Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E21: Reunion (Part 1)

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Showthyme said:

Erika’s dress looked like a clearance item from TJ Maxx. 

17 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I thought Erika's dress looked like a clearance item from a "small town" consignment shop/Goodwill Resale store. 

No offense to small towns - I live in a small town, with a few consignment shops nearby, but they are all very high-end - lots of logos and designer handbags.  They are somewhere where label-obsessed Dorit would look for bargains (if she didn't get most of her clothes/shoes/handbags given/loaned to her, which is where I think most of her wardrobe comes from).

I agree with you both, and raise that it looks like a "Sonja by Sonja Morgan" that was found at TJMaxx or a consignment shop.  😄 

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

But of course, this also brings up the other obvious thing, which is that Tom actually is getting more heat from the audience than he's getting from Erika. She's been supporting his defense at every turn while also saying she's a victim of his--and I believe, trying to position herself at the head of the line for money before the people whose money was stolen and given/spent on her. And she's getting paid a big salary to talk about it on TV, probably more money than the victims are making.

I saw someone online expressing sympathy to Erika that she was in an abusive marriage.  LOL.  There is zero proof of that, but there IS an abundance of proof of Erika and Tom abusing others!  People twist the facts to fit any made up narrative.

• Love 15
6 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I agree with your points about how Sutton is being portrayed at the reunion and WWHL.  I'm wondering if it is Andy's doing or the producers of the shows.  Andy's Jackhole roast of Sutton fell flat with the studio audience, so hopefully he gets the message.  

He won’t.  There have been numerous polls on Sutton v Erika, and Sutton has won them all, overwhelmingly.

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
13 hours ago, amarante said:

jayne.thumb.jpg.88f6c1f950f406c8a82dba433f2c977f.jpg

816D1C97-81F4-40E8-B36B-C2E3CAF9E54A-1.jpeg.b7e6f3b4cc9e5876d846740d74c70ffa.thumb.jpeg.6bb2bc5c878c6c957fde2d0c194ae514.jpeg

I am posting the dress as worn by a model and by Erika in the same frame to illustrate how awful it actually looks on Erika.

The bottom line is that Erika truly has absolutely no sense of style but is drawn to stripper style and/or clothing that is meant to be worn by drag queens (meaning no disrespect) as drag queens typically dress DELIBERATELY as caricatures as part of their shtick. It is like emulating Mae West or Dolly Parton deliberately as part of one's "every day" style and thinking it is chic.

Beyond that Erika simply doesn't have the body to carry off this kind of extremely difficult style and fabric. Not that anyone should WANT to attempt to carry it off but I can't recall any housewife on this franchise who so consistently looks as badly dressed as Erika - even when she isn't attempting to be overtly over-sexual she somehow looks off.

I can't imagine who would buy the dress even as shown on the model but I don't know how Erika could have tried on the dress and actually decided that it was a flattering look for her - walking, standing, sitting or even lying down it looked awful. It is astounding that with a room filled with expensive clothing that she decided that this was the dress to be worn that would be memorialized in four television episodes as well as numerous clips and be dissected on the internet. 

I don’t care that she has more curves.  But what hit me about the dress was how badly the left (her left) top side fit.  It’s very loose, when the other side is not.  Which is how I noticed how hard her left breast seemed.  It’s floating above the fabric for crying out loud!

another thought about Erika.  Honey, you claimed you couldn’t divorce Tom because he was such a powerful lawyer (which I don’t buy, there are divorce lawyers who specialize in representing the women of wealthy men), but if that was true (“where was I going to go” she claimed), why would you tell him to divorce you?  Not buying the attempt to change the narrative.

On earrings - Not a fan of suttons’s earrings. But kathy’s look like the the real thing.

Edited by Mrs peel
Typos, always typos
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
53 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Erika could have walked away years ago but she was used to a certain life style, she was broke before, she could have been broke again and survive just fine, she said she was scrappy and did a lot of different jobs in the past but now she is not willing to do anything without a glam team so that is on her.  Now she is by her standards broke but still has a glam team so how broke is broke for her?

And an assistant!!! 😂

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Now she is by her standards broke but still has a glam team so how broke is broke for her?

Broke for Erika?  Downgrading from a Lamborgini to a Range Rover.  Moving from a Pasadena mansion to Hancock Park 2M rental but not heating the pool!!

So living on her 600K (for part time work) from Bravo plus whatever she's getting on SM.  I would love to be that broke. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Broke for Erika?  Downgrading from a Lamborgini to a Range Rover.  Moving from a Pasadena mansion to Hancock Park 2M rental but not heating the pool!!

So living on her 600K (for part time work) from Bravo plus whatever she's getting on SM.  I would love to be that broke. 

Exactly. Broke for Erika is anything other than extremely rich. I know tons of rich people, and none of them spend like she did. 

• Love 5

When Rinna gets excited and laughs and claps, someone said she reminds her of a trained seal, get her a ball (maybe she’ll shut up as she tries to balance it on her nose). It’s all I can think of when she does her fake laugh. 

Erika’s dress looks like a clearance rack item from the Deb Shop. I had something like that in the 80’s, either donated or in the trash bin years ago. She blew it this season. If she had shown one drop of empathy, people may have been sympathetic towards her. I don’t think she’s capable of any real emotion except anger. It’s pathetic.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

When Rinna gets excited and laughs and claps, someone said she reminds her of a trained seal, get her a ball (maybe she’ll shut up as she tries to balance it on her nose). It’s all I can think of when she does her fake laugh. 

Rinna reminds me of one of those obnoxious ugly wind up monkeys dolls with the crashing cymbals with an added screechy cackle always laughing at her own jokes. Not a bit of decorum with a flashing “Look at ME! Look at ME!” sign above her head at all times. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 13

Clearly, Rinna, Erika and Dorit planned to gang up on Garcelle to take the heat off Erika.  I am not a violent person, but if Dorit yelled at me the way she yelled at Garcelle, that bitch would still be looking for her teeth.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

I wonder if she was offered bonus $ to not walk out.

They receive pay for the reunion which is an obvious incentive. I would imagine for Erika, it could be close to $100,000.

It also would be the almost certainly the kiss of death in terms of not being asked for additional seasons and Erika wants and needs the gig desperately.

There have been very few housewives who didn't show up at the reunion and it didn't generally end well for them. I think it is mostly used by housewives like Vanderpump and Adrienne Malouf who want out although I would imagine that Vanderpump spoke with BRAVO executives to make sure that Vanderpump Rules and other potential projects weren't going to be jeopardized. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 3

Let’s face it. Nasty Erika did wonders to perk up RHOC. Naked-gate was getting boring fast.
I’ll bet the RHONY franchise is desperately looking through closets for skeletons to ramp up ratings. The New York gals tanked this season. 🥱😴

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Clearly, Rinna, Erika and Dorit planned to gang up on Garcelle to take the heat off Erika.  I am not a violent person, but if Dorit yelled at me the way she yelled at Garcelle, that bitch would still be looking for her teeth.  

And, yet they were all aghast that Garcelle said in an interview that some of her BH colleagues were coming after her- which is exactly what they were doing. They certainly don’t like to “own it.”

• Love 19
21 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Let’s face it. Nasty Erika did wonders to perk up RHOC. Naked-gate was getting boring fast.
I’ll bet the RHONY franchise is desperately looking through closets for skeletons to ramp up ratings. The New York gals tanked this season. 🥱😴

And not get off topic too much, apparently the rumors were correct and there will not be a reunion this year.

On topic, WTF with that twat known as Erika referring to the victims as "alleged?"  

These victims are not "alleged," Erika.  They were decided in a court of law to be victims and hence awarded their settlements that your husband robbed them of.  

Fucking idiot.

And Kyle had to have Farrah's boyfriend explain the NYT article to her because it was so long?  Not to make sure she was comprehending it correctly but because it was so long?  (insert face palm emoji here).  

And she was certainly quiet during this segment of the reunion.  I guess she's hoping the target won't land on her for all her not-so-subtle shit stirring this season.  You can hide your shit stirring spoon, Kyle, but we all saw your shenanigans this season.  🥄

• Love 13

Finally got around to watching this.

The gang-up on Garcelle really, really pissed me off. The rest of the women proved everything she’s been saying. They do hold her to a double standard — everybody throws shade in their THs, but Garcelle gets shit for it? They want her to speak up and be honest, and then she’s “throwing jabs”? 

Rinna’s defensiveness told me all I needed to know. What if Garcelle would confront her on the race comment? She would have pulled her same amnesiac denials. So what would have been the point? Garcelle sees through Rinna as if Rinna is made out of Saran Wrap. THAT is what is stuck in Rinna’s craw. Garcelle is not buying her phony bullshit. 

So, just as I thought, Erika stayed on the show against attorney advice — no wonder she’s gone through a couple. I do so hope this ultimately bites her in the ass. She wants her “truth” to come out, but the way she’s obviously embellished and lied all this time makes anything she says unbelievable — which is exactly why she should have taken a pass on this season — and the show, until this is resolved one way or another. Sorry that RHOBH is now apparently her sole  income, but many many people have it much worse. I hate her. (Next week, she gets angry — like that helps anything. 👎)

EDIT: I did get a laugh out of Sutton’s business growing “excrementally,” and Erika’s reaction. Gotta find the bright spots somewhere…

Edited by RoseAllDay
Spelling, extra thought
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
On 10/16/2021 at 7:26 PM, hoosier80 said:

She reminds me of an excited baby in a high chair. Or Horshack in Welcome Back, Kotter.

6 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

And not get off topic too much, apparently the rumors were correct and there will not be a reunion this year.

On topic, WTF with that twat known as Erika referring to the victims as "alleged?"  

These victims are not "alleged," Erika.  They were decided in a court of law to be victims and hence awarded their settlements that your husband robbed them of.  

Fucking idiot.

And Kyle had to have Farrah's boyfriend explain the NYT article to her because it was so long?  Not to make sure she was comprehending it correctly but because it was so long?  (insert face palm emoji here).  

And she was certainly quiet during this segment of the reunion.  I guess she's hoping the target won't land on her for all her not-so-subtle shit stirring this season.  You can hide your shit stirring spoon, Kyle, but we all saw your shenanigans this season.  🥄

Yeah….the “alleged” victims. She doesn’t care about anybody but herself, and she never will. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I thought she said it was Faye’s (as in The Morally Corrupt) that “broke it down” for her? Not that it matters - I just can’t believe she keeps pointing out that she could not read and comprehend the article! It makes her look even MORE like a dimwit; and I feel like she has insecurity over not having a high level education and THIS IS NOT HELPING, KYLE. 🙄

I think she thinks it’s cute or cool to not have read the whole thing. It’s like…you don’t have a full time job and apparently have tons of time to blow money on assembling hideous outfits that literally hurt to look at (see: her reunion look). You don’t have a hour to sit and read an article revealing IN DEPTH SECRETS about a co-worker in the closest thing you have to a job? It just seems like poor judgement. 

I live in LA and I read the LA Times daily, and for the record I will say the Girardi exposé was one of the longest articles they have published in a long time. But still! 

Also LOL at the blatant Halloween advertising and the ad when Jamie Lee says “OBVIOUSLY we had to have Kyle Richards in the movie!” 😂😂😂😂😂 That was beneath Jamie Lee’s brand!

I sound mean. I think Kyle is a fundamentally good person but she can be so frustrating and, I feel, needs feedback like this. 

P.S. I think Kyle brought Kathy on the show as a security blanket / shield. Queen LVP would never have had to bring in untouchable family back-up to hide behind and film “cute” scenes with for fan goodwill. 

• Love 14
10 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Fucking idiot.

Maybe they got their settlement cheques and just forgot to cash them? Maybe they tucked a $12 million cheque in a drawer and it got stuck up in behind? That happens. Maybe their mail was stolen? Maybe G&K sent out settlement cheques to old addresses? Widows and orphans often miss rent payments and get evicted, it's hard to keep their current address on file.

Hard to know what happened. 

giphy.gif

• LOL 15
2 hours ago, HelloOutThere said:

I thought she said it was Faye’s (as in The Morally Corrupt) that “broke it down” for her? Not that it matters - I just can’t believe she keeps pointing out that she could not read and comprehend the article! It makes her look even MORE like a dimwit; and I feel like she has insecurity over not having a high level education and THIS IS NOT HELPING, KYLE. 🙄

I think she thinks it’s cute or cool to not have read the whole thing. It’s like…you don’t have a full time job and apparently have tons of time to blow money on assembling hideous outfits that literally hurt to look at (see: her reunion look). You don’t have a hour to sit and read an article revealing IN DEPTH SECRETS about a co-worker in the closest thing you have to a job? It just seems like poor judgement. 

I live in LA and I read the LA Times daily, and for the record I will say the Girardi exposé was one of the longest articles they have published in a long time. But still! 

Also LOL at the blatant Halloween advertising and the ad when Jamie Lee says “OBVIOUSLY we had to have Kyle Richards in the movie!” 😂😂😂😂😂 That was beneath Jamie Lee’s brand!

I sound mean. I think Kyle is a fundamentally good person but she can be so frustrating and, I feel, needs feedback like this. 

P.S. I think Kyle brought Kathy on the show as a security blanket / shield. Queen LVP would never have had to bring in untouchable family back-up to hide behind and film “cute” scenes with for fan goodwill. 

I believe Kyle said it was Faye’s district attorney husband, which kind of blew my mind for some reason. 

She read that article on her phone, as I recall, not exactly the best way to comprehend it. (I know I tend to scan longer stuff online.) Either that, or Kyle just doesn’t care but wants people to think she does. Probably the latter.

(And I found her boobs in that dress distractingly ridiculous, and got me thinking what digs Michael Kors or Christian Siriano might lob.)

• Love 4
On 10/15/2021 at 11:15 PM, Mrs peel said:

I don’t care that she has more curves.  But what hit me about the dress was how badly the left (her left) top side fit.  It’s very loose, when the other side is not.  Which is how I noticed how hard her left breast seemed.  It’s floating above the fabric for crying out loud!

another thought about Erika.  Honey, you claimed you couldn’t divorce Tom because he was such a powerful lawyer (which I don’t buy, there are divorce lawyers who specialize in representing the women of wealthy men), but if that was true (“where was I going to go” she claimed), why would you tell him to divorce you?  Not buying the attempt to change the narrative.

On earrings - Not a fan of suttons’s earrings. But kathy’s look like the the real thing.

This is why her lawyers wanted her off the show, because of stuff like this. Plantiffs’ attorneys will have a field day with all the inconsistencies and exaggerations she’s told here, and she won’t be able to bullshit them. She didn’t divorce Tom in all these years because he was bankrolling her — it didn’t matter where the money was coming from, as long as it kept coming. But then when SHE got implicated in this, Tom became an abusive, controlling, doddering old man, and she was just one more “victim.” Funny how things went to hell in their marriage (or so she says) the minute the shit hit the fan. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

I believe Kyle said it was Faye’s district attorney husband, which kind of blew my mind for some reason. 

She read that article on her phone, as I recall, not exactly the best way to comprehend it. (I know I tend to scan longer stuff online.) Either that, or Kyle just doesn’t care but wants people to think she does. Probably the latter.

Kyle isn’t as ditsy as Kathy or as dysfunctional as Kim, but after this season, I’m really beginning to wonder if she has ADD. I especially thought this during the vacation episodes — she was constantly being distracted when trying to cook the meal, and in Delmar, dinner was at 8 and she was still in her robe at 8:20! Kathy doesn’t help with any of this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 10/16/2021 at 7:57 AM, jinjer said:

Crystal not only dissed Sutton behind Sutton's back with the "I don't know her" but also at Dorit's early-season party, Crystal had a talking head about "Knowing/hearing about everyone who's anyone in BH, and she never heard of Dorit" yet Dorit doesn't worry about that dig. Crystal certainly has a thing about "never hearing about" people. There is such a double standard applied to Garcelle it's sad.

YES!  How could Crystal possibly bring up that Garcelle mentioned the fact that she had never heard of Crystal and called it a dig?  Crystal said the same thing in a very mocking manner about Sutton at her own table the night the 4 of them were there.  Wealthy people with social standing don’t usually worry about people knowing their “name”.  They don’t need to.  That’s a Hollywood thing.  The Hilton’s became more of a household name because of Paris and that wasn’t exactly a positive thing.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, HelloOutThere said:

Kyle has many faults and I agree that whole "I couldn't understand the article" thing made her look dumb, I actually think it's cool that they brought her back for this Halloween movie. I love it when movies do that, especially this one with her reprising a role she played as a child over 40 years ago. I did think the Halloween promotion was a bit shoe-horned in but tis the season.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, HelloOutThere said:

I just can’t believe she keeps pointing out that she could not read and comprehend the article! It makes her look even MORE like a dimwit; and I feel like she has insecurity over not having a high level education and THIS IS NOT HELPING, KYLE. 🙄

IMO she's being vague about having read the article so she doesn't have to have a strong opinion on Erika's shenanigans.

As for LVP - she got to go to her own show where she could be "the boss" and bully the other cast members while they pretended to like it 😄

• LOL 7
16 hours ago, HelloOutThere said:

P.S. I think Kyle brought Kathy on the show as a security blanket / shield. Queen LVP would never have had to bring in untouchable family back-up to hide behind and film “cute” scenes with for fan goodwil

Except Ken and the overboard cuteness of the dog. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 10/14/2021 at 10:36 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

On WWHL, Garcelle said that so far, she has not observed Erika showing any sympathy for the victims.

Now that, is being open and honest!  Not the Rinna B/S.

• Love 10
On 10/16/2021 at 8:57 AM, jinjer said:

Maybe Erika is hitting menopause - it could explain the loss of collagen, the jowls and the weight gain. I also notice that she seems a little thicker in the middle in that dress. Terrible timing with all that is going on in her life. 

She can show more empathy - her world fell apart, but knowing that it was built on ill-gotten gains should, in a PR perspective, make her show a lot more remorse and humility than she has shown this season. 

Crystal not only dissed Sutton behind Sutton's back with the "I don't know her" but also at Dorit's early-season party, Crystal had a talking head about "Knowing/hearing about everyone who's anyone in BH, and she never heard of Dorit" yet Dorit doesn't worry about that dig. Crystal certainly has a thing about "never hearing about" people. There is such a double standard applied to Garcelle it's sad.

Rinna said the race thing hands down. Kyle knows she said it. Garcelle said she saw the texts. Someone on the show showed them to her. Or goodness knows, Garcelle has friends in the business who may be mutual friends with Rinna and they showed Garcelle who then told Kyle. But Kyle definitely knew this was coming.  Rinna needs to go. She brings the season down every season to meanness. Yolanda, LVP, Denise, Eden and even Kim. Rinna is incessant Dorit. 

Their treatment of Garcelle has been abhorrent. It clear that for whatever reason, they will never see her as part of the group, and the louder they insist otherwise, the more they show their true selves. They’ll just keep moving the goalposts on what they “expect” from her.

Insidious racism? Maybe. But that reunion pile-on went above and beyond with the double standards.

For me, the most insulting moment of the season was at a dinner (forget exactly which one) when Garcelle, in tears, called them out on it and asked them if they knew what it was like trying to fit in. Without missing a beat Kathy answered, “I do.”

No, Kathy, you don’t. You can’t. So shut up.

I’ll ALWAYS be on Team Garcelle against these harpies.

Rinna has become just a little too comfortable and full of herself the longer she’s been on the show. That’s why I say a little housecleaning of the housewives now and then is sometimes necessary. I, for one, would welcome it.

• Love 21

when Garcelle, in tears, called them out on it and asked them if they knew what it was like trying to fit in. Without missing a beat Kathy answered, “I do.”

But then didn't Garcelle say something right after about having to do it every day of her life, to which Kathy then said no, she (Kathy) didn't? I thought it was funny that Kathy, of all people at the dinner minus Crystal , might finally be understanding what Garcelle was going through.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Their treatment of Garcelle has been abhorrent. It clear that for whatever reason, they will never see her as part of the group, and the louder they insist otherwise, the more they show their true selves. They’ll just keep moving the goalposts on what they “expect” from her.

Insidious racism? Maybe. But that reunion pile-on went above and beyond with the double standards.

Watching a bunch of white women tell Garcelle what is and isn't racism/offensive was one of the worst things I've seen on this show and that's saying something. 

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Now that, is being open and honest!  Not the Rinna B/S.

I only watched it once. But Garcelle’s reaction was interesting. She thought hard, trying to remember a moment when she saw authentic sympathy. Then she seemed sad and disappointed that she had to admit she hadn’t.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Hiyo said:

But then didn't Garcelle say something right after about having to do it every day of her life, to which Kathy then said no, she (Kathy) didn't? I thought it was funny that Kathy, of all people at the dinner minus Crystal , might finally be understanding what Garcelle was going through.

Correct. I think Kathy meant well. I was really disappointed in Dorit this season. I thought she was one of the worst, if not the worst, regarding her treatment of Garcelle. She apologized for calling her a bully. She should also apologize for screaming at her. 

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Correct. I think Kathy meant well. I was really disappointed in Dorit this season. I thought she was one of the worst, if not the worst, regarding her treatment of Garcelle. She apologized for calling her a bully. She should also apologize for screaming at her. 

Perhaps Kathy was trying to diffuse a tense moment and she meant no offense. But there is no way that she can fully understand Garcelle’s life experience as a POC in this society, of which this insular group is a very small part, and to which Garcelle was referring. Her comment seemed dismissive, almost flip, to me. For Garcelle, she can’t win with this group, and that’s a widely shared frustration for many outside the bubble of this show — and Beverly Hills.

YMMV, obviously. I’m good with agreeing to disagree on this point.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RoseAllDay said:

Perhaps Kathy was trying to diffuse a tense moment and she meant no offense. But there is no way that she can fully understand Garcelle’s life experience as a POC in this society, of which this insular group is a very small part, and to which Garcelle was referring. Her comment seemed dismissive, almost flip, to me. For Garcelle, she can’t win with this group, and that’s a widely shared frustration for many outside the bubble of this show — and Beverly Hills.

YMMV, obviously. I’m good with agreeing to disagree on this point.

Oh of course not. I definitely don't think this group is great when it comes to race. I still like Kathy and Sutton because I think they're good people, which is more than can be said for a lot of this bunch. Trust me, I've gotten into it many times with people regarding "oh we all go through the same thing" nonsense. 

Where I think Kathy is different is even if she doesn't understand, she seemed like she wanted to. She wasn't defensive unlike some of the others. 

I don't think we entirely disagree, but I am good with agree to disagree too. ❤️

• Love 2

Correct. I think Kathy meant well.

Where I think Kathy is different is even if she doesn't understand, she seemed like she wanted to. She wasn't defensive unlike some of the others. 

Yeah, Kathy seemed to at least think about it, even if just for a minute, and seemed to try and see it from Garcelle's point of view, which is more than I can say for many of the other women at the table.

• Love 5