said something to her about this secondhand comment. Now, the demanding of the apology and all of Rinna's over the top behavior otherwise was ridiculous. But I agree with Rinna on the one point that if that was part of why Garcelle had issues with Rinna, she should have said something to Rinna about it.

That being said, I thought that Rinna was exaggerating how "badly" Garcelle treated her. From where I sit, Garcelle was mostly cordial with Rinna and Rinna was mostly mad that Garcelle didn't want a deeper "friendship."

ETA: Someone else here mentioned Dorit saying "I am not talking to you" to Erika and I also caught that. That's interesting. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Surrealist said:

I want to like Crystal, then she pulls this shit.

I so wish Garcelle had brought  up the comment that Crystal made about not knowing who Sutton is,  maybe she will. Crystal will sit back to see who carries the most weight in this group and that's where her loyalty will lie. 

Edited by byrd
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, byrd said:

I so wish Garcelle had brought that up , maybe she will. Crystal will sit back to see who carries the most weight in this group and that's where her loyalty will lie. 

I don't really have an issue with what Crystal said. Garcelle was being shady at that moment, at least about Crystal.  IMO, Garcelle can be a little passive aggressive, and Crystal was asked if she thought it was the case, and she brought up a comment that she thought was an example of that. She's allowed to have an opinion. 

I don't think Crystal is as calculating as some think she is. IMO, she's still trying to figure out her own relationships with most of these women. But at the end of the day, I thought it was a decent exchange between Crystal and Garcelle because Crystal calmly explained why she didn't like the comment, Garcelle received it, and that was it. That's how adults act.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I don't really have an issue with what Crystal said. Garcelle was being shady at that moment, at least about Crystal.  IMO, Garcelle can be a little passive aggressive, and Crystal was asked if she thought it was the case, and she brought up a comment that she thought was an example of that. She's allowed to have an opinion. 

I don't think Crystal is as calculating as some think she is. IMO, she's still trying to figure out her own relationships with most of these women. But at the end of the day, I thought it was a decent exchange between Crystal and Garcelle because Crystal calmly explained why she didn't like the comment, Garcelle received it, and that was it. That's how adults act.  

I hope I am wrong about her, but I have seen this before in this coven.    

Edited by byrd
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Shameless plug for Kyle’s movie. Not a horror movie fan but I love Jamie Lee Curtis. 

Not gonna lie, I'm down for this movie.  I haven't seen any other iterations (except the original) but this looks like it would be a good double feature with the first one on Halloween night. 

• Love 5

All the Kathy hype has been pretty overblown. Props to Bravo for trying but she's no LVP.

Now, if you could gas Kyle and get LVP and Kathy, that might work. Kyle just drags the whole show down to high school cafeteria level drama. 

• Love 21
19 minutes ago, Mojitogirl said:

I think Sutton’s earrings were the best true Beverly Hills glam that anyone has ever worn on a reunion show.  They were exquisite. 

I think Sutton has great pieces similar to Dorinda - I wouldn't wear them the way she does but she has great clothes. Sutton to me is the most truly stylish than the rest of these twats  besides Crystal and Garcelle gets a pass. Sutton's biggest issue is she wears things that accentuate her flaws sometimes. BH is very trendy like Atlanta and OC- they remind me of the younger shows like love and hip hop and VR- The clothes wear them. Versus the NYC girls and at times some of the Potamac Lasses - They are more stylish, wear clothes for their body types, etc. Kyle is the worst. She is a pretty lady, she has a good body but she ALMOST ALWAYS looks stumpy and in sausage tight clothes. Erica has always been a tacky drag queen impersonator and now she is doing Dolly Parton, the early years, when Dolly did her own glam. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
55 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

IMO, Dorit is demonstrating a lot of unconscious racial bias - the yelling over Garcelle plus the really petty nature of her complaints towards Garcelle indicate to me that there are some deeper issues there. 

I am a little ambivalent around the Garcelle/Rinna conflict. Granted, I do think that Rinna's anger towards Garcelle is as deeply weird as it was towards Denise. It indicates, IMO, a dislike of people she knew beforehand coming on her Real Housewives turf.

But I also don't think that she's entirely wrong that Garcelle probably should have said something to her about this secondhand comment. Now, the demanding of the apology and all of Rinna's over the top behavior otherwise was ridiculous. But I agree with Rinna on the one point that if that was part of why Garcelle had issues with Rinna, she should have said something to Rinna about it.

That being said, I thought that Rinna was exaggerating how "badly" Garcelle treated her. From where I sit, Garcelle was mostly cordial with Rinna and Rinna was mostly mad that Garcelle didn't want a deeper "friendship."

ETA: Someone else here mentioned Dorit saying "I am not talking to you" to Erika and I also caught that. That's interesting. 

Are you talking about Dorit's comment to Garcelle when Rinna was sitting next to Garcelle? Garcelle said that she would give Rinna a chance. Dorit piped up and said "But do you mean it?" Erika leaned over to Dorit and said shush, stop it. Dorit turned to Erika and said I'm not talking to you. Clear example of Dorit not wanting to see Garcelle and Rinna makeup. She wants and needs to keep Rinna tightly in the web with the rest of the mean girls.

Edited by 65mickey
  • Useful 5
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, lamujerdecente said:

Sutton to me is the most truly stylish than the rest of these twats  besides Crystal and Garcelle gets a pass. Sutton's biggest issue is she wears things that accentuate her flaws sometimes.

Yah, but that's one of the reasons I  ❤️  her.  She's so into the couture!!!!!  😊She's like a little kid with it.

• Love 7

I'm so happy to hear that Erika is sleeping well. I'm sure the alleged victims enjoyed hearing that as well. She truly is vile.

Kyle didn't do much this episode besides giving eyes and pursing her lips. 

Rinna is such a freaking gaslighter! I could feel my blood pressure go up just watching her. Garcelle better be smart not to trust her. We all know she would throw her own mother under the bus if it means good tv. Her and Dorit are trying to spin this narrative that somehow Garcelle isn't open or present enough and they wonder why Garcelle says that she feels that she doesn't fit in. 

Edited by MaggieG
  • Love 22

I wonder if Erika's puffiness is from Lexapro, which she said she started taking a while back when shit hit the fan.  It made me puffy too - but everywhere! Le sigh.

Dorit has a lot of nothing-made-to-be-something with her Garcelle issues.  I think it stems from the dinner when Garcelle called her out "That's not what you said the other night..." and whatever Garcelle said that made Dorit proclaim "I have black friends! My uncle's nephew's hamster's sister is black!"  She has lingering resentment about those things.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, lawrbk said:

What REALLY turned me off was RINNA yelling at Garcelle not to tell her to do anything, she can do what she wants, etc. She looked insane. It was really gross. Whereas Dorit looked frustrated, Rinna looked angry and vicious and sounded like it too. I don’t think Garcelle has forgiven her one bit, nor should she, but she’s just going to humor her and move on. But no way she trusts her. She’s done. 

4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Dorit is relentless with Garcelle. Enough, already. Don't they all get in their digs during the confessionals? People forget they are being asked questions by production behind the camera. They answer the questions. I wish Garcelle would have pointed that out. 

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The nasty accusations about what Garcelle says in her confessionals and she rightly pointed out--and Kyle even agreed with her--that they ALL do that.

Rinna seemed particularly angry last night.  I think she decided that ~works for Erika, so she'd start it to.  That was straight-up gaslighting with Garcelle telling her "Harry thinks you're sad."  She truly is the worst and that outfit last night looked like she was cosplaying a cut-rate Batman villian in an off-off-off-Broadway musical.

The level of hostility that Garcelle seems to inspire in Dorit and Rinna is really bizarre to me. It's hard not to wonder if there's some racism behind it in Dorit's case. The way she yells at Garcelle and keeps seeing her as being a bully--she took back the word because the audience slammed her for it but certainly acts like she still thinks it's true. Still love how she insists Garcelle isn't being direct by throwing darts. Sure Garcelle can be passive-aggressive and like all of them is sometimes more candid--a lot more candid--in THs, but it doesn't get more metaphorically direct than THROWING A DART! That's literally the whole point of a dart!

Rinna, meanwhile, seems to be trying to imitate Erika's tough girl talk when she talks to Garcelle and with her, too, it's totally OTT and suspicious. When Erika does it to Sutton it's about covering up her crimes. I'm not sure if with Rinna it's coming from a place of true hostility or if she's just really trying to commit to her chosen role of Garcelle's nemesis/Erika's sidekick. 

• Love 24

Look what online detectives have dug up:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVAzvOZF4QX/

thetalkofshame

On part one of the #RHOBH reunion, Garcelle said she heard that Rinna said “race should have never been brought up on the show”

Rinna denied it and later on WWHL when Andy asked Garcelle whether she believed Rinna, Garcelle sort of begrudgingly said yes.

But the Reddit and Twitter detectives have pulled out receipts of a Twitter post Rinna liked in May of this year that seem to back what Garcelle was saying.

#rhobh #realhousewivesofbeverlyhills

xdfdfds.jpg

38 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Are you talking about Dorit's comment to Garcelle when Rinna was sitting next to Garcelle? Garcelle said that she would give Rinna a chance. Dorit piped up and said "But do you mean it?" Erika leaned over to Dorit and said shush, stop it. Dorit turned to Erika and said I'm not talking to you. Clear example of Dorit not wanting to see Garcelle and Rinna makeup. She wants and needs to keep Rinna tightly in the web with the rest of the mean girls.

Yes, agree with you, 100%

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

The level of hostility that Garcelle seems to inspire in Dorit and Rinna is really bizarre to me. It's hard not to wonder if there's some racism behind it in Dorit's case. The way she yells at Garcelle and keeps seeing her as being a bully--she took back the word because the audience slammed her for it but certainly acts like she still thinks it's true. Still love how she insists Garcelle isn't being direct by throwing darts. Sure Garcelle can be passive-aggressive and like all of them is sometimes more candid--a lot more candid--in THs, but it doesn't get more metaphorically direct than THROWING A DART! That's literally the whole point of a dart!

Rinna, meanwhile, seems to be trying to imitate Erika's tough girl talk when she talks to Garcelle and with her, too, it's totally OTT and suspicious. When Erika does it to Sutton it's about covering up her crimes. I'm not sure if with Rinna it's coming from a place of true hostility or if she's just really trying to commit to her chosen role of Garcelle's nemesis/Erika's sidekick. 

Haha. I was thinking the same thing while watching about the darts! How can Dorit at once tell Garcelle she’s not being direct and go on and on about throwing darts?! That’s the entire point of throwing darts is to directly hit the target! Either she’s mad because Garcelle DOESN’T speak her mind about grievances or she’s mad that she DOES speak up too freely with barbs—which is it? But I think Dorit was upset about the ongoing jabs to her face (as she perceived them), and maybe it was Rinna (don’t really recall) who started in on the talking heads, and Dorit just jumped on that, too. But as was mentioned, Garcelle certainly wasn’t any more cruel or insulting either in the talking heads or in person than any other cast member. I really don’t understand how this first hour was mainly about Dorit and Rinna going in on Garcelle. I mean, I guess it was to rehash the ongoing spats of the season, but EVERYONE told Dorit she droned on for too long this season! I just don’t understand why Dorit only got upset about Garcelle pointing out when she was monopolizing the conversation. (I truly can’t recall anything else that Dorit felt slighted by Garcelle over beyond that—but maybe there was something?) They even had a clip of Kyle and Dorit arguing on a private jet about Dorit talking too much—but that may have been a clip from the prior season (which I didn’t see)? If the whole cast tells you that, then maybe look within. As for Rinna, I don’t understand this woman. She’s constantly telling everyone else to “be honest!” and really let each other have it with the ways they’ve slighted you like Mr Costanza at Festivus. Why is the focus of this entire series an “airing of grievances” at all times? This does not seem like a fun way to hang out with your “friends.” 
Frank Costanza Seinfeld GIF by MOODMAN

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Dutchgirl said:

love how Crystal tries to call out Garcelle for not telling her to her face that Garcelle didn’t know who she was. Uh, Crystal, do you mean like YOU did to Sutton?

This!

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

I 100% think she wants to be seen as Erika's 'second in command' which, given current events, is a strange choice.  But everything about her demeanor last night--including that prologue with her at Erika's house--suggests she wants to be seen in this light.  Why you'd want to be seen as a bitchy, angry liar is a mystery.  I can only guess because she thinks it's her best way to stay ~relevant.

Also, I think there's more than a whiff of racism involved with her and Dorit committed to making Garcelle seem like "angry Black woman."  Not to mention, at least as far as Rinna is concerned, there's bitterness at Garcelle's professional successes.  

• Love 21

Haven’t read comments yet, but, Kyle’s dress is the most disgusting and hideous garment I’ve ever seen.  Four boobs, or am I seeing wrong.

Lisa Rinna is dressed for Halloween, I guess.  Her mask is already on.  All she needs is the broom.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Was Erika interrupting when Dorit was yelling at Garcelle?  That could be why she said "I'm not talking to you," as in, "stfu while I yell at Garcelle!"

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Crystal did the same thing to Sutton, though.  When she was with the other women, and in front of Garcelle, she said her snobby "I don't know her."  She didn't say it TO Sutton, but behind her back.  So how is that different from what Garcelle did?  Does Crystal think she is being passive aggressive by digging at Sutton behind her back?

• Love 18
1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

Kyle didn't do much this episode besides giving eyes and pursing her lips. 

Now, now, she also moved her head back and forth as though watching a ping pong match, overacted her reactions, and swung those stiff, pointy strands of hair hanging in her face like parentheses.

54 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Rinna gave it away when she projected onto Garcelle and accused her of doing whatever to be relevant.  No, Rinna, it is you manufacturing drama with Garcelle to stay relevant.

• LOL 4
  • Love 17
9 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Lisa Rinna is dressed for Halloween, I guess.  Her mask is already on.  All she needs is the broom.

When Rinna got up to faux make up with Garcelle I thought I heard Dorit say something under her breath like "she just wants to show off her dress."  I thought, why bring attention to that horrible use of purple velvet.

Prince called, he wants his purple velvet back.

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

When Rinna got up to faux make up with Garcelle I thought I heard Dorit say something under her breath like "she just wants to show off her dress."  I thought, why bring attention to that horrible use of purple velvet.

Prince called, he wants his purple velvet back.

I think Kyle takes the cake for worst dressed.  I see two boobs on the top shaded, and two little boobs on the bottom underneath that clip or whatever the hell it is.  Elvira with the lips comes in second.  I hated all those bucket and fishing hats she wore all year too.  Especially with the bathrobes on, or pj’s.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I think Kyle takes the cake for worst dressed.  I see two boobs on the top shaded, and two little boobs on the bottom underneath that clip or whatever the hell it is.  Elvira with the lips comes in second.  I hated all those bucket and fishing hats she wore all year too.  Especially with the bathrobes on, or pj’s.

Erika picked that pink dress to spend eternity in (that is what I am calling the four parts to the reunion), was there nothing else for her to choose from? It looks like a human adult size dress from the Barbie collection...why not go sophisticated? Maybe this is Mikey taking revenge on Erika because that dress looked so cheap and unflattering.

The 80's called, they want their prom dress back.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Nicmar said:

I did not like Suttons hair or dress, I wish Garcelle would of wore a bold bright lip. I wonder if that dress wore made indentations in her ass after sitting in too long?

I don't know if this is a new thing but I noticed most of the wives had blush that matched their lipstick. It was applied in a line through their cheek like contour as opposed to on the apple of the cheek. It didn't do anyone any favors and I hope if a trend it goes away.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

If Door-it and Lisa didn't have their "feud" with Garcelle, they'd have contributed absolutely nothing to this season. Hell, even last year all Door-it contributed was a Buca di Beppo renovation. So it was rich hearing Doggy-Dumping Door-it accuse Garcelle of contriving a storyline.

I'll reluctantly admit that Lisa had a small point when she said Garcelle could have brought up the race comment to her rather than drop the bomb at the reunion. It's not too dissimilar to what Kyle did to Garcelle last year. But then Lisa lost any high ground she could have claimed when she pulled that Harry comment out of thin air. It's the same stunt she pulled against Door-it when she retaliated against "is her behavior induced? (i.e. does that baggie mean she's a pill addict?)" with "were you all doing coke in the bathroom?"

This better not be a 4-part reunion due to a bunch of pointless filler like Lisa and Erika's "bitches be going down" pep talk and Kyle's Halloween promo.

• Love 9

Another layer just hit me. Dorit's entire decision to project "passive provocative" statements and grasps for relevance onto Garcelle was proof positive beyond any reasonable doubt that Dorit has no close association with any Black woman who gives even a smidgeon of a damn about her at all. If her mother's BBF ever existed, she would have been pressed into service to help give Dorit some kind of reasonable recovery from the initial "all my servants are POC" conversation.

There is no way I would let a White woman I give a salt granule of a damn about play herself like this without any sort of private intervention. Dorit is truly one of the dumbest HW's I can recall on this franchise. She has no idea of the current year and climate we are living in at all. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Haha. I was thinking the same thing while watching about the darts! How can Dorit at once tell Garcelle she’s not being direct and go on and on about throwing darts?! That’s the entire point of throwing darts is to directly hit the target! Either she’s mad because Garcelle DOESN’T speak her mind about grievances or she’s mad that she DOES speak up too freely with barbs—which is it? But I think Dorit was upset about the ongoing jabs to her face (as she perceived them), and maybe it was Rinna (don’t really recall) who started in on the talking heads, and Dorit just jumped on that, too. But as was mentioned, Garcelle certainly wasn’t any more cruel or insulting either in the talking heads or in person than any other cast member. I really don’t understand how this first hour was mainly about Dorit and Rinna going in on Garcelle. I mean, I guess it was to rehash the ongoing spats of the season, but EVERYONE told Dorit she droned on for too long this season! I just don’t understand why Dorit only got upset about Garcelle pointing out when she was monopolizing the conversation. (I truly can’t recall anything else that Dorit felt slighted by Garcelle over beyond that—but maybe there was something?) They even had a clip of Kyle and Dorit arguing on a private jet about Dorit talking too much—but that may have been a clip from the prior season (which I didn’t see)? If the whole cast tells you that, then maybe look within. As for Rinna, I don’t understand this woman. She’s constantly telling everyone else to “be honest!” and really let each other have it with the ways they’ve slighted you like Mr Costanza at Festivus. Why is the focus of this entire series an “airing of grievances” at all times? This does not seem like a fun way to hang out with your “friends.” 
Frank Costanza Seinfeld GIF by MOODMAN

Festivus for the rest of us! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Rinna came for Garcelle so strongly in the beginning, even interrupting Dorit's nonsense with a snide remark and then yelling at Garcelle not to tell her what to do.  Yet... within 5 minutes, she was literally cozying up to her, trying to be besties again.  I'm thinking that when her denial of the "bringing race into the show" comment didn't work, she regrouped and decided to make nice.  I believe she is trying to avoid another PR nightmare.  And, I also agree with you astute posters that Kyle was likely the source of that gem.  

• Love 19