Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E18: Del Mar by the Shade

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Julyolo said:

This new tale that Erica is telling sounds like she's definitely been scripted as to what to say. It's when she goes off script that she flounders. Like most merchants of deception.

Ita. I think when PK said she was in a controlling marriage and was still being controlled he was onto something..

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

They didn't use the word pain, but she was bawling to them.  She was very upset.  And their comments were like 

"Garcelle I'm SO glad you said that."
"That was beautiful."

They spent so much time denying and invalidating what Garcelle was telling them about her feelings until they finally broke her down.  I guess tearful and hurt is the only feeling they found acceptable.

• Love 17

2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

She really was not "to the manor born" - she wasn't uber rich until she married Rick Hilton.

True but she was only 20 when she married Rick - 42 years ago.  I can see her getting used to a certain lifestyle after 40 years. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

That's kind of weird.  I have a job, but when I hang out with friends or family or people I'm not working with, I'm not suddenly confused that I might be at work.

It's indeed weird. I'm not someone who's comfortable with being emotional in font of just anyone, so it's a very strange feeling when you have to and everyone's like "beautiful, did you feel good about that?" 

Garcelle has basically said this about herself before-that people see strong and hard but that she's soft. I think it's totally obvious. She's not someone who gets emotional easily. She works in a tough industry. She's a mother of three. But we can tell she's soft because she's nice and will defend the underdog-last year Denise, this year Sutton. The fact she has to show some tears for these other ladies to soften toward her is ridiculous. 

Edited because I just saw you added on. :)

9 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

And anyways, I don't think Garcelle was acting, she broke down, so that would be rude of them to think she was acting I think.  

I think it showed them as really ignorant of real issues and Garcelle's pain.  Especially Kathy's comment that she's felt different when walking into a room.  Why?  Because she's so much richer than everyone else?  God forbid.  Because she has more plastic surgery than everyone else?  It was a rhetorical question; Kathy really didn't need to pipe up at that moment, it was unneeded.  When I go to a party and I don't know people, for instance, that's nothing compared to Garcelle being the only Black person in a room.

Oh no, I don't think Garcelle was acting either. I was just reminded of being on set with actors with the way the other women responded. They may just be responding like actors to seeing someone emotional, even if Garcelle wasn't acting. 

Agree with all your post too. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Marley said:

She’s a lying psycho bitch lol.

And moody too.  Last episode at Dorit's bridal design reveal, she was so nice and cordial to Sutton, and I was surprised.  She called her beautiful and made room for her at the table, and this week, she's snarling, why is Sutton talking to her?  Sometimes there's just not enough Lexapro in the world.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

So what is Crystal bringing to the show?

The house and lifestyle her husband's money bought? Oh and one black or gray or tan outfit after another.  Boring!  The Mean Girls are putting up with her for now because she's a 'number' for their side.  But if Kyle or Rinna had to hang out with her alone for the day they'd go berzerk with boredom.  

Wait-- I forgot about her family's dumplins!  That was interesting🤤-- but just the dumplins, not her.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, njbchlover said:

If anyone else was coveting Kathy's tote and Kyle's tote and matching suitcase, you can get them here:

https://www.lilyandbean.co.uk/products/design-your-own-canvas-weekender-bag-jumbo-soft-fawn-bag?sscid=91k5_ouqjg&

Compared to some of their other handbags/luggage, this is definitely in the more affordable end of the spectrum - I'm surprised they both are using something that is probably very inexpensive to them.

I absolutely loved them, and may be making a purchase soon!!  

I liked the bags too, along with the sunglasses Kyle was wearing while driving to Del Mar.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, nexxie said:

Big Kathy seems like a true narcissist who valued her appliances children for the functions they provided - Kathy for the mirror, Kim for the money, and Kyle for whatever needed to be done.

The only image in my mind of Kathy is of the cold hearted bitch I saw on Paris' documentary.  Paris was literally abducted from the Hilton's house, at the request of the Rick and Kathy, and sent off to an institution in Utah for troubled teens.  It happened at night and Paris had no clue as to what was happening.    In the Utah place she was abused and drugged.   The parents didn't visit.  Paris report has been corroborated by many other inmates.   So Kathy can drop the scatterbrained housewife act; she's an entitled bitchy wealthy snob.  And why is someone who is such a perfectionist with her table settings such a mess with her clothes.   That satin pink blazer outfit looked dated, illfitting,  and sloppy, actually wrinkled.  Her disdain for the help is very believable.  

Crystal looked gorgeous at the black dress dinner, but she fades into the background.  She has a very disagreeable resting bitch face.  When she smiles, it changes her appearance entirely.  But if she offers no more the rest of the season, she can go.   I really think she'll not want to return.  I think she definitely feels like an outsider, but nobody seems to care.  It's not a show where you can hang back and expect attention.  

Sutton is on fire.  I love it.  She looked absolutely gorgeous on WWHL.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
13 minutes ago, weaver said:

The only image in my mind of Kathy is of the cold hearted bitch I saw on Paris' documentary.  Paris was literally abducted from the Hilton's house, at the request of the Rick and Kathy, and sent off to an institution in Utah for troubled teens.  It happened at night and Paris had no clue as to what was happening.    In the Utah place she was abused and drugged.   The parents didn't visit.  Paris report has been corroborated by many other inmates. 

I'm glad you remembered this. I could not recall the details. While Paris is telling only one side of the story. I believe there is evidence she has horrible parents.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Marley said:
5 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

So what is Crystal bringing to the show?

At the moment, nothing, I agree.  

At the same time, given what's up with Erika, I'm sure BRAVO understands while editing that no one really cares. 

Crystal will have her time, but now just ain't it, and it's simply not needed.

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, njbchlover said:

She really was not "to the manor born" - she wasn't uber rich until she married Rick Hilton.

Well, looking up some of Kathy's history, Montclair Prep wasn't exactly in the LA public school system.  Uber-rich, no; but John Hughes-style Steff McKee/Cameron Frye rich (and they were both in public school!)?  Definitely.

10 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Was Crystal there?

I end up asking myself this a lot.

Edited by Lassus
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

What this group did to Garcelle is a text book case of what a group of mean high school girls do to another girl they decide is not good enough for their circle.

So true. What begins as production shenanigans evolves into toxic behavior, fueled by these assholes' craven desire for camera focus as well as their own lack of character.  The behavior also reminds me of 70s era group therapy sessions. I never attended but friends did. Sometimes they were nothing more than bully sessions, hiding behind the "therapy" label. A good friend is a therapist and comments that some people don't recover easily from this kind of behavior. My friend thinks we've seen that with some housewives across the franchise. It's disturbing.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 20
9 hours ago, Axie said:

Buffy, Uncle Bill, Cissy and Mr. French!  And, the creepy little brother.  Don’t remember who he was…. Haven’t thought about that show in a long, long time.

Who was Cissy? that doll? I just remembered a doll in that show..

• LOL 2
12 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Garcelle was quite powerful in what she just said. Did you notice how much sympathy Erica had for her? Not.

Of course not - she was basically miffed that she wasn't the center of attention for 5 minutes.

purple-minion.gif

Edited by renatae
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, realityplease said:

On one hand, she saw cognitive decline.  On the other hand, she threatened (promised!) Sutton that "he isn't dead yet & could still sue." (Oh oops, except for the dementia, those distracting victim lawsuits, & being deemed inactive by the State Bar at the time.)  Alternative reality much? She's scornful that others would take him out of the burglarized home (up for sale anyway) & put him somewhere safer.  She's decided home care is better than a memory care facility. (Sure is, if you DON'T really have dementia to the degree claimed!  But maybe not IF you NEED the degree of skilled care that a facility can offer.)  Both options are expensive.  Is she paying?? Moving him into her 2nd bedroom? She didn't stick around and is not stepping up now.  No, she saw problems & fled.  But in her mind, OTHERS should be around for him! 

In my mind, these were Erika's wedding vows:  "I, Erika, take you, Tom, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and hwealth, to love and to cherishtolerate, until we are parted by deathbecause you ran out of money. This is my solemn vow."

8 minutes ago, Nicmar said:

Who was Cissy? that doll? I just remembered a doll in that show..

Cissy was the older (teenage) sister.  Mrs. Beasley was the doll.

• LOL 12
  • Love 7

Garcelle berated to "open up" to them to be accepted  after she has witnessed how these women react to other cast mates and how they are disposable when the mood fits it just freakn funny to me.... Do they not watch this and go IF that was my daughter and someone was talking to her like that? This is just some CULT koolaid type behavior they got going on

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Kathy didn't meditate, she slept! 

Kathy sleeps so much, I suspect she pops tranquilizers with her morning vitamins.

Glam-squadless Erika in her bathrobe looks really weird to me.  Those hyaluronic-acid-pumped lips!  Those Sculptra-chipmonk cheeks!  Those beady, little eyes!  Kudos to whomever first caught the Baby Jane resemblance—yes, she looks just Baby Jane in perimenopause!

Special to Rinna:  That Bravo stylist who smeared orange eyeshadow on you for your talking heads?  He/she is not your friend!

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Lassus said:

I understand all the reasons given for "The Lady", but I gotta say I'm still not buying it.  I'm comfortable based on Kathy Hilton's history that she had no clue what her name was.

Well, at least Kathy didn't call the mystery lady "the help", like Ramona from RHONY!!  

Someone upthread commented that perhaps "the Lady" was a show producer or production assistant.  I'm thinking that could be a good possibility.

Or.....with Kathy's forgetfulness (Bernie Sanders, her tote bag and cell phone are just a couple of incidents) and her inability to do simple tasks like plugging in a fan or opening a wine bottle, perhaps Kathy is the one may be experiencing some early on-set Alzheimers' symptoms??  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, GreenlinetoHarlem said:

Sprains can be more painful than fractures!

Yep. I sprained my ankle last year. If I had access to a wheelchair I would have used it. Instead I borrowed my neighbors cane until I got the one I ordered from Amazon a couple of days later. Any pressure on it hurt like heck. I knew it wasn't broken and, at the time, Ambulances were waiting hours to offload their patients so an ER was out of the question and I wasn't about to go to a crowded Urgent care, full of people with Covid symptoms, so just keeping weight off it was the treatment.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

Ita. I think when PK said she was in a controlling marriage and was still being controlled he was onto something..

I don't believe she was in a controlling marriage, but I do now believe that the divorce is a scam and she and Tom have a plan. I did NOT think that when this season started  but I can't really figure out any other reason for Erika's continued tales of Tom, aka, Superman. Last night, she was shading the family and his friends for deserting him, but we are to believe she did the same. Then why is she so angry that others did? 

• Love 21
Just now, Lassus said:

However, it did seem like for all of her lifestyle changes, she was the only one there shown with a makeup artist.

I thought the same thing - how can she afford a makeup artist/glam person?  Is this the same guy that was part of her glam squad with Mikey, or someone who is a little more affordable, and therefore, not quite as adept at building a cosmetic facade?

I'm also convinced that Dorit has a hair/makeup team hiding somewhere when she travels - I don't think she's capable of doing those crazy things to her own hair, like the Pippi Longstocking high braids (which, frankly, look utterly ridiculous on a grown woman).

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, chlban said:

Erika's line last night "wanna know who your friends are? Get old and go broke", infuriated me. Erika, you lying hooker without a heart, Tom isn't being shunned fir "going broke" or for getting old. He is a thief and stole money from widows and orphans that trusted him. You are still flaunting his money on TV weekly and here's a news flash, you witch, the rest of us mortals are having a little trouble with your "poor me" crap, while you are  living In a lovely home,driving a Range Rover when you aren't using a driver,and still employing someone to apply your make-up and an assistant. And WTH do you need an assistant for anyway? To scope out rich old men? Because other than selling your body so you could get a rich old guy to finance the utterly ridiculous Erika Jayne persona WHAT have you ever done? We do not feel sorry for you, scumbag. We detest you more each passing week. 

👏👏👏👏👏

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Well Erika, I’ll bet the widows, orphans and burn victim know what it’s like to have a bad day(s). Sorrynotsorry I  don’t feel sorry for you at all while you check into an opulent hotel for a vacation. 

THIS. 

And there’s an article in the Erika thread that suggests she likely knew about the legal troubles, per Tom himself. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6